8.2

1. Jul 30, 2017
    Even if this game wasn't released as a mess, it's not the game you're looking for. The combat system is extremely clunky, the AI is pretty low, the dragons aren't very impressive except when they're flying full speed backwards. This game is truly a circus gone wrong- physics is defied, mammoths fly, the ground vanishes, if you kill anything on a hill, loot it fast because Skyrim'sEven if this game wasn't released as a mess, it's not the game you're looking for. The combat system is extremely clunky, the AI is pretty low, the dragons aren't very impressive except when they're flying full speed backwards. This game is truly a circus gone wrong- physics is defied, mammoths fly, the ground vanishes, if you kill anything on a hill, loot it fast because Skyrim's mountains are all coated in butter, and that five thousand pound giant you just killed is sliding to the bottom even if it is just a 10 degree incline.

This game will be great once fans fix it and mod it... just like any other Bethesda game- so grats to the only company today that can not only get away with releasing broken games and getting fans to do all the work to make it playable... but the company that gets unbridled fanboy praise for doing so.

Anyone giving this game a 10 wouldn't know a good game if it came up and bit them on the face. We're seeing too many companies release broken games before they should be (because if this game was released without all the awful, and I'm talking game breaking awful, glitches, it would be amazing), and yet get away with it- why? Why are we settling for this? Why are games this flawed getting tens? A game that has numerous bugs that literally ruin the game, make main missions unfinishable, etc... is NOT A PERFECT GAME!
  2. Jul 20, 2017
    If you are an elder scrolls fan you won't like this incredibly large yet boring game. All you do is get lost exploring side content that never has a decent reward. Elder scrolls games haven't been good since morrowind. Skyrim is the first one to actually have decent visual appeal though. You CRAFT daedric armor in this game. Nothing is worth achieving in this game because its too mundaneIf you are an elder scrolls fan you won't like this incredibly large yet boring game. All you do is get lost exploring side content that never has a decent reward. Elder scrolls games haven't been good since morrowind. Skyrim is the first one to actually have decent visual appeal though. You CRAFT daedric armor in this game. Nothing is worth achieving in this game because its too mundane and the payout is bland. Expand
  3. Jun 15, 2017
    I tell it simple, Bethesda created great world, with awesome quests and good lore. I spent hundreds hours in game, but real joy is modding. Thanks them you can improve your gameplay thousands times. I thought that idea of paid mods was abandoned but E3 show us that this idea is still alive !, Supporting creators of big mods is nothing bad (i gave small amount of money them by patreon) butI tell it simple, Bethesda created great world, with awesome quests and good lore. I spent hundreds hours in game, but real joy is modding. Thanks them you can improve your gameplay thousands times. I thought that idea of paid mods was abandoned but E3 show us that this idea is still alive !, Supporting creators of big mods is nothing bad (i gave small amount of money them by patreon) but firstly it must be freewill. Moreover it should be good quality, big mod not just armor or patch (yes, skyrim is still bugged and modders created patch to fix it) because fixing game is developer job. If paid mods will be very good quality, big and very compatible, i am not against but if paid mods will be expensive and silly (like armor or something similar), this will be end of good product. Expand
  4. Dec 13, 2016
    I dont know why people like this. It is so boring. The world is not to my liking but hey it is my personal point of view. I tried getting into it but everything after 30mins or so I will lose interest in the game. I know people say it is a perfect game but if I cant get into it, it means the game is boring as hell for me.
  5. Oct 28, 2016
    No work..
    In mode window no work alt+tab, control+alt+supr, windows key.... the game work fine but is
    ridiculous.
    In full screen the game crash..

And the paid mods..
  6. Jul 6, 2016
    The game really is just a walking simulator with boring side quests and a cliche main quest. The combat system is awful. The sword fights are just long repeated clicks until the enemy is dead and the magic is just hold until enemy is dead. The game does look beautiful, and wandering around is pretty relaxing, but I wouldn't call this a "game". Very overrated...
  7. May 25, 2016
    This is very good gameplay but it has bad influence to people.
    It gives subconscious demonic messages it has names of real life demons to game gods or game humans that you
    This is very good gameplay but it has bad influence to people.
    interact with, also the name dragonborn what does it really mean, it is refering to antichrist ,who will show himself as a saviour (but the truth is that he cant even save himself),so the dragonborn ingame is the saviour of skyrim from the dragons.
    weapons and armor that you wear and use in game have the 666 on them if you look carefully also many other demonic symbols in artfacts buildings doors everywhere ,necklaces and many other things
    its not the first time i see this in a game but i think bethesda is gone too far with it
    bethesda you could make this game the best ever ,but no you had to put all this demonic stuff in it and make us discuss with your evilness.
    I TOTALLY DONT RECOMMEND THIS GAME ESPECIALLY FOR CHILDREN UNDER 20 YEARS OLD I REGRET BUYING THIS GAME i feel ive been decieved
    heres some videos i found in youtube about this matter you should check them out
  8. May 16, 2016
    this is just sandbox and very boring

if your mod it its fun in begin its will welcome boring again

story 1/10

all dungeon are same

4'/10 with mods
  9. Dec 19, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. battle system is terrible
    game is similar to hack and slash game. it is not rpg game
    bugs is everwhere. i could not finished game. i tried more times and i could defeat alduin but he did not help me. it is only 1 example
  10. DKR
    Dec 15, 2015
    Holy bejeebus. This is - without question - THE most overrated game OF ALL TIME. I can't f*** get away from this game; ITS EVERYWHERE! Sites, discussions, Steam sales, articles; you can't escape it! Why?!

The only reason I can come up with that this game is such a blockbuster is because: we have a new and ignorant generation that has never seen a rich RPG before. I'm gettin' old, so I remember when RPG's were deep, complex experiences that didn't even have voice acting yet. Still, these games immersed you in worlds and experiences you will never forget. Mario RPG, Final Fantasy (4, 6, 7, 8 specifically) Chrono Trigger...THESE were RPG's. They were stories of rich, vibrant, and lively characters with backstories that made you care about them, and tied them together with imaginative writing, complex battle systems, and music from the GODS.

Then comes Skyrim. The world is flat, empty, generic, lifeless, and the combat is more dated than the NES. I knew it was bad from the confusing monologue in the opening from the narcoleptic Russian whose voice actor couldn't remember what accent he was imitating.

Once you get away from the beautiful mountains, everything is colorless, stale, and boring. The whole game is washed out in palettes of brown, grey, and pale blue. Every village/city looks EXACTLY the same. It has ZERO style or substance at all. Even the weapons you get look very vanilla. It's a fantasy game! Where's the fire swords and icy staves and s***?!

Classes are useless cuz you can just be everything at once. Where's the diversity? Where do your decisions matter? They don't really matter in dialogue, either. At least I couldn't tell cuz the writing is so chaotic and poor. Characters were so uninteresting, I can't recall a single one, tho I can still name every char from all the above RPG's I listed.

Straight mage specs are STILL useless. You go oom WAY too fast, and do pitiful damage, while melee can 2 shot everything and never die. Stealth can 1 shot, crouch, vanish, rinse, and repeat until they clear a room. There's no mechanics to the fights. Run in range, mash your attack button and your potion button til you puke. I'm not kidding: that's it. That is the depth of this game's combat. I'm sorry, but if you find this fun past the 8hr mark, you have ADD. It's mindless and tedious; a game for idiots.

ALL OF THAT is if you can EVEN PLAY IT! Bugs, glitches, and crashes are a more threatening hazard than anything you'll face in game. Enemies sinking thru floors, dragons flying backward, save files corrupting, quest NPC's falling out of buildings to their deaths, unkillable mobs, player clipping into rocks which forces restarts, NPC's running off mid-dialogue, BUGS BUGS BUGS! You can't play 3min w/o running into a game-breaking glitch that you have to mod/cheat your way past. I spent 75% of my playtime just bug fixing. I'm not a play tester; I'm a customer.

Skyrim isn't even an RPG! Why is it rated as one?! A beat-em-up with some progression is NOT an RPG! It stands for ROLE PLAYING GAME! It's about you playing a role in an immersive story! "u r da chozn one go kill eryting xd" IS NOT A STORY, it's filler!

"BUT DA MODZ MKE IT ASUMMM! 11/10!!" Great. I'm glad the modders are amazing and create cool stuff, but THAT'S THE *** MODDERS! The GAME is a horrendous mess in any way that I approach it. How illogical can you be to give a clusterbomb of horrific, unfinished game "design" a 10/10 JUST BECAUSE YOU MOD IT!? That's like buying a Bieber album but burning your own music over it, then going "I love this album from Bieber 11/10 stop reading the negative reviews and just buy it!"

The critic reviews are obviously bought-out, which used to be unthinkable, but nowadays, it's standard practice for a AAA title to set aside some of it's budget to buy positive reviews. Seriously, think about it: how many times can you call the next CoD "the best cod yet"? 8x? 12x? 20x? I remember way back in 2005, critics were sick to DEATH of FPS's. Most likely, the standard of gaming has just fallen this low, because 10 years later, they're all the rage. What a tragedy...

This gen of kids think they got it all figured out. Buy this bug-ridden, unfinished, poorly designed "RPG" that ignores 2 decades of lessons from the past, mod/don't mod it, mash 2 buttons while fighting the same enemy for 3k (yes: three thousand hours), leave 1 line joke reviews ("ruined my life 5 starz") that get thousands of "likes", downvote all the negative reviews or leave a negative review of "stop reading negative reviews buy buy buy!!", and net the "creators" nearly one BILLION dollars gross profit, then blame "corporate greed" for the grand decline of gaming. Ah, humanity...

Meanwhile, Double Dragon Neon (console) - a modern classic - is forgotten in the sea of CoD clones.

After playing FO3, I had high hopes cuz I loved that game, but everyone calls it "Oblivion with guns".
    If that's true, then Skyrim is CoD with magic.

By idiots, for idiots.
  11. Nov 20, 2015
    + huge world
    + nice graphics
    - random, one-dimensional quests with binary choice (take it/don't take it) - forgettable NPCs - i remember only jarl of Whiterun (guess why), but no idea what was his name - bugs, crashes, glitches - aesthetics and functionality of UI (KB&M user PoV) - "perk" trees - gamebreaking items (+100 sneak) - short and unispired storyline - trashcanning ES
    + huge world
    + nice graphics

- random, one-dimensional quests with binary choice (take it/don't take it)
    - bugs, crashes, glitches
    - aesthetics and functionality of UI (KB&M user PoV)
    - "perk" trees
    - gamebreaking items (+100 sneak)
    - short and unispired storyline
    - trashcanning ES lore simply to introduce the most generic creature ever - a dragon

I don't get sandboxes. I really don't. It's boring, grindy hack'n'slash. Burn it with fire.
  12. Sep 4, 2015
    Probably the most overrated game in video game history...Skyrim redefines the word "SHALLOW" when it comes to video games and puts a new light on "Integrity" of our dear, bribed and conditionally blind professional "journalists".
    Poor main story, unimaginative to the bone, poorly presented, poorly executed, poorly paced, and like with all Bethesda games, with 0% characterization or any noticeable impact on the world.
    Horrible fetch X/kill Y side quests, repeated endlessly in a loop that comprise at least 75% of the game's "content"...there is no story here, no tangible reward, no unique dialogue or lore to discover, just mindless, generic grind.
    World is a theme park of dungeons, bandit camps and filled with babbling idiots who repeat the same inane nonsense on a loop...there is no sense of cohesion or place, no gripping atmosphere...it feels more like a Lego Box with toys stuffed into it to make it seem "full", rather than something designed with underlining vision behind it. Everything is copy pasted over another and by this I mean EVERYTHING...characters, dialogue, environment, music, quests...the game feels soulless to the core and more based on endlessly repeating algorythm, rather than handcrafted work of art with attention to detail and expressive characters/quests/environments. Skin deep is all you're getting out of Skyrim.
    Not a single line of engaging dialogue...Skyrim not even once made me laugh or cry or provoke emotional reaction of any kind. To put it bluntly: Skyrim is a game where you can get drunk with a God of Debauchery and STILL find yourself bored to death. Even Robots have more passion and creativity than people from Bethesda, when it comes to writing.
    Completely shallow rpg mechanics, dumbed down to the core, offering very little sense of character progression. Unbalanced and clumsy game play to the extreme, all basic combat mechanics are poor: hit reactions, animations, camera, combat sounds, AI, no dodge, no lock-on system. All crafting skills, spells, stealth: game breaking. Majority of perks are useless and nothing more than passives. Just spam your attacks like a brainless idiot ...that's the whole "strategy".
    Hillarious marriage "system"...embarassing to anyone who ever got laid, or even had any kind of contact with the opposite sex.
    Poor voice acting, small number of voice actors and except for a main theme song, completely uninspired sound track. Very basic sound design that even makes forests feel completely lifeless.
    Worst puzzle design of all time, practically designed to mock player's intelligence.
    Poor horse riding, absence of any good mini games.
    Freedom to do whatever you want!...Hah! More like play around in artificially level scaled Lego Box without a focused, engaging main storyline and filled with "quests" and "characters" completely disconnected from one another. Nothing you do ever has any kind of impact on ANYTHING.
    Ton of bugs, issues, crashes, glitches...Bethesda never lets you down.
    Comically bad user interface.
    No cinematics or cutscenes of any kind.
    Very limited interaction with the environment...only direction movement and jump/levitate when glitched...no climbing the ladders or jumping over ledges or anything similar.
    Very shallow "replayability"...how many lines did my Redguard have with other npc's regarding his background. Two. How many on my end? None.
    Only cosmetic and very minor gameplay changes that in the end affect "nothing".
    Freedom to be whovever you want! Hah!...No matter what skills you grind, your race is, who your "spouse" is, where your house is or whether you pick Imperials or Stormcloaks...everyone ends up in the end with the same generic MMO drone, that doesn't have even a single, discernable personality trait. Just like in the intro, where player has no dialogue options or shows any reaction even to the unfortunate situation that his HEAD is about to be CHOPPED OFF .
    In the end, I can say I played my share of good games, bad games, great games and anything in between. But there is no game that managed to leave the same impression such as Skyrim when finishing it after more than 150 hours...ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
    And that's exactly the score I'm giving it.
  13. Jun 26, 2015
    This game hardly deserves anything more that 7.0, but with all the fanboy hype I feel obliged to give it a zero because of its overrated scores.
    Here's what's wrong with Skyrim: - 1. BUGS BUGS BUGS. Lots of them. It should have been called Fantasy Bug Simulator 2011. 4 years have passed and Bethesda didn't give a damn to solve them, but introduced many more in their DLCs. Quite often
    Here's what's wrong with Skyrim:
    1. BUGS BUGS BUGS. Lots of them. It should have been called Fantasy Bug Simulator 2011. 4 years have passed and Bethesda didn't give a damn to solve them, but introduced many more in their DLCs. Quite often you stumble upon glitches that just make some quests unpassable without troubleshooting and finding solutions that often involve console commands. There are unofficial patches but they hardly solve even a half of bugs that can happen to you. So looks like fanboys and fools spread their hype, buy the stuff and Bethesda sees that it's okay they way it is: money is in the pocket and majority is happy.
    2. Autoleveling. Bethesda didn't learn this lesson from Oblivion. Enemy strength directly depends on your level and you get level by leveling up skills. Invest a lot of your effort into some non-combat skills like pickpocketing and blacksmithing and enemies are going to tear you apart.
    3. Class balance. While there is no standard class division in Skyrim, it's very likely you're going to choose between one or another way of fighting your enemies - be that melee weapons, ranged weapons or magic (because jack of all trades is master of none and even more importantly - autoleveling). One may think these three 'combat classes' should be sort of equal, but in fact they are not: mage totally sucks while warrior delivers by himself and archer in case he makes use of sneak attacks and poisioned weapons.
    4. Voice acting. First off it often sounds dull and amateurish. More than that, after many hours spent in the game you will notice that there were like dozen voiceactors that voiced all of the characters but didn't even try to change their voices in any way. You will hear completely different NPCs having the exact same voices and speech manners. Digital voice pitching alone could have solved that, but Bethesda is too greedy for the buck to try. Have a look at DOTA 2. Not only it probably has more voiceactors, they worked hard and quite often had their voices processed so that you'll hardly guess by yourself that some characters were voiced by same actors.
    5. Mods will fix it & paid mods. "Mods will fix it" is an unofficial Bethesda motto regarding Skyrim's problems and their unwillingness to work on something other than things directly bringing profit - new DLCs and titles. Unfortunately mods will never fix bad voice acting or bugs, but other than that mods have greatly improved the game beyond original vanilla state and also solved some of the aforementioned balance problems of Skyrim. And how does Bethesda treat the fabled hero folk of modders and gamers that supported this product? They introduce paid steam mods with only 25% of sales revenue going to content creators and 75% to Bethvalve. When they've faced the community rage, paid mods were abolished and here and there you could hear talks from Bethvalve and their minions trying to excuse themselves by saying they just wanted to support the modders, let them devote their time on a professional basis and earn money for their work. It's outright lies, what they wanted is to make shiny coins out of others' labor. More than than, the labor that sometimes does Bethesda's dirty work they're not willing to do themselves ("mods will fix it"). If they wanted to support modders, they could have simply inverted the revenue sharing so that modders would get 75%, but they were too afraid and abolished paid mods completely. Spineless skeevers!
  14. May 17, 2015
    If I I say this pro my friend they will kill me if I talk to hate the Skyrim Game controls are good and beautiful but boring and boredom **** **** .not think GOTY Game
  15. Apr 28, 2015
    Best PC game of this decade IMO. But paid mods will destroy it. Mods are the best thing about PC skyrim. This review is to protest that from happening. otherwise 10/10.
  16. Apr 28, 2015
    23/04/2015 - The day Gaben has forsaken us.
    Do not support paid mods! Down with Bethesda's greed!
    Keep the pressure up against these greedy companies, otherwise you'll see your beloved games gone forever.
  17. Apr 27, 2015
    I loved the community, which made mods cause they loved the game.
    Valve destroyed that in one night, together with Bethesda.
    I've translated mods and worked on other mods, never wanted a penny for it.

Valve eat **** and die, same Bethesda.
  18. Apr 27, 2015
    enough said. Bethesda has over stepped. We won't stand for this no longer, bend now or be destroyed by our hands. You are ruining a game that was good as is. Good luck with your now dying company.
  19. Apr 27, 2015
    The game without mods - 5/10
    The game with mods - 11/10
    The game with paid mods - 0/10

The paid mods has caused the community to divide, and steam has shown that they can't into quality control.
  20. Apr 27, 2015
    This game without mods - 4/10
    This game with mods - 10/10
    This game with paid mods - 0/10

Congratulations for destroying the biggest modding community in the world in one day, Valve.
  21. Apr 27, 2015
    This game is useless without mods.And they want money for mods now.Greedy bethesda and valve ruined the game.Just avoid.Do not support this corrupted bussiness plan.
  22. Apr 27, 2015
    A fantastic game, but the paid mod policies are awful. The intention is good, but the execution is a mess.
    I will not support Bethesda anymore until they change their policies regarding the MOD situation.
  23. Apr 27, 2015
    The game is alright even. Dungeons and quests are rather repetitive and the UI is rather horrible. You can fix these issues by installing mods. But be warned - in this game certain mods will be monetized.
  24. Apr 27, 2015
    Paid mods.....Bethesda are as much a part of it as valve.

I loved this game, and I loved the mods. This is a money grab pure and simple.

Greed Greed Greed Greed Greed Greed Greed Greed Greed
  25. Apr 27, 2015
    Paid mods are absolutely horrible, it is right up there with day-one dlc, early access, microtransactions, and preorders. Valve and Bethesda want to take other peoples work, sell it, and only give the modder 25%. The modding community has been going strong for years and modded because they wanted to not because of the money.
  26. Apr 27, 2015
    With the monitization of mods, I can not recommend this game. In Bethseda's defense, taking 1.5 times more than a service that hosts your software to download makes sense. However, since Valve takes 30%, it leaves creators with only 25% from each sale, and they demand that modders must make $100 USD before receiving any money at all. That means for a modder to see any money, they haveWith the monitization of mods, I can not recommend this game. In Bethseda's defense, taking 1.5 times more than a service that hosts your software to download makes sense. However, since Valve takes 30%, it leaves creators with only 25% from each sale, and they demand that modders must make $100 USD before receiving any money at all. That means for a modder to see any money, they have to sell $400 worth of mods before even seeing a dime.

The current paid mod workplace is filled with cash for gold, overpowered weapons and armor, stolen content, and various mods designed to break your game to force you to reinstall.

Overnight, Valve has destroyed a community that was driven not by "money as information" but goodwill and user feedback. Bravo.
  27. Apr 27, 2015
    This game without mods - 4/10
    This game with mods - 10/10
    This game with paid mods - 0/10

This is the worst thing to happen in 2015 because Valve and bethesda wanted more money then they already make.
  28. Apr 27, 2015
    Fans of this once great game now feel betrayed by Bethesda and Steam as they ruined this game completely. Mods were such a great lifeline of the community and now Paid mods is very much beyond a joke . Do not support this disgusting behavior by these company's. Skyrim has indeed sold its soul.
  29. Apr 27, 2015
    This game was amazing in the time before paid mods after that addition this game is terrible. Mods are what made this game for PC without them this game is average at best, but with paid mods this game is beyond terrible.
  30. Apr 27, 2015
    Game was OK at best vanilla, but full of bugs. The only way to fix bugs and make the game enjoyable was to add mods, which now the developer feels we should pay for, To fix their shortcomings, Its a joke really.

1. Feb 29, 2012
  2. Feb 14, 2012
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 19, 2012