8.0

1. Aug 29, 2015
    If you haven't played this absolute gem, or at least never tried it, you should die. This is an amazing mix of adventure, action and roleplay, character creation is absolutly wonderful, there is a vast open world, ready for you to be discovered, full of secrets and danger, fun side quest that are realy worth your time (so is the main quest). Excellent theme song and in-game music andIf you haven't played this absolute gem, or at least never tried it, you should die. This is an amazing mix of adventure, action and roleplay, character creation is absolutly wonderful, there is a vast open world, ready for you to be discovered, full of secrets and danger, fun side quest that are realy worth your time (so is the main quest). Excellent theme song and in-game music and sound, there are only a few voice actors, but they are al ok. The game can perhaps be a little time consuming and may be a little bit boring at certain points, yet the long length is one of the many highlights. Sometimes there are a few glitches, but I only noticed most of them after my third or so playthrough (you can play this game over and over btw). If you're paying it on pc, there are certaintly some good and useful/ bug-fixing/ graphic-enhancer mods. This game is surely one of the best and my absolute, all- time favorite masterpiece. Expand
  2. Aug 28, 2015
    This game rocks, but it also has a few key issues.

Lacks the customization and great story like Morrowind, but combat has been improved and fighting dragons is a lot of fun. There is a ton of content here and the world is amazing! My main gripes about this game are the voice acting, lack of difficulty and bugs. As with all Elder Scroll games, it has a ton of bugs which is a huge
    This game rocks, but it also has a few key issues.

My main gripes about this game are the voice acting, lack of difficulty and bugs. As with all Elder Scroll games, it has a ton of bugs which is a huge pain and eye sore. As for the difficulty, once you get crafting down the game becomes incredibly easy and this also deters from the fun of exploring because you will not get any loot better than what you can make. I think Bethesda only hired about five voice actors for this game. There are waaaaaaay too many characters who sound the same throughout this huge world! Seriously hire more voice actors! After about 100 hours this game becomes boring, but that being said, this is a game you can easily put 100 hours into so its gotta be good!

Not as great as Morrowind, but better than Oblivion, Skyrim is definitely a must have for RPG and adventure gamers!
  3. Aug 26, 2015
    Best RPG of all time, Kudos to its modding community. It is the only game that encourage players to create their own talent on mobs and showcase on skyrim due to their creation kit, it is the best. It is time to change your review from negative to positive, they had removed paid mods once again. The game doesn't deserve the negative review, it is just their wishful thinking. They hadBest RPG of all time, Kudos to its modding community. It is the only game that encourage players to create their own talent on mobs and showcase on skyrim due to their creation kit, it is the best. It is time to change your review from negative to positive, they had removed paid mods once again. The game doesn't deserve the negative review, it is just their wishful thinking. They had realize their stubbornness and greediness and they won't do that again. Expand
  4. Aug 25, 2015
    Yeah maybe the game is huge but what else...not much. Boring, really. One can play through a game like Oblivion only so many times. Skyrim is very similar, only the story is even worse. As a gamer I expect the devs to treat me with respect that dictates them trying a bit harder than just adjusting and changing 10% of the recent game and release it as new title. I expect new story, I expectYeah maybe the game is huge but what else...not much. Boring, really. One can play through a game like Oblivion only so many times. Skyrim is very similar, only the story is even worse. As a gamer I expect the devs to treat me with respect that dictates them trying a bit harder than just adjusting and changing 10% of the recent game and release it as new title. I expect new story, I expect to be immersed, I expect great, interesting quests and characters. Nothing besides the music is above average in Skyrim plus I had to deal with the horrid console interface. What a joke.
    You can mod this game to hell and back and then it gains some color but vanilla Skyrim is a pale experience. Rating it based on mods would be giving credit to Bethesda instead where it is really due - the mod community. I feel that Skyrim brought me mediocre entertainment and in that term it is no better than Risen 2, yet it presents slighly higher production values, for example music and larger world.

Story
    I hoped it would be something different, a lot better than Oblivion but I was dissapointed. The same jailed cutscene I can understand, that is TES franchise trademark so to say. But everything other besides that featured in the game. The Dovakhiin hero role playing is a lot worse than any TES earlier games. I literally had to force myself to sit through this and I consider the time lost forever.

Graphics/Gameplay
    Dated on premiere day. Same console bull_____. Bad user interface ensures a pc player has trouble with smooth, fast action gameplay. The inventory is all over the place. Really a pain.
    Gaining skills and abilities has been changed for far far worse than in TES : Oblivion. It makes developing the character a chore and a needless, uninteresting grindfest. Few quests are good, hundreds do not deserve to take any self-respecting gamers` time.
    Actor models are horrific, bland robots. They did nothing to even help me submerge in the game`s world. They act in an incredibly scripted way, they are pathetic in showing any emotions at all, even the actor conversations are terrible.
    Maps/locations are huge and pretty, I give it that. But I haven`t come into anything remotely different than with any other rpg title. The same caves, same jail buildings, same castles, same tunnels I went through countless times before. The only thing that caught my attention are the open grounds like say waterfalls and some awesome sightseeing spots in the mountains.
    In the above locations are the same enemy types, all uncreative. I never came to meet an enemy I wouldn`t be able to characterise (strenght/health/magic etc.) at the plain first sight. Same ole spiders/zombies/thieves/monks/trolls/lions etc. What a waste of development time.

Music
    Beautiful music, easily the strongest feature of Skyrim. Goes well with all character scenes. I caught myself exploring only due to the orchestra of different quite epic tunes.
  5. Aug 23, 2015
    The PC version of Skyrim is hands down one of the best improvements you could get over the console versions of the game. Console commands make it possible to do the impossible, such as fly at maximum speed all the way across Skyrim's vast map (not recommended, can crash the game), customise your character after completing "Unbound", spawning layer upon layer of cheese wheels, change NPCThe PC version of Skyrim is hands down one of the best improvements you could get over the console versions of the game. Console commands make it possible to do the impossible, such as fly at maximum speed all the way across Skyrim's vast map (not recommended, can crash the game), customise your character after completing "Unbound", spawning layer upon layer of cheese wheels, change NPC genders and race to make them weird hybrids, and so much more. Also, you have the mods. So MANY mods. In fact, there are so many that it extends Skyrim's replayability to about a decade or more. A couple of gems include swearing Mudcrabs, a laugh track that plays when people die or lockpicks break, playable giants, new races, fully open locations (meaning no loading screens whatsoever when going into buildings), playable NPCs, new armour and weapon additions, lightsabres, and even graphical mods that go far beyond what any console is capable of handling, and that's just barely even scratching the surface. After all I've said, and if you have the specs to run it, PC Skyrim is a gem you don't want to miss out on. Expand
  6. Aug 21, 2015
    This game is amazing. Very good storyline, replay value, soundtrack etc. The only reason I didn't give it a 10 is the glitches because there are so many and at times can be frustrating.
  7. Aug 21, 2015
    Best game of the last decade. Fantastic world, beautiful, great story and dragonborn dlc is the best of all time. All these negative comments come from jealous fanatics of other brands. This game has no competition still !!! Bethesda great job.
  8. Aug 12, 2015
    I would give this game a 10/10 for the great levels of content, extremely fun gameplay, great music, great graphics and mod support, however, there are a few valid complaints : repetition of voice actors, voice acting being a bit bad at times, animations looking clunky and awkward, and a few bugs that can cause things to not work, particularly, if you have a monitor that does more than 60I would give this game a 10/10 for the great levels of content, extremely fun gameplay, great music, great graphics and mod support, however, there are a few valid complaints : repetition of voice actors, voice acting being a bit bad at times, animations looking clunky and awkward, and a few bugs that can cause things to not work, particularly, if you have a monitor that does more than 60 hz, you need to limit it to 60hz or the physics go nuts in the game and many things break. Aside from those minor complaints, well done. Expand
  9. Aug 8, 2015
    Boring...............!!! All amazing, gfx, scenaries, effects... but.. after 8 hours.. all become terribly boring!!! Side missions are ridicolous, main mission is uninteresting.. 6, maximum!!
  10. Aug 6, 2015
    The fact that I've played this game for over 60 hours and have yet to complete the main story is a testament to the gigantic amount content in this game. The graphics are amazing, the battle system is fun and the exploration is never ending. It's a shame that there is no real character development but I guess this just isn't that kind of game.
  11. Aug 3, 2015
    How can I put into mere mortal words the amazingness of this game, but i'll try. First the expanse of it, The amount of stuff you can do in this game can last you weeks months even years without even the use of mods (btw I see the concerns about the payed mods in the other reviews and I will address that at the end). It is so fun! the quests the eastereggs the weapons the armor theHow can I put into mere mortal words the amazingness of this game, but i'll try. First the expanse of it, The amount of stuff you can do in this game can last you weeks months even years without even the use of mods (btw I see the concerns about the payed mods in the other reviews and I will address that at the end). It is so fun! the quests the eastereggs the weapons the armor the crafting it's all there! No small detail was left out in the vanilla game! There is just so much stuff to do and explore without the mods! Now I will address mods and the current situation with steam. As of August 3rd 2015 the payed mod feature is currently removed from steam. If you go to the steam workshop as of August 2015 you will find no mod that requires payment. With that out of the way lets talk about mods! If you want Thomas the tank engine as dragons you can do that! if you want to turn a broom into a high level sword then do it! If you want to be spider man web slinging through the city of solitude by gosh do it! because there is a mod for just about everything not just on the steam workshop either, there also a site called skyrim nexus that has way more mods than the steam workshop does and ALL of them are complexly free. And if your not good at installing mods, there are several mods that even install the mods you want for you! This game has occupied me for 4 Years! 4 Years! and I still play it! pic this game up! you won't be sorry! Expand
  12. Aug 2, 2015
    Easily one of the best RPG games out there. Amazing graphics that still hold up (for the most part) today, almost 4 years after the game's release. There are a lot of problems that can break immersion and keeps my score from being a 9 or a 10. For example there a handful of bugs in the game like the infamous giant glitch, or how sometimes bodies will sink through the floor or terrain, orEasily one of the best RPG games out there. Amazing graphics that still hold up (for the most part) today, almost 4 years after the game's release. There are a lot of problems that can break immersion and keeps my score from being a 9 or a 10. For example there a handful of bugs in the game like the infamous giant glitch, or how sometimes bodies will sink through the floor or terrain, or the also infamous intro glitch. There is also the problem that even though there are many decisions in the game none of them really change the game, and what I mean by this is that you can do a quest to kill somebody or retrieve some ancient artifact that is really hard to get and bring it back to someone, it doesnt do sh*t to the rest of the game world. That being said there are a lot of good things, like the music, gameplay, the base story, how large the world is, and the list goes on. Expand
  13. Jul 24, 2015
    No game has kept me hooked as long as Skyrim has. It took me about 3 years to finally retire from playing it. Far more than any game I have ever played ever. There is seemingly endless content and it is always fun, even when you start a new game. Best game ever. Eagerly waiting an Elder Scrolls 6. This is one of the few games that deserves a perfect 10.
  14. Jul 24, 2015
     The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is an action role-playing open world video game developed by Bethesda Game Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks. It is the fifth installment in The Elder Scrolls action role-playing video game series, following The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Skyrim was released on November 11, 2011, for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360. Three downloadable The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is an action role-playing open world video game developed by Bethesda Game Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks. It is the fifth installment in The Elder Scrolls action role-playing video game series, following The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Skyrim was released on November 11, 2011, for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360. Three downloadable content add-ons were released—Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn—which were repackaged into The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Legendary Edition, which released on June 4, 2013.
    Skyrim's main story revolves around the player character and his/her efforts to defeat Alduin the World-Eater, a dragon who is prophesied to destroy the world. The game is set approximately two hundred years after the events of Oblivion and takes place in the fictional province of Skyrim. Over the course of the game, the player completes quests and develops the character by improving skills. Unlike previous Elder Scrolls games, Skyrim does not require the player to select a character class at the beginning of the game, negating a problem which the development team felt that previous entries had by forcing the player into a rigid play-style too early into the game. Skyrim continues the open world tradition of its predecessors by allowing the player to travel anywhere in the game world at any time, and to ignore or postpone the main storyline indefinitely.
    The game was developed using the in-house Creation Engine, built specifically for the game. The team opted for a more unique and diverse game world than Oblivion's Cyrodiil, which game director and executive producer Todd Howard considered less interesting by comparison. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim was released to critical acclaim and is often considered among the greatest video games of all time, with reviewers who particularly have acclaimed the refined character development and the great setting. The game shipped over seven million copies to retailers within the first week of its release, and sold over 20 million copies across all three platforms.
    Gameplay
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is an action role-playing game, playable from either a first- or third-person perspective. The player may freely roam over the land of Skyrim, which is an open world environment consisting of wilderness expanses, dungeons, cities, towns, fortresses and villages. Players may navigate the game world more quickly by riding horses, or by utilizing a fast-travel system which allows them to warp to previously discovered locations .. The game's main quest can be completed or ignored at the player's preference after the first stage of the quest is finished. However, some quests rely on the main storyline being at least partially completed. Non-player characters populate the world and can be interacted with in a number of ways; the player may engage them in conversation, marry an eligible NPC, or kill them. . As in previous Elder Scrolls games, killing certain NPCs can make some quests or items unobtainable. Some NPCs cannot be killed. If witnessed, crimes like murder and theft accrue the player bounty points in each of the world's nine districts. Should the player be stopped by a guard, they may wipe their bounty with gold or jail time, or may resist arrest which will trigger an aggressive pursuit. NPCs may allocate the player additional side-quests, and some side-quests have parameters adjusted based on nearby dungeons which the player has yet to explore. Some NPCs who are befriended or hired by the player may act as companions who will accompany the player and provide aid in combat. The player may choose to join factions, which are organized groups of NPCs -- such as the Dark Brotherhood, a band of assassins -- or the player may choose to destroy them. Each of the factions has an associated quest path to progress through. Each city and town in the game world each has an economy which the player can stimulate by completing jobs such as farming.
    A perpetual objective for players is to develop their character. At the beginning of the game, players create their character by selecting one of several races, including humans, orcs, elves and anthropomorphic creatures, and then customizing their character's appearance. A head-up display appears when any of the player's three main attributes are being depleted. Attributes regenerate over time, although this process can be accelerated by using potions or regenerative spells. Health is depleted primarily when the player takes damage, and the loss of all health results in death. Magicka is depleted by the use of spells, certain poisons and by being struck by lightning-based attacks. Stamina determines the player's effectiveness in combat and is depleted by sprinting, power attacking, and being struck by frost-based attacks. The player's inventory can be accessed from the menu and items can be viewed in 3D, which may prove essential in solving puzzles found in dungeons.
  15. Jul 18, 2015
    What can be said about this game that hasn't been said already, is a game with a great story, that will give you one of the best if not the best one player experiences of all time, and it supports mods, so it can be played the way that everyone desires, you can add new content and make it look better or improve the hud for totally free, so i recommend this game, is a must have in everyWhat can be said about this game that hasn't been said already, is a game with a great story, that will give you one of the best if not the best one player experiences of all time, and it supports mods, so it can be played the way that everyone desires, you can add new content and make it look better or improve the hud for totally free, so i recommend this game, is a must have in every true gamers collection. Expand
  16. Jul 12, 2015
    This game still sets the standard for RPG gaming. Great world, great leveling system and you just want to explore and explore. I hope there will a new offline Elder Scroll game on the market soon.
  17. Jul 10, 2015
    I love skyrim voices and sounds only for that I will give a big 10 it deserves it big time.This game still rules in 2015 this is how good skyrim is one of the best games ever made.
  18. Jul 8, 2015
    I expected a 10, to be fair: Skyrim didn't live up to it's hype.

Cities are too small, characters are dull and have the same voice actor, story has only 1 ending, combat is the biggest pile of poo I've ever seen, etc, etc.

Even though that, I like the horses, they can't run 12 mile per hour but can walk in 90 degree mountains,
    just...

Nice job bethesda.
  19. Jul 2, 2015
    this game is everything. the open world activities you can do soooo many things. really awesome game. really really cool. A MASTERPIECE really it deserves GotY 2011. Amazing awesome brilliant. these are all the words i can say right now. my final rating : 10/10. MUST BUY
  20. Jul 1, 2015
    Nice game.Beautiful graphics,awesome ambientation,and an enormous world filled with consistent side quests.But difficulty is casual,the combat is boring (just approach enemies and click on them,no tactic,no strategy.Unless you are a mage),and the plot is absolutely ridiculous.But overall it's fun and very extensive.If you don't mind the casual combat and poor story,it can please you forNice game.Beautiful graphics,awesome ambientation,and an enormous world filled with consistent side quests.But difficulty is casual,the combat is boring (just approach enemies and click on them,no tactic,no strategy.Unless you are a mage),and the plot is absolutely ridiculous.But overall it's fun and very extensive.If you don't mind the casual combat and poor story,it can please you for literally hundreds of hours.But it was not my case. Expand
  21. Jun 29, 2015
    Bu oyuna kötü diyenlerin... Bu oyun top 3 arasında olmalı. Serbestliği hikayesi dünyası ve görüntü detayları olağanüstü. Kötü tarafı var mı derseniz vuruş hissi yok sadece. Başka hiç bir kötü yanı yok.
  22. Jun 28, 2015
    - Good: Freedom, Exploration, Some side quests
    - Mixed: Combat
    - Bad: Story, Consolized

Good game but very veeery overrated by gaming press. Lacking in so many important aspects like good story, good character progression, choice and consequence. World feels static also..
  23. Jun 26, 2015
    This game hardly deserves anything more that 7.0, but with all the fanboy hype I feel obliged to give it a zero because of its overrated scores.
    Here's what's wrong with Skyrim: - 1. BUGS BUGS BUGS. Lots of them. It should have been called Fantasy Bug Simulator 2011. 4 years have passed and Bethesda didn't give a damn to solve them, but introduced many more in their DLCs. Quite often
    Here's what's wrong with Skyrim:
    1. BUGS BUGS BUGS. Lots of them. It should have been called Fantasy Bug Simulator 2011. 4 years have passed and Bethesda didn't give a damn to solve them, but introduced many more in their DLCs. Quite often you stumble upon glitches that just make some quests unpassable without troubleshooting and finding solutions that often involve console commands. There are unofficial patches but they hardly solve even a half of bugs that can happen to you. So looks like fanboys and fools spread their hype, buy the stuff and Bethesda sees that it's okay they way it is: money is in the pocket and majority is happy.
    2. Autoleveling. Bethesda didn't learn this lesson from Oblivion. Enemy strength directly depends on your level and you get level by leveling up skills. Invest a lot of your effort into some non-combat skills like pickpocketing and blacksmithing and enemies are going to tear you apart.
    3. Class balance. While there is no standard class division in Skyrim, it's very likely you're going to choose between one or another way of fighting your enemies - be that melee weapons, ranged weapons or magic (because jack of all trades is master of none and even more importantly - autoleveling). One may think these three 'combat classes' should be sort of equal, but in fact they are not: mage totally sucks while warrior delivers by himself and archer in case he makes use of sneak attacks and poisioned weapons.
    4. Voice acting. First off it often sounds dull and amateurish. More than that, after many hours spent in the game you will notice that there were like dozen voiceactors that voiced all of the characters but didn't even try to change their voices in any way. You will hear completely different NPCs having the exact same voices and speech manners. Digital voice pitching alone could have solved that, but Bethesda is too greedy for the buck to try. Have a look at DOTA 2. Not only it probably has more voiceactors, they worked hard and quite often had their voices processed so that you'll hardly guess by yourself that some characters were voiced by same actors.
    5. Mods will fix it & paid mods. "Mods will fix it" is an unofficial Bethesda motto regarding Skyrim's problems and their unwillingness to work on something other than things directly bringing profit - new DLCs and titles. Unfortunately mods will never fix bad voice acting or bugs, but other than that mods have greatly improved the game beyond original vanilla state and also solved some of the aforementioned balance problems of Skyrim. And how does Bethesda treat the fabled hero folk of modders and gamers that supported this product? They introduce paid steam mods with only 25% of sales revenue going to content creators and 75% to Bethvalve. When they've faced the community rage, paid mods were abolished and here and there you could hear talks from Bethvalve and their minions trying to excuse themselves by saying they just wanted to support the modders, let them devote their time on a professional basis and earn money for their work. It's outright lies, what they wanted is to make shiny coins out of others' labor. More than than, the labor that sometimes does Bethesda's dirty work they're not willing to do themselves ("mods will fix it"). If they wanted to support modders, they could have simply inverted the revenue sharing so that modders would get 75%, but they were too afraid and abolished paid mods completely. Spineless skeevers!
  24. Jun 24, 2015
    This game is worth it on Xbox360, PC, and now PS3. It is the best game ever. Its even the Greatest Hits. Its definitely a "Must Play" game. It also has very good reviews Like 10/10, 9.5/10, 9/10, 5/5, 4.5/5, to me its definitely a 10/10, it earns a very good score. it also won over 200 GOTY awards and its also a GOTY on 2011, its also the best game of all time. If you haven't played.This game is worth it on Xbox360, PC, and now PS3. It is the best game ever. Its even the Greatest Hits. Its definitely a "Must Play" game. It also has very good reviews Like 10/10, 9.5/10, 9/10, 5/5, 4.5/5, to me its definitely a 10/10, it earns a very good score. it also won over 200 GOTY awards and its also a GOTY on 2011, its also the best game of all time. If you haven't played. You got to do it now. Its those games you MUST play before you die. Its a 400 hours game. Its amazing. Its fantastic. The problem is it still does lags a little bit but not so much as the old days, and plus it doesn't crash anymore. Its one of those fighting, RPG, and kind of like fantasy, medieval, and Viking times. Its really good. You should play this game NOW. Expand
  25. Jun 22, 2015
    The payed mods were removed you dumb **** And it was not the game that implemented them, it was lord Gaben and bathesda. The game itself is meh by itself but with the patches, DLC and mods it a **** 10/10 game.
  26. Jun 22, 2015
    It is Legendary game ! :-)
  27. Jun 17, 2015
    A fun and engaging open world game that offers a lot to love, Skyrim's biggest failings are the sorts of issues that tend to plague all Elder Scrolls games in my opinion. The best part of the game is being able to wander around and experience all sorts of great, unexpected, and strange moments and events. Stumbling on something as you traverse the countryside is a great deal of fun. On theA fun and engaging open world game that offers a lot to love, Skyrim's biggest failings are the sorts of issues that tend to plague all Elder Scrolls games in my opinion. The best part of the game is being able to wander around and experience all sorts of great, unexpected, and strange moments and events. Stumbling on something as you traverse the countryside is a great deal of fun. On the other hand, like most Elder Scrolls games, the central plot line is nebulous and lacks emotional impact, although the whole being the Dragonborn bit with the nifty shouts was a cool touch. I tend to find voiceless protagonists in modern games to be immersion breaking (especially when everyone else around you has a voice), so that would be another negative for me. Another negative would be some strange bugs and occasional crashes but I think some of that may be unavoidable with such a big, complex game. Still, in the end, Skyrim is a good game worth playing just to get lost in its beautiful open world construction. Explore and enjoy! Expand
  28. Jun 10, 2015
    Skyrim is an excellent game made by Bethesda and truly rekindles the fire of RPG's.

Story: The story of Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is short yet solid. It is the tale of a hero(you) who goes from being a traveller mistaken for being with the rebellion, the Stormcloaks to being considered Skyrim's hero and saviour from the World Devourer, Alduin. The difficulty of the storyline varies greatly depending on which difficulty you play it on. On "Easy" it proves no challenge, as you can easily sweep through the whole storyline in one sitting.
    To spending months to grind enough for each quest while on "Legendary" difficulty.

Combat: The combat of Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is only one of three main combat categories, which quite small as you can only build your character in so many ways. Mages are the glass cannons in Skyrim, dishing out large amounts of damage using magic in exchange for their health. Assassin are the easiest (in my opinion) to sweep the game with, as when you level enough you will essentially be invisible permanently on all difficulties, while dealing instant kills from sneak attacks. So OP yet so fun. Finally the warrior, just as OP as the assassin, The warrior kills his enemies with swords, axes and broadswords. But drops off in the late game (lvl. 61 onwards)

DLC: This is what lowers my mark significantly, as most of the content in the DLC is much better than in the actual game. When M.H.C's (abbreviation for Money Hoarding Corporations) are on the loose it is sometimes upto the companies who stick true to fair pricing roots to keep them. Bethesda went down the dark route. THREE DLC'S ARE AVAILABLE, EACH 20$ EACH. THAT IS JUST GREED FROM BETHESDA. Please Bethesda, stop now.

Overall feelings: Even though Elder Scrolls V:Skyrim is unbalanced, laggy and downright greedy from Bethesda, it is still one of the best RPG's out there, winning many GOTY prizes. I guarantee you that if you get this game you will enjoy it.
  29. Jun 8, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hey guys my name is David smith I'm a YouTuber who reviews games and judges them on how well they run among other things . Sky rim is no doubt my new favorite game it's the best free roaming game I have ever played the weapons and armor you get are awesome , as well as the quest and shouts you get its so much fun ( warning ) this game is very very very addicting so keep track of time if you have a life , but I say if you thinking about getting this game get it it's worth the money . Expand
  30. Jun 7, 2015
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is a beautiful, addictive action-RPG, providing hundreds of quests for hundred hours of playing, and a large yet detailed world to explore. It'd be perfect, yes, if there were no bugs and glitches.
  31. Jun 2, 2015
    Truly remarkable experience...
    Some might complain about outdated combat, but...
    the 100+ hour of addictive gameplay with gorgeous graphics and right mods, and genuinely epic storyline, the cons (poor combat and buggy environment) are out-shadowed by pros. i mean really - if you don`t like something about game - there is always a mod to suite your needs. Really no brainer, Masterpiece
    Truly remarkable experience...
    Some might complain about outdated combat, but...
    Really no brainer, Masterpiece of 2011. Bravo Bethesda, bravo!!!!
  32. Jun 1, 2015
    Unfortunately it's poorly done, with an ancient engine and FULL of over 2000 bugs. It could have been potentially a masterpiece. No, no mods can fix some broken engine mechanics and bugs.
  33. May 27, 2015
    Skyrim is the hugest TES and Bethesda has continued improving its toolset making the Creation Kit the best of the whole saga, there are more than 30.000 mods to improve each single aspect so if you don't like the game, no problem, change it! and you will have the game of your dreams. I have only one gripe and is a big one: outdated graphics; it basically looks like Oblivion with mods...Skyrim is the hugest TES and Bethesda has continued improving its toolset making the Creation Kit the best of the whole saga, there are more than 30.000 mods to improve each single aspect so if you don't like the game, no problem, change it! and you will have the game of your dreams. I have only one gripe and is a big one: outdated graphics; it basically looks like Oblivion with mods...

We know that mods can do everything but improve graphics is the hardest job, of course Skyrim has the best graphics enhancer mods but could be even better with a solid game-base. I really hope Fallout 4 and TES VI with, literally, outstanding graphics. Bethesda must understand that their sandboxes worth for modding, history is literally secondary and RPG system is just not solid, but when you start to feed it with mods... oh man... the game shines in each corner, I don't get tired to walk those gorgeous landscapes, fight better random encounters, make my own home, armor and weapons... Great game Bethesda, just keep in mind that if you provide us with a great graphic base, we can do the rest much easier with mods to have the game of our dreams.
  34. May 26, 2015
    Certainly one of the best games I've played, ever. It comes with its problems, of course, like a ton of bugs, some of which have never been fixed by Bethesda, and the user interface is really ugly and not that intuitive. But the game sucks you in like... well, I don't even have the words. There has not been a game ever since Skyrim that took so many hours of my life. And I don't even likeCertainly one of the best games I've played, ever. It comes with its problems, of course, like a ton of bugs, some of which have never been fixed by Bethesda, and the user interface is really ugly and not that intuitive. But the game sucks you in like... well, I don't even have the words. There has not been a game ever since Skyrim that took so many hours of my life. And I don't even like RPGs! But the best thing about the game, aside from its atmosphere, story and soundtrack, is that it let's you play as you want. And if you don't like RPGs, you can kind of play like it's not one. This game is a must buy, and everyone should try it at least once. Expand
  35. May 25, 2015
    The game has weak plot, it lacks interesting characters and although the design is inspired by nordic mythology it's still very generic and cliche - all those elements are essential for a really good rpg game and skyrim does them wrong. Also the game is quite buggy and dumbed down compared to it's predecessors. Despite those flaws It's fun to roam this world, music and visuals are good andThe game has weak plot, it lacks interesting characters and although the design is inspired by nordic mythology it's still very generic and cliche - all those elements are essential for a really good rpg game and skyrim does them wrong. Also the game is quite buggy and dumbed down compared to it's predecessors. Despite those flaws It's fun to roam this world, music and visuals are good and it managed to entertain me for about 30-40 hours.

Overall it's a good game that by it doesn't deserve the praise it gets. It can probably be great but only if you smoke pot:)
  36. May 23, 2015
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, or simply Skyrim, is simply too wonderfully amazing to be described in words. Bethesda went above and beyond what game developers nowadays (aka 2015) would promise. One thing I found interesting was how Bethesda gives you a large, open world to ride around in and discover (that feeling you get when you discovered some place no one knows about is simplyThe Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, or simply Skyrim, is simply too wonderfully amazing to be described in words. Bethesda went above and beyond what game developers nowadays (aka 2015) would promise. One thing I found interesting was how Bethesda gives you a large, open world to ride around in and discover (that feeling you get when you discovered some place no one knows about is simply awesome), where you never know what might happen next- a dragon could attack you, a pack of wolves could spring out and ambush you, a courier could run up to you with a message- anything could happen, at any time. Another thing that I loved was how the game made me feel. Their manipulation of your feelings, as a matter of fact, nearly made me fear the dark! The soundtrack is simply amazing- every time I throw myself into battle, I can literally feel my heart pounding and my palms sweating as I charge forward, hoping to halve my enemies with my big awesome battleaxe. And finally, you get to choose what you do, and how- you could be a sophisticated magician, a bloodthirsty warrior (like me), a mysterious necromancer, and so on. It's amazing.

As I said before, Skyrim is too awesome to be described in words. If you want to know how utterly amazing the game is, buy a copy and play it. You won't regret it. Ever.

FOOS ROH DAAA!
  37. May 21, 2015
  38. May 19, 2015
    it's only epic game that all, nothing special, but you want to see because everybody speak about this game. if you have time and nothing to do this game is for you
  39. May 17, 2015
    The fifth installment of the Elder Scrolls, Skyrim presents a massive place to explore, as well as plenty of chances for adventure. While it carries the problems endemic to Bethesda games, namely a lot of bugs, but on its own merits, cough cough, it's a fine enough game. It could stand to have been more innovative, but it's a very mod-friendly game, and certainly worth playing.
  40. May 17, 2015
    If I I say this pro my friend they will kill me if I talk to hate the Skyrim Game controls are good and beautiful but boring and boredom **** **** .not think GOTY Game
  41. May 11, 2015
    Every Elder Scrolls game feels the same: They do everything really well, and one thing exceptional. This one is no different. In Morrowind, the story was what drove it for me. The leveling system was jenk, and combat was terrifyingly garbage, but Morrowind killed the story. In oblivion, the leveling was made better, the story suffered slightly, but the open world nature really shinedEvery Elder Scrolls game feels the same: They do everything really well, and one thing exceptional. This one is no different. In Morrowind, the story was what drove it for me. The leveling system was jenk, and combat was terrifyingly garbage, but Morrowind killed the story. In oblivion, the leveling was made better, the story suffered slightly, but the open world nature really shined through. In Skyrim, the leveling system was finally brought to where it was not as abusable (although enchanting iron daggers by the busload is still there), but I found the story to be the weakest yet, and the exploration was dulled slightly by running through the same environment with slight changes for hours upon hours. The enemies, although very well made graphically, suffered from the same monotony that the scenery does.

All said and done though, this was still an amazing game. With plot that was more gripping it would have been a 10.
  42. May 10, 2015
    Overall Rate: 7/10

A great, open-world, practically endless RPG with many familiar fantasy elements and Elder Scrolls Lore. Although there are many good points about this game and I would definitely recommend it, there are quite a few flaws that take away from the overall experience and the game just feels like it could have been so much more. Story: rate 6/10. A pretty generic,
    Overall Rate: 7/10

Story: rate 6/10. A pretty generic, "player is the only one who can save us", "epic" story. The player can excel in everything he/she tries, even if they have no experience in that area (for example: getting into the College of Winterhold simply by casting a low-level spell and having never used magic before). I won't go into details, so not to reveal spoliers for those that haven't played, but a lot of the courses of action you take seem to have little effect on the world around you. Not to mention, the main questlines are very short and take around maybe 4-6 hours to complete in full, which is very disappointing, especially when you look at previous Elder Scrolls games when questlines could take around 10 or even 20+ hours. Most of the quests are "fetch quests" with small rewards and these never run out. They are fun at first, but after a while, they can get tedious and boring. There's no exploration or a sense of being "lost", as a map marker directly points to a quest objective's exact location. This feature can be turned off in the quest menu, but in a way, the marker is required because there are no instructions given regarding where you need to go for a quest.

Characters: rate 6/10. There are lots of characters in this game, but only a handful of them are worth mentioning or rememberable. The same backstories get told over and over again, and nothing else. For example, a lot of the dialouge I've heard goes like this, "I'm a fisherman / farmer / laborer of some kind and my family's been here for x generations (and I have nothing else to say)" sort of thing. It gets quite old. Even so, there are still a handfull of characters who are interesting and have more depth to their story than what meets the eye.

Graphics / Interface: rate 7/10. For the most part, the graphics and interface are aggreeable. The menu was made for consoles, so it can be difficult to work with at first and it doesn't always cooperate. The graphics could be better, but they don't take away from the experience, and the landscape can look quite beautiful in the big picture. The map is not helpful for navigation, as it is supposed to be a "real representation in 3D" map (not sure what's so great about that. It doesn't even fit the theme of the game!).

Glitches: This game, at first, had many glitches. Most of them have been fixed, but I wouldn't be surprised if it breaks / crashes at random, people get stuck in the floors, quests gone missing, etc. This was one of the biggest problems at release and it shows that the overall production of the game was running short on time.

The good lies in the gameplay and mechanics. Although the combat is still "click the mouse untill the enemy dies", it can still be fun. I personally think stealth, dual-wielding, and smashing things with two-handed weapons (not necessarily combined) offer a fun combat experience. As stated earlier, this is an open-world RPG and you can pretty much do whatever you please aside from the first quest and work at your own pace - the magic of Elder Scrolls games. If you're into roleplaying, Skyrim is lacking in this area, as the leveling system is mediocre and there's little replayability value because one character could pretty much do anything and everything if you wish it to be so. Once you get up to the higher levels, the game is easy to break and the character can kill almost everything in under 10 seconds and leave unscathed, even on master or legendary (with the Legendary edition or the Dragonborn dlc) difficulty.

Overall: Despite everything I've said, this game is still enjoyable: there are lots of places to explore, endless things to do, and pretty good character creation. Although this is not the focus of my review and not required to enjoy the game, mods can really add to the experience and some people would even consider them a necessity (which is sad: why should people have to add things that should've been in the original game?). I would try Skyrim out if it sounds like something you'd enjoy.
  43. May 9, 2015
    First let me introduce this review saying that I'm reviewing "The Elder's Scroll V: Skyrim", not its mods nor the game with mods.

Bethesda continued the Elder's Scroll saga keeping the typical extreme role playing features, graphics are extremely nice and overall audio quality is amazing. I have to say though that progressing through the game there have been many things that made me

I have to say though that progressing through the game there have been many things that made me lose interest or even abruptly stop playing the game.
    The first impact was with the minimalistic UI, for me medieval-themed RPG = parchment.
    Second impact (that made me quit after 15 min playing until I discovered the mod SkyUI) was with the UI layout/commands. You have a whole keyboard, full of keys, and you are restricted to up, down, left, right and 1-8 hotkeys, with no mouse integration whatsoever (well there's mouse integration that makes you click things you didn't click).
    After many, many, mods: new UI, mouse clicking bugfix on dialogues, huge bugfixing packs, etc I discovered computer generated quests... that halved my interest on this game just for them being in the game.
    A mix of all that made me quit after ~80h of playtime, of which I genuinely enjoyed probably only half.

So, now comes the hard part, would I recommend this game given the above? Probably yes, because even with its bugs, the utterly bad UI or the uninteresting computer generated quests the game still holds a lot of hours of fun and good roleplaying. What makes you quit this game, even with all the bugfixing-mods installed, is repetitiveness, Oblivion had less content so, even if it was repetitive too, you couldn't get bored much, this game not only has really an extreme amount of content but also features computer generated quests...

Ah, and watch out for amethyst rain: every human, animal and plant in skyrim holds at least on amethyst...
  44. May 6, 2015
    Skyrim has a awful short story, large empty world and broken and useless RPG elements.
    Story is: here comes a bad dragon who wants to destroy the world and you must defeat it...who was writing this...a ten year old boy. Morrowind did not have a Planescape Torment story but you had that mystic with Dagoth Ur and that was making Morrowind awesome story game...put more time in story mates. Evolve more mature depth story not cheep Hollywood action story.
    Civil war quest is also short and dumb...I was expecting from civil war more then go and take over the fort quests.
    Why did you built a large world where practically nothing happens ( come on Skyrim is in the middle of the civil war and I had never had a feeling while traveling through Skyrim that civil war is going ), put more life in Skyrim wilds and roads or reduce the map size that we have a feeling that something is happening ( New Vegas had that...reduced map with more life...their I had a feeling that war was going on between Legion and NCR ). Why did you not combine dragon revivals and civil war quests…you know dragon revival would effect civil war. I also had a feeling like people of Skyrim aren’t effected by dragons return and they are living their boring life…put more fear in your world.
    Sidequest are awesome but in the future instalment you must avoid putting quests like get me this item or get me this weapon ( do not cut it just reduce the pointless quests ), it is really pointless that you must travel from one edge of Skyrim to another just to take a item from the NPC and return it to the quest giver.
    Put guild requirements ( it is really dumb that a barbarian with no skill in magic can join mage guild, same goes with mage in fighters guild).
    Why put 80 points of perks where you can finish you character in 25-30 perks (built improve armor rating , improve damage with weapon , archery damage some sneak and restoration and here you have a awesome character and still I did not use smiting, alchemy or enhance perks because when you used them it is a overkill for every enemy) . Many trees like speech ( why did you not put perks involving shouts in speech tree), lockpicking ( only good perk is the one that improves your weight) are useless. Smiting, alchemy and smiting is OP ( put a limit how much you can improve potion or weapon or armor so it does not go in infinitive), some perks do not apply to weapons ( I think it was critical hit perks, probably some others also ).
    Why there is no attributes? It is really dumb that every character no matter how much is his weapon skill can always hit his enemy. Dexterity should determine a chance to hit, lose the perk that improves damage put strength attribute. Endurance should determine health and stamina and intelligence should improve magicka and spell damage , put willpower so you have better resist magic chance and charisma for sweet talk. Put better perks and not “ if you do a backward power attack you have a chance to stun enemy for 1 seconds and that is ultimate weapon perk ( wow…OMG ) and the list goes on.
    I also heard that many things like guild requirements, better civil war you developed in construction set but left it out…why?
    And after slamming your head to a wall because you wasted your money for BS like Skyrim you discover Skyrim Nexus and boy what a change...mods rule...thank you modders!!!
    Mods fixes many things but still dumb story is here and going ( no main story mod…yet ).
    My suggestion is if you are planning to develop new TES ask Obsidian ( most of them are ex Black Isle employees and we all know that Black Isle was creating best RPG-s ever ) to help you like you did in New Vegas…it is a win and win situation for you and us.
    I give Skyrim without mods 2/10!!!
    I give Skyrim with mods 9/10!!!
    I give Skyrim in general 7/10 because counting on modders to fix your game is lazy so Bethseda learn from modders. The game is unplayable without mods.
  45. May 2, 2015
    Update: thanks Valve and Bethesda for removing paid mods. :)
    Skyrim is one of the best RPGs ever made (when mods are used). Cannot wait for the next TES game.
  46. Apr 30, 2015
    This game is one if not the holy grail of the RPG Action Sandbox. The freedom of choice is pretty ample in most aspect, such as the construction of your characters being able to chose between different combat styles along with varying approaches such as stealth, ranged, ranged stealth, shield and one handed, two handed, dual wielding, etc.

It also provides out of combat approaches, such

It also provides out of combat approaches, such as blacksmithing or persuassion, which allow you to wield highly rated equipment that can compensate for your lack in combat skills, or earn enough money to hire help to go on your quests, along with posibilities to bribe or intimidate enemies or guards; or simply use your economic situation to pay for combat or stealth or even magic lessons and gradually become a skilled warrior while specialicing in money control.

The enemies are diverse, with distinct behaviour and their own lairs and settings, which are pretty well constructed, presenting ancient traps (ancient fortress), human lied traps (bandit caves or forts), or natural ambushes (Frostbite Spiders... Yuck!).

Magic and powers are also present in the game, having the traditional fire, ice and lightning spells, which come in the form of "walls", beams, shields or projectiles; and other spells such as invocation of creatures and spiritual weapons, fear and appreciation spells that will change the npcs behaviour towards you or each other, weapon enchanting, healing and undead turning spells, telekinesis and magic shields, etc.

The powers include the racial minor and or major powers, which vary depending on the race you may choose, the stones power which can be obtained in landmarks around Skyrim and present diverse powers such as revive a corpse for a limited time, poison an enemy, turn invisible for a short period, etc. This is complemented by other aquired powers, like the ability to turn into a werewolf, or a vampire, and lots of other powers granted trough questlines. The main quest starts you in the way of the voice, which allows you to project magic in shouts with little cooldown and varying, but often devastating effects (a huge force push "Fus Ro Dah", fire breath, ice breath, cold fire, disarm enemies (or allies), leave enemies (or allies) on the verge of death, and a long etc.

The map itself is fairly huge and provides tons of fortress, villages, caves and landmark or temples to explore, each of them fairly unique and well designed.

The npcs have their own life agenda, following slightly varying routines and all of them have independent disposition towards you. For example: if you are a dark elf you will be hated in some towns, leading to people treating you harshly and lowering their disposition towards you, meaning they will be less inclined to follow your persuasion intents on them. This can be changed by either helping them directly (with quests if they offer one or with shop patronage if they own one) or by helping their faction (helping their city or guild if they belong to one). You can always try to threaten them or put a charm on them that will turn them into your emotional slaves for a short time. If they like you, in the long time you will be helped if attacked near them, they will gift you items or coins sometimes, and if they die, you will be a beneficiary towards their heirloom.

All in all its a great game and it comes with one of the best and biggest modding communities, which have achieved amazing results for mod standards. But sadly, the horrible attempt of Bethesda and Valve to force us to pay for mods to get more money have hurt the modding community pretty hard, causing disloyal competence during the time the paying mods were active that now resulted in a fragmented community, with old hard working members that used to work together towards a goal opposed or outright rejected by their old partners, meaning some modding teams may not be again working together. Basically, mods were constucted with the help of numerous peoples and other mods, with the help and credit of the original authors. This allowed the creation of huge campaigns and assets. Once the paid mods were released, the scene turned competitive, work that before was borrowed was suddenly stolen, some modders tried to go standalone, hurting their counterparts, and some others leaved feeling insulted by the new system. Skyrim was a modding paradise. It will be long until it recovers from the damage done by the greed of the companies.

This game would be a 9, but after damaging the community by acting selfishly it is not the same.
  47. Vio
    Apr 29, 2015
    I saw a guy with 11 000 hours of playtime for this game. My own is over 300, and I haven't even gotten a quarter of the way in. Just be wary of any hint of paid mod introduction.
  48. Apr 28, 2015
    Best PC game of this decade IMO. But paid mods will destroy it. Mods are the best thing about PC skyrim. This review is to protest that from happening. otherwise 10/10.
  49. Apr 28, 2015
    23/04/2015 - The day Gaben has forsaken us.
    Do not support paid mods! Down with Bethesda's greed!
    Keep the pressure up against these greedy companies, otherwise you'll see your beloved games gone forever.
  50. Apr 28, 2015
    After the resolution of the "paid mods" debacle I can now endorse this game again.

Solid enjoyable game, greatly enhanced by mods. With mods it's a 10.
  51. Apr 27, 2015
    Update 4/27/15 - 10/10 (9.5) to push this game rating back to what it should be.

Paid mods have been removed and the battle has been won, thank you to all the soldiers in our fight.
  52. Apr 27, 2015
    Finally, and gladly, they removed the paid mods, but their crude and rude decision has done a lot of damage that cannot be undone easily. God bless us all.
  53. Apr 27, 2015
    Edit: Paid mods are gone but modgate will not be forgotten. We will stay vigilant, and we will be watching.

Skyrim is worth playing once again, hopefully Fallout 4 ends up the same way.
  54. Apr 27, 2015
    after lifting the payed mods you can look it up on steam its over with they won't be doing this anymore.

I now feel they can have a good score I'm giveing it a 9 out of 10 but really the game is kinda lame by its self the mods are what makes it good
  55. Apr 27, 2015
    Edit: Valve backed down on their decision and, as such, I can give the game the rating I believe it deserves. I hope they won't try anything like that ever again.

Skyrim is a great game, solid 8~~9/10, and mods can take it easily to a 10/10. Past message: This is a protest against Valve's new policy of paid mods. This is a great danger to everyone and is a clear and simple money

Skyrim is a great game, solid 8~~9/10, and mods can take it easily to a 10/10.

Past message: This is a protest against Valve's new policy of paid mods.

This is a great danger to everyone and is a clear and simple money grabbing tactic that Bethesda and Valve engineered together.

Skyrim without mods is a mediocre game at best. And guess what? Now you have to pay for the game, for the DLCs, AND the mods.

This is not acceptable.
  56. Apr 27, 2015
    Okay, now that the paid-mod is gone I can rate this game back up to 10.
    The base game alone would be 8~9/10 but with mods it's easily 10/10 or even 11/10.
  57. Apr 27, 2015
    Very large world to explore with a rich enough world that I'm pretty sure I'm never actually going to bother completing the story from all the distractions.
  58. Apr 27, 2015
    One of the RPGs ever made. It has so much content, it can keep you playing for weeks.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  59. Apr 27, 2015
    Fantastic game on its own, and with the addition of player created mods it is 100 times better.

And now that Valve and Bethesda seemed to have backed off of this paid mod idea, I will happily give this game the review it deserves, 10/10
  60. Apr 27, 2015
    This game is a modding paradise. Once upon a time a company called Valve Software came up with a silly idea which brought this great mod paradise to ruin. They came up with the idea for paid mods. This ruined the modding community surrounding the game, and pissed off the entire internet. Fortunately for the consumers, Valve likes money and wanted to continue making money, so they cancelledThis game is a modding paradise. Once upon a time a company called Valve Software came up with a silly idea which brought this great mod paradise to ruin. They came up with the idea for paid mods. This ruined the modding community surrounding the game, and pissed off the entire internet. Fortunately for the consumers, Valve likes money and wanted to continue making money, so they cancelled the paid mods idea, and the game became a mod paradise once again, and hopefully forevermore.

The End...?
  61. Apr 27, 2015
    Great Game! I was not happy at all with what Bethesda and Valve were doing with paid mods but the realized that they made a mistake and they backed off the modding community. they do their thing and we do ours. don't try to step on out turf and no one will get hurt. just remember that we do not forget!
  62. Apr 27, 2015
    I loved the community, which made mods cause they loved the game.
    Valve destroyed that in one night, together with Bethesda.
    I've translated mods and worked on other mods, never wanted a penny for it.

Valve eat **** and die, same Bethesda.
  63. Apr 27, 2015
    Skyrim is now a decent game again now that modding will remain free for it. It might not be as engaging as its forebears Fallout 3 and Oblivion, but its still entertaining, especially if you know how to mod it with multiple mods.
  64. Apr 27, 2015
    This game is one of my favorite games, the best part being the modding community. It's so good it doesn't even need a review. But if they ever try to make mods paid again . . . I'll be back.
  65. Apr 27, 2015
    enough said. Bethesda has over stepped. We won't stand for this no longer, bend now or be destroyed by our hands. You are ruining a game that was good as is. Good luck with your now dying company.
  66. Apr 27, 2015
    The game without mods - 5/10
    The game with mods - 11/10
    The game with paid mods - 0/10

The paid mods has caused the community to divide, and steam has shown that they can't into quality control.
  67. Apr 27, 2015
    This game with paid mods - 0/10

Congratulations for destroying the biggest modding community in the world in one day, Valve.
  68. Apr 27, 2015
    This game is useless without mods.And they want money for mods now.Greedy bethesda and valve ruined the game.Just avoid.Do not support this corrupted bussiness plan.
  69. Apr 27, 2015
    A fantastic game, but the paid mod policies are awful. The intention is good, but the execution is a mess.
    I will not support Bethesda anymore until they change their policies regarding the MOD situation.
  70. Apr 27, 2015
    The game is alright even. Dungeons and quests are rather repetitive and the UI is rather horrible. You can fix these issues by installing mods. But be warned - in this game certain mods will be monetized.
  71. Apr 27, 2015
    Paid mods.....Bethesda are as much a part of it as valve.

I loved this game, and I loved the mods. This is a money grab pure and simple.

Greed Greed Greed Greed Greed Greed Greed Greed Greed
  72. Apr 27, 2015
    Paid mods are absolutely horrible, it is right up there with day-one dlc, early access, microtransactions, and preorders. Valve and Bethesda want to take other peoples work, sell it, and only give the modder 25%. The modding community has been going strong for years and modded because they wanted to not because of the money.
  73. Apr 27, 2015
    With the monitization of mods, I can not recommend this game. In Bethseda's defense, taking 1.5 times more than a service that hosts your software to download makes sense. However, since Valve takes 30%, it leaves creators with only 25% from each sale, and they demand that modders must make $100 USD before receiving any money at all. That means for a modder to see any money, they haveWith the monitization of mods, I can not recommend this game. In Bethseda's defense, taking 1.5 times more than a service that hosts your software to download makes sense. However, since Valve takes 30%, it leaves creators with only 25% from each sale, and they demand that modders must make $100 USD before receiving any money at all. That means for a modder to see any money, they have to sell $400 worth of mods before even seeing a dime.

The current paid mod workplace is filled with cash for gold, overpowered weapons and armor, stolen content, and various mods designed to break your game to force you to reinstall.

Overnight, Valve has destroyed a community that was driven not by "money as information" but goodwill and user feedback. Bravo.
  74. Apr 27, 2015
    This game with paid mods - 0/10

This is the worst thing to happen in 2015 because Valve and bethesda wanted more money then they already make.
  75. Apr 27, 2015
    This game without mods - 8/10
    This game with paid mods - 0/10

Congratulations for destroying the biggest modding community in the world in one day, Valve/Bethesda.
  76. Apr 27, 2015
    Fans of this once great game now feel betrayed by Bethesda and Steam as they ruined this game completely. Mods were such a great lifeline of the community and now Paid mods is very much beyond a joke . Do not support this disgusting behavior by these company's. Skyrim has indeed sold its soul.
  77. Apr 27, 2015
    This game was amazing in the time before paid mods after that addition this game is terrible. Mods are what made this game for PC without them this game is average at best, but with paid mods this game is beyond terrible.
  78. Apr 27, 2015
    Game was OK at best vanilla, but full of bugs. The only way to fix bugs and make the game enjoyable was to add mods, which now the developer feels we should pay for, To fix their shortcomings, Its a joke really.
  79. Apr 27, 2015
    Mods are what has kept Skyrim going for years. The modding community has always been passionate about their work.

Well, guess what? Now Valve introduced paid mods with no copying protection, and modders only get 25% of the money? What drug was Valve on when they decided to implement this crap? And to think Bethesda, the game developers, fully supported this move, and get a whopping

What drug was Valve on when they decided to implement this crap? And to think Bethesda, the game developers, fully supported this move, and get a whopping 45% OF THE MONEY. It makes me angry just thinking about it.

Screw Bethesda. Screw Valve. Screw this game. It used to be fun. These two companies ruined it for me.
  80. Apr 27, 2015
    I bought this game, modded it heavily, and played over 200 hours. It was an enjoyable game and I would have recommended it until recently. Now, Skyrim is charging for mods. Mods that may be unsupported in the future. Mods that may be broken by either game patches or Steam changes. Skyrim, like most of Bethesda's games, relies on mods to fix holes in the gameplay and now that is gone.I bought this game, modded it heavily, and played over 200 hours. It was an enjoyable game and I would have recommended it until recently. Now, Skyrim is charging for mods. Mods that may be unsupported in the future. Mods that may be broken by either game patches or Steam changes. Skyrim, like most of Bethesda's games, relies on mods to fix holes in the gameplay and now that is gone. Therefore, I cannot recommend this game. Expand
  81. Apr 27, 2015
    "Remember, remember, the 24th of April, when god become greedy devil, when a savior become a destroyer" - NO PAID MODS (there are nothing more to say but sad 150 charactersssssss)
  82. Apr 27, 2015
    So Bethesda and Valve get together around a table.

They realise that Bethesda games are decent, but they're not amazing. They see that what makes their games so popular are the mods. Not content to celebrate the contributions modders have made Skyrim's incredibly long life (it's four years old and it's still one of Steam's most popular games), they decide to make a swift buck.
    So Bethesda and Valve get together around a table.

Nobody should be in support of paid mods.

The modders get a terrible deal and the players get a terrible deal.

The only people making real money here are Valve and Bethesda.
  83. Apr 27, 2015
    Skyrim, previously a decent yet somewhat soulless RPG game. Now a cash grab that brings you an industry first, paid mods. Are you kidding me? On top of this, the creators have to give more money to Bethesda than they actually get, and even now there are disputes and ugly competition growing in the modding community about this. Bethesda is ruining the modding community that kept theirSkyrim, previously a decent yet somewhat soulless RPG game. Now a cash grab that brings you an industry first, paid mods. Are you kidding me? On top of this, the creators have to give more money to Bethesda than they actually get, and even now there are disputes and ugly competition growing in the modding community about this. Bethesda is ruining the modding community that kept their games alive all these years. Good job. Expand
  84. Apr 27, 2015
    The game is fine but Valve and bethesda have gone the way of greed and are now charging money for what should be free content therefor i cannot recommend this game to anyone.
  85. Apr 27, 2015
    Steam and Bethesda are desperately trying to squeeze as much money from their customers as they possibly can, to the detriment of the gaming community as a whole. Paid mods ruins this game. Terrible mechanisms come into play through their introduction, for instance mod theft, people pulling free mods because of that, the encouragement of developers to release unfinished content (becauseSteam and Bethesda are desperately trying to squeeze as much money from their customers as they possibly can, to the detriment of the gaming community as a whole. Paid mods ruins this game. Terrible mechanisms come into play through their introduction, for instance mod theft, people pulling free mods because of that, the encouragement of developers to release unfinished content (because they can make money on modders fixing their games). It could be viewed as an attempt by steam to monopolize the modding scene by encouraging modders to abandon free alternatives like Nexus to make a few bucks (a measly 25% of the profit).

Steam needs competitors! Perhaps GOG Galaxy could be one.
  86. Apr 27, 2015
    Paying for mods? Absolute joke. No.
    Now we got payed mods, early access payed mods.
    I refuse to stand for this utter ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ on both Valve's and Bethesda's end

Was a great game and still is but I'm just guna give it a thumbs down for the forced payment of mods now.
  87. Apr 27, 2015
    This game is a rough diamond that really needs the polish added by some good mods.
    Now because of Greedy Bethesda and Greedy Valve, you could have to pay 100s of $$$ to make a 5year old game functional and worth playing...oh and only 25% of that goes to the modder, the rest gets taken by these greedy bar stewards.

Way to go guys, you've erased a decade of good will in one day

END PAID MODS!
  88. Apr 27, 2015
    No to the paid mod, f**** you stEAm and Bugthesda
    Skyrim i nothing without FREE MOD, they just just want to control somethign that give them MOOOOOOOOOOORE money, they have only money in the eyes, only this count for them
    Rise up master pc race, rise and fight them, go boycott them and attack them where that make them really hurt
    In he pocket.
  89. Apr 27, 2015
    Nobody likes paid mods.
    That was the point of this review. Bethesda and Steam are two money grabbing whores.
    At this point it's like trying to come up with bs to fill an essay.. stupid 150 word min.
  90. Apr 27, 2015
    Paid mods - Enough said. Valve and Bethesda have gone TOO FAR. I know their all about money, but they must be run by idiots to think they can get away with spitting in the face of a good portion of their player-base.
  91. Apr 27, 2015
    This game was great to begin with but with Valve deciding to ask money for mods (75% WTF?!) i will have to give this game a poor review. I do not appreciate this valve.
  92. Apr 27, 2015
    Mods brought a vast game to life. Between the split of the money, and the sudden massive split in the community, this was one of the worst ideas I've seen executed.
  93. Apr 27, 2015
    This game is pretty good without mods. It still holds up as a solid 6/10. With the right mods, it's right up to a 9.8/10. Basically perfect. With paid mods, I'd give it a 4/10 just for the money grabbing on the part of Valve and Bethesda.
  94. Apr 27, 2015
    7/10 for the game. It's about as an RPG it's about as deep as a puddle of muddy water, but with mods?
    10/10 for the game with mods. Skyrim is a testament to how much the modding community can improve a game. Of course having to pay for mods means this is a 0/10. Enough is enough.
  95. Apr 27, 2015
    This game would have been long forgotten if it weren't for the faithful modding community.

Creating paid mods not only destroys the spirit of the community, but also destroys the one truly good reason to play this game.

This blatantly shameless money grab has not gone unnoticed and unfortunately, causes me to give a game with great potential a pass.
  96. Apr 27, 2015
    Bethesda and Valve ruin a good community for more profit, All around awful idea.

I enjoyed playing Skyrim and the Steam workshop offered accessible mods that made the game pretty much endlessly fun. I would never say modders don't deserve some profit for good work, but this is not the right way to do it and also they aren't even the ones who will profit from this, just Valve because you can receive refunds for mods. Theres no good way to regulate this either, we'll see plenty of pirating of any these mods.

I lost my computer last year in a flood, I've been saving for months to buy a new one mostly for Steam games. After this however, I think I'll just save the money and find a new hobby. Companies choose to screw with good things to make marginal profits, Valve or Bethesda will NOT get another penny out of me.
  97. Apr 27, 2015
    WIthout mods this game is boring, bugged and blurred. That's why you need at very least 50+ mods to even start enjoying this game - and now you need to pay for mods.
  98. Apr 27, 2015

99. Apr 27, 2015
    Game was mediocre in every aspect and its only saving grace was modding. Now with Valve being greedy merchants, there's nothing redeeming qualities to this game. It's even worse on console as well solely because of the fact that they're limited machines made to be worse than PCs.
  100. Apr 27, 2015
    absolutely hereteical paid mods lmoa are you freaking kidding i mean what's next are tjhey gonna charge you for posting about it on forums? get rekt, bethesda and valve
  101. Nov 11, 2011
    I'm not gunna lie, this game is amazing, brilliant, outstanding, a masterpiece. I'm only filling the rest up because i need one hundred and fifty characters.

1. Feb 29, 2012