The Ship PC

7.1

1. Jul 19, 2014
    Jeu assez fun entre pote ou même tout seul . Le but est simple démonter tout les autres passager sur le bateaux et être le dernier survivant sur le bateau . Mais pas aussi simple quand on a des caméras et des garde dans les couloirs . De plus font trouver de quoi tuer quelqu'un ( poêle , couteau, armes a feu , rasoir , ...) . Mais vous devriez aussi penser a vos besoin : Manger , boire ,Jeu assez fun entre pote ou même tout seul . Le but est simple démonter tout les autres passager sur le bateaux et être le dernier survivant sur le bateau . Mais pas aussi simple quand on a des caméras et des garde dans les couloirs . De plus font trouver de quoi tuer quelqu'un ( poêle , couteau, armes a feu , rasoir , ...) . Mais vous devriez aussi penser a vos besoin : Manger , boire , se laver , dormir ) Bref.. si vous voulez vous amuser avec des potes , prenez le ! Expand
  2. Jun 26, 2014
    Once you understand how everything works and get a feel for the game, it is a positive mixture of frustration and hilarity. Don't skip the tutorial or you'll wonder what the hell is going on.
  3. Jun 10, 2014
    This game is by fare one of my favorites, and for many a classic. It's somewhat dead now since so many new games have come out, but there's still a handful that play. The concept is simply awesome, no game has ever come close to this. The map is easy to follow and it's simple enough for a young adult to get into. It's a thrill that not many games give because you're constantly beingThis game is by fare one of my favorites, and for many a classic. It's somewhat dead now since so many new games have come out, but there's still a handful that play. The concept is simply awesome, no game has ever come close to this. The map is easy to follow and it's simple enough for a young adult to get into. It's a thrill that not many games give because you're constantly being stalked one or more people throughout your lifespan.

It's one of the games that you MUST play before it dies completely.
  4. May 15, 2014
    A hunk of junk. The graphics are inexcusably bad. Terrible, they look like 1991. I saw better looking games on N64. The gameplay mechanics are also bad. This game made me wanna throw up it was so ugly.
  5. Dec 7, 2013
    Great Game A wide variety on weapons many different maps to play in I would consider this revolutionary for First-Person-Shooters mainly because of the ideas and good detail. There are some bad things such as horrendous Artificial Intelligence that will get stuck in doors or get in your way. You should buy this great game it's not expensive it is only $20.00 on Steam and I wouldGreat Game A wide variety on weapons many different maps to play in I would consider this revolutionary for First-Person-Shooters mainly because of the ideas and good detail. There are some bad things such as horrendous Artificial Intelligence that will get stuck in doors or get in your way. You should buy this great game it's not expensive it is only $20.00 on Steam and I would happily give this game an 8 out of 10 Expand
  6. Jul 1, 2013
    I still believe in this, and with further tweaks it could yet become a fine murder game. Buy the pack on steam and give it a try. If you haven't played this game yet, you're missing out greatly.
  7. Jun 21, 2013
    This game is really something. The graphics looks great and I think the style works really well but the singleplayer has a fatal glitch which stops the game completely making the singleplayer a huge rip off,
    it almost feels like they didn't finish making it. The bits of singleplayer that actually work pretty much suck and it's just a really buggy/glitchy version of the multiplayer.
    The

The multiplayer is really fun but finding players is difficult, the AI are pretty stupid but they are kinda fun to play with. The game works really well if you get friends together to play it but I don't think the game is punishing enough as I found myself constantly getting away with murdering people in plain sight of others, this problem made every gamemode feel like TDM as everyone was just running around beating the crap out of there target. You can get caught by the guards and CCTV but the CCTV does not have a very good view of most areas and the guards only ever stand in one place, if you are seen with a weapon by CCTV or the guards you go to jail for a few minutes which can make the gameplay quite interesting if your target goes to jail.

Overall this game is great fun but if you don't have any friends willing to play it with you don't bother because the multiplayer is almost completely deserted.
  8. Jun 19, 2013
    This is a fantastic game, be sure to play it online as the AI are not the brightest, but its still playable offline. its a shame it didn't sell so well, I only recently discovered it and Loved it. the GFX look really good for its age, cheesy, but solid gameplay make this one of the best games I have ever played. There are plans for a squeal too, so watch out for that!
  9. Mar 20, 2013
    A very original game, very fun and thrilling, but the ships are extremely confusing to navigate, that's the only thing holding my score back. Can't wait for the sequel!
  10. Dec 11, 2012
    Ranks in my worst 5 games of all time. The concept is good but in practice it just does not work. People do not "role play" and because of this they just run around all the time. It's just not fun.
  11. Nov 15, 2012
    An enjoyable single player that introduces you to the gameplay and mechanics of the game against an average AI. The multi player is fantastic and plenty of fun however the game never really quite found the audience it deserved.
  12. Nov 15, 2012
    very good game amazing game play and lots of fun especially with friends.
    very good idea of hunt drags you into funny moments and exciting ones.
    the bad graphic shouldn't bother anyone.
  13. Aug 30, 2012
    The game is very good and fun, however making your own servers is hard and you have to download a hosting thing which I don't trust for one minute. Would enjoy it a lot more if it ran off Steam servers and not LAN servers.
  14. Jul 23, 2012
    This is a really cool game. I've only played two gamemodes, Hunt and Deathmatch. In Hunt, you are to find a weapon and kill your quarry before the time runs out. You must do so only when nobody else is looking. But you must be careful, because you yourself are also being hunted. You can't kill just anyone, doing so will result in a fine and possibly a kick from the server. Deathmatch isThis is a really cool game. I've only played two gamemodes, Hunt and Deathmatch. In Hunt, you are to find a weapon and kill your quarry before the time runs out. You must do so only when nobody else is looking. But you must be careful, because you yourself are also being hunted. You can't kill just anyone, doing so will result in a fine and possibly a kick from the server. Deathmatch is pretty explanatory, you just kill everyone you see. The graphics are pretty decent, too. It's really awesome.. what else do you expect from a Source game? It's worth the money. In fact, you get a second copy when you buy it, so give it to a friend!

Only reason I didn't give it the 10 it deserves is the players. Let's face it, a lot of them don't know how to play it. They just go off blasting everyone. There are some servers with decent players, so don't worry.
  15. Oct 30, 2011
    The ship is an amazing classic that you just have to play. Many of the reviews say it gets boring, but it really doesnt. The ship is a classic that you must get.
  16. Oct 6, 2010
    To be completely honest, what a load of ship.
  17. AlexB.
    Jan 24, 2010
    It's a very unique game, and I'd say its atleast worth what its asking for if you enjoy these murdermystery-ish type of games.
  18. RebeccaK
    Dec 4, 2009
    Very unique, and exciting at first, however it does get boring quickly.
  19. PatC.
    Aug 15, 2009
    I tried to rate this game on its multiplay because its singleplayer seemed more like practice than an actual game; more or less like you would rate css on its multiplayer rather than its bot intelligence. The idea is brilliant, I loved the trill of evading my hunter wilst trying to track down my own pray. The grafics wernt stellar but its not like that kills the game (just look at TF2). I tried to rate this game on its multiplay because its singleplayer seemed more like practice than an actual game; more or less like you would rate css on its multiplayer rather than its bot intelligence. The idea is brilliant, I loved the trill of evading my hunter wilst trying to track down my own pray. The grafics wernt stellar but its not like that kills the game (just look at TF2). There are more than enough levels for you to try out and explore which can lead to hours of gameplay that is well worth the $10 I paid for it. Expand
  20. OdinE.K.
    Mar 31, 2009
    A surprisingly good murder-mystery game. I admit the single-player was dull, but when you get this good of a multi-player, who cares?
  21. DavidA.
    Feb 7, 2009
    I love this game...of course I will say that it is not perfect... Now I have read many of the reviews online...many state that it sucks...and I have read many stating it is too easy and not complex enough...along with the 1 I read stating he thinks that all the positive reviews are from those that have not truly played this yet.... My I have to say that 1 reviewer himself obviously has I love this game...of course I will say that it is not perfect... Now I have read many of the reviews online...many state that it sucks...and I have read many stating it is too easy and not complex enough...along with the 1 I read stating he thinks that all the positive reviews are from those that have not truly played this yet.... My I have to say that 1 reviewer himself obviously has not played the game online...because if you play with the bots...yes it can seem very easy and none complex and boring...but if you play online with other users...OMG...you will fall in love...because it is more than just go about trying to kill your quarry and what not...because a strategy to winning that you can do is kill your quarry and as you wait for next round to start you can go and kill another player...in the process you still gain a good amount of money...if you use a good enough weapon... This heightens the intensity much because no matter what you are on your toes trying to figure out where your quarry is and at the same time your hunter...and well having peeps try to kill you randomly...just makes you try to stop them...hence you have to be careful as to whom is whom... I have to say also the SP story mode game is not the best...its just a bunch of random quests put together to try and better explain about an NPC of the game... Overall tho online play is your best bet...with PLAYERS NOT BOTS... ---Stixsmaster. Expand
  22. TimB.
    Oct 27, 2008
    I feel this game was not worth even the $4.99 I just forked out for it. It is a very interesting concept, though - its a kind of "Battle Royale" take with a further twist: it's on a lost ship, between money-hungry passengers, and stealth must be used rather than force to win the day. Immediately, this idea appealed to me. Unfortunately, the gameplay and graphics did not. Immediately I feel this game was not worth even the $4.99 I just forked out for it. It is a very interesting concept, though - its a kind of "Battle Royale" take with a further twist: it's on a lost ship, between money-hungry passengers, and stealth must be used rather than force to win the day. Immediately, this idea appealed to me. Unfortunately, the gameplay and graphics did not. Immediately upon opening the game, we are thrust into an amateurishly introduced storyline, followed by an unceremonious plunge straight into the action. After being told by the owner of the ship that we are supposed to kill each other, we now discover (the hard way) that even brandishing something so deadly as a spanner, or indeed knitting needles, in public view is enough to get us locked up in the ship's handy prison cell (which, incidentally, is more comfortable than your room). After finally getting to grips with this and beginning the story, the very first thing we must do is club to death a sleeping woman - our "quarry", who happens to be right outside our room - before talking to a porter boy called "Jimmy". After completing this small, menial task, one may as well stop playing: you have now experienced the full extent of the game. A further note to make about gameplay would be the appalling AI, and damage statistics. Hitting a poor, helpless and defenceless woman from behind with the business end of a large axe doesn't leave a mark, and afterwards, so long as you're not seen holding the axe, she'll conveniently forget about it and walk around as normal. Clubbing a bank-manager with a frying pan, forcing him to let you into the bank vault, and then leaving him to contemplate his attack has no consequence. Weapon damage is calculated by a 5-star rating system, wherein a magnum revolver or a large axe rate 4 stars and a kukuri knife 5. And weapons themselves can be procured anywhere. Just check the male toilets; in the locker you'll find anything from a paddle to a fully automatic Tommy-gun or even a katana. And then, to top it all off, an element of "The Sims" is added. Now, "The Sims", in my opinion, is a good concept ruined only by the annoying chores one must constantly carry out to look after each of their characters, such as taking them to the bathroom, feeding them, washing them, telling them to sleep and socialise, etc. The idea of building a custom family, then a house for them, and then watching them prosper is actually quite appealing. Unfortunately, the element that "The Ship" uses is, you guessed it, the chores. And in "The Ship", they are even more twisted and outlandish, with even more far-fetched consequences. For example, washing your hands will immediately satisfy your need to wash, regardless of how great this need was. Clicking on your target repeatedly just before you kill them will satisfy your need to socialise without actually alerting the target to your presence. And, let us not forget the consequences of neglecting out characters! Not washed your hands in half an hour? Oh no, you've suddenly dropped dead, having been claimed by a "nasty disease"... The graphics are also quite poor. The Source engine has been butchered: standing on the ship's deck and looking out to sea makes one think that they may well be drifting through deep space, or a hellish purple sea on some alien planet. Animation is sometimes quite clumsy, though the player models have been designed well and in a style that fits with the game. I will say that the ship's layout itself is quite authentic, and satisfies. The multiplayer, I have had little experience of and so cannot really comment. But from the half an hour or so I spent playing, I found little playability in any of the 20 or so servers for me to choose from. To avoid your hunter, all you must do is stand in plain view of a camera or guard and hey-presto, you've survived the round. Basically a sped-up deathmatch-esque version of the single-player story mode. So, basically, an appalling game, in all. I cannot understand how so many professional reviewers and members of the public alike can possibly give this title any more than 3/10. The concept behind it had such potential, and it's a real shame that nothing came of it. It is the range of available weapons and outfits, as well as the interesting concept and half-an-hour or so of authentic gameplay that prompted the frankly generous 2/10 I've decided to give "The Ship". Expand
  23. BrianR.
    May 4, 2008
    i would say that multi-player is where all of the fun is, because single player is way to short, i beat it in about and hour and a half, and thats with a little exploring. so if your going to get this game get the multiplayer version instead of the single player version.
  24. KevinO
    Mar 5, 2008
    Fun but little variation - mission failures resulting in having to redo the entire mission is annoying at best.
  25. DavioC.
    Jan 27, 2008
    This game is incredibly fun. The concept is simple and, though the gameplay takes a short time to get used to, in the end, you'll have a blast. The online play is addictive because of the sheer number of ways to kill your enemies. It also takes skill and strategy to become a good player, for you must take into consideration all of the needs and weapons and rewards for kills. Amazing Game.
  26. ChristopherA.
    Dec 29, 2007
    The developers of this game took the most inane activity from run of the mill FPS games, namely chasing each other around with a melee weapon, and turned it into the core focus of this game. The plot is a well-worn one and the graphics rather mediocre. The game is designed with one novelty, that is making you wait as punishment for failure. As if waiting for the next round to commence The developers of this game took the most inane activity from run of the mill FPS games, namely chasing each other around with a melee weapon, and turned it into the core focus of this game. The plot is a well-worn one and the graphics rather mediocre. The game is designed with one novelty, that is making you wait as punishment for failure. As if waiting for the next round to commence wasn't punishment enough in a multiplayer FPS. Playing this game long enough to feel justified in taking the developer up on their replacement offer was punishment enough for this reviewer. Expand
  27. MarkM.
    Dec 18, 2007
    I'm the kind of gamer who likes unforgivingly honest reviewers. Popularity of the game not being the top priority. So, here is how I review a game. I haven't played this game for a few months, since I got it. It was a interesting game to try once to play through. Unfortunatly it didn't last very long. The problem is that I was expecting a lot more characters or customizable I'm the kind of gamer who likes unforgivingly honest reviewers. Popularity of the game not being the top priority. So, here is how I review a game. I haven't played this game for a few months, since I got it. It was a interesting game to try once to play through. Unfortunatly it didn't last very long. The problem is that I was expecting a lot more characters or customizable characters to play in singleplayer, and more importantly I had wished the games missions werent so straight foreward. You could too easily figure out what to do, and when games become way to easy, they lose fun fast. Although the eating, drinking, washing, using the bathroom thing was a new idea introduced, I found it very annoying. The reason being that you had to do everything all too often. It was like you were racing to get a mission done before you accidently peed yourself. I mean, if I have to pee, I'll just get up from the computer and go to the bathroom myself. I don't think that should get in the way of my game too. Anyway, even though thats kind of annoying, little things like that make the game a little funny too. But it gets annoying and tired fast. Plus, you'll finish the game, with a sense, of "Wow, that was lame." Good effort on a new idea, but I didnt enjoy it. So, for the effort I at least score it 5. It is a mod based game afterall. Expand
  28. ZachC.
    Oct 17, 2007
    Its a fine game although it has its share of glitches it will get better and thats why i gave it a 8 instead of its deserved 10, but it was a interesting game which is hard to stop playing and if u do stop its because of the glitches, you for some reason become bored, or the spawners and the counterstrike players are running amok killing everything which is annoying unless an admin is on. Its a fine game although it has its share of glitches it will get better and thats why i gave it a 8 instead of its deserved 10, but it was a interesting game which is hard to stop playing and if u do stop its because of the glitches, you for some reason become bored, or the spawners and the counterstrike players are running amok killing everything which is annoying unless an admin is on. But even with the said issues its still an interesting new type of game play and I highlly recemmend it!!! Expand
  29. AntonW.
    Oct 9, 2007
    It migth take some time to get into this game,but when you get used to the rulest and such,this game's simply one of the best ever.It's a very original idea (atleast in my oppinion) and it's a welcome break from the "Kill everything that moves" games.It migth not have great graphics,but the low price and the awesome gameplay truly makes this a game that everyone should try!
  30. JonasH.
    Sep 8, 2007
    This game is rediculous, stupid and with no sense whatsoever - So how can you anything but love it? It's highly addictive and it has hours worth of online gameplay. However, a lot of bugs freezing the game, kind of ruins the experience. It sucks when your 500$ from winning the game, and suddenly: BSOD! But I rate by gameplay experience and not bugs!
  31. Warp
    Sep 1, 2007
    In the advertising it mentions online play as a possibility...it also clearly speaks of single player mode. I was ambushed by the idea that this game can not be played, or even loaded, without connecting to the internet and getting an account. Indeed it appears the game is not even on the disk, as I write, I am suffering thru a download that is taking in excess of an hour. Game companies In the advertising it mentions online play as a possibility...it also clearly speaks of single player mode. I was ambushed by the idea that this game can not be played, or even loaded, without connecting to the internet and getting an account. Indeed it appears the game is not even on the disk, as I write, I am suffering thru a download that is taking in excess of an hour. Game companies do not last long, and so when this company decides to move on to something else, it appears I will have no way to play the game anymore. I've shown the box to others,. and no one who read the box got the idea of the experience that followed.. Indeed, if it did state how the set up process works, few would buy it. The game has an awesome concept, and the game itself is probably good, but the way they have chosen to do business leaves more than a little to be desired. If this game is a download, why oh why did I have to buy a disk in store? Why not sell it exclusively online? I should point out that I do play mmorpg's. Neither of the two I play take over an hour to get started. This is a particularly burdensome system. Expand
  32. Jason
    Aug 26, 2007
    Its a good game but the SP was just a wast of time MP is good going around trying to kill someone while someone is trying to kill you.
  33. DaveW.
    Aug 25, 2007
    You can't help but be amazed at that Outerlight have managed to pull off with The Ship. For such a small truley independant studio, they've crafted one of the most original multiplayer experiences to be had on the PC. This game proves that independant development is where the originality really is in the games industry. The only problem with this game stems from the lack of You can't help but be amazed at that Outerlight have managed to pull off with The Ship. For such a small truley independant studio, they've crafted one of the most original multiplayer experiences to be had on the PC. This game proves that independant development is where the originality really is in the games industry. The only problem with this game stems from the lack of players, but it is understandable. Hopefully Outerlight will be able to bring their next offering to a larger audience and refine the concept to perfection. Expand
  34. VegarL.
    Aug 4, 2007
    I love this game, took a little time to get used to it, but when you first get used to it, then it's addicting! I love hunting, and the teamplay modes are great!
  35. EmmanuelV.
    Aug 2, 2007
    The most annoying game I've ever played.
  36. GeorgeD.
    Jul 30, 2007
    Entertaining but grows boring quickly, gameplay too slow to be gripping.
  37. AndyK.
    Jul 6, 2007
    I think this game is very good but i will have to give it a 1- point for graphics..... Hope the graphics improve on The Ship 2.
  38. AmyW.
    Jun 26, 2007
    I love this game. Keeps me intertained for hours.
  39. JohnS.
    Jun 21, 2007
    Take a little bit to get used to, but its addicting! Fulfilling your needs can get annoying - would be nicer if they cut down on that a bit. Overall it is really a great game!
  40. AdamD.
    Jun 19, 2007
    This is the worst game ever I hated everything! its so stupid! I had to feed myself! What the heck?? Ok thats just stupid Why... WHY but then! I got addicted! And I played for hours... but I hated it, but it was addicting. But all you do is feed yourself. 95% of the game is fulfilling your needs. 5% is doing the 'hunt' which is just lame (I hate it!) But I liked the mystery This is the worst game ever I hated everything! its so stupid! I had to feed myself! What the heck?? Ok thats just stupid Why... WHY but then! I got addicted! And I played for hours... but I hated it, but it was addicting. But all you do is feed yourself. 95% of the game is fulfilling your needs. 5% is doing the 'hunt' which is just lame (I hate it!) But I liked the mystery kinda so it was a great game! I love it! Expand
  41. Bryan
    Jun 1, 2007
    Takes a little getting used to, But when you get a hang of it its extremely fun.
  42. JonC.
    May 28, 2007
    Great original game. Really develops a sense of paranoia.
  43. RyanN.
    May 13, 2007
    The Ship is a wonderful game that I find to be very funny. I like all of the environments but, the concept of fufilling your needs is a bit stupid, but it makes sense.
  44. AngieD.
    Apr 29, 2007
    The Ship is an addicting game that will have you biting your nails in anxiety.
  45. ZackM.
    Apr 17, 2007
    This is the most original game I have ever had the pleasure of partaking in. A very Agatha Christe/Poirot like game. The best multiplayer game of '06!
  46. M.Hales
    Apr 13, 2007
    Always wanted to be a narcoleptic, incontinent, obsessive-compulsive, binge-eating hit man? Then this is the game for you. But seriously, who wants to be that? No one ever made a movie about a hit-man who can't get from one end of a cruise ship to the other without having to eat, drink, crap, wash his hands, read a magazine, dance, and sleep. Why not? Because no one would watch that Always wanted to be a narcoleptic, incontinent, obsessive-compulsive, binge-eating hit man? Then this is the game for you. But seriously, who wants to be that? No one ever made a movie about a hit-man who can't get from one end of a cruise ship to the other without having to eat, drink, crap, wash his hands, read a magazine, dance, and sleep. Why not? Because no one would watch that movie. That movie would suck. I mean it - you actually have to do all of those things or end up dead, and you have to do them frequently or you will parish. Really, Mommy? If I don't wash my digital hands after taking a digital dump, I'll die? They all have their own prompts going off at different times - it's like stalking prey while strapped with ten pagers going off constantly. The thought behind the needs system is that it keeps the game moving by forcing players to move around the boat - but that's where the game designers misjudged. There is a big difference between keeping the players moving and keeping the gameplay moving. I found that actual gameplay ended up taking a distant back seat to the interminable "feeding of the beast" required of the needs system, and that's a shame, because I really enjoyed just about every other aspect of this game - especially the environment and atmosphere design. Expand
  47. QuintP.
    Apr 7, 2007
    This Game Is Fantastic Cool, nice Graphics and cool weapons.
  48. EricW.
    Mar 13, 2007
    This is one of the most ingeniously designed and well thought out games of all time.
  49. SchluBM.
    Mar 3, 2007
    At first the game was fairly interesting, trying out new outfits and finding new weapons, but after only a couple of hours I was bored. It was mostly easy to avoid being killed, but annoying when you were, as you lost all your gear and had to trudge (slowly) around trying to pick it all up again - It's not fun when you cant find a weapon in time! Having to eat/drink/use the loo/sleep At first the game was fairly interesting, trying out new outfits and finding new weapons, but after only a couple of hours I was bored. It was mostly easy to avoid being killed, but annoying when you were, as you lost all your gear and had to trudge (slowly) around trying to pick it all up again - It's not fun when you cant find a weapon in time! Having to eat/drink/use the loo/sleep did add a bit of tension as you are more vulnerable to being killed. I think it is an original idea, with a nice atmosphere, but it needs more depth than kill/be killed. If you like repetitive deathmatch games then you'll probably like it. Expand
  50. JHunter
    Feb 14, 2007
    Toggling between items in inventory and weapons was a little cumbersome. My mark would sometimes walk away from me while I was trying to figure out how to get my gun out of my pocket!
  51. ToddB.
    Feb 11, 2007
    One of the worst games ever. It has nice graphics and I guess and somewhat original idea but its boring and overly simple. There is no climax you just walk around a ship and slowly kill people, it takes no skill. I'd rather play Super Mario.
  52. JordanB.
    Feb 11, 2007
    I was awed at its simplicity but its perfect execution. One of my favorite games I've played. Definitely worth the 15 dollars.
  53. MutantChikin
    Feb 10, 2007
    This Game is nothing less than amazing. It never gets old...you could play it all day and never get sick of it! Its a Great Game!
  54. BorisG.
    Feb 9, 2007
    Very nice game, great gameplay who lets you becoming parano. I just think that the game is too heavy, and graphics are a bit poor.
  55. Dan
    Feb 3, 2007
    A great game, especially for the price, I just wish they added more ships/maps.
  56. ConspiracyTheorist
    Feb 1, 2007
    Great game.
  57. PeterG.
    Jan 22, 2007
    This game didn't work out. After playing a few times it becomes completely stupid; it's too simple, too boring and has barely any challenge. Nice try anyways.
  58. AnthonyM.
    Jan 12, 2007
    A Highly original game. One of the most unique concepts around to date.
  59. BorisM.
    Jan 5, 2007
    Suprisingly enjoyable once I got used to the gameplay style, one of the better mods out there. Downsides are the difficulty for new players to get "into" the game and very limited map choices.
  60. JoeBlow
    Dec 31, 2006
    Great concept, and the art in the game is very nice. Lots of richly detailed maps, and great amount of weapons. However, Source's terrible melee hit detection really makes the game frustrating at times, and sometimes the camera zones can be very glitchy. The good outweighs the bad, though. Tons of ways to dispatch your quarry, and all of them are uniquely satisfying. Hunt and Great concept, and the art in the game is very nice. Lots of richly detailed maps, and great amount of weapons. However, Source's terrible melee hit detection really makes the game frustrating at times, and sometimes the camera zones can be very glitchy. The good outweighs the bad, though. Tons of ways to dispatch your quarry, and all of them are uniquely satisfying. Hunt and Elimination mode can both be very tense, and sometimes you can get very paranoid about who may be your hunter, killing random innocents out of excess paranoia. I'm surprised the game can create such tension. It's too bad not very many people are playing, however. Hopefully the retail release will bring in more players. Expand
  61. Concept
    Dec 29, 2006
    I remember playing this game in real life (minus the actual killing, of course) back in junior high and college. You are given the name of someone you have to find and "tag", while knowing that someone else has your name. The Ship is a computerized online version of it, and I got into it quite easily. This is much slower paced than games like Counterstrike, but is appealing to those who I remember playing this game in real life (minus the actual killing, of course) back in junior high and college. You are given the name of someone you have to find and "tag", while knowing that someone else has your name. The Ship is a computerized online version of it, and I got into it quite easily. This is much slower paced than games like Counterstrike, but is appealing to those who enjoy the hunt as much as the kill. The needs system does a good job of forcing people to get out around the ship (i.e. have to eat, sleep, use the facilities) to discourage prolonged camping/hiding. The main trick is to find a server with the right balance of people and map type -- you don't want to spend the entire round looking (and not finding) your mark because the ship is too large, but you also don't want to spend it dodging people because the ship is too small. Some more set up options would be nice, too, like maybe running endurance (or tweaking the walking speed, especially for larger ship maps), weapon spawn times, etc. All in all, though, I've found I can easily spend a couple of hours at a time online when I play. Expand
  62. LanceY.
    Dec 23, 2006
    I enjoy the game a lot. If fast paced action is your preference you may not like the Ship so much but that's why there are many different kinds of games out there for everyone's different opinions. Outerlight went out on a limb and made a whole new type of game which is brave when it's a lot easier to say "well people like fast-paced shooting games so we'll make one of I enjoy the game a lot. If fast paced action is your preference you may not like the Ship so much but that's why there are many different kinds of games out there for everyone's different opinions. Outerlight went out on a limb and made a whole new type of game which is brave when it's a lot easier to say "well people like fast-paced shooting games so we'll make one of those". All I can say is that I find it really fun and people should try it for free right now to at least see if they like it. Expand
  63. KaseyM.
    Dec 22, 2006
    First, to Dale U., most people who rated at least a positive score played the first free weekend back around september. I did myself, and found the game to be very fun and innovative. Now on to the real review. This game works well with the needs system like the sims, and the objective of hunt or be hunted. However, there are some things the developers could have done to make this game First, to Dale U., most people who rated at least a positive score played the first free weekend back around september. I did myself, and found the game to be very fun and innovative. Now on to the real review. This game works well with the needs system like the sims, and the objective of hunt or be hunted. However, there are some things the developers could have done to make this game better. For example, they could have added an option to either eliminate needs on busy servers or make them increase at a very slow pace. (much slower than easy) Also, on some maps, weapon respawn could and should be much faster. (I often found myself struggling to find a weapon on certain maps because they respawned like once every 7 minutes or so.) However, despite these two minor flaws, this game is very fun and i highly recommend many people try it, especially with a free weekend coming up again in just a few hours! Expand
  64. DaleU.
    Dec 1, 2006
    I'm thinking the positive reviews are from people that have either not played the game or are simply paid to be positive. The game is just complete crap and is far from what I would call a commercial game.
  65. Jack
    Nov 22, 2006
    Loved the gameplay, very fun, nice hidden areas also, good weapons and nice gameplay.
  66. MarcB.
    Nov 21, 2006
    Heyyo, Awesome game. The needs system gives you better odds at getting your opponents, but must also watch your own needs and be careful to plan to relieve your needs without risk of dying yourself.. people who give it a low rating don't understand the complexity behind it. But hey, not every game's for everyone.
  67. JackB.
    Nov 19, 2006
    I like the game so much... and there are more and more people online... so its really worth playing. Its really fun 10 out of 10.
  68. NikolayP.
    Nov 19, 2006
    It's a greatest game of the year! I can play in it all day! 10! Best regards from Russia!
  69. Tyler
    Nov 18, 2006
    This is simply not getting all the reviews it deserves. They just came out with a patch which added so many cool mew features, but even without the new patch I would have given this a 10. The most original FPS ever, with HUGE potential. Very underrated, but hopefully soon the player numbers will rise with this being released in more countries soon.
  70. BobJ.
    Nov 14, 2006
    I love this game!
  71. DeathLord
    Nov 12, 2006
    Game concept is good. Not a straight out kill all version. However the game play is shocking. Laggy, graphics are poor and delay in key commands. Very disappointing.
  72. JoeS.
    Nov 9, 2006
    I've had so much fun with this game. All the secrets and the well-timed strategy make it a joy to play. Some of my friends have bought it and more are buying it each day. It's a great diversion from the run-of-the-mill FPS out there.
  73. WillS.
    Nov 8, 2006
    Love this game, totally original and thoughtfully made. Don't be discouraged by the low numbers, well worth the $20!
  74. TomF.
    Nov 7, 2006
    Great game, great concept, and the execution keeps getting better. Big thanks to a great and dedicated development team.
  75. JeradL.
    Nov 6, 2006
    This is one of the most online addicting shooters I have ever played, next to Battlefield 2. The gameplay is completely original and whoever thought of the concept is a genious! The weapon variety is excellent and the gameplay is exciting and suspenseful at the same time. Stalk you later!
  76. MarcW.
    Nov 6, 2006
    Having tried out The Ship on the free weekend, I felt compelled to buy it after just one night of play. Yes, it's harder to learn the rules and gameplay than, say, Counterstrike or Halflife 2 Deathmatch, but once learned the game is incredibly enjoyable and addictive. And at $20, it's one of the best game values out there right now. The basic premise is the same as a high-school Having tried out The Ship on the free weekend, I felt compelled to buy it after just one night of play. Yes, it's harder to learn the rules and gameplay than, say, Counterstrike or Halflife 2 Deathmatch, but once learned the game is incredibly enjoyable and addictive. And at $20, it's one of the best game values out there right now. The basic premise is the same as a high-school game I used to play called "Assassin" where you receive the name of an individual you must "kill" (in high school this was achieved using waterguns, foam dart guns, and the like). The catch is they're out there trying to find someone to kill as well, so all of you are moving around on the "Ship" in a giant cat-and-mouse game, where you're both the cat and the mouse at the same time. The game has a diverse array of weaponry, and certain weapons garner more money for using them to achieve a kill. This ensures that players won't always be using the harder-to-find guns or claymores, and I often find myself using candlesticks, manakin arms, shovels, and the like to kill people just to boost my money-per-kill. While you hunt your "Quarry," you must be vigiliant not to be caught on security camera, by well-positioned security guards, or by too many witnesses. If you do, you'll be sent to jail for a short time and your weaponry confiscated. The great thing about this game is the layers of play. The basic element of find weapon, hunt, kill, avoid being killed is supplemented by more subtle elements as you become more familiar with the game, such as secret passages, paying the guards off for information about your quarry or to "look the other way" while you do the dastardly deed, finding murder holes, and so forth. Additionally, when playing with a friend or two, you can help each other in a collaborative effort to locate quarry. And of course to betray one another if your friends happen to BE your quarry. Finally, the Film Noir atmosphere is just perfect for this game. The background music from radios, the costumes, and the weapons are all just perfect. The atmosphere contributes a lot to the aesthetic enjoyment of the game, although many users might not consciously notice the subtly pleasing effect it has. The one complaint I have at this point is that some of the maps are just too darned big to be on servers that have a maximum number of 10 or 12 or even 16 players. So server admins should take care to take this into account. And as you learn the maps, they become easier and quicker to navigate as well. Some might complain about the bots on some servers, but unlike Counterstrike bots, I don't mind them at all: they provide great distractions, and can't really drag the game out, so no negatives for them. All in all just a great game that I look forward to playing every night. If you enjoyed the game on the free weekend, like I did, I suggest you buy it and come play. It provides a refreshing break from Counterstrike for me. Expand
  77. RogerH.
    Nov 6, 2006
    Really cool and funny game. Some sorf of hitman but 200% more fun. Nice great game, try it !
  78. Makrocow
    Nov 6, 2006
    It was fun to play few hours. but the prize is too much for the game like this. I would buy it if it would be near 10$. Idea is not new but first time I see it in computer game. Planed Murder is always fun.
  79. Carstairs
    Nov 6, 2006
    I don't think I've ever played an fps game that has been such fun within a short space of time. The graphics suit the game and are quite nice to boot, the ship layouts logical and it doesnt take long, and theres nothing more fun than tracking your quarry all round the ship before stabbing them to death with a knitting needle.
  80. LoriF.
    Nov 5, 2006
    This game is so unique and really a ton of fun. I just spent 4 days straight playing the game.... something I haven't done since I was in my early 20s. Now my house work isn't getting done.
  81. AnthonyP.
    Nov 5, 2006
    Great game, some minor flaws, but really innovative.
  82. SteveG.
    Nov 5, 2006
    The Ship is something new and intense. Its the kind of game anyone can play and enjoy. Maps are great. Weapons are awesome too. Needle is wikid!
  83. MatthewK.
    Nov 5, 2006
    An extremely innovative game with some very memorable moments. The need system provides perfect openings to kill your quarry, and numerous times I've had the good fortune to kill my quarry while they were asleep or on the can. "The Ship" is a very strategic and overall enjoyable game. Definently worth the 20 dollars.
  84. VincentV.
    Nov 5, 2006
    The game shows fun in certain ways but lacks a lot of dynamics and difficulties that make it easy to perform your actions... Guards are always on the same places (they don't perform survaillances around the ship) in fact most of the ship's crew is always on the same spot and not wandering around. The ship lacks dynamic objects that can be used as weapons (things that can be The game shows fun in certain ways but lacks a lot of dynamics and difficulties that make it easy to perform your actions... Guards are always on the same places (they don't perform survaillances around the ship) in fact most of the ship's crew is always on the same spot and not wandering around. The ship lacks dynamic objects that can be used as weapons (things that can be pulled off or picked up without specifically having to open a drawer or cupboard). Certain aspects make the game a little bit more fun (like using the bomb wallet to make it explode in someone's face) or drug someone with injections, a lot more of this kind of features would make the game interesting to play. All with all, you get bored after one hour of playing with the current setup of the game, even the different role-modes of the game get bored pretty quickly. Expand
  85. FrederikMeringen
    Nov 4, 2006
    great game
  86. CarlJ.
    Nov 3, 2006
    I would just like to say everything about this game is good it is unique the graphics are amazing gameplay is very exiting you can never get bored, the only reason people are giving bad votes on it is becouse they play the game just to constantly kill with no purpose if all you like to do is run around like a complete moron and just kill pixels then go and play runescape and run in the I would just like to say everything about this game is good it is unique the graphics are amazing gameplay is very exiting you can never get bored, the only reason people are giving bad votes on it is becouse they play the game just to constantly kill with no purpose if all you like to do is run around like a complete moron and just kill pixels then go and play runescape and run in the wilderness if you like a game with a purpose then this is the game for you! Expand
  87. Mike
    Nov 3, 2006
    Great game. I know for a fact that a few of the bad reviews are coming from ex-eployees of Outerlight, the developing company. They appearently have a grudge against Outerlight now and are trying to ruin them by writing bad reviews. I'm not saying that every bad review are dishonest reviews from ex-employees, but I do know that a few of the reviews are. Here's to clear things Great game. I know for a fact that a few of the bad reviews are coming from ex-eployees of Outerlight, the developing company. They appearently have a grudge against Outerlight now and are trying to ruin them by writing bad reviews. I'm not saying that every bad review are dishonest reviews from ex-employees, but I do know that a few of the reviews are. Here's to clear things up: when people say that the gameplay is bad, they are either lying or only played the game for a couple minutes. The gameplay goes a bit like this: you are assigned another person on the server to kill where you are out of view of security and witnesses. You also have to wtach out for someone else trying to hunt you. You don't start out with weapons, so you must look around the map to find some good weapons. In order to stop people from using the same powerful weaopn over and over, they have MFK (money for kill). MFK is the amount of money you get when you kill your quarry (victim) with the weapon. The more a weapon is used, the less it's MFK is. And the less a weapon is used, the more it's MFK is. You also have to take care of all your basic needs, such as, eating sleeping going to the bathroom, etc, etc..... There is of course a lot more to the game but those are the basics. Obviously someone who calls the gameplay bad, is like I said, either a liar, or barely gave the game a chance. And about the small amount of players.....if people made more honest reviews, or gave the game a chance before they write a review, maybe there would be a lot more players. I know, I didn't like The Ship at first, but after a while I began to love it and now I'm addicted. Just give it a chance, guys. The Ship offers the most original gameplay I have seen in a FPS in a very long time (maybe ever??). Therefore, it earns a 10 from me. I hope my review might have changed a few people's minds. Expand
  88. AshleyW.
    Nov 3, 2006
    Graphics not very good. Game play ok but objective is to assassinate the person you are assigned to. Other players can kill whomever they want and do so. Makes objectives useless.
  89. StephenC.
    Nov 3, 2006
    Not the best game out there today but very good for its 1st time - the cartoon graphics give it a good game to play if your into the adventurous type of gaming like "world of warcraft" did. can i just say to the others who rated this badly i can say most of you said there werent enough people online - surely everyone doesnt comment on this and the people who have altogether theres more Not the best game out there today but very good for its 1st time - the cartoon graphics give it a good game to play if your into the adventurous type of gaming like "world of warcraft" did. can i just say to the others who rated this badly i can say most of you said there werent enough people online - surely everyone doesnt comment on this and the people who have altogether theres more than 20 of you so thats good enough like a counterstrike server - I think most of you followed the others so rumour led to rumour. stop following other people and speak the truth as the game makers are reading these comments and dont take likely to liers. But enough of that, truly great game i recommend it for htman style and sims style players if you enjoy the thrill and hunt and virtual world of your own character like world of warcraft in graphics and adventure but without the eating drinking and sleeping to keep yourself alive - this is what makes the game realistic which is good for a game - different from counterstrike as not everything in that is realistic like you dont have breath like Battlefields 2 so you can keep running forever. the ship is a great game well worth its money, go buy it now and join the sensation Expand
  90. JackPayne
    Nov 2, 2006
    I think when they made this game they put it in the stupid mold and threw in some extra dumb juice! I thought the idea was kind of neet, but I got bored with in five minutes. I played the free trial version on Steam. Even for a demo, I was disappointed. I wouldn't reccommend this game.
  91. Danny
    Nov 1, 2006
    Generaly FPS don't tend to be orignal but The Ship is a breath of fresh salty sea air that a rather stale gender needs. It's not just mindless blasting of your foes, you really have to take you time and choose you moment in this kill or be killed stalk fest. A wonderfuly orignal concept that put's a lot of high budget efforts to shame, top stuff!
  92. GabrielH.
    Nov 1, 2006
    It's about time that someone stopped remaking everything we've already had and brought a new, intuitive, entertaining and addictive game to the table.
  93. AbbB.
    Oct 31, 2006
    Love this game, totally original and thoughtfully made. Don't be discouraged by the low numbers, its a complete myth!
  94. MichaelClarkson
    Oct 31, 2006
    Just the best game ever. The maps, the community, the gameplay, everything. (It sdid have some bugs in the start, that kinda ruined the gameplay. But that was sorted quickly.)

Just a lovable, fully addictive game. :)

BE SURE TO PICK IT UP ONCE IT COMES TO A STORE NEAR YOU! :D
  95. RobertS.
    Oct 31, 2006
    A truly uninspiring game experience. The lack of players makes this a non even in multiplayer. I was kicked from a server and had to wait 1 hour before I could get back in. Go spend your dosh on something that is better then this.
  96. ChronoG.
    Oct 31, 2006
    This is a great game. It masterfully blends existing concepts into a unique game. The game quickly becomes addicting through the thrill of hunting down your quarry. The graphics intentionally have a cartoon like feel to complement the light-hearted atmosphere of its murderess intent. As for the bugs, most of them have already been addressed.
  97. WilliamN.
    Oct 30, 2006
    I would recommend this game to anyone who doesn't simply go for the mindless run and gun games, but would rather play for the satisfaction of a truly unforgettable murder using stealth and accuracy. I give this game a 10, as it is my favorite game at the moment.
  98. ShirleyT.
    Oct 30, 2006
    Addicting and original. If you haven't played this game yet, you're missing out greatly.
  99. jg
    Oct 30, 2006
    For purchase price, it's a great game. Different from anything out on the market -- but it isn't the sort of thing twitcher will like. I can't sit and play for 8 hours straight, but if there are folks on the servers, it is always good for a 2 hour session.
  100. PaulL
    Oct 30, 2006
    Appearently there are people here who must have a gridge against the developers for some reason because the things they are saying are mostly untrue. Let's take Seti Alpha 6. He says the game is missing any form of gameplay whatsoever. Let's compare The Ship's gameplay to most other FPS's. You are assigned someone else to kill on the map with no security watching, andAppearently there are people here who must have a gridge against the developers for some reason because the things they are saying are mostly untrue. Let's take Seti Alpha 6. He says the game is missing any form of gameplay whatsoever. Let's compare The Ship's gameplay to most other FPS's. You are assigned someone else to kill on the map with no security watching, and with not too many witnesses or you will go to jail. You must take care of your needs (eating, sleeping, etc...) or you will suffer the consequence which is usually death. You have to find all the weapons from the beginning, and some weapons are worth more money to kill with than others. When you will with a weapon, it's MFK (money for kill) will go down, whereas if you don't use a weapon very much, it will have higher MFK. That isn't it all, but that's basically the jist of it. Let's compare it to other FPS's such as Halo or Counter-Strike: Kill everyone that isn't on your team, get the most powerful weapon, complete and objective occasionally such as rescuing hostages or capturing the flag. Wow, Seti Alpha 6 must really really hate the developers, or only played the game for two minutes to say something like that. I will admitt that the graphics aren't amazing, but they are certainly not boxes with ugly textures and lighting. Appearently this guy has an axe to grind, so just don't listen to his review. Another person complained about the story mode being too short and not enough people playing, but first of all, it was only intended to be multiplayer....singleplayer is only an add-on. It's not supposed to be long. As for there not being enough people, well it's about to be released in many more countries on retail within the next couple months, so that should help, plus the developers are soon going to start advertising it in some way. It would also help if people like Seti Alpha 6, and many many others, would just not make reviews if they can't make honest ones. I'd normally give this an 8 or 9, but I'm gonna try to boost this game's score a little bit. Expand
  101. Aug 30, 2012

1. The Ship is a fresh and different slant on multiplayer death-matching; one not dependant on speed of reflexes and advanced techniques. It’s fun and innovative – something that some of the big name games dominating the charts seem to forget about every so often.
  2. While it may not be the refined, leisurely paced kill-'em-up many eager landlubbers might have signed up for, The Ship does quickly prove itself a subtly addictive, relentless nail biter that will only get better as those already aboard learn to rule the bloody waves. Notch this one up as another killer for Steam.
  3. The Ship's mixture of intrigue, subtlety, and cunning makes it the perfect recipe for gamers bored with same-old same-old multiplayer shooters, but it does tend to show its indie roots a little too clearly here and there.