9.2

1. Sep 8, 2014
    Best game I've ever played (and trust me, I've played a lot). If you love adventure point and click games half as much as I do, please consider playing this wonderful masterpiece. Best chapter of the Lucasart series imo, by far.
  2. BFM
    Aug 15, 2014
    What a masterpiece. Let's get the only problem out of the way: This isn't Monkey Island 3. This is neither the successor to Monkey Island 2, nor the conclusion of Ron Gilbert's Monkey Island trillogy. This answers no questions, and doesn't in any way satisfy the hunger for a real Monkey island. But oh boy, this is one of the best Adventure games and Video games in general of all time.
    This was made by fans of Monkey Island and Adventure games, with an rediculous amount of love and production value. You can see it as the worlds greatest fan-game.

I think I first played this around 1999 as an small child.
    And since them, I play this game at least once a year.
    Allthough I know the solution to all puzzels, I sill find this game to be A+ entertainment, and always discover some new detail, I've overlooked before.

This game offers great dialoge, beautiful scenery, a superb soundtrack, great characters, professional and matching voice acting, good puzzles, a good coin-based interface, timeless humor, beautiful artwork and animation, nice divesion, and a truly great journey.

This game may never fill the gape that rose when Ron Gilbert lost control over the IP, but it will be one of the greatest and funniest games of all time for generations to come.
  3. Jun 21, 2014
    One of the all-time classics of adventure gaming. While some adventure games had challenge and some sought to imbue a sense of wonder (mostly through graphics), Curse of Monkey Island had everything, from humour to adventure while being able to develop characters. Can anyone forget having a banjo shredoff with Edward Van Helgen or tossing logs against Haggis McMutton?
  4. Mar 13, 2014
    I remember being 9 and had already played the likes of Island of Dr Brain, Super Solvers, Eco Quest, Some other Sierra games, and Myst. I wouldn't say I was in love with the adventure genre, as I'd love a good game of Doom or Quake over these titles anyday. Then came along The Curse of Monkey Island. Wow, did my perception of adventure gaming change. Sadly, the game was so good and masterful that it raised the bar for adventure gaming tenfold. Not even Monkey Island 4 could capture the masterful artwork and humor of its predecessor. No other point-and-click game would ever challenge this title's illustrious perfection. Find a way to play it. Now. Expand
  5. Feb 28, 2014
    One of the best games I've ever played. For those of you that don't know, The Curse of Monkey Island (CMI or MI3) is a point-and-click puzzle game where the player solves puzzles by collecting and combining items and using those items to do solve a problem.

The game has an extremely simple control scheme, it's entirely mouse controlled and extremely easy to get used to. The art style is
    incredibly charming and pleasing to look at. The art consists of what seems to be beautifully hand-painted environments and cartoon like sprites for objects that move. The game is fully voiced and has some superb dialogue with some great voice acting. There are so many jokes to be heard and laughs to be had. The story is great too, I particularly enjoyed Blood Island, and there is variety in gameplay which stops the game from becoming repetitive somewhere in the middle of the game. The puzzles can be hard, but are satisfying to complete. For those of you who like a challenge there is a game mode with more puzzles (recommended!!)

CMI is an incredible game, I would recommend this game to anyone.
  6. Jan 2, 2014
    Classic LucasArts point and click adventure masterpiece. Beautiful drawing, hilarious dialogue, great adventure, great puzzles, awesome voice acting, great music.
  7. Oct 30, 2013
    The unbelievable game. So much joy and humor. I love it. It is for me the game which stays in my top 10 list. Bravo again for the Lucas Art team. Superb.
  8. Apr 6, 2013
    Best adventure game (along with "The Longest Journey"), and one of the best game ever made. This is the funniest game out there: every single line of dialogue is to die for! Characters, situations and puzzles are priceless. It features the most ergonomic interface of the genre. Graphics, animations and art style are still great and always will be, like an old fashioned Disney cartoon. Music, sounds and actors' voicing are really good. Expand
  9. Oct 17, 2012
    The best monkey island game in my humble opinion. A unique plot involving guybrush and elaine leading to hilarious circumstances. Great performance by Le'chuck in this one
  10. Jun 28, 2012
    @ DavidD if I met you I would flat out kick you in the balls. Besides that, this game is 100% classic, with a awesome visuals style and atmospheric music this game will never get old... Makes me want to start playing it again >:D
  11. Sep 13, 2011
    While being a departure to the style of the first 2 monkey island games which had a darker tone, The Curse of Monkey is one of the best Lucas Art adventure games of the 90s. Having very memorable game moments, very funny witty humour, great atmospheric music, and beautiful styled graphics - I love the warped environment style and its one of my favourite art styles all of gaming. Curse really used the pirate theme well, Pirates of the Caribbean clearly borrowed ideas, themes and characters from the Curse of Monkey Island. The music is original, interesting and memorable and the song half way through this game is one of my most beloved moments in video games. Unfortunately like most Lucas Art adventure games - the final act of the game was rushed, did not wrap of the story as it should and had a disappointingly short ending. Nevertheless, The Curse of Monkey Island is one of my favourites! A pirate I was meant to be! Trim the sails and roam the sea! Expand
  12. Aug 25, 2011
    LEGENDARY! The BEST game I`ve ever played. Funny, thoroughly enjoyable and clever! Not to mention the great dialogues, amazing songs (the opening theme of the series, in particular) and unique graphics and scenarios!
  13. Mar 26, 2011
    Great adventure game, the pinnacle of a certain style within the genre. I actually prefer it to the second part, and consider it at least just as good as the first one. If someone is into playing the classics of gaming, i do believe this one should be in there.

1. If this isn't destined to be a classic, I'll swallow a cutlass. [Feb 1998, p.95]
  2. However good the game is, it must be said that it is far too short, and the ending is a little rushed. Two days of gameplay is simply not enough for a modern adventure game.
  3. Whether you're looking for a good adventure, or just a good laugh, beautiful animation, or great sound, there's something for everyone in this game. It is an excellent value, and will certainly become a gaming classic.