8.5

1. Apr 21, 2012
    Best cRPG i ever played in a long time. Story is great and nonlinear, choices are great, graphics looks amazing! That is what should looks modern rpgs! Also fantastic characters and fight system. Unfortunately game has minor bugs, but it doesn't matter. Act3 is maybe too short, but Witcher 2 have my recommendation!
  2. Apr 26, 2012
    Overall, very decent game, but it falls short on a few places, mostly when compared with Witcher 1: STORY: mostly political, with fantasy pushed aside, and for those who read the books very predictable. the big plus for the story is how it manages to be both personal for Geralt and worldly at the same time. Another plus are the decisions, which shape the story in amazing ways and matterOverall, very decent game, but it falls short on a few places, mostly when compared with Witcher 1: STORY: mostly political, with fantasy pushed aside, and for those who read the books very predictable. the big plus for the story is how it manages to be both personal for Geralt and worldly at the same time. Another plus are the decisions, which shape the story in amazing ways and matter more than in any game ever. Minus for its lenght though, very short when compared to Witcher 1 or Dragon age, and quite predictable as said before. It falls very shot of NWN2 Mask of Betrayer, not to mention PS: Torment. RPG ELEMENTS: Decision consequences is a strong plus, witch make this an absolutely unique game. Combat doesn't though, and it fells very clubsy at times, unlike Witcher 1. The world feels alive and every action you take during the main or side quests realy matters, locations are amazing, the characters are decently written and most of the times dialog is not boring. GRAPHIC: biggest enemy of this game. Yes, its spectacular, but if the time and money spent on graphic was used elsewere, say expanding the personal aspect of Geralts adventure (the Wild Hunt), we would have without much doubt the best RPG since Baldurs Gate 2. FINAL: Not bad at all, but from combat to interface to overall gameplay we have witnessed the fall of cRPG genre since Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 2, and it seems CDPred is taking the same highway to hell as BioWare (read EA), even if it may be a slower and more unintentional ride. Expand
  3. Jun 4, 2012
    Awesome game. Characters are colourful and deep, the environments and monsters are exquisite, the story enthralling, the game-play engaging, although it be a bit repetitive if you want to finish all the side-quests (but that can be reduced by doing some planning before heading out). All in all probably the best game I've played since the nineties. I just wish I'd bought this a bit earlier,Awesome game. Characters are colourful and deep, the environments and monsters are exquisite, the story enthralling, the game-play engaging, although it be a bit repetitive if you want to finish all the side-quests (but that can be reduced by doing some planning before heading out). All in all probably the best game I've played since the nineties. I just wish I'd bought this a bit earlier, as the experience was worth more than the 30 euro I paid - a novel experience these days. Expand
  4. TSB
    Aug 24, 2012
    One of the best games I ever played . The witcher 2 gave me every thing great story with different way to end fantastic graphics enjoyable gameplay and very good soundtrack maybe if it had more bosses fight it will be a perfect game I really wish that I could find similar game to the witcher and I'm whiting for the new the witcher game .
  5. Sep 7, 2012
    If your PC can graphically handle the Witcher 2, you will experience some of the best visuals to date. Be forewarned that this is not an easy task, the game has some of the most demanding requirements. I did not play the original Witcher so I really didn't know what to expect, what a pleasant surprise this game is! -- Story (9): The beginning is a little slow but once your rolling theIf your PC can graphically handle the Witcher 2, you will experience some of the best visuals to date. Be forewarned that this is not an easy task, the game has some of the most demanding requirements. I did not play the original Witcher so I really didn't know what to expect, what a pleasant surprise this game is! -- Story (9): The beginning is a little slow but once your rolling the Witcher 2 has an extremely rewarding story, strengthened by some of the best voice acting I've seen. Your character, the Witcher, is kick ass and his personality and actions are epic. -- Graphics (10): If your machine is adequate, this game has some of the best graphics around. Better than Skyrim on max settings , the visuals are breathtaking, every city and surrounding area is a pleasure to look at. -- Sound (9): The environments, the voice acting, and the effects from spells, skills, and fighting all sound really pleasing. Your character also participates in conversations, making the whole experience more realistic. -- Gameplay (10): Even though everything else here is so good, the gameplay is where the Witcher 2 shines. Some of the best controls I've used for an action RPG, they are extremely smooth very adaptable. The fighting is also superb, addressing all the problems presented in games such as Skyrim. No more generic 3rd person hack and slash, your moves are fluent and responsive. This game also presents a challenge, be prepared to save, die and try again. -- Endgame (8): Multiplayer support would have been great but it's such an epic single player experience that it suffices. There have been numerous support updates and an "Enhanced Edition" with more content is now offered. You will be very satisfied with the starting content itself, this is an adventure that will take some time and effort. Overall The Witcher 2 has been an extremely refreshing addition to the "action-RPG" genre and will make for an extremely awesome addition to your gaming collection. -- Overall: (9) Expand
  6. Sep 9, 2012
    Very good game with awesome graphics and main story. This game si in many ways better than Skyrim. A must buy if you like witcher books. This game is same quality like them.
  7. Jan 4, 2014
    This game has really nice graphics but the combat system is just plain unbalanced and the huge boss fights often defy normal video game logic and trick you with false weak spot attack oppurtunitys and then kill you in some mysterious ways (like with electro shocks).

You will often find yourself facing enemys that have unfair advantages over you like infinite and complete blocking of your melee attacks while you have your mana depleted with every single block or being forced to take serious damage even while blocking. The lack possibility to heal yourself properly during fights and the lack of the ability to use your much needed potions during fights is just plain annoying.

The game forces you to either drink potions the whole time to be prepared if there is a fight coming and thus wasting your often tedious gathered ressources for potions or you will often find yourself in an very unbalanced fight and in the desperated wish that you could drink your potions.

This really killed the game for me because this is not genuine fair challenge but often annoying trial and error.
  8. May 21, 2011
    A breath of fresh air after the disaster of Dragon Age 2. Bioware should be ashamed at how poorly DA2 compares to this game. In all metrics Witcher 2 is superior. To say nothing of the aesthetics. Witcher 2 is a man amongst boys.
  9. May 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Every pc gamer and lover RPG game need this game. CD-Project make a great work. The best RPG game in years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  10. May 17, 2011
    For sure The witcher 2 will be RPG of the year 2011. And it will have big chances to be a best game of year 2011. The Witcher 2 is best game i ever played in a very long time. Beautyfull graphics, nonlinear and addictive story, innovative combat system, great dialogs are just a few of many advantages.
  11. May 19, 2011
    I can only say - wow... This game is the best game in this year. At now I am in end of act 1 and I am curious next storyline. I dont believed, so people can give this game 0. Ok - mayby 9,8,7 but not 0... I hope this is a begining of new era of rpg games. Mayby other studios (yes yes - its You BIOWARE) will do titles as good as The Witcher 2.
  12. May 17, 2011
    Great story, realistic characters, nice graphics, wonderful locations and fun gameplay. Certainly surpasses not only Dragon Age 2 (by far) but Dragon Age 1 and and Mass Effect 2.

13. Wik
    May 17, 2011
    The best solo player game for years. The graphics is one thing, but the world, the characters and combat is amazing. I cant find any bad things to say about this game.
  14. May 17, 2011
    Best RPG i ever played and probably GOTY of year 2011 in category cRPG. Epic story, great gameplay, and amazing graphics. This game show bioware how Dragon age 2 should looks like. Must have
  15. May 19, 2011
    CD Projekt made a very good job, Witcher 2 is a fantastic game, definitely RPG of 2011, graphics is awesome - one of the best in RPGs I've ever seen, too bad some Bioware fanboys scoring zeros
  16. May 19, 2011
    This game has so much going for it it become hard to fail. On an aesthetic level, CD Project RED has built a completely new engine, one which renders the game absolutely beautifully. A note here-if you can't run the game on high, try turning the settings to low, go to advanced options, put the textures at at least medium, put texture compression at none, and when you go back to the game itThis game has so much going for it it become hard to fail. On an aesthetic level, CD Project RED has built a completely new engine, one which renders the game absolutely beautifully. A note here-if you can't run the game on high, try turning the settings to low, go to advanced options, put the textures at at least medium, put texture compression at none, and when you go back to the game it looks nearly as good as on high, but runs much better. On a combat level, the Witcher 2 has gone away with the timed combos, relying now on a basic buttonmash. At first I was a bit disappointed by this, as I thought the timed combos where kind of cool. However, what CDPR does to counter the fact that it has a simplistic combat system is that it makes the fights absolutely brutal. Any slip up during combat, even on normal, can have you at the loading screen in seconds. The use of the combat wheel is also an extremely nice addition, as using powers, traps, and bombs is necessary to win in this game. The final thing which the Witcher really has going for it is the story. The story in this game is absolutely incredible. The thing is that there is no black-and-white good or bad, with nothing in between. Everything is a shade of grey. Sure, a village is being attacked by a group of elves. But the elves had been persecuted for centuries before they started fighting back. So through the absolutely stunning graphics, brutal combat, and epic story, I really don't see how this game could be anything less than a perfect 10/10. Expand
  17. May 19, 2011
    This game is all about what I expected from today's role-playing game. I think it has everything you can expect from such a game, as a MATURE player. Without a doubt, The Witcher 2 will be one of the best games in 2011. Congratulations to the Poles, who once again created something so addictive.
  18. May 19, 2011
    Definitely GOTY so far. I had some issues getting it to run decently at first (I have an 8800GTX, Core 2 Quad 2.6, 4GB RAM, 3D Vision). All the settings on the newest beta drivers ran terribly until I uninstalled the 3D vision drivers. Then, I was able to run on High/Medium settings flawlessly. I really liked the previous Witcher game (even before the EE), so I had high hopes for thisDefinitely GOTY so far. I had some issues getting it to run decently at first (I have an 8800GTX, Core 2 Quad 2.6, 4GB RAM, 3D Vision). All the settings on the newest beta drivers ran terribly until I uninstalled the 3D vision drivers. Then, I was able to run on High/Medium settings flawlessly. I really liked the previous Witcher game (even before the EE), so I had high hopes for this one. The combat came off as a little rough in the first 3 battles, but after that you learn what works and what doesn't. You have to roll a lot and play a bit of "cat and mouse" in order to single out enemies. The RPG aspects are second to none. TONS of character development, choice, and plot to keep you interested. Those who are complaining because you "can't make a character" are missing the point. Geralt is a potion swilling, sign waving Swordsman. It's part of the character. You're able to develop those traits as you see fit, but this isn't a Paladin or a Mage. He's who he is, and I actually liked developing HIM more so than the standard "silent protagonist" that most games include. Anyway, it's definitely worth the money, and with a little bit of forum research (before the upcoming patch) it will run fine, even on older rigs. Expand
  19. May 21, 2011
    Extraordinary beautiful scenery, story is mature and game play, while not perfect, is highly enjoyable! TW2 is a real RPG game with huge amount of possibilities, "realistic" NPCs, complex choices that has real consequences on the story. A+++
  20. May 20, 2011
    Fun combat, mature storytelling thats actually mature, choices that matter with real consequences, and likable well fleshed out characters make this an obvious candidate for GOTY. It really lives up to the hype and expectations, but unfortunately bugs, shoddy AI, and an engine that could be optimized better prevent it from getting a 10 by me.
  21. May 21, 2011
    One of the best, if not the best game of the 2011. From the first moment you feel ultimate climate of the game. Since release of the first Witcher developers improved almost everything: - combat is more challenging, -graphic is brilliant and whole experience from the game is much better. Even tho there are some minor flaws (DLC problems), in compare to first Witcher buggy at release gameOne of the best, if not the best game of the 2011. From the first moment you feel ultimate climate of the game. Since release of the first Witcher developers improved almost everything: - combat is more challenging, -graphic is brilliant and whole experience from the game is much better. Even tho there are some minor flaws (DLC problems), in compare to first Witcher buggy at release game developers achieved world level. I was really scared that CDP Red would not handle task of providing better game than first part but now I am happy to recommend this game to everyone who enjoy top-level cRPG games!

PS. PC platform games can still beat any console game!
  22. May 18, 2011
    http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings/review/the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings-review/a-201105171466879070/g-20100323131251436086/p-2 This is a link to a very detailed review of the game, specifically page 2. If the pictures in the center of the page offend you (you'll know the ones) then don't buy or comment on this game. The former because thehttp://www.gamesradar.com/pc/the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings/review/the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings-review/a-201105171466879070/g-20100323131251436086/p-2 This is a link to a very detailed review of the game, specifically page 2. If the pictures in the center of the page offend you (you'll know the ones) then don't buy or comment on this game. The former because the game is not your style, and the latter because no one cares about your moral high ground. For that matter, if anything in that review offends you, just quit now for everyone's sake. For everyone else... This is my Pre-Skyrim pick for Game of the Year, hands down! It's really the RPG you don't want to miss. Not kidding. Just get it, you'll see what I mean. Expand
  23. CBZ
    May 20, 2011
    First of all, I'm not a fan of RPGs. This said, I absolutely love this game.
    To summarize what many others have already said, it offers great graphics, well written and engaging story and an incredibly fun gameplay. This will be with no doubts, game of the year, and it will be very hard to make a better game in the next few years.
    Its a must have.
  24. May 20, 2011
    This is absolutely the game to beat right now. All game devs should be setting their sights on The Witcher 2. I was breathless when Geralt walked out of the tent in the beginning of the game. The graphics are unbelievable on any setting but fortunately my system can play it on high (X4 965, crossfire 6850s, 8 GB ram). Ultra slows down the frames a lot but, it makes the game look almostThis is absolutely the game to beat right now. All game devs should be setting their sights on The Witcher 2. I was breathless when Geralt walked out of the tent in the beginning of the game. The graphics are unbelievable on any setting but fortunately my system can play it on high (X4 965, crossfire 6850s, 8 GB ram). Ultra slows down the frames a lot but, it makes the game look almost like a Pixar animation! Hopefully, AMD will put out the Witcher 2 crossfire application profiles soon so I can maybe play on ultra.

Combat is innovative and has a bit of a learning curve. Make good use of W,A,S,D double taps to dodge! Also use those signs to slow down & incapacitate your foes. Try to avoid being surrounded and use terrain or objects in game to your advantage. All in all this is a must buy and I have been telling all my gamer friends to get it. Witcher 2 has reset the bar for SPRPGs!
  25. May 17, 2011
    Absolutely stunning, movie-like experience. The game looks gorgeous even on low graphics settings. Pacing is good and story is brilliant. GOTY for sure.
  26. May 19, 2011
    I' ve just played for about 8 hours without a brake. This game is truly amazing. Why would anyone give a masterpiece like that a 0?I feel sorry for you. Get a life. adfasdfasdfasdf
  27. May 17, 2011
    This is amazing game. I am not remember when i play in so excting game.
  28. May 20, 2011
    the best rbg in my life . all site give this game review less then 95 . there are wrong
  29. May 20, 2011
    I have played many RPG's in my life, but i have to say, this is the best yet. I won't go into details as the many other positive comments echo my sentiments. Those who moan about the combat, you need to learn how to play. The controls are responsive, and the player needs to use ALL his abilities to survive, this is not a hack-and-slash. Get lost in this game, you will love it!
  30. May 20, 2011
    un rpg a la vieja escuela q no defraudara a nadie asi no te guste el genero, serio candidato a juego del año el cual dudo q pueda ser superado por sus competidores en juegos de rol, creo que solo Dark Soul podra estar a la altura de este..
  31. May 20, 2011
    OK, maybe this is a little off topic.

But why in hell didn't IGN and Gamespot review it the very first day it was released? Whilst lame but corporate-supported Dragon Age 2 gets a top-notch review the very first moment it hits shelves? Do you thin you damn idiots that this masterpiece of a game will get its sales hampered just because of your bribed asses? Not to mention the idiotic
    OK, maybe this is a little off topic.

Not to mention the idiotic 1/10 user reviews...

Anyway - the game is the best thing that ever happened to us since Arcanum. Nuff said.
  32. May 20, 2011
    Pros: Visually stunning(even on low settings). Much better written than the first game(or possibly better translated?) Your choices mold the story. Combat is proactive, you can switch targets very quickly and Geralt is designed to cover ground just as quick. You can play a swordsman, a alchemist, or a spellcaster, even though Geralt is mainly a swordsman you can get through just aboutPros: Visually stunning(even on low settings). Much better written than the first game(or possibly better translated?) Your choices mold the story. Combat is proactive, you can switch targets very quickly and Geralt is designed to cover ground just as quick. You can play a swordsman, a alchemist, or a spellcaster, even though Geralt is mainly a swordsman you can get through just about any encounter if you decide to focus on just one skill tree. You'll care for your friends, they're well written and voiced. Cons: Recipe ingredients slowly crawl up, making crafting a little tedious. Enemy AI a little clunky. Opening doors and using environment ledges and ladders, also clunky. Some bugs involving inventory and traps/bombs. Game is a brutal teacher, you'll get your ass handed to you while learning the game(read manual). Insane difficulty permanent death, they could have had Insane difficulty and then Hardcore difficulty.

If you ask anyone who's played The Witcher 1 if they expected this from The Witcher 2, I can guarantee you that most of us are surprised with how much better this game is than we expected and that CDProjectRED didn't drop the ball, but they outdone themselves with this one.

Let's hope The Witcher becomes a franchise!
  33. May 21, 2011
    Best RPG game ever, definitely candidate to GOTY 2011!! I can't say any bad word about it its truly masterpiece. This game have a soul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  34. May 21, 2011
    Complex storyline, engaging detailed world, what more could you ask for in an rpg? Some minor problems with item and target selection but nothing too distracting.
  35. May 22, 2011
    this game is an absolute masterpiece...i have cried because it is that awesome....the beginning can be a little hard for noobs, since the game doesn't hold your hand in any way. Combat is challenging, voice acting is top notch, specially for the main characters. The other npcs's could use a little animation work, but who cares, because once you get into the cities you will be blown away.this game is an absolute masterpiece...i have cried because it is that awesome....the beginning can be a little hard for noobs, since the game doesn't hold your hand in any way. Combat is challenging, voice acting is top notch, specially for the main characters. The other npcs's could use a little animation work, but who cares, because once you get into the cities you will be blown away. I cried when I got to Vergen. You thought Orzammar was nice in Origins? wait till you see a real dwarven city. Bioware, learn you stuff...in terms of decision making and story, you do not hold a candle to the witcher 2. The music, it is one of the most breathtaking pieaces you will hear in any game. It is not a ripoff of Lord of the rings, or some this like that like dragon age. The world is a living masterpiece. From npc's to birds, to the level of detail which, i dare say, looks dx11 sometimes. In terms of graphics, this game destroys crysis 2 and sometimes even crsysis 1. If you have the pc to run it, like I do, consider yourself lucky to be playing such a beautiful game. I am almost done with chapter 2, and the build up, is one of the most rewarding experiences in any game. The witcher 2, is now, my GOTY choice and it will stay like that, because no bioware game will ever come close to this, ever. Expand
  36. May 23, 2011
    GOTY 2011. I read through comments and i can only add that the game world artistic style is incredible. This is something that is rarely seen in any other game if ever, and it is all around you everywhere you turn. Get it and feast your eyes on the best looking world transferred into silicon chipsets
  37. May 23, 2011
    The combat is demanding and and requires strategy and a use of all your available tools, but the game is infinitely rewarding. This game has better production values than any other RPG you will encounter. Everything from the voice acting to the graphics and lovingly crafted environments are better than even most of the content produced by top tier developers like Bioware
  38. May 24, 2011
    Best RPG I have played in years. I easily give this game a 10. The best way to describe it would be... Baldur's Gate 2 in a fully realized, beautiful 3D world, with more grit and consequence for your actions. This game will not hold your hand, it will test your intelligence, and if you have been stuck in that easy kills/easy rewards mode from playing more recent RPGs, it will be a breathBest RPG I have played in years. I easily give this game a 10. The best way to describe it would be... Baldur's Gate 2 in a fully realized, beautiful 3D world, with more grit and consequence for your actions. This game will not hold your hand, it will test your intelligence, and if you have been stuck in that easy kills/easy rewards mode from playing more recent RPGs, it will be a breath of fresh air. Sure it's not perfect, but most of its imperfections lie in some menu technicalities, which in my opinion should not bring the score down when compared to all the things this game does in an amazing way: the story, the graphics, the characters, the challenge, and the satisfaction you feel when you slay a group of tough enemies. No joke, this game will have you grinning as you play it. EPIC. Expand
  39. May 26, 2011
    I was quite surprise how good this game is. Regardless what some sites, critics or DA2 fanboys(that are tring to bring the score down) say, its a great game that deserve more than a 89. Storyline, graphics, fun, it goes on.
  40. May 20, 2011
    Do you enjoy games with good graphics? Do you enjoy a compelling, dark, fantasy storyline? Do you enjoy characters that don't feel like they were written by ten year olds? (I'm looking at you Dragon Age 2) Then I think the Witcher 2 is a perfect game for you! Despite some steep hardware capabilities, this is a fantastic game made by a great developer that will have free DLC and is alreadyDo you enjoy games with good graphics? Do you enjoy a compelling, dark, fantasy storyline? Do you enjoy characters that don't feel like they were written by ten year olds? (I'm looking at you Dragon Age 2) Then I think the Witcher 2 is a perfect game for you! Despite some steep hardware capabilities, this is a fantastic game made by a great developer that will have free DLC and is already quite expansive. Expand
  41. May 19, 2011
    The best $45 i ever wasted on the game, I think ima play it for a long time. SO much better then DA2 and even DA:O. The only flaw it has is that it needs a little more optimization, but a patch can fix that so i give it the highest score possible. Great game! A must buy!!
  42. May 19, 2011
    The Witcher 2 is one of those titles that instills confidence on the PC platform. Its nice to know that someone was paying attention and devoted so much attention to its detail.

Its been an exciting game so far, 6hrs into and look forward to many more hours.
  43. May 19, 2011
    This game is a work of art. One can easily tell how much heart and soul the developers put into this game. The voice dialogue is vastly improved over the previous game, and the story telling seems to possess more character. The combat now makes more sense where you can better make use of your parrying and dodge functions. The character movements and animations now seem a lot more fluidThis game is a work of art. One can easily tell how much heart and soul the developers put into this game. The voice dialogue is vastly improved over the previous game, and the story telling seems to possess more character. The combat now makes more sense where you can better make use of your parrying and dodge functions. The character movements and animations now seem a lot more fluid and realistic. The music, like the original Witcher, is still memorable enough to keep your attention for hours at a time. Definitely worth playing if you have a good enough system to run this beast. Expand
  44. May 19, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This definitely is Game of the Year 2011. The single best cRPG I have played since diablo 2, witcher 1.the only gmae i could compare it is demon soul. The characters are deep and complex, the storyline develops depending on your actions and choices. It takes what was good from every single RPG released in the last 15 years and makes it into something better. The graphics are simply the best ever seen in an RPG to date, if not the best that we have so far in any game. The flaws are few if any(graphic bug i think but corect with driver as any new release). The stealth sections are not the best, but they are optional, and there are a few bugs and such. There is no ACTUAL character customization, but you can change what the protagonist is wearing with quite a bit. The combat system works quite well. It may not be the best combat system in gaming history, but it does exactly what is is supposed to do. But all that is just beside the point. The atmosphere, the music and the character lines are just amazing, combining to create one of the best RPG's of all time.and the diffciulty is here i play in normal actually in chapter 2 i dead near 1 00 times i can't imagine so far the difficulty on hard and insane. Expand
  45. May 27, 2011
    What do you need to know? this is NOT Dragon Age 2 , there is no copy paste or dumbed down gameplay, this is a great contender for game of the year since mass effect 3 is expected to show next year, but judging by dragon age 2 you can fear it WILL be dumbed and its quality compromised, contrary to the witcher 2.
  46. May 23, 2011
    30 minutes into the Witcher 2, my most anticipated game of the year, I found myself saying "Man, this game is shit"

Then I played 30 minutes more and said "Man, this game is awesome" That's how it works. The quality sneaks up on you. It goes from simple, boring, uninspired Arcania to awesome, original, exciting... Well, The Witcher 1. But improved. The experience grows on you until

Then I played 30 minutes more and said "Man, this game is awesome"

That's how it works. The quality sneaks up on you. It goes from simple, boring, uninspired Arcania to awesome, original, exciting... Well, The Witcher 1. But improved. The experience grows on you until you're hooked on it forever. Best game of the year? Best game of the decade? Try best game of this month. Then wait for the year to finish and decide on if it was the best. But so far, it's in the lead.
  47. May 26, 2011
    You know, this game perfectly illustrates the adage that if you give people a golden goose that lays diamond eggs, there are bound to be a few who complain that the eggs are too hard to eat. The Witcher 2 is probably the best RPG since the Baldur's Gate saga: the graphics are amazing, the gameplay is exciting, voice acting and writing are top notch, and the story line is engaging. TheYou know, this game perfectly illustrates the adage that if you give people a golden goose that lays diamond eggs, there are bound to be a few who complain that the eggs are too hard to eat. The Witcher 2 is probably the best RPG since the Baldur's Gate saga: the graphics are amazing, the gameplay is exciting, voice acting and writing are top notch, and the story line is engaging. The game is also hard. If you're used to playing those bits of entertainment flotsam puked out by Bioware, and think that you're a bad assed hero controller that can take any game on insane level, then you're going to be in for a rude awakening. Playing Witcher 2 on hard is, surprise surprise, ACTUALLY HARD. You're going to have to use everything at your disposal to win fights, and that include your ability to adroitly manipulate the keyboard/mouse/gamepad. If you can't handle that, then play the game on easy, or buy an easier game (I've heard Dragon Age 2 is just about your speed).
    For those of you up to the challenge, Witcher 2 is an immensely rewarding experience. Beating a room full of bad guys with nothing but a hand full of bombs, your wits and a bit of fancy footwork is an experience you won't soon forget. But even that experience pales in comparison to the realization that the peon that you helped way back at the beginning of the game just returned the favor by saving you a whole pail of trouble when you encounter him later.
    To be fair, there are some glitches:SLI wasn't working at release, keyboard customization require you to manually edit some game files, aspect ratios are a little off, and some minor side quests break if you don't do them exactly right. However, I'd rather have a few glitched side quests that have every dungeon look exactly the same **cough**Dragon Age 2**cough**.
    If you are a RPG fan, someone who remembers what a RPG is supposed to be like, you owe it to yourself to play this game and support this company. If you don't, then don't whine and complain when you're given drivel like Dragon Age 2 and told to like it.
  48. May 19, 2011
    The best game I have ever had the pleasure of playing in 14 years of gaming, hands down, nothing else even comes close.

CDPR poured their hearts and souls into this game and it really shows, the atmosphere and story are completely unmatched by anything else in the entire gaming industry, this is truly a fine example of why some games can be considered art. They could of made the game a

They could of made the game a quarter as good as it is and it still would of sold just as many copies and gotten rave reviews, but they kept on going and made it even better.

Finally, a developer that cares about the game they are making.. feels like I'm ten years in the past.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, the best game you can ever have the pleasure of buying.
  49. May 18, 2011
    Witcher 2 is probabyl the best RPG for any newcomer to this genre for being a game that challenges you as an adult. As an action/adventure player, my first foray into RPGs has been the mass effect series which I liked. I did play the witcher 1 but quickly got overrun by the excruciating details and frankly uninteresting standard stat based RPG combat. Same to do with mass effect 1. ME2 gotWitcher 2 is probabyl the best RPG for any newcomer to this genre for being a game that challenges you as an adult. As an action/adventure player, my first foray into RPGs has been the mass effect series which I liked. I did play the witcher 1 but quickly got overrun by the excruciating details and frankly uninteresting standard stat based RPG combat. Same to do with mass effect 1. ME2 got it right with nice action elements. With that, I went into DA2 without prior playing of DA1. But DA2 felt very tedious and just got boring. I finished the game, but wasn't too satisfied with the presentation and mechanics. It felt like a standard RPG. Witcher 2 on the other hand is unique. Never have I been challenged soo much in combat being a veteran action/adventure gamer (DMC3/4, GOW123, Darksiders..player). The combat is intense...satisfying. The graphics are if I may say, the BEST in this generation. The art direction is fantastic and the game reeks of polish.
    CDProject have outdone themselves and set a new bar for action RPGs. I only hope that the game reaches its full potential and rewards them with adequate sales and recognition. Congratulations CDprojekt for a spectacular masterpiece.

BTW...shame on you bioware for bashing CDprojekt.
  50. May 18, 2011
    The Witcher 2 is without a doubt one of the greatest RPGs of this generation, if not downright THE greatest. It has an absolutely phenomenal combat system that trumps just about every RPG to come out this generation due to the fact that there is a strong emphasis on tactics while not sacrificing any of the tense, exciting action that the combat delivers. The world is one of the most livelyThe Witcher 2 is without a doubt one of the greatest RPGs of this generation, if not downright THE greatest. It has an absolutely phenomenal combat system that trumps just about every RPG to come out this generation due to the fact that there is a strong emphasis on tactics while not sacrificing any of the tense, exciting action that the combat delivers. The world is one of the most lively video game worlds that has ever been created. Not only is the game universe so rich in detail, but CDP went to extremes with its attention to the smallest details. For instance, blowing out a camp fire that a group where huddled around would result in them trying to light it back up. All AI units have a schedule and feel like individual people. In the end, I don't think there is a single criticism one can have of the game world. Lets just say there are very few RPG's in which I have done as many side quests as in Witcher 2. It is THAT good. The RPG mechanics in the witcher are great, with 3 specialized talent trees and 1 general "witcher" tree. Combat depends on Geralt's stats and not only on his ninja gaiden skills, so it never really descends into a action adventure game like Bioware's Mass Effect series. All the variety in weapons expected from a good RPG is here: throwing weapons, bombs, magic spells and of course your usual melee weapons like swords, axes, clubs, etc. Not only that, but the game has an absolutely amazing alchemy and crafting system in which the quests make strong use of (making specific poison/bomb for mission) and you would also need to use them in order to survive some of the tougher fights. NOTHING is left to feel as though its just in there for the sake of it. Even the BOOKS have use as when you go monster hunting, you gotta look up the creatures you want to kill and research about them in the books to be able to get more details about their lairs, behaviors, etc. The story is non-linear and epic. For those who don't know, it has 16 varied endings depending on the choices made throughout the game. That alone makes the Witcher 2 have one of the deepest storylines offered this generation. The story kicks off with a bang and with the aid of the game world, remains constantly immersive. The plot always has some new revelation to throw at you every step of the way and the excellent characters and voice acting give further life to the story. The Witcher 2 has an epic tale that none should miss.

In conclusion, if you are a PC gamer and don't own Witcher 2, shame on you.
  51. May 17, 2011
    This is the best RPG game ever (believe me I am a big RPG fan). CD-PROJECT RED is the new leader in creating such games. This is the firs game where you can actually play as you like, creating a new reality with each decision you make (sic!). I hope I wont blow out of proportion if I say that this game define RPG term. 10 points is way to low. (And last thing: every downloadable contentThis is the best RPG game ever (believe me I am a big RPG fan). CD-PROJECT RED is the new leader in creating such games. This is the firs game where you can actually play as you like, creating a new reality with each decision you make (sic!). I hope I wont blow out of proportion if I say that this game define RPG term. 10 points is way to low. (And last thing: every downloadable content like new adventure, new "sword" or new "armour" will be for free!) Expand
  52. May 18, 2011
    Truly amazing game, with amazing graphic and with one of the deepest story ever told for the PC. Absolute must-have for any PC-player who likes mature cRPG. Bioware: on your knees. Watch, learn and beg for forgiveness for what you've done with DA2.
  53. May 17, 2011
    Absolutely brilliant. IMO one of the best cRPG's. I recommend it to everyone who seeks good story, cool characters and awesome graphics too. A "must have" game !!
  54. May 17, 2011
    david gaider voted zero for this game.

just check this link: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/David_Gaider

this is getting ridiculous and bioware is slowly becoming the most hated studio if they go on like that. terrible losers they are.

55. May 17, 2011
    I had just finished Dragon Age 2 like 4 days ago, and i believed to be "great" but after playing throughout half of The witcher 2, don't take me wrong, but i just can't go back, the graphics and artistic design are too impressive, and the game play on par or better, although a sightly difficult game (to be on normal difficult setting) and very demanding on the computer, can't complain theI had just finished Dragon Age 2 like 4 days ago, and i believed to be "great" but after playing throughout half of The witcher 2, don't take me wrong, but i just can't go back, the graphics and artistic design are too impressive, and the game play on par or better, although a sightly difficult game (to be on normal difficult setting) and very demanding on the computer, can't complain the graphics are superb, the story so far so good, just waiting for the credits to roll out but that won't change my perception of the game which i believed to be not just great but nothing short of "AMAZING". Expand
  56. May 18, 2011
    The best cRPG game I have ever played. beautiful graphics, epic history, very good sound and perfect game play. I hope, this is the game of 2011. Noting more to say.
  57. May 18, 2011
    One of the best game I've ever played! Story is great and adult! Graphic is gorgeous! I've found only little glitches in controls - I'm using xbox controller and sometimes I have problem with choosing right spell or target loot/doors/chest ect. I guess it will be fixed shortly.
  58. May 18, 2011
    One of the best games ive have the privilege to play in a long time, this is the future of gaming. Well done in taking RPG to the next level. Kind of weird to see so many weirdos from BSN here rating a great game down, just feeling butthurt i guess cause DA2 was a flop.
  59. May 18, 2011
    Excellent game, about time we had a good RPG this year so 8 of 10 from me. BUT for all those scoring 0 I'll just have to add +2 to balance things out.
  60. May 18, 2011
    Witcher 2 will be simply the best RPG of all time.

Wonderful graphics, deep characters and living world from Sapkowski's books. It consumes you as you play with incredible plot and addicting gameplay. Simply the best! Wonderful graphics, deep characters and living world from Sapkowski's books. It consumes you as you play with incredible plot and addicting gameplay. Wonderful graphics,
    Witcher 2 will be simply the best RPG of all time.

Simply the best!
  61. May 18, 2011
    If I could give this game an 11 I would in a heartbeat. The Witcher 2 is what happens you some of the most quality game developers actually care about their customers, and release a game that reflects that in every way.
  62. May 18, 2011
    I had to register and post my opinions on this game to counterbalance some of this dragon age/witcher stuff even though i am only 4-5 hours in. It is a real treat to play a game this loved by the developers, you can tell in every detail that it was given real thought and attention. The menus (confusing as they are) show this love and attention to detail just as much as the combat engineI had to register and post my opinions on this game to counterbalance some of this dragon age/witcher stuff even though i am only 4-5 hours in. It is a real treat to play a game this loved by the developers, you can tell in every detail that it was given real thought and attention. The menus (confusing as they are) show this love and attention to detail just as much as the combat engine and the astoundingly beautiful areas (the forest especially takes my breath away).

Combat: Hard but fair. This is not a game where you can play a tank or a spell caster or a rogue you have to play as a witcher and as such fight like one, using cunning, traps, magic and potions just as much as your sword. If you can't do that this game isn't for you. Often even during the start i found myself dying during fights only to go back and try a new strategy, its very rewarding to finally have a game that challenges you. This really is the polar opposite of other fantasy games like fable.

Story/Voice acting. This aspect is significantly improved over its predecessor, the voice acting especially being some of the best in recent years, although there is the odd poorly done character but typically reserved for minor characters. Only 5 hours in and the story is good, once again its a chase after someone who has wronged you but seems well paced, i especially like the motion comic flashbacks.

Dragon age: Is it better? That depends, i played both for me DA2 is a solid 7.5 as it had no real story no motive that failed to drive me. All i ask is that you look at the 0 reviews of the witcher 2 (and probably some of the 10's) with a little scepticism a quick glance shows a lot of these have given DA2 a 10 W2 a 0. If the witcher 2 continues to hold my attention for its duration then it will be one hell of a game.
  63. May 18, 2011
    One of the best cRPG I have ever played. Stunning visuals, immersing world, great music and voice acting. Ther are some minor flaws to, but Red's showed us that they support they products like no other studio. Its 9/10 in my opinion, but someone need to balance DAII fanboys.
  64. May 18, 2011
    For a full and honest review from someone who has actually played the game and isn't a troll named anything refering to bioware check out my blog on IGN.com user kane_darkhorn. Trust me its worth it.
  65. May 18, 2011
    10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The best RPG game so far this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  66. May 18, 2011
    I am trying to think of an accurate way to describe this game, which has completely blown me away. How about the best RPG I have played since Planescape Torment? I hope that says enough.
  67. May 18, 2011
    This is one of the best games i've ever palyed. Form interesting characters to incredibly deep story. I'm playing the game all the time and cant wait to see mode DLC and official addons.
  68. May 19, 2011
    Right now I am at the end of act 2 and I have to say that this is one of the best rpg's I've played since Gothic 2. Graphics are stunning [although you need a solid pc to run it smoothly] combat is similar to dark souls and on higher diffilcutly levels it forces strategic approach which is a very positive thing, because you won't be able to do a lot with simple button-mashing. EnglishRight now I am at the end of act 2 and I have to say that this is one of the best rpg's I've played since Gothic 2. Graphics are stunning [although you need a solid pc to run it smoothly] combat is similar to dark souls and on higher diffilcutly levels it forces strategic approach which is a very positive thing, because you won't be able to do a lot with simple button-mashing. English voice acting is top notch and even though the mood of the game is very grim, there is also a lot of humour floating around [especially dialogues]. The whole world of the witcher is living, npc's do their usual jobs through the day and there is no good or bad side. Anyone can stab you in the back even though at first they look friendly. Musical side of the game is similar to that in the first witcher so everone who felt in love with 'the river of live" or "lakeside music" should be satisfied. I could write a lot more about why this game is a perfect goty candidate but Im about to start act 3. And by the way, 0 scores are comming mostly from frustated bioware employees so just ignore them. Expand
  69. May 19, 2011
    Do not let the trolls fool you, TW2 is a great game, probably GOTY. Awesome graphics, if your PC can handle it, great story and fast paced combat that is actually difficult. So far the only thing I didn't like were the stealth sections, but that's only my opinion.
  70. May 19, 2011
    Probably one of the best RPGs we have ever seen.Great RPG elements (for example, I don't remember another recent great RPG where items had weight), meaningful choices and multiple paths, superb engine optimization, top graphics (even though is directx9 and that says something!), stunning soundtrack and very few bugs.
  71. May 19, 2011
    This really blows Dragon Age 2 out of the water. Kudos to the Dev team. Free DLC! Amazing Graphics! Smooth (brand new) engine. Beware: The combat is a little hard, but when you get used to it, it's a blast. RPG of the year 2011!
  72. May 19, 2011
    I was a huge fan of The first Witcher game to the point it made me buy the two novels that the game was based one. Considering this I was hoping the sequel would not be a let down and it wasn't! The graphics is stunning. The combat is a huge improvement compared to its predecessor. I enjoy the continuation of the story script where it's a darker world filled with consequences. Plus no DRM,I was a huge fan of The first Witcher game to the point it made me buy the two novels that the game was based one. Considering this I was hoping the sequel would not be a let down and it wasn't! The graphics is stunning. The combat is a huge improvement compared to its predecessor. I enjoy the continuation of the story script where it's a darker world filled with consequences. Plus no DRM, this is my new drug! This has to be RPG game of the year 2011. Expand
  73. May 19, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Okay so take Dragon Age 2, then throw it out, burn it, and imagine from scratch a game that is not only good, but amazing, which is basically the complete polar opposite of Dragon Age 2. Then make that game real, and make it even BETTER, then lace it with gold and coat it in chocolate, and make it taste better than french vanilla ice cream with Reese's hard shell topping on it, but with like no calories and it actually makes you SLIMMER and gives you ABS. Now forget about all of that because no language has any words to describe how good The Witcher 2 is. To be fair and honest though, the game has a flaw. "Junk" type items can't be filtered out from the rest of your inventory and sold off easily Expand
  74. May 19, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What is difference between "RPG" and RPG. If you want best description you must try Witcher 2 and "all" others game in this tape of game. For many people, not only me its definitly GAME OF THE YEAR 2011. Breathtaking graphic and music, great non-linear plot with many consequences about your choices. I fall in love in witcher 2. For me its BEST game EVER. I know that there are a few bugs etc, but its imposible to fix everyting in so huge game. Want more, want more Gearlt, Zoltan, Triss. If someone grading this game below 9, he or she is absurd and shouldn't use the computer. For all maniac RPG - its best choice in this year. If you still dont have the game, go fast to shop to get it! Expand
  75. May 19, 2011
    Unequivocally the prettiest game I've ever played. The attention to detail is amazing. I didn't absolutely love the prologue, but everything is great from there. This can be a difficult game and the pacing is very old school RPG, so make sure to take your time and expect to die from time to time (unless you play on easy). Best RPG to come out in years.
  76. May 28, 2011
    beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeest game ever
  77. May 20, 2011
    An absolutely breathtaking game, that constantly keeps you interested and immersed within the game world to such a degree that even while your not playing it, your thinking about it! I haven't encountered a game that is as addictive and graphically stunning as this and hopefully it will be a new benchmark for future games to meet. Aside from the graphics, the content within the gameAn absolutely breathtaking game, that constantly keeps you interested and immersed within the game world to such a degree that even while your not playing it, your thinking about it! I haven't encountered a game that is as addictive and graphically stunning as this and hopefully it will be a new benchmark for future games to meet. Aside from the graphics, the content within the game itself is top-notch, not just the main quest but also the side-quests as everything builds up into one large adventure. The voice acting and dialogue is up there with the best, but one thing pushes this game infront of the others. That is the amount of choices you, as a player are overwhelmed with throughout the game. You may be like me and spend as much time in your inventory screen as you do when deciding which option to pick in an important conversation. The combat has a fairly steep learning curve which in my opinion is a positive aspect of the game, considering that it actually feels like a challenge and not one of those games you can just hack and slash your way through without much care and it also adds to the replayability (not just the 16 different endings). Once you gain the hang of it you'll be smiling as you send the limbs of your opponents flying off into a pool of blood with some awsome swordplay. For me this game has rekindled my love for the RPG genre and PC games in general. A definate favourite for the year and look foward to the free DLC.
    One bit of advice..... pick it up if you haven't, definatley a game thats worth the dolla!
  78. May 25, 2011
    I am both amazed at the improvements to Geralt's virtual world as I am disappointed in the new combat system. I was a big fan of The Witcher, and I am learning to enjoy The Witcher 2. The Witcher had me from the first hour of play. The Witcher 2 does not have the same magic, IMHO. I'm sure the forthcoming patch will improve things. Kudos to everything but the dumbed down console styleI am both amazed at the improvements to Geralt's virtual world as I am disappointed in the new combat system. I was a big fan of The Witcher, and I am learning to enjoy The Witcher 2. The Witcher had me from the first hour of play. The Witcher 2 does not have the same magic, IMHO. I'm sure the forthcoming patch will improve things. Kudos to everything but the dumbed down console style play. The latter along with weakening the character does not make for a great for a better game. The authors should have stuck to PC or programmed a separate track for PC. Still entertaining. Expand
  79. May 22, 2011
    Game looks absolutely fantastic... Great writing... The well narrated non-linear story.. Nice... very nice... I'm love it :) Well done CD Projekt Red !!!!!!
  80. May 23, 2011
    It's a good game, much better than Dragon Crap 2. The Combat has a learning curve and go's from hard to too easy later in the game. The graphics and aesthetics are great. The story is great, and the combat can be great. It's nice to play a game where you are not in the same town the entire game with recycled stages and horrible graphics.
  81. May 23, 2011
    Kudos CD Project. Awesome game, GOTY in my book. It is what an RPG is all about, in depth story and amazing game play. Choices impacts the game so much that you can see different towns all together. Graphics are amazing and it's by far the most gorgeous, I'm on GTX560 Ti and its really beautiful on medium specs (if you can run it on High, you're in for a treat). Dragon Age 2 was a hugeKudos CD Project. Awesome game, GOTY in my book. It is what an RPG is all about, in depth story and amazing game play. Choices impacts the game so much that you can see different towns all together. Graphics are amazing and it's by far the most gorgeous, I'm on GTX560 Ti and its really beautiful on medium specs (if you can run it on High, you're in for a treat). Dragon Age 2 was a huge letdown, but this game definitely brought a tear to my eye. GO GET IT! Expand
  82. May 27, 2011
    I must admit that I am not a hardcore RPG fan and that might be why the high tempo fighting was a huge pro for me. The inventory system can be a bit tedious at times but it doesn't take anything away from this masterpiece.

In a nutshell, The Witcher 2 has great interactive story, fluent exiting combat and a lot of room to develop your character towards your desired path.
  83. May 24, 2011
    The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is simply one of the best games ever made! Very complex story, awesome fighting system, really beautiful graphics - this game has it all. Game of the year IMO.
  84. May 25, 2011
    Sensational game. CD Projekt will be rubbing shoulders with Blizzard and Valve soon if they keep up this quality. The attention to detail throughout is on a new level, you can't help but stop and gaze through a markets goods or simply watch villagers as they go about their day-to-day business. The story so far is enthralling and the character design is Blizzard standard. Hat's off to CDSensational game. CD Projekt will be rubbing shoulders with Blizzard and Valve soon if they keep up this quality. The attention to detail throughout is on a new level, you can't help but stop and gaze through a markets goods or simply watch villagers as they go about their day-to-day business. The story so far is enthralling and the character design is Blizzard standard. Hat's off to CD Projekt, I've not been so happy with a purchase in as long as I can remember.â Expand
  85. May 26, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bioware fanboys trying to lower score of Witcher , its only shows how this game is great. CDP RED is new king of cRPG's and nothing change that... This game is a absolutely brilliant. 10/10. Expand
  86. Jun 1, 2011
    As a hardcore Dragon Age Origins fan I hate to say this but... I suggest you buy the Witcher 2 instead of Dragon Age 2. The Witcher 2 is without a doubt a if not; THE top contender for the best RPG of the year. The developers has actually spent time developing and designing this sequel unlike those lazy bastards of BioWare and Witcher 2 is truly a great game. I suggest picking this gameAs a hardcore Dragon Age Origins fan I hate to say this but... I suggest you buy the Witcher 2 instead of Dragon Age 2. The Witcher 2 is without a doubt a if not; THE top contender for the best RPG of the year. The developers has actually spent time developing and designing this sequel unlike those lazy bastards of BioWare and Witcher 2 is truly a great game. I suggest picking this game up anyday. Expand
  87. May 19, 2011
    Saying that The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is an insulting understatement. The story has a lot of branching paths. Three or four playthroughs will not be enough. Combat is kind of hard to understand to begin with. But once you get the past the hurdle, it will feel like that you have mastered something important. Graphics wise, the game just looks great. It might be DX9, but it's good.Saying that The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is an insulting understatement. The story has a lot of branching paths. Three or four playthroughs will not be enough. Combat is kind of hard to understand to begin with. But once you get the past the hurdle, it will feel like that you have mastered something important. Graphics wise, the game just looks great. It might be DX9, but it's good. The only downside is that you need a monster machine to run it at full settings. Single GPU cards just can't handle it. Or maybe there is something wrong with the coding of the game. I hope that CDPR will fix that with patches.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of KIngs can be compared to -- dare I say it -- Baldur's Gate 2: SOA. It is simply epic. Thank you CD Projekt RED for developing a PC game that the PC gaming community really deserved. It feels good to be remembered as a gamer.
  88. May 19, 2011
    They managed to do what Bioware/EA was trying to do with the Dragon Age IP , except they didn't completely **** the bed, destroy the franchise and lose 90% of their fans and customers!

I'm only a few hours into the game, but the plot and characters are extremely compelling, the combat is a blast, although it would have been nice if the difficulty ramped up a bit more slowly. A guy shouldn't have to reload a save two dozen times during the TUTORIAL while he's trying to get a feel for the system...

The graphics are amazing, and run flawlessly at max settings on my middle of the road PC. (2.0ghz amd quad, 6 gb ram, radeon 5770)
  89. May 17, 2011
    Awesome game. Now i'm a massive Bioware fan, but the difference between this release and Dragon Age 2. CD Projeckt have made the game they wanted to make and the game the fans wanted, rather than trying to appeal the lowest common denominator as Bioware did. Deep RPG mechanics, excellent combat, engaging story, brilliant characters, and best of all, choices which really matter

I

I should also mention the excellent amount of stuff you get in the box! It made me feel like i was a kid ripping open an Atari ST game again!
  90. May 21, 2011
    Thank you for this game. After seeing what happened to the Dragon Age franchise with the utter failure of DA2 I completely lost my love for RPGs and gaming in general. I was nervous that all companies would adopt the BioWare/EA business model of producing terrible games and relying on their marketing department to push their products. The first 30 minutes of The Witcher 2 changed all ofThank you for this game. After seeing what happened to the Dragon Age franchise with the utter failure of DA2 I completely lost my love for RPGs and gaming in general. I was nervous that all companies would adopt the BioWare/EA business model of producing terrible games and relying on their marketing department to push their products. The first 30 minutes of The Witcher 2 changed all of that. I'm the typical, "I want to choose my race/class/name when I play an RPG!" gamer but the Witcher 2's story is so engrossing that I feel more for The Witcher than I have in more customizable RPG games. Each decision TRULY impacts the story. Combat is challenging and requires serious forethought even on normal difficulty. Magic, alchemy, and traps MUST be used on higher difficulties. Its like Demon Souls meets an incredibly well written RPG for adults. This game feels and plays like a game designed for true RPG fans. Thank you so much. I'm going to play the hell out of this game! Expand
  91. May 22, 2011
    An absolute triumph in the art of RPG storytelling. By far the most compelling characters, boldest storytelling, and most enjoyable combat in any RPG designed to date. Look on and despair, Bioware, for the RPG of the Year won't be yours this time. While Atari has made a few blunders in the marketing of this superb game, that does not detract from CDProject's mastery of game design. I'm aAn absolute triumph in the art of RPG storytelling. By far the most compelling characters, boldest storytelling, and most enjoyable combat in any RPG designed to date. Look on and despair, Bioware, for the RPG of the Year won't be yours this time. While Atari has made a few blunders in the marketing of this superb game, that does not detract from CDProject's mastery of game design. I'm a long time fan of RPGs in general and CDProject in particular as a master of the genre, and this is certainly one of my favourites. If you enjoy good RPGs, mature stories that don't insult your intelligence, wonderfully human fleshed-out characters, and engaging combat, this is the baby for you. Expand
  92. May 26, 2011
    Made an account just to review this game. This is easily one of the best RPGs of the last decade. You can really feel the passion and love the developers put into this game. Everything, every environment, every character has its own unique and interesting personality. The graphics and environments are absolutely breathtaking. They really pull you into the world. The story is mature andMade an account just to review this game. This is easily one of the best RPGs of the last decade. You can really feel the passion and love the developers put into this game. Everything, every environment, every character has its own unique and interesting personality. The graphics and environments are absolutely breathtaking. They really pull you into the world. The story is mature and keeps you on the edge of your seat. The combat is fast, visceral and exciting requiring fast reflexes and tactical play. It does a great job of being a tactical action RPG, which most games cannot pull off. If you're a serious RPG gamer, you must have this game. Expand
  93. May 17, 2011
    Perfect, fantastic and amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  94. May 17, 2011
    Best RPG 2011. Im sure about it. Good combat, nonlinear storyline, timekilling gameplay. Interacive movies by BioWare is suxx. First RPG funs hope in long long time. Thanks for this passion
  95. May 20, 2011
    This is GOTY for sure.10/10! I dont know why people hate this masterpiece... You need to play in this **** awesome game! Now i just need to wait for tw 3 :(
  96. May 18, 2011
    Im a gamer with a 20 years of experience and I have to say that Witcher 2 is amazing! One of the best RPG's ever created. Great story, great combat mechanics It runs smooth on my old laptop. Dragon Age 2 is a joke compared to Witcher 2 and after BioWare employees gave so many zeros to Witcher I will never buy any game from this studio ever again.
  97. May 23, 2011
    This is the best RPG I have played in the longest time. It's deep, beautiful, engrossing, and has very fun and dynamic combat. BUY THIS GAME. right now.
  98. May 19, 2011
    Has a legit claim for the greatest RPG of this generation.
    Has a legit claim for the greatest RPG of this generation.
    This might be a strange comparison but The Witcher 2 reminds of Metal Gear Solid franchise. The immaculate attention to detail in almost every category, the story telling, the character and world design, the cinematics, the depth of gameplay, music and of course the graphics. Of course you can say Mass Effect 2 can almost fuflil everything I just mentioned, the difference is The Witcher 2 hasn't forgotten its root as a hardcore RPG and thats a blessing.
  99. May 19, 2011
    Most people do not even tried playing as much as one hour, they probably faced the first fight scene and pressed alt+f4 and started saying "it's arcarde", "boring", "easy" or "sooo difficulty". Maybe most of the people that gives 0 here, not only are bioware fa...fanboys but are not used to see a PC Exclusive so damn good. The combat system can be as difficulty as hell sometimes, butMost people do not even tried playing as much as one hour, they probably faced the first fight scene and pressed alt+f4 and started saying "it's arcarde", "boring", "easy" or "sooo difficulty". Maybe most of the people that gives 0 here, not only are bioware fa...fanboys but are not used to see a PC Exclusive so damn good. The combat system can be as difficulty as hell sometimes, but that's what's make it worth playing, cause for the first time in a long time you need to actually think what you're gonna do and literally forces you to use everything you have just as traps, bombs, swords and signs in different ways and with different enemies and that's what makes this game so dynamical. But The Witcher 2 isn't just about the combat system, you might love the other features, you gotta love the history, the characters, the amazing sound and the most incredibly graphics I've ever seen in my life.

But in the end this game have flaws as any other game, you're going to see crashes, glitches, minor bugs, some in the IA or just something things not that well "finished" but everything or almost everything can be fix with patches within time. And those things can be stressfull at times, but they can't make this game look bad at all.

A game nowadays lives longer if you launch DLCs and people got so used to the way Bioware or Activision do things that they forget the amazing thing CDP Red is doing for us, giving DLCs free of a charge and keeping the game fresh from time to time and that's something people forgot a lot in reviews but are as important as graphics or gameplay.

I'm not giving 10 just because it's a "almost perfect" game, I'm giving it 10 cause CDP Red deserves it for been such a respectful company with us, gamers, and for showing bigger companys that games more complexes can sell, that we don't need games to be dumbed down and we don't want them.

Congrats CPD Red, you deserve it, truly.
  100. May 19, 2011
    Great writing, fast yet complex/challenging combat, great graphics, good voice acting, amazing attention to detail.
    I usually love BioWare games, but DA2 is not even near Witcher 2. Everything is awesome here, music, cinematics, dialogs/story, graphics/environments/details, combat, characters.
  101. Jun 19, 2011
    Game has a story I can really get into mixed in with solid gameplay and combat. Played it on hard and it actually gave me a ridiculously hard yet rewarding experience right to the end of the game. Replaying it again because your choices affect the outcome of the story and I want to see what I missed. Tip: If the fights seem too hard, you just need to adjust how you approach them. EveryGame has a story I can really get into mixed in with solid gameplay and combat. Played it on hard and it actually gave me a ridiculously hard yet rewarding experience right to the end of the game. Replaying it again because your choices affect the outcome of the story and I want to see what I missed. Tip: If the fights seem too hard, you just need to adjust how you approach them. Every enemy type acts differently and has a Achilles Heel. Collapse

1. Oct 21, 2011