8.0

1. Feb 28, 2012
    Well I'd have to agree with Mike S. in that these people were running this game off a computer from the early 90's. I run it just fine on my Sony laptop. I've read a lot of reviews on this game and the thing that gets me most is how the people reviewing the game really don't get the charm of the game. One review I read bashed Guild 2 on trying to be two genre's and not doing it well.Well I'd have to agree with Mike S. in that these people were running this game off a computer from the early 90's. I run it just fine on my Sony laptop. I've read a lot of reviews on this game and the thing that gets me most is how the people reviewing the game really don't get the charm of the game. One review I read bashed Guild 2 on trying to be two genre's and not doing it well. But in what I've played so far I've seen it work beautifully. The problem these reviewers have is that like I said they don't get it. Let me explain.

I started this game after going through the tutorials and decided I wanted to take on the roll of a common man in this time era (which this game does an amazing job portraying). So I created my common man and decided he would be a fisherman. Picked some stats and other things common in RPG type games and went off into the world. But then the story began. No not some scripted thing that the developers decided for me but MY story. Which is really what this game is about YOUR story. Its about making your own story for your own character in your own world! Something too few games let you do these days.

In a matter of one hour of game play I had already fleshed out a complex life for my character. He was happily married with one child and owned a small fishing business on the coast of a small but growing town. He had a few workers working for him and has invested a lot of money into his business. He's ran for office a few times and failed but that doesn't make him feel any worse about himself or his lot in life. He manages to get by just fine selling his fish at the market and even though fish prices are steadily going down he has still maintained his status as the most prominent salesman in his village. He aspires to someday move up in public office and to make a good life for his children. Every now and then competitors will send thugs after him but the town guards have been very good to his family and always keep him and his family safe. Story's like the one I experienced in just over an hour are priceless moments that only a game like the Guild can offer you. And THIS is what the game is all about and what critics fail to realize when reviewing the game. Bugs or not, this is a game for making story's that you wont soon forget.
  2. Mar 5, 2012
    This is a great game. If you like to manage a shop you will like this game. You can play with some of your friends online. It was on sale recently and I am really happy with my purchase.
  3. Feb 28, 2012

1. The Guild 2: Pirates of the European Seas does justice to the franchise and certainly shows in the areas it has listened to the community.
  2. New ideas save this buggy oddity from walking the plank...just. [Aug 2007, p.87]
    The Guild 2 works just fine with its original four classes, but toss in three bor-ing derivatives and it veers toward generic.