9.2

1. MarkS.
    Oct 23, 2007
    I played it once and it was OK. Went back again and had some fun. The more I played the most fun it became.... now I cannot stay away. To say it grow on you is a tremendous understatement.
  2. GaëlR.
    Oct 25, 2007
    Very very nice game ! Graphic quality is pretty good; Gameplay is amazing and I really enjoy to play a rôle playing FPS !! Not yet a TF2 player ? Just buy and try !
  3. MattM.
    Oct 26, 2007
    Superbly balanced gameplay. Great stylistic visuals. Frenetic, deeply strategic and so addicting!
  4. AnonymousMC
    Jan 1, 2008
    Amazing game design and balance. This is the most fun I've had in a shooter for years. Getting rid of grenades was a god-send. I would have given TF2 a 10 if they had a few more maps. In any case Buy it and Play it before TF3 comes out...
  5. AnonymousMC
    Jan 2, 2008
    one of the most enjoyable online shooters by far-
    The action is too fast paced for anyone to act like a moron and ruin it for everyone. Each character has his own strengh/weaknesses and take a small learning curve.
    one of the most enjoyable online shooters by far-
    but once you find your favorite 2 or 3 types of character to use- youll come back for team fortress two action when your looking for a quick semi strategic adrenaline rush. runs smooth and is very balanced- two thumbs up.
  6. IngmarsM.
    Oct 24, 2008
    Game is very well balanced and graphics look nice. even through game is not matching it Minimal system requirements and it laggs heavy in middle of battle its good. Thank you Valve! I have played only pirated version of this but I'm gonna buy it! its worth it.
  7. AnonymousMC
    Jan 30, 2008
    I like the game so much because it's great, the updates the game gets regularly are great, and the major update pack it's going to get will just be awesome. The "Meet the..." series are also fantastic.
    I wish good luck to Valve with their new game, and hope they'll keep up the good work. Thanks, bye!
  8. Craig
    Feb 16, 2008
    The best class based FPS to date. TF2 is going to set the benchmark for all future FPS games in terms of originality, style, replayability, fun. its a great game as it is also simple.
  9. SteveeC.
    Feb 18, 2008
    That's greatest thats I has seen in multiplayer gaming!
  10. Joel
    Feb 20, 2008
    I've not seen a better fast-action multiplayer fps in a long while!
  11. AnonymousMC
    Mar 23, 2008
    Although it's probably the best Arena FPS there is, I feel TF2 has something missing from it. After an hour or two of playing it begins to feel awfully hollow. Had it included more environment destructibility and quite a few more maps, TF2 would be a must have for any serious FPS player.
  12. AnonymousMC
    Mar 23, 2008
    Extremely newb-friendly. Gets linearly deeper with every hour played, as you gain your skill. The variety in gameplay (classes, tactics, map knowledge, human factor) always keeps things interesting. And OH!... the graphics are absolutely amazing!
    Perfect online-shooter, thank you VALVE!!! Words just aren't enough to describe how incredible this game is.
  13. AnonymousMC
    Mar 30, 2008
    The most fun I've ever had (and have) playing an FPS. Classes are balanced but still require skills to play. (My favorite is pyro by far, I love ambushing.) The graphics are cartoony, but the animation and detail are quite amazing. Maps are best played with a lot of people (at least 8 on both teams). Every class contributes to the team one way or another. Overall this game is very funThe most fun I've ever had (and have) playing an FPS. Classes are balanced but still require skills to play. (My favorite is pyro by far, I love ambushing.) The graphics are cartoony, but the animation and detail are quite amazing. Maps are best played with a lot of people (at least 8 on both teams). Every class contributes to the team one way or another. Overall this game is very fun to play and just an awesome experience, completely worth it to buy. Expand
  14. AnonymousMC
    Apr 1, 2008
    This game was the very first online game I had purchased. And it has tempted me to play other online games. The swift yet extreme action is flawless, the comedy is a lift up to this already-intruiging title, the graphics are overall the best ever of an online game, and the cartoon-style models take me back to other awesome fps titles like TimeSplitters 2. I only gave this game a 9 becauseThis game was the very first online game I had purchased. And it has tempted me to play other online games. The swift yet extreme action is flawless, the comedy is a lift up to this already-intruiging title, the graphics are overall the best ever of an online game, and the cartoon-style models take me back to other awesome fps titles like TimeSplitters 2. I only gave this game a 9 because i prefer to have more maps, unlike to the bigger maps as the staff of Valve said in the Develloper Commentar.Also, to D S, the 'white screen and dies' part is complete rubbish. Maybe, it's just your crappy system, and unless you're sure that this happens to most people, I don't think anyone would agree with your comment. Expand
  15. AnonymousMC
    Apr 8, 2008
    A unique FPS with lovable characters and fast paced gameplay. Relatively low learning curve so you can jump in with your friends and start fragging with the best of them, the next day. Don't get me wrong, I think the biggest thing wrong with the gaming industry nowadays is the developer's catering to casual gamers and holding their hands through things, essentially ruiningA unique FPS with lovable characters and fast paced gameplay. Relatively low learning curve so you can jump in with your friends and start fragging with the best of them, the next day. Don't get me wrong, I think the biggest thing wrong with the gaming industry nowadays is the developer's catering to casual gamers and holding their hands through things, essentially ruining franchises and stripping any depth a game could have had. What happened to the old days of just starting off in the middle of it all, without any prior knowledge on what to do or how to play? Anyway, the Orange Box is a must own for any PC gamer, especially since it comes packaged with a great franchise and this game - requiring no monthly fee, you can jump in any time you want for a round or a 3 hour stalemate, doesn't matter, you WILL have fun. I wouldn't recommend this on 360 or PS3, you will only be shooting yourself in the foot. Expand
  16. MartijnV.
    May 10, 2008
    One of the best games I've played so far.
  17. AnonymousMC
    May 1, 2008
    This is the most fun the average FPS guy can have. Seriously, this game kicks ass, and even if there are "easy" classes, you can still learn some advances techniques for them, like rocketjumps or mid-air-kills for the Soldier. And yes, it is balanced, and "if you think there should be grenades, you are the reason why we needed a new game." Additionally, Valve brings some new stuff in, likeThis is the most fun the average FPS guy can have. Seriously, this game kicks ass, and even if there are "easy" classes, you can still learn some advances techniques for them, like rocketjumps or mid-air-kills for the Soldier. And yes, it is balanced, and "if you think there should be grenades, you are the reason why we needed a new game." Additionally, Valve brings some new stuff in, like Goldrush (Payload game style) and achievements and unlock-weapons for all classes. Expand
  18. AntonK.
    May 14, 2008
    This is the best team shooter It was a time without Battlefield, Counter-Strike and other... but was TF Classic.
  19. MartijnV.
    May 14, 2008
    One of the best games I've played so far.
  20. AnonymousMC
    May 2, 2008
    I love Team Fortress 2, as soon as I purchased the Orange Box the day it came out and minutes after I beat HL2:Ep2 I was online with TF2. For those of you who have buggy experiences with Valve games, all I can say is you must have a pretty bad system on your hands. But onto the multiplayer action! TF2 is one of the best multiplayer team-based games to hit store shelves since....the classicI love Team Fortress 2, as soon as I purchased the Orange Box the day it came out and minutes after I beat HL2:Ep2 I was online with TF2. For those of you who have buggy experiences with Valve games, all I can say is you must have a pretty bad system on your hands. But onto the multiplayer action! TF2 is one of the best multiplayer team-based games to hit store shelves since....the classic version! Although in all honesty Vavle should have kept a couple of their older ideas for TF2 but overall it turned out very nicely. Advanced graphics make it a beautiful game - and not to forget the cartoony look it has which makes it different from any other game of similar caliber -, excellent quality in general, the personalities given to each of the classes are humourous, plus it is always action-packed and there never seems to be a dull moment. (Ah - and you cannot forget the Achievement system, brilliant way of getting people to do their best!) Expand
  21. vova585[OWNER]Vovan
    May 22, 2008
    Very good game, I like it because it has a great balance between classes.
  22. AnonymousMC
    May 4, 2008
    This is the best game ever made. The graphics are awesome as well as humor in the game! You can play this amazing games for hours without getting bored. The only dissapointment is the range of the FlameThrower. But else than that EVERYTHING was great! I had a cool time playing this with my friend, and thats a game you MUST have! Valve you are making life easier for every gamer in theThis is the best game ever made. The graphics are awesome as well as humor in the game! You can play this amazing games for hours without getting bored. The only dissapointment is the range of the FlameThrower. But else than that EVERYTHING was great! I had a cool time playing this with my friend, and thats a game you MUST have! Valve you are making life easier for every gamer in the world, except the Cookie Monster in Simpson. Expand
  23. DSC
    Jun 16, 2008
    Much better than the XBox360 version, and is an all around great game.
  24. AaronL.
    Jun 19, 2008
    This game is ridiculous and awesome at the same time, not unlike Jesus taking steroids and fighting a band of highway midgets.
  25. PaulW.
    Jun 19, 2008
    This game combines humor and excellent gameplay.
  26. ThomasM.
    Jun 21, 2008
    Best balanced FPS I have ever played.
  27. TimoP.
    Jun 21, 2008
    This game is going to keep a lot of old and new multiplayer FPS enthusiasts occupied for the next few years.
  28. KarlF.
    Jun 3, 2008
    Could use some more balancing (the pyro is way underpowered) but other than that this is as close to perfection you can get.
  29. AdamO.
    Jun 6, 2008
    Awesome game, lots of content, never boring, every gamer should own it!
  30. EvanD.
    Jul 1, 2008
    Incredibly fun, brilliantly polished, and continuously supported with free content by Valve. For $20, it's a great buy for anyone that likes traditional shooters.
  31. sp
    Jul 12, 2008
    never seen such a funny game - teamplay requiered !! 10 points.
  32. MarceloR.
    Jul 17, 2008
    The game is awesome. Very funny and has a gameplay far superior than any First Person Shooter i'd already played.
  33. TomT.
    Jul 23, 2008
    Does not insult players' intelligence. Extremely funny & addictive. I love the the rubber duck. Design of a genius.
  34. DrewM
    Jul 5, 2008
    Best game out never get sick of like Natural Selection.
  35. ChrilleB.
    Jul 9, 2008
    Superior game, but still doesn't chase Quakeworld in experience.
  36. NicholasA.
    Aug 2, 2008
    TFC2 has brought back the team based chaos that is my favorite type of gameplay. Well balanced classes that offer a variety ways to fight balance out an already well rounded game. Special abilites have made the game fresh and the eye candy is spectacular.
  37. ScottK
    Aug 20, 2008
    I LOVE this game - from the great variety of player classes, to the "awards", to the unlockable weapons/upgrades. . . there's nothing not to like about it.
  38. AnonymousMC
    Aug 20, 2008
    Hands down, second-to-none, top-notch multiplayer experience which surpasses anything I've ever played before. And, yes, I've played COD4 online. Team Fortress 2 rips off the arm of Call of Duty 4 and beats it with the wet end. This is one example of simple equals better: keep your golden weapons and your nifty ranking system, just give me more cartoony, tongue in cheek humour inHands down, second-to-none, top-notch multiplayer experience which surpasses anything I've ever played before. And, yes, I've played COD4 online. Team Fortress 2 rips off the arm of Call of Duty 4 and beats it with the wet end. This is one example of simple equals better: keep your golden weapons and your nifty ranking system, just give me more cartoony, tongue in cheek humour in a class-based shooter that everyone who appreciates good gaming can enjoy. What's more, Valve will keep you on your toes with a seemingly constant flow of brilliant updates that'll rival even Garry (of Garry's Mod). With 9 totally unique and intricate characters with their own perks and downfalls, each will eventually receive some shiny new unlockable weapons that'll be sure to keep the game enjoyable. Eat your heart out. Expand
  39. DamianosZ.
    Aug 3, 2008
    One of the best games i have ever played...... vell spend money. good job guys.
  40. JesseG.
    Aug 4, 2008
    Intense, well balanced, and just plain out fun!
  41. PierreL.
    Aug 4, 2008
    Action, Cartoon and Skillz ... sounds like a strange mix at the beginning. Don't miss this fantastic game, really addictive and funny !
  42. FelixR.
    Aug 8, 2008
    That game IS the bomb! It really kicks ass! I am already since 15 hours (i bought it 3 days ago) addicted to it!
  43. AnonymousMC
    Sep 2, 2008
    ok il just say it now. all you morons giving this game a zero are either plaing this game on the 360 or ps3 or your complete idiots who have never playes a good game in your life. this game is great and the updates make the game more fun and give you a reason to keep playing also i played this game for 5 months then i stoped till the medic update came out and i havent stop playing since sook il just say it now. all you morons giving this game a zero are either plaing this game on the 360 or ps3 or your complete idiots who have never playes a good game in your life. this game is great and the updates make the game more fun and give you a reason to keep playing also i played this game for 5 months then i stoped till the medic update came out and i havent stop playing since so you noobs who suck at the game stop giving it zeros Expand
  44. ChrisL
    Sep 25, 2008
    Really fun game, only drawback being that everyone has to start somewhere, and isn't that entertaining when the pro's are giving you a humiliation lesson!
  45. James
    Sep 27, 2008
    Incredibly entertaining. Play it once and you'll be hooked.
  46. None
    Sep 29, 2008
    Great Game! Fun and Nice team based gameplay.
  47. AlexR.
    Sep 6, 2008
    Love this game, really easy to get the hang of, and the variety of gameplay, and surf maps in partcular are extremely good. no complaints!!
  48. BobB.
    Sep 7, 2008
    The most chaotic, insane, and bloody multiplayer game to date. And, of course, the best.
  49. BartekBartek
    Nov 12, 2009
    This game is very good but in this game is a lot of bugs eg. fire under wather.
  50. anonymous
    Nov 1, 2009
    Simply amazing game. Everyone on here saying that the updates are stupid aren't realizing that THEY can get the new weapons, too. All theyre doing is rewarding you for playing more than others. If you come into this game looking for a hardcore, strategy kind of FPS, go away. This is a "kill everybody and try not to be killed" type of game that was intended for pure fun, and it meets Simply amazing game. Everyone on here saying that the updates are stupid aren't realizing that THEY can get the new weapons, too. All theyre doing is rewarding you for playing more than others. If you come into this game looking for a hardcore, strategy kind of FPS, go away. This is a "kill everybody and try not to be killed" type of game that was intended for pure fun, and it meets it's goal. 10/10 Expand
  51. MatthewC
    Oct 1, 2009
    Okay so basically, I understand freedom of speech and whatnot but if you do not have any understanding or think that collectable items has split or killed the Team Fortress community, than I am just going to think your one of the following: a child, an imbosile, both and/or havn't even really taken the time to understand the game or even get in touch with the core TF2 community. This Okay so basically, I understand freedom of speech and whatnot but if you do not have any understanding or think that collectable items has split or killed the Team Fortress community, than I am just going to think your one of the following: a child, an imbosile, both and/or havn't even really taken the time to understand the game or even get in touch with the core TF2 community. This game is probably one of the best only out done by its predecessor. Perhaps not perceived by some now, but when TFC was originally released and whatnot (Mind you I was arround the age of 8 at the time) that had just about as much influence on me as a gamer as when Starcraft was released. It is the kind of game, if you havn't even played first person shooters before, if you just jumped into the seat and strapped in your flame retardant and picked up your flame thrower, you could literally be up there in the action dominating opponents in minutes. But - don't let that fool you into thinking the game's that simple, you'll be running into all kinds of enemies. You'll be having to deal with slow classes like the notorious 'Sandvich' wielding Heavy Weapons Guy whose weapon of choice is a Gatling gun. The tricky speedster Scout, who can outrun you no problems and is prone to 'bonking' you on the head with baseball bat in hand. The sneaky Spy who if you arn't watching your back when it counts can cost you your life and a great deal of embarrasment when he sticks you with his knife and then disguises as you to threaten your allies. And there is a whole lot more, and with variation in individual playstyles - you will always be left guessing what to expect next. This game is a must for all people interested in something involving a bit of teamwork, but also definately worth looking into if you prefer a more solo play. Expand
  52. ThatGuy
    Dec 14, 2009
    Team Fortress 2 is well done, the class updates keep it fresh, crafting will be fun to do, even though turning metal and wood into sandwiches confuses me, it's a great mix of warfare and humor, i just can't get enough of this game.
  53. SimpleJack
    Oct 28, 2009
    A wonderfull fast action-game! Especially the many big updates and the interest of Valve in the community are awesome!
  54. DudeEt
    Oct 29, 2009
    By far the greatest online shooter game of its type. It's graphics have a nice feel to them, and the theme is pleasing to the eyes after repetitive playing.. although was is best about it, is the classes. Sure somethings change a touch with updates, and unlockable items, although others have helped the game feel fresh. For example.. the item drop system might be annoying.. but it By far the greatest online shooter game of its type. It's graphics have a nice feel to them, and the theme is pleasing to the eyes after repetitive playing.. although was is best about it, is the classes. Sure somethings change a touch with updates, and unlockable items, although others have helped the game feel fresh. For example.. the item drop system might be annoying.. but it sure has left everyone in suspense on wanting to get a hat.. and therefor continuing to play. Personally i think its a bit of a gimmick.. Anyhow it has quite some potential still, since 3 classes remain to be updated with a few more meet the "" videos to be made, being the medic and the pyro. The community of it is great as well, with a huge variety of maps for selection to differ from the valve maps that one gets to know to well after some time. Some include skill maps, that rely on techniques that most would have not even thought about.. most times though they are just for the fun and impractical for real use. I highly doubt if valve makes a team fortress 3 in the future, that it could live up to this game.. of which if it does, well then it is obvious what will be my favorite game. So come play a few rounds.. choose a class, from the selection of the: explosive rather well balanced class the soldier, the team asset the medic, whom heals everyone and can easily help win a match with an ubercharge.. the spy who's job is to infiltrate and attack the enemy in their weakspot and destroy machines among the way. the scout who uses speed and flanking to his ability, the pyro for everyone that just wants to hold down mouse one..the heavy for everyone who wants a big gun and lots of hp, the engineer for the type whom want to build machines to help out your team, the sniper for all whom like to annoy others by headshoting them and finally, the demoman who is by far the best drunk player character.. i have ever seen in a game, with some great lines.. and the most explosives one can pack into a character... the sticky launcher for planting traps for the enemy and the pipe bomb launcher, for dealing with everything else.. Still by far the soldier is my favorite, nothing beats killing with the rocket launcher, or hitting someone out of the air with the same gun. Expand
  55. benjaminb
    Oct 29, 2009
    the best online shooter game i mostly just be the engineer becuase i love making the turrets awesome
  56. DoeJohn
    Oct 31, 2009
    Team Fortress 2 is an instant classic. Even after two years the Team Fortress 2 team continues to support the game with frequent update and sales. Team Fortress 2 is very fun to play. Certain classes are easier to play than others, but all can be played with ease after a while. While you may get bored with a certain class, there may be an update to that class to bring you back and play it.
  57. KingJohn
    Oct 31, 2009
    This has to be one of the best online, class based games I have ever played. It includes a funky cartoon theme, and tons of humor. What could be better?
  58. TomásF
    Oct 30, 2009
    This game its just amazing. It has a crappy drop system, BUT the strategy, the skills and the fun you'll get overcomes everything.
  59. JamesF
    Jan 6, 2009
    I've played many online FPS's over the years, namely the battlefield series, and I have to say that Team Fortress 2 is different. Which is why it is so brilliant. All the classes have a purpose, and no one class is overplayed over the others. The sheer amount of balance work that has gone into this game makes it, in my opinion, well worth the investment, and with the promise of I've played many online FPS's over the years, namely the battlefield series, and I have to say that Team Fortress 2 is different. Which is why it is so brilliant. All the classes have a purpose, and no one class is overplayed over the others. The sheer amount of balance work that has gone into this game makes it, in my opinion, well worth the investment, and with the promise of future updates from VALVe, it is sure to evolve into an even more solid title. Expand
  60. danet
    Feb 25, 2009
    The marriage of highly stylised retro-spy presentation, fresh, high octane action, deep and varied classes and the underlying twinkle of humour in its metaphorical eye make Team Fortress 2 far more than just your average fragfest. Long after the novelty of the graphics wears thin, we are left with a refined and accessible multiplayer game that simultaneously cultivates new players whilst The marriage of highly stylised retro-spy presentation, fresh, high octane action, deep and varied classes and the underlying twinkle of humour in its metaphorical eye make Team Fortress 2 far more than just your average fragfest. Long after the novelty of the graphics wears thin, we are left with a refined and accessible multiplayer game that simultaneously cultivates new players whilst retaining enough depth to accommodate even the hardiest of veterans. Expand
  61. AnonymousMC
    Mar 19, 2009
    A classic FPS in virtually every way. Arguably one of the best multiplayer-focused First Person Shooters of all time. I can agree in almost every since with what others have said - whatever new games I buy, I always find myself coming back to and playing this game, without hesitation, quickly and easily, even after literally hundreds of hours of play time. The variety of gameplay styles,A classic FPS in virtually every way. Arguably one of the best multiplayer-focused First Person Shooters of all time. I can agree in almost every since with what others have said - whatever new games I buy, I always find myself coming back to and playing this game, without hesitation, quickly and easily, even after literally hundreds of hours of play time. The variety of gameplay styles, maps, classes, and unlockable weapons ensures that this game will live long enough to see the release of TF3. Its graphics are excellent and involve real time facial movements, not frozen faces like you might see in other FPS games. Its only con being the high graphics load, you can understand why TF2 is such a classic shooter. Expand
  62. GraemeB
    Mar 2, 2009
    Superb multi-player game. It keeps evolving as Valve add new packs, maps and tweak the weapons etc. Graphics are fun and the voice comments are wonderful. On the downside - you need a fast machine, as big maps and lots of players = low FPS.
  63. SimeonB
    Mar 28, 2009
    It's awesome. Style, gameplay, variety, graphics, pace, balance, everything is just right. There might be small issues after certain class updates, as too many players choose that class by then and it seems annoying/unbalanced. But that's nothing serious and sorts itself out after a week or two. The ONE game i keep coming back and hardly dont play for a whole week. Get it, its worth it.
  64. AnonymousMC
    Mar 6, 2009
    Team Fortress 2 is a great game. A stride away from generic shooters, this game introduces a nice class based system. Unlike your other shooters out there, every class is completely different from each other. Every class has a different roll. It all comes together for one of the greatest shooters valve has created yet.
  65. Zeitgeist
    Apr 8, 2009
    TF2 is a great game. As with anything, judging this game after playing it for only one day is a bit naive. It has initial appeal since even brand new players can get kills here and there and contribute to the team, but the basics are also learned quickly and fine tuning the tricks to each class gives this game much replay value. Very well balanced as no single class is particularly TF2 is a great game. As with anything, judging this game after playing it for only one day is a bit naive. It has initial appeal since even brand new players can get kills here and there and contribute to the team, but the basics are also learned quickly and fine tuning the tricks to each class gives this game much replay value. Very well balanced as no single class is particularly overpowered, each can be countered if you know what you're doing. The ingenuity of game design put forth in this game is astounding, and each update excites me to see what Valve has done to evolve the game. One of the best and polished multiplayer fpses I have ever played. Expand
  66. JamesT
    May 1, 2009
    Pure bloody brilliance. The classes are balanced perfectly, the characters memorable and hilarious, the graphics excellent. This is by far the best class-based multiplayer shooter ever made. It's also the only game I've played that can keep me grinning like a loon out of sheer joy for two hours straight.
  67. JohnH
    May 21, 2009
    A masterpiece. Groundbreaking graphic style and gameplay that only gets boring after hundreds of hours of gameplay. Great balance between classes; nobody is overpowered. I wouldn't say it's a sequel to a previous shooter, it's an entirely new game.
  68. Andrewv
    May 2, 2009
    This game makes a Team work with each other to win. the Different classes are all pretty well balanced. And it has a good look to it not realistic but cool. And it has sum really funny content. Achievements and unlocks make it even better to get into. everyone that i have shown this game to has loved it so it gets the best score i can think of a 10!
  69. AndrewL
    May 2, 2009
    I've played FPS a lot and this has to be one of my favorite. Every class has a diffrent way to play and everyone plays ever class diffrently. TF2 is a game you can play for years and not get bored, but there are many people who are really good at it and it takes some fun out of the game for newer players.
  70. DanE
    May 20, 2009
    This game is purely amazing. Whoever gives it a zero usually comments that they 'die quickly' or the game isn't 'hardcore' enough for them. The game was never meant to be hardcore, its a fun game that you can play for hours and still love it. As far as dying quickly, play the game more than 10 minutes and learn to play, its not difficult considering the amazing This game is purely amazing. Whoever gives it a zero usually comments that they 'die quickly' or the game isn't 'hardcore' enough for them. The game was never meant to be hardcore, its a fun game that you can play for hours and still love it. As far as dying quickly, play the game more than 10 minutes and learn to play, its not difficult considering the amazing balance Valve put into it. Expand
  71. RonnyL
    May 24, 2009
    If you're new to Valve games, don't be fooled by the low prices. This is such a great game in every aspect. The gameplay is awesome, but what makes the game great is the style. every explosion or kill just seems cinematic in a way. The only complaint about the game i've seen here is that the class updates make the game "unbalanced" which just isnt true. The new weapons If you're new to Valve games, don't be fooled by the low prices. This is such a great game in every aspect. The gameplay is awesome, but what makes the game great is the style. every explosion or kill just seems cinematic in a way. The only complaint about the game i've seen here is that the class updates make the game "unbalanced" which just isnt true. The new weapons aren't really better than the old ones, just different. I, personally, love the updates. been playing since release (about 2 1/2 years now) and have yet to go more than a week without playing it. Expand
  72. JustinS
    May 3, 2009
    Overall an amazing game. The graphics alone set it apart from other games, but the gameplay is what really makes it stand out. Balanced classes and a hint of humor make it a must have for all FPS gamers.
  73. KrisC
    Jun 18, 2009
    This game is a great game. I assume everyone with minus 4 has a very bad computer or a bad connection, because I get NO lag. It runs smoothly on my computer and it overall is a nice game to play. It doesn't use sound or other things games do, such as Call of Duty 4, but hey, it adds more to the fun! Little stealth, little aim, little building, little of everything to be had in this This game is a great game. I assume everyone with minus 4 has a very bad computer or a bad connection, because I get NO lag. It runs smoothly on my computer and it overall is a nice game to play. It doesn't use sound or other things games do, such as Call of Duty 4, but hey, it adds more to the fun! Little stealth, little aim, little building, little of everything to be had in this game. Overall 10/10. Expand
  74. JakeM
    Jul 5, 2009
    I gave this a 9 for the amazing concept and continuous addictive gameplay Team Fortress 2 provides. I don't think they could have implemented a better name for this game either, if you are not working as a team, you will lose like you aren't working as a team, simple as that. This game provides plenty of achievements to unlock various weapons and accessories to aid you in the I gave this a 9 for the amazing concept and continuous addictive gameplay Team Fortress 2 provides. I don't think they could have implemented a better name for this game either, if you are not working as a team, you will lose like you aren't working as a team, simple as that. This game provides plenty of achievements to unlock various weapons and accessories to aid you in the warzone of pushing carts, capturing control points, and of course, stealing the intel. Whether you are on defense or offense, Team Fortress 2 is a nonstop action packed hilarious outrage for anyone to play. Expand
  75. RolfM
    Aug 21, 2009
    Having played this game for a total of 75 hours now, I can safely say that it is the most fun I've ever had with an online game. The joy comes first and firemost from the diversity of the different classes, not only with regards to the superb animations and voice acting lending to their colorful, cartoonish personalities, but also the totally different playstyles required for each Having played this game for a total of 75 hours now, I can safely say that it is the most fun I've ever had with an online game. The joy comes first and firemost from the diversity of the different classes, not only with regards to the superb animations and voice acting lending to their colorful, cartoonish personalities, but also the totally different playstyles required for each and everyone - from the brutish heavy to the sneaky spy. On top of the core layout you've got Valve's ever dedicated support for the game with free class updates (and also, more recently, a classless update!) with new weapons waiting for you to unlock them. While Valve have provided these weapons with distinct advantages, they were also sensible enough to make sure there were clear disadvantages in choosing new weapons over the old ones. By doing this, they've managed to keep the game fresh with new content that continues to surprise and amuse (the jarate! the hats!) without screwing up the balance. Thumbs up to Valve for creating - and continuing to add to - this, their most superbly entertaining and replayable masterpiece. Expand
  76. PatrickS
    Aug 29, 2009
    The poster, Phillip D, can be proven to be wrong in his awful review. Firstly : No one class can instantly beat the other, this is a misconception held only by newer players who not yet understand their classes' capability. Any one class has a chance of defeating any other class in one on one combat. Secondly, this mechanic is not intended to be part of an RTS game, it is an FPS. The poster, Phillip D, can be proven to be wrong in his awful review. Firstly : No one class can instantly beat the other, this is a misconception held only by newer players who not yet understand their classes' capability. Any one class has a chance of defeating any other class in one on one combat. Secondly, this mechanic is not intended to be part of an RTS game, it is an FPS. Your team is supposed to be seperate from you. The game offers a great deal of refreshing gameplay, you have nine classes to choose from, each with their own merits and disadvantages, and a variety of different playstyles available to each. On top of this you then have a selection of different gamemodes which allow you almost infinite replayablility. Regarding your claim that everything have been applied before, yes, certainly a lot of the concepts in Team Fortress 2 have been used before. You have the fast one, the sneaky one, the strong one etc etc, but these concepts are wide spreading to almost anything. The ideal that TF2 creates for gamers is a unique experience with Valve's take on each of the variations. Regarding your complaint about "step-in playing", well, I don't even know what that means. It is not unusual for a new player to join a server and change the balance of a game, pushing their team to victory. I fear again you need more experience with the game before simply joining, dying, and writing a bad review. You state that the only way to achieve and learn the game is to have good team or an empty server, and this simply isn't true. When you look at the mechanics of the game, it is remarkably easy to watch your team and see what they are doing wrong and learn from them. Even in losing, learning by doing is a very good method. There are also not a lot of custom mods/map downloading, if you search for pure servers. I personally do not play on modded servers such as Zombie Fortress but thanks to the server filter that Valve has implemented it is very simple to find a server that you want, be it modified or unmodified. The game is very cartoony, and that is part of its stylised selling point, however, your main gripe here is that the gameplay is not fun. I believe you have simply failed to give the game a chance. It appears from your comments that you have bought the game, joined a full server, decided to be a scout and died maybe a dozen times to a heavy and decided that the game is unfair, poorly balanced and not fun, and then decided to write this review. This is a horribly biased view of Team Fortress 2, certainly, it is not uncommon to see players like yourself who have no idea how to play the game because they are simply unable to give it a chance after their first temper tantrum about being killed. The reason this game is still standing is because it is a unique and very rewarding game, with similar gameplay. The huge variety of tatics, maps, classes and team strategy allow it to be almost unsurpassable in replayability. You complain about the game changing every month, making you have to re-learn the game. I've decided not to attack this directly, as I can't disprove your misconception, but I can simply offer that this has never actually happened. There has never been an update significant enough. And for your final comment, the sniper uses a bow, not a crossbow, and there are no levels to grind to anyway, and a random drop system has allowed all players and equal chance of attaining items alongside the regular achievement based system, which rewards merit. This most certainly is an FPS game, and it is the poorly concieved views about Team Fortress 2 which players like you perpetrate which can jade the view of potential gamers. So, in my final statement I would say, if you are reading this deciding if you should buy Team Fortress 2, you will need a little patience to learn about your class, learn its capabilities and how it works for you. When you have, you'll become a good player. You will be able to defeat others, even multiple others, then you can play on different maps, with different tatics, and when you're bored of that, switch to one of the eight other classes and have a whole new experience! Expand
  77. AustinB
    Aug 30, 2009
    This game is awesome!! I hadn't played team fortress classic in a LONG time and was very excited to when I first got TF2. The only letdown for me was that the characters were cartoonish. Other than that its great. I love the mods and various adjustments to the gameplay. I hear people saying its just like all the other class games and that each class can be beaten by another class no This game is awesome!! I hadn't played team fortress classic in a LONG time and was very excited to when I first got TF2. The only letdown for me was that the characters were cartoonish. Other than that its great. I love the mods and various adjustments to the gameplay. I hear people saying its just like all the other class games and that each class can be beaten by another class no matter what...All that means is that the person saying that isn't very skilled and needed a reason or venue to complain about it. Each class now has upgrades and specific weapons that have to be used properly(keword: PROPERLY). If this is done any class can dominate... you just have to figure out which class accomodates your particular style of gameplay, whether it is running directly up on your enemy or picking them off with a headshot from the distance. Expand
  78. JacobS
    Aug 7, 2009
    I have spent over 280 hours of this game and i still get to see things new which is an impressive feat for a game. New class updates and valve regularly supporting this game makes it something that i will always love valve for. Another great thing is the random game modes that you can find, like prophunt where pyros have to find the other team which are disguised and different items I have spent over 280 hours of this game and i still get to see things new which is an impressive feat for a game. New class updates and valve regularly supporting this game makes it something that i will always love valve for. Another great thing is the random game modes that you can find, like prophunt where pyros have to find the other team which are disguised and different items in-game, or random weapons where you never know if you might become a heavy with a sniper or a pyro with a needlegun. No matter how you look at this game it is awesome and definitely worth my 20 dollars. Expand
  79. IskiL
    Aug 8, 2009
    The best multiplayes game I played EVER! Team Fortress 2 is funny for years, I don't get bored with this game. The cartoon graphics is maybe the most important thing of this game, because it's draws my attention, and makes this game different than the others. Truely, I think VALVe made a great work.
  80. AnonymousMC
    Sep 6, 2009
    this is the best fps shooter ever and al of you that are giving this a bad score need to stfu and stop crying becuase you suck at fps. if you get killed alot it means you suck alot. just because you suck doesnt mean the game does. all hail the sniper
  81. Mr.Toad
    Jan 13, 2010
    It's rather intresting to see the comments of those who give TF2 a poor rating. While I agree that tf2 as a whole might not be everyone's cup of tea, I strongly disagree on certain points. First of all, the game is friendly towards new players. Heck I never played many fps before I bought it, and my first matches were just fine. You will run sometimes into those players that It's rather intresting to see the comments of those who give TF2 a poor rating. While I agree that tf2 as a whole might not be everyone's cup of tea, I strongly disagree on certain points. First of all, the game is friendly towards new players. Heck I never played many fps before I bought it, and my first matches were just fine. You will run sometimes into those players that rage at you all the time, you will fall sometimes on an overskilled player that kills you all the time, and you will now and then fall on a generally poor team, and won't be able to even get out of the spawning room. But these are the risks that carry almost every online fps, and really most of time the games are fine. Sometimes you might fall on bad servers that destroys some of the balance, but they are few and you can easily ignore them. As for the balance of the classes, it plays like a "rock-paper-scisor" kind of way. For instance, Sniper easily kills pyro, but gets easily killed by spy, who gets easily killed by pyro. As such, if you keep getting killed by a specific class, just change again! As a certain player put it, this isn't "solo fortress" you play as a team, canceling each others weaknesses. As for the removal of grenades, valve give some pretty convincing arguments in the audio commentaries, and while I only played tfc once, I quickly uninstalled it as I just wondered what I was doing playing it. The new weapons do not outbalance the game, and valve usually constantly make a few tweaks to make sure each weapon is fun and useful. As for the weapon drop system, it's nowhere from perfect, but it's improving....slowly enough. I admit, sometimes I get rather angry the way my tf2 sessions turns out, however the reason I forgive all of it's small sins, and why I give it a 10 is quite simply the art style. I just cannot get tired of the wide variety of personnalities in the classes, the voices making me laugh my head off no matter how many times I've heard the same thing. It's one of the games that examplifies to me the game as a work of art. Expand
  82. jasonh
    Jan 15, 2010
    Insanely fun. I've logged over 500 hours so far with no end in sight.
  83. onWaters
    Jan 17, 2010
    My favorite game. With a beatiful art stlyle and easy learning curve. I can easily put it on and kill my friends for 15 minutes or three hours. It's a must have for any gamer
  84. BrodiR
    Jan 17, 2010
    Maybe the best game that ever came onto the pc. With its beautiful colors and stylish design, i simply cant resist playing it. All the characters have catchy phrases that burn into your head. A simply wonderful game.
  85. karlTheShark
    Jan 19, 2010
    THIS GAME IS AWESOME (and i got it cheap :D ) The Graphics is not Realistic but cartoony Funnyness. I didn't expect ''So Much Blood'' in this game. there is so much to say why this game is so Awesome. the Weapons is not boring at all, I love shotguns, Rocket launchers and all the other weapons. They also talk Funny like ^^. The Best weapon in the game is the THIS GAME IS AWESOME (and i got it cheap :D ) The Graphics is not Realistic but cartoony Funnyness. I didn't expect ''So Much Blood'' in this game. there is so much to say why this game is so Awesome. the Weapons is not boring at all, I love shotguns, Rocket launchers and all the other weapons. They also talk Funny like ^^. The Best weapon in the game is the sandvich ( i think) Sorry i can't say so much. If you need an online mutliplayer game, THIS IS FOR YOU!!! ( Way Better Than Counter Strike!!! ) Expand
  86. TyH
    Jan 2, 2010
    This game is one of the best multiplayer battlefield games i've ever played.Action packed and has alot of awsomness.
  87. TonyI
    Jan 5, 2010
    Simply fun, I've played on and off over the free weekends... but finally got around to buying it this past month.
  88. LaurenMcBONK!
    Jan 7, 2010
    I'm not a huge fan of the FPS genre, but I swear, ask any of my friends, TF2 is all I talk about recently. The character's personalities are hilariously awesome and great. Best game I've played in a while.
  89. L.S.
    Oct 11, 2007
    A fun game that can end in countless ways each map providing full entertainment.
  90. Raquel
    Nov 14, 2007
    The comic animation on the game is spectacular and the classes are great but the medics are missing out on a few features from the classic team fortress but otherwise the game is great
  91. StevenB.
    Nov 16, 2007
    Such a great game.. Visually stunning and fantastic game balance.
  92. JohnT.
    Nov 2, 2007
    Best game ever, since Counter-Strike: Source, Valve did a great work on this game, "Cartoon" Graphic's are very funny, it gives the game an "Old School" Style, really, it's worth the money!
  93. PierreC.
    Nov 22, 2007
    Without a doubt the most entertaining multiplayer game I've played to date.
  94. RyanB.
    Oct 12, 2007
    This game is amazing and far surpases any other fps game out! It is incredibly smooth and faced paced. Good fast fun and great to look at. No complaints!
  95. Thibi
    Nov 23, 2007
    I buyed the game 2 weeks ago, it's a very nice game, with cartoon graphics etc... A lot of teamwork as Medic-Soldier etc... Lame Spies and fast Scouts. Realy this game kicks ass. Now I'm creating my own map, and seems to be good.
  96. KellyP.
    Nov 25, 2007
    Love it! So many noobs though. A communications rose like 2142 would be nice. My quick chat selections work when they want to. And they are very lazy. Agian Love it. Gave it a 10 even with the complaints.
  97. GregJ.
    Oct 12, 2007
    I've got three words to describe this game: Fun! Fun! Fun! The detail in incredible, but the game is so simple at the same time. When u are winning, its great, when you are getting pwned, its still great, which I cant say about any other MP game out there.
  98. PaulS.
    Oct 13, 2007
    I miss the room-clearing nail grenades my Soldier used to have, but the streamlined gameplay and focus on roles is great. Addictive, hilarious, and fun!
  99. JoeK.
    GREAT GAME!
  100. GregG.
    Oct 13, 2007
    Best multiplayer game made for the PC? Brilliant gameplay and endless fun due to the huge variation in character choice and situations.

2. The game also does a lovely job of framing your relationship with other players and nurturing them.
  3. It's one hell of a game. With its powerful artistic style and blazingly quick, yet accessible gameplay, it's enough to melt the icy cynicism imprisoning the hearts of even the most jaded among us. That being said, it's not the most complex shooter out there.