The Orange Box PC

9.2

1. PhilipD.
    Oct 10, 2007
    Very good package, for people who haven't already got Half Life 2 or Episode 1. For those who do, it's unfair that we had to spend £10 more on the Orange Box than we would have on the Black Box. Still, Valve's a business and their marketing has got another £10 out of me. Onto the games. TEAM FORTRESS 2 - It would be unfair for me to judge it, with me being a CSS Very good package, for people who haven't already got Half Life 2 or Episode 1. For those who do, it's unfair that we had to spend £10 more on the Orange Box than we would have on the Black Box. Still, Valve's a business and their marketing has got another £10 out of me. Onto the games. TEAM FORTRESS 2 - It would be unfair for me to judge it, with me being a CSS player. I'm not into Team Fortress, though the graphics are pretty, original and the gameplay is fast paced and exciting. Shame more coordination isn't shown at the moment on public servers, but it'll get there in time. Nice dam level. Portal - very good game, original, distorting and could get some 'non fps' players to buy the package. It's just like the simple puzzle games we all know and love, but with great graphics and strange voices (If you can get them working, I had to reinstall it). Half Life 2 Episode 2 - More of the same, really, but with more vulnerable characters and plot wists. Unlike Episode 1, it actually advances with the story line and the graphics look much better in some places. Same weapons, a coupld of new enemies, including one super cute dismembered fast zombie which I laughed out loud at when I saw it! Half life 2 and Episode 1 are also fantastic. In my opinion, I would rather see Half Life 3 than yet another episodic package. It might ake longer to come out, but we've been waiting over a year for this expansion alone. It's more of the same, gets finished within 5 hours and doesn't leave one hundredth the impact that Half Life 3 would. I'm not complaining about the quality, I just wish they could advance to Half Life 3. When I bought Half Life 2, I played no other game for several months. The multi player physics were revolutionary and the graphics and gameplay unbeatable. The Source Engine has a lot of expansion, though I just wish they could take the plunge and make the ultimate engine for Half Life 3, with real time lighting, env maps, super realistic physics etc. Other than that, great package- but after about 3 expansions it's going the same way as the Sims series. Please, Valve, finish there 3 episodic packages then start on Half Life 3. Expand
  2. Recoton007
    Oct 10, 2007
    An excellent package overall. At a great bargain price of $50, it is certainly worth the price. However, it would have been nice if gamers of the Half-Life series had a discount, if they already had HL2 and HL2:EP1. All in all, an excellent package, which is certainly worth the price. However, I'm convinced that the discontinued "Black Box" (which excludes the original 2 Half-LifeAn excellent package overall. At a great bargain price of $50, it is certainly worth the price. However, it would have been nice if gamers of the Half-Life series had a discount, if they already had HL2 and HL2:EP1. All in all, an excellent package, which is certainly worth the price. However, I'm convinced that the discontinued "Black Box" (which excludes the original 2 Half-Life games) would have been a much better bargain for PC gamers. A must buy if you are new to the series! Expand
  3. JodyO.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Ok, here is the deal. This IS the best deal of the century for a FPS fan. The content is amazing, and Team Fortress 2, Portal, and of course Half Life are all unreal. If you don't own this on the PC you really should! Here is my 1 complaint: A few years ago, Steam offered Halflife 2, along with every other game that Valve made. At that time, I spent like $70.00 or so to purchase that Ok, here is the deal. This IS the best deal of the century for a FPS fan. The content is amazing, and Team Fortress 2, Portal, and of course Half Life are all unreal. If you don't own this on the PC you really should! Here is my 1 complaint: A few years ago, Steam offered Halflife 2, along with every other game that Valve made. At that time, I spent like $70.00 or so to purchase that package. Valve did not offer an "upgrade" path so that the true early adopters of steam got any type of discount. Instead we had to buy Half Life 2 AGAIN, and several other games. They did give us the option to "gift" Half Life 2, but most everyone I know already has the game. Anyway, it is an awesome collection to have, and money well spent. I just wonder how the gameplay is on the 360! Expand
  4. SeanR.
    Oct 12, 2007
    Very fun and intense, story is told to u in the usual way.
  5. MaxB.
    Oct 10, 2007
    This is a very fun game. Too bad that it just takes a few hours to go throu the story line.
  6. KarlS.
    Oct 12, 2007
    Brilliant, well worth the wait! All classes bring something new to the table, I still can't decide whether no grenades was a wise choice though, 9 out of 10!
  7. WillT.
    Oct 13, 2007
    Ok, the value of this game was Awesome! (Way to go Valve!) However portal was beat in 2 hrs. and the Ai had to die from level one. Episode two followed at 4 hours. Aside from some short gameplay times this box roxs!
  8. RobS.
    Nov 5, 2007
    Great game, excellent value for money, although episode 2 was a bit cut-short I though. Portal blew my mind. TF2, best multiplayer this year.
  9. MysenShearer
    Sep 23, 2007
    It doesn't matter what kind of game this is. If it's from Valve, they will definately deliver. This is very well the best deal of the century. The long awaited Team Fortress 2, the fun and awesome looking Portal, and the continuation to the great Half-Life story, all for 50 bucks is the best deal ever. You won't get a better deal anywhere.
  10. TimP.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Really nice game, awesome feeling and awesome story. Loved the game all the way through. Although it was too short and too easy. My expectations were too high it seemes, but I will give it a 9
  11. Will
    Oct 11, 2007
    It would have been a 10 if the story was longer (beat it the first night it was released in roughly 3 hours ) and the plot a bit more involved . but the real meat of the game is going to be in community made maps . for its few flaws its still groundbreaking and one of my all time favorite games . and ive only had it a few days .
  12. HernandezE.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Wonderful. Finally TF returns with proper glory. Now all we need is CTF with runes.
  13. MichaelP.
    Nov 27, 2007
    Great Package! I personally bought it for Team Fortress 2. I also had been waiting for portal which turned out to be better than it used to be. The Three Half Life games were good as expected. After buying it I was hit with fresh material for about a month of gaming. (Playing 4hrs a day, 5 or 6 times a week.) First of all Team Fortress 2 was a great multiplayer experience to play with Great Package! I personally bought it for Team Fortress 2. I also had been waiting for portal which turned out to be better than it used to be. The Three Half Life games were good as expected. After buying it I was hit with fresh material for about a month of gaming. (Playing 4hrs a day, 5 or 6 times a week.) First of all Team Fortress 2 was a great multiplayer experience to play with friends. Portal is creative, and Half Life is a great, mod-able game. I was overall impressed, the only thing I wish was in TF2 was a ladder or ranking system. A couple more game modes would also be nice, but overall an excellent deal. One of the best games of the year. Expand
  14. Adam
    Sep 27, 2007
    I can't comment on Portal or Episode 2, but Team Fortress 2 is what this genre is missing... a seriously fun and competitive multi-player oriented FPS.

Some people who claim to be old-school TFC players will cringe at the differences. But most of those people don't even realize how much TFC was against the grain of the first quake based iterations. Unlike Source versions of classic mods like Counter-Strike or Day of Defeat, TF2 has straight out declared superiority over it's predecessor.
  15. JohnR
    Nov 13, 2009
    I've only just now finished Half-Life 2 and have to admit, despite being an old-school PC gamer and a fan mainly of RPGs and RTSs, that this game has to go down as one of the best I've ever played. My gripe is that, while The Orange Box is undoubtedly superb value - only the Infinity Engine compilations can rival it - it isn't really a game as such and shouldn't be I've only just now finished Half-Life 2 and have to admit, despite being an old-school PC gamer and a fan mainly of RPGs and RTSs, that this game has to go down as one of the best I've ever played. My gripe is that, while The Orange Box is undoubtedly superb value - only the Infinity Engine compilations can rival it - it isn't really a game as such and shouldn't be given a metacritic ranking of its own. Instead it's a compilation of games (Half-Life 2 + Episodes One and Two ; Portal and Team Fortress), the others already having their own separate rankings. All the same I'd advise anyone who has never played Half-Life 2 to get The Orange Box. Expand
  16. Feb 27, 2011
    This simply is the very best what you can get. All in one for a way to cheap price! The engine still functions fantastic and the gameplay still gives you years of fun!
  17. CRL
    Jul 25, 2011
    Games today are ridiculously overpriced, at most new shooters begin around $50. The Orange Box is a combination of three awesome shooters, an iconic puzzler, and one of the best multiplayer games you'll ever find. Think about that. Five games, four of which I believe have 'Universal Acclaim' on this website, for the price of one. Half Life 2 and it's episodes: some of the most funGames today are ridiculously overpriced, at most new shooters begin around $50. The Orange Box is a combination of three awesome shooters, an iconic puzzler, and one of the best multiplayer games you'll ever find. Think about that. Five games, four of which I believe have 'Universal Acclaim' on this website, for the price of one. Half Life 2 and it's episodes: some of the most fun shooters ever made. Portal: the game that revolutionized puzzlers. TF2: multiplayer at it's best. Valve took a bit of a gamble when this was released, and in doing so created one of the best deals out there. Expand
  18. Aug 1, 2013
    After playing over 40 hours on Portal alone, and 13 hours on Half-Life 2 not even half way through, I can say that this was my money well spent. If you're looking for a game with imaginative and fresh puzzles, Portal will be a great game that will give you hours of enjoyment with multiple levels and challenges. The Half-Life 2 games have a great story line and some great voice actors whichAfter playing over 40 hours on Portal alone, and 13 hours on Half-Life 2 not even half way through, I can say that this was my money well spent. If you're looking for a game with imaginative and fresh puzzles, Portal will be a great game that will give you hours of enjoyment with multiple levels and challenges. The Half-Life 2 games have a great story line and some great voice actors which really immerse you in the gameplay. However, saying that, the gameplay is pretty standard and can sometimes get a little repetitive after playing all 3 of the Half-Life 2 games in quick succession. Finally, Team Fortress 2. If you have ever played TF2 on either the Xbox 360 or Playstation 3, the game on the computer is nothing like them. You have a range of level and missions which I believe aren't on the console version, there is a global population of people playing at all times and can trade between other players to receive a massive amount of weapons... and hats.
    Pro's: A wide range of games and genres, provide entertainment for hours on end and has a great community of gamers.
    Con's: Some repetitive gameplay and some puzzling puzzles.
  19. Feb 3, 2014
    Story: 8 out of 10, Graphics: 9 out of 10, Fun: 9 out of 10, Controls: 9 out of 10, Ease to Learn: 8 out of 10, Length: 10 out of 10, Re-play: 7 out of 10, Value: 10 out of 10
  20. Dec 5, 2015
    Put 5 of THE best FPS games in one package and you have one of the greatest bundles known to man. It's so great.

This is a MUST have for ANY PC gamer.
  21. KaiS.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Fun and unique game, but sometimes a bit too challenging.
  22. MarkT.
    Oct 10, 2007
    Team Fortress 2 has been a blast, and enjoying Episode One.. and I am sure that Episode 2 and Portal will make this a bargain - EXCEPT I cannot open them yet. Steam still tells me that they are unreleased, even though they are released. Deeply irritating, and disappointing for an otherwise great service.
  23. HomerSimpson
    Oct 11, 2007
    Half-Life 2 isn't THAT great anymore - just compare it to Ep 2. Portal's way cool, but SO short. TF2 will be good for awhile, but it's hard to allocate time away from H3 for it.
  24. GuyW.
    Dec 31, 2007
    A great package.....TF2 is a well crafted multiplayer experience, however it needs many more maps. Portal is a nice change of pace from your typical FPS gameplay. HL2 episode one is a joy to play until you realize how short it is. getting HL2 and HL2 episode one in the package is good but I suspect most people buying Orange Box already have those games. Valve does allow you to gift them A great package.....TF2 is a well crafted multiplayer experience, however it needs many more maps. Portal is a nice change of pace from your typical FPS gameplay. HL2 episode one is a joy to play until you realize how short it is. getting HL2 and HL2 episode one in the package is good but I suspect most people buying Orange Box already have those games. Valve does allow you to gift them to others though. Overall I don't think it's the greatest game deal ever but that's not to say it isn't worth getting. Expand
  25. Oct 2, 2011
    I would have given it a 10, but since TF2 is now free, it's lost a little value. I bought this a few years ago for TF2, and it was only 5 extra dollars to get HL2 and Portal, so I thought why not? Team Fortress 2 is by far the best online FPS I've ever played. It's endless fun, and the drop system is awesome, and there's unlimited maps to play which are all free. Portal was pretty fun. AI would have given it a 10, but since TF2 is now free, it's lost a little value. I bought this a few years ago for TF2, and it was only 5 extra dollars to get HL2 and Portal, so I thought why not? Team Fortress 2 is by far the best online FPS I've ever played. It's endless fun, and the drop system is awesome, and there's unlimited maps to play which are all free. Portal was pretty fun. A little bit overrated in my opinion, but that doesn't mean it was good. The first run through it was AWESOME although short, and it's worth a second go. The challenge maps are okay. Should give you a day or 2 of playtime. Half Life 2 is great. It's got shooting combined with puzzles, and an awesome story. It's got quite a bit of playtime between the 3 Half Life games, just playing each one once takes a little while. I like how you had to think a lot, although sometimes I would have to look up what to do on the internet. Anyways, if you like single player games, this is a great buy. If you only like multiplayer games, which was pretty much me, get TF2 for free and don't bother, although I think it's worth a try if you have a few dollars. I normally hate single player games and I enjoyed them quite a bit. Anyways, if TF2 still had a price, 10/10 best value on the market. Even now that TF2 is free, still a great value. Expand
  26. Feb 11, 2012
    Half-Life 2: Episode Two - 8
    Team Fortress 2 - 8
    Portal - 7

Those Source Engine based games are quit annoying, every game from his own reason but with it, they all can simply get you in a beautiful adventure where your options is lots of count.
    Add for those the epic music in the games and whalla!
  27. Nov 20, 2016
    Сборник состоящий из очень хороших игр. HL тут аж 3 штуки, так же вместе с ними Portal и TF, которая уже давно бесплатная. За 300 рублей - это отличное предложение.
  28. GeorgeC.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Source Engine runs much better than in the past but the creators put lots of fillers(long driving scenes, stronger enemies, and now an achievement list. I still love it but still not as good as the original HL2. Also, I wish Valve would stop killing of the key personalities!
  29. KMDR.B.
    Jan 20, 2008
    Fabuloso pack de adictivos juegos. Sin duda bastante completo. La inclusión del Steam mejora el rendimiento de cualquiera de los juegos almacenados en el. La saga de Half-Life 2 con sus dos episodios constituye una absoluta aventura realista basada en el clásico "shoot em up" que no tiene desperdicio y para mejorar todo esto, el videojuego TeaM ForttresS 2. LaFabuloso pack de adictivos juegos. Sin duda bastante completo. La inclusión del Steam mejora el rendimiento de cualquiera de los juegos almacenados en el. La saga de Half-Life 2 con sus dos episodios constituye una absoluta aventura realista basada en el clásico "shoot em up" que no tiene desperdicio y para mejorar todo esto, el videojuego TeaM ForttresS 2. La diversión y la adicción están aseguradas con este pack. Aunque es mejor conseguir el pack completo de Valve®. Expand
  30. GamePlayer
    Oct 13, 2007
    This is one of the coolest packages out there. Only thing is.. half the games don't work on my computer. My computer has all the minamal features. I'm thinking on why the heck its not working and i can't figure out why. On the good side is.. well.. Half-Life: 2 is pretty good.
  31. Crusader
    Oct 16, 2007
    A great deal for those who don`t own Half-Life 2 and/or Episode One. And for those who do [like me], since the Black Box was cancelled, it`s a ripoff. Considering that Portal is way to short, episode two is half the lenght of ep one. I don`t think it`s a good choice for us, poor owners of HL2/ep 1. ;) So, a 9/10 for those who got neither, never met one in my life though. And a 5/10 for A great deal for those who don`t own Half-Life 2 and/or Episode One. And for those who do [like me], since the Black Box was cancelled, it`s a ripoff. Considering that Portal is way to short, episode two is half the lenght of ep one. I don`t think it`s a good choice for us, poor owners of HL2/ep 1. ;) So, a 9/10 for those who got neither, never met one in my life though. And a 5/10 for those of us suckers, who bought HL2 and Ep. One long time ago, and now have to buy this, or go for Steam. No thanks;) Expand
  32. Nov 19, 2015
    Orange Box contains 3 Valve classics; Team Fortress 2, Half-Life 2 and Portal. The package is a good deal, but considering that Team Fortress 2 is a free game now, makes the package less usefull to buy, since now your buying just Portal and Half-Life 2. But it is still buying if you like puzzles and good storylines.
  33. AdamR.
    Oct 11, 2007
    This game is overated extremely. There wasn't to much of a storyline to become interested in the game. The clues posted around the levels such as the writing on the walls made no sense at all once you;ve beat the game.
  34. Nov 2, 2012
    Getting it won't make you feel remorse nor excitement

Getting it won't make you feel remorse nor excitement

This game pack is a bit difficult to review because of its contents. There should be a main area of focus to consider above all the others and for me it is Half-Life 2. Half-Life didn't interest me the first time I played it since I got bored of going forwards opening doors and shooting alien crabs. I got so bored that I never finished it. Half-Life 2 doesn't fall too far away from the first game's tree either. There are hundreds of doors to be opened and hundreds of alien-crabs to shoot. However, all games are repetitive because the core gameplay must be present at all times which makes repetition a matter diversity in its contents than a matter of repetition in itself. The problem with Half-Life 2's repetition is its repetitive flatness that falls into Gordon Freeman, the main character. We play as Gordon Freeman and that's it. We don't know how old he is, neither if he has a family, friends, pets , what he likes or why he is doing all of this. It is completely uninteresting, there's no character development in any sense beyond getting weapon upgrades -weapons have a far more interesting weaponality than Freeman's personality- and this leave us, players, moving a souless virtual doll through several areas with no personal purpose rather than moving forward. The worst thing about Gordon Freeman is that everyone seems to know him but ourselves, which are the ones portraying him. Fortunately, there's some small variety in the gameplay materialized in the vehicle-driving portions of the game: a weaponless hovercraft, later upgraded to a weponed hovercraft and finally a weaponless quatricycle later upgraded to a weaponed quatricycle. Controls are fine with the exception of the crouch button, which is placed under one of the analogs [right], this was a bad call since you'll crouch when accidentally pressing the stick during the heat of any battle instead of moving the camera to shoot properly, which is what you wanted to do in the first place. Graphics are really nice, I love the water effects. Coastal environments are beautiful and the technology art design is fairly interesting. Sound quality is quite good too. Dialogues are nicely performed and the melodies fit the ongoing action accordingly. Luckily, not all of The Orange Box is Half-life 2 related: PORTAL. Portal is the best thing in this pack: it is a very interesting puzzle concept which includes FPS elements. We are given a portal gun that is capable of opening spacefolds between two designated points. We shoot one beam at any point in space and then we shoot another beam making both hits connect each other what leads to a space-fold window. This concept has been so well thought that we can even see ourselves through the portal before crossing; I'm really amazed by how cleverly they have come up with this. We can use portals to do everything we need or dream of and the good thing about them is that they keep your momentum leading to wonderful puzzle solutions. I finished Portal before Half-Life 2 because unlike the latter, Portal has a soul, one that is very interesting, compelling and addictive. Team Fortress entails the on-line gaming portion of the package and I don't do that. I'f you like playing on-line then you'll probably enjoy it, I don't. The good thing about it is that it is there for you to take advantage of it if you want. The Orange Box must be regarded as a pure Half-Life 2 product since it is its main component and weakness due to its uninteresting story, flat character development and unoriginal gameplay and this is why I rated it 6.5. Fortunately, Half-Life 2 is not all that there is to this package since Portal is a fantastic puzzle game with really well thought physics concepts and addictive gameplay -there's also a light plot to it. Finally, we have Team Fortress that is an on-line multi-player game, only appealing to whom are interested in such feature. Should any one buy The Orange Box? Yes, they should because they'll get a so-so game with two expansions -which is better than nothing-, a wonderful, clever and addictive puzzle game in the form of Portal and the possibility to play on-line with Team Fortress thrown into the mix for a bargain price.

STORY: 3

CONTROLS: 7

GRAPHICS: 9

SOUND: 6
    --------------------

//-----TOTAL: 6.5 [6.25 rounded]-----//

Palfrei.

Source [personal]: http://palfrei.blogspot.com.ar/2010/07/rvv-orange-box-eng.html
  35. DavidT.
    Nov 5, 2007
    Portal is excellent, the rest of it is mediocre at best.
  36. Aug 13, 2010
    The only thing that concerns me with this, is that it's a compilation set! The whole box is being praised as one of the highest rated out there, but come on, that's like if Diablo 1 and 2, or the Age of Empires box sets dominated the charts. It would send individual games down the ranks (like GTAIV). I think that sets should not be rated, because that brings in unfair bias to individualThe only thing that concerns me with this, is that it's a compilation set! The whole box is being praised as one of the highest rated out there, but come on, that's like if Diablo 1 and 2, or the Age of Empires box sets dominated the charts. It would send individual games down the ranks (like GTAIV). I think that sets should not be rated, because that brings in unfair bias to individual games. Instead of HL2 getting position 3 and 6 (6 being the orange box) makes the game have an unfair advantage to the whole. If Valve's Complete pack were to be rated and got #1 or 2, then that's another HL2 being rated with high marks again! This is just another way for valve to get their product rated. And is the high rating because of graphics, story, playability, sound? No, it's just because it's a large box set. The high ratings should be given to the individual games, not the compilation. That's all. I love the games inside the Box set individually, but for the box itself, I'd rather barf. Therefore, my rating is n/a. (or 5 being neutral/normal) Oh, sure it's a good deal, but don't justify price for score. Expand
  37. PierreB
    Dec 11, 2007
    I am extremely dissapointed by the orange box which is only an excuse for valve to intrude your computer with Steam.
    I love farcry, I love company of heros, I hate the orange box and will discard this game (and steam) as soon as I have finished that stupid half live.
  38. Sep 1, 2011
    Worst installation ever in all of computer software in human history, beating out old and new Mac, Linux and Windows installations. This isn't simplication, it's complication and complexity when it comes to fighting piracy using Steam and its DRM. The worst part, if you are not a cable internet user, no one can survive this painful installation and download updates. Team Fortress 2 took meWorst installation ever in all of computer software in human history, beating out old and new Mac, Linux and Windows installations. This isn't simplication, it's complication and complexity when it comes to fighting piracy using Steam and its DRM. The worst part, if you are not a cable internet user, no one can survive this painful installation and download updates. Team Fortress 2 took me 9+ hours of updates and Half-Life 2 and its add-ons took 4+ hours of updates, all via DSL. Although this Half-Life 2 Orange Box is the best rated "package" game ever, the incomplete package is missing Half-Life Source, Half-Life 2 Deathmatch and Counterstrike Source. Since this package is not up-to-date, no wonder why HL2 didn't deserve a Game of the Year Edition and Valve re-releasing an updated HL2 Orange Box. Expand
  39. MessiahL.
    Oct 21, 2007
    Here's an idea: don't shove medicine down people's throats if you are unwilling to take it yourself. Quit under-rating Halo 3 because you don't own a 360, and quit hyping up the Half-Life franchise like it's full of innovation. What, exactly, aside from the gravity gun, is innovative about Half Life 2? It's possibly one of the most HEAVILY scripted and narrow Here's an idea: don't shove medicine down people's throats if you are unwilling to take it yourself. Quit under-rating Halo 3 because you don't own a 360, and quit hyping up the Half-Life franchise like it's full of innovation. What, exactly, aside from the gravity gun, is innovative about Half Life 2? It's possibly one of the most HEAVILY scripted and narrow games I've ever played. Is it good? Hell yes. But so is Halo. So quit trashing another good franchise just because you're a spoon-fed fanboy. I've built several of my own machines and Half-Life 2 looked gorgeous on ALL of them, but I've also owned an Xbox in my time, and I'm willing to concede that Halo is just as good as a series. My biggest complaint is with Steam. Yes, maybe steam users are stupid enough to put their money into what is obviously going to be a monopoly, but I'm not. The only Steam games I will ever purchase are Valve games, because Steam is all you can play them on. So go ahead, put money into something like this and watch as the market is monopolized and you have to pay for every game through Steam, keeping in mind that if your account was ever lost for whatever reason, all your games would be gone. Sadly, people don't think ahead, they've got the sheep mentality and it's going to screw us all. Expand

1. PC Gamer
    Leave it to Valve to deliver the goods on such an ambitious game package...The Orange Box is one of the finest compilations of gaming content ever produced. [Nov 2007, p.58]
    Not only do you get the best single player first person shooter ever created, you also get the two next chapters, a 3D puzzle game that also happens to live in the Half-Life universe and a terrifically fun team-based multiplayer first-person shooter. This is a lot of game in one package for only 50 dollars.
    The Orange Box offers everything any fan of first-person shooters could possibly want: some of the best single-player gaming ever in the shape of Half-Life 2 and Episodes One and Two; wonderful innovation from Portal, and the most refined, downright fun team-based online FPS currently available in Team Fortress 2. If that doesn't warrant a 10 out of 10, nothing does.