The Godfather PC

6.0

1. Jon
    Aug 19, 2006
    Absolutely terrible controls spoiled my interest in this title. It looked like it would be fun to play if not for the fact that every time I tried to do something the opposite happened.
  2. Vin
    May 8, 2006
    The gameplay might have beenpretty good if it wasn't for the lousy controls and the freaky mouse controls.
  3. James
    May 5, 2006
    While playing the game I felt as if it was 1999 the graphics are TERRIBLE! everything looks the same, cars, people. What was EA thinking?
  4. SughiB.
    Apr 29, 2006
    Worst controls I'we seen in my entire life! For God's sake!.. make a patch for those mouse movement controls!
  5. VasudevanV.
    Apr 25, 2006
    I would apriciate EA Games for having traps in the game against PIRATES and Iam expecting EA would create more and more traps in the future coming games.I can see only the crime in these type of games like for eg:gta,mafia,etc .try to make games action and adventures but less crime.Any way I love GODFATHER.
  6. EverettO.
    Apr 21, 2006
    I bought the game about a month ago. I only have a laptop because I travel so much, so the graphics for me aren't great cause my video is integrated in the motherboard. I would imagine the graphics look good on a serious gaming machine PC, the main characters were all very well done. Everyone (everything) else is too repetitive; as written earlier, the same bakers, same smoke shops, I bought the game about a month ago. I only have a laptop because I travel so much, so the graphics for me aren't great cause my video is integrated in the motherboard. I would imagine the graphics look good on a serious gaming machine PC, the main characters were all very well done. Everyone (everything) else is too repetitive; as written earlier, the same bakers, same smoke shops, same people on the street, same cars, same layouts in a business, etc. It really can get to be too much. The PC controls can be easily fixed by pausing, going to the OPTIONS menu and CHECKING the INVERT BOX, makes everything normal (Left is left, etc). Driving takes skill in my opinion. I was VERY frustrated the first few missions while driving, especially after getting slammed into a wall after I thought I had gotten the hang of it...stick with the small fast cars (found in Brooklyn and Midtown)-fastest speed with the best control. In my opinion the MISSIONS are great because they flawlessly intertwine you into the storyline from the movie. Once they are done though, extorting another 30 restaurants and 10 warehouses just seems boring. The weapons are cool (I've mastered the game using the Level 3 Assassin Pistol and Level 3 Street Sweeper, no other guns needed)...blowing up stuff, burning bad guys, shooting holes through trucks, and cracking people's heads open with lead pipes and baseball bats also has it's appeal. You're offered a plethora of hit contracts and various ways they must be carried out for bonus cash and respect which is VERY entertaining. You'll probably play it once stumbling through, second time going for all the bonus stuff, and then want to sell it/return it because it just becomes repetetive; you'll know exactly where every bad guy will hide in a warehouse, where to expect all the suprises like cops coming up on you, and the end just doesn't give you that sense of accomplishment. Expand
  7. ManasT.
    Apr 18, 2006
    The game would be great if it wasnt for the stupid controls . The ouse view is awful Ill never get the hang of move right to look left and vice versa . Can anyone make a patch or a fix to give it proper mouse control. and yes!! how do you get out of a car? If I get these problems fixed Ill give a 10 rating to this game.
  8. mick2d2no
    Apr 12, 2006
    What a stupid frustrating control system! You move the mouse to the right and you go left! Its like trying to ride a bicycle with your hands crossed over. It's just so dumb! I can't be bothered to spend the next couple of ours playing back to front so I'm just going to uninstall it and play something else less LAME!
  9. JohnJ.
    Apr 8, 2006
    Unless you are an EXPERT gamepad user on your PC, do not even think about buying this game. The controls are so bad, you will die in every shoot-out. In fact, controlling your character down the street is practically impossible with a mouse and keyboard!! The car control is totally out of whack too! This game is so XBox and so NOT PC that it is ridiculous! Do not believe the magazineUnless you are an EXPERT gamepad user on your PC, do not even think about buying this game. The controls are so bad, you will die in every shoot-out. In fact, controlling your character down the street is practically impossible with a mouse and keyboard!! The car control is totally out of whack too! This game is so XBox and so NOT PC that it is ridiculous! Do not believe the magazine reviews either because some of these reviewers have played the Xbox version then done a PC review. They also play games on PC and console all day and have gamepads on their PC's. They are also pretty much in awe of EA's advertising budget that EA will never get an 18% review anywhere, which this game deserves.This game only gets the score of 1 because of the music and character faces. If you just want a gameplay score from me, then it's a big fat zero!!!! Never before have I given such a low score to a game. I think my lowest has been 4. Steer clear of this turkey. Even if you see it in a bargain bin (which you will in the next couple of weeks, it's still not worth it! As regards other problems with the game, see the other User Reviews. That's where you find the truth because they have paid good money for a bad game like me. Expand
  10. MichaelM.
    Apr 2, 2006
    People comparing this to GTA are way off base. This stinker cant hold a candle to the gta franchise. The worst thing it does is make the greatest city in the world, New York City look like Peoria Illinois. They got the street names right and that's about it. In the beginning it looks like fun until you realise your extorting the same shops over and over and over again. They People comparing this to GTA are way off base. This stinker cant hold a candle to the gta franchise. The worst thing it does is make the greatest city in the world, New York City look like Peoria Illinois. They got the street names right and that's about it. In the beginning it looks like fun until you realise your extorting the same shops over and over and over again. They couldn't come up with 4 or 5 baker characters? Hey why bother right! and while your at it why bother creating multiple interiors just use the same freaking cake / tobacco / restaurant over and over again. Every time I extort a shop its like experiencing deja vous. Look Ill give em NYC has a lot of bakers but come on man NO TWO CAKE SHOPS LOOK EXACTLY ALIKE! Honestly ten years ago this game would have been great but today. it just stinks. Total waste of money. Expand
  11. R.A.
    Mar 31, 2006
    The godfather is a vey poor atempt at this genre. The game engine is very poor compared to much better older games eg. mafia and gta. You can keep your poor console conversions EA!
  12. DimaE.
    Mar 31, 2006
    The rating could be much higher if there were no Mafia game in this world. A stupid thoughtless arcade. it doesn't suit the greatest mafia story.
  13. MacS.
    Mar 28, 2006
    This game is not for PC but for XBOX or PS, just arcade style fighting, playing it with a PC makes combat difficult to control. Graphics are average but OK, a lot of good ideas but the gameplay makes them useless. The real problem is a game fully repetitive : you racket 10 times the same shop in various places with the same guys inside....quickly borring. Try Oblivion.
  14. Jason
    Mar 28, 2006
    I have played this so far for a total of 10 minutes and im ready to not play again ... the controls are stupid with mouse and keyboard ... right is left/left is right ... there is no way i can figure out to get out of a car when you get in ... and why does the cars have no detail .. playing with a 7800 GT with all details on max ... lame ... the story better be good because nothing else is yet
  15. JimmyD.
    Mar 27, 2006
    This game is so bad, it went on EBAY the next day! My only explaination why the controls and graphics are so bad is that the game was designed for PS2 and then convertered to the PC. Avoid this game!
    Mar 24, 2006
    I have to totally agree with MiKE. Graphics suck, really! Cars and environment look as this game was from the 90's. Even Mafia (2001) looks absolutely brilliant today compared to this piece of crap. And the mediocre gameplay/controls do not help it get more than 2/10 from me.
  17. MiKE
    Mar 22, 2006
    I am VERY VERY disappointed by this game!! The graphics are not acceptable, they are really bad. I was expecting photo realistic face and what do we get? Cartoonist faces, with DULL looking environments!!!!! This would of been ok 5 years ago. It is basically Grand Theft Auto with the Godfather licence. SAD... The gameplay is EXACTLY as GTA. Which is ok. but the out dated graphics make I am VERY VERY disappointed by this game!! The graphics are not acceptable, they are really bad. I was expecting photo realistic face and what do we get? Cartoonist faces, with DULL looking environments!!!!! This would of been ok 5 years ago. It is basically Grand Theft Auto with the Godfather licence. SAD... The gameplay is EXACTLY as GTA. Which is ok. but the out dated graphics make this game a failure. I was expecting the graphics to be at least as in Half life 2, which dont forget came out almost 2 years ago!!! Stay away from this one! Expand
  18. NicolasB.
    Mar 22, 2006
    Graphics, are relatively good, with the exeption of the cars that looks realy ugly, too many recycled characters and rooms, controls are frustraiting, try to drive the cars is just stupid. Some missions are realy frustraiting, for example trying to kill 30 bad guys and you are all alone and they kill you with only one shot. Another anoying thing is the save system. Compared to mafia Graphics, are relatively good, with the exeption of the cars that looks realy ugly, too many recycled characters and rooms, controls are frustraiting, try to drive the cars is just stupid. Some missions are realy frustraiting, for example trying to kill 30 bad guys and you are all alone and they kill you with only one shot. Another anoying thing is the save system. Compared to mafia doesn't seem to have better graphic quality. Expand
  19. RichLiquid
    Mar 21, 2006
    Very weak game based on an excellent film. The overall graphic style is insipid, uninspiring and repetetive. The controls are cumbersome and the driving is just silly. The only thing decent is the aiming control, but overall this game jsut isn't fun to play.
  20. TomK.
    Mar 21, 2006
    Don't get me wrong, It's a decent game, but How hard can it be to allow for a different setup on each platform, Jeeeeez. There's nothing at all logical about the pc controls. It still seems to be a half decent game but I just don't get it? Why invest tonnes and tonnes of money and still end up with some half assed bullshit atempt on most important feature, the Don't get me wrong, It's a decent game, but How hard can it be to allow for a different setup on each platform, Jeeeeez. There's nothing at all logical about the pc controls. It still seems to be a half decent game but I just don't get it? Why invest tonnes and tonnes of money and still end up with some half assed bullshit atempt on most important feature, the controls. If the controls would have been decent this would have been a 10/10 game. Expand

1. Yes, the game’s main collection of 20-plus story missions last roughly 10 hours, but after that you’ll be spending at least two or three times as many hours striving for 100% game completion and the ultimate ascension to Don of NYC.
  2. The type of gameplay has been seen a millions times before. Its sole advantage is that it relies on an extremely powerful narrative, backed up by a serious cast and admirable music. It's all about car chases, street shootouts, controlling diverse rackets and respecting fellow family members.
  3. Though The Godfather is competent, it is also bland, despite the voices of James Caan and Robert Duvall, and you rarely feel a sense of power.