9.2

1. Mar 17, 2011
    No matter what FPS game you play, you can thank Team Fortress for making it possible. The original Team Fortress was a free mod for Quake 1 that came out in 1996, and it forever changed FPS games. TF was the first game that really focused on class based team play. So many games follow that model now. Team Fortress 2 is not quite the same game as its 1996 incarnation. The game no longer hasNo matter what FPS game you play, you can thank Team Fortress for making it possible. The original Team Fortress was a free mod for Quake 1 that came out in 1996, and it forever changed FPS games. TF was the first game that really focused on class based team play. So many games follow that model now. Team Fortress 2 is not quite the same game as its 1996 incarnation. The game no longer has grenades, it has a slower pace, and at a competitive level, it actually requires teamwork to win. Team Fortress 2 has been out for over 3 years now and it is only growing in popularity. The competitive community is getting bigger, and it shows no signs of slowing down. If you are looking for a fun FPS with lasting appeal, Team Fortress 2 is for you. Expand
  2. Jan 8, 2012
    This game will ruin your life. You'll forget to feed the dog, you may even forget to feed yourself. Your lawn will look like the amazon and the newspapers will pile up. If you don't like your job, perfect, you won't go to work once you start playing. I love this game, more than I loved my girlfriend. I'm a logical (somewhat decent) person. I have memories from 2fort. Help me.
  3. Mar 19, 2011
    Team Fortress 2 is by far one of the best shooters ever made. The classes are balanced, there's an immense choice of weapons for you to use or acquire, strategy is required and most importantly: TEAMWORK IS REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES! All 9 classes help each other in many ways, and a combination of classes and teamwork is crucial to win the game.

Many maps to choose from, and you can even make

Many maps to choose from, and you can even make your own. New content is released regularly and for free... and you can even make you own too!
    Also, AWESOME HATS AND AWESOME STUFF TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR CHARACTER.

This is the real deal.
  4. Jan 10, 2012
    THE free game (I'd put it just in front of LoL). Words can't describe how good this game is. There are lots of fun play modes, the graphics look great and are incredibly well optimized, the class variety is prominent, there's an item system that makes each class a bit more unique, and you don't have to pay a dime (if you don't want to). If you like FPS or team games, you have to at leastTHE free game (I'd put it just in front of LoL). Words can't describe how good this game is. There are lots of fun play modes, the graphics look great and are incredibly well optimized, the class variety is prominent, there's an item system that makes each class a bit more unique, and you don't have to pay a dime (if you don't want to). If you like FPS or team games, you have to at least give it a shot. Valve really has impressed me both with the quality of this game and their ability to hand it out for nothing! Easily my new go-to shooter Expand
  5. Nov 13, 2010
    Three words everybody: BEST SHOOTER EVER! I dont care if Halo: Reach has an epic campaign (actually, I do), this game has a freakin' SANDVICH!!! The class you play as isn't just your favorite character; its a personality! If I ever (God forbid) go on a dating site, my profile will say, "Likes cats and playing as the Engineer and Scout,". This game has great graphics, catchy tunes, and overThree words everybody: BEST SHOOTER EVER! I dont care if Halo: Reach has an epic campaign (actually, I do), this game has a freakin' SANDVICH!!! The class you play as isn't just your favorite character; its a personality! If I ever (God forbid) go on a dating site, my profile will say, "Likes cats and playing as the Engineer and Scout,". This game has great graphics, catchy tunes, and over 60 different weapons (not including promotion items)! It's only 20 bucks! Go buy a copy! If you have one, stop hating your friends and buy them one! Expand
  6. Apr 8, 2011
    Awesome game overall. It makes good use of the 9 classes and it makes every one of them unique in both playstyle and gameplay. Nothing is unnecessary or excessive, besides some items and the gaming is extremely fast paced. It gets you worked up like no other and when played competitively, it is the most satisfying game in the world. This game is valve's best creation by far. It isAwesome game overall. It makes good use of the 9 classes and it makes every one of them unique in both playstyle and gameplay. Nothing is unnecessary or excessive, besides some items and the gaming is extremely fast paced. It gets you worked up like no other and when played competitively, it is the most satisfying game in the world. This game is valve's best creation by far. It is humorous, but at the same time, intense. Expand
  7. Mar 2, 2011
    Graphics are creative and funny, Controls are ultra-smooth and the game-play is FUN. FUN being the important word here. The game may look simple at first glance, but is a very complex shooter. Pretty much still a perfect game after all these years.
  8. Aug 13, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's a perfect game. You are always updated with new releases incredible. It is worthwhile to buy this game, is a masterpiece from Valve. The game is very fun, with different characters and balanced. Expand
  9. Apr 8, 2011
    Even after all these years, there's still no multiplayer game that can top it. Excellent class balance, fair customization, great maps, they're all here, and not going anywhere anytime soon.
  10. Sep 5, 2011
    With endless replay value, constant updates, and occasional (and very well done) animated shorts, Team Fortress 2 is no doubt one of the best shooters out there.
  11. Dec 20, 2011
    No matter what year it is or how evolved video games have become Team Fortress 2 will always be a blast to play and one of the best multiplayer experiences, with the constant updates bringing new weapons and maps to the formula everything is simply perfect.
  12. Jan 3, 2012
    This is one of the best shooter games that I have ever played (if not the best)! It's so great that it's really hard to describe into words. What I really have to like is the graphics. I think that the animated graphics are so great that it may even put Pixar to shame. However, the gameplay is where this game really shines. I had a lot of fun mowing down thousands of enemies as aThis is one of the best shooter games that I have ever played (if not the best)! It's so great that it's really hard to describe into words. What I really have to like is the graphics. I think that the animated graphics are so great that it may even put Pixar to shame. However, the gameplay is where this game really shines. I had a lot of fun mowing down thousands of enemies as a heavy, completing hard objectives as a scout, and using total stealth as a spy. As for the gameplay modes, I'm happy they just stuck to the classic capture the flag, payload, and control points rather than coming up with something new. If they just did something new, I probably wouldn't have liked it as much. My only real problem with this game is the lack of a mini-map. It is really hard to navigate through the battlefield without one. However, the rest of the game more than makes up for this. Before I played this game, I had also played Star Wars Battlefront. Star Wars Battlefront is amazing, but if you ask me, its got nothing on this. To here I thought Star Wars Battlefront was this good; I stand corrected. Expand
  13. Nov 13, 2011
    TF2 really has a way of making this game incredibly fun to play. 9 classes, all with changing weapons, outfits, accessories. There's also an ability to craft items, trade them, and even purchase 100's of items in-game using real life cash. I believe the game is free to play also. u really can't go wrong with that!!!!!
  14. Nov 17, 2011
    Greatest multiplayer experience i've had in any game. It's not about the weapons or actual combat it's all about the community! Greatest community alive. Jumping around spamming voice commands, youtube videos, GMod associated. I met a lot of my best friends through Team Fortress 2. The hats are also cool too. So are the characters. Yeah.
  15. Nov 20, 2011
    TF2 really puts the fun back in the FPS genre imo. The games been out awhile but I still have a blast playing it. Oh and I love my hats :D. I know this review doesn't tell you much but if you love fast paced truly team based FPS fun that doesn't take itself too seriously and blends a creative art style with just the right amount of comedy then TF2 is the game of your dreams.
  16. Nov 20, 2011
    As a "free to play noob", I would rate this game a 10. Valve constantly releases updates and it has great replay value. Each of the nine classes have their benefits and disadvantages, which balances out great. Thank you Valve for this fantastic shooter!
  17. Jan 4, 2012
    The graphics are something to cherish due to that cartoony feeling, and the gameplay is extremely decent if you can handle the MLG multiplayer. Overall, if you know how to use the characters to choose from and which is your favorite, you'll find this a blast to play.
  18. Dec 19, 2012
    I think this game is too good to be for free. It's highly addicting and original to the max. It updates very often... you just have to play it to understand just how great the updates are. And the deals, oh the deals! Valve is just too generous.
  19. Apr 1, 2013
    This game is almost perfect, the best balanced FPS ever.

Team Fortress 2 is a mix of using well-thought classes and weapons, changing classes and equipment dynamically and counter the class and equipment of the opponent. Fight your way through 60 official and over 300 notable user-made custom maps, survive and kill in 8 official and at least 10 notable custom gamemode, reaching from
    This game is almost perfect, the best balanced FPS ever.

Fight your way through 60 official and over 300 notable user-made custom maps, survive and kill in 8 official and at least 10 notable custom gamemode, reaching from Capture the Flag over Prophunt to King of the Hill.

A lovely style of graphic, perfect voice actors (at least in english), funny voice clips and especially the balancing do the rest.

Now to the best of all: The F2P system. Its completely unique for a F2P shooter to not be P2W as PlanetSide or AVA, to name two other Steam F2P shooters, are. Premium members gain ONLY the following:

-6 times bigger backpack
    -ability to trade items
    -ability to find hats and misc (which dont have any effect at all)
    -the feeling that they spent a great developer team a drink

To the balancing: I would call 2 weapons, Phlogistinator and Soda Popper, a bit over the top, but they are both easy to counter, even though you can get annoyed by them pretty fast.
    Also weak is the point that the classical Team Deathmatch and Deathmatch modes miss due to the fact that Valve wanted to think the players as team players, not as CoD Kiddies.

To get to an end: Team Fortress has a great humor, a brilliant lovely artstyle, a growing and good community, a outstanding balancing and a very good F2P system. It won't make it 10/10 because of the missing of the Deathmatch modes and the little mistakes in Balancing, but it is one of the best games (on my personal Top 10 at least 3rd) ever made.
  20. Aug 22, 2013
    I started to play when this game was not Free to Play, and I have to say only one thing this game keeps its quality, even when everyone is running in weird painted hatwear.
  21. Jun 28, 2014
    in my entire life.

All classes have purpose
    It is completely balanced
    its now free-to-play
    the weapons are unique and have their own strengths
    I've spent over 100 dollars in this game. and i must say...
    worth it.
  22. Nov 16, 2013
    Probably one of the best online FPS of all time.

Probably one of the best online FPS of all time.

Don't expect to like Team Fortress 2 the moment you jump into battle, the chances are you will find it very difficult and frustrating. Once you find the class your good at and the weapons you like, you'll be playing it non-stop. There is so much to this game you'll find as you progress. The maps are all very fun with different gamemodes which are all fun and can easily be played on for over 100 hours. The only real downside of the game is the community who can sometimes ruin the server you are playing on. Sometimes you can't escape them and will just have to wait until they are all gone. Another downside maybe being people doing cheap tricks with their classes and weapons and such.

Freakin' good game, by far the best Free-to-play game out there.
  23. Feb 12, 2011
    Team Fortress 2 - WOW, what a game! Extremely impressive gameplay and multiplayer, buckets of humour, fun and replayability, and incredibly rendered cartoonish graphics which fit the game perfectly. If you don't have this game already, you are seriously missing out!
  24. Jun 14, 2011
    Team Fortress was a Quake mod that became wildly popular throughout the PC gaming community. Valve saw this as an opportunity and released Team Fortress 2. There are nine different classes you can choose from, from the stealthy spy, who sneaks up using disguises and invisibility and delivers devastating blows from behind, to the subtle-as-a-brick heavy, who, with his miniguns and sandvichTeam Fortress was a Quake mod that became wildly popular throughout the PC gaming community. Valve saw this as an opportunity and released Team Fortress 2. There are nine different classes you can choose from, from the stealthy spy, who sneaks up using disguises and invisibility and delivers devastating blows from behind, to the subtle-as-a-brick heavy, who, with his miniguns and sandvich in hand can deliver a world of pain and delicious-ness on the field. The classes are all perfectly balanced and have strengths and weaknesses that make sure that your class reflects only your playstyle. There are also dozens of weapons and even more hats to further customize your individual classes. Major updates give out free items to players, players can buy them from an in-game store for real-world money, or they can trade other players for items. They can also get items for earning Steam achievements, or from "crafting" items together to make a better item.
    The gameplay is great, and it never feels frustrating like some other games do. You can get into the console if you're an admin and do all sorts of crazy stuff in your game, at the price of not being able to get achievements and stats tracked. All updates are free, and you never have to pay for "map packs" or "expansions". It's also loads of fun to be part of the TF2 community. Every event has a cool new hat or accessory for your character to show that you were there. Some games on Steam offer hats and weapons with pre-order, like Portal's companion cube pin.
    I could talk about Team Fortress 2 for hours, but Metacritic will only give me 5,000 characters and I'm lazy, so I'll just say that Team Fortress 2 is one of the best values out there (at $10 on PC as of this review), and an even better value when bought as part of the Orange Box. There's just so much you get besides the already amazing gameplay.
  25. Nov 14, 2011
    This game is fun and FREE!. I know, the graphics suck, and you gan take a rocket to the face. it is very unrealistic, but it is certainly fun. And free. Most of the free games really push you for buying things, but in TF2 it is easy to get weapons without buying stuff. So that's it.
  26. Nov 12, 2011
    This is a really fantastic game, the graphics are cartoony which makes it fun, but what impresses me more is how Valve's physic engine makes the game more fun, it is fun to just shoot dead bodies and see them slide away. There are hundreds of different weapons and hats. And there is a currency in game called metal (it is a currency to me). The more scrap, reclaimed or refined metal youThis is a really fantastic game, the graphics are cartoony which makes it fun, but what impresses me more is how Valve's physic engine makes the game more fun, it is fun to just shoot dead bodies and see them slide away. There are hundreds of different weapons and hats. And there is a currency in game called metal (it is a currency to me). The more scrap, reclaimed or refined metal you have the richer you are in the game. Valve has really done it again with a really good game like this. Multiplayer is FANTASTIC. This truly is a golden game Expand
  27. Nov 13, 2011
    This is great!
    In times when graphics are ultra-realistic and perfect, TF2 still does it!
    Love the maps, classes, animations... Sooooo: I love the game =P
  28. Nov 20, 2011
    This game is amazing. I totally recommend it for everybody. The style is great, because you can use it the way you want. You can find a lot of items, or buy a few from the store. I love this game. It is a pretty hard game to get used to at first though. Once you get used to it, its great.
  29. Nov 20, 2011
    When I first heard of a sequel to Team Fortress classic I was surprised but also excited about a new Team Fortress. But now that's I've played it, it is a great game that's graphics are cartoonish yet aesthetically pleasing. But the best part of this game is the class balancing they're so different from each other yet the balancing is something that is top of the standard. This game isWhen I first heard of a sequel to Team Fortress classic I was surprised but also excited about a new Team Fortress. But now that's I've played it, it is a great game that's graphics are cartoonish yet aesthetically pleasing. But the best part of this game is the class balancing they're so different from each other yet the balancing is something that is top of the standard. This game is lighthearted but very fun and addicting that will still compete wit the other First Person shooters. Valve has shown WHY it's still a maker of great quality FPS

But what it does lack is variety. Playing basically the same thing over and over again won't make sure you stay playing for that long. But when you do start playing, it'll be very hard to get off playing.

When you do start playing it's best that you choose a class that you feel comfortable playing as. The learning curve may be steepish but once you get into it, there's heaps of fun it.
  30. Jan 4, 2012
    Whenever someone thinks of PC gaming, they should think of Team Fortress 2. This game, along with Counter-Strike, has made the FPS genre as it stands possible. The theme is cartoony to match the tongue-in-cheek approach the dev team is taking to death with their sarcastic, satirical humor. Blog posts, shot comics, and constant updates add to an ever increasingly confusing and hilariouslyWhenever someone thinks of PC gaming, they should think of Team Fortress 2. This game, along with Counter-Strike, has made the FPS genre as it stands possible. The theme is cartoony to match the tongue-in-cheek approach the dev team is taking to death with their sarcastic, satirical humor. Blog posts, shot comics, and constant updates add to an ever increasingly confusing and hilariously strange back-story with absolutely no practical application in game, except to give a base for community-made hats. Did I forget to mention hats, weapons, classes, community maps, mods, and the digitalized hide-and-seek mode of prophunt? Expand
  31. Dec 9, 2012
    This is, by far, the most balanced multiplayer game I have ever played in my life. Add in a cartoonish art design, 9 likable characters with their own unique skills and personalities, an unfathomable amount of items, the longest list of achievements for any Steam title, make it free to play, and what you get is the most incredible concoction ever imagined. It has yet to be triumphed, letThis is, by far, the most balanced multiplayer game I have ever played in my life. Add in a cartoonish art design, 9 likable characters with their own unique skills and personalities, an unfathomable amount of items, the longest list of achievements for any Steam title, make it free to play, and what you get is the most incredible concoction ever imagined. It has yet to be triumphed, let alone matched, by any other multiplayer title, even after 5 years. Forget every other rage-inducing, mindless shooter, this game is king, and should be treasured for how brilliant and well-polished it is. Expand
  32. Jun 24, 2012
    TF2 is one of the funnest games on PC with near-endless replay value. It keeps making me want to come back to play it! I don't see it as a serious game at all, just a game where I can have fun, which is what made the updates so effective to me. People complain about the fact that the updates ruined the game, but I disagree. At least they CARE about the community and add items which youTF2 is one of the funnest games on PC with near-endless replay value. It keeps making me want to come back to play it! I don't see it as a serious game at all, just a game where I can have fun, which is what made the updates so effective to me. People complain about the fact that the updates ruined the game, but I disagree. At least they CARE about the community and add items which you DON'T have to buy. Another point is that the game is VERY balanced and Valve try to make each weapon have its unique disadvantages that can be countered by another weapon. Because of each class being balanced and having it's unique weakness I feel as is TF2 is a very skillful game that makes you focus on what class to choose with what weapon in order to counter the opposing team and win. There are a couple of bad points to the game however. One is that Valve made specific items buy-able only, and seeing as the prices of nearly EVERY item in the shop are outrageous (I mean £3.50 to change the name of a weapon?!? and £2 to change its colour?!?). One of the reasons for the outrageous prices may be the fact that the game is now free to play, so it may be a little difficult to make profits. Another little flaw to the game is its critical hit system, as it takes A lot of skill out of the game. Expand
  33. Jul 16, 2012
    You might be a bit confused by me giving this game a 7 (it may not actually say 7, cuz it wouldnt stay that way when i clicked submit. My true review score is 7/10) when I tell you that this is my favorite game in the entire world. I read through at least a few dozen negative reviews and realized that a lot of them brought up very good points. I got this game back in 2009, only shortlyYou might be a bit confused by me giving this game a 7 (it may not actually say 7, cuz it wouldnt stay that way when i clicked submit. My true review score is 7/10) when I tell you that this is my favorite game in the entire world. I read through at least a few dozen negative reviews and realized that a lot of them brought up very good points. I got this game back in 2009, only shortly before it went F2P. At first, I was kicking myself for not waiting another few months to get it. I still feel that way to this day. But after reading so many reviews complaining about "whiny little kids".........I realized that they we right. The **** that people will buy on the steam store turns them invincible. Amd when they die, they always, and I mean ALWAYS, scream their **** lungs off. Now I'm GLAD I got a few months free of whining and being destroyed by a demo night. It ruins the game. And while I still love it more than any other game, I admit it has been hurt DRASTICALLY by becoming F2P. I'm almost pleading valve to either make you pay for it again, nerf the weapons, or both. I hope you guys take what I said into consideration. Nonetheless, I highly recommend the game if you're looking for a wild good time, where you can get decapitated with a golf club and not question how. :) Expand
  34. Dec 6, 2012
    This game is perfect. it outmatches a lot of other FPS Games out there. and the best thing about this game is that it's free. Valve keeps the game really up to date to. This is probably one of the most addicting games i've ever played. i just couldn't stop playing...
  35. Jan 9, 2013
    This game is amazing. I can't believe this game is so great, and it's only multiplayer. And the best part is that it's FREE! Sure, there are some people who buy the more advanced weapons, but cool thing is that you can earn the weapons. Unlike TDP4. This game is amazing.
  36. Nov 20, 2012
    Greatest game of all time. You can spend up to 10,000 hours and still be addictive.
  37. Dec 22, 2012
    I don't normally give games 10's. It's not something I do casually. But after considering the fact that I can't think of a single significant thing I would change about TF2, and noticing that I've spent over 800 hours on it with no sign of stopping I really can't give it anything else.

It's really fun to play casually, I relax with TF2 when I'm stressed. It's fun to play more seriously because it's surprisingly deep. The classes are well balanced and distinct from each other. The graphical style is fantastic. It's not just pretty it's well designed from a utility perspective. For example every class has a unique sillouete that's instantly recognizable. This makes understanding what's going on in frantic firefights, and they're always frantic, very easy. Every facet of the game has that kind of polish and thought put into it.

Unlike some online games *cough* L4D2 *cough* the community is mostly friendly and tolerant. It's rare to see players kicked for no good reason and people aren't prone to rage every time something goes wrong. If the teams are seriously unbalanced more often then not the team with the advantage will vote in favor of a team scramble to even things out. I realize that isn't part of the literal game but I think it's important to mention about a title that's completely multiplayer based. TF2 is made more fun to play by the fact that the average TF2 player is not a total jerk.
  38. Jan 9, 2013
    This game can provide you mindless fun, or a very deep gameplay depending on what do you want. I've spent about 1000 hours on this game and it still feels fresh. Some users can be very annoying though, but this game it's one of my all-time favourites. The classes are balanced, and teamwork is essential. A game that you must play, overall, because it's completely free.
  39. Jan 10, 2013
    The cartoony graphics, characters and weapons make for a fun FPS experience. Something is always going on in TF2 and moments of boredom are rare. The player can choose to dress the 9 classes up with different (purely cosmetic) hats and misc. items and if he feels like giving his team a high-five, he can. A wide variety of weapons is always a good thing. The classes and weapons are veryThe cartoony graphics, characters and weapons make for a fun FPS experience. Something is always going on in TF2 and moments of boredom are rare. The player can choose to dress the 9 classes up with different (purely cosmetic) hats and misc. items and if he feels like giving his team a high-five, he can. A wide variety of weapons is always a good thing. The classes and weapons are very balanced which is quite impressive considering the amount of available weapons and he 9 vastly different classes. Kills are not that important, instead the game tries to guide you to help your team and what is remarkable is that in TF you can have a good life without killing a single person. You can't be MVP without being credit to team. Overall a great game. Expand
  40. Jan 14, 2013
    This game is the best. i thought that TF2 was going to be just like TFC(team fortress classic). i was not disappointed when i saw that tf2 was way better than tfc. this is an awesome game. get it. 10 10 10 10 10
  41. Jan 13, 2013
    Team Fortress 2 has to be the most fun you will ever have. Nine characters - the scout, the soldier, the pyro, the demoman, the engineer, the heavy, the medic, the sniper, and my favorite, the spy. Anyone who does not have this game needs to get it right away, it's free. It's the best game I've ever played on steam, get it, play it, love it.
  42. Jan 19, 2013
    Sheer Fun! Its actually an FPS I actually like. Mastering classes is the best part. It'll never gets old. Loads of updates and unloackables are spectacle! Totally never gets boring. LOADS AND LOADS of maps! Good humor and even though its graphics engine isnt any ''new'' its good enough since the art style is awesome. The only, ONLY thing wrong is the people you play with. Most of them areSheer Fun! Its actually an FPS I actually like. Mastering classes is the best part. It'll never gets old. Loads of updates and unloackables are spectacle! Totally never gets boring. LOADS AND LOADS of maps! Good humor and even though its graphics engine isnt any ''new'' its good enough since the art style is awesome. The only, ONLY thing wrong is the people you play with. Most of them are morons who swear and ask for free items. The Trade is easy and helpful and the far too many technuiqes to use. Expand
  43. Feb 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Team Fortress 2 is a great game that kept me playing for months. Honestly, i think that this game is among the best of the FPS genre. The classes are very well balanced, but medic can be overpowered at times. The trading system in this game is very unique, and i found myself bargaining for hats several hours past bedtime.
    Team Fortress 2 caters for both newbies and FPS veterans, in the sense that although TF2 is generally a casual game, it has a great competitive scene and a very high skill ceiling.
    The major flaw i found while playing this game was the lack of "progression". Although there are achievements, the game generally does not reward you for having spectacular aim, or getting 50 headshots in a row. Sometimes, i really feel ripped off when i get nothing when i completely own the opposing team, except some points on the scoreboard. Another flaw in the game is how the scoreboard works. The scoreboard should reset on every new game, because the current scores really only measure how long you've been on the server.
    Overall, TF2 is a great game that is certainly worth your time. It's definitely superior to Call of Duty, and many other FPS's out there
  44. Mar 26, 2013
    Id give this game an 8, but free to play games always get +2 from me. so 10

And don't expect your call of doody skills to transfer over, very unique gameplay with a plethora of unusual weapons
    Rocket launchers
    Flame throwers
    Grenade launchers
    miniguns
    Sentries

and not a single AK47 in sight.
  45. Mar 14, 2013
    This game is perfect. Variety of game modes, not pay-to-win, excellent graphics, 9 classes, and hats. Every class and game mode offers unique experience. Content still is added to game through free updates by Valve.
  46. May 8, 2013
    Really fun and amusing, lasts absolutely ages. Slightly addictive and very enjoyable to play. There are occasionally hackers or just annoying children but you look over that and carry on. First shooting game I played (properly) and really enjoyed. Completely worth it.
  47. Apr 9, 2013
    The most uniquely addicting game ever. In the 2 years that I've had this game, there is not one point in time where I have gotten bored. Excellent job by Valve.
  48. May 13, 2013
    Hours and hours of fun. It takes your normal firs-person shooter and re-imagines the whole thing in a creative, original way. With Valve's very un-laggy Source engine, it runs well even on notebooks. Recommend it to anyone who is unsure.
  49. Apr 4, 2013
    After over 2400 hours of playing TF2 it is still fun, with Valve releasing updates regularly it is THE FINEST! multiplayer shooter for PC ever; one caveat is the difficulty curve is rather steep as there are people (like me) who have been playing for quite some time, but once you get past that it is oodles of fun.
  50. May 4, 2013
    This game is a cool, slick, balanced FPS. Really, really fun, and what's more, IT'S 100% FREE(mium)! It only has one problem, the trading. It seems ok that i would want to trade perhaps, my strange shortstop, for a strange Minigun or something, right? Well, due to the creation of websites such as TF2 spreadsheet, the trading community now evolves around 'prices'. This is ridiculous. EitherThis game is a cool, slick, balanced FPS. Really, really fun, and what's more, IT'S 100% FREE(mium)! It only has one problem, the trading. It seems ok that i would want to trade perhaps, my strange shortstop, for a strange Minigun or something, right? Well, due to the creation of websites such as TF2 spreadsheet, the trading community now evolves around 'prices'. This is ridiculous. Either way, that's just the trading and has nothing to do with the game. In short, this is a five-star title, for free. Expand
  51. Apr 13, 2013
    10 es el puntaje que le doy al TF2, extremadamente bueno y adictivo, un muy buen sistema de juego en el que se divide en 9 clases con distintas habilidades, nunca te vas a aburrir de esta pieza maestra multiplayer, actualizado desde el 20007 (y sigue y sigue actualizándose) con una gran tonelada de contenido. Y encima ahora es Free To Play. Lo que mas me gusta es que las armas nuevas10 es el puntaje que le doy al TF2, extremadamente bueno y adictivo, un muy buen sistema de juego en el que se divide en 9 clases con distintas habilidades, nunca te vas a aburrir de esta pieza maestra multiplayer, actualizado desde el 20007 (y sigue y sigue actualizándose) con una gran tonelada de contenido. Y encima ahora es Free To Play. Lo que mas me gusta es que las armas nuevas tienen siempre una cosa buena y una mala, así ninguna arma es mas buena si o si que otra arma. La verdad es que gaste y sigo gastando y seguiré gastando muchas horas en este juego. MUY recomendable! Expand
  52. Jul 30, 2013
    One of the best Games of all time for sure. A very fun and unique shooter with cool mechanics and great teamplay. People who call this game or boring dont know much about shooters to be honest. Each class is a really funny, cool and interesting character with an unique and awesome personality. Youre not running around with an AK47 or M16, but with Syringe Guns and Sticky Bombs, its quiteOne of the best Games of all time for sure. A very fun and unique shooter with cool mechanics and great teamplay. People who call this game or boring dont know much about shooters to be honest. Each class is a really funny, cool and interesting character with an unique and awesome personality. Youre not running around with an AK47 or M16, but with Syringe Guns and Sticky Bombs, its quite hilarious.

Sure, the game changed but its core is still the same. I played TF2 the very first time in 2008 and its basically still the same. Its not about Hats are whatever, its still about working as a team in order to beat the other one.

Whats wrong with the Hat-hating anyway? Youre not forced to buy anything and besides that its a fair system with mostly cosmetic items for sale. Weapons drop and are pretty much accessible for anyone.

Other than that, TF2 has an amazing fanbase and community. I also love all the fun gamemodes like Baloon Race, Prop Hunt or VS Saxton Hale. There is so much to see, this game usually never gets boring. When i look back, i had such a great time in this game until now.
  53. Apr 14, 2013
    Wow, just wow! Valve has done it again! Where to start, good maps, great classes, classic game modes, (I like the no team death match, makes there more strategy) mind blowing weapons, overall, 10 out of 10 (Steam version more of a 15 out of 10!)
  54. Apr 18, 2013
    Team fortress two is a great game, balanced classes, simple but nice-looking textures, but overall tf2 is now free! (to play anyway) Although they do have lots of cosmetics that cost a lot its free to play so its just like any other free to play out there!
  55. Apr 20, 2013
    Review Team Fortress 2. An awesome team-based First Person Shooter with an interesting art style which is uniuqe to other games. TF2 has 9 balanced classes with many different weapons and gameplay. Each class has their job to do to contribute to their team to reach their objective. Which could be capturing the point or capturing the enemy's intel. Each class has their own way to helpingReview Team Fortress 2. An awesome team-based First Person Shooter with an interesting art style which is uniuqe to other games. TF2 has 9 balanced classes with many different weapons and gameplay. Each class has their job to do to contribute to their team to reach their objective. Which could be capturing the point or capturing the enemy's intel. Each class has their own way to helping their team may it be building defenses or keeping team mates alive or disrupting the enemy team. They all have thier advantages and disadvantages, no class is overpowerd or even considered "god like". The 9 classes all have different personalities, looks and nationalities. Other games you'll just play as a souless generic soldier, mercenary that just say "Capture the point!" or "Ugh". Where as TF2 you'll play as CHARACTERS with different personalties. The scout may say "BONK!" or the heavy may say "Entire team is babies!". Also Recieves updates weekly with mini updates and then huge updates which occur around in 4 months. TF2 has a large and friendly community, adding mods, items, maps, etc.
    Hats
    well I don't see in anyway that adding hats has made the game worse. Though it may be added to make Valve have cash so what? Other companies such as EA and Activision do differenet maybe similar marketing strategies. MMOs such as Maplestory and others make money via cosmetics. Besides you DON'T have to pay at all. No one forces you to pay for a hat. Valve may persuade you as Premium as you get more backpack slots. BUT Valve still does not force you to! It's not as if Valve will delete your account if you don't pay under 1 week if you're a free-to-pay. It's your choice and my choice whether you or I want to add money for hats. You and I could play Team Fortress 2 completely free paying $0.00 forever. But I decided to pay since I just felt like paying Valve for such a great game. You could think that each transaction for a hat is instead of paying Valve for a virtual hat instead for giving valve free money for a great game and getting a thank you in a shape of a cosmetic item.
    Now about Team Fortress going free-to-pay
    I don't see what's wrong with it, I mean isn't stuff thats free usually good? It might of brought alot of new players but whats wrong with that? Whats wrong with playing unexperienced players that want to try something new? Everyone used to be bad at a certain game and the only way to get good is to keep on playing. I mean the Team Fortress 2 community is still strong and healthy for 6 years! Thanks to the free-to-play update the community is bigger than ever! What if there was free-to-play. There wouldn't be as much players as there are if it wasn't f2p and TF2 would of slowly died. TF2's community is built up of 5-12 year olds after the f2p update? That ain't true and if it was so what? Sure they may be annoying but eh deal with it. Call of Duty and Battlefield also has the same problem. Players are bad? Everyone starts off bad. I myself started off free-to-play and was bad. Now that I have played the game for some time, I wouldn't consider myself bad or horrible, just in the higher middle (6/10). Everyone just gets better by playing the game and it can't hurt to have more players.
    Now about the "Unbalanced Weapons and Classes"
    Let's see. That laser weapon people keep complaining? The Cow-Mangler 5000? It's a pretty underwhelming weapon now that it's received it's nerf sometime ago. Even so in it's un-nerfed state you're not a god at all. Sure you may be able to kill a couple people but there is always a way to be killed. Such as a Pyro reflecting the projectiles, Heavy Medic couple, Team Work? TF2 certainly is not pay to win as anyone can craft the weapon or find it. The new weapons may seem overpowerd but there is always a way to beat it and if it's really ridiculous it'll prob receive a nerf pretty soon. Laser weapons not following the 60's art style? Yeah it is it's what you call retro futuristic, look it up. No class is overpowerd.. It may seem so at times but thats just the player being really good as they may be playing competitive. Spy is overpowered? He could insta-kill you and you're team mates but thats up to your team. The point of the game is to work together as a team and if you do the spy probably could die before he could go on killing spree. The unlockables sometimes are, somtimes aren't direct updates to the defaults. Sometimes the best weapons are the defaults.There may be some weapons better than the default or others but still theres always a way to beat the person wielding the "god gun."
    I am going on a HUGE rant but that is all I see people giving such a great game a low score. People may say this game is repetitive but I find Call of Duty and others far more reptitive. Call of Duty, Battlefield, Halo are all great FPS in their own way but I always find my way back to playing TF2. In the end TF2 is my favourite FPS out of many others since it is creative, unique and overall FUN.
  56. May 23, 2013
    If you have a PC and you play games on it, why is this not somewhere in your hard drive?

It's a great game that was worth the price tag back when it actually had one, so now that it is completely free there are no excuses to not give this game a go. Sure there are still aspects of the game that cost money, buying new weapons ,or more importantly Hats, but if you decide to not put a penny into this game you won't feel underpowered, almost all weapons and hats can be unlocked or crafted and even then they all have there pros and cons in order to balance them out with the default starter kit, completely avoiding becoming a "Pay to win" game as many Free to Plays are nowadays.

Don't go into this game thinking you're going to do well first go, you will only find yourself getting annoyed and wind up hating this game. Sometimes it's just down to luck if you join a server filled with Pro players with weeks of game time logged or you get stuck playing against a bunch of noobs. The healthy middle ground of auto balancing should keep your games competitive and interesting.

What makes this game different to any other FPS game out there you ask? Well this one actually requires teamwork to win. No, I don't mean everyone on your team has to be in Skype together plotting tactics and manoeuvres, I simply mean that if all of your team decide to play as scouts, then your defences are going to be very lacking, alternatively if you all role Engineer then offence is going to be hellish. The class system keeps games interesting in that you don't know what will come round that corner next; A scout with his little shotgun, or an Ubercharged heavy with his Minigun blazing.

Serious gamer or mess around with friends this game gives you everything you'd want from an FPS game, and don't forget... it's free.
  57. Apr 25, 2013
    This game is one of the very few games I have played that do an amazing job in actually succeed in making the entire game play based on teamwork. The game focuses much on team work, which might take some time for people to get used to, but it should come to you after a few matches. The game is regularly updated, so it will never get too old. Also the game has hats (Yay!) which are purelyThis game is one of the very few games I have played that do an amazing job in actually succeed in making the entire game play based on teamwork. The game focuses much on team work, which might take some time for people to get used to, but it should come to you after a few matches. The game is regularly updated, so it will never get too old. Also the game has hats (Yay!) which are purely cosmetic which just makes your character look cooler. The weapons are very good, matching different people's play style. Overall, the game is a very well made team based FPS with a different feel from COD. Expand
  58. Apr 26, 2013
    Team Fortress 2​ is a first-person shooter developed by Valve under the Source Engine. Originally planned for realism, over the years it turned to a more cartoon-style look, creating the now well-known characters of the Heavy and Spy. Currently holding a 92 from critics on Metascore after its 2007 release, ensuing years in Beta, TF2​ has become one of the most recognizable games by Valve.Team Fortress 2​ is a first-person shooter developed by Valve under the Source Engine. Originally planned for realism, over the years it turned to a more cartoon-style look, creating the now well-known characters of the Heavy and Spy. Currently holding a 92 from critics on Metascore after its 2007 release, ensuing years in Beta, TF2​ has become one of the most recognizable games by Valve. However, does it deserve its rating and popularity? Is it another Skyrim (hate it)? Or is it a The Walking Dead (love it)​? Well, let's look at the Pros and Cons.

PROS: Fun gameplay, memorable characters, funny lines of dialogue, multiple fun gamemodes, and the creation of multiple internet memes.

CONS: Gameplay can get boring after much play (as with any shooter), the F2Ps are usually bad players and generally hated for it, hat simulation, griefing, and, as always, annoying kids with microphones.

So, is it worth it? Most definitely. Although it has some problems, it is, overall, one of the best first-person shooters on the market. Plus, currently (and likely forever), the game is Free-2-Play on Steam. I highly suggest it.
    FINAL SCORE: 10 Amazing.
  59. Apr 26, 2013
    Whether you are looking for a hardcore, team based game, or just a casual way to blow off steam, TF2 is a game to try. For the pro-gamer, its community-run leagues are great for anyone wanting to play. And for the casual gamer, its almost impossible to get angry with this game. If you're having problems, switch classes, switch game modes, there are plenty of things to do to keep the funWhether you are looking for a hardcore, team based game, or just a casual way to blow off steam, TF2 is a game to try. For the pro-gamer, its community-run leagues are great for anyone wanting to play. And for the casual gamer, its almost impossible to get angry with this game. If you're having problems, switch classes, switch game modes, there are plenty of things to do to keep the fun going. The best part is, all of the game-play is available for the relatively low cost of a half-day download. And If you so desire, a simple dollar will allow you to trade items in the community metal-based economy. Do you feel like wearing a pink hat with bunny ears while tearing through your foes with your mini-gun? Go right ahead. Overall, Team Fortress 2 stands out among other shooters with its extreme versatility and unique versatility. Its a game to try no matter where your interests lay. Expand
  60. May 1, 2013
    The fun thing about Team Fortress 2 is that it's laid back. Team Fortress isn't focused on graphics, dlc, amount of kills, etc. like other modern shooters. TF2 simply is meant to be goofy and to have a good time with. There a huge assortment of weapons which mostly can be unlocked without in game purchaces (which are not pushed unlike other shooters) and are very well balanced. Team workThe fun thing about Team Fortress 2 is that it's laid back. Team Fortress isn't focused on graphics, dlc, amount of kills, etc. like other modern shooters. TF2 simply is meant to be goofy and to have a good time with. There a huge assortment of weapons which mostly can be unlocked without in game purchaces (which are not pushed unlike other shooters) and are very well balanced. Team work also is encouraged and you must co-operate to win a game. Thankfully the community is friendly so you will get along. The graphics have this great pixar look, making gameplay zany and hectic. This may not be a high-budget shooter like call of duty, but I found I had more fun in this game than any other shooter without paying a single cent. Expand
  61. May 6, 2013
    There are three types of FPS on the market right now: The fast-paced old-school Tribes/Quake-style FPSs, the Call of Duty-style (run around, kill people, don't get killed) medium-paced games and the middle ground between those two types. Team Fortress 2 falls right in that category. It's not as fast as Quake Arena but it's not as slow as Call of Duty. TF2 is a unique class based and teamThere are three types of FPS on the market right now: The fast-paced old-school Tribes/Quake-style FPSs, the Call of Duty-style (run around, kill people, don't get killed) medium-paced games and the middle ground between those two types. Team Fortress 2 falls right in that category. It's not as fast as Quake Arena but it's not as slow as Call of Duty. TF2 is a unique class based and team focused game that makes these ideas work better than in any other game with these same characteristics. Unlike other class based games (Brink, Battlefield...), the classes in TF2 are all very dependent on each other and are all important for the success of the team. They are also very different from each other while in other games they all look and play the same. Different classes also require different sets of skills, so, you need to know the advantages, disadvantages, and abilities that all the classes have if you want be able to play with all of them. TF2 has an average number of modes and a nice amount of maps, but, in the end, it's all about the items. TF2 is known has being all about hats. The game really has lots of hats, but it also has a nice number of weapons, items that give you buffs and other stuff you can equip your character with. After this game went free to play, you would expect a cash shop to show up or something, but instead, Valve implemented a random drop system that gives random items to players on a regular basis while they are playing. Free players don't have access to all the items but they can get all of the main items (which is really all you need). And then there is this...By the time you get tired of getting the same items over and over again, you can trade them for other items at certain websites, you can craft them into other items or you can consider the fact that this game is so popular that most items you get in the game are worth real money so you can trade them for other games or even sell them at the Steam Marketplace (yes, you can make money by simply playing a free game). With that said, the gameplay is smooth and enjoyable (as usual in source games) and the graphics are very nice looking and are doing a good job of aging slowly (as usual in source games). This is the best you can get on the Free 2 Play market, so, it gets a 9 out of 10 because there is no such thing as a 10 out of 10. Expand
  62. May 8, 2013
    Incredibly addicting and fun game. Controls are player-friendly, graphics are like Looney Tunes-ish, weapons are funny and cool, and best of all, there is a Workshop where you can post your hats and weapons and maybe, if get lucky, the item will be in game! I recommend this game to anyone!
  63. May 15, 2013
    I have no issues with this game, but the players and the actual experience can definitely ruin it for some people.
    1. the 3-year-old children that run around on a computer that's twice as old as they are spamming, asking for items, and overall annoying everyone. TF2 really could use a latency limit, when someone has a ping of 460, and everyone is lagging, they should get auto-kicked.
    2. The game is so easy to modify with 3-rd party code that everyone and their mother has a aim-bot, VAC needs to up their game.
    3. The scammers give all of us players a bad name.

overall, the game is great (10/10 would fast again) but the online play that comes with it taints the experience.
  64. May 19, 2013
    Probably the best Valve game (IMO), TF2 is a nice FPS game. Valve always has good updates for this game. Especially the Mann vs Machine one. Probably one of the best updates to any game that I played. MvM is a nice game mode. I haven't really gotten into it but I guess the hats in this game are insane since everyone is making a big deal out of it. I just love those graphics. It has theProbably the best Valve game (IMO), TF2 is a nice FPS game. Valve always has good updates for this game. Especially the Mann vs Machine one. Probably one of the best updates to any game that I played. MvM is a nice game mode. I haven't really gotten into it but I guess the hats in this game are insane since everyone is making a big deal out of it. I just love those graphics. It has the cartoon like graphics that I like. This game is just fun. Expand
  65. May 21, 2013
    Good fun. Personally never been a fan of the FPS genre, but this game definitely got me into it. Interesting classes and fun game modes, but can get a bit boring if you play on the same server all the time. If you are thinking about getting it then I recommend that you do as it is free and great fun for a while!
  66. May 29, 2013
    This game is something very unique to the gaming experience. It's a FPS game, but it doesn't take itself to seriously. This works for the most part, but it falls down at a few points. These points include: stupidly unrealistic damage, a couple of OP weapons and lack of a decent singleplayer.
  67. Jul 17, 2013
    For me this game is one of the best online FPS games of all time, it's certainly the most fun of them all. This is game developed by Valve and it amazingly well crafted and the classes complement each other. but I felt that some classes were over powered some examples are the sniper and the scout but if you play with your friends and each one as his own task I assure you will have a greatFor me this game is one of the best online FPS games of all time, it's certainly the most fun of them all. This is game developed by Valve and it amazingly well crafted and the classes complement each other. but I felt that some classes were over powered some examples are the sniper and the scout but if you play with your friends and each one as his own task I assure you will have a great time. I've been playing this game for a long time and the constants updates kept me playing. Although the game feels a bit unnatural at times I believe it is a normal feeling because of the graphic style it is very unique and it is one of it's great features. The crafting, the collectible hat and many variety of guns make the game feel more vast the many maps and game mods are a nice feature too.
    In conclusion play this game after all it's free
  68. Sep 13, 2013
    This game is just plain awesomeness. While some people will complain that the game is now a big economy, there is actually nothing that makes you have to trade. It's just a way to get items that would be hard to get otherwise. It's actually even a good point.
    TF2 is really fun, and lots of people already spent hundreds and thousands of hours on it. There is a reason. It just put the basis of class-based FPS games and never went down. It keeps evolving, without forgetting its basis. Even if a lot of content is added, it's only cosmetics, new maps or new weapons that offer new ways to play a class. It's all about keeping the game strong.
    And not only is the official content more than enough, there is plenty of fun mods that will entertain you when you get a bit bored of the game. Only to let you come back to the normal game again.
    There is nothing not to like about TF2.
  69. Jun 24, 2013
    Team Fortress 2 is a good but not as great game as the other Valve masterpieces. The gameplay can be awesome and awful at the same time. No matter how you want to play tactical... There is always a guy in your team who just runs around and kills everybody... So if you never played it you should give it a try since it is F2p but... I think CS or L4D is much better.
  70. Jun 25, 2013
    This game is really funny, addictive and awesome! I played this game for 167 hours or something and i can still play it (if i feel like it). The classes are really awesome too!
  71. Jul 29, 2013
    Considering the quality of this game and fact that its FREE team fortress 2 easily deserves a 10/10. Team fortress 2 is just FUN its easily accessible for new players and your rewarded with new equipment for putting time in. The new co-op maps are great fun and the community in general are much friendly than what you'll find on other games.
  72. Aug 11, 2013
    the best free to play game it has great game play, it is always fixing up bugs and has a fairly balanced play style, guess it has an average community but no-one can blame valve for that,
  73. Aug 22, 2013
    Good game I will enjoy playing every once in a while. This game is free, there is no reason you shouldn't get it. It's a very balanced game, because anyone can choose any class they want and just have fun with whatever they get.
  74. Jul 31, 2013
    A perfect team fps game. It's not just spawn, aim and shoot. You have to think, a lot. Tempo is rather slower compared to other fps games, but quality strategic gameplay is guaranteed. The game is also imbued with many small details ("meet the" videos, graphics, music sounds and voices). Man, this game is amazing. It takes some time to understand the underlying mechanics, but when you doA perfect team fps game. It's not just spawn, aim and shoot. You have to think, a lot. Tempo is rather slower compared to other fps games, but quality strategic gameplay is guaranteed. The game is also imbued with many small details ("meet the" videos, graphics, music sounds and voices). Man, this game is amazing. It takes some time to understand the underlying mechanics, but when you do you are going to play it a long long time. Plus the people there and community are fun too Expand
  75. Jul 20, 2013
    Team Fortress 2 is one of the few games to this day that I can still fire up and just jump right into playing having as much fun as the first day I bought it. Cant get enough of this Hat simulator.
  76. Jul 22, 2013
    Team Fortress 2 is a game that you want to get. There are numerous hats, outfits, weapons (guns, fists, flamethrowers, piss, etc.) and even strange weapons will count your kills on the certain weapon and rank up. There are thousands of maps and mods to choose from and the gameplay is just fun, and even 10x more enjoyable with your friends. It could get some fixing with the MAC users, butTeam Fortress 2 is a game that you want to get. There are numerous hats, outfits, weapons (guns, fists, flamethrowers, piss, etc.) and even strange weapons will count your kills on the certain weapon and rank up. There are thousands of maps and mods to choose from and the gameplay is just fun, and even 10x more enjoyable with your friends. It could get some fixing with the MAC users, but overall, it's a must have. Expand
  77. Jul 28, 2013
    A brilliantly fun game that combines complex class mechanics with balanced gameplay for the ultimate FPS experience. It has a large, and growing competitive scene, with multiple tournaments and leagues in America, Europe, Asia and Australia. If you want something fun to play with your friends this is it. Oh, and of course there's the hats. There's ALWAYS the hats.
  78. Jul 28, 2013
    This game isn't that bad, but isn't too good. Team fortress 2 has its ups and downs. The ups of TF2 is that the majority of the community play the game for what it is. Now while on the other hand trading is another thing that people do in this game they waste time in this game looking decent by wasting Money in the game to buy keys, hats and about anything else you can think of. PeopleThis game isn't that bad, but isn't too good. Team fortress 2 has its ups and downs. The ups of TF2 is that the majority of the community play the game for what it is. Now while on the other hand trading is another thing that people do in this game they waste time in this game looking decent by wasting Money in the game to buy keys, hats and about anything else you can think of. People always think that having an unusual makes you better in this game, while that is just some When you get into trading you start wasting your time on unusual servers spending almost your entire day trying to sell your hat. Sometimes it can take up to 3 months just to sell a hat, now people are just ruining the game for what its really about. All people care about these days is hats and misc's and collections of hats and its just a disappointment.

But the only good thing about this game is that people will form a clan or a team and work together to capture the control point and do a bunch of other that you do in this game. I find that awesome it makes this game even better if you work as a team instead of trading while not really playing the game.
  79. Jul 28, 2013
    Team Fortress 2 is perhaps the greatest first person shooter to ever be released! It has nine classes that are well balanced, even with the addition of new weapons, and have different abilities, such as the Spy who can cloak and get behind enemy lines or the Heavy who can clear a room full of enemies with the help of the trusty Medic. Hats have been added to the game to showcase theTeam Fortress 2 is perhaps the greatest first person shooter to ever be released! It has nine classes that are well balanced, even with the addition of new weapons, and have different abilities, such as the Spy who can cloak and get behind enemy lines or the Heavy who can clear a room full of enemies with the help of the trusty Medic. Hats have been added to the game to showcase the players preference in style, today in TF2, it is becoming more difficult to find two players in the same match wearing the same hat and misc items because hundreds of hats and miscs have been added to the game, allowing a wide range of customization. TF2's innovative game mode "Payload" gets my vote for best multiplayer game mode ever! It is a blast to play on any of the official maps (especially Goldrush and Thunder Mountain) and very rarely will get old. There is also CTF, CP, Attack/ defend CP and KOTH to choose from among other modes. This truly IS the most fun you can have on any game! Expand
  80. Aug 26, 2013
    An amazing game, probably one of my top 5 FPS of all time. This game is content packed, as Valve keeps updating this game (which is awesome), lots of maps, items, and hats to find. I very well enjoy this game, and since it is F2P i recommend anybody to go get this game now!
  81. Jul 28, 2013
    This game is fantastic, the perfect balance of all it's classes, and all the goofy characters, the fact that game is 5+ years old, and Valve is still working on it is amazing. I highly recommend it.
  82. Jul 29, 2013
    This game is insanely fun. Easily one of the best online FPS out there. It's been out for a couple of years and I would still rather play it than most of the current gen shooters.
  83. Jul 31, 2013
    This game I rember Team Fortress 1 and WOW this game is.. where do I start the gameplay is balanced and classes have their weak points and strength points balanced easily and well. The game is FREE to play. It has at least 500 hours of gameplay. It has slick smart graphics that birthed the art design of dishounred and other games. Its replay value is awesome as you will be going on for 20This game I rember Team Fortress 1 and WOW this game is.. where do I start the gameplay is balanced and classes have their weak points and strength points balanced easily and well. The game is FREE to play. It has at least 500 hours of gameplay. It has slick smart graphics that birthed the art design of dishounred and other games. Its replay value is awesome as you will be going on for 20 hours every day getting hats costumes and weapons. There are about 200 hats to buy and 100 costumes to buy and about 150 weapons to buy(also you can craft and you can unlock them insted of buying) but there are secret weapons ,costumes and hats and once you feel you have got them all which you probley have not there are strange very strange glendary and much more versions of an item at first this may seem stupid but since these are very rare this encourges trade another imploment to this game or you could just show off With quite literally 1000's of servers you'll wont be bored. There are unique gamemodes like capture the flag king of the hill and payload or the normal attack/defence. Payload is a fun gamemode where one team is trying to push the cart while others are trying to stop you and there is a payload race where both teams race to the end.TF2 consits of 9 classes 1. The Scout has low heath but is very fast and offencive and has a shotgun pistol and baseball bat 2. The soldier is slow but has a rocket launcher and can rocket jump he has a lot of heath and a shotgun and shovel 3. My favourite the Pyro this nifity guy has a good amount of health (just under the soldier) but is not slow yet not fast he has a flamethrower to check for spies when they are cloacked a comprossion blast to throw foes back and a fire axe Quickly so I just mention every charcter and class is voiced over and has there own jokes and tricks and taunts. 4. The Demoman is a heavy scottish drinker and has a grenade launcher a sticky grenade launcher bascially how this works is that this type of grenade sticks on to everything when you right click it blows up he also has a bottle of whisky 5. The Heavy he has a large Minigun a shot gun and boxing gloves he is very slow and has the most health in the game. 6. The engineer can make sentry and upgrade them he also can make dispencers that give health and upgrade that and he can upgrade and place teleporters he has a shotgun a pistol and a wrench 7.The Medic has a needle gun and can heal people by using the healing gun he also has a saw .8.The sniper has a very small amount amount of health but has a very powerful sniper rifle when he gets a headshot he kills instantley he also has an SMG and a machete 9. The spy can cloak and go invisble and when he back stabs he kills instantley he also has a revolver and he can look like to the other team like hes one of them but then he brings out the sapper a device that breaks any thing the engineer builds TF2 (Team Fortress 2 is the ultimate game and does nothing wrong every game should espically fps games) should want to be like TF2 Expand
  84. Aug 2, 2013
    Are you dangerous like heavy, or coward like scout? Whatever your style tf2 is for you; plus it's free so why not? The decoration free weapon drops and all these features keeps you going on. Plus a Zombie like Mann vs. Machine mode!
  85. Aug 5, 2013
    Very Good game with a nice game play. What makes this game unique..its his large community, his great trade system, his unique weapons and his unique characters. This game is unique. Only disappointing thing is the hat simulator. At the beginning, this game was a great and unique warfare game and now hats and all his friends are taking over the real purpose of this game........war. I likeVery Good game with a nice game play. What makes this game unique..its his large community, his great trade system, his unique weapons and his unique characters. This game is unique. Only disappointing thing is the hat simulator. At the beginning, this game was a great and unique warfare game and now hats and all his friends are taking over the real purpose of this game........war. I like the fact..that there's different hats for each class but now there's too much hats. People want more and more hats. They're forgetting the real thing in this game... but its still a good game. Expand
  86. Aug 9, 2013
    It sure is a great game, the best free game available on the PC. However, the optimization is poor and you need a good PC. Also, I do not like the idea of promo's and an in-game economy, and if you even spend just 10 euros on this game, you will spend more on it later. It just pulls you in and never lets you out, unless you are strong enough.
  87. Aug 14, 2013
    Although I feel the game has deteriorated a bit from when I originally played it, I feel as though this sets the bar for first person shooters. It deviates from most cliche titles that constantly rinse and repeat the standard FPS formula. In order to like the game, you have to be good at it, which is why I feel like a lot less people are enjoying the game, due to their inexperience. IAlthough I feel the game has deteriorated a bit from when I originally played it, I feel as though this sets the bar for first person shooters. It deviates from most cliche titles that constantly rinse and repeat the standard FPS formula. In order to like the game, you have to be good at it, which is why I feel like a lot less people are enjoying the game, due to their inexperience. I recommend new players to try a variety of maps and classes to truly get the best experience. Expand
  88. Aug 18, 2013
    The possibilities, the background story, the mechanics, the variation between classes...It feels like an amazing game. It is amazing. To top that, certain people you play with make the game even better. And despite the hat market and sudden desire to get something on top of your head, it is a truly satisfying experience playing on a server doing something to help your team out of trouble.The possibilities, the background story, the mechanics, the variation between classes...It feels like an amazing game. It is amazing. To top that, certain people you play with make the game even better. And despite the hat market and sudden desire to get something on top of your head, it is a truly satisfying experience playing on a server doing something to help your team out of trouble. I've known this for three years already and I am still going. Expand
  89. Aug 23, 2013
    Okay this is going to be a long one... My Team Fortress 2 Review!
    Final Verdict Is te.. no, i must give this a fair review!
    Okay lets start of with story: Two land hungry brothers want to take over their deceased father's land and what do they do? Do they Normally talk it out like family? Do they give a fair argument? No! One of the hires 9 mercenaries, but the other on stupidly also
    Okay this is going to be a long one... My Team Fortress 2 Review!
    Final Verdict Is te.. no, i must give this a fair review!

No! One of the hires 9 mercenaries, but the other on stupidly also hires 9 mercenaries why didn't he get more?) to have war with each other, which most likely destroy the land but that's out of question. you have to use all 9 mercenaries or classes as they are called to fight and beat the living out of each other.
    Whew that was long but we have a lot more to go as we head into the presentation.
    The game surprisingly goes away from counter strike and cod and has a very cartoonish style of visuals.
    Some people hate these graphics but they are nothing (sorry to all people with that opinion i will give you cake). The game is a FPS With a very cartoony style of visuals, as stated before. And now my final rating is... no not yet because i have to go into Game play!
    Now this is when TF2 is different to other FPS's out on the market. I am a Cod Fan myself but there is one game with more originality and thats Tf2. Same game every year.. humph. Anyway As the steam page says or used to say its a war hat simulation-Valve" Its a very different game to others.
    There are nine classes you can choose from that play different from eachother. The nine classes are:
    Soldier,Pyro,Scout,Heavy,Demoman,Spy,Medic,Engineer and my personal favorite, The Sniper.
    Each one of them plays different from each other as i stated before.
    For example the Scout runs fast and can double jump, The Heavy Has a frickin' huge mini gun at his side and The Engineer has a sentry gun that he can lay down at his disposal. Valve, why are you so creative... that would give it a ten out of ten right there but i digress. One of the biggest things in TF2 is the customization, oh god its HUGE! You have hats, new weapons and even a balloon unicorn that follows you around, thats so cute!
    The loadouts are most likely different to everyone else's choice, but there are the DemoKnight, The Attack Engineer and there is even a jar of your own urine! Icant go on for any longer because i would break my fingers so i should wrap this up.
    Team Fortress 2 is an amazingly creative,fun and just a downright great experience.
    Also have i mentioned the the game is free, yeah you can download it from steam whenever you like.
    But don't get it on Xbox 360 or Ps3, they are quite s**t port i do say myself and they havent been updated since 2007 soo... get it on pc!
    My final rating that you have already seen is..... 10!
    Thankyou for reading my review and i hope, if you haven't play this game. But you would already be playing right? PLAY NOW!
  90. Sep 16, 2013
    while i don't think this is the greatest fps ever like some other people do, it's a good competitive multiplayer game. although my favorite part is the very well done co-op mode. there are varying classes which ensures that there'a a class that almost everyone will like, as well as weapons and crates that you can find.
  91. Sep 15, 2013
    I have played this game since 20-10, I stopped playing it because of Dota. Not saying that I started to get bored because of this game. Actually, this is the only on-line game I have played for 3 years. I love the characters. They have their own skill and style, in the game, my favourite character is spy, this is a very interesting character, in other fps gun games, the knife is not soI have played this game since 20-10, I stopped playing it because of Dota. Not saying that I started to get bored because of this game. Actually, this is the only on-line game I have played for 3 years. I love the characters. They have their own skill and style, in the game, my favourite character is spy, this is a very interesting character, in other fps gun games, the knife is not so important. I don't think you would use the knife when playing cso, ava...but valve create a character that need it, if you told the people you need knife in a gun game 10 years ago, they would send you to the hospital! But team fortress 2 change their views( I was one of them before). And in this game, team work is very important. Also, this game allows players to make their maps and their playing modes, for example zombie mode. Also I like the trailers, valve uses his heart to make this game, not only for earning money, they take care of the players! Many other games forget about it. They didn't care about the players, they just want money, and their result is fail. Team Fortress 2 did a good job on it. Only one small thing I think they should do better, it is that they should create more weapons. Because the numbers of weapon didn't increase a lot, and I hope it will change.
    Maybe valve will make team fortress 3 in the future! I am waiting for that day.
  92. Oct 8, 2013
    Still the most fun you can have online and thats saying a lot, a very fun game and a very friendly community that is still going strong you will meet people in this game you will want to play with again. i have almost 2000 hours in this game and it is still one of my favorite games of all time. PLUS YOU GET UPDATES AND DLCS AND PATCHES EVERY FEW MONTHS THAT ADD MAPS,WEAPONS AND OTHERStill the most fun you can have online and thats saying a lot, a very fun game and a very friendly community that is still going strong you will meet people in this game you will want to play with again. i have almost 2000 hours in this game and it is still one of my favorite games of all time. PLUS YOU GET UPDATES AND DLCS AND PATCHES EVERY FEW MONTHS THAT ADD MAPS,WEAPONS AND OTHER ITEMS FOR FREE! Expand
  93. Oct 31, 2013
    Great game all round, F2P, brilliant gameplay. You should not ignore this game it's better than your average COD. Apart from a few annoying things this game is a brilliant experience.
  94. Sep 25, 2013
    Valve has managed this game very well. Its success is reflected in how long it has stayed alive as a game relying solely on pvp. From a game mod to a great game, Team Fortress 2 doesn't give you repetitive first-person shooter game play, offering you several different modes of objectives, and different classes with different specializations to spice up the game. Valve also constantlyValve has managed this game very well. Its success is reflected in how long it has stayed alive as a game relying solely on pvp. From a game mod to a great game, Team Fortress 2 doesn't give you repetitive first-person shooter game play, offering you several different modes of objectives, and different classes with different specializations to spice up the game. Valve also constantly updates the game, thus ensuring there will be new content, along with player-contributed mods and the like.
    Overall, great game to pick up, considering that its free and really enjoyable even to people like me who are not completely interested in first-person shooters.
  95. Oct 5, 2013
    This game is definitely in my top 10 favorite video games. Sure, the hat collecting is pointless but it gives us a chance to customize our characters into wacky things. The game really wasn't supposed to be serious in the first place, just a fun competition between red and blue.
  96. Oct 15, 2013
    I love this game. It gets a perfect 10 from me. There are a lot of immature 6 and 7 year old kids, but i just ignore them or tell them to shut up, but other than that, the game is a masterpiece.
  97. Oct 18, 2013
    Not once has a game thrilled me with such... genialidad (That's Spanish)! All the classes have their own upsides and downsides, all very fun and creative. Heavy gets boring if you want a challenge since he walks around with a minigun slowly shooting at enemies with 300 HP, but there are some things to do as him like defend medics or defend control points. Mann Co was a great idea,Not once has a game thrilled me with such... genialidad (That's Spanish)! All the classes have their own upsides and downsides, all very fun and creative. Heavy gets boring if you want a challenge since he walks around with a minigun slowly shooting at enemies with 300 HP, but there are some things to do as him like defend medics or defend control points. Mann Co was a great idea, supporting Valve by you paying for items that you'll love. Trading is very helpful, where you can trade weapons for weapons, hats for hats, etc. Also, even though they aren't avoidable, there aren't so many ragekids. So that's good. There is so many step ups from TFC (Which is a great game, and worth the money so I recommend it) like moving sentries, going faster, new weapons and abilities, etc. Fun, joy and challenge awaits in a free fabulous masterpiece! Expand
  98. Mar 15, 2014
    With the map editor, endless items waiting to be approved in the Steam Workshop and the 9 classes for any kind of FPS player, you will play Team Fortress 2 for a long time! And guess what? This games is FREE TO PLAY! So you only need 8GB free on your hard drive and you are good to go! Even if TF2 has micro-transactions, they are not really going to make a difference but if you want to stayWith the map editor, endless items waiting to be approved in the Steam Workshop and the 9 classes for any kind of FPS player, you will play Team Fortress 2 for a long time! And guess what? This games is FREE TO PLAY! So you only need 8GB free on your hard drive and you are good to go! Even if TF2 has micro-transactions, they are not really going to make a difference but if you want to stay unique from other players, you might spend £50 on your items without even realising:) In my opinion, give this game a try because you have nothing to lose! Expand
  99. Dec 4, 2013
    An amazing game for anytime of the day, I'm always playing this. I seriously recommend getting Team Fortress 2, I'ts simply amazing. I literally play this every single day just to be entertained.
  100. Dec 9, 2013
    Team Fortress 2 is the perfect blend of seriousness and silliness, from hats that have planets spinning around them to flip flops this game has it all. I highly recommend this game to anyone interested.

The marriage of highly stylised retro-spy presentation, fresh, high octane action, deep and varied classes and the underlying twinkle of humour in its metaphorical eye make Team Fortress 2 far more than just your average fragfest. Long after the novelty of the graphics wears thin, we are left with a refined and accessible multiplayer game that simultaneously cultivates new players whilst retaining enough depth to accommodate even the hardiest of veterans.
  2. The game also does a lovely job of framing your relationship with other players and nurturing them.
  3. It's one hell of a game. With its powerful artistic style and blazingly quick, yet accessible gameplay, it's enough to melt the icy cynicism imprisoning the hearts of even the most jaded among us. That being said, it's not the most complex shooter out there.