7.9

1. Nov 17, 2013
    As point & click adventure games go this is one of the best! The puzzles are fairly straght forward and locical which means the game and story flows!!
  2. Aug 7, 2013
    In general I am not a huge fan of point and click adventures. I tried a lot of them but mostly I got bored pretty fast, or I was annoyed by unlogical puzzles, or the story didn't work for me.

Chains of Satinav is different. Right from the start the game world sucked me into it. The graphics are very well painted, I'd say it offers the best 2D background graphics I have seen in a long
    time. The only things that need improvement are the animations of the characters and more background animations. But again, the 2D backgrounds work so well, during my playthrough sometimes I was just sitting in front of the screen admiring the paintings. For me this is art. It perfectly fits to the medieval The Dark Eye setting.

The game itself doesn't disappoint. The story is very well told, it is dynamic and you are not forced to stay in a place for too long. It's a journey not only in a physical way, but also in the sense of how the character of the main protagonist evolves. At first the mood of the game is light-hearted, but it gets darker and more dangerous with every step and you start caring for the characters.

The puzzles are challenging sometimes, but in a logical way and even if you are not good at puzzle solving, you can activate some helpful options which make the game easier. I think this is a good compromise, because I am not the kind of person who likes walkthroughs.

The music is charming and fitting it doesn't push itself forward, stays in the background and merges with the whole experience, making it whole.

Conclusion: Whoever is a fan of adventure games or The Dark Eye, buy this game. You will not be disappointed. Yes, it is a traditional adventure, but this game shows how traditional game mechanics can be very appealing and exciting if done right. It's a lot about the game world, the lovely characters, the interesting story and setting.
  3. Ume
    Nov 21, 2013
    One of Daedalic's best works; gorgeous art and interesting story. The characters are well developed and likable. Most puzzles are straightforward, and a couple are really amusing. Every fan of P/C Adventures should give this a try and also a good game to get into the genre.
  4. Jan 5, 2013
    Wonderful, wonderful art, a well-told story, challenging, (mostly) logical puzzles and likeable characters. I confess I had to use a walkthrough a few times, but only because a few objects (like the crack in the statue of the ork-god) are easy to miss. I really love adventure games, and this is an especially good one - I am a sucker for well-told stories. I also feel like I should mention that I really liked the ending, which is where many other Adventure games failed. All in all I'd say this is something you should certainly check out if you like point & click games. I really am glad they are experiencing some kind of small revival. Expand
  5. Jul 1, 2012
    If you enjoy point and click Adventure games then you will love this game. The story is well told. The puzzles are chalenging without being conviluted. The hand Painted art work is beautiful. It took me about 10 hours to finish the game and I only had to look up a walk-though in two occasions when I overlooked a peace of a puzzle. There are not many Adventure games these days and this one is just as good as any of the classics. I say if you care about this genre of game at all then you should pick this one up just out of principle. I only wish Adventure games had more replay value. This game was better then anything from Telltale games and Amanita Design. Maybe not quite as good as a Classic Lucus Art game but close. Defently better then anything Sierra ever made, with the exception of maybe the Quest for Glory seriese. Some of the storry is kind of lost in translation because the game was orginaly made by an indee team from Sweeden but it has enought charm to be enduring. None the less I liked it. Expand
  6. May 27, 2014
    This is old school point and click adventure with nice story from The Dark Eye universum. I really liked art work which is beautiful. But animation could be little bit smoother. Story is little bit more fairy tale then dark fantasy as we are used in The Dark Eye.
  7. Aug 12, 2013
    I love that game! great backrounds, great story and a very great puplisher! A must have for all Point and Click Adventurefans. And with the Dark eye setting it is perfekt!

1. Oct 14, 2012
    Chains of Satinav is a perfect substitute for a storybook. Absolutely beautiful hand-drawn art is combined with a predictable story and some clumsy dialogue, but the overall melancholic feel of a imaginary kingdom on the brink of it's demise make up for these angularities. It's hard to get any closer of an fairytale. Some puzzles are genius, but there are loads of boring logistic tasks too. [Sept 2012]
  2. Sep 16, 2012
    Slow and meandering but gently enjoyable. [Sept 2012, p.54]
  3. Sep 6, 2012
    A breathtakingly beautiful and inspiring adventure that no matter its faults, offers a wonderful experience to the fans of adventure games.