7.0

1. Nov 30, 2011
    Take On Helicopters is a fun and challenging helicopter game from Bohemia Interactive which have previously developed mostly military simulators. Take On Helicopters is not as realistic and detailed as some other hardcore flight-simulators yet the game is still demanding and rewarding to master. Terrain graphics look excellent especially around Seattle center with lots of tall and shinyTake On Helicopters is a fun and challenging helicopter game from Bohemia Interactive which have previously developed mostly military simulators. Take On Helicopters is not as realistic and detailed as some other hardcore flight-simulators yet the game is still demanding and rewarding to master. Terrain graphics look excellent especially around Seattle center with lots of tall and shiny buildings. On other areas graphics quality varies but that's understandable considering the huge areas of real world terrain the game covers. Creation of user made content (missions, addons, mods) will benefit from the existing creative community based on ArmA-series. Expand
  2. Jul 9, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game. It's some nice non-violent fun that acts as an aid to learning how to fly helicopters. There are issues, but the biggest issue for me is simply that the game was too short. I played with a joystick and did not use auto-hover, by the time I got to the end of the game, I felt like I had just mastered all aspects of flying helicopters, from hovering, to landing, toI really enjoyed this game. It's some nice non-violent fun that acts as an aid to learning how to fly helicopters. There are issues, but the biggest issue for me is simply that the game was too short. I played with a joystick and did not use auto-hover, by the time I got to the end of the game, I felt like I had just mastered all aspects of flying helicopters, from hovering, to landing, to auto-rotation, and even sling loads. But at that point, I was hoping the game was going to give me some harder challenges to really put my skills to the test, instead the game just ended. It's basically a very long tutorial on how to become a helicopter pilot, and for that, it's great! If that is what you are looking for then this is the game for you. Expand
  3. Dec 2, 2011
    TOH has an interesting campaign, with a challenging flightmodel. It is a bit like a modern Sim Copter, and even though Im not a very big flightsim guy, I was very entertained by this title. The mission editor, extensive modability and community doesn't hurt the future experience either.
  4. Jan 11, 2012
    An easy going game that gets where no civil simulator has gone before: Getting a story and drama mixed with the flying around. The game's easy going and the campaign pretty much takes you from total novice to feeling yourself pretty much in control of the different choppers, which is pretty much to say. The game also puts you in a great deal of the real situations chopper pilots face inAn easy going game that gets where no civil simulator has gone before: Getting a story and drama mixed with the flying around. The game's easy going and the campaign pretty much takes you from total novice to feeling yourself pretty much in control of the different choppers, which is pretty much to say. The game also puts you in a great deal of the real situations chopper pilots face in their day to day operations, but spicing them with the interest of the story-driven campaign. This keeps the interest up and will surely meet the needs of users that are attracted to flight sims but keep their distance because of this type of games difficulty and lack of objective. The visuals are just gorgeous and the terrains, while constraint to 'just' 20 thousand square kilometers of Seattle and South Asia territory, are more than enough (after all, we're not flying supersonic jets but helicopters: Much less speed and altitude). Regarding the flight model... After several thousand hours using simulators with realistic flight models (and that excludes FSX for the sake of choppers), I can say that the different difficulty levels excel in allowing you to face a flight model that can go from *very* realistic (and thus, a hell of a challenge to master) to *very* comfortable (while keeping the sensation you're in a sim and not in a fast paced simplified arcade). What I also found really fantastic is that the game can be enjoyed with just keyboard and mouse, but it will also accept a 360 pad and, of course, a full fledged joystick/throttle/pedals set up. It might need a little tampering with the joystick configuration, though, to get it working comfortably, as the initial settings for control sticks are a bit clumsy.

So, basically, I found it a great game that offers very interesting perks to simulation fans (without pretending to be a hardcore simulator) and will engage players that are more casual sim players or even that are looking for "some place to start". Worth the while for sure.
  5. Sep 1, 2012
    I love the feel... Its just like a real helicopters flight characteristics and I should know I flew for years ... love it.. Good job Bohemia! Graphics Roads, cars and small details doesn't do my NVidia 2gb 690 video card justice .. I just bought this do to the memory's of tooling around in a Hughes 500D model helicopter and feeling like your hung from a string really shows you needI love the feel... Its just like a real helicopters flight characteristics and I should know I flew for years ... love it.. Good job Bohemia! Graphics Roads, cars and small details doesn't do my NVidia 2gb 690 video card justice .. I just bought this do to the memory's of tooling around in a Hughes 500D model helicopter and feeling like your hung from a string really shows you need small inputs to the cyclic smooth transitions to landing and all will be good Collapse
  6. Sep 1, 2012

1. Mar 30, 2012
    A challenging helicopter simulator not as hardcore as another flight simulators but still fun to play. Brings a different Career approach focused on drama.
  2. Feb 9, 2012
    Take on Helicopters doesn't revolutionize the simulator genre but most definitely will go down in gaming history as an interesting experiment. Have the developers focused more on the "simulator" part, the game could gain more recognition among hardcore fans.
    The very first flight simulator capable of attracting gamers who always ignored this genre. Two large maps and plenty of missions with detailed models of helicopters make you a fan of flying. [Dec 2011]