8.4

1. Nov 29, 2012
    I hope you enjoy having your saves rendered unplayable because that's what this game is all about. Your hard earned progress is likely to be wiped by a faulty save system when you try to resume playing. And guess what? YOU CAN'T SKIP DIALOGUE OR CUTSCENES. Unbearable. Such a great game but so terribly implemented.
  2. Jan 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Unbelievably horrid. Telltale games has completely dropped the ball on this episode, and every episode after. After an exhilarating and amazing first and second episode, Episode 3 is just a boring, scripted and linear shooting gallery and button-mashing game. Forget about making choices, nothing you do will make a difference. Chose to reveal that you are a convicted killer? Absolutely no consequences or effects. Try to calm whatshername when she goes insane? Absolutely no effect on the outcome. Want to help Kenny by doing the deed yourself? Absolutely no effects or consequences. Nothing you do can change anything that happens in this episode, or the fourth or fifth. There is no decision you have to make that matters, no amazing scenes or events, no added depth to the story, nothing.

Absolute trash.
  3. Sep 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Really after playing this episode I just feel like the choices you make don't even matter. The decision to kill half the crew is cheap in my opinion especially Carly, it's as if they thought it would be too hard to carry on with all the choices and they decided to just get rid of 4 people, plus it gets really depressing now, after Carly's death I just didn't really want to play it anymore, II think they should have gave you an option to stop Lily or let her kill someone else instead, oh well I'm not really hyped up for the next episode, will probably play it but I won't be looking forward to it. Expand
  4. Sep 8, 2012
    First disappointment in this series of games. The controls reveal themselves to the be least friendly and unintuitive. Truly the worst episode yet and simply not fun.
  5. Oct 31, 2012
    This game is basically tries to sell on a big lie, that you can impact the story.
    And not only do they lie to you in the marketing, they also lie to you when you play the game.
    The game pretends that you have a lot of big choices but its easy to see that you cannot make any impact. If you replay the choices you will see black on white that the result is always the same. I cant believe

I cant believe this got such a high rating. Most likely it have been doped by the developer.
    If I ever see a game made by telltale ever again I will stay miles away.
  6. Nov 26, 2012
    The series takes a rapid downward spiral with episode 3 showing that they had bitten offm ore than they could chew. All of your choices are shown to be nothing but illusion as you are railroaded with unbelievable scenes to place the developers need you to go. You are instantly taken out of the story while things happen which are forced. Having said that, the forced storyline is still goodThe series takes a rapid downward spiral with episode 3 showing that they had bitten offm ore than they could chew. All of your choices are shown to be nothing but illusion as you are railroaded with unbelievable scenes to place the developers need you to go. You are instantly taken out of the story while things happen which are forced. Having said that, the forced storyline is still good so if you are invested in the story and are willing to accept the false choices then its worth continuing. Expand

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Oct 29, 2012
    Perfect storyline, strong emotions and connection to previous episodes – adventure series of The Walking Dead grows better and better with every new part. [Oct 2012]
  2. Games Master UK
    Oct 24, 2012
    This is better - so much better - than the AMC series, and it's quickly become some of the most essential gaming of this, or indeed any other, year. [Dec 2012, p.90]
  3. Oct 24, 2012
    If you hate sadness and heartache, then Long Road Ahead is not for you. This is a journey fraught with triumphs and setbacks, often happening simultaneously. This is yet another strong episode that reinforces my opinion that The Walking Dead is one of the best games of the year!