8.5

1. Jun 3, 2011
    >It's an RPG without stupid looking armor and sword floating on your back
    >Non Linear your Act 2 will be completely different depending on your choice in Act 1 new map quests
    >Dynamic Lighting, Extremely detailed Textures
    >Story and choices are gray meaning not Good Vs. Evil
    >The game doesn't hold your hand like a child
    >Combat is challenging
  2. Jun 6, 2011
    I would give it a 9.5 if it were possible, but it's not worth a 9. Witcher 2 is an amazing rpg, though it does have minor flaws that disrupt the almost-seamless world and character animation. Graphics are out of this world--hot! PC game companies sharing the industry with console better beware, Witcher 2 is PC-made first (though will be on console later), and it is striking. The atmosphere of the world is as addicting as Metro 2033, questing is fun, and the story is exciting. Definitely try this game! Expand
  3. Jun 7, 2011
    I've been really impressed with this game. Unfortunately, I have not played the first part, and after the epic fail of DA2, I don't expect too much, but it appears that the game is interesting, beautiful and it is really RPG with carefully considered and worked out world. I hope it'll be the game of the year.
  4. Jun 9, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. very good maded history, there is some technical bugs like a thievery the houses, high rigs requirements, no possibility to drink mixtures durring fight so you have to be prepared for all the time , poor equipment, no tutorial so for me it was annoying think to have full equip and dont know how to use it, specially mixtures, very hard fight against many even week enemies, etc... but the story and great music compensate thoose thinks, ANYWAY it was so close to made PERFECT GAME..... Expand
  5. Jun 10, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Excellent game, one of the best i've already played, explendid graphics, easy gameplay, and also the characterization of each character, good repertoire of questions and answers, considerable difficulties with enemies and the bosses, too. engaging story and well-distributed. Im my opinion The Witcher 2 will be on the top 3 rpg's of the year Expand
  6. Jun 12, 2011
    The witcher 2 is certainly a great improvement and worthy sequel of the original game. There really isn't much to say that hasn't already be said. Visually (if your PC can handle it) it's one of the most beautiful game I've seen for awhile. As for the gameplay itself, there is a learning curve in the beginning, but it would only get easier. I for one enjoy the difficultly of the game because it require you to think and be wary of your actions. Simply put, this isn't Star Wars force unleash where you can dive into 50 enemies and comes out unscratched. For those new to RPG, I recommend turning down the difficulty but trust me, that in the end you will actually feel a sense of accomplishment. The only bones I have to pick with this game is of the story narration. If you're not familiar with the background story, even if you played the original game you would feel lost often because there are simply just too many names being thrown around. I had to read up on wiki and play the game a few times just to understand everything involve. The gameplay itself isn't perfect either. When in battle, sometimes it's very difficult to target a single enemy even if you lock on them. Also, the inventory interface is just too clunky and should be sorted better. If you picked up too many items, especially junk item, it's a pain to find it in your inventory to sell/drop them. Overall despite some of these problems, it does not take much away from how good the game is. I will not spoil anything but this is one of the few games that requires multiple play-through to fully enjoy everything the developers have put into it. In conclusion, this is a must buy RPG game. Expand
  7. Jun 14, 2011
    Excellent graphics , terrible combat . I was looking forward to this , hoping combat will be better , as I remember the awful witcher 1 controls . There is an illusion of open space , but the game is always played in narrow spaces . I hated the minigames also , they lack purpose , and kill immersion . Atmosphere is ruined by its many flaws , and all that is left is great visuals . Not recommended . Expand
  8. Jun 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great adult-themed story. Deep and memorable characters. Meaningful choice and consequence options. Interesting and challenging combat and character development. Tons of replay value. Perfect score and voice acting.

Patch 1.2 solves most of keyboards responsivness during combat and quickitem slots problems.

Eager to see some DLC that continues the story.
  9. Jun 19, 2011
    One of the best RPG of the decade. Keep in mind that I don not have a powerful pc. But I was able to play smooth for almost all the time. Good work CDPPR!
  10. Apr 20, 2012
    Absorbing, dynamic, witty dialogs, gripping, multithreaded story, non-linear quests, absolutely stunning graphics, variegated main characters, great cut-scenes, pretty opening and ending, adequate music, setting based on the series of great novels, completely free DLCs and enhancements, energetic, tactical fighting system and several annoying bugs. Eventually, one of the best role-playing games ever made! Expand
  11. Oct 15, 2011
    I played the first Witcher for a bit. Liked it, but it didn't have enough to see me through to the end. For me though, Witcher 2 is a different thing. The story and the world is so complete, it is like playing an adventure game, but instead of solving puzzles to get to the next chapter you need to go through some challenging real time combat.

The hero is not a one dimensional RPG hero. It
    becomes apparent that the Witcher is a part of the human comedy. Waking up on the river bank after a night drinking with the soldiers, you have been stripped of your possessions and you cant remember anything. You have to pay a visit to the madam at the brothel to find out what you were trying to do with her whores. As you are walking out you hear "Punch his lights out!" from the fistfight in the corner of the inn. As you climb the stairs, someone is vomiting into a tub. One of the professional reviewers mentioned it is a game best played slowly. It is indeed, I savored every moment. Expand
  12. Jun 24, 2011
    one of the best games i've played in a very long time.
    this in ways reminds me of the original fable, which is one of my all time favourites. the world is not open by any means, but almost feels as though it is. the storyline is amazing, and it's told in such a great way.
    the characters are faultless, i love the dwarves. the minigames are alright too, dice poker, boxing and arm wrestling.
    a little bit on the easy side. but the ultimate freedom to choose, and have your decisions influence the story's progression is excellent. love the combat system. this wont get GOTY because of battlefield 3 and mw3 being released in october/november. but it really should.

as far as rpg's go, this is one of the best
  13. Jun 25, 2011
    I don't even know how long I have waited to play this game and I have not been disappointed. It's different to 1, and I still remember everything from 1 it was that epic. I have had to really play again, its the days of old where a game punished you for getting it wrong. I had to prove I can play to get further. The storyline is epic and minor issues I have are minor, the overall experiance has been awesome just like witcher 1. Expand
  14. Jun 28, 2011
    Miles above from DA2 and the few other new released RPGs, this game is what i call a worthy RPG demigod. Storyline feels as solid as the first if better and the depth has been driven further in making sure that you feel that you are really playing every part possible in char development. I tried DA2 and got bored in like 5 hours, this one i have already filled up 20 hours, i am taking my time in working my way through this one. Money well spent. Expand
  15. Jun 28, 2011
    With amazing graphics and fluid gameplay, I am glad to have bought this one. As a fan of the first game, i was very excited to see this in the coming. I pre-ordered it the day that it was announced. The story here is one that will be remembered through gaming history. This could easily be game of the year, or best RPG of 2011. I implore those who love long adventures and great gameplay to pick this one up. Expand
  16. Jun 28, 2011
    An amazing piece of fantasy RPG art. Visually stunning, engaging combat, a fair amount of area to explore and a strong visceral atmosphere. Easily the best Fantasy RPG out this year if not since Oblivion. From looking at the bad user reviews (as there really are not any scathing critic reviews) most of these folks probably couldn't handle the challange of the game. For the first time in quite a while I found myself actually challanged by the quests and some of the bigger boss fights. Occasionally you have to search around to find quest solutions i.e. there isn't a stupid arrow on your map or god-forbid a golden trail and the more significant boss fights require preparation and strategy. This game stands out as a solid PC game that for me at least doesn't feel like a console port, which many recent games have. Highly recommended if you are a fan of the genre at all. Expand
  17. Jun 30, 2011
    Though I had some difficulties with the first part of witcher, which resulted in not finishing it, I still can say that it was an above average game. However the situation changes drastically with the second installation of the game. Witcher 2 is a superb game in every aspect. Storytelling, Music, Atmosphere, Characters (I won't say that they are the greatest I have ever encountered but they certainly are enjoyable and at least i can remember there names, which is not the case with all RPG games). I played this game on lower medium (or even minimum) setting but still found it highly enjoyable, I cannot but envy those who will go through this game on maximum settings. Though I highly enjoyed this game, it goes without saying that there are downturn as well. there are some technical glitches, which i believe can be fixed by patches ( I read that if you have steam account 9 GB, yes 9 GB of patches are available for you). Another problem for me was that, though as mentioned above I enjoyed story I did feel that I was not getting the whole picture all the time, there were to many names, to many kingdoms to whose background I was not introduced, but it did felt me with desire to read books and to get stronger grasp on the world of Andrzej Sapkowski. Expand
  18. Jul 1, 2011
    This game has been done perfectly. I love every aspect of this game including the graphics and controls. Well thought out by the makers. I totally recommend this game even at a 49.99 price tag. You will not be disappointed. This game should get the Game of the year award. They have seriously done their work and made the game correctly.
  19. Aug 17, 2011
    Desik's review and score of a 1 is exactly what i would expect form the new lazy gamer generation that doesn't have any idea how to explore. All they want is everything handed to them with cheat codes and guides. This games setupa nd mechanics are a greta throw back to the old days of gaming and keeps well with the old witcher game.

If you are a WoW kiddie who has to have everything
    handed to you on easy mode than don't play this game and go back to WoW please. Expand
  20. Nov 6, 2011
    This game is really great.I'm a fan of RPGs and I am delighted that I had the opportunity to play the witcher.Witcher 2:Assassin of Kings is amazing!Witcher 2 is an epic adventure with a beautiful, modern graphics.Graphics, which crushes other RPGs.This is an absolute favorite game of 2011.I highly recommend The Witcher.
  21. Jul 7, 2011
    The Witcher 2 presents a strong story and is wrought with opportunities to make choices that deeply impact the gameworld. However I feel that the gameplay has several flaws. It was an improvement over the first game which had a rhythm based combat system, but didn't take it all of the way. Drinking potions only during meditation was silly, also potions were far less useful. The difficulty standards of the game start very, very high but the game becomes easy a little more than halfway through, even on hard. Fortunately for all of the flaws, the gameplay remains fairly fun. I think that hard difficulty should have disabled combat rolling. There are a few sequences when it is disabled and they show that it would've fixed most of the issues with difficulty curve. Another issue I had was the story seems to taper off much too quickly which was the opposite problem of the first game which was long, but for all of the wrong reasons. I feel like there should have been one more chapter.

But even with those issues it blows any and all contemporary competition out of the water as a ROLE PLAYING game. The world of the Witcher is the most immersive I've experienced since the first two Fallout games. The characters are great and memorable, the environments are visceral and memorable, and the graphics are great. But more importantly the art and area design makes the graphics shine even more brightly, producing a visual experience that is clearly second to none. Easily a 9/10, certainly should be up for GOTY, certainly WILL be RPG of the year.
  22. Jul 11, 2011
    Phenomenal! In my opinion one of best RPGs ever. After the first Witcher, I was afraid that CD Project, will listen to voices calling to make game more suitable for younger audience. To soften language and make Gerald's actions less violent. Yes, there were such opinions, even press articles (of course, it was not gaming press).
    Praise the heavens, CDP stayed the course. Geralt is exactly
    how he should be. At the beginning, the game seemed to me to be too short, but after finishing it for the second time, immediately after doing it for the first time, I don't have this feeling anymore. Expand
  23. Jul 18, 2011
    Contrary to popular belief, this game isn't actually the best thing since sliced bread. Though, yes, it is a good game. Its visuals are, especially compared to its competitors, stunning. The story is gripping, and will make you want continue playing - if only the gameplay will allow it.

It is the gameplay that's the real problem of this game, and which will at times leave you frustrated.
    Some people say that the Witcher 2 is too hard, too difficult. It's really not; it's not so much difficult as it is tedious. Combat situations have to be resolved exactly in a certain way - or you'll die a horrible death.

Without spoiling too much; the first large boss you'll encounter will require you to do do the same combat maneuver three times, after which you are forced to slam whatever button appears on your screen, after which you're left to find the one spot where you won't be killed [without there being a clue where this spot is, though I believe they are planning to fix this].

More generally, the combat never gets really challenging; it's the same duck, roll, attack from behind throughout the game in order to defeat your foes. There are spells, but more often than not you'll be wearing your shield spell, which in turn prevents you from using your other spells too much.

All in all this is a good game, but it's not as great as some people make it out to be. While you may want to keep playing in order to see how the story will unfold, the gameplay will more often than not make you search the web frantically for game guides, so that you'll know what maneuver to use on the next boss, or worse it might make you feel like you just need a break from it. And this is the problem for me; no good game should ever make you feel that you need a break from it.
  24. Jul 20, 2011
    The only reason I considered giving this game any points were its incredible graphics but that's about it. The lack-luster combat of this game killed this game for me. Luckily I was able to check this game out at a friends place so didn't had to spend any money. I have so many other games to try that I usually move on if the game doesn't hook me from the onset. Witcher 1 hooked me right from the prologue and I really liked its more simplistic and fun combat. Witcher 2 combat just didn't grip me atall. Geralt has went from a master swordsman to a novice it seems, rolling, avoiding attacks, parry, have to be using signs, no auto-target; basically getting his behind kicked most of the times. Combat is as essential element for me (perhaps even more) as story and graphics. So the boring, somewhat hard and poor combat system was the end of Witcher 2 for me. I guess people prefer this complexity in fights I surely don't so I moved on. Hopefully Witcher 3 will have a better combat system that appeals to a broader audience. Expand
  25. Oct 12, 2011
    This was an unbelievably sweet game from start to sequel point! I'm one too wait patiantly for good expansion's to arrive! But with downloading the 2.0 patch after already completing; I think now I'm going to do some personal Investigating....
  26. Aug 2, 2011
    Great game, one of the best of the year. Excellent graphics and visuals, good story and excellent atmosphere. The game play is very good and after a while you forget you are even playing a game. Choices in the game will effect the overall experience and enhance the replay value. Also; it is nice to see more non linear games coming out.
  27. Aug 3, 2011
    i have to say im very disappointed with this game. it prides itself on lots of choices and plot strands, but thats all there is. the acting is hammy, the fighting is repetitive, and all the bad language and nudity in the world wont make up for that. i really tried to like this game, but it got to the point were i didnt care at all what happend and felt no reason to keep playing...
  28. Aug 12, 2011
    Compelling story and incredible visuals marred by buggy combat mechanics and tedious quests. There's no denying that the Witcher 2 is one of the best looking games to date. Trees, grass, and urban textures and objects are rendered in great detail. Depth of field and lighting effects are also put to great use. The story is also quite good, allowing you to choose a morally complicated path that appears to have real effects down the line in true Witcher style. Unfortunately the combat mechanics are incredibly buggy, which leads to lots of frustration and reloading. After several patches (up to 1.35 currently), which improved the combat from unplayable to merely terrible, the biggest issue remains sign casting. For no apparent reason, signs will often fail to cast in the middle of combat: For example, with vigor to spare, Geralt will simply stare out into space as you repeatedly hit the hotkey for Quen. Jam it enough times, though, and Geralt snaps back into action. This makes battle outcomes feel random: get lucky and signs cast on the first or second attempt and you can win easily, but if you're unlucky it's time for another reload. Beyond this, combat is okay though very imprecise and unsatisfying.

Quests, especially during the middle chapter, can be unbearably tedious. Quest indicators on the big map are buggy and sometimes direct you to the wrong location, and the big map is sometimes difficult to decipher, so you should be prepared to waste lots of time running (or rolling) around in circles, looking for some non-obvious path or fork. Also, the minimap is dark and utterly useless, so you'll be pulling up the big map every 30 seconds for a fair number of quests.

A few additional notes: the looting aspect of this game is poorly developed--the mechanic itself is awkward and there's very little incentive to pick things up and sell or use them--and equipment upgrades are pretty limited. These are defensible design choices, but they have an adverse effect on replayability.

In sum, Witcher 2 has the story and graphics to make it an excellent interactive movie, but with respect to gameplay, it leaves much to be desired.
  29. Aug 25, 2011
    Honestly one of the best RPGs i've played in the past 10 years!!! absolutely phenomenal story, pacing, characters, and the graphics are out of this world without hogging your system! i'm playing it with the latest patch (1.35) and haven't encountered any bugs so its solid.:) The first game i actually regret buying on sale cause its worth every penny @ full price! A work of art definitely. Fromt he beginning its a AAA experience. I'm almost near the end and man its epic! Excellent job to the developers!!! Expand
  30. Aug 28, 2011
    Wow! That was the first thing I thought when I started my first play through of The Witcher 2. Going from the meh animations and graphics in The Witcher 1 to the breath taking graphics of The Witcher 2 instantly tipped me off to how great this game was going to be to play. I donâ
  31. Sep 22, 2011
    One of the best RPG games ever. Possibly the best looking game ever, with a great story and voice acting. Amazing replay value, and an improvement on the original Witcher, although its a shame it isn't longer. The last chapter is far too short. Brilliant combat system, which is easy to get the hang of. I don't understand why so many people have complained about it.
  32. Sep 28, 2011
    Bardzo dobra gra RPG. W dobrym uniwersum. Jedyne co byÅ
  33. Oct 4, 2011
    A great RPG game that is worth your money. The story is great, it looks amazing and it runs very smooth without any technical issues thanks to the never-ending support from CD Projekt RED.
  34. Jan 27, 2012
    Amazing game. A Fantastic mix of Assassin's Creed and Oblivion. The combat system is better than Oblivion. My prefer game of 2011.

PC version uses DirectX 11 API and no DRM.
  35. Oct 16, 2011
    The Wticher 2 is simply one of the best rpgs in recent history. You owe it to yourself to at least try this game! Being an independent studio (for the most part) really shows in this day and age of gaming. CD Projekt RED have separated themselves from the (albeit generally slow) pack of RPG developers, creating something heavily story driven, complimented by arguably one of the best fully real time battle system in an RPG, whilst still retaining all of those good ol' rpg elements of quests, crafting, etc... Oh yea, and the graphics aren't half bad either. Expand
  36. Oct 31, 2011
    The Best RPG ever! Dark and serious, completely breaking candy-fantasy style of most RPGs present on the market. Characters are real and true, with all personality aspects. Dropping idea of good vs evil for decisions and consequences is just the best what can happen to RPG game. Balance of different type of quests is a state-of-art and fighting system are demanding but not discouraging, one can feel like the real witcher. Graphics is just amazing. Small -1 for soundtrack, only because the first Witcher has done it better and a little bit, too short story. Great job! Expand
  37. Nov 5, 2011
    Good graphics but very buggy game overall with poor support. Game was basically unplayable and my specs/system are well above min requirements. Have been able to play other games without difficulty but this one was junk. Wait for something with less bugs.
  38. Nov 17, 2011
    This is the game of 2011, and one of the best games ever, only TW1 comes close to this miracle. This game has no flaws, I played it 8 times, and I'm itching for more.
  39. Feb 11, 2012
    The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is a fantastic RPG Pros: -Amazing, jaw-dropping graphics (granted that you have a rig that can run it at max settings)
    -An RPG with "gray area" decision-making, no definite good, bad, neutral
    -A political, dark, mature plot -An immersive, beautiful world

Cons: -A somewhat disappointing and seemingly rushed 3rd act and ending. The first two acts were,
    in my opinion, one of the best in RPG storytelling.
    -Gameplay that becomes much, much easier as you go farther into the game. A must buy for RPG lovers and a very high recommendation to those who show the least bit of interest in this game.
  40. Nov 21, 2011
    Never been much of a fan of fantasy settings but The Witcher 2 had me intrigued and subsequently totally won over. Now here is a fine example of great story telling and immersive gameplay paired with lush eye-candy and a haunting soundtrack. Looking forward to the next instalment once I finish with this one.
  41. Dec 1, 2011
    Absolutely astonishing. The narrative is the best I have ever seen in the RPG genre - maybe apart from the original Witcher game and a few BioWare products. The gameplay and fighting is hardcore but fun, and it's really satisfying to best the toughest opponents - even though the bosses are often comparatively easy to beat. The realistic depiction of a medieval world not filled by generic NPCs, but with believable human characters, is just great. Add the breathtaking graphics and you've got yourself the RPG of the year. Sorry, Skyrim. Expand
  42. Dec 30, 2011
    Huge disappointment......

I was quite fond of the first The Witcher (2007), and had some expectations from its sequel... But the only good improvement I could find it's the faster saving!!!...

Graphics - cartoonish, eye-strayingly tiresome; The main character looked better in Witcher 1, he had more distinct personality Gameplay - completely broken; interface itself makes you wanna throw
    the game away, unintuitive inventory and skill system... Combat is unsatisfactory and, though real-time, made me prefer a good D&D instead... And considering I hate D&D...

Story/atmosphere - insipid, been there done that; no real moral choices, only the struggle for political power between different-skins-same-heart cartels... Your main character is no longer the independent, lone wolf hero with a distinct neutral alignment from part 1 in 2007. Now he is no more than the king's lackey. When his boss says : "Witcher, jump in that junk pit!", the "hero", with a placid, resigned, inexpressive countenance, responds: "Yes, Sire. How deep?" ....

Probably the main aspect that ruins this over-hyped game is its complicated, uninspired, clunky interface: the small fonts, the chaotic convoluted item/skill categories, the bleary tutorial...

This game is exactly what a true good modern game SHOULD NOT BE...
  43. And
    Jan 3, 2012
    I loved it, playing on the highest difficulty the first time (not the no-save one) and learning the game from scratch was an immensely satisfying experience, the combat is fast and fluid and you never feel like you've taken a cheap shot, it's always your own fault when you get wounded and I loved the game even more for it.

As someone who only read one book in the series (the game is based
    on a series of books by a famous Polish writer A. Sapkowski) I was stunned how well portrayed the characters were.
    Story wise it follows a few of the standard western cliches but overall was quite engaging and kept me well entertained all the way through, have to commend them for the fact that they integrated the story so well with the world that no previous knowledge of witcher 1 was required to enjoy it.

In short, an extremely enjoyable game who's only flaw is the inventory system but last I heard there are mods that fix that flaw so I can only recommend this game to anyone that enjoys good RPGs.
  44. Feb 18, 2012
    The best graphics. Es un gran juego, tiene una historia adulta, y un juego como ninguno otro, te gustará mucho, pero sin duda, perdió la magia de su precuela.
  45. Apr 13, 2012
    The passion and the dedication put into The Witcher 2 is evident even in the menus and loading screens. This is a project of love from CD Prokekt RED that radiates and stands out among a mass of bland and standard RPGs. The combat is a throwback for older gamers that love slower-paced, albeit more rewarding game play. The action is constant, the adult themes are complex and appreciated, and the presentation is flawless. This is one of the best looking games I've seen in years, rivaling larger AAA studios. I can't wait for the next installment. 10/10. Expand
  46. Apr 17, 2012
    Truly fantastic game. It's a shame that some people are so unfair to post "0" without any serious reason. The Witcher 2 is a feast for the eyes and for the brain. Fights are more difficult than in the first part, for the first time in ages I had to think before the battle what strategy to use. Brilliant! Everyone who don't like to fight can use "easy" and feel the wonderful world of the Witcher. Buy it it's worth it. Expand
  47. Apr 24, 2012
    I have given The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings:
    A technical score of 85/100
    A personal score of 10/10

Fore more details and the full reviews, please go to the following link
  48. Apr 26, 2012
    Overall, very decent game, but it falls short on a few places, mostly when compared with Witcher 1: STORY: mostly political, with fantasy pushed aside, and for those who read the books very predictable. the big plus for the story is how it manages to be both personal for Geralt and worldly at the same time. Another plus are the decisions, which shape the story in amazing ways and matter more than in any game ever. Minus for its lenght though, very short when compared to Witcher 1 or Dragon age, and quite predictable as said before. It falls very shot of NWN2 Mask of Betrayer, not to mention PS: Torment. RPG ELEMENTS: Decision consequences is a strong plus, witch make this an absolutely unique game. Combat doesn't though, and it fells very clubsy at times, unlike Witcher 1. The world feels alive and every action you take during the main or side quests realy matters, locations are amazing, the characters are decently written and most of the times dialog is not boring. GRAPHIC: biggest enemy of this game. Yes, its spectacular, but if the time and money spent on graphic was used elsewere, say expanding the personal aspect of Geralts adventure (the Wild Hunt), we would have without much doubt the best RPG since Baldurs Gate 2. FINAL: Not bad at all, but from combat to interface to overall gameplay we have witnessed the fall of cRPG genre since Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 2, and it seems CDPred is taking the same highway to hell as BioWare (read EA), even if it may be a slower and more unintentional ride. Expand
  49. May 24, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Awesome game it has every thing I hoped for, I really loved to play ioverth's path off course roche's path was also good but the characters and the epic story in ioverth's path blows out the kadweni champ and roche himself , Graphics of the game are outstanding and gorgeous, This game is highly recommended for serious gamers causal gamers might find the game a bit hard but its epic you will know once you start playing. Merits : Absolutely epic story , Graphics ,Characters, dialogs.(Almost everything in the game). Cons : Traps were bit boring and were not that friendly but bombs were great, The interface of the game could be made better (Save system's and Inventory management) . -All the dlc's (Including the EE patch) with extra quests and extra items were absolutely free and the developer seems to show a great respect for the fans and customers. Well its really great for us customers. Overall : A must buy for serious gamers. Expand
  50. Jun 4, 2012
    Awesome game. Characters are colourful and deep, the environments and monsters are exquisite, the story enthralling, the game-play engaging, although it be a bit repetitive if you want to finish all the side-quests (but that can be reduced by doing some planning before heading out). All in all probably the best game I've played since the nineties. I just wish I'd bought this a bit earlier, as the experience was worth more than the 30 euro I paid - a novel experience these days. Collapse
  51. Jul 25, 2012
    It is beautiful. The game play is fun and challenging. And most of all, the story line is extremely addictive. I can't wait to play this game 2 or 3 times more over.
  52. Aug 9, 2012
    Una Joya de estilo Accion RPG que tiene que estar en su estanteria de Steam o de juegos si o si!! Te sumergiras en la atrapante historia de Geralt de Rivia, te enamoraras de el encanto de Triss Merigold y deleitaras una ambientación conmvinada con unos graficos de infarto.
  53. Nov 4, 2012
    I do not understand this game. The "action" is slow and boring and the story didn't interest me whatsoever. Just moving around the world is clunky and feels like an interactive (bad) movie.
  54. Dec 6, 2012
    Good game to play and complete,
    Cons in my opinions are:
    -Poor animations during dialogues
    -Boring combat gameplay
    -Storyline progression not than entertaining
    I'm looking forward the developers next game, Cyberpunk 2077.
  55. Aug 19, 2014
    This is a MUST if you enjoy games with a solid story and incredible combat mechanics. Very few bugs compared to your usual RPG. Sound and graphics are top notch. Only game better than this is Fallout 3, which are unrealistic standards...
  56. Jan 4, 2013
    The Witcher 2 is a great game. The story is compelling memorable characters, great combat mechanics, great environments, and on top of all that your actions truly matters.
    CD Project Red (the company behind TW2 & TW1) truly cares for their customers, they continued to develop the game, and added an expansion, polished the game and all for free.
    I wish them the best in their future
    projects, cause they are the true light in the recent years, and i swore an oath to them. Expand
  57. Apr 3, 2013
    This is the best CRPG I played from a long time. First, the gameplay (fights, alchemy, magic) is quite good and fun. Second, the story and characterization is excellent. The graphics are stunning. Plus there are choices that matter, which is rare in a CRPG these days. Really good stuff.
  58. Apr 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. played this game 4 times to challenge most of difficulties and to see all possible endings...can't wait to play the third chapter.
    the plot is intriguing since the very beginning of the game, all characters are well studied and created whit different own personalityes. the combat stile can be hard to understand at first but when learned give a lot of satisfaction, combining magic potions and swordskill. i appreciated the quest when i got drunk and i had to find all my armor again xD and loved all other quests where i could choose how to end them.
  59. Apr 25, 2013
    This is a wonderful game and can be found on Steam for 16 bucks. Pretty high PC standards for top quality graphics. The mature content is refreshing since this is a classic RPG. the only negative is unfamiliar with the world history or characters if you have not played original Witcher. The learning curve is pretty steep and it is a difficult game which not a bad thing. Later.
  60. May 14, 2013
    This is truly one of the best games I have played in a long time. If you are a fan of fantasy and adventure games you will definitely love this game. It is stuffed with adventures and great role playing aspects while the story is very catching as well.

Please do yourself a favor and learn the game. It might be a little tough to begin with but when you get used to the controls and the
    tactics you will not let this one go. And it look stunning too.. So what are you waiting for? Expand
  61. Jun 26, 2013
    Purchased this game because of a Steam sale the other week, do not regret it! I would have paid full price. It is certainly one of the best games I have ever played.

Story 9.5/10
    Game play 9.5/10
    Graphics 9.7/10

The only problem I had was a few bugs here and there, but they weren't game breaking. Over all I give this game a 9.5/10.
  62. Jan 4, 2014
    This game has really nice graphics but the combat system is just plain unbalanced and the huge boss fights often defy normal video game logic and trick you with false weak spot attack oppurtunitys and then kill you in some mysterious ways (like with electro shocks).

You will often find yourself facing enemys that have unfair advantages over you like infinite and complete blocking of
    your melee attacks while you have your mana depleted with every single block or being forced to take serious damage even while blocking. The lack possibility to heal yourself properly during fights and the lack of the ability to use your much needed potions during fights is just plain annoying.

The game forces you to either drink potions the whole time to be prepared if there is a fight coming and thus wasting your often tedious gathered ressources for potions or you will often find yourself in an very unbalanced fight and in the desperated wish that you could drink your potions.

This really killed the game for me because this is not genuine fair challenge but often annoying trial and error.
  63. Feb 17, 2014
    Great game cutscenes are enjoyable and an overall pleasant story make this game a must have! Combat is also likeable and the graphics are quite good and visually appealing.
  64. Oct 26, 2013
    There is no such thing as a perfect game, but Witcher 2:Enchanted Edition is really close to perfection. The first Witcher was a good game, but now it looks silly when compared to Witcher 2. In Witcher 2, combat is challenging and awesome, AI is clever, you are actually motivated to play on higher difficulties (new weapons, armours and finishers), multiple endings, choices that actually matter, interesting gameplay, skill tree etc. The only downsides I can think of is somehow messy inventory management (apparently, it was even worse before EE) and one stupid (and the worst) side quest. That's it. You can buy it for a reasonable price of 20 dollars on GOG, so there is no reason not to buy it. Expand
  65. Nov 9, 2013
    Best RPG I have played in a while. Incredibly engaging, beautifully crafted and really well planned out, this game is staying on my PC's hard drive for over a year and most games I have haven't even made it that long. I never got bored of Geralt of Rivia and his adventures.

The story of this game is really mature and incredibly engaging. Throughout the game I have made the choices that
    I would make in real life if I would be put up under same situations and that got me really engaged in the story. Plot twists really make sense and keep you engaged. I have completed almost all quests including side quests and I am still playing the game. :)

Graphics-wise Witcher 2 beats most RPG Games. I still can't believe it is a game from 2011, the graphics like that are only getting improved because of next gen consoles. Beautiful areas such as Ruins in Flotsam are really good to look at, just stand and enjoy the view.

Fighting is some of the best fighting I have seen. Geralt is a true sword master, but if you're not careful you will get him killed easily. You have to plan out and think about the fights. Different characters such as normal soldiers are easy to kill, but then you get more armored knights or even bosses which will kick your butt if you just jump in and fight.

The only problem was the lack of tutorial. I had to find out the controls of the game until half-way of the story for me to actually remember them. Some things I still cannot use after over a year of playing this game. The accents for English aren't the best either. Polish language is so much better in the sense of acting, because of the character and realism.

Overall 10 out of 10, really recommended for any RPG fans. Amazing story, graphics, fighting mechanism and really well executed overall.
  66. Feb 15, 2014
    Bought this game from steam because it was on sale for 3,99€ and i got to say i haven't been disappointed. At first the game felt quite complicated, but once i got the hang of it i really started enjoying it. I would definitely recommend this game for anyone who likes rpg games.
  67. May 13, 2014
    I'm extremely impressed by the storyline, which provides an in-depth plot as well as myriad choices directing your own individual outcomes. The game-play is basically masterful; the ability to wield two weapons is surpassed only by the number of spells and approaches to battle, not to mention varied enhancements in the form of alchemy, formulas, and drinkable potions. I would've liked to have seen more moves available, but that's simply not the style they were aiming for. The music is also quite well done.

My only real qualm with this game is the graphics. The graphics seen in the trailers are truly immaculate, but you're required to have a phenomenal gaming computer to utilize the settings to provide those graphics. The minimum requirements will provide you 'low settings', while the recommended requirements will provide you 'medium settings', which are pretty terrible, and you'll still find lag and choppiness in movement. Every other game I play I'm able to utilize my 27" monitor's 2560 ×1440 resolution basically on high/very high. On this game, I can only run 1600x900 and it's still incessantly choppy.

As I said, other than that, great game.
  68. May 11, 2014
    This game has a very good story, amazing graphics and brilliant voiceovers/cast. What really lets it down so much is the combat system which i feel is completely broken. For a man who is renowned for his physical combat prowess, Geralt seems only capable of defending himself when rolling around on the floor. There are some people who say the difficulty of combat adds to the game and that it has a huge learning curve but all i have found is that rolling around again and again like sonic the hedgehog is the only way to defend yourself.

The Witcher 3 on the other hand looks amazing.
  69. May 18, 2011
    Truly one of the best games of all time... The combat is quick and satisfying the characters are as well developed and as brilliant as the story! A true successor to the first game
  70. Aug 14, 2011
    !! Game of the Year !! Epic story , great gameplay and amazing graphics . It's all you need to say that fresh game can be still created among all those fps. waiting to see the Witcher 3, cause this game is the best what gamer can get into his hands
  71. May 18, 2011
    This game is all about what I expected from today's role-playing game. I think it has everything you can expect from such a game, as a MATURE player. Without a doubt, The Witcher 2 will be one of the best games in 2011. Congratulations to the Poles, who once again created something so addictive.
  72. May 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Witcher 2 is definitely one of the Best Games Ever Made and probably Game of the Year 2011, but we'll see (Uncharted 3, Skyrim...). The game has everything cRPG should have. Very good optimization, best graphics (when thinking about all TPP games which were released till now), great, great, Great gameplay. Combat is not brainless hash but you need to think about some tactics. Everything in this game is thouht to be great - and it is indeed. 10+/10, because all DLC will be for free (except some huge additions with long quests and gameplay for some hours). Best wishes and good work CD Projekt RED! Expand
  73. May 17, 2011
    This game is probably GOTY of year 2011 in category of cRPG. Great writing, good combat mechanics, great gameplay whatsoever. Feels like good old cRPGs like Planescape or Baldurs Gate. Graphics are beautiful and the engine optimization is really great. There doesn't need to be character customization when there is a great story to be told. This game has great atmosphere and breathtaking world. Great improvement since Witcher 1, CD Projekt did a great job with this game. Probably one of the best cRPG in history of modern gaming in my opinion. Expand
  74. May 17, 2011
    Finally, a PC only RPG. Btw, look at the people who are giving it a 0/10, they are either Bioware employees or trolls because their other reviews are 10/10 for DA2. This game has everything you could want in a high quality RPG. Great graphics, sound, and game-play. The combat is very challenging now, this isn't Assassins Creed where only 1 person attacks at a time. If you run across 5 guys, all can gang you at the same time. Very challenging. Expand
  75. May 17, 2011
    THE GAME IS AMAZING !! The atmosphere, The combat and The Story are just perfect ! I didn't expect for to much of this game, It was also gifted to me but wow it blowed me away ! Just buy it you dont need to know anything else
  76. May 21, 2011
    The Witcher 2 has a mature and compelling storyline that kept me playing for hours on end. The visual effects, graphics, and game play mechanics all tied into one of the best RPGs I have ever played. I was again stunned that CDProjekt included the official game soundtrack, game guide, and bonus materials with the standard edition for only $40. I would gladly pay for any DLC CDProjekt releases in the future. Expand
  77. May 21, 2011
    I have to drag myself away from it to get some sleep at night. It's just so damn good. Maybe I've just forgot what an RPG with decent dev time was like, but I just can't remember the last time I was so hooked.
    Worth every cent.
  78. May 23, 2011
    30 minutes into the Witcher 2, my most anticipated game of the year, I found myself saying "Man, this game is shit"

Then I played 30 minutes more and said "Man, this game is awesome"

That's how it works. The quality sneaks up on you. It goes from simple, boring, uninspired Arcania to awesome, original, exciting... Well, The Witcher 1. But improved. The experience grows on you until
    you're hooked on it forever. Best game of the year? Best game of the decade? Try best game of this month. Then wait for the year to finish and decide on if it was the best. But so far, it's in the lead. Expand
  79. May 23, 2011
    A game with unique artistic direction and a mature story. And by mature I don't mean sex and violence, although the game obviously has plenty of these too. The only thing that seriously took a turn for the worse is the combat system. Because you'll be constantly kiting and rollin' rollin' rollin' even when fighting the easiest opponents. Which is NOT fun. Almost like they didn't playtest to check for combat balance. The whole game was apparently a little bit rushed and the combat is only one of the aspects that are unpolished. Still s**ts all over Dragon Age II. Expand
  80. May 18, 2011
    The Witcher 2 : Assassins of Kings is one of the best Action role - playing game ever made by human being. Ladies and gentlemen, here is a candidate for a game of the year.
  81. May 20, 2011
    You must buy The Wither 2 if you are true RPG fan. It's not 3rd person Shooter with a few RPG elements like ME1-2 and it's not slasher with rpg elements like DA 2, it's a REAL RPG.
    Small Polish studio CD Project shows Bioware how to create awesome high quality RPG.
    Definitely Best RPG 2011 and GOTY 2011.
  82. May 18, 2011
    Amazing game. Finally an rpg that makes you "WOW" every minute, be it when you go to a new area, explore a cave, fight a powerful foe or romance with your partner. This game is easily the new standard in rpg's, nothing comes remotely close to it. The only cons are the QTE's, the finishing moves and some disappointing UI inventory limitations.
  83. May 31, 2011
    Game is worthy the highest praise, despite small technical problems work, this game for me became standard of RPG! Playing it you feel, that developers have enclosed not only forces and material means, but also the most important thing, soul. Thanks them for it!
  84. Raf
    May 27, 2011
    Najlepsze RPG jakie w życiu graÅ
  85. May 22, 2011
    Amazing game with awesome graphic, nonlinear story, perfect gameplay. One of the best RPG games i have ever played. I think that Bioware should learn to do an RPG for CD Project Red. Sorry for my English:)
  86. May 18, 2011
    Stellar Atmosphere, Great Audio Effects, and Captivating Story. When I first installed the Witcher 2, those traits are what grabbed me. At the end of November and the beginning of December, I preordered my collector's addition at Gamestop. I am slightly disappointed at the package material used to contain my items. The black "fuzziness" coats the bust. At once, I noticed how much of a challenge that TW 2's combat serves. On normal, a player needs to make use of the alchemy system. A player needs to think ahead with the potions that they consume.

Some annoyances with the auto save game feature brought my score down. Each time a player autosaves it creates a new save. The "game-guide" is slightly out of date. Locking on a target can prove to be a burden. For example, he will sometimes try to put out a torch instead of attacking the target. The serial codes came printed with "0" instead of a capital "o". Almost every time I log in I notice that the server is done. However, CDProjekt is working to fix those issues.
  87. May 17, 2011
    At this current time of the year I'd have to say it's the best of this year and to my taste, one of the best RPGs I've played since the first Witcher or Mass Effect 1. This isn't your normal Dragon Age 2 picnic RPG with everything given to you in a linear 15 hour story.
    Amazing atmosphere. Amazing combat. Amazing music. Amazing character development, I loved how everything tied in together
    like the original Witcher, all the choices for your own taste in side quests which affect the story, everything just fits in perfectly. Expand
  88. Jun 13, 2011
    An absolute triumph of challenging gameplay and mature non-linear RPGs. To say that it crushes Dragon Age II is an understatement. This is a game you need to have in your collection if you even remotely enjoy RPGs.
  89. May 17, 2011
    The best RPG ever, in my opinion, CD Project RED are the best, i have played it for about 7 hours and i already like it more than Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 2, Fallout 3, all them together.

Simply Amazing
  90. May 17, 2011
    I'm a Bioware fanboy, I loved DA2. However this is BETTER! How anyone can give it a 0 is beyond me. He's obviously here to down-score the game and not to give an honest review. The graphics are stunning, sound, gameplay, everything. On top of that, it's the best retail box collection I've had in AGES! Companies seem to forget some of us like the box and to add all the items they have with this one makes it all the sweeter. Ignore M_Standard, he's not here to critique the game. Expand
  91. May 18, 2011
    I have waited a long time for this game, and my expectations were very high. And now after playing Witcher 2, I can say that I'm satisfied with every aspect of this game. The Witcher 2 should become an example for other developers, what RPG game should be. In one word, it is masterpiece. I haven't doubt that Witcher 2 will be the game of the Year 2011.
  92. Jun 1, 2011
    Fantastic game, steep learning curve, but once you get the hang of how it works, it's a great rpg. Very mature game, and definitely made for adults, quite alot of smart thinking is required to survive and complete quests in this game. Highly recommend playing on the highest quality setting you machine will run, because the game just looks stunning.
  93. May 17, 2011
    Best RPG i ever played in a long time. My candidate for Game of the Year 2011. Story is great and nonlinear, choices are great, graphics looks amazing! Since first play i know that is game made from fans for fans. That is what should looks modern rpgs! Also fantastic characters and fight system... i can't wait until i'll play it again. Of course game has minor bugs, but no one of them interfere in the game. Witcher 2 have my full recommendation! 10 Expand
  94. May 17, 2011
    In terms of sheer immersion and atmosphere it plays at least as well as the first one. Except everything in the world seems grander and more defined as a courtesy of state of the art graphics engine and inspired art direction. The only thing keeping the original Witcher from being a perfect cRPG was its somewhat rough game mechanics (i.e. combat) and some technical hiccups. With these ironed out, it seems that only Skyrim seems like a worthy competitor for the cRPG of the Year title. Expand
  95. May 19, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This definitely is Game of the Year 2011. The single best cRPG I have played since diablo 2, witcher 1.the only gmae i could compare it is demon soul. The characters are deep and complex, the storyline develops depending on your actions and choices. It takes what was good from every single RPG released in the last 15 years and makes it into something better. The graphics are simply the best ever seen in an RPG to date, if not the best that we have so far in any game. The flaws are few if any(graphic bug i think but corect with driver as any new release). The stealth sections are not the best, but they are optional, and there are a few bugs and such. There is no ACTUAL character customization, but you can change what the protagonist is wearing with quite a bit. The combat system works quite well. It may not be the best combat system in gaming history, but it does exactly what is is supposed to do. But all that is just beside the point. The atmosphere, the music and the character lines are just amazing, combining to create one of the best RPG's of all time.and the diffciulty is here i play in normal actually in chapter 2 i dead near 1 00 times i can't imagine so far the difficulty on hard and insane. Expand
  96. May 17, 2011
    Outstanding, extraordinary and awesom game. The best i have ever play. The Witcher 2 is the Assasin of kings like Blizzard or EA :) You will play it sooner or later, believe me.
  97. May 17, 2011
    M_Standard Obviously does not know what he is talking about, saying Dragon age 2 is a better game is like saying eating pile of crap is better then having a steak dinner.
    The Witcher 2 is one of the deepest and best RPG's of the past 10 years and with some many different options, amazing amounts of different paths you can take and of course the graphical beauty, I will honestly be amazed
    if it does not get game of the year 2011.
    If you love RPG's and you love gaming, get the Witcher 2, its worth it.
  98. May 17, 2011
    One of the best games I've ever played. Bioware should beware of the mighty Witcher. The well narrated non-linear story, beautiful music and breathtaking graphics are the strongest aspects of The Witcher 2. There is just nothing more to tell
  99. May 17, 2011
    Sensational game. CD Projekt will be rubbing shoulders with Blizzard and Valve soon if they keep up this quality. The attention to detail throughout is on a new level, you can't help but stop and gaze through a markets goods or simply watch villagers as they go about their day-to-day business. The story so far is enthralling and the character design is Blizzard standard. Hat's off to CD Projekt, I've not been so happy with a purchase in as long as I can remember. Expand
  100. May 18, 2011
    ED Studio takes the best of the achievements of BioWare and Obsidian Entertainment, introducing a ton of their ideas and outstanding artistic setting. The Witcher 2 impresses on so many levels that it is hard to clearly identify its strongest point.
  101. Jun 4, 2012