8.5

1. Jun 18, 2012
    This game is so fun. The multiplayer is amazing, its easy to join servers and making them is also easy. The game is 5-10 bucks and its a real bargain. Many players and a lot of items. This game is really fun. People compare it to Minecraft, but I find this BETTER than minecraft. For one, the gameplay is faster and you can make more out of your time than minecrafts hide in a cave type ofThis game is so fun. The multiplayer is amazing, its easy to join servers and making them is also easy. The game is 5-10 bucks and its a real bargain. Many players and a lot of items. This game is really fun. People compare it to Minecraft, but I find this BETTER than minecraft. For one, the gameplay is faster and you can make more out of your time than minecrafts hide in a cave type of game. This game has more items than minecraft and has a easy multiplayer, unlike minecraft's servers. Down side is that it can be a bit boring, but if your bored with minecraft, even the boring parts will seem more active than minecrafts. Expand
  2. Jul 16, 2012
    The game, in my personal opinion, is very interesting, I like it. The 2D dimension makes it somewhat special, because you see and understand a lot more, than in 3D. Yet you still don't know what is above or under you. The Character creation isn't that original like in Minecraft, but still very easy to use (If you do know RGB!). The feature where you can have items saved had slightly mixedThe game, in my personal opinion, is very interesting, I like it. The 2D dimension makes it somewhat special, because you see and understand a lot more, than in 3D. Yet you still don't know what is above or under you. The Character creation isn't that original like in Minecraft, but still very easy to use (If you do know RGB!). The feature where you can have items saved had slightly mixed feelings on my experience, but should be a nice addition. I think it's a game everyone should try, just like Minecraft. Both are actually, very different. I suggest you to give it a try, and you will, most likely, not regret this decision, I'm sure. Expand
  3. Jul 21, 2012
    Addictive and fun, I've put over 100+ hours into this game in the last couple weeks, and have enjoyed almost every minute of it. I don't like to use wiki's or info sites when I play games like this, and have had a blast discovering each new thing I've found. I'm giving this game a 9 out of 10 only because there are a couple of punishing aspects to the game, that I think shouldn't existAddictive and fun, I've put over 100+ hours into this game in the last couple weeks, and have enjoyed almost every minute of it. I don't like to use wiki's or info sites when I play games like this, and have had a blast discovering each new thing I've found. I'm giving this game a 9 out of 10 only because there are a couple of punishing aspects to the game, that I think shouldn't exist in sandbox games: 1) Potions have a cooldown timer, and 2) Death reduces your armor (you can pay the nurse to get rid of this penalty, but it still feels harsh). These two things are the ONLY times I've ever thought "Hmm, not fun." when playing Terraria. Highly recommended, especially if you think you might like a combination of Minecraft + Metroid + Castlevania. It's even better when you play the multiplayer with a trusted friend. Well worth the ticket price of $9.99, if you're strapped for cash or looking for a really good deal, Steam routinely discounts it 50-75% off. Expand
  4. Aug 16, 2012
    guess what???? this game came out before minecraft, hahahahahaha stupid review trolls. for anyone that is putting off buying this game because its "a copy of minecraft" GO! buy it now! it's actually really, really good for a 2D game. For the people saying that "the graphics suck." its a 2D game, what did you expect??
    Please, just buy the game, it's very much worth your while
  5. Mar 5, 2013
    incredibly addicting. Even more addicting than binding of isaac. Points for longevity: 10/10
    I like how you can do what you want and in what order you want in this game. You can make better weapons, armor, guns etc. Gameplay: 10/10. Graphics are good. I think they could have been a little better but they are good enough: 8/10. Music and sounds are good but not great. 8/10. Ovreall still....
  6. Jul 21, 2013
    terraria is a great game, a 2d minecraft. terraria's inventory is gigantic for there is multiple weapons and miscellaneous. but this game can have some bugs, for instance I tried to summon one of the bosses (in night time) and he did not show up, probably car troubles. the world is gigantic for you can have small, medium, or large. with large it is huge it will take you a long time forterraria is a great game, a 2d minecraft. terraria's inventory is gigantic for there is multiple weapons and miscellaneous. but this game can have some bugs, for instance I tried to summon one of the bosses (in night time) and he did not show up, probably car troubles. the world is gigantic for you can have small, medium, or large. with large it is huge it will take you a long time for you to get to one end of the game to the other. terraria is a excellent game and worth it to buy. Expand
  7. Oct 15, 2013
    The problem with users reviewing is that they never take time to play the whole game. That said, this game is not a rip-off of Minecraft. Even Notch likes it, but oh no, reviewers never bother to gather information! If negative reviewers actually played the game, they would realize the game goes from 2D Minecraft to something more intense and much more varied. Not to mention there'sThe problem with users reviewing is that they never take time to play the whole game. That said, this game is not a rip-off of Minecraft. Even Notch likes it, but oh no, reviewers never bother to gather information! If negative reviewers actually played the game, they would realize the game goes from 2D Minecraft to something more intense and much more varied. Not to mention there's multiplayer, and the 2D CAN be invigorating to play with for some old-style recognition, and the music is just fun to hear. There are lots more monsters and items than in Minecraft, and much more bosses as well, giving more varied gameplay. Of course, with all this implemented, the world is limited and not infinitely generated, though it is indeed randomized each time you make a world. And with the current price of $2.50, it's essentially a must-buy. Heck, it's even a must-buy when it's $9.99. In short: more varied than Minecraft, less free than Minecraft, but is VERY different from Minecraft in general, if you get to actually know the game. Expand
  8. Feb 27, 2014
    Great exploration, great treasure-hunting, great combat, epic fights and a myriad of weapons make Terraria a true masterpiece. There is so much to do, even if all you decide to do is beat all the enemies. You can create or shape vast landscapes and housing, create artificial biomes and item farms, or just have fun beating the pulp out of enemies and bosses. I advise looking at the wikiGreat exploration, great treasure-hunting, great combat, epic fights and a myriad of weapons make Terraria a true masterpiece. There is so much to do, even if all you decide to do is beat all the enemies. You can create or shape vast landscapes and housing, create artificial biomes and item farms, or just have fun beating the pulp out of enemies and bosses. I advise looking at the wiki if you're new, in order to get some idea of what to do.

HUGE update with 1.2, completely FREE, improved so many aspects of the game and added great content. The developers genuinely care about their fan base. The game was only $2.50 on Steam sale and I played it over 200 hours single player.

My only complaint is that for multiplayer you have to type in each IP address to get onto the servers, would be a lot easier with a server list or quick-match option.
  9. Jun 19, 2011
    The game is good, however, the developers are complete moronic idiots to say the least. It is a shame that they took such a potential looking game, and turned it into a money making machine, not giving a damn about their users. For instance, they 'copyright claim' every negative review of the game on youtube. I got my account banned because I criticized their game for having poor replayThe game is good, however, the developers are complete moronic idiots to say the least. It is a shame that they took such a potential looking game, and turned it into a money making machine, not giving a damn about their users. For instance, they 'copyright claim' every negative review of the game on youtube. I got my account banned because I criticized their game for having poor replay value. (Which it does, once you reach the endgame)

For that reason, these developers do not deserve your 10$, go spend it on a game where the developers will actually care about their customers.
  10. Sep 11, 2011
    Don't be fooled, its not some minecraft rip-off with 2D graphics, its actually so diffirent that you might love it even if you hated minecraft, and otherwise. But here you have more stuff to do, other than just building.
  11. Jun 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game has absorbed more of my time than any other game for at least the last 2 years. It has beautiful pixel art, the platforming mechanics feel just right. I'm not hugely keen on the weapon swinging animations but they can be forgiven.

I like the Castlevania style gameplay and the fact that it has the random level generation of Spelunky which I also enjoyed. Obviously the Minecraft influence is strong but the result is a completely different feeling game which obviously takes influences from lots of different areas. To call it a rip off would be like calling every open world game with vehicles every made a Grand Theft Auto rip off. Absurd, I know!

I would definitely recommend giving this a chance. It feels a bit slow at first but there are so many weapons to find and so many gadgets to use that totally change the way that you play. From jetpacks to grappling hooks to guns and swords. There's also multiple boss fights and different biomes and lots of clothes and armour. The game is nowhere near finished either and new content is added to the game very frequently.

I'm actually appalled at some of the hate this game has garnered from Minecraft fans. I like Minecraft for very different reasons to Terraria. It plays in a very different way and you find yourself with very different aims in either game. there definitely tends to be more emphasis on building in Minecraft. I know Notch is a big fan of Terraria.
  12. Nov 30, 2011
    Vastly superior to Minecraft. More content, more fun, more things to do, and the developers aren't greedy. Plus the game is only 10 dollars and almost always on sale for 5.
  13. Jan 17, 2012
    Awesome game with friends. It is like metroid and minecraft smashed together into a fun little romp of fun. Play with friends !!! Not only does it allow the game to be easier, but it allows for other social benefits such as chuckling hysterically as your friend falls 400 feet into lava.
  14. Mar 12, 2012
    There's a lot of obvious parallels between Terarria and Minecraft, but Redigit's masterpiece achieves a much greater depth than Notch's effort. With a greater emphasis on combat and exploration, it's obvious from the start that Terraria is something truly unique. Fans of Castlevania will enjoy the gorgeous retro, pixelated 2D graphics. There truly is a huge amount of content, and withThere's a lot of obvious parallels between Terarria and Minecraft, but Redigit's masterpiece achieves a much greater depth than Notch's effort. With a greater emphasis on combat and exploration, it's obvious from the start that Terraria is something truly unique. Fans of Castlevania will enjoy the gorgeous retro, pixelated 2D graphics. There truly is a huge amount of content, and with regular updates this game is a steal at $10. Expand
  15. May 14, 2012
    At one point I liked this better than Minecraft. Not for the crafting or building that much as for the adventuring. The RPG elements were a big plus for it. But then the big update came and made me drop the game forever. Before the update if you wanted to be fast you got a shadow armor. You wanted to be strong you got a molten armor. The game was balanced. After the update they put threeAt one point I liked this better than Minecraft. Not for the crafting or building that much as for the adventuring. The RPG elements were a big plus for it. But then the big update came and made me drop the game forever. Before the update if you wanted to be fast you got a shadow armor. You wanted to be strong you got a molten armor. The game was balanced. After the update they put three new kinds of armor that made the old armors useless. The whole game now was about getting enough adamantite to make adamantite armor with your favorite helmet and that was all. After you made that armor the game was again a piece of cake and all other armors were just worse than your's. Before the update there were so many fun ways to play your character which were lost after the update. After the update you could combine most accessories and keep like double in quantity active on you so more customization options were lost since you can now hold practically all useful accessories at the same time instead of choosing a playstyle based on the few you could keep on you.

Most unbalancing update I've ever seen in a game. Would be 9/10 without this update. Would be 10/10 if the update managed to keep the balance instead of adding a few uber-items.
  16. Mar 26, 2013
    I just love this game, it was more than i was expecting. My friend who's name shall remain sufficient for now gifted me this game and i played it instantly since there is so much rave and talk about it. After the first hour of playing with my friend I was nearly addicted. If I were you I would play this game. It is only about 2.50 USD on steam. Enjoy
  17. Oct 29, 2013
    At first I thought everything was about MC (Mindcraft) I had no idea Terraria was even a game. I soon learned about it from watching Toby Turner (Tobuscus), but still never picked it up, or even both downloading it for free. While tones of of my friends still played MC a few started playing it. Then it got to the point where one of my friend gave me a free copy they had and I tried it outAt first I thought everything was about MC (Mindcraft) I had no idea Terraria was even a game. I soon learned about it from watching Toby Turner (Tobuscus), but still never picked it up, or even both downloading it for free. While tones of of my friends still played MC a few started playing it. Then it got to the point where one of my friend gave me a free copy they had and I tried it out once still didn't like it that much. That when I was still so heavy into MC that I though all other games like MC where not worth playing.

one of my friends a few months later then asked if we can play Terraria and like always I said idk its not as good as MC, but I still said i would give it a shot. He helped me throw out the game teaching me how to play and what to do and what not to do and ever since that day I kind of am hooked on it. I went back on MC about 10 days later and was this doesn't feel the same anymore. Way to go u won a place in my heart.
  18. Oct 29, 2013
    Terraria is the second best game I've played, first being MC. Terraria is an amazingly enchanting game, it got my interest since I was finding an awesome game in my computer. anyways, thanks for your awesome game, Andrew "Redigit" Spinks!
  19. Dec 7, 2013
    Frankly one of the best games on Steam. Contrary to popular belief, it has little to do with Minecraft; Minecraft is a building game with some adventure elements, whereas Terraria is an adventure game with some building elements. Much more so than the building, exploring is the key of Terraria, with actually fun gameplay (unlike Minecraft) and progression galore. Best played with friends,Frankly one of the best games on Steam. Contrary to popular belief, it has little to do with Minecraft; Minecraft is a building game with some adventure elements, whereas Terraria is an adventure game with some building elements. Much more so than the building, exploring is the key of Terraria, with actually fun gameplay (unlike Minecraft) and progression galore. Best played with friends, but it's still serviceable in single player. Also recently got a major content update, with more on the way. Heartily recommended to anyone who's up for some Metroidvania-ish gameplay. Expand
  20. Jun 2, 2014
    When you first time play this, you will probably lost time sense for couple of days. It will be very hard to stop playing this flawless game. Giving this game 9 out of 10 because it has no endgame, but I hope developers will work on it. They support this game with patches, promised to add achievements and start adding some quests. Looking forward to play this game another 500 hours afterWhen you first time play this, you will probably lost time sense for couple of days. It will be very hard to stop playing this flawless game. Giving this game 9 out of 10 because it has no endgame, but I hope developers will work on it. They support this game with patches, promised to add achievements and start adding some quests. Looking forward to play this game another 500 hours after some big content patch. Expand
  21. Jun 5, 2014
    Get a group of friends, build things, adventure, and fight things. It's a great game. I only gave it a 9 because every once and a while your friends won't all be on the same page, and you can have some boring spells, also connecting everyone together is sometimes a huge pain, hamachi can be flaky sometimes. In general it's pretty addicting though, and has so many different things you can do.
  22. Oct 26, 2014
    I was genuinely surprised at how much I found myself enjoying this. The combat is a total joy, the controls are solid, exploration is fun with the numerous biomes, building is fun and very customizable (if a little hard), it's got a very nice style (being one of the VERY few games that's managed to make retro graphics look good), and there's a lot of ways to customize your appearance, fromI was genuinely surprised at how much I found myself enjoying this. The combat is a total joy, the controls are solid, exploration is fun with the numerous biomes, building is fun and very customizable (if a little hard), it's got a very nice style (being one of the VERY few games that's managed to make retro graphics look good), and there's a lot of ways to customize your appearance, from some awesome looking armor sets to vanity clothing that pays homage to other games (one of my best moments was finding out that you could get clothing to look like the Ice Climbers. Don't judge me pls).

My only real problem with the game is that like many other sandbox games it gets old after a while. That, and new players are going to find their inital experience somewhat confusing. However, if you're looking for a new time sink, you can't do much better than Terraria.
  23. Jan 1, 2015
    I see nothing wrong with this game.

It does lack tutorials, but not many games have that now adays. And anyways, you have the guide, which helps you check what you can craft with this certain item. The lack of tutorial is actually a good thing to me, it makes exploring and seeing what I can use this new material I got for really enjoyable. All-in-all this is my favourite game of ALL
    I see nothing wrong with this game.

All-in-all this is my favourite game of ALL TIME. While the second is awesomenauts.
    I very heavily suggest you to try this game. Especially if you like survival games or have a friend who has the game as well (two player is amazing, though it's sadly difficult to make a server). After you finish the game once, and start getting bored. Just take a break from the game, maybe 3-4 months or so, and then you will be able to feel the full joy from the game again, discluding the exploring part.
  24. Mar 11, 2015
    When I first purchased Terraria originally, I was only doing so to play with a few friends elsewhere, and wasn't expecting much from this game, aside from what others had described, which was essentially "2D Minecraft." These words really couldn't be further from the truth, or rather, barely even scratch the surface of what Terraria is, or can be to someone with a creative mind.

It's a

It's a metroidvania. It's a platformer. It's a city builder. It's a blank canvas. It's a social experience. Each of these descriptors can be used on this game and each is accurate. You choose a character, a world, a world size, and a difficulty. Your first nights will be spent scraping together resources to get a shelter up to shield yourself from the undead menace that comes spilling out each night, and finding ways to expand your operations, tools, weapons, and building materials.

There's tons of distinct weapons, ores, tools, armors, magic rods, spellbooks, vanity costumes, furniture and furnishings, and NPCs that arrive as you expand your home, allow you to purchase even more items. Each serves a purpose, as you battle the creeping Crimson or Corrupt biomes that grow each day, in an attempt to completely corrupt and change your world.

A note on biomes: each time you generate a world to play in, random biomes are chosen, depending on the size, each biome has unique wildlife, plants, drops and resources you can gather, ranging from jungles, snow, beaches, deserts, forests, corruption, crimson, the hallows, etc. Over these, random sky islands also hide, waiting for you to explore them. Under each one? Ores, more unique monsters/wild life and random caves/caverns or even dungeons, secret hiding spots with hidden treasures and treasure chests.

Think that surviving the corruption and building is all this game offers? Not quite. There's also massive boss battles and triggered events, like battling goblin armies, and a plethora of other things that words won't allow me to express. The kicker is that there's still another update coming, which will offer even more content. I have 400+ hours in and I still pick it up and play it rather frequently.
  25. May 1, 2015
    Game of Terraria is also selling it is a high degree of freedom, but a battle is very colorful, often the update also has many things going is added, it is very interesting content that can be enjoyed on more than price.
    Also there are some Mod, it is very good game so you can enjoy There is also to forget the time that you can also be enjoyed as an RPG.
  26. Jul 12, 2011
    This game is much more than a rehash of Minecraft. Less emphasis is placed on construction, and more is placed on exploration and actual gameplay. The difficulty scales well for anybody from casual players to the more hardcore, and the game rewards thoughtful building to protect yourself from enemies.
  27. Jun 20, 2011
    This game is incredibly amazing. I can't even believe it's 10 dollars. It's extremely addictive and filled with hours of fun, whether you play it alone or with friends. The game goes from zombies to giant worms to flying eye balls and tons of other unique npcs to different places to explore, such as dungeons, jungles, and other places you will find on your adventure. The game is filledThis game is incredibly amazing. I can't even believe it's 10 dollars. It's extremely addictive and filled with hours of fun, whether you play it alone or with friends. The game goes from zombies to giant worms to flying eye balls and tons of other unique npcs to different places to explore, such as dungeons, jungles, and other places you will find on your adventure. The game is filled with tons of different items, giving you a whole mess of items to craft and provide different ways to play the game making it possible to engage into battle as melee, range, or even a mage. The devs will also be adding new things to the game over time as well, which adds tons of replay ability to the game. Terraria is a must have. Expand
  28. Jun 21, 2011
    Terraria is by far one of the best 2-D-survival, role-playing, side-scrolling games I have ever bought on Steam, and I've been playing it for 123 hours now. You can consider it to be a 2-D version of Minecraft, but it's not. It was built on the same concept, perhaps, but despite Terraria's limitations in graphics, it has so much potential beyond Minecraft. Randomly generated worlds thatTerraria is by far one of the best 2-D-survival, role-playing, side-scrolling games I have ever bought on Steam, and I've been playing it for 123 hours now. You can consider it to be a 2-D version of Minecraft, but it's not. It was built on the same concept, perhaps, but despite Terraria's limitations in graphics, it has so much potential beyond Minecraft. Randomly generated worlds that are small, medium or large; interesting, and almost seeming endless, exploration; online multiplayer; NPC's that move into your homes which you can buy stuff from them and/or sell it; infinite durability for tools and weapons; only losing your coins when you die; all the items you have for your own character get transferred; crafting potions and acquiring a numerous variety of weapons, clothing and other accessories; fighting challenging enemies and bosses; and so much more. This game is on beta version 1.0.4 and the new update which is 1.0.5 is going to add even more content. There have been rumors that the price may increase as more content is added. Overall, it has been the best $10 ever spent for a game so far, so if any of you have an extra $10 in your Paypal account and/or credit/debit card, make an account on Steam if you haven't and buy it now! You will not be disappointed. Expand
  29. Jun 22, 2011
    Oh, hey, look, it's Minecraft in 2D.

Oh, hey, look, it's Minecraft in 2D.

...Nah, I'm just f*ckin' with ya. Terraria plays more like Castlevania with generous sprinklings of Minecraft and old Final Fantasy sprites. In order to get them out of the way, I'll start with the negatives, because I felt that they were few and far between. First off, there are certain items that require vigorous "farming" to get, but that can't really be avoided, because otherwise it would devalue those items, several of which are incredibly useful. Secondly, the game doesn't support modding quite so well, though I've heard talk that the developers intend to. I certainly hope so. A game like this, with its simplistic sprite design and easy-to-understand mechanics, seems like a breeding ground for wonderful user content beyond all the pretty structures you'll be spending hours building after you finally get those rocket boots.

Now, on to the positive. Terraria blends the building, mining, crafting, murdering elements of Minecraft with the dungeoneering, loot-gathering, potion-spamming goodness of Symphony of the Night, though it lacks quite as much diversity in creatures. I blame that on the size of the studio, though. While I have yet to play the multiplayer, the single player progression is rewarding and challenging. You'll fight your first boss, be terrified, probably die a lot, then come back later and laugh in its face as you stomp it into the dust with your shiny new weapon, crafted from the crushed dreams of a planet-devouring worm. Feels good, man.

The game lacks any tangible level-up system, instead allowing players to upgrade mana and health through specific items found while exploring, and upgrading damage resistance with armor crafted from ores found exploring. It's very much one long spelunking trip with loads more violence -- anything that dies breaks into vaguely recognizable chunks of its sprite. Gross. The sprites themselves, however, are very reminiscent of old Final Fantasy games, though I wouldn't count this against it. I nostalgia'd pretty hard. Even the NPCs have memorable sprites and distinct personalities, given the few lines they have. I think I may be switching persons, a grammarian party foul, but players will also very much enjoy crafting their own little village for the NPCs, as they will only move in when you've built them a cozy little home to nestle into.

I think I've covered the major points I needed to. For ten bucks, this game's a pretty good value. Were a barrel of miniature simians readily available for comparison, I'm sure it would come out on top. I could build a better barrel anyway. Out of Hellstone. Filled with Fire Imps.
  30. Jun 22, 2011
    Terraria is an interesting game with many similarities with another game called Minecraft.
    The game its self offers a very retro 2D plat former feel with the diversity and flexibility of a sandbox type game.
    It has a crafting systems with a lot of different items and things that can be created, dungeons, monsters , bosses, treasure and rare items.. all the makings of an interesting world to explore and advance in, but this is not for everyone.

I have friends who like Minecraft but not Terraria but also the other way around, each to their own as they say.
    Personally I have not invested a lot of time in the game but the time I have spent has been well worth it, if you have no issues with sandbox games then you will quickly find your self digging a little more to the early hours of the morning and then freaking out because you have 2hrs to sleep and get ready for work.

All in all, while the game is not for everyone, it is cheaper then lunch and well worth a try if you are looking for something a little different.
  31. Jun 23, 2011
    Terraria is a good deal. For an Indy game its has excellent replay value.
    Yeah you can compare it to minecraft in its mechanics, but its a rather weird comparison. The updates provide extra content, it is a fun multiplayer co-op and pvp. The Graphics are what they are... retro. The gameplay is fun, and yes it can wear thin... but updates keep it interesting enough.
    I give it a 9 because
    Terraria is a good deal. For an Indy game its has excellent replay value.
    I give it a 9 because its very sandboxy, you can build stuff, you can create stuff and it isnt a huge burden on todays computers. The Bosses provide some insanely tense moments. It's bound to become a 10 as it gets updated with newer features.
  32. Jun 23, 2011
    This was the first game I was excited to play in a long time. I really enjoyed Minecraft, I was still playing it when my friends wanted me to pick up Terraria. They told me, "It's like Minecraft, but 2D!" I was a very skeptical person, so I told them I didn't want to spend the money. I was wrong, this game was simple love.

The graphics are very friendly and colorful. They evoke

The graphics are very friendly and colorful. They evoke emotion and really speak about what's going on in the game. The graphics aren't anything high end, but the graphics of this game really augment the gameplay.

The music is pretty catchy and almost always captures the mood of what's going on. My only concern is the re-use of certain tracks, but it's no big deal because almost all of the music is pretty good.

The gameplay is tons of fun, Terraria is easy to pick up and dive into. The multiplayer and single player playstyles are both fun. Single player provides a fair bit of progression that will keep you entertained for hours. Multiplayer is especially fun with a few friends. Get together, dig some holes, fight some bosses, kill each other with lava, and go have some simple fun.

I have one killer that pulled this score away from a 10, there's not enough to do in the game! There needs to be more content! I ran out of stuff to do after a couple of weeks of avid play. The game developers are releasing somewhat regular content patches, over time I'm sure the game will expand nicely.

Here's the quick rundown: Terraria is a simple game that is a lot of fun. The sounds and graphics are quirky and emotional, the gameplay is a lot of fun that will last you a decent chunk of time, but there isn't much content right now, once you run out there isn't much to do. On a 1-100 scale I would give this game a 92.
  33. Jun 24, 2011
    Amazing game. Well made and coded and allows it to expand almost limitlessly and in which ever direction the Terraria community desires. So far they have listened and done just that and I am happy to say it is my favourite game and comes highly recommended for those who like Minecraft but with more action involved.
  34. Jun 24, 2011
    This game proves that 2D gaming is still alive and can still provide a fun gaming experience. Sure the game seems to steal from other build and create games, but this game has just enough unique content in its adventuring sections to make it seem like a breath of fresh air from other similar titles. It has a wide array of things to do past the initial mine and build formula. While not asThis game proves that 2D gaming is still alive and can still provide a fun gaming experience. Sure the game seems to steal from other build and create games, but this game has just enough unique content in its adventuring sections to make it seem like a breath of fresh air from other similar titles. It has a wide array of things to do past the initial mine and build formula. While not as deep as some would like this game is the kind that you can spend a lot of time on perfecting a building or fighting monsters. Expand
  35. Jun 25, 2011
    I've only played this a little at a friend's house, but so far it is amazing. Everyone who says this is a "2d Minecraft ripoff" is a complete idiot. So they are both made of blocks, and they both have similar tools. But Minecraft is more of a creative game with less emphasis on survival and exploration, whereas in Terraria you build to protect yourself and not just for the sake ofI've only played this a little at a friend's house, but so far it is amazing. Everyone who says this is a "2d Minecraft ripoff" is a complete idiot. So they are both made of blocks, and they both have similar tools. But Minecraft is more of a creative game with less emphasis on survival and exploration, whereas in Terraria you build to protect yourself and not just for the sake of building. It also puts more focus on the adventuring aspect, encouraging you to go out and find new things rather than staying in the same general area. Also, the addition of NPCs gives Terraria a hint of RPG that Minecraft doesn't have (That's not to say it's bad, just that that's one part Mojang decided not to put in their game. But this review is about Terarria anyway, so who cares.) In short, the two are completely different games.
    Now, if you are griping about the graphics, then I must assume you are twelve years old and don't have the maturity to realize that you are supposed to PLAY a game. If you want to WATCH something because it LOOKS good, that's what movies are for. And just because this game doesn't look like Call of Duty or StarCraft 2 doesn't make it bad. And also, even if the game looked like ****, as long as the graphics aren't so confusing and/or poor quality that it detracts from your ability to preform as a player, then it shouldn't matter. And if you say the graphics are stolen, then you are simply flaming with no evidence to back your statement up. And in a game where most graphics are a small, low-resolutuion, retro-RPG-style sprite, it's not hard to accidentally make something similar to another game.
    And criticizing the music is even more of a boneheaded thing than criticizing the graphics. I mean, I personally like it but if you don't, there are things called the "volume key" and the "options menu," in which you can turn things like that off. Incredible, I know.
    The clunky controls are hard to back up, but I suppose nothing is perfect. Same thing with the game speed in the beginning. Please note that I said "in the beginning," because after you have been going for a while things will start to seem to become faster by a combination of getting better tools and simply getting used to it. They could have made it a bit quicker to get going but it's still not as bad as some other games I have seen.
    And, don't just take it from me. There are plenty of professional, well-known gamers (TotalBiscuit for one) who would also back this and other, similar games up in the fight against shallow-minded graphics hounds
  36. Jun 25, 2011
    I bought this game thinking I would regret this purchase, thinking it was another Minecraft knockoff, but as I skeptically beat off slimes and trees, I slowly got drawn in to the game-play, and eventually realized, it isn't Minecraft, it is a whole new game. New depths and even more content then Minecraft lead it to be one of my most played games. If I have free time and my laptop, I'll beI bought this game thinking I would regret this purchase, thinking it was another Minecraft knockoff, but as I skeptically beat off slimes and trees, I slowly got drawn in to the game-play, and eventually realized, it isn't Minecraft, it is a whole new game. New depths and even more content then Minecraft lead it to be one of my most played games. If I have free time and my laptop, I'll be playing Terraria. This game is a great addition to a seasoned Minecrafter's game library, as a companion, and competitor game. Expand
  37. Jun 25, 2011
    Of course many are offering this experience as a cheap knock-off of Minecraft's success, when in fact, its a powerhouse of an indie game, and surpasses Minecraft's core experiences by far. At most, similarities found in the games are their crafting systems and the possibility of some freeform building, which differ greatly when comparing both expieriences. But by offering an intense 2DOf course many are offering this experience as a cheap knock-off of Minecraft's success, when in fact, its a powerhouse of an indie game, and surpasses Minecraft's core experiences by far. At most, similarities found in the games are their crafting systems and the possibility of some freeform building, which differ greatly when comparing both expieriences. But by offering an intense 2D sandbox expierience that offers a multitude of mobs, an old-school RPG expierience, tons of biomes with secrets located in the skies and underground, and an evergrowing slew of updates providing diverse new items, power-ups, weapons, and enemies, Terraria delivers with astounding gameplay that still leaves me addicted to this date. Re-Logic, well done. Expand
  38. Jun 26, 2011
    Terraria is a creative and addicting game. Ive put about 25 hours into it now and I am still hooked. At 10 bucks you just cant beat that. Where do I begin........it reminds me a lot of zelda except with many more items to find which is one of the reasons it is so addictive. Playing with friends is a blast and the developers add content consistantly for free. I have not played mineTerraria is a creative and addicting game. Ive put about 25 hours into it now and I am still hooked. At 10 bucks you just cant beat that. Where do I begin........it reminds me a lot of zelda except with many more items to find which is one of the reasons it is so addictive. Playing with friends is a blast and the developers add content consistantly for free. I have not played mine craft and some people think this is a rip off of that game. All I know is this game is really good and has a lot of heart. I would have given the game a 10 if it wasn't for the confusing multiplayer set up process. As far as I know you have to open ports on your network and a few other things to play with friends. This game needs some simple match making and it would be perfect and more accessible. I got around this by using a program called Himatchi which let me connect to my friend. If you are an old school action rpg fan this game is for you. If you are a fan of zelda and can deal with throw back graphics then buy this game right now. A true gem in a sea of big budget garbage games that are being churned out these days. Expand
  39. Jun 26, 2011
    What originally seemed like a game that plays itself off of the minecraft crowd, is now nothing like it. with graphics that will easly run on most PCs and a 2D landscape it resembles that of SNES platformers. It is a game you can pick up and play and not get bored easily. Like minecraft, you find what you want to do and by the end, with most powerful weapons in hand, you still keepWhat originally seemed like a game that plays itself off of the minecraft crowd, is now nothing like it. with graphics that will easly run on most PCs and a 2D landscape it resembles that of SNES platformers. It is a game you can pick up and play and not get bored easily. Like minecraft, you find what you want to do and by the end, with most powerful weapons in hand, you still keep playing. weither its building a tower or a giant **** and balls, this game will hold your attention. The developers are updating and adding new content so there is always something to get later even if you have everything. Fun mulitplayer with PvP possible or co-op. Fight your friends or journey into the bowls of the land. It is a must have. Expand
  40. Jun 27, 2011
    I haven't been this engrossed in a single player experience since the first Diablo came out when I was 13. It's the kind of game you think about when you're not playing.
  41. Jun 28, 2011
    "8"Awesome game. Not gonna give 10 since it is "perfect" and nearly no games are perfect but still HIGH 9. Devs are awesome, even i see many negative who say they suck etc. since they update game often with good updates, unlike minecraft. Game has similarities as minecraft, but MC is building game and Terraria is adventure mainly and some building involved, not much mainly houses for NPC"8"Awesome game. Not gonna give 10 since it is "perfect" and nearly no games are perfect but still HIGH 9. Devs are awesome, even i see many negative who say they suck etc. since they update game often with good updates, unlike minecraft. Game has similarities as minecraft, but MC is building game and Terraria is adventure mainly and some building involved, not much mainly houses for NPC 's and possibly farms and stuff like that. Terraria has many weapons, armors, special items,spells, buff potions etc. Terraria is kinda like minecraft in graphs, both unique, not great but that is how it should be, except MC has texture packs. And the new guide is actually HELPFUL when he tells crafting recipes (kinda). And also monsters, that are very many different. Well i got bored to this game after MANY awesome hours since had collected every items, killed every boss 10 times, except skeletron and now start playing again and find many new items, new monster new biome and all that just in what, 1-1,5 month when minecraft would have given possibly a map and some random tiny things and bug fixes.

Now if u still think Terraria is ripoff from Minecraft, let me say 1 thing. Stuff that Terraria has and Minecraft has are REAL items and materials like sand dirt stone etc. so materials aren't ripoff, then gameplay. 2d and 3d tiny different and then bigger BUILDING and ADVENTURE. Minecraft is mainly building and Terraria some building but mainly adventure. And I like both Minecraft and Terraria A LOT and cost only ~25â
  42. Jun 30, 2011
    Let me start by saying that the first time i saw this game i said "pff it's a minecraft copy in 2d"
    then my cousin started playing and told me to start too so i thought "meh lets try it"
    yeah its basicly the same kind of game but if u think in that way quake was a copy of doom, the difference is where the game has been improved and i say it has improved a lot, there is so much more to
    the difference is where the game has been improved and i say it has improved a lot, there is so much more to do, they took the idea of minecraft and improved it a lot, there are random events like goblin army, blood moon rising, etc, that improved the game in so many ways that it's worth your time and money
  43. Jul 6, 2011
    A little slow for the first couple hours. But if you are a fan of nostalgia Squaresoft RPGs / Metroid / Castlevania series with a minecraft building system this game eventually evolves into an absolutely amazing experience. With random generating worlds and co-op, its one of the best gaming deals around.
  44. Jul 7, 2011
    This is an great game the devs put a lot of work into making it feel as old school as possible. the music, the sprites and the level design, or well the level generating. if you like mine craft and thing this is just that but 2D this is in no way the case it has building/ crafting elements but is no way modeled after MC. The game is far more based on action, fighting , and loot. I can notThis is an great game the devs put a lot of work into making it feel as old school as possible. the music, the sprites and the level design, or well the level generating. if you like mine craft and thing this is just that but 2D this is in no way the case it has building/ crafting elements but is no way modeled after MC. The game is far more based on action, fighting , and loot. I can not help but see all the flaming going on in these reviews and i must say that they sound more sad then any thing. i get that mine craft is a great game, but just because a game lets you build...does not make it mine craft. if you are finding it hard differentiate between these two and are unhappy that the game does not hold your hand and tell you how to be good at the game. maybe you would be better off playing a title by EA... Expand
  45. Jul 14, 2011
    When Terraria was released, I passed. I kept seeing ads and still passed. It wasn't until I saw what people were making in the game (i.e. Super Mario and Bowser Pixel Art) and saw a video of Toby Turner playing that I decided to pay $10 for it on Steam. I started playing at around 9pm. It is now 3am and I just stopped for the night; although it took great effort to stop. Here is theWhen Terraria was released, I passed. I kept seeing ads and still passed. It wasn't until I saw what people were making in the game (i.e. Super Mario and Bowser Pixel Art) and saw a video of Toby Turner playing that I decided to pay $10 for it on Steam. I started playing at around 9pm. It is now 3am and I just stopped for the night; although it took great effort to stop. Here is the layout: A random world generates from the size you choose (small, medium, large). You start with the basics tools and set off to spelunk in a 2D platform game that seems to have endless depth. The difficultly increases the deeper you go, reminding me a little of Dante's Inferno. It has a definitely feel of Castlevania 2, with the night bringing worse creatures and a curse. So, you fight off the monsters while trying to explore deeper and deeper. What you don't realize is that you have built a town from the mud, sticks, and stone. This brings a nurse and a merchant at first. Only when you have crafted your first golden sword do you realize that you are addicted. You must go deeper to see what else lies in wait. What treasure will you find? What heights will you build to? *sigh* Sorrowfully, I have to work tomorrow and this game will be in my dreams. Simple, yet it is only limited by your willingness to explore and by your imagination to build. This has so much depth for such a simple little game. Expand
  46. Jul 16, 2011
    Many people complain that this game is a complete ripoff off Minecraft but even notch himself likes this game!
    Thus if it werent for notch this game wouldnt have become as well known as it is :)
    Ok back to the game: The game has very similiar building basics like Minecraft but thats the ONLY thing in Terraria u will find is similiar (except for zombies at night) Terraria is more like an
    Terraria is more like an adventure game version of Minecraft. So if you're thinking about buying the game just for building in it i don't think you should buy it so buy Minecraft instead. Terraria just like Minecraft isn't a full game yet so if you buy it look forward to updates and new things being added and make sure to play Terraria with lots of friends. The more the merrier
  47. Jul 17, 2011
    A work in progress drawing elements from minecraft (and a few others), BUT an AWESOME and unique game in it's own right.

I bought this game immediately upon release, loaded it up, built a house, killed some stuff, figured it was a cute minecraft rip-off in 2D, and left it alone. It wasn't until a few weeks later that I gave it another shot after watching a trailer for the 1.0.5 patch. At first glance, it definitely has alot in common with minecraft. You start out with only some basic tools, have to gather resources, avoid or fight enemies, build a shelter and survive your first night. Eventually you will improve on your house and begin to mine deeper and deeper underground to find rarer and better resources, dungeons, and whatever. Sound familiar? BUT WAIT! Terraria takes off in a different direction with NPC's who move into your home, epic bosses, events such as goblin invasions, magic spells, different sets of armor with bonuses, grappling hooks, unique weapon drops and rocket boots. Mmmm, rocket boots. If anything, Terraria is a wonderful combination of minecraft-diablo-lode runner-worms. Point is, it's amazing. Like I said however, it is a work in progress (like minecraft) so don't expect a completed game. I sunk hours upon hours into Terraria and am now waiting for some juicy new content. And that's another thing - the Terraria developers seem to be much more active than Mojang are with minecraft. Also, I recommend finding a friend(s) to play coop with to get the most out of it, though you won't lose out playing alone.
    Seriously, it's $10. Just do it.
  48. Jul 19, 2011
    When I first laid my eyes on this game I didn't think of it as a Minecraft clone at all. The trailer really made me interested, it looked more like an adventure, RPG game than a Minecraft copy. Terraria is exactly that - Adventure. Despite what a lot says about Terraria is being a Minecraft clone, I almost 100 percent disagree. Sure they are a like when it comes to some parts of the game,When I first laid my eyes on this game I didn't think of it as a Minecraft clone at all. The trailer really made me interested, it looked more like an adventure, RPG game than a Minecraft copy. Terraria is exactly that - Adventure. Despite what a lot says about Terraria is being a Minecraft clone, I almost 100 percent disagree. Sure they are a like when it comes to some parts of the game, but that's just required for this type of genre. Battlefield and Call of Duty is even more clones than Minecraft and Terraria.

Terraria is a Wonderful, amazing game that will bring you a lot of pleasure if you are into adventuring. During my, so far, 200 hours of game-play - I have never felt bored, even if I was doing the same thing for hours.
  49. Jul 20, 2011
    You may be thinking that this is just a crappy copy of the best downloadable game on the market Minecraft but how wrong you are. Terrarria is fantastic unlike Minecraft Terrarria has an RPG side to it so stuff building houses head underground and get some gear. It looks pretty good not the best 2D platformer graphics though. The music puts you into such a tranquil snake as your miningYou may be thinking that this is just a crappy copy of the best downloadable game on the market Minecraft but how wrong you are. Terrarria is fantastic unlike Minecraft Terrarria has an RPG side to it so stuff building houses head underground and get some gear. It looks pretty good not the best 2D platformer graphics though. The music puts you into such a tranquil snake as your mining fighting beasties or even taking on giant eyes. It's undeniably fun and it is only 9.99 what a bargain. Expand
  50. Jul 21, 2011
    Great game minecraft and this game are about the same terraria is way better though fun with my friends. Its very fun because my friends and i love the merchants the npcs (the guide stinks) well becaues its something that minecraft doesnt have and a 2d game like terraria does which is pretty freaking cool you no. also this game deserves a 10 because guns are pretty awsome and you can getGreat game minecraft and this game are about the same terraria is way better though fun with my friends. Its very fun because my friends and i love the merchants the npcs (the guide stinks) well becaues its something that minecraft doesnt have and a 2d game like terraria does which is pretty freaking cool you no. also this game deserves a 10 because guns are pretty awsome and you can get that in terraria sounds cool its really well worth it you should really go get it. Expand
  51. Jul 23, 2011
    Good game, i got this on a bargain offer through steam, like £1.75. its a good fun sandbox game. i know its early in the game's life but it does need some more features, monsters, npcs, crafting recipes and secrets. the dev says there is more features to come and they will be free
  52. Jul 26, 2011
    When i first looked at the trailers of Terraria, i thought "aww c'mon, its just a copy of minecraft", but then after sometime i decided to try the game out, and then i bought it, and i must say i got surprised, this game has soo much to offer, and there is soo much to do, that's its completely unbelievable, i can play for hours and hours, and it just doesn't get boring, the trailers mightWhen i first looked at the trailers of Terraria, i thought "aww c'mon, its just a copy of minecraft", but then after sometime i decided to try the game out, and then i bought it, and i must say i got surprised, this game has soo much to offer, and there is soo much to do, that's its completely unbelievable, i can play for hours and hours, and it just doesn't get boring, the trailers might look boring, but you have to play a game like this judge it, and it only costs 10$, that is the best game i have bought for a long time, and its definitely worth it. i have also played minecraft, but this game is just overall more addictive and fun in my oppinion. Expand
  53. Jul 27, 2011
    My first impression of this game was not great at all. Graphics wise the game is the most unappealing of all the games I am currently playing, but the simplistic nature of the graphics is what makes it so great. It bring back old memories of past 2D platform games that were just as great as this one. Not only can you enjoy the good times in Terraria, but you can also get creative andMy first impression of this game was not great at all. Graphics wise the game is the most unappealing of all the games I am currently playing, but the simplistic nature of the graphics is what makes it so great. It bring back old memories of past 2D platform games that were just as great as this one. Not only can you enjoy the good times in Terraria, but you can also get creative and create your own worlds. From PVP Arenas to giant fortresses fending off hordes of zombies, the amount of creativity that can be produced in this game is almost limitless. On another note many compare this game to MineCraft. These two games although they share similar aspects, they are different and have their own sparks. MineCraft is pointed more towards construction and dimensions and isn't much of an adventure game whereas Terraria is, and I'd have to choose Terraria over MineCraft anyday. Expand
  54. Jul 31, 2011
    I originally had the opinion that this was a Minecraft ripoff at first sight. Then I bought it, and found out that the game has a nostalgic, 2d-retro platforming style combined with all the things we love about MC. I still prefer Minecraft, but go ahead and buy this if you like MC, are looking for an adventure game, or just want to have a good time in general.
  55. Aug 1, 2011
    Terraria is brilliant to say the least. Never before has a 2D universe held so much complexity and exploration possibilities as Terraria. It is unfair to compare Terraria to Minecraft. The only thing they actually have in common is that you can build stuff and that stuff comes to kill you at night. But you can also build stuff in Zoo Tycoon or fight stuff at night in Stronghold etc. So itTerraria is brilliant to say the least. Never before has a 2D universe held so much complexity and exploration possibilities as Terraria. It is unfair to compare Terraria to Minecraft. The only thing they actually have in common is that you can build stuff and that stuff comes to kill you at night. But you can also build stuff in Zoo Tycoon or fight stuff at night in Stronghold etc. So it is unfair at least to say that Terraria is nothing but a mindless rip-off. Personally i prefer the adventure, exploration style of it over Minecraft which in my opinion gets dull really fast. Since when did you last time get in a boss-fight with a giant flying eye, dug you way to a vast underground jungle or purified a corrupted desert in Minecraft? As cheap as it is, Terraria is a must-have, whether you like adventuring or just being creative, everyone, even my 9-year old sister, can find something entertaining to do, and as friends join the fun it gets even more enjoyable. I've played Terraria way more than any of those Indie-Games i from time to time stumble over on Steam, and i can only say that i even played Terraria more than both Civilization V and Total War: Shogun 2 together, though i think those were mild disappointments but that a review for another time. Just get the hell out there and buy Terraria. Expand
  56. Aug 7, 2011
    Terraria - Ah, What To Say.... Simply The Best, Always Growing And Adding New Things. This Game Is Wonderful And I Cant Wait To See What It Blooms Into.
  57. Aug 8, 2011
    I didn't like Minecraft at all, because it was only sandbox, with occasional NPC's to harass you. Friend of mine recommended Terraria, and i bought it from Steam sale, it cost less than 5â
  58. Aug 8, 2011
    Everything I wanted out of Minecraft and more, Don't be fooled by the 2D graphics, this game doesn't need the third dimension to give a brilliant gaming experience. I got a good 50 hours out of this game in my first few weeks of playing, easily worth the small sum I paid for it. The developers are constantly working on new updates, so this game should keep giving for a while still!
  59. Aug 10, 2011
    This is one of the few games that you start playing, and before you know it, daybreak arrives. It appeals to many people with it's 2D art style, RPG elements, platforming, resource collecting through mining for stone and ores, chopping trees down for wood which you can use to create what your heart desires. For that alone builders and artists will love Terraria. Terraria's soundtrack isThis is one of the few games that you start playing, and before you know it, daybreak arrives. It appeals to many people with it's 2D art style, RPG elements, platforming, resource collecting through mining for stone and ores, chopping trees down for wood which you can use to create what your heart desires. For that alone builders and artists will love Terraria. Terraria's soundtrack is incredibly soothing containing themes that fit the mood of the environment you are currently in whether you are deep underground, outside in the daylight, or fighting against monsters at night. Controls are very simple to pick up. Overall, Terraria is a great game and deserves to be placed high on the pedestal. At It's price Terraria is a total steal. You will not be disappointed especially if you are fond of Metroidvania type games. Expand
  60. Aug 10, 2011
    Ok, after 173 hours of playing Terraria, I'm still coming back for more. Redigit and his crew at Re-logic did a good job working this. With constant patches to improve npc AI and items, the game keeps getting better. After five months of development, they released a good game. I watched PaperbatVG's videos of this game before it came out, and that probably gave me a better idea on how toOk, after 173 hours of playing Terraria, I'm still coming back for more. Redigit and his crew at Re-logic did a good job working this. With constant patches to improve npc AI and items, the game keeps getting better. After five months of development, they released a good game. I watched PaperbatVG's videos of this game before it came out, and that probably gave me a better idea on how to play it. You people who are giving it bad reviews, try to think of something better to do that just attack the game or it's developers. You could perhaps write something to help improve it if Re-logic saw it. Expand
  61. Aug 18, 2011
    Graphics aren't everything in a game, and Terraria is living proof. It's a 2D platformer-sandbox-builder-explorer type game. For the person who likes to explore rather than build, there are dungeons to loot, bosses to fight, and even more things. The best thing: It's not even done yet. More items, bosses, enemies, and locations are patched in, so you can keep discovering new things.
  62. Aug 20, 2011
    One of the most fun games to come out in a long time. Simple , creative , exciting and fun ! Theres lots of room for improvements and implementations here but Terraria proves that you dont need great graphics to make a memorable game and is well worth the 15 bucks. I recommend to anyone.
  63. Aug 21, 2011
    I'll be honest, I jumped into Terraria expecting an experience similar to Mojang's Minecraft. What I got, however, was something bigger and, in some ways, better. Terraria is only really similar to Minecraft due to the crafting system, which is a bit more in depth in Terraria. Whilst stone is quite vital in Minecraft, it's all but useless in Terraria, aside from one or two uses, whilstI'll be honest, I jumped into Terraria expecting an experience similar to Mojang's Minecraft. What I got, however, was something bigger and, in some ways, better. Terraria is only really similar to Minecraft due to the crafting system, which is a bit more in depth in Terraria. Whilst stone is quite vital in Minecraft, it's all but useless in Terraria, aside from one or two uses, whilst gold is vital in Terraria, while being just fashion in Minecraft. However, Terraria isn't meant to be like Minecraft. Terraria is a 2D adventure game at heart, and does this really well. At the start, you start with bare basic tools and the smallest, weakest slime can prove to be a challenge. As you progress further down and across the randomly generated maps, you can get resources to make better, stronger tools, some armor and soon become someone that can take out enemies in just one swing. Terraria also includes bosses into the game, which are challenging to defeat, but yield great rewards at the end. One thing that Terraria also does well is the character syncing between both single and multiplayer. If one world has been sweeped of all of it's goodies, you can just start a new world and continue from where you left off. If I do have one complaint, the NPC's in the game can seem a bit 'in the way', especially the controversial Guide. In fact, the Guide gets in the way so much, that there's now an item that allows you to kill him!
    Aside from this gripe however, Terraria is a worthy game for adventurers and crafters alike. Don't shun this game because it looks like a 2D Minecraft. It's far more than that.
  64. Aug 22, 2011
    This game is not just a copy of minecraft. Its a great game based on fighting and combat. A variety of weapons armor, spells, and stuff makes it a great game to play. Even though its pixelated, the artwork is still amazing. Its the best 2d game I've ever played. It's bosses, corruption, a variety of monsters, and hard challenges make it a game to hard to resist. And too everyone who saysThis game is not just a copy of minecraft. Its a great game based on fighting and combat. A variety of weapons armor, spells, and stuff makes it a great game to play. Even though its pixelated, the artwork is still amazing. Its the best 2d game I've ever played. It's bosses, corruption, a variety of monsters, and hard challenges make it a game to hard to resist. And too everyone who says its slow, or boring, have never gotten anywhere into the game, because they find it too hard. Expand
  65. Aug 22, 2011
    the most addicting game i have played since minecraft, wayyyyy better enemies better maps, better crafting. and such make this game a must buy!! its worth the 30$ to buy a four pack on steam so you and 3 friends can go exploring!!
  66. Aug 23, 2011
    The first thing I can say about this game is that it's NOT a rip-off of Minecraft. Yes, it has mining and crafting. Yes, the word "biome" gets tossed around a lot in discussions of both...and that's about it. In Terraria, you mine because you need gear to get to the next step in the game. There are no circuits or minecart tracks here- just better gear so you can fight stronger monsters andThe first thing I can say about this game is that it's NOT a rip-off of Minecraft. Yes, it has mining and crafting. Yes, the word "biome" gets tossed around a lot in discussions of both...and that's about it. In Terraria, you mine because you need gear to get to the next step in the game. There are no circuits or minecart tracks here- just better gear so you can fight stronger monsters and more powerful bosses. Past a certain point, there's very little mining at all: you proceed mostly by fighting monsters and finding chests. The game isn't perfect, though: I find that there's a bit of a gap between the gear you'll get from digging underground versus the gear you need to fight the next level of enemies. At one point it almost forms a mobius loop of "You need X sword to beat Y boss and you need to beat Y boss to get X sword". The bosses are also unimaginative in the sense that they don't really vary their attacks or present you with unique challenges- it's mostly just a grind. Also, the fact that you mine for advancement means the ores you find quickly become obsolete- you'll find yourself just ignoring large amounts of ores just because they do diddleysquat for you past a certain point. Still, Terraria is a cheap game that will keep you entertained for a LONG time, and the devs are constantly updating the game, so it can only get better from here. Expand
  67. Aug 24, 2011
    Terraria blends unique 2D platform sandbox action RPG gameplay with building elements presumably adopted from a recent title that many of you may be familiar with. Similarities (and ongoing debates) aside, it is safe to say that Terraria executes it all comfortably; providing a vast, robust and adventurous experience that is well worth the inexpensive price tag.
  68. Aug 25, 2011
    The score for this game is far too low for its quality and fun. People see a pickaxe and ore and think, wow, Minecraft ripoff! The gameplay is an adventure about one person, you, who wakes up and has no idea what to do. Once you figure out the basic gameplay, Terraria shines. A 2D platformer is always welcome in my collection of games, and this game is the best I have ever played. What IThe score for this game is far too low for its quality and fun. People see a pickaxe and ore and think, wow, Minecraft ripoff! The gameplay is an adventure about one person, you, who wakes up and has no idea what to do. Once you figure out the basic gameplay, Terraria shines. A 2D platformer is always welcome in my collection of games, and this game is the best I have ever played. What I love about this game is a constant sense of progression and reward. As you journey into the underground, you will find a variety of monsters awaiting you, in areas such as the Underground Jungle and Hell. You will als find rewards, such as rare armor and accessories in chests, and as drops from monsters. A mix of weapons awaits you, from spells like the rare Flamelash, to guns such as the Minishark (Half shark, half gun, completely awesome). The multiplayer multiplies the fun. DISCLAIMER: I own both Minecraft and Terraria. I Expand
  69. Aug 25, 2011
    Fantastic game, with constantly increasing depth. Anyone who claims that it's like minecraft hasn't played enough to write a proper review, because it's not. It feels much more like a metroidvania game than anything else, and is almost entirely about item collection to access new areas. Unlike metroid, though, the reason you don't enter the new areas isn't because you don't haveFantastic game, with constantly increasing depth. Anyone who claims that it's like minecraft hasn't played enough to write a proper review, because it's not. It feels much more like a metroidvania game than anything else, and is almost entirely about item collection to access new areas. Unlike metroid, though, the reason you don't enter the new areas isn't because you don't have super-missles, but because the enemies there will kill you instantly. The mining elements are basically just ways to collect stuff to make cooler stuff, and not at all like minecraft. The point of the game is not to build or be especially creative, but to improve yourself via item collection. Expand
  70. Aug 26, 2011
    People say that Terraria is just a 2D Minecraft. Sure it has crafting and mining. But what's Minecraft? An Infiminer clone. People need to realize that games borrow from other games. You need to realize that Minecraft isn't a game anymore, it's a genre. If you stop letting yourself get offended when a game has some of the stuff other games have, you could enjoy the game for what it is.
  71. Aug 29, 2011
    I can understand why Terraria has a bad reputation. It's very difficult to get into, there is a very limited in game tutorial in the form of a "Guide," and there is room for a lot of improvement. However, the developers are indeed constantly improving and expanding the game in a way where I believe it can be enjoyable, even from the beginning. At first, I expected some sort of MapleI can understand why Terraria has a bad reputation. It's very difficult to get into, there is a very limited in game tutorial in the form of a "Guide," and there is room for a lot of improvement. However, the developers are indeed constantly improving and expanding the game in a way where I believe it can be enjoyable, even from the beginning. At first, I expected some sort of Maple Story/Minecraft mashup, which actually isn't an inaccurate judgement from a cursory glance. However, as I continued to play the game, I found it more and more enjoyable. Using outside resources and guides improved the game experience for me, but I don't know if that applies to everyone. I hope Terraria continues to expand so that gameplay becomes even more enjoyable. Expand
  72. Sep 15, 2011
    Terraria is an amazing game. I loved it from the first moment I heard about it. It never gets boring, there's always something to do. Amazing boss fights, awesome caves, challenging battles! There is something for everyone. You can build gigantic structures, explore caves and dungeons, mine ores to craft better and better tools... Overall a great game! Ignore anyone who says it sucks! ItTerraria is an amazing game. I loved it from the first moment I heard about it. It never gets boring, there's always something to do. Amazing boss fights, awesome caves, challenging battles! There is something for everyone. You can build gigantic structures, explore caves and dungeons, mine ores to craft better and better tools... Overall a great game! Ignore anyone who says it sucks! It most certainly doesn't! And it is not copying off Minecraft. Minecraft is a great game also, but they are both very different! Expand
  73. Sep 16, 2011
    One of the best games I have ever played in the 15 years I am alive. I'm not a big fan of over-done graphics and fancy effects and 3D which is why I was and still am very attracted to this game. It'd be ignorant to say this game isn't a Minecraft copy, because it is, but it's also much more than that, it has many more options and the great thing about the game is, is the fact that it keepsOne of the best games I have ever played in the 15 years I am alive. I'm not a big fan of over-done graphics and fancy effects and 3D which is why I was and still am very attracted to this game. It'd be ignorant to say this game isn't a Minecraft copy, because it is, but it's also much more than that, it has many more options and the great thing about the game is, is the fact that it keeps expanding with new features and the developers of the game actually listen what the community has to say and try to improve Terraria with the suggestions they get. Definitely worth the money and if you enjoy the simple style, I would definitely recommend it to play. Expand
  74. Sep 20, 2011
    Me, being a person who enjoyed the game that was out of my reach due to low ram, Minecraft, LOVE this game. It is super open-ended and way to easy to get into. The only problem is that it is too easy to complete. If you were to sit down and play the game ONCE through (without Hardcore on), it would be done in one day. Hardcore....maybe three. I love it, but a 9.0 is what its worth.
  75. Sep 30, 2011
    Terraria may look like a Minecraft clone but it is way more then that. Terraria focus much more on exploration and crafting then Minecraft do. You do build a base that can be as simplistic or ambitious as you like but the joy you get from Terraria is when you discover a new cave system with allot of gold that you need for your new armour or manage to take down one of the games challengingTerraria may look like a Minecraft clone but it is way more then that. Terraria focus much more on exploration and crafting then Minecraft do. You do build a base that can be as simplistic or ambitious as you like but the joy you get from Terraria is when you discover a new cave system with allot of gold that you need for your new armour or manage to take down one of the games challenging bosses. Many items are craftable but many more can only be found in chest or dungeons or deep caves so there are good reasons to explore them. The only thing Terraria misses is a better tutorial system. Check out one of the online guides, else you will feel completely lost the first two hours of the game.

All in all, a strong recommendation to anyone interested in side-scrolling adventure games! (Most fun with friends!)
  76. Oct 7, 2011
    No way you can fault this game for lack of content. There's plenty, and (semi-)random-generation of items, caverns, and veins keeps the game interesting for many hours. With all sandbox-type games, however, there comes a point where you feel like you've gone through just about everything there is to explore. You know how the mechanics work, how enemies work - you've found all theNo way you can fault this game for lack of content. There's plenty, and (semi-)random-generation of items, caverns, and veins keeps the game interesting for many hours. With all sandbox-type games, however, there comes a point where you feel like you've gone through just about everything there is to explore. You know how the mechanics work, how enemies work - you've found all the interesting artifacts, and have the NPCs you're interested in. .... And then you go online to see the Terraria Wiki, and -- HOLY #(%*, there's a freaking CLOUD level! You find out you've only explored half the content, and on your way to explore it, the devs release even more new content in an update. Content updates in Terraria are a real treat. It's not just a few balance changes and a a couple new items -- they add new biomes, more monsters, a new NPC, different trees, new mechanics, many new weapons, and major crafting changes. Even if you do play Minecraft, and reviewers are correct in calling Terraria a "2d minecraft clone," the vast amount of different content, different mechanics, and environments still make Terreria a bargain, and likely a very fresh, enjoyable experience for you. Expand
  77. Oct 19, 2011
    I try my very hardest not to give out 10s. Isn't the whole point of perfection that it can't ever be achieved? Anyway, I feel this game truly deserves it. I'm a huge fan of side-scrolling games like Castlevania, so this game spoke to me on that sort of primal level. Not only that though, but it has mining, crafting, and creation sort of like Minecraft. IT IS NOT MINECRAFT THOUGH. I don'tI try my very hardest not to give out 10s. Isn't the whole point of perfection that it can't ever be achieved? Anyway, I feel this game truly deserves it. I'm a huge fan of side-scrolling games like Castlevania, so this game spoke to me on that sort of primal level. Not only that though, but it has mining, crafting, and creation sort of like Minecraft. IT IS NOT MINECRAFT THOUGH. I don't get why people are so gung-ho about comparing the two. Anyway, I could go on and on about how I love the graphic-style, the music, the boss fights, the dungeons and biomes, and how this game teases my inner collector, but the best praise I could ever give this game is the following: When I sit down to play, I forget to eat and drink. Pizza goes cold, and soda goes flat. True story. Also, it's only $10 and the developers are CONSTANTLY adding more content through free updates. I can't wait for 1.1 to come out. Expand
  78. Oct 19, 2011
    Set in a charming 2D world, this game of building, exploring and combat is great fun, especially with a friend or seven in multiplayer. The smallest worlds are still a decent size, with the huge ones taking forever to explore. You can build a huge stone castle or a series of cosy wooden cottages. Many deadly enemies and huge bosses can be found, with dozens of interesting weapons andSet in a charming 2D world, this game of building, exploring and combat is great fun, especially with a friend or seven in multiplayer. The smallest worlds are still a decent size, with the huge ones taking forever to explore. You can build a huge stone castle or a series of cosy wooden cottages. Many deadly enemies and huge bosses can be found, with dozens of interesting weapons and tools available to help defeat them. This game can give you ten times as much fun as a game ten times the price. Expand
  79. Aug 30, 2013
    Edit score updated since 'hard mode' was added to the game (and with more extra content and depth than any 'hard mode' I've ever seen in a videogame before).

I would have enjoyed this game far, far more if there were more challenging game modes. I play it hardcore to increase the challenge, but as most good gamers know, hardcore is a little more of an excersice in patience than it is skill, and it would have been nice to just see a 'hard' difficulty level, with stronger monsters, and perhaps with a save point each dawn, to up the challenge.
  80. Nov 13, 2011
    When i first started playing Terraria, i found it very similar to Minecraft. After logging about 27 hours on the game i realized it had a very different point to the game. It was more dungeoneering than building. Minecraft has the element that wants you to make a beast mansion. Then in Terraria It gives you the element to explore. Cave's, Sky Temples with locked chests, the underworldWhen i first started playing Terraria, i found it very similar to Minecraft. After logging about 27 hours on the game i realized it had a very different point to the game. It was more dungeoneering than building. Minecraft has the element that wants you to make a beast mansion. Then in Terraria It gives you the element to explore. Cave's, Sky Temples with locked chests, the underworld filled with lava. and last but not least corruption. on another point Minecraft is 3D as Terraria is 2D. Although this is usually a key part of a game in Terraria it doesn't seem to matter at all. So if i had to rate this game it would be a 10 out of 10. Just because they took the time to make a game that would not be as graphically good as Minecraft or other mining 3D games. So 10 out of 10 on my vote. amazing game. Expand
  81. Dec 1, 2011
    Only a fool would say that it Terraria is Minecraft. Yes, I do not like Mine, but I'm telling the truth is a different game! It makes sense! And not just dig, dig and dig ... In Terraria have bosses, dungeons, magic and much more! Pity the self-purchase Terraria, but not Minecraft.
    Thanks to Google Translate :) [Russia]
  82. Dec 2, 2011
    Terraria is a true gem of a game, that is rivaling my desire to play Skyrim (which is quite an accomplishment).

Anyone that says Terraria is just 2D minecraft must not have played either game extensively. Perhaps they mined some mud in each, put them back on the ground in a row and made a house, and then came here and reviewed the games saying they were the same. Minecraft: Blocks +

Minecraft:
    Blocks + Pickaxe = House ---> End of Gameplay --->
    Quit.

Terraria:
    Blocks + Pickaxe = House -->
    Start of Gameplay -->

Actual Adventure to be had; Loads of legitimate monsters; Real items with Tiers and different stats; Bosses; Traps; Treasure; Loads of different environments to discover, with different challenges introduced with them; Tons of nifty gadgets to enjoy;
    So much more I've forgotten.

Once Minecraft implements half of these, then user's can start to claim a Minecraft is 3D Terraria (in that order)
  83. Dec 2, 2011
    This game took me about fifteen minutes of saying "what the heck?" before it got me hooked. That said I'm 5 hours in or so and it's really impressing me. It may be simple graphics, but, if you really look you'll see tons of attention to detail with regards to lighting up different parts of the world. Water or lava effects the terrain in really incredible ways. This is no mario orThis game took me about fifteen minutes of saying "what the heck?" before it got me hooked. That said I'm 5 hours in or so and it's really impressing me. It may be simple graphics, but, if you really look you'll see tons of attention to detail with regards to lighting up different parts of the world. Water or lava effects the terrain in really incredible ways. This is no mario or metroid from ten years ago. This game is beautiful in it's own right. It's fun, creative, and the changing music as you dig deeper is a really nice touch. For what I paid this is a 10/10 Expand
  84. Dec 2, 2011
    It is a nice game, with tonnes of adventure, but only within a 2D environment and limited world, creativity is limited.
    You may get bored with the game once you finished all the adventures, like Dungeon and so. But the progress of getting the end-game gear is so fun that you cannot resist.
    PvP can get a bit frustrating as it is only intensive shooting and spamming bullet, but it can be fun sometimes though.
  85. Dec 3, 2011
    Terraria has more weapons monster's, rpgsurvival elements, a wider selection of items, bosses, character customization and better exploration. This game feels like with every block you pick you achieve a task, there is so much to explore in a single world so much to collect so much to do. I've played this games for 100's of hours and still can't be pried away from it. It's simply one ofTerraria has more weapons monster's, rpgsurvival elements, a wider selection of items, bosses, character customization and better exploration. This game feels like with every block you pick you achieve a task, there is so much to explore in a single world so much to collect so much to do. I've played this games for 100's of hours and still can't be pried away from it. It's simply one of the most simplest indie 2d side scroller games ever. It has different things that have never been experienced by players. It's not minecraft its more than minecraft, 10/10 A diverse and new way to play! Expand
  86. Dec 23, 2011
    Terraria is a great game. I got is for $2.50 on steam and even purchased as a gift for a friend. The server capabilities are there and its a cinch to set up and for anyone to log on. The game is an old school sidescroller so if you care about graphics, this is not your game. If you want some thing that will give you 50+ hours of fun in pvp with friends, cave exploration, many differentTerraria is a great game. I got is for $2.50 on steam and even purchased as a gift for a friend. The server capabilities are there and its a cinch to set up and for anyone to log on. The game is an old school sidescroller so if you care about graphics, this is not your game. If you want some thing that will give you 50+ hours of fun in pvp with friends, cave exploration, many different biomes (with even a Christmas themed winter biome released for the holidays) upgrading weapons and equipment and defeating bosses with a 2nd playthrough built into the experience, then this is your game. There are many options that you can tweek to tailor to your gaming experience. It's slow in the beginning before you get armor, ore and other things but there is a built in NPC that will tell you how to craft various items and how to move forward in your quest. This game is definitely the best when you get some friends together and start finding items to help prepare you for your first boss fight. Get this game when it's on sale on steam and you can go wrong! Expand
  87. Dec 26, 2011
    If you like Minecraft, you'll most likely love this game. It has the building and creativity aspect of Minecraft with much more adventure to it. The bosses and events are a lot of fun and your loot actually means something here in Terraria. I loved Minecraft but tossed it aside when I tried Terraria. Multiplayer in Terraria is much better than Minecraft too. On the Minecraft server myIf you like Minecraft, you'll most likely love this game. It has the building and creativity aspect of Minecraft with much more adventure to it. The bosses and events are a lot of fun and your loot actually means something here in Terraria. I loved Minecraft but tossed it aside when I tried Terraria. Multiplayer in Terraria is much better than Minecraft too. On the Minecraft server my friends and I had, we just went about building our things and checking out each other's creations but that was all there was to do. In Terraria we band up and go exploring because it really helps with more people, where as helping your buddy mine in minecraft is BORING. Big improvement imho! Expand
  88. Jan 10, 2012
    This game follows the same crack-addiction do-nothing gameplay (in the sense that you can spend many hours building a house just to realize you just spent many hours building an in-game house...) that Minecraft uses but does it a little differently. Terraria is more combat/exploration driven than Minecraft, which is more building driven. As such, Terraria tends to feel limited by it'sThis game follows the same crack-addiction do-nothing gameplay (in the sense that you can spend many hours building a house just to realize you just spent many hours building an in-game house...) that Minecraft uses but does it a little differently. Terraria is more combat/exploration driven than Minecraft, which is more building driven. As such, Terraria tends to feel limited by it's content while Minecraft tends to feel limited by imagination. Luckily, I have no imagination, so Terraria was a nice change of pace. So what is Terraria? It's basically a game about mining and exploring. You can craft things with your minerals, fight monsters, and trigger world-changing events. I've spent about 30 hours with the game and have seen most of the content (I played through with two friends, one who's spent twice as much time as me with it). Overall everything about the game is pretty fun and I don't want to spoil anything. I got a lot of laughs and enjoyment from the game. My three complaints are that the UI can be frustrating, searching for specific minerals is annoying, and the game is extremely content dependent and my interest fell HARD when content ran out. Other than that, I had a great time. Definitely worth the price, especially if you have friends to play with. Expand
  89. Jan 14, 2012
    This game is fun and surprisingly less money than it is worth. If you like mining, crafting, exploring and fighting evil, then this is a good game for you.
  90. Jan 17, 2012
    So, I think this game is amazing. I wanted to wait to see what kind of content they came out with before giving my rating to the game. After playing for months on end, and still having fun building, exploring, trading, designing, fighting ect...I still have a ton of fun playing the game. The reason I give a 9 out of 10, is becuase of 2 minor complaints. The single player mode is boringSo, I think this game is amazing. I wanted to wait to see what kind of content they came out with before giving my rating to the game. After playing for months on end, and still having fun building, exploring, trading, designing, fighting ect...I still have a ton of fun playing the game. The reason I give a 9 out of 10, is becuase of 2 minor complaints. The single player mode is boring after a while. It does take a long time, and it would be helpful if you could copy rooms if you have the materials. Just simple things, like a wall that is x blocks high, a matching wall on the other side, an automatic roof and automatic background. The background gets very tedious, especially if you want to do something complicated or layered. They did address this, so it is only a minor concern. The other problem I have is no good multilayer support yet. I understand if they cannot create dedicated servers for the game, but Steam has server support for all kinds of games already. Also, there is still a low cap of players which is annoying. I would love to come with a team of people and build a city or something, but 4 people just doesn't cut it, and even building a tower takes a long time. I very much look forward to playing this game for a long time, and hope to see continued content updates that both focus on balancing things you can build/design and things you can fight/craft. I think the sky is the limit for this game, and as long as you have an imagination, you will be very happy playing. For people looking for a more structured game experience, with a start, middle and end, then this game is not for you. There is no end for the game, and you can keep coming up with new things and making even more interesting towns

The biggest pluses for this game for me, especially with the advent of switches, is the limitless things you can build and create. You can build modern looking skyscrapers, and you can build castles/dungeons. You can make houses out of anything, and even create bio-domes that capture the essences of a type of area. You can build, craft, fight, explore, treasure hunt, PvP. It may have no start, middle or end, and it may be easy to get max hearts/mana (which I hope they increase in later updates though a more difficult way of getting them), but the amount of depth to the game is huge. It would probably take a month of solid game play to find the mats for and craft the best stuff. You could spend an entire year building a city and underground if you wanted to, and make your own world. The only limiting factor to this game is you.
  91. Jan 19, 2012
    First thing I would like to point out is that this is not a minecraft clone, I was surprised about how the more I played, the less it seemed like minecraft, it takes more of the adventure parts of a sandbox and doesn't do much with building which I think is good as it allowed many different weapons and ways to explore
  92. Jan 21, 2012
    This game is always in the top 10 most played steam games, with about 20,000 players on daily. Next to kings like TF2, CS and Skyrim. Ignore the red reviews and just ask yourself if this is something you could enjoy, BEFORE buying it. 407 positive reviews to 56 negative... And every negative is upset it's like minecraft! They make no secrets about that, it's obvious before purchase.This game is always in the top 10 most played steam games, with about 20,000 players on daily. Next to kings like TF2, CS and Skyrim. Ignore the red reviews and just ask yourself if this is something you could enjoy, BEFORE buying it. 407 positive reviews to 56 negative... And every negative is upset it's like minecraft! They make no secrets about that, it's obvious before purchase. Then it has tons of rad wiring traps and explosives and lighting and rediculous amounts of custom weapons, accessories, combinations, clothes armor and even ammo types. If you don't feel any nostalgia for the 2D era you should acknowledge that before you even consider buying, because it takes an imagination to lose yourself in a platform world with no ending. That being said I'm 70 hours into just building and digging mines, and I couldn't be having more fun. I played minecraft for 5 hours and it has WAY less going on than terraria. 20000 active steam players a day can't be wrong. Expand
  93. Jan 24, 2012
    This game is awesome its graphics are very nostalgic the weapons and items are reminiscent of 'Minecraft' but this game is a whole lot different there's more items and weapons with the new updates plus new bosses whats not like? If your looking for a good game that's relatively cheap this is the game for you
  94. Mar 9, 2012
    It's basically Minecraft in 2D and the lovely settings help making it a bit more than the game that copied Minecraft. For a cheap price you can play hours and hours and explore the places around you. The gameplay is extremely well made and offers a lot of possibilities. All in all a very good game, addicting and with a great replay value.
  95. Mar 11, 2012
    Terraria is very nicely executed sandbox. If you expect stories and quests then this game is not for you. That being said, game is not for everyone. You go venture underground and slay mobs, build your castles in fairly nice 2D graphics in a bit old style.
    There are 2 major downsides of the game.
    There are 2 major downsides of the game.
    Firstly as you kill more bosses and go to hardcore mode, hardcore bosses are really very hard. Game basically forces you to go multiplayer. If you have noone to play with, then you may end up not killing them at all. They are doable in single, but very hard.
    Secondly developers already announced that there will be no support in future which may turn some away.
    All in all the game will be as good as you make it yourself in good sandbox style.
  96. Mar 21, 2012
    Ive been wandering around this game for a while until now were i just bought it on Steam. I love it. Its a 2D adventure rpg game where you can spend long hours and not being bored at all, at least for me. Most people prefer Minecraft because its 3D , its better bla bla bla, i dont care. Terraria has all that and more. Great weapons, great graphics despite being 2D, the bosses are great,Ive been wandering around this game for a while until now were i just bought it on Steam. I love it. Its a 2D adventure rpg game where you can spend long hours and not being bored at all, at least for me. Most people prefer Minecraft because its 3D , its better bla bla bla, i dont care. Terraria has all that and more. Great weapons, great graphics despite being 2D, the bosses are great, the environment is smooth and many more things that i cant explain because i have no words but just: its great. Also play with friends and enjoy hours of fun and creativeness, i recommend everyone stop playing Minecraft and just give a few hours of Terraria and then tell us what do you think about this. Expand
  97. Mar 30, 2012
    A fantastic experience for those who put some imagination and creativity into gaming.
    Start your life as a hunchbacked proto-human, living in dual dimensions, with only the most basic survival tools. Hammer SMASH! Axe CHOP! Pickaxe... ugh... PICK! Use these skills to shape the world around you or to beat back the creatures currently nibbling at your toes.
    A research student, vaguely

A research student, vaguely interested in your evolution, but too impatient to adhere to prime directives, will stand by and patiently explain what every object you've found is and how you can combine or refine them into complex objects.

Now, you've summoned up fire and bested the worst night terrors on Earth. And, like an hero, you've come to the conclusion that it's time to oil yourself up and go looking for styggian horrors in the caves behind your hovel. Hours later you're clawing your way back out of this hellhole with a sack full of iron ore, already on your way to blasting demons with boomsticks and wading knee deep through chainsaw puree. And if, along the way, a castle should be built for your greatness and all of his new, cool friends, then all the better.
  98. Apr 1, 2012
    Play the game. Torrent it, borrow the .exe files from a friend, whatever you have to do. I am a firm believer of not judging a book by it's cover. If you don't like it, that's okay, but at least you tried it. I tried Minecraft, some time ago then again recently and I just can't get into it, it's so boring and tedious IMO. So try Terraria! if you like it, awesome, if not that's okay! Have fun. :D
  99. May 1, 2012
    When it was released, it was called a "2D clone of Minecraft". However, as the updates came in, it started gaining its own personality. The pixel art is charming. The exploration and mining aspects of the game are addictive; this iss one game where mining isn't boring, but rather enthralling. Also, you can reshape your world, which is something many players will spend hours into. A great,When it was released, it was called a "2D clone of Minecraft". However, as the updates came in, it started gaining its own personality. The pixel art is charming. The exploration and mining aspects of the game are addictive; this iss one game where mining isn't boring, but rather enthralling. Also, you can reshape your world, which is something many players will spend hours into. A great, well deserved 10 for this one. Expand

1. Mar 19, 2012
    Terraria is one of the best sandbox games. Terraria has some Minecraft spirit, however the focus of the game is on fighting and crafting, so it involves more action. The best way to enjoy Terraria is to play it with a couple of friends on your own server.
  2. Mar 16, 2012
    It's a title that will appeal to the adventurer, the explorer and the builder; not to mention those who appreciate a substantial amount of player freedom. If you happen to be all of those things, Terraria is a lightly tarnished treasure.
  3. Mar 14, 2012
    A lot of games tried to copy Minecraft – or at least participate from its' success. But this two-dimensional take on the well known formula is the only game that is able to step out of the shadow of the indie phenomenon that inspired it. It leads you into a unique world full of creative magic.