8.6

1. Oct 3, 2010
    A perfect add-on for an already perfect game.I can't rate it 10 because it deserves 10+.It is just so cool the world the enemies the NPC's the weapons everything is changed and is a change for better.And you can play with the character you already have in The elder scrolls 4Oblivion.Sweet.
  2. Oct 23, 2010
    A good addon, a huge new set of quests added on top of an already epic game. This is a must get if you are a fan of the original game and wanna get back to play it again.
  3. Aug 7, 2011
    In many respects superior to the main Oblivion game (possibly a case of over-familiarity in the case of the latter); Shivering Isles is huge, features excellent writing, fun and varied quests, improved voice-acting and best of all? The locales and environment are highly reminiscent of those in Morrowind - I had severe bouts of nostalgia exploring the settlements and wilderness areas of the island.
  4. Aug 6, 2012
    As far as DLC goes, Shivering Isles is a prime example of DLC done right. It is curious how Bethesda's horse armour was a great example of how NOT to do it, and SI is the opposite. Like with Bloodmoon, the pack offers an entire new island which, in my opinion, surpasses the original game in terms of environment design because everything in Oblivion looked exactly the ruddy same. TheAs far as DLC goes, Shivering Isles is a prime example of DLC done right. It is curious how Bethesda's horse armour was a great example of how NOT to do it, and SI is the opposite. Like with Bloodmoon, the pack offers an entire new island which, in my opinion, surpasses the original game in terms of environment design because everything in Oblivion looked exactly the ruddy same. The dialogue in TES games is never that good, but it seems to fit Oblivion's wacky setting; there is some genuinely funny dialogue and the contrast between the areas in the island are interesting. The quests are just as wacky as the setting and the characters seem more colourful than any other Elder Scroll since Morrowind. Bethesda may not see it, but they always seem to be at their best when they're being wacky: such as Morrowind, the 'Gary' vault in Fallout 3 or the drinking contest in Skyrim. So now that you've read this so called review, email Bethesda now and tell them to make TES VI more like Shivering Isles. Expand
  5. Mar 4, 2012
    One of the best dlc expansions ever released. While the actual island is not that large in terms of space - (still pretty big) - it's a absolutely beautiful world. And unlike the dialog in oblivion, this game is seriously quirky.
  6. Jun 24, 2011
    This expansion is amazing, it adds a whole new world to Oblivion that you can travel freely to and from and also has a good storyline. It is very creative and fun to play, it adds new npcs, new quests, a new land, new dungeons and much more, Overall, it was worth every penny.
  7. Dec 2, 2012
    Possibly the best and most creative expansion of any game I've ever played. Even better than Skyrim's Dawnguard. Any Elder Scrolls fan that would make the mistake of not playing the Shivering Isles would be the equivalent of losing a limb. The Shivering Isles presents new worlds, zany characters and atmospheres you can't help but get lost in.
  8. Aug 5, 2013
    The best elder scrolls experience since Morrowind, great characters, great story, fun quests; this game is everything Oblivion was AND MORE. 10/10 My favorite expansion of all time.
  9. Jul 12, 2014
    This expansion and Mask of the betrayer for NVN 2 are the best RPG experiences i ever played. Shivering isle are such improvement over any TES expansion, or even any TES game (and i really like oblivion (mine most favorite open world RPG)). The art style is totally awesome, the size of this exp is huge, the story is superb and Sheogorath quotes are really funny. The funny think is thatThis expansion and Mask of the betrayer for NVN 2 are the best RPG experiences i ever played. Shivering isle are such improvement over any TES expansion, or even any TES game (and i really like oblivion (mine most favorite open world RPG)). The art style is totally awesome, the size of this exp is huge, the story is superb and Sheogorath quotes are really funny. The funny think is that oblivion got both best Expansion ever and the worst DLC ever (yeah horse armor). Expand
  10. Nov 10, 2013
    Excellent value for money adds a whole new world to explore completely different to Cyrodiil. The new realm itself is huge and varied with new enemies and interesting quests plus who doesn't like Sheogorath? Shivering Isles really doesnt do anything wrong and is big enough to be a game in itself, definitely worth the time of anyone who enjoyed Oblivion.
  11. Aug 2, 2014
    After seeing lots of praise for Shivering Isles, I must admit i was a bit disappointed, playing it as a part of the GOTY version, I entered this DLC right after about 200 hours of the main Oblivion including Knights of the Nine, being a bit burnt out by that time, finishing all the quests here felt a bit like a chore for me. I appreciate the effort for trying trying something new howeverAfter seeing lots of praise for Shivering Isles, I must admit i was a bit disappointed, playing it as a part of the GOTY version, I entered this DLC right after about 200 hours of the main Oblivion including Knights of the Nine, being a bit burnt out by that time, finishing all the quests here felt a bit like a chore for me. I appreciate the effort for trying trying something new however and the experience is definitely quite memorably and trippy (what else would one expect from the world of Sheogorath the prince of madness), but despite it being quite good I was glad when it was over and it's one of the least favourite DLC's in the TES series. 6/10 Expand
  12. May 5, 2014
    Note: I gave Oblivion (PC) a 9/10

This is the best DLC I have ever played in any game, ever. Literally, this expansion could stand on it's own. The monsters are challenging, the scenery is breathtaking and twisted, and the NPCs are insane and memorable. I loved this DLC more than Oblivion, and it is my favorite game.
    (the rest of the DLCs are garbage though)

It respects a player's ability to make decisions, offers some useful armor sets and weapons, and delivers up a vivid, more imaginative variation on the traditional high fantasy province of Cyrodiil.
  2. Shivering Isles is a bona fide masterpiece and the best that the Elder Scrolls series has to offer.
  3. With expansive lands and quests, the Shivering Isles brings forth a landscape that adds further dimension to the already impressive world of Oblivion. Players can find much sadistic joy in going mad.