8.5

1. May 18, 2011
    Truly one of the best games of all time... The combat is quick and satisfying the characters are as well developed and as brilliant as the story! A true successor to the first game
  2. May 20, 2011
    Even better than the 1st one...epic game, for me this is the best game of the year(2011)..greatest RPG ever.! Amazing graphics for this kind of game, stunning experience and nice story...enjoyable smooth gaming...!!!
  3. May 21, 2011
    Really nice game. I've never seen something better. It's just perfect! I think that it'd to be a game of this year. If you have not bought it you should repent
  4. May 22, 2011
    Very good game, good story, believable and likable characters, Great graphics and gameplay. Few minor glitches here and there but are only small and do not matter. I find the environment in which you play immerses you into the game very well, hearing mutters of a conversation as you walk past etc I will definitely play through again and again. Normally not much of an RPG fan, but this gameVery good game, good story, believable and likable characters, Great graphics and gameplay. Few minor glitches here and there but are only small and do not matter. I find the environment in which you play immerses you into the game very well, hearing mutters of a conversation as you walk past etc I will definitely play through again and again. Normally not much of an RPG fan, but this game has surely gotten my attention. I do not understand these people giving it a bad review, either they've got such a crappy system that they cant run it or are bioware nuts or just down right idiotic. This game takes the cake in the RPG genre Expand
  5. May 27, 2011
    Kudos to cdprojekt for creating this shining gem in a genre that is starting to become very stale and lowest common denominator. They've created one of the most enjoyable, beautiful, well written RPGs I've played in many years. If you're a true cRPG fan you need to play this game and the first Witcher as well. To those complaining about difficulty (including critic reviews), give it aKudos to cdprojekt for creating this shining gem in a genre that is starting to become very stale and lowest common denominator. They've created one of the most enjoyable, beautiful, well written RPGs I've played in many years. If you're a true cRPG fan you need to play this game and the first Witcher as well. To those complaining about difficulty (including critic reviews), give it a rest. Games used to be about using your head, learning mechanics, trying different things to overcome an obstacle, not crying because you can't "one-shot" everything on the first try. Expand
  6. May 20, 2011
    I'm not done chapter 1 but so far this game **** owns. Way better than DA2 and possibly GOTY for me.

There are minor complaints, but seeing as how they released an EE version of the witcher 1, I have high hopes they'll work on them. The game is absolutely stunning. The production values are through the roof, and the combat is fun and challenging. The music is as always in the witcher

The game is absolutely stunning. The production values are through the roof, and the combat is fun and challenging. The music is as always in the witcher series, wonderfully done. The cutscenes, the NPC interactions, the plot is all very engaging and interesting. There are tons of items, tons of neat places to see and things to collect and create.

The worst parts are easily: The UI (which has a very console feel), and certain aspects of the combat, but they overall are minor.

If I had to explain what this game is and what it stands for in the world of RPGs, it would be this.
    Wonderful.
  7. May 17, 2011
    This game is brilliant! Engaging combat, great story, awesome graphics, immersive surroundings, compelling dialogues, tasteful love interests... and I could go on and on with the praise, but I think I'll just go back to gaming.
  8. May 25, 2011
    Okay, so here is how it is. This game is about as close to perfect as it gets. On Gameplay...
    Combat is smooth as silk and very fast paced, and is actually fun compared to the QTE click-fest that was the first game. Changing (magic) signs on the fly with the new system makes for some intresting gameplay as well. The game places a high amount of importance of positioning for an attack, and using potions to prepare for a battle beforehand is useful however, not absolutly necessary. As a little note, the finishing moves are sweet to watch and the group finishers are even cooler.

On Graphics...
    Amazing. Some flaws exist when the characters (especially minor ones) are talking and the mouth movements appear to be a little "off". However the character models, environments, and overall animation make this game one of the most beautiful out there today. (Running on a 560ti+Q9650 with no problems @ a solid 60fps most the time)

On story...
    I won't spoil anything here but one thing did bother me, this was the "paraphrased" speech choices. about 25% of the time i unintentionally choose something that i thought meant something else. (Probably my own stupidity but i feel that the game could have been a little clearer on it.)

A minor note i want to make here with the game itself.
    Installation was a hassle for me. Apparently because of the overall size of the DVD (8g) i did have a problem because my DVD drive was unable to install the program past 75%. Again, not CDPROJEKT's fault but if you are using an older DVD drive, (even one that can read dual layer dvds) you may encounter a few problems. Also, registering the CD key was a pain. You may need to install the "offline" patch to get your game to work. (CD key will be entered and then nothing will happen, and you keep repeating the process, over and over...lol) So if you are a fan of RPG's, Interesting Stories, Fast-paced Game play, and seeing Triss naked i would definitely pick up the Witcher 2 (even if you haven't played the first one)
  9. May 22, 2011
    Finally we have a real game being released in 2011. I was beginning to give up hope. This game clearly shows that if developers just put some effort into their games, instead of releasing the same game every year, they can easily be GOTY. The graphics are spectacular, even on medium mode. The storyline, the characters and the environment are so amazing, the entire atmosphere made me getFinally we have a real game being released in 2011. I was beginning to give up hope. This game clearly shows that if developers just put some effort into their games, instead of releasing the same game every year, they can easily be GOTY. The graphics are spectacular, even on medium mode. The storyline, the characters and the environment are so amazing, the entire atmosphere made me get really into it. Combat is better than the first one. I sort of wish you could drink potions in combat, since that kind of makes sense, but whatever. Expand
  10. May 21, 2011
    This game can easily match it with the best non-linear RPGs out there. A dark atmosphere and adult storytelling set it apart from most other games of it's genre. Good and Evil are so close together when you make your decisions that there usually is no "good choice" - its mostly about choosing the "lesser evil" - and that choice is nearly 100% up to you - and yes: Choose your words poorlyThis game can easily match it with the best non-linear RPGs out there. A dark atmosphere and adult storytelling set it apart from most other games of it's genre. Good and Evil are so close together when you make your decisions that there usually is no "good choice" - its mostly about choosing the "lesser evil" - and that choice is nearly 100% up to you - and yes: Choose your words poorly and the game will instant-kill you!

With upgraded graphics it is a real beauty on a high-end PC. A tip for drastically improving performance is to turn of "Uber-Sampling" which makes the game unplayable on Single-GPU systems.

The only real problem I could find are some balancing issues that make the game's combat very hard while you are still try to learn it and gain your first levels. This is because the encounters do not scale with the players level. But it also means that game gets easier each level - which makes it almost too easy at the end (unless you skip all side-quests).

All in all the best RPG I have played since Mass Effect - even surpassing it (and I am a Sci-Fi fan). I did not encounter any game-breaking bugs/crashes but I had no sound with a 7.1 USB-headset. The game works at 5.1 and stereo though. Found no logic bugs either - sometimes a quest-NPC wasn't there but that was usually fixed by meditating 23 hours.

Any RPG-fan should own a copy of this game!
  11. May 23, 2011
    Far above and beyond any recent RPGs in almost all categories. The graphics are amazing, it runs very well, the story and character designs are amazing. However, the game is not without faults. While the combat seems somewhat mediocre, the glitches that accompany random parts of the game are frustrating at times. Looting can become a chore when you spend a minute trying to angle yourFar above and beyond any recent RPGs in almost all categories. The graphics are amazing, it runs very well, the story and character designs are amazing. However, the game is not without faults. While the combat seems somewhat mediocre, the glitches that accompany random parts of the game are frustrating at times. Looting can become a chore when you spend a minute trying to angle your camera right and walk around in circles mashing left click, only to realize you won't be able to loot it because of a future quest, or because its glitched. If you enjoyed the story/theme of the first game, this is a no brainer and must be picked up asap. If you enjoy RPGs, you will most likely enjoy this title at full price. Expand
  12. May 18, 2011
    One incredible game that you must definitely play. Very mature and smart text, nicely designed combat and stunning graphics. It is worth to play it more than once. That's for sure.
  13. May 19, 2011
    Behold! Game of the year! Also this title has become the new stress-tester for fast gaming PC's. I love the details, textures, people in the Witchers world, and the story. No spoilers. You gotta love it!
  14. May 19, 2011
    The Witcher 2 is an absolutely stunning game, offering a compelling and mature world filled with equally compelling characters. Visually breathtaking, deeply engrossing, and utterly enjoyable, The Witcher 2 may very well be one of the greatest RPGs of all time
  15. May 21, 2011
    In one word: GOTY. This is an awesome piece of art: gameplay, graphics and story are all on extremely high levels... simply wonderful. I think it is one of the best RPG of all time.
    Everyone who like RPGs should (i'd rather say "must") buy and play this game.

@ bioware trolls/fanboys: you are ridiculous: stop whining and trolling, DA2 is an epic fail, while TW2 will probably be a GOTY.
  16. May 20, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This definitely my candidate for Game of the Year 2011.. The best accion rpg... no drm and Free DLC.

Bioware fanboys rating this down xD .. My candidate for Game of the Year 2011. 10.0 asdasdsaddsada
  17. May 20, 2011
    I have no doubt in my mind that we are looking at game of the year here. Amazing story.graphics,music and fighting mechanics.this game imprves on everything that the witcher 1 done and the witcher 1 was an amzing game in its own right go do yourself a favour and BUY this game,you will not regret it
  18. May 21, 2011
    One of the best cRPG game I've played since I had a PC in 1995. Story is so deep maybe only Planescape: Torment can match it. Maybe. Graphic is something you just have to see: so far more complex places I've only seen in the real mountains in the real world. What the engine shows us is simply breathtaking. This is an absolute MUST-HAVE for anyone who likes RPG genre.
  19. May 21, 2011
    The Masterpiece. One of few games that make me forget that its just a game. I stop thinking about game mechanics - scripts, triggers, what will the game do if I do something. Detailed game world took me in completely. Thats how games are done and I hope other developers already see the long road before them :)
    Also I like very much that game doesn't treat me like a retarded kid. It's nice
    Also I like very much that game doesn't treat me like a retarded kid. It's nice to see that developer's goal was the quality, not earnings.
    Im glad I could pay them for this game!

PS. If Witcher 2 is so excellent, I simply cant imagine Witcher 3 :)
  20. May 21, 2011
    This is the real role playing game. You play the role of Geralt, monster slayer and it is so well done that you really feel as a witcher. This feeling of immersion is the greatest accomplishment of the game and you can see everywhere the work, which was done to give you that immersion. The characters, dialogs, living people, beautiful environments - all of that in other RPG games up toThis is the real role playing game. You play the role of Geralt, monster slayer and it is so well done that you really feel as a witcher. This feeling of immersion is the greatest accomplishment of the game and you can see everywhere the work, which was done to give you that immersion. The characters, dialogs, living people, beautiful environments - all of that in other RPG games up to date seems shallow compared to the Witcher.

The combat system is challenging though, and at the beginning the fights a little too difficult, and at the end a little too easy. But firstly - you play as a witcher, so you should have a skill for slaying monsters - and during the game you feel more and more being Geralt so in second half of the game you should be a killing machine - and you are. Secondly, if you don't like learning combat by Save&Load I recommend for the Prologue switching difficulty level to Easy, and in the 1st Act switching it to Normal.

All in all, the game is great. It gives you a great adventure, great story and a great, believable world to discover. And it doesn't feel as you were watching movie because you have to make difficult choices constantly and your actions really are meaningful. So if you want the best RPG game, you have it here - some minor glitches don't spoil the experience at all.
  21. May 22, 2011
    This game will be GOTY for sure. Best RPG I have ever played. Story is amazing and nonlinear, realistic choices, graphics looks awesome. I cant understood guys, who gives that games "0". And free DLC!
  22. May 21, 2011
    If HBO made a CRPG, it would be The Witcher 2. A wonderfully realized and textured dark fantasy world, with colorful adult dialogue that transcends the juvenile fare in many rpgs, reminiscent of "A Game of Thrones". Difficult decisions with no simple "good/bad" path spamming, have consequences felt down the road all through the game. Truly beautiful graphics with dynamic real time combatIf HBO made a CRPG, it would be The Witcher 2. A wonderfully realized and textured dark fantasy world, with colorful adult dialogue that transcends the juvenile fare in many rpgs, reminiscent of "A Game of Thrones". Difficult decisions with no simple "good/bad" path spamming, have consequences felt down the road all through the game. Truly beautiful graphics with dynamic real time combat that will see you flying around the battlefield dispatching foes with a dizzying array of lethal moves. Minor difficulty scaling issues can make some earlier parts of the game more challenging than they should be, but it wont be long before the game is making you feel like a true grandmaster of lethal, magically augmented swordplay.

RPG of the year, hands down.
  23. May 21, 2011
    Good: fantastic graphics, storyline, tactics in combat, characters, sound, awesome monsters Bad:doors!, sometimes buggy, ubersampling makes GTX 580 cry, too short-want more Awesome: Better than all off Bioware's kiddy console ports =P
  24. May 21, 2011
    Brilliant game just like the original The Witcher, After the disappointment of Dragon Age 2, i was losing hope in RPG but still hoping on The Witcher 2 and Elder Scrolls: Skyrim.

The Witcher 2 have restored some faith, if you have an high end computing system, i highly recommend it! Now wanting to play The Witcher 3 or an expansion, and loving Triss Merigold (Was their really a choice in

Now wanting to play The Witcher 3 or an expansion, and loving Triss Merigold (Was their really a choice in the game, i wont spoil), for future games Triss > Yennifer...

Great game, now waiting for 11/11/11 for Skyrim and news about future developments of the witcher.
  25. TMT
    May 21, 2011
    This game should get Bioware worried, maybe it already did if you look at the few over the top negative comments here. The Witcher 2 leaves the original Dragonage behing and Dragonage 2 is not coming even close. Please Bioware get your act together, you've been my number 1 game company in the world. But now my vote goes to CDProject & Withcer 2. Enough said.
  26. May 22, 2011
    Although I'm only a few hours into the game, I'm quite enjoying it despite a few bugs and a surprising difficulty. I've also found the story to be quite entertaining, while still understandable to someone who read the plot of the first game on Wikipedia, the day before release. It's also extremely pretty. Man oh man do I love me some pretty graphics, although it did take a little bit ofAlthough I'm only a few hours into the game, I'm quite enjoying it despite a few bugs and a surprising difficulty. I've also found the story to be quite entertaining, while still understandable to someone who read the plot of the first game on Wikipedia, the day before release. It's also extremely pretty. Man oh man do I love me some pretty graphics, although it did take a little bit of tweaking for it to run at 30 fps on my pretty good tier machine. I can run the game with most settings on with the exception of the hated Uber Sampling, and still get a solid 25-30 fps. Although I do believe the developers could have done a little more optimization, along with a little more bug fixing. Expand
  27. May 22, 2011
    This is a fantastic game. In having played many since Neverwinter Nights through Oblivion and Dragon Age 1&2 this is a great game. Its got a substantial story unlike just a good game like Mass Effect. The books around it are weak as they are around Dragon Age. These characters have a real feel of depth and richness and cruelty. The issues are complex. Some bits are really hard to getThis is a fantastic game. In having played many since Neverwinter Nights through Oblivion and Dragon Age 1&2 this is a great game. Its got a substantial story unlike just a good game like Mass Effect. The books around it are weak as they are around Dragon Age. These characters have a real feel of depth and richness and cruelty. The issues are complex. Some bits are really hard to get through and some battles a true effort. The gameplay is a delight and the graphics fantastic and fast. Its a pleasure not to have endless decisions about what is the character like. Its excellent value. Expand
  28. May 22, 2011
    Just completed the game and The Assassin of Kings has pretty much blown me away.

It looks like CD Projekt took the complaints about the first Witchers pace in the opening chapters to heart. From stomping around the outskirts of Vizima and running errands for the locals to taking part in the end-game of a siege and invading a castle as part of Foltest's army. Even the prologue is simply epic. There's definitely a flair for the cinematic in this game that was missing from the first, the animators and character designers really did a great job.

The combat system is easily one of the best yet out of any action rpg's I've played over the years. Aesthetically speaking this game is such a monstrous leap in quality over the first it's damned near absurd. The character models, the environments, the effects, the texture work, it's all so damned pretty. CD Projekt worked their asses off on this game and it shows. This game looks like it's something special. I wish every game had this much of detail.

It's running great even on lower end machines. There seems to be a bug with some drivers though, so if you are a nvdia user install the latest beta drivers WITHOUT the 3D drivers. Also don't activate ubersampling. It will bring even the beefiest system to it's knees.
  29. May 22, 2011
    This game is very good RPG. Beautiful history and super graphics, interesting quests, super gameplay and wonderful atmosphere makes it extremely. CD Project Red, good job!
  30. May 22, 2011
    This year is not over yet but for now this game is GOTY for me.As all mention it got amazing graphics , great story, this game is made with love and passion.Keep it up CDP
  31. May 22, 2011
    this game, is an amazing labor of love and I have not have that rpg-ish feeling since Ultima days(yes I played all recent rpgs). Back when Origin was the king of 'creating worlds', was superseded by Bioware, and now simply pwned by CDP. I hope CPD seeings that their efforts have paid off and continue making games of this caliber, the fans are all behind you!

as for Dragon Age 2, well

as for Dragon Age 2, well thats passe, you could read that lengthy interview by devs supporting DA2 decision again and its just all lies....they just lazy, ie fans will not buy DA3 on blind faith. However more interestingly is how Skyrim will turn out. Skyrim train is already in motion, so the milliion dollar question is did Skyrim dev pull a 'lets just better DA2 by abit, stupid fans will still buy it' or 'LETS MAKE A REAL RPG!'.

good times indeed for RPG fans.
  32. May 22, 2011
    A great piece of a RPG here. Combat is difficult at first look but when you get into it, it will you reward you with a lot of satisfaction (I`m playing on hard difficulty). It`s not simple hack and slash, you need to think a lot and use all the stuff you have with you to be successful. World and environment are beautiful. Thanks to the new Red Engine graphics will blow your mind if set onA great piece of a RPG here. Combat is difficult at first look but when you get into it, it will you reward you with a lot of satisfaction (I`m playing on hard difficulty). It`s not simple hack and slash, you need to think a lot and use all the stuff you have with you to be successful. World and environment are beautiful. Thanks to the new Red Engine graphics will blow your mind if set on high/ultra. But the ultimate flow of this game is the story. I couldn`t stop myself from playing just to see what will happen next. I hadn`t such feeling from times of Planescape Torment and Baldurs Gate. It`s sad to see games like that so rare now days. Recommended for every true ROLE playing gamer out there. P.S. Game has some minor issues but most of them will be patched soon I believe. Expand
  33. May 22, 2011
    This is a truly awesome game, one of the best cRPGs, I've ever played. I was sucked in from the beginning and simply cannot stop playing. The dialogues are the strongest part of that game. I laughed a lot! Action oriented game play is also something fresh in this genre. I enjoyed killing monsters and the bad guys a lot.
  34. May 26, 2011
    This definitely is Game of the Year 2011. One of bests game ive played after a long time, the graphics are amazing, everything is made with passion, so deep and immerse. TW1 is good, but TW2 is better in all aspects. Thank you CD PROJEKT. You are amazing.
  35. May 27, 2011
    This game is ART... and from gameplay view, it's the best RPG on the market.. how someone can rate this game from 0 till 4 is beyond me.. maybe you angry because a little company from Poland can make better game than the modern Bioware? The combat is the best in a RPG, it's hard, but that's the point.. it is a modern hardcore RPG, so live with it.. you can always read the manual or pressThis game is ART... and from gameplay view, it's the best RPG on the market.. how someone can rate this game from 0 till 4 is beyond me.. maybe you angry because a little company from Poland can make better game than the modern Bioware? The combat is the best in a RPG, it's hard, but that's the point.. it is a modern hardcore RPG, so live with it.. you can always read the manual or press the J button and read the Journal.. in the Prolog I died about 6 - 7 times on Normal and that just fine be me.. optimalization is perfect because i have a 3-year old rig, and i can play this game on High a almost everything on (except Ubersampling), with 25 - 35 fps, sometimes it goes to 20 and sometimes to 40 - 50 fps, so I'm very happy with that.. so people, please don't be lazy and play this game the way it's mean to be.. pay attention to Journal, don't just clicking all the time in combat like you would play a Devil May Cry game, but instead play with brain.. even if you don't like this game for some reason, you can't give this game less than 5 points from 10.. if you like hard RPG's, than this is the game for you Expand
  36. Jun 11, 2011
    I liked the game, but after playing it through once, I have not been able to muster up enough interest to play it through again. The balance is off. Combat in the early part, especially for the side quests in Flotsam are ridiculously hard, while the boss fights and combat in the later chapters is too easy.
  37. Jul 9, 2011
    Game of the year? Maybe... Rpg of the year? Hell yeah. The characters are intriguing, and the storyline is interesting to say the least. Geralt may be the single most badass protagonist ever made, and it becomes more and more apparent as the story unfolds. The graphics are phenomenal, sound is pitch perfect, and sound is top notch. Do yourself a favour and get this masterpiece immediately.
  38. Jul 1, 2011
    This game is the best game to come out in 2011. The good: Graphics are amazing, Voice acting is very good, Storyline is very intriguing. The bad - who am I kidding? nothing is bad in this game!
  39. May 18, 2011
    Good graphics, decent story line and most importantly, the game is generally IMPROVED over the last Witcher with more activitys to be involved with in the game. I was also happy how they improved the games load time and diffaculties. It could be harder but meh. I would give this game a 8.5/10 but seeing many DA2 fanboys created account after account to give DA2 a 10 and 0 for TW2 out ofGood graphics, decent story line and most importantly, the game is generally IMPROVED over the last Witcher with more activitys to be involved with in the game. I was also happy how they improved the games load time and diffaculties. It could be harder but meh. I would give this game a 8.5/10 but seeing many DA2 fanboys created account after account to give DA2 a 10 and 0 for TW2 out of FEAR that they don't have a grasp on what a real RPG is and are generally pathetic people, I will give this game a 10 to help offset their emo retardness a little. Expand
  40. May 18, 2011
    Wow, just wow.After we got served total failure under (false ) name of DA 2 , we now get true RPG and not some sim dating wannabee RPG click fest based on Twilight for puberty kids

Assassin of the kings? If kings are Bioware and DA 2 then it's so true. CDP don't get sold to EA like some others and keep up the good job...
  41. May 18, 2011
    I am writing this review as an honest appreciation for the work put into making this game a truly worthwhile experience

You know a game is well crafted when you after you play, you know it will end, and that you do not want it to end. I first registered this account to critique the terrible job DA2 did with its original franchise, now I am here in love with what the developers of The

I first registered this account to critique the terrible job DA2 did with its original franchise, now I am here in love with what the developers of The WItcher 2 did to their IP. I am actually captivated by the story, the gameplay requires thinking, and the voices are absolutely amazing. I am glad they did NOT try to make the main hero bi sexual, or a sarcastic baboon, and kept true to a badass RPG hero.

Thank you CD Projekt Red, I was originally pirating the game, but after being swayed by the universal acclaim it received here, I bought it on GoG and cacneled the torrent, and am glad I did
  42. May 18, 2011
    Truly fantastic game. It's a shame that some people are so unfair to post "0". The Witcher 2 is a feast for the eyes and for the brain. Fights are more difficult than in the first part, for the first time in ages I had to think before the battle what strategy to use. Brilliant!
    Everyone who don't like to fight can use "easy" and feel the wonderful world of the Witcher. Buy it it's worth it.
  43. Jun 6, 2011
    This games is a triumph. Also very different from it's amazing predecessor it is more focused, more epic and it gives you more choice while at the same time it makes you feel like a small piece of wood on a stormy ocean. After finishing it once i have immediately restarted it. And i feel the same excitement i felt when i first installed it. It is a once in a lifetime experience thatThis games is a triumph. Also very different from it's amazing predecessor it is more focused, more epic and it gives you more choice while at the same time it makes you feel like a small piece of wood on a stormy ocean. After finishing it once i have immediately restarted it. And i feel the same excitement i felt when i first installed it. It is a once in a lifetime experience that should be played by everyone. I would especially recommend this to young players despite it's mature content. It is a lesson about life and it s a lesson about gaming. What it was and what it should be. 10/10. GOTY. Best RPG of this decade so far! Expand
  44. May 18, 2011
    The Witcher 2 : Assassins of Kings is one of the best Action role - playing game ever made by human being. Ladies and gentlemen, here is a candidate for a game of the year.
  45. May 29, 2011
    After having just finished two different playthroughs of the Witcher 2, all I want to say is a big congratulation to CDP Red for delivering this masterpiece. RPGs have never been the same since the Witcher I but now thanks to its much more brilliant sequel, even our popular culture would never be the same again.
  46. May 18, 2011
    Wow. I actually said that out load when I started playing this game. I have the PC version and havnt yet tried the other console versions but I can easily say that the graphics are the best that I have ever seen. Blows Crysis, DAO(and 2) and even Metro 2033 out of the water. The "ubersample" settings are amazing and just make it even better, although be warned you need a bigtime rig. AsideWow. I actually said that out load when I started playing this game. I have the PC version and havnt yet tried the other console versions but I can easily say that the graphics are the best that I have ever seen. Blows Crysis, DAO(and 2) and even Metro 2033 out of the water. The "ubersample" settings are amazing and just make it even better, although be warned you need a bigtime rig. Aside from graphics the style of the game just drew me in. I was in that world, I was Geralt. I havnt beaten the game yet but the story is fantastic with some pretty amazing plot lines, characters and UNLIKE DA2 varied settings that make you believe. The interface was a bit clumsy at first but I have gotten used to it now and forging weapons, potions and adding upgrades seems easy now. This will win game of the year, unless the folks at Bethesda top it with Skyrim. Perhaps the people at EA(Bioware) can take a look at the Witcher 2 and understand how a gritty yet beautiful game is created. Expand
  47. May 18, 2011
    This is going to be GOTY in the RPG category. TW1 was already in a class of its own, but TW2 is even better. After the disappointing DA2, this is really an RPG you shouldn't miss.
  48. May 18, 2011
    This might very well be the game of the year. Love the mature story line. The graphics and sound are great. I loved the first game and this one is better.
  49. Jun 7, 2011
    I have really enjoyed playing this game surprisingly as I didn't enjoy The Witcher 1 very much. My poor computer has struggled to run this game on the lowest settings and don't get me started on how long it takes to escape to menu screen but apart from those problems I have enjoyed myself a lot. I really loved the many choices with lots of different consequences.

I loved the love scene

I loved the love scene with Triss, so romantic (sigh) I am so pleased there is so much replay value in trying to see what happens when I make this choice and so on...

Im going to score this higher than dragon age 2, even though Im really a Bioware fan I think the team that made The Witcher 2 did a much better job than the team that did DA2.

I love the detail in the armours and dresses, they are beautifully designed and really look practical and classy. The crafting is fun and my only problem is I wish i had some sort of money cheat as I would love to be able to buy everything I see in the shops! :D

Oh and the story is really good too. I think everyone should try this game out, its a lot of fun!
  50. May 27, 2011
    Forget all the haters After the patch and a few tweaks this game is shinning beacon of what a fantasy Rpg should be, deep engrossing and with good combat and voice acting.Oh (David Hayter) I could swear that's you is it you good work as Geralt. Let's admit it all games have their issues but being patient sure pays off ( patch is out now) i love this game what else is there to say I willForget all the haters After the patch and a few tweaks this game is shinning beacon of what a fantasy Rpg should be, deep engrossing and with good combat and voice acting.Oh (David Hayter) I could swear that's you is it you good work as Geralt. Let's admit it all games have their issues but being patient sure pays off ( patch is out now) i love this game what else is there to say I will play over and over 'till i get everything. Expand
  51. Jun 1, 2011
    Fantastic game, steep learning curve, but once you get the hang of how it works, it's a great rpg. Very mature game, and definitely made for adults, quite alot of smart thinking is required to survive and complete quests in this game. Highly recommend playing on the highest quality setting you machine will run, because the game just looks stunning.
  52. May 27, 2011
    The Witcher 2 manages to improve every aspect of the first game, and more. Gorgeous graphics (rivals even that of Crysis), well-written story, living & breathing game world, better character customization, more choices to make, and now with a new dynamic combat system. While playing this game, it will become very evident that the difficulty level is much harder than in most RPGs of today.The Witcher 2 manages to improve every aspect of the first game, and more. Gorgeous graphics (rivals even that of Crysis), well-written story, living & breathing game world, better character customization, more choices to make, and now with a new dynamic combat system. While playing this game, it will become very evident that the difficulty level is much harder than in most RPGs of today. I have longed for challenge for a long time in RPGs, so this is a very positive thing. The Witcher 2 feels very old school in its mechanics and difficulty, and brings the best out of it. Game world in The Witcher 2 is full of small details, showing the obvious dedication to this game from the developers' part. On top of it all, apart from perhaps the inventory UI, The Witcher 2 is very PC-friendly in all aspects. I do not hesitate to give it a 10. It's REALLY good for what it is. Expand
  53. May 18, 2011
    This is definitely the best RPG i ever played in my life and a candidate for Game of the Year 2011. The best of all is of course the story. It is great and non-linear, full of choices and great dialogs. Characters are deep and complex, even the commoners and their dialogs are perfect. Graphics are amazing too! Looks like they really did a good work with it. Since first play i know that isThis is definitely the best RPG i ever played in my life and a candidate for Game of the Year 2011. The best of all is of course the story. It is great and non-linear, full of choices and great dialogs. Characters are deep and complex, even the commoners and their dialogs are perfect. Graphics are amazing too! Looks like they really did a good work with it. Since first play i know that is game made from fans for fans. And from a real proffessionals. That is how should look modern rpgs! Also fantastic main characters and fight system... i can't wait until i'll play it again. Of course game has minor bugs, but no one of them interfere in the game. Witcher 2 have my full recommendation! Play it and see for yourself, you will definitely not be disapointed!! Expand
  54. May 18, 2011
    Truly a candidate for the GOTY 2011. Awesomely written dialogues, breath taking visuals and music and also really good combat. The story itself is deep, immersive, mature and, personally, I love some of the Geralt's sarcastic jokes. The first Witcher was awesome and this one is even better. The only minus I would say is the problem with GFX drivers (needed 275 beta driver off nVidia inTruly a candidate for the GOTY 2011. Awesomely written dialogues, breath taking visuals and music and also really good combat. The story itself is deep, immersive, mature and, personally, I love some of the Geralt's sarcastic jokes. The first Witcher was awesome and this one is even better. The only minus I would say is the problem with GFX drivers (needed 275 beta driver off nVidia in order to run the game... but nothing serious). As a Sapkowski fan I recommend this game to anyone who loves RPG genre.

After a big disappointment with Dragon Age 2, this game put DA:O of the RPG throne for me.
  55. May 18, 2011
    I have waited a long time for this game, and my expectations were very high. And now after playing Witcher 2, I can say that I'm satisfied with every aspect of this game. The Witcher 2 should become an example for other developers, what RPG game should be. In one word, it is masterpiece. I haven't doubt that Witcher 2 will be the game of the Year 2011.
  56. May 18, 2011
    The most beautiful game ever. The best RPG ever. Breathtaking masterpiece.
    This won't be classic. It is classic already. Mature story, great dubbing, pleasurable fight and complex quests.
    That's what I'm talking about!
  57. May 18, 2011
    Hello,
    i must say this is the best RPG game i have played for long time. Strong main character good story line. I can recommend this game to any one that loves rpg games! 10 for me
  58. May 18, 2011
    The non-linear storyline, fine sound effects, superb hard dynamical battles and awesome graphics: what else a good RPG game could require? 40 hours of game-play definitely makes the game even more intriguing.
  59. May 18, 2011
    this game is awesome this makes DA2 look like child's play. CDProject know how to make mature pc games i am having a blast playing this game I've heard people say that its too hard. It takes about 30 min to get used to the fighting style of the game the story is simply amazing and there is plenty of RPG elements to keep even the hardcore gamer happy if you haven't bought this game yet byethis game is awesome this makes DA2 look like child's play. CDProject know how to make mature pc games i am having a blast playing this game I've heard people say that its too hard. It takes about 30 min to get used to the fighting style of the game the story is simply amazing and there is plenty of RPG elements to keep even the hardcore gamer happy if you haven't bought this game yet bye it know i promise you wont be disappointed. Expand
  60. May 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is the best 4ever. I never saw more beautiful graphics. The story is excellent, non-linearity even knocks on my knees. This is a REAL rpg, and not what gives us the last BioWare ... I think that the fight for the title games of this year is quite probable. The Witcher is the game, what you MUST to buy! I get 9.9 9,9 Expand
  61. May 18, 2011
    I am speech less.Amazing graphics,gameplay,sound just everything is perfect except a few bugs this is one of the best games i have ever played in my entire life and i have played allot of games.Now we will see how skyrim turns out against this game and seeing how good skyrim looks this will be one hell of a battle between these two games.
  62. May 18, 2011
    One of the best games this year so far, its nice to look at and it gets better the more you play it, I didn't have a clue what I was doing first off but after a few hours the game play flows, there are a few bugs but they should get patched up at some point, a great game.
  63. May 18, 2011
    The best Polish RPG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And ( I think) the Best RPG of this year
  64. May 18, 2011
    Haters gonna hate...that is all. But apparently since "Your review must be at least 150 characters long" i'll just write one more line to reach 150.....
  65. May 18, 2011
    Najlepsza gra RPG w historii. Historia żywcem wyjÄ
  66. May 18, 2011
    Very solid game with stunning graphics and just minor flaws. So far the best fantasy action-RPG game of the year.

And you know, you can use here whatever nickname you want? So stop hating on Bioware. All those "Bioware" accounts are obvious trolls.
  67. SDF
    May 18, 2011
    The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is a fantastic, epic spanning RPG, worthy of any PC Gamerâ
  68. May 18, 2011
    The Witcher 2, a beautiful game with so far stunning story and charm. I have been enthralled by this game and will keep on playing it for a very long time, but every sky has its clouds and the Witcher has a few to be honest. The combat reworking is straight up nightmare sometimes, I lost count on how many times I wanted to attack something straight ahead of me in a mob just to have GeraltThe Witcher 2, a beautiful game with so far stunning story and charm. I have been enthralled by this game and will keep on playing it for a very long time, but every sky has its clouds and the Witcher has a few to be honest. The combat reworking is straight up nightmare sometimes, I lost count on how many times I wanted to attack something straight ahead of me in a mob just to have Geralt jump right into the crowd and get killed, also blocking can many times be way of or now even respond to you pushing the button making hit and run the only alternative. And at last QTE, **** them all.... the game was alot better before they put them in and to be frank they can come at you at very illogical situations (but I won't spoil them here).

But in the end The Wicher 2 is an amazing game and should be played by anyone with an intrest in RPGs. Bioware has a new goal to reach when it comes to putting a storyline together that ain't just black or white but rather gray just as in life, everything you do affects the world and sometimes the small things can have a lot greater inpact then the things you feelt important.
  69. May 18, 2011

This game takes the cake in the RPG genre.
  70. May 19, 2011
    The Good:

The Good:

The world is truly fascinating, the dialogues and the decisions you can make are very well implemented. The visuals, the music and the sounds give the game a really unique atmosphere, which is incomparable to any other games out there. Apparently, the story (along with the deep characters) is one of the strongest part of the game, it's quite interesting so far, something that makes me not to stop playing. And finally, the side quest are also varied. Most of them tell their own little stories, while others are the well-known monster killing ones. The inventory is definitely better than it was in the first game, it's more user friendly now. (e.g. easy to compare swords, armors [luckily, there are more of these objects now, btw]) The "Could-Be-Better":

I wouldn't say that the combat system is horrible, but it has its issues. It's more like an action game, but - fortunately - still tactical and often challenging (however, sometimes frustrating). The AI is rather stupid at times. The foes either stand idly in front of you waiting for smashing their heads off or simply forget you if you move away a bit. The controls are reasonable although blocking doesn't always want to work properly for some reason. Besides the combat system, there are several annoyances such as: - looting (can't pick up enemies' swords / unnecessary use of the medallion) - drinking during meditation only - no move while blocking - camera issues (difficult to loot / speak) - doors, climbing...(rather awkward and immature) - weak stealth elements - dice poker (I loved it in the first game so much, now I almost hate it. I think there were no need for throwing the dice manually. I barely like anything about it - physics, sounds, design of the board.)

Well, these were my thoughts of 'The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings'. The negative side may seem huge, but these cannot destroy the overall splendid game experience. Fret not, it's a game that should be an example for many other developers. And if the problems will be fixed in time, it can be an easy 10/10.

My opinion can change later, since I only played the Prologue and Act I. [Thank You if you read it through!]
  71. May 19, 2011
    Hands down the best rpg I've played in years, far far better imo at least then dragon age origins, and blows dragon age 2 out of the water.

They talk about choice in other games but yet to see one that can diverge as much as witcher does.

Is it 100%? no it has flaws, some people have trouble running it I hear, though as luck would have it i'm not one of them.
  72. May 24, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I decided to make an account to give a fair review of the game (Iâ Expand
  73. May 25, 2011
    The best game of 2011 so far. TW1 was the best RPG since old Interplay games, TW2 even better.
    Designers need to be praised in all the ways, they did fantastic work, amazingly beautiful game!
  74. May 25, 2011
    Just finished it for the 1st time and I know I'll do it at least once more. It's not perfect, still the best game I've played for a long long time. The Witcher's world is a beautiful place with amazing sights (the graphics is jaw-dropping), but far from a fairy tale. It's a cruel, complex world with vivid characters and great non-linear storyline. And it's true: it's not for those whoJust finished it for the 1st time and I know I'll do it at least once more. It's not perfect, still the best game I've played for a long long time. The Witcher's world is a beautiful place with amazing sights (the graphics is jaw-dropping), but far from a fairy tale. It's a cruel, complex world with vivid characters and great non-linear storyline. And it's true: it's not for those who cover their ears when someone swears, or close their eyes while seeing naked woman (or man) in a movie. It's an adult game including strong language, sex scenes and really mature approach to the in-game reality. But if it's acceptable in Hollywood blockbusters, why wouldn't it be in computer games? Expand
  75. Oct 18, 2011
    Absolutely fantastic and my personal favourite for the GOTY-title.
    The world is rich, voice-acting is perfect, facial animations are great and the combat is fun and fluid, though not really challenging. What is challenging, is the choices you have to make which will change the game-world decisively.
    One of the rare games I care to pick up twice to see more of it.
  76. Oct 5, 2011
    Witcher 2 is one of, if not, the best experience I have had with gaming in 2011. After playing through and enjoying Witcher 1, I knew this game would not disappoint. The graphics are better, the combat is more refined, the plot and character interactions just keep getting better and better. Definitely worth the purchase for anyone into WRPGs.
  77. Jul 11, 2011
    Phenomenal! In my opinion one of best RPGs ever. After the first Witcher, I was afraid that CD Project, will listen to voices calling to make game more suitable for younger audience. To soften language and make Gerald's actions less violent. Yes, there were such opinions, even press articles (of course, it was not gaming press).
    Praise the heavens, CDP stayed the course. Geralt is exactly
    Praise the heavens, CDP stayed the course. Geralt is exactly how he should be. At the beginning, the game seemed to me to be too short, but after finishing it for the second time, immediately after doing it for the first time, I don't have this feeling anymore.
  78. Oct 7, 2011
    The Witcher 2 is an exceptional RPG. The story itself is long and extremely well written, it's executed perfectly, it's almost readable like a book. The combat is fun and challenging as much as it is rewarding. The atmosphere is lush and graphically impressive. What this game doesn't have is a character creation system. But guess what-- it doesn't even need one. Geralt is an indefinitelyThe Witcher 2 is an exceptional RPG. The story itself is long and extremely well written, it's executed perfectly, it's almost readable like a book. The combat is fun and challenging as much as it is rewarding. The atmosphere is lush and graphically impressive. What this game doesn't have is a character creation system. But guess what-- it doesn't even need one. Geralt is an indefinitely example of a real character, he's simple minded, charismatic and strong willed and he's one hell of a monster slayer. Expand
  79. Sep 3, 2011
    maybe (hopefully) i'll up my score once the update 2.0 get released but as the game is now (v1.35), it is horrible. i loved the first one (a 10/10 for me) and shelled out for a second graphics card just to be able to play witcher 2 with max details. turns out - that's not the biggest issue.
    now - i don't even care (much) about gamedesign choices. i'm not particularly fond of the combat redesign (i loved the combo system - and hate those cinematic instantkills in witcher 2... they're fun a couple of times but it gets old real quick...) and i don't like how especially the main characters have become run of the mill action heroes (in terms of their physical design) instead of the humble looking geralt and the graceful looking triss from the first part.
    but... the story is still there and most features work nicely. so... nevermind those "minor" issues.
    BUT (!!!) the game is so bug-ridden, it's not even funny any more. i've talked about it with a friend who has also been a gamer for around two decades and neither of us has ever played a game with so many bugs that were there consistently. sure, you'll get the odd bug here and there in games. but e.g. the block system is completely screwed up (at least in v1.35, geralt doesn't always block if you hold E - you have about a 50/50 chance that he will actually do it), the medallion is supposed to highlight objects you can loot/interact with but again about a 50/50 chance that it will also highlight things you can't do anything with and much more (look at the technical support forum on the official website if you want a whole list...).
    there have been quite a few games that were criticized by gamers about having been rushed and letting gamers do the beta (and sometimes it maybe even feels like alpha) testing. i never read something like that about witcher 2. and i wonder: why?!
    (still looks gorgeous and most things WOULD be there. hence the still 8/10... i really hope they'll fix these things)
  80. May 13, 2012
    Fantastic game. Your decisions actually affect the story line (unlike some other disappointing rpgs of late). Combat is vastly improved over the first. The plot is a little complex on the first play through, but see it out and it all fits together nicely. I've only liked a few rpgs as much as this, defiantly fit to grace the shelf along with Morrowind, KOTOR, Mass effect 1.
  81. Jul 18, 2011
    Finally I completed my second Witcher 2 playthrough. So now I feel like I am competent enough to review this game. Now the main marketing focus was the non-linear story, and that is what I would like to concentrate on. I feel like non-linearity in games is like choices in the matrix... as long as you have the illusion of choice, it is good... Now, do I feel, that the non-linearity in theFinally I completed my second Witcher 2 playthrough. So now I feel like I am competent enough to review this game. Now the main marketing focus was the non-linear story, and that is what I would like to concentrate on. I feel like non-linearity in games is like choices in the matrix... as long as you have the illusion of choice, it is good... Now, do I feel, that the non-linearity in the W2 lived up to it's hype? No.
    Do I believe, that this is the most Non-linear Game ever made (with nice graphics at least...)? Yes.
    The devs have been bragging about the 16 endings, now... does this really qualify as 16 endings? Let's go with a Mass Effect comparison: you have like 12 companions, each one can be (dis-)loyal at the end, each one can be disloyal and each one can die. Now ask your selfs: How many possible ending-scenarios would that be: more than 400 plus destroying collector base or not and you can double that number. So the final outcome of the Witchers Non-linearity is not THAT amazing and it comes down to who lived, who died. JUST as in Mass Effect 2, or is there more to it?
    Well there is more to it, because the game is not about the (over-hyped) endings. It is about the various ways your journey will go, to get you to the one ending with 16 variations. And that is the ground by which the Witcher 2 dethrones EVERYTHING that has come before it!
    BioWare games go like this:
    Go to location 1. Fight. Choose A or B.
    Go to location 2. Fight. Choose C or D.
    FINALE which is impacted by decisions from locations 1, 2. The End -with trillions different WRITTEN endings in DA:O -with 2 different animated endings in ME1 -with one ending in ME2
    Now, I am not saying this is bad. I love me a good BioWare game, loved all of them besides one... you know which. But: Enter the Witcher 2.
    You get to choose one of (OMG!) 2 different paths to get to the 1 ending (with 16 variations). Now that still does not sound very non-linear. Just two? Well, for one thing, THAT is already twice as much as any other BioWare game. Those paths are not just side missions, they completely change the location, the characters, the quests, the tone, it is COMPLETELY different. Playing it the second time around I felt like "touched for the very first time". OK, but let us get to the question no one asked. Are both paths equal... most comments I read, said the elven story is better and although both were engaging and fun I have to agree... if you choose to go with the Elves it seems there is simply much more to it. I recommend to play both paths, because they are both great. BUT the Elven story is definitely stronger in it's narrative!
    So in the end... is this the holy grail of non-linear RPG? No
    But it IS the closest thing anyone has come close to.
    Now the other thing: Save game import... Is it done great? Does it justify playing the earlier game just to get different starting scenarios?
    Well ask youself: DO YOU LIKE THE EARLIER GAME? If no... than you might miss out most in the Mass Effect franchise. If we are talking about Dragon Age the import is really under-utilized here. The Witcher is somewhere between those 2, closer to the DA. The save game import is not really a very sophisticated function and it really needs to grow.
    OK let's talk about sex!
    I am sorry I am comapring this so much to BW, but BW is my favorit company, so I know their games. In both ME and DA the sex seemed more explicit in the first ones, then in their sequels. The Witcher goes the other way... is it better because of it?
    I have heard praises as wall as critiques, here is my take on this:
    The sex cards were a stupid concept... but well executed. The soft-porn scenes are a better concept... but they are not that well executed. The voices, the sounds, the whole audio in them seems badly done. The editing is not exactly top. But I support sex in games. Best sex scene ? ME1 then Heavy Rain then The Witcher2!
    OK, so lets cut to the basics, and lets get to the end of this. The Witcher 2 has lots of bugs, which annoy, but do not destroy the it!
    The Witcher 2 has 2 big patches which make the above statement just 40% true!
    The Witcher 2 gets free DLC with every patch!
    The Witcher 2 has great combat,
    The Witcher 2 has one hell of a great story, which seems to really find it's ending in the next Witcher... or the one after that...
    The Witcher 2 is simply one great game and I accomplished not to
    mention up to now the beautiful locations and all around graphics...
    Is this the official dethronement of Bioware? No.
    Is this the official dethronement of Dragon Age? No. Dragon Age committed
    suicide in my opinion...
    This is just another top notch RPG... and we do not get many of them! So
    buy it... play it! And than buy all Dragon Ages... and than go buy Mass
    Effects... And Deus Ex... and Elder Scrolls... and Fallouts... (although I never liked the last two... ahh well.. here comes Skyrim, will give it a chance) RPG needs to live! It needs you to buy it! In all its forms!
  82. Jul 4, 2011
    Played, just finished 1st time so time to score that game. Requirements&Graphic: It works very good - no visible issues for me(but have not checked frame rate) when played on CoreDuo E4300 1.8@3.2GHz, GTX275, 4GB RAM 800MHz, SATA2 HDD, SATA DVD. Latest available BIOSes and drivers. Screen resolution 1650x1080 TW2 patched v1.2 and set on ULTRA predefined graphic settings butPlayed, just finished 1st time so time to score that game. Requirements&Graphic: It works very good - no visible issues for me(but have not checked frame rate) when played on CoreDuo E4300 1.8@3.2GHz, GTX275, 4GB RAM 800MHz, SATA2 HDD, SATA DVD. Latest available BIOSes and drivers. Screen resolution 1650x1080 TW2 patched v1.2 and set on ULTRA predefined graphic settings but ubersampling off and texture size 1 lever down from predefined on ultra.
    To use all option you really need top graphic card and fast QDR proc. but if your PC struggles there is a wide range of parameters you can modify and play on old machines comfortably.
    Quality? It is already stunning with my old PC. Locations are great and polished. Millions of details.
    Probably one of the best if not the best looking game in last years. Uff, it happened that I stopped many times just to watch the river, trees, dwarf city... - it is simple 10/10 here. Instalation&Stability: I hated TW1 for crashing and was slightly afraid of TW2 as heard that it happened that it crashed. TW1 almost killed me with loading times even between small locations. Nothing like that with TW". No waiting for new location being loaded at all. 1 crash across whole game. Instalation process was fine (but quite long). It found patch 1.2 already and added it automatically. No DRM stupid protection - CDP - I love that! SO again 10/10 Gameplay I loved TW1. A little complained about act s3&4. Understood pacing with controls but not fan of that. About TW2? Long introduction act but I needed it to fully get use to new controls. Steering is different - In my opinion more arcade like but I found better then in TW1 It is closer to consoles. Fantastic middle of the game. Slightly to short for me : last act. But it is only visible because previous acts are great. Many people mentioned here already about non-linear scenario, no bad-or-good-guy decisions. Yes, all of this It is really complicated, you do thing you find as good ones and consequences are bad somwhere else later. And it is for adults for sure. Not because of nudity but real violence, language and racism. But it is there not because of that the game is for adults so it should be there. It is there as the world which is there is like that - just f.. juicy.
    I liked all of this. I do not usually play RPG games many times. I am afraid I'got stuck with this one for a little longer.
    And additional opinion : My wife does not play RPG games at all.Too long and boring for her. When I played TW2 she spend a lot of time watching it and she says now that she would like to try this one! But after I finish TW2 second time ,maybe third.
    Gameplay 9.99/10. my VERDICT 10/10 and GOTY so far. Not only cRPG. GOTY. A few words to guys who put 0-5 marks: Guys you must be really jealous as you competitor CDP has made better game then you!!! Starting from 6(or 7) probably you have people who played that game and are not involved in dirty games (to lower copmpetitiors scores). Look at the scores - you can see hundreds 9-10 marks, very few in the middle and just bunch of idiotic 0,1,2. I really appreciate achievments of big players on the market but since now I know that I always have to lower your games scores and increase small producers' ones. Just because you play dirty. This game is already sth like Baldurs Gate or Planetscape Torment. Must have for RPG fan.
  83. Jul 20, 2011
    Outstanding, breathtaking RPG! Non-linear deep story, awesome characters, great atmosphere, interesting gameplay, improved combat system and really difficult choices will not let anybody to go out from the screen till the end. This game is fun as hell.
  84. Jul 20, 2011
    I great game, very fun to play with a nice, non linear story with lots of choices, enjoyable combat and pretty graphics. But it's in no way perfect. Half of the time I'm wondering around looking for this thing I'm supposed to find or person to talk to for a quest, for me, a lot of things were hard to find, and the interface was pretty bad, just drinking a potion takes ages and I must haveI great game, very fun to play with a nice, non linear story with lots of choices, enjoyable combat and pretty graphics. But it's in no way perfect. Half of the time I'm wondering around looking for this thing I'm supposed to find or person to talk to for a quest, for me, a lot of things were hard to find, and the interface was pretty bad, just drinking a potion takes ages and I must have only used the Cat potion (night vision) throughout the entire game, they're pointless. Player training pretty much sucks, since the tutorial page for what you wanted to do only appears after you've done it, for example, I had no idea what to do with these 'mutagen' items, double clicking them only tells me I can't use them in that menu, but refuses to tell me where I do use it. It was only nearing the end of the game I found out that you apply them to specific character upgrades once you level up. In chapter 1 there is a decision that decides which way the game goes, meaning picking the first option gives a completely different way to reach the end, while I did enjoy the game, I probably wouldnâ Expand
  85. Aug 5, 2011
    A great example of how to make an engaging fun and epic roleplaying game. Bioware should take notes...
    The graphics are outstanding. The combat is fun. It is more real time hack and slash (as opposed to "tactical" with pause and issue orders). The crafting system is similar to all the other games: mix ingredients and get a potion or item.
    The quest and story are engaging. Even

The quest and story are engaging. Even the cut scenes are great. Over all it has a cinematic feel to it.
  86. Aug 9, 2011
    Best RPG this year! Despite several nedastatkov, this game is much larger than the competition! I advise everyone bows role-playing and creativity of the Polish writer!
  87. Apr 10, 2012
    The enchanced edition game (2.0) is really great. The Arena mode gives you the opportunity to practice fighing skills (and fighting is really dificult). The story is intriguing... Great and complex game !
  88. Nov 19, 2011
    W2 is amazing. In almost every detail. It has the depth that most of today's games lack. It tries hard where most of his competition is lazy to the point of absurd. And the most important one - this one is for the adults. Don't get me wrong. It don't see anything wrong with a teenager and W2. Feel free and enjoy. All I'm saying is that this game is, IMHO of course, more rewarding to theW2 is amazing. In almost every detail. It has the depth that most of today's games lack. It tries hard where most of his competition is lazy to the point of absurd. And the most important one - this one is for the adults. Don't get me wrong. It don't see anything wrong with a teenager and W2. Feel free and enjoy. All I'm saying is that this game is, IMHO of course, more rewarding to the older audience. It's like good ol' days are back in one of the most beautiful visuals ever.

But! About the game: visuals are, as stated before, stunning even on lower settings. It's playable on a bit older rigs and kudos to the CDPR for that. The characters aren't one-dimensional, just like almost every decision you make in this game. The outcome is different everytime, but I had trouble picking my road for this experience (darn you CDPR for the time limit for that! :) ) more than once.

The story blooms with every step you make, except the finale which looks like someone in the developer studio overslept the script, suddenly woke up, looked at the clock and yelled: "sh*t, it's almost complete. wrap things up and let's call it a finale!"
    I know that W3 is coming and it'll probably end in a better fashion, but nevertheless - such game deserves a better ending (and the final decision about your enemy... god dammit, the idea itself was awful!).

Apart from that, there are no major flaws in this game You want to give it a second or third spin.
    It's a journey worth taking and admiring. Really. Stop once in a while and look around you. If you've got a decent gaming rig, you'll do that more often than me and will be mesmerised.

All that was wrong in W1 turned out good here, all that was good there, went excellent here. This is how a proper sequel should be made. Kudos CD Projekt Red - a job trully well done.
  89. May 8, 2012
    A great game with unparalleled, stunning graphics, uniquely deep, breathtaking story, amazing music, and horrible interface and silly single-character centered combat, this envisioning of a dark medieval fantasy is definitely something to visit. There is little equal to this as far as characters, world lore or storyline are concerned. The RolePlay factor is very high - while you do not getA great game with unparalleled, stunning graphics, uniquely deep, breathtaking story, amazing music, and horrible interface and silly single-character centered combat, this envisioning of a dark medieval fantasy is definitely something to visit. There is little equal to this as far as characters, world lore or storyline are concerned. The RolePlay factor is very high - while you do not get a sandbox world, your characters decisions reshape the storyline completely, creating a much more branched story tree than is the case with "open world" RPGs such as Skyrim. But do not expect a flawless experience: the combat is boring, interface needlessly complex, inventory downright unusable - results of a minor studio trying to do too much at the same time. It plays much, much less smoothly than, say, DA:O, but it is much deeper and less fantasy-generic. Simply put, value-for-money: if you're shopping for an RPG at the bargain area of less than 20EUR, do not hesitate for a second. Even if you set difficulty at easy and just breeze through the branching story, it is absolutely worth it. Expand
  90. Apr 27, 2012
    This is one of the best game I have ever played. I played the enhanced edition, and everything is as good as expected. The only thing I can complain is the game sometimes crashes, but with the design of their quick save button, I'm sure people will learn to save more often to minimize the misfortune. Although it isn't as long as the first Witcher, which lasted around 45 hours, Witcher 2This is one of the best game I have ever played. I played the enhanced edition, and everything is as good as expected. The only thing I can complain is the game sometimes crashes, but with the design of their quick save button, I'm sure people will learn to save more often to minimize the misfortune. Although it isn't as long as the first Witcher, which lasted around 45 hours, Witcher 2 still tells a good story with it's shorter length. Expand
  91. Apr 21, 2012
    Best cRPG i ever played in a long time. Story is great and nonlinear, choices are great, graphics looks amazing! That is what should looks modern rpgs! Also fantastic characters and fight system. Unfortunately game has minor bugs, but it doesn't matter. Act3 is maybe too short, but Witcher 2 have my recommendation!
  92. Apr 26, 2012
    Overall, very decent game, but it falls short on a few places, mostly when compared with Witcher 1: STORY: mostly political, with fantasy pushed aside, and for those who read the books very predictable. the big plus for the story is how it manages to be both personal for Geralt and worldly at the same time. Another plus are the decisions, which shape the story in amazing ways and matterOverall, very decent game, but it falls short on a few places, mostly when compared with Witcher 1: STORY: mostly political, with fantasy pushed aside, and for those who read the books very predictable. the big plus for the story is how it manages to be both personal for Geralt and worldly at the same time. Another plus are the decisions, which shape the story in amazing ways and matter more than in any game ever. Minus for its lenght though, very short when compared to Witcher 1 or Dragon age, and quite predictable as said before. It falls very shot of NWN2 Mask of Betrayer, not to mention PS: Torment. RPG ELEMENTS: Decision consequences is a strong plus, witch make this an absolutely unique game. Combat doesn't though, and it fells very clubsy at times, unlike Witcher 1. The world feels alive and every action you take during the main or side quests realy matters, locations are amazing, the characters are decently written and most of the times dialog is not boring. GRAPHIC: biggest enemy of this game. Yes, its spectacular, but if the time and money spent on graphic was used elsewere, say expanding the personal aspect of Geralts adventure (the Wild Hunt), we would have without much doubt the best RPG since Baldurs Gate 2. FINAL: Not bad at all, but from combat to interface to overall gameplay we have witnessed the fall of cRPG genre since Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 2, and it seems CDPred is taking the same highway to hell as BioWare (read EA), even if it may be a slower and more unintentional ride. Expand
  93. Jun 4, 2012
    Awesome game. Characters are colourful and deep, the environments and monsters are exquisite, the story enthralling, the game-play engaging, although it be a bit repetitive if you want to finish all the side-quests (but that can be reduced by doing some planning before heading out). All in all probably the best game I've played since the nineties. I just wish I'd bought this a bit earlier,Awesome game. Characters are colourful and deep, the environments and monsters are exquisite, the story enthralling, the game-play engaging, although it be a bit repetitive if you want to finish all the side-quests (but that can be reduced by doing some planning before heading out). All in all probably the best game I've played since the nineties. I just wish I'd bought this a bit earlier, as the experience was worth more than the 30 euro I paid - a novel experience these days. Expand
  94. TSB
    Aug 24, 2012
    One of the best games I ever played . The witcher 2 gave me every thing great story with different way to end fantastic graphics enjoyable gameplay and very good soundtrack maybe if it had more bosses fight it will be a perfect game I really wish that I could find similar game to the witcher and I'm whiting for the new the witcher game .
  95. Sep 7, 2012
    If your PC can graphically handle the Witcher 2, you will experience some of the best visuals to date. Be forewarned that this is not an easy task, the game has some of the most demanding requirements. I did not play the original Witcher so I really didn't know what to expect, what a pleasant surprise this game is! -- Story (9): The beginning is a little slow but once your rolling theIf your PC can graphically handle the Witcher 2, you will experience some of the best visuals to date. Be forewarned that this is not an easy task, the game has some of the most demanding requirements. I did not play the original Witcher so I really didn't know what to expect, what a pleasant surprise this game is! -- Story (9): The beginning is a little slow but once your rolling the Witcher 2 has an extremely rewarding story, strengthened by some of the best voice acting I've seen. Your character, the Witcher, is kick ass and his personality and actions are epic. -- Graphics (10): If your machine is adequate, this game has some of the best graphics around. Better than Skyrim on max settings , the visuals are breathtaking, every city and surrounding area is a pleasure to look at. -- Sound (9): The environments, the voice acting, and the effects from spells, skills, and fighting all sound really pleasing. Your character also participates in conversations, making the whole experience more realistic. -- Gameplay (10): Even though everything else here is so good, the gameplay is where the Witcher 2 shines. Some of the best controls I've used for an action RPG, they are extremely smooth very adaptable. The fighting is also superb, addressing all the problems presented in games such as Skyrim. No more generic 3rd person hack and slash, your moves are fluent and responsive. This game also presents a challenge, be prepared to save, die and try again. -- Endgame (8): Multiplayer support would have been great but it's such an epic single player experience that it suffices. There have been numerous support updates and an "Enhanced Edition" with more content is now offered. You will be very satisfied with the starting content itself, this is an adventure that will take some time and effort. Overall The Witcher 2 has been an extremely refreshing addition to the "action-RPG" genre and will make for an extremely awesome addition to your gaming collection. -- Overall: (9) Expand
  96. Sep 9, 2012
    Very good game with awesome graphics and main story. This game si in many ways better than Skyrim. A must buy if you like witcher books. This game is same quality like them.
  97. May 21, 2011
    A breath of fresh air after the disaster of Dragon Age 2. Bioware should be ashamed at how poorly DA2 compares to this game. In all metrics Witcher 2 is superior. To say nothing of the aesthetics. Witcher 2 is a man amongst boys.
  98. May 17, 2011
    Best RPG i ever playedBest RPG i ever played !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  99. May 19, 2011
    I can only say - wow... This game is the best game in this year. At now I am in end of act 1 and I am curious next storyline. I dont believed, so people can give this game 0. Ok - mayby 9,8,7 but not 0... I hope this is a begining of new era of rpg games. Mayby other studios (yes yes - its You BIOWARE) will do titles as good as The Witcher 2.
  100. May 17, 2011
    Great story, realistic characters, nice graphics, wonderful locations and fun gameplay. Certainly surpasses not only Dragon Age 2 (by far) but Dragon Age 1 and and Mass Effect 2.

101. Jun 17, 2011
    After a few of weeks with Witcher 2 I'm basically in awe of the effort put in here by the developers. The graphics are the best I have seen in a game as simple as that, from environments to the texture on armour and weapons, its actually a joy to just exist in the world and be immersed. The art direction is perfect as well, the world feels real in a sense. Lighting is amazing, rightAfter a few of weeks with Witcher 2 I'm basically in awe of the effort put in here by the developers. The graphics are the best I have seen in a game as simple as that, from environments to the texture on armour and weapons, its actually a joy to just exist in the world and be immersed. The art direction is perfect as well, the world feels real in a sense. Lighting is amazing, right through the weather effects and day night cycles, sound is also perfect from the wind blowing in the mountains to a creature attacking from behind making you jump out of your skin.

I can see how some people may find combat too hard, if you simply charge in you need to be skilled up, which you can do but it takes time. Witcher 2 forces you to think about combat, you need to develop tactics and these vary from situation to situation. Personally as I've levelled up and chosen my skill path I've been able to develop my own style of play and this depth has made combat a really rewarding experience. There's always a risk of getting wiped out and it makes fights really visceral. Excellent finishing moves are also worth a mention here, should be in every game.

What else, quests are complex and some of the best I've seen, story branching forces you to make tough choices. Crafting actually feels like its something you want to do and tends to be a challenge. The humour is great, runs super smooth with no crashes or bugs in general.

Definitely a strong game of the year candidate.

1. Pelit (Finland)