The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion PC

8.1

1. Mar 30, 2017
    I am giving Oblivion and 8, Skyrim a 9.5 and Morrowind a 10. Personally, I still feel that although Oblivion was a great game, it was a step back for the series. The level-scaling enemies, bland dungeons and procedurally-generated loot were awful. But fortunately, the soundtrack was time-stoppingly awesome, the combat was improved and the land was a sight to see. I modded my game to theI am giving Oblivion and 8, Skyrim a 9.5 and Morrowind a 10. Personally, I still feel that although Oblivion was a great game, it was a step back for the series. The level-scaling enemies, bland dungeons and procedurally-generated loot were awful. But fortunately, the soundtrack was time-stoppingly awesome, the combat was improved and the land was a sight to see. I modded my game to the high-heavens and for me, that was what made my experience so much better as it added so many things that I felt, the game lacked. Praise the modders! I do feel that this game received too much negativity for the horse armor DLC and was bashed for it, but what most people don't take into account, is that Oblivion had the greatest expansion pack in the entire Elderscrolls series, which was Shivering isles. That expansion was a game like no other.

I hope Bethesda will not forget its lessons moving forward to Elder Scrolls VI.
  2. Mar 27, 2017
    This game has so many mistakes. I wouldnt play it without mods: The level up system is so stupid, if you want to play it somehow effectively: the attribute condition is important and to raise it, you need to use 3 skills: armourer, heavy armour and block...as a mage? In addition you need to take care, which skills you use to control the bonuses you get at level up. It is killing a lot ofThis game has so many mistakes. I wouldnt play it without mods: The level up system is so stupid, if you want to play it somehow effectively: the attribute condition is important and to raise it, you need to use 3 skills: armourer, heavy armour and block...as a mage? In addition you need to take care, which skills you use to control the bonuses you get at level up. It is killing a lot of fun, but there is a mod that changes the XP system. There is another point with the key word leveling...everyone knows and only few understand that stupid system, where every mob is leveling with the character, so it means you re fighting with lvl 5 against a skeleton and it is a hard fight, later on you are lvl 40 and you will have another hard fight against a skeleton -> LOL. Maybe Bethesda is simply to lazy to implement a better system.
    Technically this game is a nightmare: still so many bugs, although it is so old. It is so obvious, that Bethesda / Zenimax simply dont care about it and know, that users will work for them. In addition this game works so bad with new computers, it is like they convert it from console to PC and dont care about the possibilities with PCs. !"%$%$"§&/()&$§" I needed so much time and needed to install the mods for this game so often, it was frustrating. And yes, dont play this game without mods.
    Controling and Interface...download mods ! so frustrating without.
    Sound: Yes, there are few voice actors, yes they are even changing with the same NPC (wtf?) and what I dislike, they have such a strong american accent. I cant hear it anymore. Music is "totally great".

What is good? Yes The elder scrolls again, this means: a free free free world :) A lot of discoveries, hidden content, very good immersion. Like in Morrowind and Fallout 3, Bethesda is simply the master in it.
    NPCs have finally a life, in Morrowind they ve been a bit static. In the woods you see NPCs hunting animals, mobs fighting and so on. Bethesda learned from a little weakness in Morrowind and put life in the world.
    I like the story and the quests, the beginning is very nice. But on the other side the quests could have more possibilities and ways to solve, especially the dialogs are so linear. Look at Neverwinter Nights or Baldurs Gate.

Overall: 10 points? 9 points? never, this game humiliates us players. 8 is a maximum. If you survive the pain of modding the game, it gets 10/10.
  3. Jan 4, 2017
    Deutsche Review - Kritik

Deutsche Review - Kritik

Der folgende Test ist in 5 Kategorien zusammengefasst. Diese 5 Kartegorien ergeben die Gesamtpunktzahl von 0 - 100 Punkten. Um einen passenden Userscore zu geben wird auf oder abgerundet. Bei 84 Punkten ergibt das einen User Score von 8. Bei 86 einen von Userscore von 9. Falls eine 85 kommt entscheide ich ob ich es eher positiv oder negativ nehme. Regeln verstanden?
    Dann sind hier meine Punkte.

Mein persönlicher Score = 77/100
    Mein User Score = 8/10
  4. Dec 30, 2016
    Required alot of mods to fix. It became one of the best games in history with the amount of features you could add for free. I made a mod for it myself. A very interesting RPG.
  5. Dec 8, 2016
    Oblivion is a vast improvement over the Morrowind. The world became more colorful and dynamic, the combat became reactive and not an RNG snoozefest of its predecessor. The attributes (Strength, Dexterity, Charisma, etc.) are more meaningful, as they cannot be trivially raised to the cap. The skills are now not just for giving a % chance, they give tangible benefits and can even open theOblivion is a vast improvement over the Morrowind. The world became more colorful and dynamic, the combat became reactive and not an RNG snoozefest of its predecessor. The attributes (Strength, Dexterity, Charisma, etc.) are more meaningful, as they cannot be trivially raised to the cap. The skills are now not just for giving a % chance, they give tangible benefits and can even open the whole new strategies of gameplay. Magic specialties are now actually playable, and magic is even deeper and funnier to use. The dialog experience is better, as NPCs have their own personalities now. The quests became more dynamic, complex, and interactive. NPCs are no longer static, they have their behaviors and can interact with each other. Oblivion allows better modifications, with custom scripting and animations.
    Annoying Morrowind aspects like mod conflicts and incompatible localized versions are gone. Each mod exists in its own namespace now.
    The negative aspects of the game are badly made mob scaling making them undesirably difficult and limited face customization available by default. The voice acting budget looks significantly cut, and you can hear same actors spanning several races.
  6. Oct 5, 2016
    Truly one of the best games of all time (Or at least my favorite) even a decade after it's release date.
    Brings back so many nostalgic memories, everything ties together so well & the music can be separated from the game and still stand on it's own two legs.
  7. Jun 12, 2016
    Easily one of the best RPG games ever made. This incredible followup to Morrowind carries the same soul of the game while fixing many of the issues that Morrowind was often criticized for. Horses, fast travel, better merchant and leveling systems, better visuals, pretty much everything is much improved. Oblivion boasts a great story, gorgeous map to explore, seemingly endless amounts ofEasily one of the best RPG games ever made. This incredible followup to Morrowind carries the same soul of the game while fixing many of the issues that Morrowind was often criticized for. Horses, fast travel, better merchant and leveling systems, better visuals, pretty much everything is much improved. Oblivion boasts a great story, gorgeous map to explore, seemingly endless amounts of fun and quirky side-quests, excellent main quest and add-on material (looking at you Shivering Isles), and fantastic music. There are a handful of known bugs that can be fixed with the free "Unofficial Oblivion Patch" found online. Expand
  8. Mar 23, 2016
    Oblivion is-in my opinion-Bethesda's magnum opus.Yes,it's that epic.It includes a huge amount of quests,many RPG elements,a gameplay that's more fluid than Morrowind,with more balance in combat and magic.The main quest of this game is-hands down- the best main quest in the franchise.And it's very familiar with Lord Of The Rings.In the end,TES IV is my favourite game of all time.EspecialyOblivion is-in my opinion-Bethesda's magnum opus.Yes,it's that epic.It includes a huge amount of quests,many RPG elements,a gameplay that's more fluid than Morrowind,with more balance in combat and magic.The main quest of this game is-hands down- the best main quest in the franchise.And it's very familiar with Lord Of The Rings.In the end,TES IV is my favourite game of all time.Especialy since it's so addictive.I can't remember how many hours I've spent in this game.So with all that said I highly recommend you to play it.If your first Elder Scrolls game was Skyrim,you're gonna love even more Oblivion. Expand
  9. Feb 16, 2016
    Character dialogues are sub-par, the game doesn't live up to Morrowind or Skyrim, has an insane amount of bugs especially in the thieves guild quest line (some are drastic) and has a bad leveling system. Despite it's flaws I did enjoy various quests, loved the creativity, enjoyed the plot and overall enjoyed the game for the most part. Improved combat is featured in oblivion yet the worldCharacter dialogues are sub-par, the game doesn't live up to Morrowind or Skyrim, has an insane amount of bugs especially in the thieves guild quest line (some are drastic) and has a bad leveling system. Despite it's flaws I did enjoy various quests, loved the creativity, enjoyed the plot and overall enjoyed the game for the most part. Improved combat is featured in oblivion yet the world is much smaller and overall does not deserve any higher than 8 but no lower than 7. Expand
  10. Oct 17, 2015
    Due to the amount of time I've spent with the Elder Scrolls series, I feel I have to write something even if I should mostly repeat what I have written about Morrowind: The atmosphere of this game is fantastic in that it lets you explore foreign worlds in a rather purist interpretation of the modern RPG genre (although much more mainstream than Morrowind). There are a lot of surprisesDue to the amount of time I've spent with the Elder Scrolls series, I feel I have to write something even if I should mostly repeat what I have written about Morrowind: The atmosphere of this game is fantastic in that it lets you explore foreign worlds in a rather purist interpretation of the modern RPG genre (although much more mainstream than Morrowind). There are a lot of surprises waiting, a fantastic soundtrack, stellar lighting, atmosphere everywhere. Also, the game design is a little bit rough. Quirky quests, to say the least. Actually, I like that.
    My biggest contra: The levelling enemies (staying close to the player's strength) are a feature that kills immersion. The Gothic series and the "Nehrim" mod for Oblivion (both from Germany) show how serious enemies create suspense naturally, because the fear of being killed encourages precautions, and thus a much deeper involvement in the fantasy world. But, like with the quick travelling mechanism, Oblivion designers chose to play it safe - and it's not a complete game breaker.
    But there is also the big problem with the whole technology. For example, an uncomfortable interface not worthy of a title of that scale (although much improved from Morrowind). To refine the experience and make the game even more beautiful, to add new quests or entire worlds, or just to redefine the game mechanics, modding capabilities and a vivid community have resulted in tons of mods available - leaving almost no wish impossible. - But be warned: Frustration ahead. If you want to master the art of adding several mods, it's unavoidable to learn how to use multiple 3rd party tools in order to make that work. And it won't always. I cannot go into the details, but many a developer's career started modding Oblivion (or trying to). Alas, the technology behind Oblivion is not very satisfying. The whole data structure seems like a relic of an inferior choice from the past, and there are inconsistencies within the engine - a strong argument against modding such a game.
    Oblivion looks very good, but it is not a healthy game tech-wise. I can recommend it without hesitation, but I also want to urge the developers to continue the Elder Scrolls franchise from a more stable framework. (no luck in Skyrim yet)
  11. Jul 16, 2015
    Don't compare this game to Skyrim. It's unique, especially for the time it was released. Magnificent world, great storyline, absolutely fantastic soundtrack: this game has it all.
  12. Jul 10, 2015
    Definitely one of the greatest games ever made.
    Many Elder Scrolls fans hate this game because it is less hardcore than Morrowind pretty much just because it has a map marker but if you really hate the map marker switch to a different quest or something or get a mod to turn it off.
    Definitely one of the greatest games ever made.
    If you have only played Skyrim and not played any other Elder Scrolls games you should definitely play oblivion as most of the quests and quest lines are much better than Skyrim's quests and quest lines.
  13. May 27, 2015
    A technical improvement from Morrowind but a downgrade in playability with the system of "use an ability to level it", that keeps us doing things we don't wanted, for example, to improve Athletics we were jumping all the time instead of run or walk... fortunately all failures can be fixed and improved with mods. Thanks Bethesda for the TES Construction Set to improve beyond standards.
  14. Feb 16, 2015
    This game is most likely the greatest game I've ever played. I put many hours and lots of my computer's storage into beating this game. Music, Graphics, Quests, Character Creation: all the best of its time. I tell all my friends to play it.
  15. Dec 16, 2014
    Fun, a great variety of dungeons, caves towns etc to explore, some of the guild missions are fantastic, there's a lot of variety. I've played Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim and Oblivion is just more fun than the other 2, I enjoyed the dungeon crawling more and there seemed to be more other-worldy realms. No keyboard problems, not a 'bad port' in any way at all. The only criticism I mightFun, a great variety of dungeons, caves towns etc to explore, some of the guild missions are fantastic, there's a lot of variety. I've played Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim and Oblivion is just more fun than the other 2, I enjoyed the dungeon crawling more and there seemed to be more other-worldy realms. No keyboard problems, not a 'bad port' in any way at all. The only criticism I might have is that my character became invincible, but that could be fixed with mods though. There are a huge amount of mods of all kinds. Expand
  16. Sep 25, 2014
    The levelling system is pure pain. Without this, I'd give 10 with no hesitation. So much freedom! Be the a$$hole who makes innovation in murder techniques and get good laughs.
  17. Sep 6, 2014
    Finally I'm looking into one of the best PC RPGs next to Diablo II, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion! And let me just say, I'm not disappointed. Before I dove into my painfully long review, I want to get something clear: This is a review of the vanilla game, as in how the people at Bethesda intended it to be played. So no mods whatsoever, just pure Oblivion.
    Oblivion came out almost 8 1/2
    Oblivion came out almost 8 1/2 yars ago, but I just picked it up 2 weeks ago. Since then, I've logged in over 140 hours into the game, playing it nonstop. The game is just WAAAY to fun to be overlooked. It is possibly the greatest game I've ever played.
    You start out Oblivion as a prisoner. Based on what I'm told from other people, this is Elder Scrolls tradition. And somehow you get tied up in this plot with a demonic cult trying to kill the Emperor of Tamriel opening the gates of Oblivion to what I can only assume is hell. But apparently the Emperor has a bastard son and he's the only one who can saved the doomed world from Oblivion. And really you're just a side character standing there watching all the action unfold and even though you're crowned champion of Cyrodiil, really you're just a side character. So it's not that appealing. On the more positive side of things. . .
    One of the most amazing things about Oblivion is the system it uses called radiant AI. It gives each NPC a schedule; they'll wake up, eat their breakfast, go to work, go to the pub, or even, on occasions travel to another city. They'll also talk to one another, usually discussing the lastest news or how much they hate mudcrabs. And all of this adds to the living-breathing world factor of Oblivion, it's immersive and fun.
    Another thing that totally stunned me about Oblivion was the environment of Cyrodiil; it is gorgeous. Each part of the map is varied and different; there are the grasslands of the Imperial City, to the snowy mounntains of Bruma, to the swampy lowlands of Leyawiin and so on. Nearly 400 locations ranging from forts to Ayleid Ruins make the world feel much bigger than 16 square miles, and they immerse you, once again, adding to the living, breathing world factor.
    I also really enjoyed the quests as well. The main quest was good, but the side quests and factional quests are really what took the cake for me. I'll never forget when I killed 5 people at a party, and they had no clue I was the killer. Or how about that time I stole a FREAKING Elder Scroll for the Gray Fox? Awesome. Or my personal favorite, doing some dirty work for Sanguine, and stripping the Countess and her dinner guests down to their panties? There are plenty of colorful NPCs who will give you quests like this.
    Oblivion also features a fast-travel system, allowing you to fast travel to any location you had previously discovered, which I personally like since it cuts out all that unnecessary walkingeven though you've already discoveredthe place and it's kind of pointless having to walk 3 miles just to get there. Select characters and enemies level up with you, in my opinion that's a fascinating concept becasue it sucks all the fun out of the game if you hit level 50 and become GOD. Voice talent in Oblivion is great as well. They use some of the famous actor from movies like Terence Stamp (Superman) and Patrick Stewart (Star Trek). There are alot of cheesy lines, but it's a good and funny kind of cheesy, so I let it slide. Like in any RPG, you have skills and you level up, obviously. If there's one thing bad I can say about Oblivion, is that I've encountered a few bugs. PCs aren't supposed to have that big a problem with bugs as consoles. . .oh dear, then just think about how much worse it'll be on Xbox 360.
    So that's my review. As you can see, I have super positive feelings on Oblivion. I'm dying to play Morrowind and Skyrim (it's coming in the mail tomorrow) and all the DLC and expansions, and see if they're just as good if not better than Oblivion. But for right now, me and my level 35 Imperial Assassin are going to go have some fun with the Mages Guild.
    P.S. I'm sorry if I mispelled anything, I turned off the spell check.
  18. Aug 8, 2014
    The game lacked a little bit of climate from Morrowind, but the graphics were a huge improvement, the journal is finally readable, the map is really epic, and the game has a little Lord of the Rings feel to it.
    And you can actually feel the tension building when you see all of those Oblivion gates opening in greater and greater numbers everywhere on the map.
  19. Aug 2, 2014
    The problem of Oblivion was that it had to follow up to the absolute masterpiece that was previous chapter in TES series - Morrowind. Compared to that, it's true that Oblivion felt quite a bit weaker, locations were a bit too monotonous, the interface a bit too consolized, faces terribly ugly, voice acting over repeated to death, game mechanics simplified and to my taste it all felt a bitThe problem of Oblivion was that it had to follow up to the absolute masterpiece that was previous chapter in TES series - Morrowind. Compared to that, it's true that Oblivion felt quite a bit weaker, locations were a bit too monotonous, the interface a bit too consolized, faces terribly ugly, voice acting over repeated to death, game mechanics simplified and to my taste it all felt a bit too much like a kiddie fairytale sometimes. BUT... Oblivion was still capable to do what all the TES chapters do so well, immerse you in the world, make you forget the real one and let you enjoy the fantasy experience for hundreds of hours. While I wasn't a big fan of the leveling system where the enemies were leveling up along with you, it kept the challenge on par until the very end, also the economics and money seemed to be the best balanced from TES series, meaning you won't usually become a millionaire in a few days, but most importantly, Oblivion had imo arguably the best quest lines in TES series and that's a huge plus. Yes, the main quest with oblivion gates was terribly annoying and it made me skip it and run through them eventually, but the Mages Guild quests, Thieves Guild and especially Dark Brotherhood were just fantastic. This was also the first TES game where I was fully enjoying myself as a vampire. DLC's were ok, Knights Of The Nine being a nice big quest nicely implemented into the main game and Shivering Isles providing you the experience of something a bit different and a bit trippy. While I can't go for the full score here because of the shortcomings, Oblivion is still an excellent game and it would be a big mistake to miss out on this. 9/10 Expand
  20. Jul 16, 2014
    Really awesome,unique RPG game with interesting stories and quests.
    It has great story,graphics,this game can kep you entertained for many many hours.
    And of course,the Expansions,and the moddability launches the game in the sky!
  21. Jul 12, 2014
    Oblivion is mine most favorite TES game (morrowind is really close here) and one of mine most favorite games. This game got awesome world, great RPG system (improved morrowind system, witch is better than system in Skyrim in mine opinion (yes perks were good idea, but the removal of stats was not)). The biggest + this game has are the quests, Dark brotherhood and main quest line areOblivion is mine most favorite TES game (morrowind is really close here) and one of mine most favorite games. This game got awesome world, great RPG system (improved morrowind system, witch is better than system in Skyrim in mine opinion (yes perks were good idea, but the removal of stats was not)). The biggest + this game has are the quests, Dark brotherhood and main quest line are really fun to play and even other factions are solid. The side quests are awesome as well. The only bad think is enemy leveling system, but it can be moded.
    PS:
    I really recommend to mod this game hard, Oblivion got very good mods and it can became a game for a long play.
  22. Jul 8, 2014
    Vanilla Oblivion is nothing outstanding on its own with its poor leveling system and overly saturated visuals. Installing mods makes Oblivion a much better experience overall though. You can then experience the game's interesting questlines without having to run into the aforementioned issues.
  23. Jul 4, 2014
    Одна из самых лучших ролевых игр из когда-либо созданных.

Одна из самых лучших ролевых игр из когда-либо созданных.

The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion – идеальный пример компромисса между свойственной консолям упрощенностью и старыми добрыми традициями компьютерной ролевой школы. Игра, предоставляющая геймеру максимально широкий выбор – как играть и как проводить свою жизнь в этом мире. Главное, что перед нами по-прежнему самая красивая и самая большая ролевая вселенная (онлайновые игры не в счет), полная приключений и интересных возможностей, вселенная, в которой для игрока созданы самые идеальные условия. Серьёзных недостатков у игры просто нет, и не забывайте, что с помощью модов и плагинов можно сделать игру ещё лучше, главное - не переборищть. ;)
  24. Jun 24, 2014
    This is the review of someone who played Skyrim first, then read the negative critics about Skyrim telling that "Oblivion was the **** Skyrim sucks", and who decided to test Oblivion.

I have to say it's very hard to go back in time, and I could never enjoy the game as much as I wanted to. Those ugly faces, my god. The graphics were good for the time, but are pretty bad if you play it now

The quests are better, I have to admit it, and the whole Oblivion plan is what makes it interesting, but I have had a lot of difficulties with the inventory system, the combat and the sounds the hero makes when he/she attacks. I tried to finish it but I couldn't.

Hours of gameplay though, a nice open world, and lots of mobs all over the place

Conclusion : I should have played Oblivion before Skyrim came out !
  25. May 24, 2014
    Really awesome,unique RPG game with interesting stories and quests.
    And of course,the Expansions,and the moddability launches the game in the sky!
  26. May 5, 2014
    This is, by far, one of my favorite games of all time. It was my first sandbox, and for that it holds a special place in my heart. That being said, here is a review without rose tinted glasses:

TL; DR: Main story sucks hard, everything else makes up for it. Cons: The main story BLOWS. I mean it is awful, awful. I literally play enough to get the free horse and do everything

TL; DR: Main story sucks hard, everything else makes up for it.

Cons:
    The main story BLOWS. I mean it is awful, awful. I literally play enough to get the free horse and do everything else. And once you start, the oblivion gates just keep piling up and piling up, which would be fine if there was any variety to them, but there isn't. They do have good loot though...

Loot: meh. I love loot. love it, love it, love it. It isn't in this game.

Fighting: pretty much point and click, click, click, click. Not much brain used here.

Pros:
    Music: amazing!

Fighting: wah? you just said it was bad. Yes, unless using a bow. The bow actually takes into account gravity and distance!!!

Quests: super fun, except for the main one. Daedric quests are the best, oh those funny meddling gods!

Atmosphere/graphics: for the time pretty good. The immersion level is fantastic.

NPCs: most amazing part of this game. Every single NPC you see has their own unique routine. Every freakin' one. Yes, they have similar voices, but come on, for the time this was unheard of. It is this factor that truly makes this game a total immersion.

Guilds: Love 'em. There is a guild for everyone: fighting, magic, murder, mayhem. The world is your oyster!

Monsters: i've read a few reviews and this is a sore spot. People are angry monsters level with you. How is this even an isssue???? Why play a game if it is super easy and you can just run around and one shot things? Go play Wii cooking games if this is a problem for you. Seriously. There is a Barbie game for that console too I think. Go, have fun.

Play this game, especially if you liked either Skyrim or Morrowind. The three build on each other so well.
  27. Mar 21, 2014
    This game is still better quality than some of the games that are produced and released today, although Skyrim was an amazing game I still had way more fun in Oblivion than Skyrim. Although the AI in this game was a bit buggy and sometimes quests bugged out it is so much fun that it is easy to overlook these things. The two bad things about this game is that it's so addictive that you canThis game is still better quality than some of the games that are produced and released today, although Skyrim was an amazing game I still had way more fun in Oblivion than Skyrim. Although the AI in this game was a bit buggy and sometimes quests bugged out it is so much fun that it is easy to overlook these things. The two bad things about this game is that it's so addictive that you can get lost in it for too long and horse armour DLC. Expand
  28. Mar 16, 2014
    Oblivion is the best game i've ever played. As the fourth entry into the Elder Scrolls series, it certainly improves over Morrowind in almost every way. It's easy to spend hundreds of hours into the game and even more with mods. The lore and quest are all interesting and unique especially the Shivering Isles DLC. Oblivion is the perfect balance between Morrowind and Skyrim and, in myOblivion is the best game i've ever played. As the fourth entry into the Elder Scrolls series, it certainly improves over Morrowind in almost every way. It's easy to spend hundreds of hours into the game and even more with mods. The lore and quest are all interesting and unique especially the Shivering Isles DLC. Oblivion is the perfect balance between Morrowind and Skyrim and, in my opinion, the strongest of the three. Expand
  29. Mar 8, 2014
    It's amazing how this game managed to make me lose 200+ hours to it over all the amazing experiences I went through while playing it. I'm not really surprised. The game is beautiful, vibrant and in its own way, made me feel as if I was actually accomplishing something rather than just getting to the next objective. Skyrim was good, but it never gave me the same joy as when I was playing this game.
  30. Feb 3, 2014
    Story: 7 out of 10, Graphics: 10 out of 10, Fun: 8 out of 10, Controls: 6 out of 10, Difficulty: 8 out of 10, Length: 10 out of 10, Re-play: 6 out of 10, Value: 8 out of 10

1. It’s just so damned big. That’s what you’ll say after playing Oblivion for more than an hour. Or, for that matter, 50 hours.
  2. Oblivion is by far the closest I have come to playing D&D Sunday afternoons with my friends (yes, I did that, though I’m on medication now), all wrapped up in a stunning package with tens of thousands of lines of spoken dialog and good music.
    I honestly have to say that I am in favour of most of the changes and I think Oblivion is an awesome achievement from Bethesda.