8.5

1. Nov 25, 2011
    There aren't many games that I give a a perfect 10 score. The Movies is a perfect example of an imperfect, entertaining game that is expanded almost endlessly on your own personal imagination. The ability to craft your own short-stories with Sims quality characters (at least Sims back in 2005), and to voice act in your own movies is something unseen. If you're looking into animation, orThere aren't many games that I give a a perfect 10 score. The Movies is a perfect example of an imperfect, entertaining game that is expanded almost endlessly on your own personal imagination. The ability to craft your own short-stories with Sims quality characters (at least Sims back in 2005), and to voice act in your own movies is something unseen. If you're looking into animation, or anything of the sort, pick this game up for $10 and let your imagination run wild. Export the movies and share them with friends, or make them with your friends. There's hours of fun to be had here. Expand
  2. Mar 9, 2012
    While not perfect this game is an addictive simulation. Part sim part movie builder the games compromises both parts well. You will spend hours wasting away managing your cast, crew and other members to achieve rank one in the starts, movies and studios categories. The game and its goal (to be the best at everything) is the sum of many parts having to take care of attractiveness, salary,While not perfect this game is an addictive simulation. Part sim part movie builder the games compromises both parts well. You will spend hours wasting away managing your cast, crew and other members to achieve rank one in the starts, movies and studios categories. The game and its goal (to be the best at everything) is the sum of many parts having to take care of attractiveness, salary, trends, skills, media, money and the list goes on and on. The milestone rewards, award ceremonies and scientific advancements add a great feel of progression missing in a lot of sims, I was impressed by it. You can have a ton of fun without even making a custom movie ever. If you do want to however, you will find a robust enough system to support you. While it might not support some complexity some people crave from the movie making or even the micro manage sim point it is a fantastic game overall that comes together extremely well. Expand
  3. Sep 8, 2012
    One of the most entertaining game i have ever played. Great atmosphere, great music and sounds, colorful world. The Sims thing is a little bit annoying me.
  4. Oct 27, 2012
    Amazing in every way. The Movies is an Addicting game that mixes Tycoon games like Roller Coaster Tycoon mixing that with Hollywood mogul and The Sims which is a mix that is really great.
  5. May 25, 2013
    This is one of the best games I have ever played and I still play it. You can create almost any kind of movie which will get based on your creativity. You will see the process when your movie get's filmed, reviewed and if you want, written. You have to think as a real studio owner and you have to deside how much money you will spend on each movie and how much time it will take to film in.This is one of the best games I have ever played and I still play it. You can create almost any kind of movie which will get based on your creativity. You will see the process when your movie get's filmed, reviewed and if you want, written. You have to think as a real studio owner and you have to deside how much money you will spend on each movie and how much time it will take to film in.
    The game will start on 1920's when the movies are in black and white. Then after like 12 hours of gameplay you will be in preset time and after that it will become future. Every year in the game an award ceremony is held and you will se how your studio is going to the top of filmaking.
    If you are an creative person or like having much control this is the ultimate game for you.
  6. Jun 2, 2014
    The movies is one of the most addicting and satisfying games I have ever played! I would highly recommended this game to anyone! So enjoyable and rewarding! I can't stress anymore to tell people to buy this game! worth every cent! Sim and movie lovers will go crazy over this game! So much effort can go into the making of movies, ideas are endless! character development is amazingly good!The movies is one of the most addicting and satisfying games I have ever played! I would highly recommended this game to anyone! So enjoyable and rewarding! I can't stress anymore to tell people to buy this game! worth every cent! Sim and movie lovers will go crazy over this game! So much effort can go into the making of movies, ideas are endless! character development is amazingly good! all factors come together as one of the best simulation games ever! Highly underrated game! which will continuously have you coming back for more! Expand
  7. Jan 17, 2014
    ONE OF THE MOST FUN GAME THAT I HAVE EVAR PLAYED!!!!!

seriously this game is so fun that i just want be the star of this game it has one most fun things ever
    this game and it expansion pack are a must you really should get this game if you are interested in making your own films
  8. May 14, 2014
    I really wish there were more games like The Movies, it's a one of a kind gem. It's just simply so much fun to manage the movie studio and make your own movies.

I highly recommend it.

Few games in recent years have been laugh-out-loud funny, but The Movies generates so much random silliness that - even when things are going wrong - you can still have a good time.
  2. The heavy micromanagement necessary in The Movies may not be for everyone, but it’s easy to see that this is a good game. There are enough unique touches so it never feels stale or derivative, even though parts of it may seem familiar to some gamers.
  3. From the gorgeous detailed graphics, humour, wonderful on-set animation and the entertaining radio news system, The Movies is a landmark game.