9.2

1. Aug 13, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's a perfect game. You are always updated with new releases incredible. It is worthwhile to buy this game, is a masterpiece from Valve. The game is very fun, with different characters and balanced. Expand
  2. Mar 17, 2011
    No matter what FPS game you play, you can thank Team Fortress for making it possible. The original Team Fortress was a free mod for Quake 1 that came out in 1996, and it forever changed FPS games. TF was the first game that really focused on class based team play. So many games follow that model now. Team Fortress 2 is not quite the same game as its 1996 incarnation. The game no longer has grenades, it has a slower pace, and at a competitive level, it actually requires teamwork to win. Team Fortress 2 has been out for over 3 years now and it is only growing in popularity. The competitive community is getting bigger, and it shows no signs of slowing down. If you are looking for a fun FPS with lasting appeal, Team Fortress 2 is for you. Expand
  3. Mar 2, 2011
    Graphics are creative and funny, Controls are ultra-smooth and the game-play is FUN. FUN being the important word here. The game may look simple at first glance, but is a very complex shooter. Pretty much still a perfect game after all these years.
  4. Jan 8, 2012
    This game will ruin your life. You'll forget to feed the dog, you may even forget to feed yourself. Your lawn will look like the amazon and the newspapers will pile up. If you don't like your job, perfect, you won't go to work once you start playing. I love this game, more than I loved my girlfriend. I'm a logical (somewhat decent) person. I have memories from 2fort. Help me.
  5. Apr 8, 2011
    Even after all these years, there's still no multiplayer game that can top it. Excellent class balance, fair customization, great maps, they're all here, and not going anywhere anytime soon.
  6. Nov 13, 2010
    Three words everybody: BEST SHOOTER EVER! I dont care if Halo: Reach has an epic campaign (actually, I do), this game has a freakin' SANDVICH!!! The class you play as isn't just your favorite character; its a personality! If I ever (God forbid) go on a dating site, my profile will say, "Likes cats and playing as the Engineer and Scout,". This game has great graphics, catchy tunes, and over 60 different weapons (not including promotion items)! It's only 20 bucks! Go buy a copy! If you have one, stop hating your friends and buy them one! Expand
  7. Mar 19, 2011
    Team Fortress 2 is by far one of the best shooters ever made. The classes are balanced, there's an immense choice of weapons for you to use or acquire, strategy is required and most importantly: TEAMWORK IS REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES! All 9 classes help each other in many ways, and a combination of classes and teamwork is crucial to win the game.

Many maps to choose from, and you can even make
    your own. New content is released regularly and for free... and you can even make you own too!
    Also, AWESOME HATS AND AWESOME STUFF TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR CHARACTER.

This is the real deal.
  8. Apr 8, 2011
    Awesome game overall. It makes good use of the 9 classes and it makes every one of them unique in both playstyle and gameplay. Nothing is unnecessary or excessive, besides some items and the gaming is extremely fast paced. It gets you worked up like no other and when played competitively, it is the most satisfying game in the world. This game is valve's best creation by far. It is humorous, but at the same time, intense. Expand
  9. Sep 5, 2011
    With endless replay value, constant updates, and occasional (and very well done) animated shorts, Team Fortress 2 is no doubt one of the best shooters out there.
  10. Jan 10, 2012
    THE free game (I'd put it just in front of LoL). Words can't describe how good this game is. There are lots of fun play modes, the graphics look great and are incredibly well optimized, the class variety is prominent, there's an item system that makes each class a bit more unique, and you don't have to pay a dime (if you don't want to). If you like FPS or team games, you have to at least give it a shot. Valve really has impressed me both with the quality of this game and their ability to hand it out for nothing! Easily my new go-to shooter Expand
  11. Jun 24, 2011
    I don't mean to insult any Team Fortress 2 fans. I love that game. The reason i gave it a 2 though, is because it is now free-to-play. This I find to be an outrage. Until I get a refund my score will remain this way for eternity. I don't hate the game. I just hate that **** money was spent towards a game that eventually became free to play. What is $20 to much for some of you to bear? Well how about the people who did spend $20 to buy it? Valve is practically giving you money out of our hard-earned coin. So valve is stealing our money without the owners consent. Unbelievable. 2, you **** robbers. Expand
  12. Nov 11, 2011
    "Team Fortress 2" is one of the most historically epic games Valve has ever made. The game only consists of multiplayer, but multiplayer at it's finest. The 9 classes are very balanced as well as the controls too. Gameplay is smooth and is equipped with sexy graphics. There are a variety of maps and game modes as well as constant updates from our trusty Valve. The only downside? There is no singleplayer or campaign. Nevertheless, TF2 is one of those games that defines "games". Expand
  13. Mar 27, 2012
    Team Fortress 2 is a very cool game. It's definetly not the best, but i really enjoyed it. The game is action packed and filles youre free time quite nicely. I would recomend the game for just about anyone who likes the regular FPS games like CS, Call Of Duty or anything like that. Keep in mind that this game is alot different to most. It is best played in multiplayer and uses some percentage of brainpower. Expand
  14. Jan 9, 2012
    Great game. Never been a fan of FPS, but this is the best FPS game. Full of action, challenges and fun. The cartoon graphics make the game better, more enjoyable. 9 different classes of all types: power, speed, technique, and others. One of the best multiplayers game.
  15. Jan 9, 2012
    Very good art style for the game. With all of the classes, and everything you can do, it is a game hard to get bored with. It runs well on low end machines, and looks pretty good on high end machines. Fun for all.
  16. Feb 6, 2012
    I figure if all players have left to **** about is 'balance', then you've created a fantastic game. Balance is a subjective thing. Team Fortress 2 is a free FPS with the nostalgic feel of the Quake engine that I feel is more than competitive with the likes of the most recent FPS heavy-hitters (i.e. Modern Warfare, Battlefield). With the legacy that TF2 has, it's no wonder Valve pissed off a few fanboys by changing things up a bit. Pay them no mind. If you are passing this game up, you're missing out. End of story. Expand
  17. Apr 16, 2012
    This game used to be about strategy and team work. Now its freaking buy this and we get money crap. The new thing about having it be free? Well basically half the thing is not because you spend most of the time in the shop stpending money on **** HATS? If you don't have a hat your not considered "cool". It's the most stupidest thing ever.
  18. Mar 9, 2011
    one of those games that if it were free 2 play, would be ok. But not worth the price. Before they added all the extra weapons and the store, the game was better, but now your playing with people that are leveled way higher than you, hence better weapons and gizmos. most maps are small and repetitive, and after you log 100 hours into it, expect Steam to ban your account :)
  19. Mar 21, 2011
    TF2 has always been one of my favorite games. It has memorable characters, diverse playstyles, unique maps, and best of all: It has a wonderful and mostly kind community.
    I don't go a day without hearing one of the character's voices saying something in my head to fit my situation.
    Not to mention completely and totally reliable as VALVe is with all of their games. It's made well, it has
    constant content updates and patches, the blog is updated rather actively, etc.
    And for the low price of $20? This game is Three years old and the community is still huge. This game has quality written all over it. It's hard to find a major flaw that isn't soon fixed.
  20. Dec 16, 2011
    Played this since 2007 and really love it. and I am not really much of a MP player. The fun and action-packed game has me enterained for years even if I have nearlyl 600 games on my steam account, I still come to TF2 to play. I am fast approaching 1000 hours played clocked on this game. Subtitles are lacking but someone has created a mod that implements closed captions into the game which increased it's fun factor. Greatly recommended for those looking for action packed multiplayer FPS. Expand
  21. Nov 10, 2011
    I played TF2 back in 2008 and it was really fun to play. But re-installing it after years in 2011 really wasn't worth the time. While the gameplay is the same, get the enemy briefcase, capture all enemy points etc. the game itself turned from a fun FPS into a pointless hat-collector.

But I won't criticise the game for it's 5-12 year old community collecting as many hats as they can, for
    me it's the quality that makes the game bad compared to how it was back in 2008. Everywhere you look you see unfinished and re-re-used animations and taunts, as well as unbalanced weapons like the "Equalizer" or the "Solemn Vow" that make their standard counterparts just useless. It's not the quality I expected from Valve Software.

It seems TF2 is now Valve's money making machine. People buy the items that the folks at Valve haven't even made themselves (they just ask the community to make them) and add them without even giving them proper animations, stats what so ever. Seems like Valve spent the majority of their time on giving the menu class images hats.

As for the graphics you can already see that the game is out there for a long time. However, the cartoon style is still something you don't see in any other game and they're still fun to look at, even tho' the so called "Very High" settings looks like Crysis on "Medium".

A 3/10 from me.
  22. Aug 30, 2010
    Team Fortress 2 is the perfect online FPS game. It is even with Counter Strike: Source. This game is possibly the most actively changing game that is perfect. 10/10
  23. Apr 5, 2011
    best half life game ever. but unfortunately now has become a bs pay more and more type of game. A perfect hit, even updates perfect, even thought became a digital hat simulator. I am only up set that now they added crates which one must purchase a key to unlock and you cannot craft a key. so if you don't have 25 dollars a month the crates are useless.
  24. Jul 2, 2011
    How anyone can say this game is balanced is beyond me. There is NO BALANCE AT ALL. The spy is the most ridiculously OP class ever created. You have guys running around who spent tons of cash to make themselves nearly invincible while being invisible. They make nearly half the classes useless because of their skill set. I cannot even imagine why you would build anything since it takes way to long to create things and it takes a spy a few seconds to destroy them ALL in a couple clicks. It's easy to see why the game went Free to Play since it has no balance and they realise the only way to make money from it is to make fools pay to make themselves godly. There's better balance in a game of Combat off an atari 2600.

The only people who will say there is abalnce are those paid to say that and those that paid to make themselves godly in game.
  25. Jan 14, 2012
    In my opinion, this game is Valve's 'big hitter'. Even though it's a multiplayer online game only, this game is great to play with friends. It's disappointing that the PC's updates will never make it to the consoles, you can get this game for free at Steam. That's right. It's F2P.
  26. Jan 18, 2012
    Everything about this game is great. The customization and item management is amazing, and the gunplay is varied, and violent. The visuals are great, but a little off putting if you're a veteran shooter fan of the likes of CoD and Battlefield. Similarly, The quirkiness of TF2 mean that going back to a different shooter is a little hard at least for me. Since it's F2P, there should be no reason not to play it. Expand
  27. Feb 9, 2012
    First, think of the latest in a line of games that set the trend for almost all future fps's. then make it online, then give it constant updates and new toys to play with. now make it all free. that's team fortess two. it was worth the money when it was released because it offers competitive play for all skill levels and types of gamer. it has its own economy and continuously growing fanbase. the graphics are great (you can barely tell the tf2 is as old as it is), the classes balance well. Oh, and did i mention it's free? Expand
  28. Nov 5, 2010
    This is truly one of the greatest multiplayer FPS games i've ever played.
    I am playing it for a year and it's still entertaining, mostly because of updates, that, i think, come more frequently than MMO updates. With 9 classes to choose from, everyone will find their favourite gameplay style. And, of course, HATS. They make the game even more awesome... This is the best mix of RPG and FPS.
    Weapons, hats, trading, crafting and shooting. 'Couse who needs experience points. Expand
  29. Nov 11, 2010
    This is a great game. It has by far the most hours logged on my computer out of any game I own. Every class you play you get an entirely different experience and the best part is that every class actually feels necessary. Then I personally enjoy the humor in this game and the fact that there are as many frequent updates as there are is just top notch. Its is bar none the best multiplayer experience out there even 3 years after its original release. Expand
  30. Dec 4, 2010
    This game is frikin amazing. The best game ever for the PC besides Half-Life. Its fantasticaly simple yet strategic. You will really get into this game for a long time. Each character has a fun ascet to them. The game is hilarious and you will like it for along time. The gameplay is fantastic and its so fun. Its just mindless killing. No real war. Just killing. Its so fun you have to get this

The marriage of highly stylised retro-spy presentation, fresh, high octane action, deep and varied classes and the underlying twinkle of humour in its metaphorical eye make Team Fortress 2 far more than just your average fragfest. Long after the novelty of the graphics wears thin, we are left with a refined and accessible multiplayer game that simultaneously cultivates new players whilst retaining enough depth to accommodate even the hardiest of veterans.
  2. The game also does a lovely job of framing your relationship with other players and nurturing them.
  3. It's one hell of a game. With its powerful artistic style and blazingly quick, yet accessible gameplay, it's enough to melt the icy cynicism imprisoning the hearts of even the most jaded among us. That being said, it's not the most complex shooter out there.