2.5

1. Mar 25, 2013
    The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct is an enjoyable game that combines the claustrofobic feeling of being chased by walkers and the need to scavenge in a good way, but the graphics are very dated and some issues keep the experience from its prime.
  2. Mar 19, 2013
    Graphics is terrabad, storyline is okay. Horror factor is somewhat scary. Daryl is really a plus in this game, and it does gives back the atmosphere of the show though. Not the greatest game ever, i wouldn't recommend it for a full price.
  3. Mar 22, 2013
    I was expecting a game like a TWD in First Person, but i need to admit I was expecting more than a repetitive merry go around of facts and mechanics and a butt-ending that blows me off...
    taking out the fact of (poor) interacting with other survivors, scavenge of new items for continue adventure with new cars, weapons and more, the game include lack of graphics and Gameplay, that makes the game boring and repetitive...
    The history isn't that bad, but isn't good though, resuming: only a REAL fan (like me!) will TOLERATE a ONE time gameplay (you finish the game, and you put on your game stash and never touch him again...)
    Other positive point is the GREAT voice os Norman Reedus and Michael Rooker, they were good in the series, they were good in the game too...
    Well, if you aren't a REAL BIG FAN of TWD, i think you should prefer to play Left 4 Dead, or No More Room In Hell, even The War Z (just kidding, haha)
  4. Apr 7, 2013
    Meh, this game isn't really good, but it's not as bad people are saying it is, I expected this game to be horrible, so I am not disappointed, I would say it's a 5/10
  5. Mar 22, 2013
    I had accepted that it wasn't going to be good because of everyone on discussions but it's actually somewhat good.
    I witnessed no bugs whatsoever which is a good thing. I never dropped below 60fps with vsync on and everything maxed. EVGA 660.
    The storyline is good, the areas are well developed. The graphics aren't great but if you like the borderlands and telltale TWD art style then you'll like this.
    The back story doesn't dissapoint. We learn more about Daryl and Merle as I wanted.
    The ending, without spoiling anything, leads to the show. It shows how they came to be in Atlanta.
    Overall I'd give it a 7 out of 10. Skyrim being a 10, WarZ being a 1
  6. Mar 24, 2013
    Yes, this game is a mess, and it was rushed out so it could be bought by YOU, and to take advantage of a great fanbase, the Walking Dead fanbase.
    So is this game worth it? (short answer: NO).
    The graphics are awful... 2006 standarts, acctualy some of the zombie models look like the models from resident evil 1 REMAKE for the GAMECUBE. The sound is BLHAW... Too basic, the sound effects
    So is this game worth it? (short answer: NO).
    The sound is BLHAW... Too basic, the sound effects are sometimes enjoyable.
    The gameplay, brings something new to the table, you have a fairly deccent item manager, you can gather supplies which is pretty cool, and you can get survivor for your group.
    So yeah, Is this worth 50$? Nope! Stay away from this game, only get it if its all patched.
  7. Apr 7, 2013
    The main reason, and perhaps the only one, that I had to play this game was nothing more than it is a Walking dead game.
    The graphics looks like the game has 10 years, the playability is not bad, but is not smooth and therefor is not good either. The story is kind of lame and confuse. And I passed it really quick.
    The thing that it really lacks, and I missed it a lot, was the loot
    The thing that it really lacks, and I missed it a lot, was the loot system. It doesn't have one. I wanted to loot everything! But I got nothing.
    But, it's not everything bad. It requires you to be stealthy because fight more than 2 zombies will get you killed. Which is a good thing. Daryl shows up, as well as Merle, but rare are the times you see Merle.
    Zombies are dumb, slow, and ugly. But they are not scary. Not sure if it's a good or bad thing.
    The weapons are cool, probably the best thing in the game, but when you have the really nice ones, where you can kill hordes of zombies, the game ends...
    Well, I give it a 5 because the game is not that bad. The thing is: It was pretty disappointing. I expected a nice game, playable, looking good and maybe some rpg experience. But instead I got an ugly, hard to play, confuse and too linear.
  8. Aug 2, 2013
    Activision ponownie chciało zarobić na kurze znoszącej złote jaja. Wpakować popularną nazwę i zarabiać miliony, cóż nie zawsze to tak działa. Po pierwsze, słaba grafika, chodź to nawet nie grafika stanowi największego problemu. Strasznie nudny, monotonny, głupi model kampanii. Głupie, niedopracowane elementy survivalowe, bugi, niedopracowania. Już z daleka widać że gra była robiona naActivision ponownie chciało zarobić na kurze znoszącej złote jaja. Wpakować popularną nazwę i zarabiać miliony, cóż nie zawsze to tak działa. Po pierwsze, słaba grafika, chodź to nawet nie grafika stanowi największego problemu. Strasznie nudny, monotonny, głupi model kampanii. Głupie, niedopracowane elementy survivalowe, bugi, niedopracowania. Już z daleka widać że gra była robiona na szybko. Na szczęście gra jakoś się ratuje. Jest rzeczywiście trudna, postawia na pewne ciekawe elementy survivalowe, i trochę ciekawiej pokazuje zombie niż w wielu innych grach. Moja ocena 5/10 Expand
  9. Mar 27, 2013
    The Walking Dead is a successful comic that has since been adapted to AMC's hit TV show of the same name. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct focuses on a character who is exclusive to the TV show called Daryl Dixon and is currently a fan favourite. Daryl Dixon started out as a racist redneck who only cared for his own survival, since the second and third series of the TV show, theThe Walking Dead is a successful comic that has since been adapted to AMC's hit TV show of the same name. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct focuses on a character who is exclusive to the TV show called Daryl Dixon and is currently a fan favourite. Daryl Dixon started out as a racist redneck who only cared for his own survival, since the second and third series of the TV show, the character has changed a lot and has attracted a large number of fans.

The game is a prequel to the show and you start out by learning what happened during Daryl's early days during the undead scourge. While there aren't any amazing revelations, you do get a bit more information about the characters and there are some characters that get referenced in passing.

The good things about this game include a solid combat engine and a range of weapons to choose from. While the combat is not quite as good as Dead Island, you can reliably take down Walkers with stealth attacks and later get stronger weapons.

Each melee weapon is different from the speedy but weak hammer to the heavy and slow sledgehammer that can take down walkers in a single hit. In terms of guns you have pistols, shotguns, rifle and of course Daryl's trusty crossbow. You'll want to use the crossbow as much as you can to kill walkers silently and retrieve your crossbow bolts.

Silence is important because walkers pick up on sound a lot. One way you can draw walkers away is by throwing a bottle or a flare in the opposite direction, when they charge towards the noise you slip past them the other way.

As you progress through the game you'll want to pick up food rations, weapons, ammunition and fuel. Fuel is important for making your way across the map on the road sections. Some of these sections will give you a choice, do you move the car stuck on the road or take an alternative route?

One great feature of the game is the survivor management. As you progress in the game, you get access to different survivors. You can only pick up a certain number of survivors, based on the size of your vehicle. While you may sometimes want to save everyone, ultimately you sometimes have to choose a location and hope for the best. Some survivors are also only found on the random encounters and so can be overlooked. It's worth helping them survive since you get a bonus at the end of the game.

Sadly it's not all non-stop fun and there are a few bad points about this game. This game is relentlessly hard, with no difficulty select screen. This means that if you're not careful, you will die many times until you learn how to move around properly and what areas are dangerous to be in. You can sometimes get away from walkers in buildings, but often you can get trapped and face an early demise.

Another gripe with many people is the game length. At most, the campaign mode can be completed in around 5-8 hours. In other games this isn't such a major problem, but since there is no multiplayer or co-operative modes of any kind, it's a big big problem. The ending is also a bit of a let down as it doesn't really fill in any gaps or explain anything of importance.

If you have the option of getting Dead Island then I would suggest that you try that game out first, as it's fairly cheap. Otherwise you could potentially get this game but I would say you should get it cheap, simply because of it's length and problems. It's still pretty fun at times though.
  10. Sep 16, 2013
    Maybe this is not a perfect game, but for me personally, it seemed interesting to me. The plot, it is not present, a set of disjointed tasks, after the first mission, you will no longer follow the plot, and in the middle of the game and did you forget what you are doing at a particular location. The gameplay is, to me personally it is not bored and tired, he certainly did not seem to me aMaybe this is not a perfect game, but for me personally, it seemed interesting to me. The plot, it is not present, a set of disjointed tasks, after the first mission, you will no longer follow the plot, and in the middle of the game and did you forget what you are doing at a particular location. The gameplay is, to me personally it is not bored and tired, he certainly did not seem to me a very varied but had a couple of evenings. Graphics, as you say in general, the game is similar to the first part of the Diablo drawn in Paint. Yes, maybe the price is too high and, yes can play and raw and made ​​purely for earnings, but nevertheless it can not be called bad, if only because it does not force you to throw chairs at the monitor Expand
  11. Dec 8, 2013
    Honestly do not blame the company they were clearly rushed to push the title out to shelves before the season ended Alot of good ideas poorly executed like having people in your group but only being able to tell them to go look for stuff while you risk your life alone. Do not understand why it was build as 2 brothers surviving together and all u see is merle standing outside the missionHonestly do not blame the company they were clearly rushed to push the title out to shelves before the season ended Alot of good ideas poorly executed like having people in your group but only being able to tell them to go look for stuff while you risk your life alone. Do not understand why it was build as 2 brothers surviving together and all u see is merle standing outside the mission zone. The water/food idea good but again poorly executed. Like the scavaging aspect AGAIN POORLY EXECUTED. Found myself running through majority of herds. The ability to choose your route is cool but should have been 2 endings 1for each route u took. BIGGEST GRIPE. You tell me I GET TO BE DARYL which is my favorite and lots of peoples fav. His signature weapon is what? THE CROSSBOW!....When do you get the crossbow....AFTER YOU BEAT THE ENTIRE GAME! Seriously!!! Co-op LESS BUGS and not being rushed so much would have gotten at 6or7 from me for at least trying to give us what you built the game up to be. for now A 5 OUT OF 1O & Lucky for it. Only positive is it is not 2 long has easy achievements for you hunters out there. and you do get some pretty bloody zombie kills and will get ur hands on a somewhat decent variety of melee weapons and slightly less variety of guns. UNTIL OF COURSE YOU BEAT THE GAME. cheap way to get replay value almost brought me to give them a 4 but To be honest a 5 to me means not total garbage & unplayable but not something i'd play multiple times over or recommend to people

My youtube has tons of gaming videos some for walking dead to search SAME NAME AS THIS PROFILE thx and xbox live guys add me Bluntz4breakfas

1. Jul 10, 2013
    After the excellence of Telltale’s The Walking Dead, it’s clear that Survival Instinct is the weaker of this species.
  2. PC Master (Greece)
    Jun 5, 2013
    What’s frustrating is that Terminal Reality, whether you believe it or not, had laid the foundations for an extraordinary game. WD:SI includes all the activities that a decent zombie survival game should have. [May 2013]
  3. CD-Action
    May 13, 2013
    None of its elements is done well enough. The combat system is primitive and slapdash, there’s practically just one enemy type with several skins and the level design based on simple greyish blocks is trivial. [CD-Action 06/2013, p.68]