8.2

1. Apr 27, 2015
    The game without mods - 5/10
    The game with mods - 11/10
    The game with paid mods - 0/10

The paid mods has caused the community to divide, and steam has shown that they can't into quality control.
  2. Nov 19, 2011
    Usless port.manny bugs.intro with no brain.menus are not made for pc.graphics are not what they are on screenshots (i have 2 gig on graphic memory).almost no help.i got no bond with the game or story within 15 mins as i had with other rpg games.stupid metod to see what better gear u get or have ...
    it gets 1 coz its an rpg title nothing more.THIS GAME SUCKS !!
  3. Nov 20, 2011
    Skyrim is what all hard core PC game fans have feared the most, Almost complete unedited console ports with little visible enhancements in graphics or sound, a crippled GUI that is made for console game controllers and a performance hit due to obviously unoptimised console to windows conversion tools.

This is and never will be considered a great game on the PC, if any fan of large open areas with a plethora of dark fantasy is considering buying this, my advice. If you haven't already, Get yourself the free to play MMO: Age Of Conan. The added bonus to a free MMO beyond been FREE is that you can meet people in this vast wasteland of a game. Oh and if you don't like it. At least it didn't cost you $100 to find out its drivel.

Skyrim, oh how the mighty have fallen.
  4. Nov 14, 2012
    Piontless boring crap. Everything an RPG should not be. Never ending aimless wandering around vast areas just hoping for that small grasp of exitement to come your way to make the previous 40 mins of aimless wandering worth it. You can talk to basicaly any npc you come accross and 99% of the time the communication is completely piontless, eg a farmer telling you about his latest crop yieldPiontless boring crap. Everything an RPG should not be. Never ending aimless wandering around vast areas just hoping for that small grasp of exitement to come your way to make the previous 40 mins of aimless wandering worth it. You can talk to basicaly any npc you come accross and 99% of the time the communication is completely piontless, eg a farmer telling you about his latest crop yield or some similar irrevelevant information. COMBAT IS A DISGRACE, two hands sticking out in front of you that swing swords or magic from like some kind of wooden spoon that your mother used to smack you with when you where a child. I cannot comprehend how people could possibly rate this game highly, i think the only logical explanation is that sadly gaming studios are producing games for the "masses" now like hollywood is doing with its movies eg transformers, shrek, spiderman ect.........unfortunately I think the masses of there target audiences are young kids who do not want well thought out intelligent complicated games, they want crap like skyrim and other similar rubbish. Expand
  5. Nov 14, 2011
    The face animations bother me, the voice acting is terrible. I played this game for 10 minutes, I could not stand the graphics. They are terrible, it is sad do they just not think to update their textures for pc?
  6. Nov 20, 2011
    Skyrim brings 'all flash no substance' to an entirely new level. Somehow people are impressed by having giant sub-par looking landscapes and tons of NPC's even if it substitutes an actually decent combat system, or basically any gameplay mechanic that's even remotely challenging or polished. If a game based around conflict doesn't have a good combat system, it has nothing. Plain andSkyrim brings 'all flash no substance' to an entirely new level. Somehow people are impressed by having giant sub-par looking landscapes and tons of NPC's even if it substitutes an actually decent combat system, or basically any gameplay mechanic that's even remotely challenging or polished. If a game based around conflict doesn't have a good combat system, it has nothing. Plain and simple. Bethesda opted for a big world instead of a well designed one, and that's what they got. I'd rather play several better smaller games then waste my time playing one bad big one. Expand
  7. Nov 25, 2011
    Oh boy was this game was a disappointment in The Elder Scrolls series whose downfall started with Battlespire and now continues with Skyrim. Where do I be begin? Let's start with the menus. The menus in Skrim can usually only be navigated with the keyboard and there is no notification or any type of feedback as to if you hit a menu item or not because all the goddamn menus are strictlyOh boy was this game was a disappointment in The Elder Scrolls series whose downfall started with Battlespire and now continues with Skyrim. Where do I be begin? Let's start with the menus. The menus in Skrim can usually only be navigated with the keyboard and there is no notification or any type of feedback as to if you hit a menu item or not because all the goddamn menus are strictly black, white, and grey! The inventory menu is an unintuitive mess. It's awkward to navigate, it doesn't show your character so you have no clue what the **** is on your character unless you go through every single goddamn menu with in the inventory screen. To make it even worse, menus overlap at times and its impossible at a single glance to tell which menu is active. As if all of this wasn't bad even enough, simply pressing "escape" will bring up the main menu screen over any other menu screen you have open but you can't save or load from it until you close what ever menu screen you had up under the main menu. The menus in Skyrim are the worst I've ever seen in a game hands down. -2 points

Controls; The default controls can charitably described as: Passable. This normally wouldn't be a problem, but skyrim has a few 'holy grail' buttons that you CANNOT remap. Good examples of this are the left mouse button, F, E, R, and Q. Try remapping any of those functions and new key you mapped doesn't work AND what ever you mapped to any of those keys doesn't work! Outstanding programming here! Next the favorite menu has potential to be good, but fails miserably. The Favorites menu pauses the game has a list of all items/spells you want to be able to quickly equip without going through the cluster****ed inventory screen. You can also set the number keys 1 to 8 to quickly use or ready something, however that's it. You can't use any other keys than 1 to 8. What the **** Why cant you atleast use all of the keys in that row or atleast use keys other than the number keys for that **** As if this piss poor design wasn't already bad enough, You cannot block while; duel wielding or having magic ready in 1 hand. You cannot cast while having a bow, 2 handed weapon, or shield out. This **** wasn't a problem since Daggerfall and now it's back 15 years later? -4 points

Graphics; Okay, so the graphics are mostly good in the towns and dungeons and around the main roads. Heaven forbid you go off the beaten path! Even with all settings maxed out, the mountain textures look like they were pulled from morrowind 10 years earlier! Using the excuse: no one goes there is a fallacy in that The Elderscrolls games have ALWAYS been about exploring. To salt the wounds, Skyrim also offers no option to turn off BLOOM or HDR, both of which are abused to the point that the UN would step if they were citizens of any 3rd world country. -2 points Next us the skill system which is an interesting but inherently flawed step forward. To make things more interesting bethesda decided to add perks to skills which is an amusing thought and certain adds some depth, but it fails to make up for the removing of several skills and attributes all together. What the **** were they thinking? There is no unarmed skills, no way to increase your jumping/falling abilities, no way to increase your movement speed, and for a final kick to your ribs while you're down; you can't fight or do anything while underwater anymore. -2 points

Thanks for trying, better luck next time, game over! 0 out of 10. This game shows not only a lack of respect and care for the PC release of a game, but also pure enmity toward PC games as a whole. do not pay money for this monstrosity!
  8. Dec 1, 2011
    NOT A GOOD GAME AT ALL! specially after playing the true GREAT RPGs that came out this years such as Witcher 2, Dark Souls and Skyward Sword. Skyrim does nothing better than the other RPGs, other than the cool title screen chant song. In fact when compared, one can easily tell how outdated it its, in its game play mechanics, and characters animations. Take heed, this game is worth nothingNOT A GOOD GAME AT ALL! specially after playing the true GREAT RPGs that came out this years such as Witcher 2, Dark Souls and Skyward Sword. Skyrim does nothing better than the other RPGs, other than the cool title screen chant song. In fact when compared, one can easily tell how outdated it its, in its game play mechanics, and characters animations. Take heed, this game is worth nothing more than a rental. Expand
  9. Apr 27, 2012
    Game is boring as 100 year old grandpa. The only positives it comes up with is graphics, fighting and music. Rest of it is sadly on low level. Threw it away on the garbage after 5 hours of playing. Wearisome story line and most of the side quests, option of fast travel (why you need to buy a horse if you can use it ?), inflexible characters, bunch of tips for retards which kill gameGame is boring as 100 year old grandpa. The only positives it comes up with is graphics, fighting and music. Rest of it is sadly on low level. Threw it away on the garbage after 5 hours of playing. Wearisome story line and most of the side quests, option of fast travel (why you need to buy a horse if you can use it ?), inflexible characters, bunch of tips for retards which kill game play and sadly lack of enemy NPC 's when you decide to travel normally. I think creators converged only on the size and beauty of the world they created, ignoring other aspects of the game. A very overrated production Expand
  10. May 16, 2013
    The only redeeming factor about this product is the soundtrack and endless mods. Bethesda released a very broken and unfinished product w/ countless glitches, bugs and errors. Nearly everything about this game is bland and uninspiring.
  11. Sep 9, 2013
    Probably one of the worst and most overrated games ever made.

Probably one of the worst and most overrated games ever made.

The world is so huge, yet it is completely lacks good and unique content, 80% of the quests are just boring fetch-quests. All you do is hike around and collect thousands of worthless items that you don't need. The best items in the game can only be made by the character with generic items, anything that you find (weapons, armor) is worthless. The entire game is level scaled, so there is absolutely no feeling of progression. The RPG mechanics are practically non-existent (in other words, they are terrible), the story is terrible, the Inventory and UI are terrible, the voice acting is horrendous. I could go on forever.
  12. Apr 10, 2013
    Maybe the worst game ever.I played it 80 hours and finally realised that this game is repeating itself it started it at early every cave looks same.Every place is full with same enemies.Why are there enemies in this game when you hit them once and they are dead.I was excited about this game my friends told me this game is being good.When i killed the first dragon I had a feeling ofMaybe the worst game ever.I played it 80 hours and finally realised that this game is repeating itself it started it at early every cave looks same.Every place is full with same enemies.Why are there enemies in this game when you hit them once and they are dead.I was excited about this game my friends told me this game is being good.When i killed the first dragon I had a feeling of success.10 minutes later another dragon.easy to kill.After completing some caves i met another dragon killed it.Now after like 10 hours game play it started to repeat itself.After 5 minutes another dragon.Again after 5 minutes dragon.Same caves same enemies.It started do bore me but i wanted to finish what i have started.I finished this game realising final boss was easier than normal dragons whats up with that.Really boring.Also crashes often.Has very large amount cliches. Expand
  13. Nov 18, 2011
    Absolute garbage not worthy of the Elderscrolls name! What we're they thinking when they made this? I bought this game with very high expectations only to be very disappointed by the mediocre gameplay to the wonky interface and whats with those graphics?....cmon!! Such a shame to see that the Elderscrolls has been reduced to this shoddy and buggy mess!
  14. Jan 3, 2014
    i must confess i just created this account to express my ongoing dystopian feeling about this game. i mean "wtf is this?" a game so full of bugs its rarely playable 2(!!!) years after showing up.
    i actually still read new threads about the bugging engine today!(64hertz bug im talkin about). an engine, programmed several years (seven ago by an expanding software company which actually bugs TODAY, guys. yes it bugs TODAY!!!
    after several sleepness nights of thousands of users trying to make fallout 3, fallout nv and now actually skyrim run without permanent bugs, this flippin engine still bugs!
    now that i call user-friendly programming. and the hype still continues. 2 expansions big time hype lots of money NO FIX! WTF IS Up here how can this game be so overhyped? its not even running! This world is CRAZY! nothing about the game itself, as all other bethesda titles the gameplay COULD BE awesome. but wtf you bethesda guys living on the moon? fix your goddamn games for christ sake, hear the community of thousands of people complaining and FIX IT!
    this behaviour totally deserves a 0. we would still sit on trees if the whole humankind would be that stubborn.
  15. Nov 21, 2011
    Starting off the game with a poorly scripted introduction, into a world of non-existent auto-save and useless magic. The graphics are meh, and the creators constantly blame the poor quality of the game on the fact that the game covers so many aspects. Well I have an idea for you developers, make a game that covers less aspects that isn't **** Getting killed and having to redo entire bossStarting off the game with a poorly scripted introduction, into a world of non-existent auto-save and useless magic. The graphics are meh, and the creators constantly blame the poor quality of the game on the fact that the game covers so many aspects. Well I have an idea for you developers, make a game that covers less aspects that isn't **** Getting killed and having to redo entire boss fights, and navigating through a console ripped inventory system that won't let you equip weapons properly. Not to mention the half mouse based and half keyboard based game menu and lack of in-game graphic settings sets the fate of a 50 dollar Farcry 2, and Fall Out 3: New Vegas texture bundle.
    I do not suggest buying this game unless your a fan boy peasant who likes whatever mainstream **** comes out because your friends think its cool.
  16. Dec 24, 2012
    how does this game have a 94 rating?
    it's horribly boring. i struggled to play for 12 hours, and was honestly bored out of my mind from hours 2-12. The only time that i really enjoyed skyrim was the first 15 minutes while i was creating my character.
    how does this game have a 94 rating?

the combat is clunky and horribly out-dated. you aim with your mouse and left-click to swing your sword. in 1997 i played a game with the exact same controls. the physics are horrible. you cant interact with, smash, push, pull, or break anything. while walking around you spontaneously stumble off of 3 centimeter hills and fall to your death while simultaneously being able to ride your horse up 90 degree slopes. how can a 2011 game not have multiplayer? the game is like pamela anderson: beautiful on the outside, but full of hepatitis, plastic, and other unmentionable things on the inside.
  17. Apr 27, 2015
    "Remember, remember, the 24th of April, when god become greedy devil, when a savior become a destroyer" - NO PAID MODS (there are nothing more to say but sad 150 charactersssssss)
  18. May 16, 2013
    Only redeeming factor about this game is the soundtrack and countless mods. The developers released a broken product with countless bugs and errors; leaving it up to the community to finish the game for them. With that said, this game isn't my cup of tea. Sure the atmosphere is very inspiring, and the combat is enjoyable.

However the lore, story, characters, spells, UI, and just about

However the lore, story, characters, spells, UI, and just about nearly everything else is uninspiring and bland. There is really no incentive to continue playing after finishing the main story, the remaining portions of the game are generic in every way.
  19. Apr 28, 2015
    23/04/2015 - The day Gaben has forsaken us.
    Do not support paid mods! Down with Bethesda's greed!
    Keep the pressure up against these greedy companies, otherwise you'll see your beloved games gone forever.
  20. Nov 26, 2011
    The game is boring. You spend 90% of your time running around the world (boring) and going through dark dungeons with maybe 15 easy creature fights (boring).. Combat is shallow and uninspiring with no skill or challenge. An FPS gears of wars game requires more tactical combat techniques (duck+shoot, duck + blind shoot+ shooting from the hip+ aim shooting + when to roll and seek cover+The game is boring. You spend 90% of your time running around the world (boring) and going through dark dungeons with maybe 15 easy creature fights (boring).. Combat is shallow and uninspiring with no skill or challenge. An FPS gears of wars game requires more tactical combat techniques (duck+shoot, duck + blind shoot+ shooting from the hip+ aim shooting + when to roll and seek cover+ weapons that are actually used differently and tactically in different situations = all required to play the game) This game, either swing a floaty sword or use range (all range is the same) Expand
  21. Jul 7, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. i don`t like this game ,it is just fallout in medieval time,it have allot of bugs and the graphics is not that good (age of conan have much better graphics and that is an mmorpg) overall it is annoying to play with all the static npc messing the same ting over and over Expand
  22. Nov 20, 2011
    I couldn't even give this a score due to the fact that i was unable to even get past the first cutscene of the game. Truly disappointing that a scripted piece of the game was broken. Character models were missing entirely and my own character model was stuck halfway through the wagon.
  23. Sep 4, 2015
    Probably the most overrated game in video game history...Skyrim redefines the word "SHALLOW" when it comes to video games and puts a new light on "Integrity" of our dear, bribed and conditionally blind professional "journalists".
    Poor main story, unimaginative to the bone, poorly presented, poorly executed, poorly paced, and like with all Bethesda games, with 0% characterization or any noticeable impact on the world.
    Horrible fetch X/kill Y side quests, repeated endlessly in a loop that comprise at least 75% of the game's "content"...there is no story here, no tangible reward, no unique dialogue or lore to discover, just mindless, generic grind.
    World is a theme park of dungeons, bandit camps and filled with babbling idiots who repeat the same inane nonsense on a loop...there is no sense of cohesion or place, no gripping atmosphere...it feels more like a Lego Box with toys stuffed into it to make it seem "full", rather than something designed with underlining vision behind it. Everything is copy pasted over another and by this I mean EVERYTHING...characters, dialogue, environment, music, quests...the game feels soulless to the core and more based on endlessly repeating algorythm, rather than handcrafted work of art with attention to detail and expressive characters/quests/environments. Skin deep is all you're getting out of Skyrim.
    Not a single line of engaging dialogue...Skyrim not even once made me laugh or cry or provoke emotional reaction of any kind. To put it bluntly: Skyrim is a game where you can get drunk with a God of Debauchery and STILL find yourself bored to death. Even Robots have more passion and creativity than people from Bethesda, when it comes to writing.
    Completely shallow rpg mechanics, dumbed down to the core, offering very little sense of character progression. Unbalanced and clumsy game play to the extreme, all basic combat mechanics are poor: hit reactions, animations, camera, combat sounds, AI, no dodge, no lock-on system. All crafting skills, spells, stealth: game breaking. Majority of perks are useless and nothing more than passives. Just spam your attacks like a brainless idiot ...that's the whole "strategy".
    Hillarious marriage "system"...embarassing to anyone who ever got laid, or even had any kind of contact with the opposite sex.
    Poor voice acting, small number of voice actors and except for a main theme song, completely uninspired sound track. Very basic sound design that even makes forests feel completely lifeless.
    Worst puzzle design of all time, practically designed to mock player's intelligence.
    Poor horse riding, absence of any good mini games.
    Freedom to do whatever you want!...Hah! More like play around in artificially level scaled Lego Box without a focused, engaging main storyline and filled with "quests" and "characters" completely disconnected from one another. Nothing you do ever has any kind of impact on ANYTHING.
    Ton of bugs, issues, crashes, glitches...Bethesda never lets you down.
    Comically bad user interface.
    No cinematics or cutscenes of any kind.
    Very limited interaction with the environment...only direction movement and jump/levitate when glitched...no climbing the ladders or jumping over ledges or anything similar.
    Very shallow "replayability"...how many lines did my Redguard have with other npc's regarding his background. Two. How many on my end? None.
    Only cosmetic and very minor gameplay changes that in the end affect "nothing".
    Freedom to be whovever you want! Hah!...No matter what skills you grind, your race is, who your "spouse" is, where your house is or whether you pick Imperials or Stormcloaks...everyone ends up in the end with the same generic MMO drone, that doesn't have even a single, discernable personality trait. Just like in the intro, where player has no dialogue options or shows any reaction even to the unfortunate situation that his HEAD is about to be CHOPPED OFF .
    In the end, I can say I played my share of good games, bad games, great games and anything in between. But there is no game that managed to leave the same impression such as Skyrim when finishing it after more than 150 hours...ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
    And that's exactly the score I'm giving it.
  24. Apr 28, 2015
    Best PC game of this decade IMO. But paid mods will destroy it. Mods are the best thing about PC skyrim. This review is to protest that from happening. otherwise 10/10.
  25. Dec 1, 2012
    How can I enjoy a glitchy call of duty black ops RPG engine with gameplay all the way back from Morrowind. Go play Monster hunter if you really want to hunt dragons. Come on Spike TV were you drunkk. Link to Past has a better over-world. Bethseda how did you get here oh yeah I remember you went to Las Vegas. Heck go play Duck hunt.
  26. Apr 27, 2015
    This game without mods - 4/10
    This game with mods - 10/10
    This game with paid mods - 0/10

Congratulations for destroying the biggest modding community in the world in one day, Valve.
  27. Jul 19, 2013
    Skyrim is terrible for a multitude of reasons:

- It is layered in glitches. - Almost everything vaguely involving physics instantly screws up. - The controls are far too similar to an arcade game. - Jumping turns you into a glider. - Combat feels like you are playing as a cardboard cutout of a fantasy hero stereotype waving cardboard boxes around your head. - The
    Skyrim is terrible for a multitude of reasons:

- It is layered in glitches.

- Almost everything vaguely involving physics instantly screws up.

- The controls are far too similar to an arcade game.

- Jumping turns you into a glider.

cardboard boxes around your head.

- The graphics are very slightly better than the first game in the series.

- All of the features are unoriginal or stolen.

- It takes you a few hours to walk somewhere, only to find out that it is identical to where you set out
    from

- The plot makes no sense and is unoriginal: You play as someone who is different to everyone else
    for no particular reason.

- The animations just look abysmal.

- The size of this list, just explaining what is wrong with basic features.

Some of the only good features is the absurd possibilities with modding, but even then.
  28. Dec 6, 2013
    When I played this game, I loved it, but after 2 hours of game play I started to became crazy, this game is FULL of glitches, bugs and crashes, and not the simple ones; the very bad ones!!!
    My game has:
    -Crash in black Screen -Crash in error -Crash in the game stop working -Crash that makes impossible to make the story (happened to me 3 times) -Horses that fly -Black boots (All
    My game has:

-Crash in black Screen
    -Crash in error
    -Crash in the game stop working
    -Crash that makes impossible to make the story (happened to me 3 times)
    -Horses that fly
    -Black boots (All the boots became black and shiny)
    -Trolls that fly
    -Dragons that are friendly
    -My character stuck on the ground
    -My character going down the world and getting in a infinite void
    -Explosions between battles
    -VERY LONG (Like 3 hours) CHARGING SCREENS
    -Stupid characters not following (The one from the start)
    -Instant suicide (My character dying)
    -And many other Bugs, Glitches and Crashes

So that is why I think this game should be erased from this planet, this game sucks!!!!
    NEVER BUY IT!!!!!!!!
  29. Nov 24, 2013
    I had to create an account just to review this game, and I'm gonna say why it is the best game I've ever played. You can clearly see the effort and emotion Bethesda put in this game, the level of detail in small things, such as plants, books, miscellaneous items is incredible. One may argue that it's not well made and has a lot of bugs, I don't find that to be true, Skyrim has bugs, yes,I had to create an account just to review this game, and I'm gonna say why it is the best game I've ever played. You can clearly see the effort and emotion Bethesda put in this game, the level of detail in small things, such as plants, books, miscellaneous items is incredible. One may argue that it's not well made and has a lot of bugs, I don't find that to be true, Skyrim has bugs, yes, but they are only there because the developers crafted a world with a mind blowing amount of things in it, they were not aiming to do a linear 5 hours game, but to create something new and different, and I'm completely happy if that incurs some bugs. But by now, most bugs are gone thanks to the official and unofficial patches and the game runs pretty good, way better than the atrociously optimized pieces of crap that are being released for PC nowadays.

However, for me, the prime reason that makes this game so great, is the modding community which is beyond awesome and releases mods that improves the gameplay in every aspect. Someone might say that Bethesda has no merit in this, but I disagree, since game is mod-friendly and they made modding tools available for the community to use. As I like to say, if you haven't played Skyrim on PC you haven't played Skyrim. It's another game, really. Which makes me pretty happy, because PC gamers are always held hostage by the console crowd, but not with this game. Skyrim for PC is awesome, beautiful graphics, huge world, great lore, amazing soundtrack...And if you happen to find a thing that you don't like about the game, I'm sure there is mod that fixes or improves it.

Bethesda really did a great job, Skyrim set the standards of medieval RPG's in terms of world exploration, lore and immersion. For me, it is a giant leap forward from Oblivion, even if it got a little simplified in character development (I really miss the attributes), but, as always, there are mods that help with that. Long time Elder Scrolls fans that still complain about this game are probably somewhat blinded by the nostalgia of the older games, and I bet 10 years from now Skyrim will be considered an all-time classic, if it's not already. Take my word for it, Skyrim is a completely awesome game, may not be perfect or might not be a game for everyone, but it's flaws can be easily overlooked when you consider the whole picture, make no mistake, once you start playing it, you are not going to need another game for a very long time.
  30. Apr 3, 2013
    This is a fantasy gone wrong. The gameplay is too long, combat sucks, the general plot makes it worst. Only good stuff this has is graphics. Everyone was hyped up about it, made me waste my time. Don't waste your time

1. Feb 29, 2012
  2. Feb 14, 2012
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 19, 2012