6.8

1. Dec 6, 2012
    Definitely a vast improvement from the previous expansion of Rise of Isengard, and yet again Turbine proves devoted to delivering stunning landscapes and open spaces for the land of Rohan. The only complaint keeping this from a 10 is the lack of group content, but that will not remove much as an update(s) is arriving soon with this content.
    Looking forward to the next expansion.
  2. Nov 19, 2012
    My original review on LOTRO ended up as a 7 for those playing up to level 50 (top is 85). This was mainly because for every good region (Evendim, Eregion), there was a tedious one (Forochel, Trollshaws). Moria I was not a great fan of (ditto a 7, I just prefer rivers, mountains etc.), but overall enjoyed. And Isengard expansion is well laid out and interesting to play (an 8 for that region for its nice environment and story-lead quests). But RoR is worth all the time and effort in getting there (from 70+ level). The Pros: * Superb music, some of it is top quality indeed. * Huge land area, lovely to be in. * Horse combat (particularly group horse combat, great great fun). * Again, well laid out story-quests that move you nicely through the area. * The concept of warbands (roving bosses) provides short but fun combat in groups at any time. * End game content is interesting for me (I'm level 84, so just started playing endgame in Hytbold, rebuilding a town - I like the idea of 5 quests a day thing, nice to pick up for a short time, but others are less fond of this, as it can get a bit repetitive). In my previous review, another problem was getting fellowships together for specific quests. That's pretty much all gone now, with quest choices of solo and fellowship where required. You can get to the end pretty much as a solo player, without ever needing help (though if you do need help, the community is helpful and friendly). Solo play does seem to go against the concept of an MMO, but hey, you can play the whole thing solo or in groups, and I like it that way. Are there cons? For me probably just one gameplay one. In horse combat, one-on-one combat you will always come out best, even against higher levels, it's not difficult to do so. But that quibble is minor compared to all the other plusses. Is it worth playing LOTRO up to lvl 70 to start RoR? Yes, yes it is. I cannot wait for the next expansion if it continues on in the same quality. Collapse
  3. Jan 20, 2014
    The new mounted combat is amazing and throw in the usual great landscape and story and ROHAN and this expansion becomes almost unbelievable. That being said, there were bugs and other issues preventing a solid 10.
  4. Nov 19, 2012

1. Nov 18, 2012
    Quotation forthcoming.
  2. Nov 12, 2012
    Riders of Rohan is the best add-on for Lord of the Rings Online thus far. It has one of the best mounted combats I've ever seen in MMOs and with the great, atmospheric Tolkien universe it is a great game for every fan of the books or the films.
  3. Nov 5, 2012
    Don't let my minor complaints deter you though. If you haven't played Lord of the Rings Online for a while then Rohan is the perfect excuse to pick it up again. If you have never played LotRO then I would encourage you to give it a try, all of the stuff leading up to Rohan is still compelling and you will know that you have a good expansion waiting for you at the end.