- Summary: Engage in a relentless ride to infiltrate and subvert the 510s, a gang that has come to power around Detroit's illegal street racing scene. Your mission? Build up your reputation in the secret racing scene and sabotage their activities city-by-city all across an open world United States.Engage in a relentless ride to infiltrate and subvert the 510s, a gang that has come to power around Detroit's illegal street racing scene. Your mission? Build up your reputation in the secret racing scene and sabotage their activities city-by-city all across an open world United States. Maneuver through the crackling streets of New York City and Los Angeles, drive through sunny Miami Beach, or trek through the grand plateaus of Monument Valley. Each location comes with its own set of surprises and driving challenges to master. On your journey you will encounter other people on the road - all potentially worthy companions to crew up with, or future rivals to compete against.… Expand
Feb 7, 2015Rating The Crew is problematic, because you can look at this game from two perspectives. In view of some simplifications and scripted moments it will not delight those in search of pure racing. Those who appreciate large open worlds however will be overjoyed. [01/2015, p.70]
Dec 2, 2014Epic. It's NFS Underground 2 on Steroids ! And MORE. Beautiful on PC.
Solid effort from Ivory tower, a lot of time has gone into the carsEpic. It's NFS Underground 2 on Steroids ! And MORE. Beautiful on PC.
Solid effort from Ivory tower, a lot of time has gone into the cars themselves. and adding or changing a part can really make all the difference in the world, the map is gigantic I mean really big, driving from city to city you can get the sense that every thing feels different depending where you are, Physics done right, Handling done Right, customization done Right, End Game Content done Right, Take My Money !… Expand
Dec 9, 2014A mind blowing game. The likes to which i have never come across my entire life. The map is huge, probably the biggest so far in gamingA mind blowing game. The likes to which i have never come across my entire life. The map is huge, probably the biggest so far in gaming history. The game is so immersive that one does not feel like quitting. To be honest one can never get enough of the game. The detailing is spot on. The multi player is super fun. Every aspect of the game is stellar and awesome. A once in a lifetime experience and a must play for racing buffs, don't miss it for the world.… Expand
Dec 8, 2014I played this game for about 20 hours already, 12 of them with XBOX360 Steering Wheel and i found that this game os more amazing than iI played this game for about 20 hours already, 12 of them with XBOX360 Steering Wheel and i found that this game os more amazing than i expected..
You can choose if you ride to your destination or just teleport, good thing for those who doesn't want to waste time to race, just jump into action, but first you need to go near it so you can unlock in the map.
Really nice graphics, the world is well made, kind of low amount of people on the streets but it's not even a bad thing, since it's a race game.
For those who liked Test Drive Unlimited and Underground 2 or have a steering wheel, you should probably buy this game.… Expand
Jan 3, 2015The crew is a very fun game, the map is very large and I found it very fun to explore. The story line seems pretty basic for most racing gamesThe crew is a very fun game, the map is very large and I found it very fun to explore. The story line seems pretty basic for most racing games it is not that unique. Although the map is large the gameplay is not too enjoyable in the missions are very difficult. The map is the good part of the game but bigger is not always better, the story mode is not fun. For half of the missions it seems like it's nearly impossible to complete one on your first try. I would've rated their game higher if the missions would be more enjoyable and the gameplay would be more smooth. Also if you were trying to race beware because if you a pedestrian car it will most likely Wreck you and you and you will spin out and automatically lose the race.… Expand
Dec 6, 2014The whole concept idea and the dream is real. But the is not optimized for PC. If you have a console buy it don't buy if for PC. A lot of bugsThe whole concept idea and the dream is real. But the is not optimized for PC. If you have a console buy it don't buy if for PC. A lot of bugs have to be fixed. This game requires support not because it need new content but to better what is already there.… Expand
Dec 14, 2014Before writing this "review" I have completed the story and reached level cap. I don't have gamepad or a steering wheel, so I had to useBefore writing this "review" I have completed the story and reached level cap. I don't have gamepad or a steering wheel, so I had to use keyboard (cockpit view, hardcore handling).
- Handling. Oh, boy... If you enjoy driving soap on ice, this game is definitely for you. Choosing "hardcore" handling type doesn't help much, driving is still not enjoyable;
- Terrible AI (Rival cars going off the road or crashing into a train and then respawning right in front of your vehicle);
- Incredibly ridiculous story missions (Escape from police Crown Victoria's and Ford F150's with weight of 50 tons and ability of reaching a top speed of more than 180 mp/h in less than 10 seconds; take down vehicle that is faster than yours, but you only have 3 minutes, otherwise the world is going to end; crash into dozens of crates, but you only have 3 minutes, just because; take your performance spec ride to a race on an icy road, because AI is not affected by the environment, but you're and that's how the things work in virtual USA, etc.);
- Mediocre open-wold racing game using basically the same M.O.O.R multiplayer component (Does it work properly? Na-ah. Don't even hope for it to function as intended) introduced in Test Drive Unlimited (2006) and re-advertised as a revolutionary MMO that's all about social gameplay (Channels with 8 players each, no way of a proper interaction between players (Text chat is surprisingly uncomfortable to use);
- Waiting time of getting into a PvP-lobby may go up to 50 minutes. There're only 2 options in PvP-lobby for you to choose from: you can turn off traffic and you can turn off collisions (Which is useless, because rival cars don't become even a little transparent, so if you're playing with a cockpit view you can't see ♥♥♥♥ because of another car model moving into yours). You can't turn off nitro for all players and you can't restrict handling type to "hardcore" or camera view to a certain one (Because why would somebody need that, right? Nobody cares, anyway). There's no balance between players (You may be connected to a lobby with max lvl players who have maxed out cars, so be ready for your ♥♥♥ to get kicked). No penalty for cutting corners or collisions with other players;
- You're forced to do story missions until you reach certain level and get a Dirt-spec car before you're allowed into PvP (1-2 hours of gameplay);
- You can make a Performance-spec Hummer or any other SUV with a top speed of over 180 mp/h, but you can't make a Raid-spec Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34) or a Circuit-spec Mustang 2015, which totally makes sense;
- You can't just purchase new performance parts from tuning shops, you're forced to do skill challenges to get better ones (However, if you win parts for your first certain-spec car, you'll be able to purchase them for another);
- All the cars featured in The Crew are RWD (Even ones that should be AWD);
- No reflections in rear-view and side mirrors when in cockpit view, but not when using 3rd person vew. There's also some weird bug that changes level of detail of your car's interior after cutscenes or fast travelling (Getting out of the cockpit view and back in returns level of detail back to normal);
- NPC cars don't use blinkers when changing lanes;
- Inviting session players to complete story mission with you is Ivory Tower's revolutionary social experience;
- Horrendous radio soundtrack. My ears are still bleeding. By the way, you won't find any mention about the keys answering for changing radio stations in the control settings, it's just not there;
- No dynamic weather;
- No support of 4:3 display aspect ratio;
- 60 FPS cap.
"The sCREWd: Always Drive Alone" is a bright example of false advertising. If you're thinking of purchasing the game, wait until it goes on sale. It's not worth 60 dollars or even half the price, in my opinion. Still unfinished, without a good optimization product even after SIX years of development. Also no significant improvements have been made since beta.
CPU — Intel Core i7-3770k 3.50 GHz;
RAM — 8GB;
GPU — Palit® GeForce® GTX 560 (1024MB, GDDR5);
OS — Windows 7 (64-bit).… Expand
Jan 23, 2015The game is broken, there's no other way to put it. Devs aren't answering on the forums and no fixes are in effect. I couldn't've done thisThe game is broken, there's no other way to put it. Devs aren't answering on the forums and no fixes are in effect. I couldn't've done this more poorly if I was drunk and/or high.… Expand