8.6

1. Dec 22, 2016
    Amazing, and nothing in the RTS genre of games will ever come close to the epic "Battle for Middle Earth" duology. Both titles are spectacular, flawlessly executed.
  2. Nov 10, 2013
    Good game, good graphics, fun but simple gameplay. It's just that it's not deep enough to be a competitive online RTS. Still worth it for the campaign if you're a Lord of the Rings fan.
  3. Apr 6, 2013
    This is a pretty good game. Playing the multiplayer is fun (even if the AI is stupid), and the Campaigns (Both good and evil) are fun. The only issues I saw were the lack of AI intelligence and that the game didn't go directly with the lore behind it...
  4. Mar 8, 2013
    I'd say that this is one of the best strategy game out there. It turns the beloved Lord of the Rings series into one video game featuring all of our favorite characters and battles, such as Helm's Deep, Minas Tirith, and Amon Hen. The alternate evil campaign is also very interesting. It features a brand new evil sequence set to represent the evil taking over Middle-Earth. Both campaignsI'd say that this is one of the best strategy game out there. It turns the beloved Lord of the Rings series into one video game featuring all of our favorite characters and battles, such as Helm's Deep, Minas Tirith, and Amon Hen. The alternate evil campaign is also very interesting. It features a brand new evil sequence set to represent the evil taking over Middle-Earth. Both campaigns are incredibly challenging and are lengthy, which makes this a great game. Skirmish mode is a fun as well. Overall, an incredible strategy game with awesome gameplay and heated battles. Expand
  5. Jul 22, 2011
    The game was a rare gem and one of my first and fondest competitive gaming experiences. The gameplay was unique and focused on battles and strategy first and foremost. It was easy to pick up and fun to play, and I don't think there has been any RTS games that have scratched this same itch since its death, not even its sequels did it justice. Now we can only hope for a BFME 3 with similarThe game was a rare gem and one of my first and fondest competitive gaming experiences. The gameplay was unique and focused on battles and strategy first and foremost. It was easy to pick up and fun to play, and I don't think there has been any RTS games that have scratched this same itch since its death, not even its sequels did it justice. Now we can only hope for a BFME 3 with similar gameplay to BFME 1 but with much needed UI and community interface improvements. Expand
  6. Sep 27, 2010
    Battle For Middle-Earth is a really fun and enjoyable game it is very well made and has years upon years of gameplay and has stunning graphics for such an old game. This games campaign will drag you inside MIddle-Earth and allow you to follow in the footsteps of the movies. If you are a Lord Of The Rings fan this is a must get, I have been playing it for some time now and I enjoy it muchBattle For Middle-Earth is a really fun and enjoyable game it is very well made and has years upon years of gameplay and has stunning graphics for such an old game. This games campaign will drag you inside MIddle-Earth and allow you to follow in the footsteps of the movies. If you are a Lord Of The Rings fan this is a must get, I have been playing it for some time now and I enjoy it much more then any other game like StarCraft2. It has a few problems because if you have a large monitor for whatever reason doesn't let you start up the game but that can be fixed my going to the EA website and finding the solution to that problem. The people of EA LA are a great game developer and hopefully they will keep up the great job. Expand
  7. ChrisL.
    Jul 27, 2007
    This game was awesome. It's worth it. Much better than its sequels. It's a familiar world that you can furthermore explore (If you watched the movies).
  8. DillonN.
    Jun 13, 2006
    This game is awesome. You know exactly what to do and hot to do it. It gives you a really good tutoriul that doesnt just tell you how to play it, but it also sums all the movies up so you know what you are fighting for. The game is awesome!
  9. Carl
    Feb 23, 2006
    sipley the best game ever great grapics and sounds this game is the best game in the world!
  10. Sam
    Nov 7, 2005
    Excellent game.
  11. AndyG.
    Nov 1, 2005
    Best pc game ever!
  12. Kurt
    Oct 25, 2005
    The game does have some minor flaws, but the multiplayer aspect is outstanding. Get a friend or two to play along with you and it will be an instant classic.
  13. Johan
    Sep 1, 2005
    Great game, very, very, addictive. Super sounds, fantastic graphics and good AI. Altough the engine could be better; When fighting big battles the engine slows down a bit, even on high-end PC's. Overall: BUY IT!!! When you love RTS.
  14. LeeA.
    May 24, 2005
    Solid game that makes good use of the license and concentrates on the action elements rather than base building. It would be a perfect entry to strategy gaming but offers enough to keep hardcore strategy gamers who are fans of the film interested especially in the film levels (Minas Tirith, Helms Deep etc). The levels offer different challenges and it can be challenge to keep all your Solid game that makes good use of the license and concentrates on the action elements rather than base building. It would be a perfect entry to strategy gaming but offers enough to keep hardcore strategy gamers who are fans of the film interested especially in the film levels (Minas Tirith, Helms Deep etc). The levels offer different challenges and it can be challenge to keep all your heros alive. The game gets easier as your heros level up but if you dont cheat and restart a level if a hero is killed then it would add to the difficulty level. Will require a top spec machine with a good DVD drive. Expand
  15. Josh
    Apr 3, 2005
    Anyone who says it is below 5 is just plain rubbish at it. It is an amazing game and it has been made to its full portential.
  16. TerranceB.
    Jan 6, 2005
    Maybe not the deepest RTS ever, but it's a beauty of a game. A lot of fun without all the tedium of a traditional RTS.
  17. PabloEscobarL.
    Dec 27, 2004
    This game is way different from everything I played before so I am not use to it yet. But I must say that it means my expectations. The graphics and sound are great if you have a bad ass computer like mine. There is a lot to improve in this game, but overall is pretty good to play against each other online. PS. World of Warcraft is way better game.
  18. Zac
    Dec 20, 2004
    An absolute ripper of a game! Don't think about buying it, just buy it!
    Dec 20, 2004
    I love it! If you take you time to play it a little more, learn it (and have a good computer), you will see that it is a very good game! it really captures very well the lord of the rings feeling. A must play!
  20. AndyS.
    Dec 11, 2004
    This game is cool the best player you can be on this is the gondor people because you can have a well fortified base.
  21. SereneT.
    Dec 8, 2004
    Great polish game! Definitely a must buy for RTS fans!
  22. CharlesH.
    Dec 8, 2004
    This game offers a unique balance of figuritive characters and an epic RPS, truly remarkable.
  23. ObiewonKabobie
    Dec 6, 2004
    I think this game is perfect in every single way.
  24. JasonH.
    Nov 25, 2004
    A masterpiece. Buy it.

The plain gameplay, awkward balance, and poor optimization are flaws to be sure, but they are offset by stellar graphics, sound effects, and voice acting (all of which make for a very immersive atmosphere).
  2. So how do the graphics look? Well I must say I was wholly unimpressed.
    The focus on combat is great, I just wish the combat had been as sterling as I had imagined it would be. The small number of units just doesn't provide the depth that I was hoping for.