The Maw PC

7.4

1. Nov 20, 2013
    Yes… I enjoyed “The Maw”… A game primarily made to entertain children, actually reminded me of games I used to play when I was younger. I felt like I was sitting on the PS1 trying to collect all the gems in Spyro! Video games are so thought up now and the stories can be so mind bogglingly confusing or dull… Or like most games these days based around New York or set in the year 3000 It'sYes… I enjoyed “The Maw”… A game primarily made to entertain children, actually reminded me of games I used to play when I was younger. I felt like I was sitting on the PS1 trying to collect all the gems in Spyro! Video games are so thought up now and the stories can be so mind bogglingly confusing or dull… Or like most games these days based around New York or set in the year 3000 It's seriously very repetitive so being able to step away from that to a very fun cartoon adventure was quite refreshing. I can safely say I thoroughly enjoyed the simplistic style of this game and I think anyone could get into it! Expand
  2. Jul 14, 2013
    Even with outdated graphics, this game is still charming and very original. Smart game-play, funny characters and nice puzzles make it very fun to play. Refreshing.
  3. Jun 18, 2013
    The maw is a really simple yet satisfying game. This game reminds me of spyro in many ways.

A short game, the Maw isn't something you should expect to play for hours on end.

The game lacks finese in controls, and some parts are just up to chasing animals around until the monster blob finally catches them.

Overall its a fun game, and at a low price is well worth it.
  4. Sep 10, 2012
    I just didn't like this game. I probably only would recommend if you like platformers alot. On PC I tried playing with keyboard controls, so may have been better with xbox controller. It reminded me some of Pacman World visually and control-wise. Visuals looks really good. I got it on sale on a whim on Steam and played it maybe an hour -maybe two - before putting it down and movingI just didn't like this game. I probably only would recommend if you like platformers alot. On PC I tried playing with keyboard controls, so may have been better with xbox controller. It reminded me some of Pacman World visually and control-wise. Visuals looks really good. I got it on sale on a whim on Steam and played it maybe an hour -maybe two - before putting it down and moving on to something else. I hear there's a demo so I should've tried that first I guess - at least try the demo before purchase to see if it's your thing Expand
  5. Aug 30, 2012
    First off: Yea, the game is a bit repetitive and easy and the visuals are dated. Also the landscape often looks somehow similar but overall the graphics are fitting the game nicely. And for its age I also think it could be cheaper but just wait until there is major sale. Usually it goes there for under 5
  6. Dec 23, 2011
    This game was a fun wast of time!!!! It reminds me of some of the mid 90's early 3d games. Not really challenging at all but still interesting enough to play all the way though. I wish that the MAW had more powers and better handling but other than that it was a joy to play.
  7. KannedFarU
    Jan 25, 2010
    Never beat it, gameplay became too redundant. But what I played was memorable. The characters are funny especially Maw. Trying to make your Maw as big as possible is really the ultimate goal here. Like I said, redundant but still fun for a little bit. I never thought Xbox Marketplace games should be $10 as they're not really worth that kind of money, same goes for this pc port. Maybe $5
  8. RyanA
    Jan 17, 2010
    I read an article about this in Slate and gave it a go, its brilliant fun and very funny. You can download the demo on steam you will know straight away if you like it or not, I loved it but it cant score higher as its too short for the cost. I dont mind paying it for a small company like this but I cant give them a nine as a result.
  9. BenC
    Jun 8, 2009
    only two parts of the game where you die one of them a deleted scene and there is no penalty to dieing but the game is some wiked cute fun. it WILL make you laugh at times no matter who you are and the soundtrack is amazingly enjoyable to listen to.
  10. Jun 18, 2013

Overall its a fun game, and at a low price is well worth it.

The Maw is a fine little romp for people who feel the platformer genre doesn't get enough respect these days. It's also a great game for parents searching for something to hand off to a young child. The Maw is fairly linear and there isn't a great amount of depth to it, but its two main characters are adorable and the pacing is spot on.
  2. PC Zone UK
    Treat The Maw as a casual half hour game and you'll be well satisfied, but don't expect any maw than that. Sorry. [June 2009, p.75]
  3. PC Gamer UK