The Golden Compass PC

3.2

1. SmokeyM
    Jun 2, 2008
    Awful. The movie was wholly terrible with the exception of "gandalf the bear"... that gave me much kicks. This game doesn't really even have that and that we're peddling it onto minors makes me question the content rating system. The movie slaughtered the book with no class whatsoever - the game does the same (somehow) , just with slightly less class.
  2. KemoH.
    Apr 9, 2008
    Man crap game.Only kids from 2-5 years can play this.
  3. MikeU.
    Jan 30, 2008
    The best part is uninstalling it. The movie was ok, but the game is something you should avoid. Children may have some fun with this, but anyone else would be wise enough to buy something else.
  4. JustinS.
    Feb 21, 2008
    Just another cheap advertisement for some crappy movie to try and get gamers to watch it. I will do no such thing. Horrible controls, graphics are shoddy at best, and gameplay is less inventive then a barrel full of monkeys. Children would be better off finding a dead body to poke with a stick, which is actually about twice as entertaining as this horrible game.
  5. BarackO.
    Aug 8, 2008
    As future president of the united states, i hereby order the immediate destruction of this game all together and that the makers be ceased and fined $250,000 for disturbing the peace and balance of man kind. This game is a disgrace who ever mad it should feel horrible. This is astonishingly horrific.
  6. AnonY.
    Dec 21, 2007
    Appaling movie, worse game.
  7. WillD.
    Jan 11, 2008
    Horrible graphics, boring music, and all around crappiness. This is just another game dredged up really quickly and cheaply by the movie making industry to promote a film that at the very elast is offensive to Catholics. However when summerizing the game religion is beside the point. As I said it is just a cheap, basically add for the movie. Quite similar to the Harry Potter games only Horrible graphics, boring music, and all around crappiness. This is just another game dredged up really quickly and cheaply by the movie making industry to promote a film that at the very elast is offensive to Catholics. However when summerizing the game religion is beside the point. As I said it is just a cheap, basically add for the movie. Quite similar to the Harry Potter games only far worse (and thats saying quite alot). Expand
  8. MikeW.
    Feb 17, 2008
    This isn't the worst game in the world, but it certainly isn't anything worth spending money on. While I'm sure that Will D has never even read this book (but heard that it was "offensive" to Catholics, even though the book doesn't even mention the subject) I would encourage everyone to read it instead of playing this game. The game slacks off what made the story so This isn't the worst game in the world, but it certainly isn't anything worth spending money on. While I'm sure that Will D has never even read this book (but heard that it was "offensive" to Catholics, even though the book doesn't even mention the subject) I would encourage everyone to read it instead of playing this game. The game slacks off what made the story so great, and instead tried to censor itself in order to appease the annoying religious right (which Will D obviously is a member of) Do NOT let this game be your first exposure to the storyline, it will ruin such a great adventure for you in the long run. Expand

1. In general, playing the game is a sinusoidal process of momentary elation as you uncover a new element, quickly followed by deep disappointment as you discover it’s a piece of crap.
    Even the music, as pretty as it is, can't redeem such poor gameplay and atrocious presentation.
  3. PC Zone UK
    A distinctly shoddy game - iffy controls, rubbish bear fights, dull levels and gameplay obsessed with balancing, jumping and the most inane rhythm action ever devised. [Mar 2008, p.84]