7.2

1. Mar 21, 2013
    Now that it is free to play, a larger community can now try out the game, and actually see that behind the previous price tag, was a stunning and appealing game.
  2. Mar 28, 2013
    Not much to say, epic game! Very nice self aiming, super graphics, super gameplay, super fun especially on PvP servers, and it's free! No reason not to try it, even if mmorpgs are not quite your thing this game will rock for you
  3. Mar 24, 2013
    This game is worth a second look if you are an MMO fan. Graphics are at the high end of anything currently in this genre, and the character development is top notch. Questing is definitely old in contrast to other MMO's, but it keeps you pacing and killing monsters in an orderly fashion.
  4. May 1, 2013
    This game has the best fighting gameplay for any MMO and its awesome that everything is free. I would recommend it for anyone interested in a good RPG be that PvP or PvE.
  5. Apr 10, 2013
    This is like most mmorpg's a grind but for a free to play game it has many things to do and beautiful graphics, I would say for a game that is FTP you can't go wrong with this anyone trying to decide give it a shot you got nothing too lose.
  6. Mar 6, 2013
    I like TERA and TERA: Rising and the nice bOObs in games I have play them for free now but I shall support them and buy 2 copies more Good them have free to play so I can try them and now buy!
  7. May 18, 2013
    I usually hate MMORPG's because it bores me after some time. But this game has everything, I ever wanted as MMORPG. First of all: The Fighting is awesome and not boring. You have to do tactics, and you have to have skills or you'll die faster than you know. The story is like all the other mmo's I've played. But everything else in this game was awesome. My favorite F2P MMORPG.
  8. Mar 16, 2014
    It has a lot of unique creatures and various other unique elements to the game. Fantastic graphics and animation. Much like many MMOs it has taken the tried and true features of other MMOs and thrown in a few of their own. Lots of high impact and flashy combat, with a very engaging combat system. The combat system is much more twitch based, with an active targeting system similar to thatIt has a lot of unique creatures and various other unique elements to the game. Fantastic graphics and animation. Much like many MMOs it has taken the tried and true features of other MMOs and thrown in a few of their own. Lots of high impact and flashy combat, with a very engaging combat system. The combat system is much more twitch based, with an active targeting system similar to that in Guild Wars 2, but this game gives you the interface i wished GW2 had. nice cinematics, with the melodrama eastern games are known for and good voice overs. There is a nice mini expansion set for later 2014, which includes new dungeons, raids and a new class. The item mall is mainly for aesthetic purposes, it's not a pay to win sort of game as of yet. One of the best free to play on the market. Expand
  9. Jul 5, 2014
    TERA: Rising has come leaps and bounds the past year's time. Most annoyances and glitches seem to have been ironed out and it now provides a unique mmorpg flavour on par with any other AAA release out there (speaking from many years of experience through AoC, Aion, EVE, Wow, GW2, SWTOR, DP, TSW, Entropia to name a few).

As always I created alts of all classes/races combos (limit

As always I created alts of all classes/races combos (limit 2/server) and completed the training tutorial for each to get a feel of what they're like and which I'd like to continue with. So far with only 40hrs gameplay, T:R being a F2P entry has impressed me. Customization-wise its races range from the fury/cutey upto ugly/domineering looking to please most tastes and gameplay differs pleasantly for each class as to give enough individuality within familiar grounds of rpg with elements which seasoned players will get stuck in right away (e.g. tank, dps, healer grouping roles).

I decided to raise 2 alts on a pvp server, a barakas priest and a castanic warrior mostly because these are the roles I most enjoy playing (warrior class behaves like an evasion off-tank, rogue style which requires a lot of movement). Tried a few duels, some instance grouping and pvp and so far the balance seems about right (had to work hard and get rotations and positioning right to be able to pull some spectacular combos which were very satisfying).

Pros:
    - Very good graphics even at mid-lower settings (on i7-3770/HD7770 60-80fps at high settings)
    - Rich vibrant world which will take a long time to explore
    - Good audio and cut-scenes, though I'd prefer more spoken dialogue (SWTOR anyone?)
    - Helpful GMs when needed help with help with enchanting
    - Generous gifts for a f2p model which keep you hooked
    - Lots of new players making it a pleasant levelling experience at this time

Cons:
    - Huge size at 43GB!! For new players that want to take a look that must be daunting!
    - As a cloud download you can play at ~10% downloaded but there is no option to pause (or selective downloading when needed such as GW used to do).
    - For melee classes dependable on timing, high fps is a must (chains timeout unevenly at higher pings)
    - No alternative starting paths/stories as seen in Wow, GW2 etc
    - Not enough achievements to engage the player (have they learned nothing from the GW2 success?)
  10. Feb 23, 2014
    I have lots of MMORPG games like Aion, Rift, Granado Espada, Hawken, Smite, Company of Heroes 2, Planet Side 2, Guildwars2 etc. and yet I end up always playing this game, for an FTP it has a very nice graphics, you can experience flying while transporting to other towns, grinding like the old times but PVE becomes fun because of BAMs yeah Big Ass Monsters! Nice PVP only cons for me is youI have lots of MMORPG games like Aion, Rift, Granado Espada, Hawken, Smite, Company of Heroes 2, Planet Side 2, Guildwars2 etc. and yet I end up always playing this game, for an FTP it has a very nice graphics, you can experience flying while transporting to other towns, grinding like the old times but PVE becomes fun because of BAMs yeah Big Ass Monsters! Nice PVP only cons for me is you can't move while casting skills unlike Guildwars2, but for now while waiting for Black Desert and other games that will hook more of my attention, this is my favorite. Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. Apr 9, 2013
    Quotation forthcoming.
  2. CD-Action
    Apr 5, 2013
    I didn’t expect my return to Arborea after 6 months of absence to be so pleasant. Tera’s conversion to the free-to-play model was the best thing that could happen to MMO fans this year. [CD-Action 04/2013, p.75]