8.7

1. Feb 19, 2013
    This has to be one of the best stories in a game that I've ever played. While the characters are very average, they are just regular every day people, the interaction you have with them creates an attachment, and emotional bond that you can't have with film or books. This is the first game that has had me tear up during its saddest moment. So because of that alone, this has to be theThis has to be one of the best stories in a game that I've ever played. While the characters are very average, they are just regular every day people, the interaction you have with them creates an attachment, and emotional bond that you can't have with film or books. This is the first game that has had me tear up during its saddest moment. So because of that alone, this has to be the best, most immersing story I've ever experienced in a game. This is definitely worth playing. Expand
  2. Jan 4, 2013
    I have been playing computer and video games for the last 25+ years. In all that time, I have never once had a game illicit a serious emotional response, but this game did thrice: anger when I found what a stranger had done, frustration when I found someone in our party had lied, and regret when I realized I had to let a friend down. And this is the spoiler-free version of the review.I have been playing computer and video games for the last 25+ years. In all that time, I have never once had a game illicit a serious emotional response, but this game did thrice: anger when I found what a stranger had done, frustration when I found someone in our party had lied, and regret when I realized I had to let a friend down. And this is the spoiler-free version of the review. After playing this game, you'll no longer wonder why Hollywood is losing out to the video games industry. These are stories *worth* telling. Expand
  3. Feb 1, 2013
    This is the best game I've ever played.
    This is the best game I've ever played.
    The game has a nice comic style, even if it sometimes looks a bit weird. The gameplay is not really outstanding, but this game does not need it, if you can call it ''game''. It's more of a historical narrative with quick-time events. And this story makes the game so great. The story, which is constructed in a structure in 5 episodes, is told so incredible. I believe that this experience I will not soon forget.
  4. Dec 19, 2012
    Well, my entry into metacritic was a 0 score for a lousy game, so I figured I better balance this with another honest assessment of how a game is done right. The Walking Dead is an absolute pleasure for the zombie enthusiast who also has some degree of maturity and intellect. What impressed me most of this game was its ability to, perhaps very unintentionally, teach the audience trulyWell, my entry into metacritic was a 0 score for a lousy game, so I figured I better balance this with another honest assessment of how a game is done right. The Walking Dead is an absolute pleasure for the zombie enthusiast who also has some degree of maturity and intellect. What impressed me most of this game was its ability to, perhaps very unintentionally, teach the audience truly the consequences of our actions in this game and in real life AND the importance of simply being nice to everyone as best as you can. If you are truly paying attention, you can walk away from this game with these two lessons and be a better person in real life from playing this game.

In regards to the graphics: great style, nothing was a turn off in this vein- although it did remind me some of borderlands without steroid muscles in terms of art. Bugs: yes this game has them and some wonky camera angles sometimes that throws you off here and there- but this I believe was made by a smaller design team and although it has that unpolished indie feel to it, it also has that great feeling of, 'we love our product that we worked very hard on,' feel too.

The story: well, it has been a LONG time since I had the pleasure of a video game that does something right in terms of a story: a bizarre conflict where we test the characters and see how they would all respond in the worst and best of times. There is however no illusion that you the gamer are on a roller coaster ride and it becomes very clear that you are NOT in the driver's side, you are a passenger the whole way through to the horrible conclusion.

This fatalistic outlook is key to this game, as it gives you the dread and somber morose feeling necessary for such a- piece of art in video game form.

My only beef would be- episode 2 was way too predictable- pun intended...

here is a little example of how badly things can go:
  5. Dec 11, 2012
    Video games are art, or are they? This is a question that has been floating around the industry for years but has never truly been taken serious until this generation of gaming. In many ways it really comes down to how grounded your opinion of art is. Is art free form to you? Is it something that can only be achieved via deep principals, or is it simply anything and everything that isVideo games are art, or are they? This is a question that has been floating around the industry for years but has never truly been taken serious until this generation of gaming. In many ways it really comes down to how grounded your opinion of art is. Is art free form to you? Is it something that can only be achieved via deep principals, or is it simply anything and everything that is created as a form of expression? While I am not going to further this argument with this review, I will say this. If video games have the ability to be art simply through story telling and tapping at the spine of our emotions then Telltale Expand
  6. Dec 20, 2012
    As long as you are the sort of person intelligent enough to realize that First and third person action games are not the only form of video game, this will become your favorite game of all time. Perhaps best described as an interactive story, Telltale's The Walking Dead became the masterpiece of a story so many of us know it for because its ability to make you feel empathy for itsAs long as you are the sort of person intelligent enough to realize that First and third person action games are not the only form of video game, this will become your favorite game of all time. Perhaps best described as an interactive story, Telltale's The Walking Dead became the masterpiece of a story so many of us know it for because its ability to make you feel empathy for its characters. Every character of the Walking Dead feels and responds like a real person. When a character dies, as they often will, you feel like **** Every death in that game is a terrible thing that will tear at your soul. Why play it then? For Clementine. For that one last precious thing you're fighting for. You play as Lee Everett, and once upon a time, you killed a man. The apocalypse seems almost too good to be true, at first - a second chance to for yourself. But as the story progresses it becomes more and more obvious that what's important isn't fighting for your own survival, but fighting for the survival of the people you come to care about so deeply as the story progresses. Expand
  7. Jul 16, 2013
    this is simply one of the greatest games I have ever played. Telltale proves why it is the king of adventure games
    pros: Clem and Lee
    -Clem in general -some of the most memorable characters ever -you will cry at parts -very strong emotional impact (i could not play for a week over the guilt of the death of a character) -the ending is amazing -interesting and realistic puzzles and
    pros: Clem and Lee
    -Clem in general
    -some of the most memorable characters ever
    -you will cry at parts
    -the ending is amazing
    -interesting and realistic puzzles and choices
    - a choice in episode 2 will matter for the rest of the game
    - true to the show and comic it is based on
    -figuring out which characters will be friends and which will be enemies (friend for me=Kenny enemy for me=Lily and Larry)
    cons
    -the ending while beautiful made me question "what was the point of this story"
    -puzzles
    -some choices don't really affect anything
    this game rises above its flaws and deserves twice as much of the praise it has gotten which is quite alot
  8. Jul 17, 2013
    There is only one Series that's having a better Story: Bioshock. And then comes The Walking Dead by Telltale Games. Im absolutely in love with this game. The story is sad, amazing, awesome, funny, etc... at the same time!
    The characters are absolute convincing and Clem is the best kid i've ever seen in a movie/game. Shes so cute and after several time you feel like her dad (i know its kinda weird...)
    Also the soundtrack is AWESOME, it brings in the perfect atmosphere.
    This game made me close crying sometimes
    10 out of 10 an absolutely amazing game, who dont plays it misses something big!
  9. Jul 11, 2013
    The border between film and video game becomes blurry, and the result is a unique interactive experience. This is a game about the choices that define who you are, and how the story adapts to those choices.
  10. Jun 12, 2013
    The graphics, storytelling, scriptwriting, voice acting and characters in this game are amazing!

You can relate to the characters and their personalities do grow throughout the story. The moral choices you have to make really influence your further interactions with you fellow survivors and to some degree how the story evolves. Every action has a reaction and some moral choices are key to how the story goes on. Every scene, every gesture on the characters face, every interaction between Lee (your character) and the other survivors is meaningful and properly written. True storytelling in games redefined.
  11. Jul 26, 2013
    A brilliant game, thrilling captivating story, emotionally engaging characters. The game plays like an interactive movie, the gameplay is not very ambitious, the replay value may be next to nonexistant but the writing makes the experience truly worthwhile.
  12. Oct 6, 2013
    I'm not a big fan of zombie games but the story and the impact you can have on the story is that good it kept enticing me to come back for more. I can't wait to see what more is in store for the second season of The Walking Dead.
  13. Mar 12, 2013
    This is an all-around excellent game. The story and characters feel like they adapt to your decisions to create a very engaging experience. The "action" sequences are sparsely placed, but you never know what's around the corner. As a result, I felt more tension with this game than I ever did in Skyrim, which perfectly recreates the atmosphere of the Walking Dead. If you appreciateThis is an all-around excellent game. The story and characters feel like they adapt to your decisions to create a very engaging experience. The "action" sequences are sparsely placed, but you never know what's around the corner. As a result, I felt more tension with this game than I ever did in Skyrim, which perfectly recreates the atmosphere of the Walking Dead. If you appreciate narrative and have an attention span of at least 10 minutes you will probably love this game. If you're looking for a game with action or number crunching you might not enjoy this, but it's still worthwhile to broaden your horizons once in a while. Expand
  14. Jun 29, 2016
    Great game,great story! If you played this I'm sure you can't say that it's a bad game. You have hard decisions to take but in the end you will see the face of every character you met. The game follows the evolution of a little girl found and raised by someone who helps it untill death. Also both seasons follows in main among others the evolution of Clementine(main character) from a littleGreat game,great story! If you played this I'm sure you can't say that it's a bad game. You have hard decisions to take but in the end you will see the face of every character you met. The game follows the evolution of a little girl found and raised by someone who helps it untill death. Also both seasons follows in main among others the evolution of Clementine(main character) from a little helpless girl to a real survivor, all settled in an apocalyptic zombie world. By the way I think the game could make a little psychological profile of yours using the decisions taken in some circumstances. (10/10 for me) Expand
  15. Dec 27, 2013
    This is one of the greatest feats in storytelling in the video game medium. You emotionally connect with main characters Lee and Clementine and your choices always feel like they matter. Point and click games may turn people off but I implore anyone who enjoys a good story to give The Walking Dead a chance. Its probably the only game that has ever got me close to crying at the end.
  16. Jun 24, 2014
    Great story, realistic characters and excellent voice acting make this one of the best games I ever played. It might be more accurate to call this an interactive story than an adventure game though. So if you're looking for tough puzzles or gameplay, this is not the game for you. The game is easy enough that anybody can finish it without giving it much thought but despite that, it isGreat story, realistic characters and excellent voice acting make this one of the best games I ever played. It might be more accurate to call this an interactive story than an adventure game though. So if you're looking for tough puzzles or gameplay, this is not the game for you. The game is easy enough that anybody can finish it without giving it much thought but despite that, it is pretty immersive and emotional. You WILL get attached to certain characters and panic when they are in danger. When something bad happens to someone you like, you will keep wondering whether you could have done anything differently to save them. This is a must-buy if you enjoy good storytelling and I hope developers make more games like this. Expand
  17. Nov 9, 2016
    This is a great game and a turning point in how interactive fiction is made now.

Two most important things that made it so good are: - relation between two main characters, Lee and Clementine, an adult taking care of a child, feeling responsibility for someone, gives great framework for emotional engagement - something rather hard for me to get in computer game - game made really bold

Two most important things that made it so good are:
    - game made really bold step to depart from gameplay being a hindrance to the story. You see, in most games, gameplay (being fight in rpg and inventory puzzles in adventure games) is something that slows your progress through the story. This somewhat masks the fact that most stories are written very poorly (even in games critically acclaimed as having Great Writing - Mass Effect, Pillars of Eternity). When mixed with some shooting or spellcasting it makes an "ok" experience. Walking Dead has a good (not great) story that is not watered down by "do some repetitive boring stuff in order to get another part as a reward". Result is well above average.

There are probably better games in similar spirit now (Life is Strange) but still this one is well worth your time. Enjoyed it a lot even though I hate TV series.
  18. Nov 28, 2015
    Telltale's first installment for Robert Kirkman's famous comic perfectly pulled it off and flawlessly set the foundation for TTG's own The Walking Dead Universe. A game worthy of being one of 2012's Game of The Year, it just leaves you collecting different emotions, mostly negative emotions because you can really feel the pressure of the story on your character, Lee Everett.
  19. Feb 28, 2016
    This is my favourite game ever. It has the most emotional and fantastic story in any game to date. You will be blown away by the choices you make and how devastating they can be. If you are a PC gamer then this is truly the game to get.
  20. Mar 27, 2016
    This game brings one of the greatest story on games. It makes you to play it until you finish it, and emotions are a huge part of it. Some moments that you have to decide a very tough choice, some that you laugh, and some you cry. For story games lovers, is one of the best choices. I loved every part of it.
  21. Jun 14, 2016
    Great game. the story is very great, its not another survival game while you just killing zombie to surivive, but its more focused on the people itself, not the zombie . and just like a real life when you are in that situation u wil feel emotion, frustation, panic, traitor, is a part of the group story.
    the graphic is great, its very artistic. in the end this is the best zombie survival game i ever played
  22. Jan 5, 2013
    This is the best story based game ever released.Definitely GOTY 2012 for me.I haven't had so much fun and i felt like i was really ''living'' in that world.Everything you do have consequences later.
  23. Dec 24, 2012
    I am truly flabbergasted. lost for words. this game is everything that I've wanted for the longest time..I cant tell you for how long I've crazed an intellectually stimulating horror/mystery game that taps into the darkest corners of human nature...this game is beautifully done..there are times when you literally want to just pause and appreciate for just a moment longer how beautiful theI am truly flabbergasted. lost for words. this game is everything that I've wanted for the longest time..I cant tell you for how long I've crazed an intellectually stimulating horror/mystery game that taps into the darkest corners of human nature...this game is beautifully done..there are times when you literally want to just pause and appreciate for just a moment longer how beautiful the art styles are...the lighting director did a fantastic job at creating dramatic effect...

this game is NOT superficially dramatic...i cant emphasis it enough there are very few things in life that are able to make you truly feel empathy..to truly suspend reality and become thoroughly engrossed in a story line is something that is getting harder and harder to do...this game is able to do that and so much more..

please for the sake of expanding your own intellectual horizons BUY THIS GAME.

24. Apr 24, 2013
    Stop reading reviews on metacritic, get Telltale's The Walking Dead and get ready for a truly unique, enthralling and incredibly immersive experience (of the extent the gaming industry hasn't seen in many a year)!
  25. Feb 24, 2013
    By 2012/2013 standards The Walking Dead game should suck. Graphics are stylized yet low res and clunky, music may be good and atmospheric but sounds are so generic that they don't stick out and are average at best. And mostly and above all the game is old-school point-and-click like adventure divided into series of 5 episodes. All in all it's a recipe for a huge failure. This is how itBy 2012/2013 standards The Walking Dead game should suck. Graphics are stylized yet low res and clunky, music may be good and atmospheric but sounds are so generic that they don't stick out and are average at best. And mostly and above all the game is old-school point-and-click like adventure divided into series of 5 episodes. All in all it's a recipe for a huge failure. This is how it looks like in theory at least.

The truth is The Walking Dead deserves a solid 10/10 and was the gem of gaming in 2012 for me. I've mentioned all of it's shortcomings and I'm still sticking by it. As a game it's not great but as an interactive story with multiple twists and tribulations, involving characters, tough moral choices and a sense of ultimate despair that main characters are facing at all times makes it an EXTREMELY rewarding experience.
  26. Jan 19, 2013
    I was totally floored by this game. Even after hearing all the hype, I had no idea what I was in for. I'm a huge fan of story-based adventure games, and have played many of Telltale's other series. They have always been good at humor and cartoony worlds, but I questioned whether they could pull off a serious or dark game. My concerns were left shattered on the floor early on in episodeI was totally floored by this game. Even after hearing all the hype, I had no idea what I was in for. I'm a huge fan of story-based adventure games, and have played many of Telltale's other series. They have always been good at humor and cartoony worlds, but I questioned whether they could pull off a serious or dark game. My concerns were left shattered on the floor early on in episode one, and stayed there through the rest of the game, all the way to the shuddering end. This game grabs you and never lets go. As others have mentioned, I experienced many complex emotions throughout the game which I rarely feel when playing games. It was like the best thriller films, except I was involved in the choices so it felt even more personal. The writing and characters are so well done that you forget you are playing a game, and you never know what's around the bend. I feel like this game is a refreshing change, and only the beginning of what is possible in interactive storytelling if it is done right. I hope its popularity will push developers more into this front. Expand
  27. Dec 22, 2012
    More of an interactive narrative, not very "fun" but extremely moving, fascinating, and well worth the price. Episode 2 was the worst but after that they got progressively better and extremely good.
  28. Dec 25, 2012
    I have never played a game that can make you feel everything there is out there. A masterpiece. That ending alone deserves 10/10. Damn it, I cried like hell!
  29. Dec 11, 2012
    A great, intensive and emotional game.
    You really feel the weight of your decisions. You're decisions can be as "simple" as choosing who gets to it, to choosing if someone dies or not, who you'll save.
    Some of them, you'll regret further on.
    This game has a some great characters. It's not a hard game, and not too long, but it's worth every cent spent on it. Really recommend it!
  30. Dec 18, 2012
    It is rare for me to give a game a 10, but The Walking Dead deserves it. Most games use story to connect one level to the next, but in TWD the gameplay connects chapters of the story together... the story is the focus in TWD. This game has the best character development and story of any game out there. I found myself liking some character while disliking others and the choices I made inIt is rare for me to give a game a 10, but The Walking Dead deserves it. Most games use story to connect one level to the next, but in TWD the gameplay connects chapters of the story together... the story is the focus in TWD. This game has the best character development and story of any game out there. I found myself liking some character while disliking others and the choices I made in the game reflected my feelings towards individuals in the group. I have never had a game make me question my own morality. A choice I made in the heat of the moment later filled me with self doubt and regret... did I make the right choice... and believe me, the choices are not easy. The game makes you feel something for the different character in the game, and if the ending does not have you at least choking back tears... then you simply are not human! This game is an instant classic and on my short list for best game I have ever played. Expand
  31. Dec 28, 2012
    Having originally purchased the game without doing much research, I was surprised to find that it was an adventure game that takes place predominantly through cinematics or scripted conversations. Normally this would disappoint, but the story and depth of character is so strong in this game that it is absolutely my game of the year and an experience I will remember for the rest of my life.Having originally purchased the game without doing much research, I was surprised to find that it was an adventure game that takes place predominantly through cinematics or scripted conversations. Normally this would disappoint, but the story and depth of character is so strong in this game that it is absolutely my game of the year and an experience I will remember for the rest of my life.

As a 25 yr old male, I could hardly believe the moment that I burst into tears in the final act. It is as moving as any film and more engaging than any game that has come before it. You do not just feel the decisions that Lee makes as the protagonist, you feel as though you are standing in his shoes, and every decision you make is helping shape your journey through the zombie infested streets. If you buy one game in the next 5 years, I would suggest this one be near the top of your list of considerations.
  32. Jan 5, 2013
    This is one of the best games I have ever played. The installment model of distribution bothered me at first as I wanted to continue on with the story. In the end however, this actually built excitement for the game because the tale was so excellent. Even for those who are not into horror or apocalypse themes,I would recommend this game. The zombies are simply obstacles that are part ofThis is one of the best games I have ever played. The installment model of distribution bothered me at first as I wanted to continue on with the story. In the end however, this actually built excitement for the game because the tale was so excellent. Even for those who are not into horror or apocalypse themes,I would recommend this game. The zombies are simply obstacles that are part of the larger story which revolves around the people in the game. I won't leave any details (spoilers) but I think most players who enjoy a story driven approach will love this game. The themes explored are adult- redemption, loss, suffering and how people might behave when everything they have ever known comes to an end. Expand
  33. May 4, 2013
    The best game of 2012. No doubt. The best characters I've seen in a videogame,it's a game of emotions, you'll love the characters. The puzzles are a very simplistic, though.
  34. Dec 15, 2012
    Lets start with the best thing about this game which is the story. I was really impressed by the way things moved in the game one tragedy after the other you cant help but feel the tension that is surviving in a world like that. Even when i was just exploring I just couldnt feel safe anywhere. Also, almost all the characters in the game have managed to create a emotional response fromLets start with the best thing about this game which is the story. I was really impressed by the way things moved in the game one tragedy after the other you cant help but feel the tension that is surviving in a world like that. Even when i was just exploring I just couldnt feel safe anywhere. Also, almost all the characters in the game have managed to create a emotional response from myself. I hated some, I loved some but rarely I felt indifferent about them and that is always a plus. Honestly, at some point I started caring for Clementine like she was my own daughter. The only character I felt lacked depth was the main character but I think that may be on purpose because your supposed to feel like you are the main character. The gameplay itself was a little lackluster in some parts, with some solutions being WAY too obvious. I barely had to think when solving the problems in the game. But this isnt a traditional point and click adventure so I took only 1 point from my review. The graphics and sound are all top notch but some of the voice acting was bad to the point it made me laugh. Great game, definetly one of the best of the year. Expand
  35. Apr 25, 2013
    That's how I was left after finishing each episode of this game. And for a bonus I was left with a tear in my eye by the third and fifth chapter. This game must be played by anyone who loves storytelling and amazing dialogues in video game and even movies. What many are complaining about is that there is no gameplay or oh this isn't a game it's an interactive show but they are missing the That's how I was left after finishing each episode of this game. And for a bonus I was left with a tear in my eye by the third and fifth chapter. This game must be played by anyone who loves storytelling and amazing dialogues in video game and even movies. What many are complaining about is that there is no gameplay or oh this isn't a game it's an interactive show but they are missing the entire point of the game! It isn't to collect killstreaks or to amaze with set pieces, it's to move your emotional strings and make you care about it's characters! If this isn't your type of game don't play it but this review is for the ones who knew what they were in for. You play as Lee Everett, a man with a shady past who in the midst of a zombie apocalypse finds a lonely little girl, Clementine. The moment you meet her you feel the burden of having to protect her and it doesn't ever go away. There were moments I felt so much sympathy for her or even doubt of myself if I was good enough for her that I felt things only real life could achieve! This is a very dark game, for those who didn't know! You will see a lot of up things and meet some up characters (episode 2, holy crap). But you will meet others who will join your group and become friends with you. And by god there will be choices! Choices that matter even from the first episode! And you will disagree even with your best companions in some cases! I repeat this is some intense and there's gonna e tension in the air. But I can say in the third chapter there was one so strong character development that I shed a TEAR! And of course the final episode I cried, literally cried. And not just in one scene! This game will move you! Even if you are the most stone cold emotionless man in the country. About the gameplay I can say it's point and click and there are tense scenes that require you to press a button really fast or stuff but nothing very gripping. But th strong is in the dialogue options! You have to think and react fast and believe me there will be a time or two that you will do something you would have never done in any other choice game. Like I said this game requires your emotions and ideas to play, not the ones from the character! So in general if you love good stories and great character development and dialogue you are in for the experience of the year! I'm gonna give it a nine because it doesn't really appeal to everybody! But great game for the right audience! Expand
  36. BMF
    Dec 11, 2012
    The Walking Dead is the best story based game I have played in a long time. I got very attached to my character and those around him and felt compelled to help everyone even though thats a imposable task. The dialoge options are vast and I found myself lost in telltales world. I can not wait untill episode one season 2 is released!
  37. Koo
    Jan 5, 2013
    Having played all 5 games in the series, I am confident in awarding it my Game of the Year 2012. With its unique visual style and compelling storyline, The Walking Dead pulls you in and does not let go. Curious how your decisions compare with those of players around the world? The game lets you know at the end of every episode how your decisions measure up. Don't have 20 hours freeHaving played all 5 games in the series, I am confident in awarding it my Game of the Year 2012. With its unique visual style and compelling storyline, The Walking Dead pulls you in and does not let go. Curious how your decisions compare with those of players around the world? The game lets you know at the end of every episode how your decisions measure up. Don't have 20 hours free time every week? No problem. Each episode is 2-3 hours long. Stop reading this review and TRY THIS GAME already!! Expand
  38. Jan 25, 2013
    I really have to say this game is almost perfection. I was worried about it going in that it would focus too much on random zombie action and take away from WHY we love the Walking Dead. We like it because it actually has story and character development. Not just random gore. The game is a point and click adventure. If that's not your type of game wait for the crappy FPS coming out soon.I really have to say this game is almost perfection. I was worried about it going in that it would focus too much on random zombie action and take away from WHY we love the Walking Dead. We like it because it actually has story and character development. Not just random gore. The game is a point and click adventure. If that's not your type of game wait for the crappy FPS coming out soon. (That I'll still probably play.) The timed decisions mechanic is a great move from the developers. Only have seconds to make a split choice really ripens the tension and panic of your situations. On top of that the game has a lot of content. 5 full episodes that can be a couple hours each to finish, with different paths and outcomes depending on how your handle things. Every choice you make can affect you way later down the road to similar to the style Mass Effect recently took.

If your a fan of the show, comics, zombies in general and like a good game that will challenge your wit and morals, get it.
  39. Jan 4, 2013
    You know what? I don't care for many of the flaws that plague this game. All those little annoyances are nothing, nothing to detract you from this master of story driven games. Obviously, video games are not exactly high regarded when it comes to the storyline and yet This game has some of the best set of narrative, characters, and dialog you can find in the industry. But is it a game,You know what? I don't care for many of the flaws that plague this game. All those little annoyances are nothing, nothing to detract you from this master of story driven games. Obviously, video games are not exactly high regarded when it comes to the storyline and yet This game has some of the best set of narrative, characters, and dialog you can find in the industry. But is it a game, really? I see it as more of an experience. An interactive tv series, if you will. Gameplay elements are rather thin in this game, like in most point and click adventure games. The chocies you make are difficult, and even if they don't have too much effect on the outcome of the story(from what we have seen at the end of the 5 chapters), they still change characters behavior and dialog along the way. But it doesn't matter at all, in my opinion. The choices you make still dictate how you will feel at the end of the game. Have I done the right thing here? could I have saved this person if I did that? if you are making choices without caring too much because it's "just a game", then your experience will be the same. The characters are outstanding, through voice acting and choices they make, this is as far as you can get from the "black and white" storyline that's found in most videogames these days. If you invest yourself into the narrative and characters, and really think about what's the right thing to do(in your eyes), you could find yourself drawn into one of the best games of the year, or interactive movies, or however you wanna call it. It really doesn't matter one bit. Expand
  40. Mar 16, 2013
    The game excels in the character development that overshadows almost every game in the industry now. The gameplay is not complicated or hard, so it SHOULD lose points for lacking in that department, but the writing is so far beyond what we have that it deserves a 10/10.

I bought it once it won game of the year, and it deserved the win. Writing is so important now. The gaming industry is getting larger and its audience more mature. We need games that immerse us, not just entertain us. I love movies and some games need to be a medium to tell a story. If I just want gameplay I'll go play my vast arcade game library (fez, shootmania, dota 2, etc).
  41. Apr 15, 2013
    Wow! Nice game, epic story telling and the choices are cool. Iam looking forward to season 2. Iam not a big fan of adventure games but this maybe is a start to play more adventure games soon. The only thing i dont like are the graphics. The graphic could be from 2008 and i dont like also the cartoonish style. But overall an awesome game
  42. Jan 27, 2013
    TWD - ATGS definitely has a good story which keeps you going and entertained. The decisions feel meaningful and, while not twisting the general plot, have an immediate impact even throughout several episodes. I cannot give it a higher rating than 8 though. The graphics are, even if they want to create a stylized comic feel, just not good. Several better textures, for example, would notTWD - ATGS definitely has a good story which keeps you going and entertained. The decisions feel meaningful and, while not twisting the general plot, have an immediate impact even throughout several episodes. I cannot give it a higher rating than 8 though. The graphics are, even if they want to create a stylized comic feel, just not good. Several better textures, for example, would not have destroyed the aesthetics. And still the game stutters from time to time, regardless of the power of the PC it runs on.
    Additionaly, the controls feel very weird in several places.
    And at last, the gameplay does not challenge the player in any scene... I would have been able to complete the game at the age of 4. TWD defines itself with the storytelling though, and that's why I don't downrate it a lot because of the previous negatives.

P.S.: I would not advise to let a 4-year-old play this game ;-)
  43. Feb 12, 2013
    10 is way too low for this game. Brilliant writing that deviates from the story line of the TV series but keeps the spirit fully intact. Brilliant game that keeps you involved in the story and links you to each character, which were each well developed. Loved it. It seems like it can be replayed multiple times. Also love the fact that you are shown what others did in the choices.
  44. Jan 6, 2013
    This game is definitely worth the honour of being game of the year. I literally exclaimed out "AWESOME" or "NO" several times while playing the game! I was so taken back by what was happening and what I experienced during the game, I can't wait for the next 5 as the ending was immense :) Buy and play this game, you will not regret it!
  45. Apr 19, 2013
    That's the difference of "games of truth" to the "games" that we see today Loved every minute of this game and it really reminds me of the golden age of gaming in 1994 onwards with point click games like The Dig and the famous Monkey Island. Bought without fear and do not regret a penny. simply fantastic
  46. Mar 2, 2013
    This is my favorite game of 2012 and imo the best adventure game of its class to be released this century if not ever. The story and pacing were both superb and I am anticipating a sequel. The fact it came out at a time when entertainment is over-saturated with zombie media makes it all the more surprising that I became so invested in it. I couldn't have asked for anything more.
  47. Dec 30, 2012
    A sad story bundled with brilliant gameplay. Don't believe the ones who criticize this great game. It is based on the Walking Dead Comic series, which the TV series is based off of. The choices you make effect the game. You can't always be a saint, and have to make very tough decisions. It's art that is a video game, and it'll manage to make even the hardest of stones, cry.
  48. Jan 19, 2013
    This game... Wait, i can't call this just "game". Is Art, like a Dear Esther for example. New technology and high resolution graphics loses with good story. I had tears in my eyes on 2 moments in this game - end of 2 ep. and end of ep. 5. Story in this game makes it special, and it don't need any special effects, or innovacion in control. When I start playing it, i couldn't stop... Is Art,This game... Wait, i can't call this just "game". Is Art, like a Dear Esther for example. New technology and high resolution graphics loses with good story. I had tears in my eyes on 2 moments in this game - end of 2 ep. and end of ep. 5. Story in this game makes it special, and it don't need any special effects, or innovacion in control. When I start playing it, i couldn't stop... Is Art, that's more than just game. Sorry for bad English, I'm Pole.. Expand
  49. Dec 12, 2012
    The Walking Dead, a game like few others, he has earned the award by Goty have a great story and emotional burden. A story like very few well-founded, by spending hours playing ... I call it a game unreal real, its graphics, which logically is not known for that because it is based on the comic, not in the series, but also has its points. The sound, sound effects and voices are goodThe Walking Dead, a game like few others, he has earned the award by Goty have a great story and emotional burden. A story like very few well-founded, by spending hours playing ... I call it a game unreal real, its graphics, which logically is not known for that because it is based on the comic, not in the series, but also has its points. The sound, sound effects and voices are good quality, gameplay ... highlights everything. Expand
  50. Apr 12, 2013
    I picked this game up for 10 euros on steam sales and i gotta say.. This probably is the best 10 euros ever spent on a game. I absolutely love games that lets you choose different actions to make and also affect on storyline as you progress in the game. Characters are unique and different. Even when i felt moments where i actually wanted some guy to be dead or killed at the same time iI picked this game up for 10 euros on steam sales and i gotta say.. This probably is the best 10 euros ever spent on a game. I absolutely love games that lets you choose different actions to make and also affect on storyline as you progress in the game. Characters are unique and different. Even when i felt moments where i actually wanted some guy to be dead or killed at the same time i could sympathise with them. This truly is a magnificent game and worth its value and i highly recommend that everyone who likes story based games goes out and buys this right away. Expand
  51. bvr
    Feb 28, 2013
    If you're coming into this expecting Gears of War or COD zombie mode, you're in for a hell of a disappointment. If you're coming into this expecting a fantastic narrative, sound, and art, expect to be very pleased.
    Personally, I haven't ever had an emotional gameplay experience on this level before. Superb.
  52. Feb 26, 2013
    This game is truly EPIC... You have to choose who lives and who dies, its so intense, yet so exciting! I'm glad this game has got such great accolades from everywhere, because that's what it deserves! The story, the zombies, the characters, the animation and the graphics were just brilliant! I can't wait for Season 2...

So I would recommend this game, 'cause once you play, you won't

So I would recommend this game, 'cause once you play, you won't want to leave the game! It's that Awesome..!!
  53. Jan 6, 2013
    This is an amazing experience. It's like being the hero of a movie and your decisions will have an effect on how the story develops. The characters are mesmerizing and it is really hard to not care about them.
    My only complaint would be that the game is a little short but there will be more seasons coming out.
    Hard to find games these days that are so engaging, once I started playing I
    Hard to find games these days that are so engaging, once I started playing I couldn't put it down... worth every penny!
  54. Dec 12, 2012
    One of the best stories in a game, makes you feel for the characters and regret your hard decisions even though you know in your heart it was the right choice.

Speaking of the right choice, the right choice is to buy this now!
  55. Dec 22, 2012
    Definitely one of the best games of the year, hands down! The storytelling was amazing, the voice acting was great (with the exception of Clementine for me, but perhaps that's how she was supposed to be and it just went over my head), the graphics weren't top-notch but they captured that comic book feel, and the interface was pretty good. Sometimes I felt the point-and-clickDefinitely one of the best games of the year, hands down! The storytelling was amazing, the voice acting was great (with the exception of Clementine for me, but perhaps that's how she was supposed to be and it just went over my head), the graphics weren't top-notch but they captured that comic book feel, and the interface was pretty good. Sometimes I felt the point-and-click quick-time-events were a bit clunky. Sometimes I was clicking, multiple times, on the designated area, but nothing happened. Also the lack of free saving during the game and the inability to skip dialogue scenes was a bit irritating. The game is definitely not action-oriented. It's all story and character. But each episode makes you make some very hard decisions and the game takes those choices into account as the world moves on. Some choices have higher values than others, and you sometimes learn that the hard way, and sometimes the choices you make seem like they would have a bigger impact but then they don't... That's why I gave the game a 9/10. Overall, it's an amazing game that deserves some of the highest praise, but there are just a few things that stick out that keep it from being perfect. It's more inconsistencies than anything... But if you get it, and you don't mind doing the story/puzzle thing instead of shooting 50,000,000 zombies in the face, then you'll definitely enjoy the ride! Expand
  56. Dec 13, 2012
    Many of your actions have real impact on the world, affecting things ranging from your relationships with others to life & death decisions. Dialog options let you act in a situation how you would want to; I have run into very few Bioware-style "wow that was awful I didn't mean to say that" situations. The music, sound, and environments come together to create a fantastic atmosphere of bothMany of your actions have real impact on the world, affecting things ranging from your relationships with others to life & death decisions. Dialog options let you act in a situation how you would want to; I have run into very few Bioware-style "wow that was awful I didn't mean to say that" situations. The music, sound, and environments come together to create a fantastic atmosphere of both serenity & dread. The game's writing is fantastic and could stand on it's own without the zombies. This is not another stupid zombie craze cash in. The characters are well fleshed out and you get attached to them. The combat and quick-time events are taut and meaningfully placed. This game is (generally) better than the show and well worth the asking price. Expand
  57. Dec 17, 2012
    A fantastic game series which pulls you through with a great story and interactive game play. Unfortunately a fair few bugs and a disappointing ending hold it back from being a 10.
  58. May 26, 2013
    The best game I have ever played in the last year and 2013 so far in terms of story. I really can't wait for Season2 which is aimed at fall this year.

The ending is so sad, if you played all Episodes without stopping in between and you get to the ends you will probably cry or feel upset for the next few hours after you finished the game, this is how the story will capture your emotion. well done designers.
  59. Jan 20, 2017
    this game is legendary with a tightly written story great characters and a fun vibe overall even though it's sad.
    once more telletale has done well with this one .
  60. Mar 1, 2013
    This game has gotten many people invested in the characters and setting on an emotional level. It's just worth it, not for the gameplay, but for story and characters.
  61. Jan 2, 2013
    I believe this game is fantastic, and I have many reasons to support this. In this game you make choices, these choices have an outcome on the game itself, as the slogan of the game is "this game is tailored by the way you play." Some people are criticizing this game for having a "illusion of choice." This is partially true as some of the choices in the game have the same outcome eitherI believe this game is fantastic, and I have many reasons to support this. In this game you make choices, these choices have an outcome on the game itself, as the slogan of the game is "this game is tailored by the way you play." Some people are criticizing this game for having a "illusion of choice." This is partially true as some of the choices in the game have the same outcome either way. However, the majority of the choices have different outcomes. The storyline is the best game story I have had the pleasure of playing in a long time. If you are thinking about playing this game you really need to follow the story well to get the best out of it. The game lasts for about 12 hours on average, a pretty decent amount of playtime. You will probably replay it to make different choices to the ones you made before. People are criticizing this game due to it's graphics, when they should not. The game takes on a cartoony art style, as it should. Many people would nowadays just class a cartoony art style as "bad graphics." Please do not listen to the negative reviews here, especially ones about the graphics. I thoroughly enjoyed this game and frankly cannot wait until February when they release The Walking Dead Season 2. Excellent title, my game of 2012. Expand
  62. Feb 9, 2013
    Let's cut to the chase....

The Walking Dead (2012 video game)is not as good as The Walking Dead (TV series). The TV show is an overwhelming hit and is very highly thought of. It has a combination of excellent writing and excellent acting that combine wondefully with the Robert Kirkman themes developed in the comic book series. Those same Robert Kirkman themes are an integral part of
    Let's cut to the chase....

Those same Robert Kirkman themes are an integral part of The Walking Dead (2012 video game).
    The game provides nice examples of good acting combined with interesting characters:
    Lilly, voiced by Nicki Rapp
    Carley, voiced by Nicole Vigil, and
    Molly, voiced by Erin Ashe.

Unfortunately, the most important character, Lee Everett is voiced by Dave Fennoy who provides a barely average performance.
    Even more disappointing is the key character Clementine who is voiced by Nicki Rapp who provides a very sub-par performance.
    I think perhaps it is almost impossible for a 40ish year old women to provide an acceptable rendition of an 8 year old girl
    I think producers use adults to provide for child roles because they are lazy. Child actors require a lot of effort to manage.
    Additionally the Clementine charater is drawn oddly and very unrealistically to the point of being somewhat distracting.

I enjoyed playing the game. I wish Robert Kirkman would take a little more interest in protecting how his work is utilized.
  63. Jan 17, 2013
    Good story pinned to a point-and-click adventure game. Kind of funky but it works overall. Very intense experience. I almost cried, limited only by the fact that I am dead inside. Give to good friends or enemies you want to make cry. Imminent tears.
  64. Mar 11, 2013
    TWD is a awesome game! Telltale make me care with characters, the choice system is fantastic by delivery a sense of urgency with its time count bar, that by all means make you have to do hard choices in a little time, this make the tension grows as it would in a real life emergency context.

The plot is rich and the characters too, both becoming meaningful by the length of the game to the point that your choices consequences really make you regret some of your actions in a way that other games can't make you feel, I bet that the reviewers that gave notes like ZERO would prefer to play Call of Duty or other brainless game.
  65. Dec 23, 2012
    I'm not even going to try to qualify this review with an in-depth analysis or critique, because frankly I don't think that would help you as a potential buyer of this entertainment.

This game is a masterpiece. They have taken a ridiculous scenario (zombie apocalypse) and turned it into something heart-wrenching, ethically charged and mature. The characters are real, the gameplay is fun, the choices matter and afford real replayability, but more than that, this game makes you stop and think.

Don't let the zombie apocalypse setting fool you. This game is not about a zombie apocalypse, it's about the human condition.
  66. Dec 23, 2012
    Damn. Yah got me. This may be the first time I've ever gotten emotional playing a game. it's true. But hey - if the characters and stories don't get to you then you must be a walker your self! The Walking Dead comic and TV show give the same emotional pathos as the game with the same amount of gore and potty mouth to boot! It's a clever concept that allows you - the player- to chooseDamn. Yah got me. This may be the first time I've ever gotten emotional playing a game. it's true. But hey - if the characters and stories don't get to you then you must be a walker your self! The Walking Dead comic and TV show give the same emotional pathos as the game with the same amount of gore and potty mouth to boot! It's a clever concept that allows you - the player- to choose the path of the narrative. It's a very well written script that adheres to the choices you make very well. There are a few times that your common sense wants the narrative to go where you think it should but in order to complete an episode you have to over-ride your impulses. Another small drawback is the fact that you can't forward the dialogue. That got annoying quick. The artwork from the comics flows beautifully, the foley work sounds fantastic and the voice-actors are fantastic. They really give such depth to all the characters and make everything they do so vital which are always well worth investing time and emotion. It's a rare thing indeed in a crazy world of games that just ask you to hit a button. Special kudos to Melissa Hutchison as the voice of Clementine who made me bawl over her... Expand
  67. Dec 14, 2012
    Best Game I Ever Played... Characters Were Awesome, Story was Heart-Touching Overall The Game is an Art - A Beautiful Art
  68. Dec 24, 2012
    Очень интересный и проработанный сюжет переплетается сОчень интересный и проработанный сюжет переплетается с отвратительным и скучным геймплеем,но за счет сюжета игра проходится на одном дыхании. Expand
  69. Dec 25, 2012
    I loved this game, and the fact I am watching/playing it with my wife is a sweet bonus, could use a little bit more action scenes as they are far in between.
  70. Jul 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I think this game is excellent because while it occasionally lacks in game play the story completely immerses you inside it. While some complain that the choices you make don't matter ,they are wrong the choices form you as a person and your relationships with other people. You play as a convict who murders his wife called Lee Everett on his way to prison during the zombie apocalypse and then there is the little girl you meet called Clementine. When you meet Clementine she is an innocent 8 year old surviving in a tree house after her babysitter "turned". Throughout your journey you choices also affect her personality and relationships towards others as well as your own personality. The back stories and events are completely believable for the situation and when they die they make you genuinely feel something. I recommend this to anyone who likes a good story. Go on try it for yourself make your choice. Expand
  71. Mar 7, 2013
    Definitely the best adventure game i've played in years.
    The story is great, the graphics are nice. Everything about this game is so good.
    I really hope they make more chapters in a near future. This IP has potential and Telltale did a tremendous making this game.

I'm glad they won the GOTY 2012. Very well deserved.
  72. Dec 23, 2012
    In a world filled with zombie games that rely on hordes of zombies, and "survival" elements, The Walking Dead was a welcome change of pace. I'll admit, I was wary going in, because I hadn't heard a thing about it except from friends. On top of that, I had no idea if it would stay good throughout all five episodes. But that's exactly what Telltale Games did. They made a work of art insteadIn a world filled with zombie games that rely on hordes of zombies, and "survival" elements, The Walking Dead was a welcome change of pace. I'll admit, I was wary going in, because I hadn't heard a thing about it except from friends. On top of that, I had no idea if it would stay good throughout all five episodes. But that's exactly what Telltale Games did. They made a work of art instead of a video game. The comic book art style was absolutely fantastic, the voice acting was top notch, and the story was...well I'll be damned if it wasn't one of the best video game stories I've ever encountered. Don't go into the Walking Dead expecting a lot of combat, or a fast pace. It's a very slow building game, but that's what makes it fantastic. It actually takes the time to develop the characters, actually make you like them or hate them. That's what makes some of the deaths really...tragic. But there are some combat sections, and they're simple and quite fun. This isn't just your average zombie apocalypse game. This is truly a masterpiece. I just hope Season Two can reach the ridiculously high bar that Season One has set. Expand
  73. Dec 21, 2012
    This is a game that rises above what has been released in the past few years, it brings back some of the original point and click elements and attempts to be story based game not a "lets shoot crap loads of zombies with tons of ammo and not care about the characters" instead the game is a attempt of giving players choice in what they do, but restricting them to only a small amount ofThis is a game that rises above what has been released in the past few years, it brings back some of the original point and click elements and attempts to be story based game not a "lets shoot crap loads of zombies with tons of ammo and not care about the characters" instead the game is a attempt of giving players choice in what they do, but restricting them to only a small amount of gameplay which may bore some players, but there is no denying that the game is an emotional, well written experience that is worth the price, the only reason I am giving the game a 9 is because it can sometimes feel a bit like emotional blackmail in the way it gets you to care for characters enough that the twists can often cause anger but however it is probably the best game released in the last 5 years Expand
  74. May 23, 2013
    This game is just amazing. Unforgettable..... have never felt this emotionally attached to a game and it's characters/story-line. defiantly a must play.
  75. Jan 16, 2013
    A game that teaches you how to forget what sentimentality is. When people die, they die. It's a gripping experience that tugs at your heartstrings and does a perfect job at creating emotionally investing situations, all while telling a great story of hardship and survival. The acting is very good, and you'll constantly find yourself caring about the characters or in some cases, just end upA game that teaches you how to forget what sentimentality is. When people die, they die. It's a gripping experience that tugs at your heartstrings and does a perfect job at creating emotionally investing situations, all while telling a great story of hardship and survival. The acting is very good, and you'll constantly find yourself caring about the characters or in some cases, just end up hating them. Despite a few annoying technical faults, the story will captivate you like few stories in video games, and everyone who appreciates that should play this game. Expand
  76. Feb 24, 2013
    Far better than i expected. Interessting Story and Charachters. Its more like an interactive Series of the WD Universe. All who love Zombies and the End of the World will be satisfied.
  77. Feb 22, 2013
    The Walking Dead deserves to be up in the ranks of Zelda OOT and Super Mario Bros for its innovative, unique way of storytelling, a cast of characters that the player will decide the connections with each of them, spot-on voice acting and many more qualities that make this game extraordinary.
  78. Jun 12, 2013
    Just one point lower because of the ending

I was scared, shocked, but i found more love in my life...
    I have to place here more characters, but two sentences had done
  79. Mar 4, 2013
    Telltale's The Walking Dead provides fantastic character development, storytelling and a great cast of realistic, perfect voice actors. It's hard for me to imagine no one feeling emotion when playing through The Walking Dead. Telltale's Episodic model pans the experience of The Walking Dead over a few months and gives a longer, more enjoyable saga. The Walking Dead reminds us that gamingTelltale's The Walking Dead provides fantastic character development, storytelling and a great cast of realistic, perfect voice actors. It's hard for me to imagine no one feeling emotion when playing through The Walking Dead. Telltale's Episodic model pans the experience of The Walking Dead over a few months and gives a longer, more enjoyable saga. The Walking Dead reminds us that gaming shouldn't look like a drag act in Vegas, sparkly lights and tons of effects, but provide a larger focus on character development and storytelling. Never before has a point and click adventure ever brought me so much anticipation. Perhaps it was the storytelling and character development that excited me, or perhaps it was just the fact that I like zombies. Expand
  80. Jan 31, 2013
    This is easily the best game in 2012 for story. The fact that some people think it is not a game just sickens me. How can people nitpick and use any straws they can cling to in order to say that it is not worthy of the high score it has?
  81. Dec 26, 2012
    This game has you emotionally engaged on a level similar to the Walking Dead series, if not even more so because of the length of it. (It's shorter so the 'big' events happen more regularly than in the tv series). The last time a game has had me so emotionally captured was Final Fantasy 10.
  82. Jan 16, 2013
    I find that the "choice" factor in the game is meaningless. The ending, no matter what you choose, is the same. The only thing that changes with these choices is the dialogue. However, the story was so good in my opinion that it deserves an eight.
  83. Jan 8, 2013
    Having finally beaten all 5 episodes, I can easily see why people would think this is a game of the year candidate. However, I had a few issues that kept it from being my GotY. Frankly, for a game that's supposed to be solely based on the decisions you make, very few decisions throughout the story actually affected the overall outcome of the story, even when they made you think that someHaving finally beaten all 5 episodes, I can easily see why people would think this is a game of the year candidate. However, I had a few issues that kept it from being my GotY. Frankly, for a game that's supposed to be solely based on the decisions you make, very few decisions throughout the story actually affected the overall outcome of the story, even when they made you think that some of the biggest choices you would have to make turned out not to even matter a bit. However the game does quite a few things well and the best thing I can relate it too is Heavy Rain. The story the game tells is a wonderful one and, even for people who aren't into the Walking Dead franchise that much like I was, they will get so much out of this game. I really felt for the characters and some of the decisions they had to make. Losing any of the characters, even some of the smaller ones, affected me greatly. I haven't felt this emotional about a game in a long time and that speaks volumes to me. This game has made me want to get into the entire franchise now and, even with that tiny issue I said before, this is easily one of the best games I've played in a long time. However, don't expect to do much going into it because this game is basically here to tell a story and that's it. If you can get over that, then you'll love this game to death. I wouldn't call it my GotY, but it's easily in the top 5 this year and it's something I'll be really keeping an eye on when season 2 rolls around. Expand
  84. Jun 19, 2013
    The story and wrting is absolutely amazing. It triggers such emotional responses and is never dull or lackluster. The Characters, while rather normal people, grow on you. While you don't really care for them at first, they grow on you rather fast and you become very attached to them (in most cases at least). It really hurts to see them leave the group or even get killed.

This game is

This game is one of the best games I ever played, definitely in my top 3, and has the best narration of any game I have ever played. I will definitely buy season 2, I can hardly wait until the first episode is released!!
  85. Jan 28, 2013
    Anyone who doesn't view Telltale's The Walking Dead as a masterpiece doesn't have a good taste in games. After a frustrating experience with AMC's The Walking Dead television adaptation, I was surprised to see that Telltale was able to capture the gruesome dark horror of Kirkman's comic, with some amazing new characters and stories. A must play.
  86. Sep 24, 2013
    An all-around great experience. Never has a game make me truly like or dislike characters the way The Walked Dead did. Although it's named after a popular comic/TV series, the characters and the relationships they form are the core of the game, not the universe in which it is set. I believe the game could have had a completely different setting, replacing zombines with some other genericAn all-around great experience. Never has a game make me truly like or dislike characters the way The Walked Dead did. Although it's named after a popular comic/TV series, the characters and the relationships they form are the core of the game, not the universe in which it is set. I believe the game could have had a completely different setting, replacing zombines with some other generic Bad Thing, and it would have been just as great. In other words this game is awesome even if you aren't a fan of the comics/tv show. Or even a fan of zombie games. Expand
  87. Dec 31, 2012
    After hearing about this game for a few weeks and playing the demo, I finally decided to buy it off Steam after Episode 2 had been released, and I never regretted the purchase for a second. First of all, the story, it follows a man called Lee Everett as he gets tossed into the world filled with the undead, and meets up with Clementine, a little girl who was at home with a babysitter whenAfter hearing about this game for a few weeks and playing the demo, I finally decided to buy it off Steam after Episode 2 had been released, and I never regretted the purchase for a second. First of all, the story, it follows a man called Lee Everett as he gets tossed into the world filled with the undead, and meets up with Clementine, a little girl who was at home with a babysitter when the dead started walking the streets. What follows is five fantastic Episodes with lots of different characters, since I don't want to give anything away I won't say any more than this. The gameplay is based around a few different mechanics such as occasionally moving around and clicking on objects, quick time events, dialogue and shooting scenes once in a while. This limits the player interaction with the game to allow a higher focus on story, the one issue I had with the gameplay was the movement, as it seemed a little difficult to get used to at first, but after an hour or two of playing it starts to feel better. The dialogue choices add a lot more repeatability to the Episodes, as anything you say can have an effect on the story and how characters interact with you. The art style is sort of like a Graphic Novel, kind of like Borderlands. I feel this is a nice change because it allows the environments to be more colourful or very dull if the situation requires it, this makes it look very unique as not many games share this same kind of art style. Overall, the game is fantastic, by far the best game I have played in a long time, never mind this year, and due to the Episode structure of the game it allowed for more suspense to build up, I had a lot of fun talking to people about what we thought would happen in the next Episode of the game, much like we would on the Walking Dead TV show. If you really enjoy a good story, look no further than this game, you will LOVE IT. Expand
  88. Dec 27, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is definitely one of the best adventures/action games I've played in a long time! The story is awesome and the atmosphere makes you sit at the edge of your chair! Great adaptation of the Walking Dead comic and very nice gameplay. I suggest playing with all guides on though cause playing without them seems like too much pixel hunting. I strongly suggest this game to everyone who wants to witness a good horror story ! Expand
  89. Jan 16, 2013
    It took me about an hour and a half to get The Walking Dead Episode 5: No Time Left running properly. Between mouse problems (fixed by changing the resolution and then changing it back), save import bugs (especially hard to solve on this Mac laptop), and the metaphorical Sword of Damocles that is review season creating a limit on how much time I can spend fixing the game, it
  90. Dec 25, 2012
    It's the best game i've ever played! its worth game of the year awesome story! Awesome graphics/game i really enjoyed every second i played the game! Best game EVER!!

Nice work telltale! I hope season 2 coming soon :/
  91. Dec 30, 2012
    Fantastic game. One of the best i ever played. Its so immersive that we become Lee, always trying to save Clementine. The Finale is great and rational. I cant see a sequel to this game. Its perfect the way it is since the beginning to the end closing superbly. A must have!
  92. Mar 5, 2013
    An Amazing game! I'm not really into this kind of adventure games but the story was exceptional. Very immersive with a lot of spins and unforeseeable twists
  93. Dec 25, 2012
    The story telling ability displayed by tattletale games is nothing short of incredible, the player almost instantly cares for the characters. If more games like this existed the book industry would be in trouble.
  94. Dec 27, 2012
    Wow. Just... Wow.

Wow. Just... Wow.

The Walking Dead is one of Telltales most amazing games, the second that first loading screen finished I was hooked, the emotional ties you make with the characters, from beginning to end you will make decisions that will affect you and have you tearing up a bit, the environments, characters, the story, the music, all of it. PERFECT. I would recommend this game to anyone who likes a story that will have you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end.

10/10 for me, I will certainly give this another run through.
  95. Dec 28, 2012
    good game nice story and nice emotion too. but not good in grafic really much but however game isnt good about grapic at all but story should have more ending maybe Lee survive or something change
    more than example help dock or someguy that girl and die in chapter 3 NICE
  96. Jan 17, 2013
    Последнюю игру студии должны увидеть все фанаты одноименногоПоследнюю игру студии должны увидеть все фанаты одноименного комикса и сериала, ее по достоинству оценят и просто любители хороших квестов с глубоким драматичным сюжетом, с красочными персонажами и богатым выбором развития событий. Она как кино: только в этом кино мы сами исполняем роль сценаристов, режиссеров и главных героев. Наблюдаем за историей со стороны и изнутри. Окунаемся просто в непередаваемые впечатления от редкого примера потрясающего квеста и хищно крутимся поодаль, ожидая очередной кровавой развязки. Expand
  97. Mar 9, 2013
    Rather an interactive movie than a game. If you look at it like this, it's amazing. And you get to make a lot of hard choices, which really affect the story. I highly recommend it if you like horror movies. Only reason I'm not giving it a 10 is because the graphics is not especially great, and for given level of detail it stresses my PC quite a lot.
  98. Jul 20, 2013
    This isn't for everyone. If you're simply looking to kill hordes of zombies then look elsewhere. This is a game with a limited amount of action, but with a fantastic story. It can be a bit slow at times, but it was a lot of fun being forced to make split second decisions and live with the consequences. Plus, the ending was great.
  99. May 23, 2013
    This a game has a cruel, but a very deep feeling. While play this game, you will feel awkward and confused, but after play this game, you don't have any word for it. The game has a great, epic and horrible story and I will never forget that feeling.

Enjoy it
  100. Jul 20, 2013
    Really Cool. Different than a lot of games out there. You solve a few puzzles and make some fun decisions. A lot of decisions you make you only have 6 seconds to decide so it makes you feel like you are in the game a bit more. I like that. My favourite part about this game is how gory some of the scenes are. It's a good horror game.
  101. Apr 14, 2013
    Seldom is a game released now where you actually care about what happens to the characters. This game so surpasses the television show, it's astonishing. It's the first game, and I'm not afraid to admit it, that made me tear up. The writing is that good. I actually emailed the writer and got a response back, it was very nice to see the creators/writers respond to fans (maybe because itSeldom is a game released now where you actually care about what happens to the characters. This game so surpasses the television show, it's astonishing. It's the first game, and I'm not afraid to admit it, that made me tear up. The writing is that good. I actually emailed the writer and got a response back, it was very nice to see the creators/writers respond to fans (maybe because it was positive feedback) but still I was extremely moved by this story. I found the game play to be very tense at times, akin to that of Heavy Rain (another amazing game, amazing story). The graphics are fine, people are upset because they want the Crysis 3 or Battlefield whatever with every game nowadays. I look for a story where I can come away with something meaningful and memorable. Sure, how the game plays is important but if you're looking for a game without a lot of dialogue and with fast action, Michael Bay-esc movie then don't spend your money on something like this. But if you want a story, this is a great game and it can become quite tense at times. Collapse

It’s not perfect but The Walking Dead is one of the most important advances in interactive fiction for a generation, with some of the most memorable characters of any video game.
  2. Mar 15, 2013
    The Walking Dead is a serious, solid, but clay-footed work; in truth, it wouldn't stand out from the crowd if video game storytelling wasn't so impoverished to begin with.
  3. Hyper Magazine
    Feb 10, 2013
    A test of your moral fortitude in a world that's gone to the dogs. [March 2013, p.76]