9.3

1. May 27, 2015
    As of 2015, this is the best story and/or open world rpg ever made. In regards to the story, which is the most important part of any story driven rpg, I should note that the significant accomplishment here isn't the amazing main quest storyline (which is amazing) but rather the quality of the side quests. Until now -every single- open world game (I'm looking at you TES, DAI) suffers fromAs of 2015, this is the best story and/or open world rpg ever made. In regards to the story, which is the most important part of any story driven rpg, I should note that the significant accomplishment here isn't the amazing main quest storyline (which is amazing) but rather the quality of the side quests. Until now -every single- open world game (I'm looking at you TES, DAI) suffers from boring, unscripted, often dialog-less side quests ranging from "go kill this" to "go fetch that". In Witcher3 practically every single side quest I have encountered, and make no mistake there are a LOT of them, has not only had scripted dialog but often has fully fleshed out stories filled with plot twists and interesting characters. This is contrasted with the latest Dragon Age game in which pretty much every side quest was a piece of paper you read off the ground that directs you to go loot a chest or kill something, without even a word of dialog. How the devs managed such detail is beyond me, it's an absolutely outstanding accomplishment.

The graphics were "downgraded" for consoles a little bit, sure, but the game still is the best looking rpg I have ever played, and I found the framerate to be optimized very well, which is something people often overlook. I can run everything on Ultra (except Hairworks) with my old 7970 and maintain >50 fps. I just don't get the 100 negative reviews on here. No other open world game even comes CLOSE to Witcher 3. Looking through those reviews these morons are giving the game 1/10 because they don't like the controls (which are fine), or they claim the graphics are not "great", even though no other open world game comes close in this regard. Ignore them, this game should be rated 100/100.
  2. May 27, 2015
    Best Open world RPG for Next Gen consoles by far. Story line is very in depth and interchanging. The decisions you make really do matter. Graphics are very realistic and changes in weather and time of day really deepen the experience. Loot system is great and always finding new locations and side quests keeps me hunting for more.
  3. May 27, 2015
    I am normally very reserved in assigning a 10/10 rating to anything. While The Witcher 3 is not perfect, it is one of the finest games I've ever played in 30 years of playing video games. The scope and size of the game is enormous, feels like 2x the size of Skyrim. At about 35 hours in, I've only explored about 50% of the map. This game takes all that was good about Mass Effect, DragonI am normally very reserved in assigning a 10/10 rating to anything. While The Witcher 3 is not perfect, it is one of the finest games I've ever played in 30 years of playing video games. The scope and size of the game is enormous, feels like 2x the size of Skyrim. At about 35 hours in, I've only explored about 50% of the map. This game takes all that was good about Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Skyrim, and of course, previous Witcher titles and wraps them in one cohesive package. Graphics, atmosphere, sound is second to none, the attention to detail is amazing. And the game runs well and is stable: I struggle to remember coming across any bugs.

I would like to give a shout out to the writers and translators. I don't think I've vocally chuckled or thought that's impressive forshadowing, symbolism, clever writing ect so many times in a game.

I'd also like to thank the animators for making human and animal movement soooo very good. For the first time in any game I can remember, character's faces actually express emotion correctly and consistantly!
  4. Jun 1, 2015
    SCORE: 99/100

The hype was worth it, and more. A morally grey world with the best quests ever made in a game. It is officially the best video game I have ever played in my life. It will stick with me forever. The best story I've ever seen in a game and it rivals even Lord of the Rings for books and movies. It has amazing graphics, and continues to impress as you crank it to 1600p and
    SCORE: 99/100

The best story I've ever seen in a game and it rivals even Lord of the Rings for books and movies. It has amazing graphics, and continues to impress as you crank it to 1600p and ultra everything.

The most innovative and intriguing thing about the game is that decisions you make matter (without a simple good/evil bar), and often you will not know the extent of your decisions for hours or even tens of hours (none of this "so and so will remember that" from Telltale games and none of the simple and obvious good/bad choices of almost every other game ever.

It also has fantastic setting and lore, which pays lots of fan service to Witcher 2 fans (like me) but is absolutely accessible to people who never played either other game (like my wife). Finally, it is just plain ridiculously fun and never got old even after 135 hours.

Yes, it is a bit clunky to control (but only out of combat), the swimming is atrociously bad, the inventory cannot be sorted, and some other minor issues as well. But when you absolutely nail every other part of your game, it just doesn't matter.
  5. May 30, 2015
    Well, after a little over 100 hours and completing the main story, I'll try to gather my thoughts.

The game is absolutely massive. Even if all you do is the main story, you'll roam all across the map, sail across the sea, see many different and amazing things. The points of interest and secondary wuests scattered around the world feel organic, and the people who give you the quests genuinely feel in need, and make you want to help them.

Of all the secondary objectives, Witcher contracts are by far my favorite. You track down the monster who you've been contracted to kill to find out what it is, so you can prepare yourself for the fight. The bestiary then gives you information on the monster and what is required to kill it, including it's weaknesses and how to make it vulnerable. Tracking and killing the monsters in this game is an incredibly rewarding experience, and by far my favorite thing to do in this game.
  6. Jun 4, 2015
    I just finished the game after 70 hours, and I have to say my opinion of this game now is drastically different from that of the first 20 hours.

I think this game has many flaws, such as mechanics, skills and abilities design, enemy and encounter designs and level design so on. Games like Skyrim and Bloodborne have much more entertaining core gameplay. But the Witcher 3 redefines the

But the Witcher 3 redefines the scope and depth of what a game's narrative can hold. Although the narrative isn't terribly interesting in the beginning, it soon expands into a vast variety of different stories that are woven together into a coherent and vigorous narrative spanning many hours. This is something we haven't seen in RPG storytelling before. I suspect this was where the bulk of the game's efforts went into, and it's the part that remains with you after the credits roll.

If RPG's before the witcher were analogous to teenage fiction with A to B straightforward storytelling, the Witcher 3 feels like a complex novel you have to struggle through, but the very act of navigating such a complex narrative is an entertaining and rewarding exercise in itself.

I think the scoring of this game as a 9.3 vs a 9.5 comes down to what weighting you give to the "game" portion vs the "role-playing" portion. With my criteria prior to playing this game, I would have given it a 9.3, because I believed that games should foremost be games. However, The Witcher 3 completely works as just a piece of interactive entertainment, with the emphasis on the participation in the broader narrative more than the moment to moment gameplay. As an experience, even with its gameplay shortcomings, I think this game deserves the distinction of one of the top 10 video"game" experiences ever.
  7. May 27, 2015
    This game is a masterpiece. It is possible that it is the greatest rpg game ever. Side quests are not boring, the game world is huge, weapons are great and combat although has some minor problems, is glorious.
  8. Jun 1, 2015
    This game is brilliant. The quests are interesting, and the cut scenes are cinematic quality...and there are TONS of them with great dialogue. The combat excellent, and there's a lot of interesting stuff that you find if you jump off the trail and just explore around. Sometimes just riding your horse through the countryside and listening to the gorgeous soundtrack can be a satisfyingThis game is brilliant. The quests are interesting, and the cut scenes are cinematic quality...and there are TONS of them with great dialogue. The combat excellent, and there's a lot of interesting stuff that you find if you jump off the trail and just explore around. Sometimes just riding your horse through the countryside and listening to the gorgeous soundtrack can be a satisfying experience by itself. I'm about 50 hours in, and there's still so much more to go. There are three sets of awesome witcher gear you can craft (light, medium, heavy armor sets) and whichever you like the best you can keep upgrading it for four levels (base, enhanced, superior, master crafted) over the course of the game, so that's cool. Beware, your rig must have a pretty good graphics card and cpu to run this, or you will encounter slowdown, and even worse (such as in my case initially), the animations and the sound in the cut scenes will be way out of sync. This game actually prompted me to purchase a new GTX 960 just so I can see it properly. But wow, does the game look great. Trees blowing in the wind, the glare of the sun and billow of the sail as you sail your boat, the rippling water....people are making way too much of a fuss about the "graphics downgrade". It still looks great, and maybe it will get enhanced even more through mods in the future. There are possibly a few too many "follow the footprints" side quests, but there also a ton of really original quests and well written dialogue exchanges as well. I do wish that there were some "deeper" dungeons or ruins to explore, a bit more like Skyrim had, but the game is still a masterpiece RPG. And the in-game game of Gwent is pretty fun too. I've become obsessed with getting better Gwent cards... Expand
  9. May 21, 2015
    Fantastic RPG that delivers on the hype. First off, completely disregard the negative reviews complaining about a graphical downgrade. The video in question is 2 years old and CDPR have been completely honest about why the change was needed. Despite this the game still looks amazing. Fantastic detail in the world and the characters that inhabit it makes the game totally immersive.

The

The combat can at first feel clunky, but it's simply a learning curve. Once you adjust to the control scheme you will be flowing through the battles like a leaf on the wind, moving effortlessly through waves of monsters and humans alike, every motion feeling accurate and satisfying. The mixture of melee combat and the use of signs (your spells) is really satisfying, and once you invest skill points into the attributes you want, choose your appropriate bombs and potions and develop your own style of playing, each battle will feel more and more rewarding.

Of course the more you fight the same monsters you also develop specific tactics against them, you learn their attack patterns and can predict their movements to a degree, making you a better monster hunter as time goes on. Having a well detailed bestiary to consult is also very useful, reading the entries carefully will give you a huge advantage compared to going in blind. It makes you want to go out and find every book about monsters you can, to make sure you are prepared when encountering something you haven't fought before.

A big concern was the lack of scaled levelling on monsters and human enemies, but don't concern yourself with that. The game is designed in such a way that even enemies with a few levels beneath you can still be tough if you make a mistake, and enemies above you can still be taken out if you prepare well for a fight and utilize your weapons, signs and other gear well. That being said don't expect to be taking out some of the higher level monsters you may encounter, a lot of them are strong mythical beasts that will one shot you even if you are fully prepared for the fight. But all this means is that you have something to strive for.

Which brings me to my next point. The game is extremely story driven. There is so much dialogue, most of which is very important. Optional dialogue choices can provide you with so much information, be it a main quest or side quest and the voice acting is so well done you won't mind sitting there listening to the various characters chatting away about this or that.

The questing is set up into a few categories, Main quests which follow the story of the protagonist Geralt and his friends. Side quests which can range from helping a random traveller at the roadside to partaking in events that will in some way affect the main campaign. Witcher contracts that are notices placed up for you to identify and hunt a specific monster whilst also being able to negotiate your fee. Treasure hunts that are exactly what they sound like, hunts for treasure, and the many undiscovered locations throughout the world that can range from clearing a bandit camp and destroying a monster net, to finding places of power that will grant you skill points and buff you for a time.

All of this culminates in a game that will keep you busy for hours and there is so much to do at your level that the lack of scaled enemies won't even trouble you at all. There is real challenge as soon as you enter the world and you are completely free to explore and run around and discover.complete things however you wish.

Overall the game is rich, beautiful and exciting. If you are looking for a fast paced hack and slash fest you can rush to completion then this is not for you. Witcher 3 is meant to be enjoyed, and while you can play at whatever pace you wish, it would be a shame and totally irresponsible to skip through dialogue and rush through content, despite how exciting it is to reach the next big monster hunt.

If you had any doubts about buying this game because you are new to the series don't worry, everything that precedes the game is explained in decent detail, even allowing you to take part in an interactive cutscene that will allow you to make decisions from Witcher 2 that will directly affect your world. I am only 25 hours in and have hardly scratched the surface but I can safely say this is a GOTY contender.
  10. May 28, 2015
    Simply put: the greatest open world RPG ever made. I don't ever recall a game where I was trying to avoid to the main story, just so I can soak in the lore, the quests, the Witcher's Path and the amazing Slavic story-telling. To me, the greatest achievement of this game is staying true to the original novels - forgive me, Poland, but CDred's games are canon.
  11. May 27, 2015
    No game deserves a 10 because no game is perfect. But Witcher 3 deserves a 10. I only played an hour of The Witcher, but Witcher 2 was one of my favorite games. I was worried Witcher 3 was going to lose something in going open world, much like Inquisiton did. I was worried it wouldn't live up to my hopes, dreams, and imagination. I'm happy to say it did. The only things that hinder theNo game deserves a 10 because no game is perfect. But Witcher 3 deserves a 10. I only played an hour of The Witcher, but Witcher 2 was one of my favorite games. I was worried Witcher 3 was going to lose something in going open world, much like Inquisiton did. I was worried it wouldn't live up to my hopes, dreams, and imagination. I'm happy to say it did. The only things that hinder the game are the inevitable glitches of an open world game, and minor issues. Interacting with the environment objects when trying to loot, Roach not wanting to go over bridges, and difficulty looting because your not in the exact right spot. The quest have not devolved into "Collect 5 of these" like Inquisiton somewhat did. Many complained about Inquisiton that the opening area was large, and all subsequent areas varied from slightly smaller to much smaller. Witcher 3 does the opposite. The opening area is relatively small. My first thought was, " Oh **** Im going to blow through this in a week if it's this small. Then as soon as I finished the starting area I realized how immense the world was, and how filled it was with things to do. Every quest has character and importance to the local populace. I can go on for hours. Or at least an hour or two. The simplest way to put it is that this is the greatest Role Playing Game created to date. A must play for anyone who enjoys RPG's. CDProjekt accomplished what they set out to do. Now they just have to clean up the bugs, create some good DLC, and hopefully begin working on their next masterpiece. Expand
  12. Jun 1, 2015
    Amazing, the game graphics will surprise you even on low, cities are so well detailed, their structure are so beautifull, even poor houses. The game is fun, i played almost 30 hours, and i feel it is far from ending.

The only bad thing is the figthing animation, they look so fake
  13. May 19, 2015
    CDProjectRed lied alright: the consoles version doesn't run like the PC, the PC is much superior. I'm truly relieved as I feared the PC will run like the potatoes. Discard any concerns you have about graphic downgrade, the game is stunningly beautiful and with a GTX 970 I'm running a solid 60 FPS at 1080p, granted the hairworks hit the frame rates down to 40-50, but it's not really aCDProjectRed lied alright: the consoles version doesn't run like the PC, the PC is much superior. I'm truly relieved as I feared the PC will run like the potatoes. Discard any concerns you have about graphic downgrade, the game is stunningly beautiful and with a GTX 970 I'm running a solid 60 FPS at 1080p, granted the hairworks hit the frame rates down to 40-50, but it's not really a game changer. The game is well optimized and run great considering how big the world is and the landscape, lightning and faces details are gorgeous. As for the gameplay, it's head and shoulders above Witcher 2, very pleased especially about how smooth the combat is, and the story is so damn immersive that I have to cut this review short and get back to it. So many things to do in a truly grandiose open world grander than anything you've seen before. Expand
  14. Jun 22, 2015
    First RPG for which I broke off the night since Arcanum (and later I did it only for EU IV). The best RPG I played since Plancape Torment, first since it which makes me to drop a tear from time to time, to make me thought about it before falling asleep. It's has a lot of problems, there are things that may be done better, just like in Planscape, but there are things of really lowFirst RPG for which I broke off the night since Arcanum (and later I did it only for EU IV). The best RPG I played since Plancape Torment, first since it which makes me to drop a tear from time to time, to make me thought about it before falling asleep. It's has a lot of problems, there are things that may be done better, just like in Planscape, but there are things of really low importance. What it's really important, the story, climate, immersion, filing and just pure pleasure, fact that you fill that you make a difference, choices which really matters and you take a while when balancing options, this all important things that made RPG a RPG, not a action game with rpg elements like Skyrim, this all important stuff is on Superior level to anything that I seen in last 13 years! (i know that Planscape premier was earlier, but I played it first time 13 years ago). Expand
  15. May 21, 2015
    It's Thursday, May 21st. The Witcher 3 launched on the 18th. The developers have released two patches to address issues and community concerns already. I have 28 hours of playtime under my belt and I can honestly say this is the most fun I have had in a video game in over a decade. A single player video game, even longer. The Witcher 3 is a 10/10, CD Projekt Red has hit a home run withIt's Thursday, May 21st. The Witcher 3 launched on the 18th. The developers have released two patches to address issues and community concerns already. I have 28 hours of playtime under my belt and I can honestly say this is the most fun I have had in a video game in over a decade. A single player video game, even longer. The Witcher 3 is a 10/10, CD Projekt Red has hit a home run with this one guys.

The main difference between this game and other RPGs is the quests are all wonderful. Every side-quest is well thought out and fun to complete. There is absolutely none of that "kill 10 x and loot 8 y" nonsense that plagues modern RPGs like a pox. Everything I have experienced in this game has been consistently enriching and enjoyable. The Witcher 3 even comes loaded with a full-blown TCG that is associated with quests lines of its own that span the entire continent. I have enjoyed traveling from village to village to challenge innkeepers and win their special cards as much as I have enjoyed hunting monsters during witcher contracts.

It has been a long time since I felt the need to eagerly listen to and dissect every piece of dialogue in a video game. The voice acting is top notch, leading to wonderful, compelling character encounters. In terms of side-quests there is so much to do, so many monsters to hunt, so many problems to solve, and so many Gwent cards to win that most players will find themselves completely overwhelmed in the best possible way.

The combat is a stellar improvement over The Witcher 2, adapting to the type of monster you're encountering is probably the most exciting part for me. Bringing down a wyvern with a crossbow just feels wonderful, binding a wraith to the physical plain to do maximum damage really immerses you in the game. Preparing for a tough monster during a contract quest feels great, going in knowing you're prepared for the situation is as rewarding as collecting the sweet sweet loot after.

It has been a long long time since a game convinced me it is occurring in its own world, but the Witcher 3 does it. The last time I felt this way was Ultima Online, circa 1997. Like I said at the beginning of my review, The Witcher 3 is a 10/10.
  16. May 21, 2015
    This game is truly amazing! Awesome graphics and amazing story. I did not encounter even a single bug to be honest. Best action RPG of all time? Propably YES!
  17. May 26, 2015
    How does one put a game like Witcher 3 under a review? I have been a gamer for nearly 30 years, and every now and then a game company comes along and breaks with the trends of the day and delivers something innovative, something fresh, and something special. Witcher 3 is that type of trend breaking game. CDPR set out to break a few ideals with the whole monetized gaming trend and I for oneHow does one put a game like Witcher 3 under a review? I have been a gamer for nearly 30 years, and every now and then a game company comes along and breaks with the trends of the day and delivers something innovative, something fresh, and something special. Witcher 3 is that type of trend breaking game. CDPR set out to break a few ideals with the whole monetized gaming trend and I for one am very thankful they did just that with their game. But Witcher 3 houses something different, that at first I was frustrated with, but as my time within the game grew, I started to realize exactly what I was experiencing.
    There are two schools of thought on providing players with a sense of choice and freedom within a game story system. Mass Effect, where the player is not aware of the choices long term impacts, yet has the freedom to return and correct their choices, or the Walking Dead style of choice where the player is granted knowledge of the choices they are about to make and thus can make a choice with some level of long term awareness. In both cases the sense of accountability and ownership of the choice is lost with the player, and thus, the choice losses its sense of purpose, or meaning, which hurts the story and the players experience within the game.
    Witcher 3 just changed player choice entirely. Here I became immediately annoyed at the sheer amount of choices from big to small, I was constantly having to make choices as to quests, side quests, main stories, exploration, how to handle a random encounter with bandits, and I was forced to give up trying to even track or pay attention to them all. It just becomes impossible, but in this annoyance I found peace, and a whole new immersive experience. Rather than trying to track my choices so I could attempt to know how my choices would work out later, I just gave up, and let the game work its magic on me. Now I was making choices out of my own feelings, emotions, and mood. If I hated a character I was dealing with, I might react too quickly or aggressively, or if I liked the character I might grant them their life, or let them keep their gold.
    But I was not prepared for the first full realization of my choices until much later when faced with a harsh situation, and my choices ended up costing someone their life. I will not spoil that moment for anyone, but trust me when Gerald ended up flashing back to important moments in my past choices, I realized just how responsible I was for that death. Now the magic here is I wanted to save this person but I could not even if I wanted to, see although I had made important choices are important moments, it really was the smaller choices in between those important moments that shaped the long term out come. I would have had to literally start my game over to have any hope of ensuring different choices for a possible different outcome. The choices are so numerous it caused me to feel ownership and be accountable for my choices, much in the same way we do in real life.
    That moment in Witcher 3 made me realize that CDPR have changed the industry and set a new high standard for player choice in games. Choices that should make the player aware of potential long term impacts were clear just as they would be in real life. The difference is that you had no idea how they would later impact the other multiple story lines within the game. Each having multiple further impacts, all building or taking away from long term changes. It was impossible to track, or understand how a moment earlier could potentially impact something long term later, and this was special.
    As a player I was now fully aware that how I reacted to even the smallest of situations had purpose, had depth, and was important to the world I was playing within Witcher 3. People felt alive, and reacted as such. For the first time in a video game I felt ownership for my choices, and I felt grief and sadness for what I had caused, even though I didn't know it until it was to late. For this reason, I have found myself excited about CDPR and Witcher 3.
    The game is beautiful on so many levels outside of just graphics, and honestly graphics should not be the purpose behind why a game succeeds or fails. Game play, story, immersion, and entertainment are all the right reasons to support a game. The ability for the story to be told on multiple levels, and through the use of player interaction with a world that is alive and fully aware of the player in that world, matters. You will find yourself wanting to know more about the smallest of side quests, and each one has its own story that you will care to learn and explore. Witcher 3 is a special game, many are not even aware of that fact yet, but they will soon enough.
  18. May 21, 2015
    All I can say is WOW!!! Simply amazing. So far the best game of 2015. The only challenger on the horizon is Just Cause 3 & that doesn't come out till Holiday 2015. You might want to set an alarm when playing as it is so immersive you can easily lose track of time. Step aside Skyrim your RPG reign is at an end.
  19. Jun 8, 2015
    Witcher 3.... the bar has now been set. This is what passionate enthusiasts can create when left alone and given enough time and resources. The Witcher 3 is a masterpiece and it is going to be a very tough act to follow, I believe it will be a very long time before we see a game like this again.

This is a truly deep and mature RPG, brutally hard on the two highest difficulty settings and requiring much, much more from the player than simple button mashing. This is a deep, complex, intelligent and mature RPG for a mature audience. The story goes to great lengths to avoid clichés, and even pokes fun at them at times. For someone like myself, who has more than 15 years of RPG experience, it is a real treat to be able to take part in this world.

I don't give out perfect 10/10 easily but here is a game that truly deserves it, CD Projekt RED has gone above and beyond to realize their vision. There are few niggles here and there, small things that could be improved perhaps. But knowing CD Projekt RED they will continue to polish this masterpiece a few more times before they finally call it done.

If you like RPG's buying the Witcher 3 is a no brainer, it is a game you simply have to play. And when you do be sure to savour it and take your time. This is one of the finest RPG's of our generation
  20. May 22, 2015
    First of all, yes, this game doesn't look as good as the 2013 trailer. I didn't think it was possible with current hardware. This sparked a "Downgrade" controversy that has 13 year olds claiming this game looks like a cartoony console port.
    Let me get this out of the way. Despite the "downgraded" visuals, this is the most visually stunning open world game I have seen so far. I am constantly stopping my horse and telling myself "Geez, this looks amazing!".

What's really incredible is how well it looks and performs with modest hardware. My i5 3570k+R9 280 handles the game just fine at 1080p with every thing set to Ultra except for shadows and foliage distance (set to High). Had this game been developed by Ubisoft, you would've needed a Quad SLI/Crossfire set up to run it at 720P with only half the draw distance.

There has also been claims of the game crashing. I started playing with patch 1.03 and have not had a single technical issue the 18hrs I've played so far. Can you say the same about any other AAA title out there? CDProjectRed needs to be commended for delivering such a solid title, specially when you consider the scope of the game.

Gameplay-wise, this is truly an evolution of previous Witcher games. The stories and environments are familiar but in a much grander scale. Complex political machinations are delivered in a simple enough way that even a simpleton like myself can understand, yet do not sacrifice any of the entertainment value.
    The combat is much better than previous titles. Don't expect tight controls like Dark Souls, but it is fun and satisfying enough to stop it like feeling like a chore.

I could go on forever talking about this game and how good it is. I really could! But let me just say it has been years since I bought a game that has made me stop my life just so I could play. The Witcher 3 has exceeded my expectations in every way.
  21. May 21, 2015
    While I feel the game's a mid-90s in quality, I'm bumping that up to 10 to offset the various 0s and 1s docking it FAR too much based on the graphics quality. While there are some negatives that are perfectly valid (such as a 4 that docked most of it based on the control scheme, which I agree is unintuitive), take the lowest scores with a massive grain of salt.

This is a game that is

This is a game that is WELL worth your time based on the story alone, and the combat is just as punishing on the "Broken Bones" setting as The Witcher 2 was - sometimes more, to the point that I'm tempted to toggle the setting down to Normal instead.
  22. May 20, 2015
    Well, what can I say? This game on ULTRA @ 60 FPS is beatiful!!!
    Incredible map, perfect combat system and lots (I mean, LOTS) of quests.
    One of the best games I ever played!
  23. May 20, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. no voy a explayarme mucho, es lo mejor que eh jugado en los ultimos años de mi vida, realmente tiene todos los detalles pulidos a diferencia de otros juegos como skyrim o DAI, una calidad altisima en la gran mayoria de sus facetas, una lastima que se tupo que poner el liston en las consolas porque sino ubiera sido lo que crysis fue en su momento, igual la calidad grafica que tiene es de escandalo. Expand
  24. May 21, 2015
    Great :)
    + Almost that good like Red Dead Redemption :P
    + The story is very interesting.
    + Open world is realy open.
    + Very nice visually Slavic world
    + Good (but not perfect) optimization: i7 4790K + GTX970 1440p (mixed Uber and High without hairworks) 40-50 fps.

- not used full graphics capabilities of PC
  25. May 21, 2015
    Shortly - I've never played a better game.

When a man that does not read more books than 2 per year and suddenly gets deeply addicted to the Witcher's series by Andrzej Sapkowski and read all 8 within 6 weeks - I tell you - it is something about that story. I highly recommend to enter the universe through the paper and then play (or play again ;) ). The people you meet, the places
    Shortly - I've never played a better game.

The people you meet, the places you visit and the situations you go through are getting even more interesting and absorbing. Remember you can also play two previous games!

Enough about the back story.
    The game is just full of things I fell in love with in Sapkowki's books. Various quests, perfect surroundings (my joy is multiplied as I am from Poland and those Slavic accents are closer to my soul) outstanding characters, models, dubbing and the magic that is added through DETAILS.

Not only visual details but the sense of humour, dialogues and other things that cannot be measured. That gives you an opportunity to join the game and enjoy it like no other.

Just take that risk and go deep. Do not skip dialogues, read the books and feel the game, its magic.
  26. May 20, 2015
    I can't believe my eyes... I really can't.... After playing this game for a few hours all I could say was... well I actually was left speechless... I swear I'm no fanboy... I'm just an avid gamer and this is simply one of the best videogames ever released, period. I then searched for reviews on the internet and alas! many people crying over the graphical downgrade and rating thisI can't believe my eyes... I really can't.... After playing this game for a few hours all I could say was... well I actually was left speechless... I swear I'm no fanboy... I'm just an avid gamer and this is simply one of the best videogames ever released, period. I then searched for reviews on the internet and alas! many people crying over the graphical downgrade and rating this masterpiece with 1/10 and 2/10 hahahah! Madness! Seriously people stop puting your nose in the screens examining every pixel and enjoy this work of art. Someday I will expland this review (I hope), but I felt the urge to say something about the lame criticism this game is getting, it's beyond ridiculous. Btw, fear not because right now the optimization is really good. I'm playing it on my 970M SLI laptop in Ultra (xept for the quantity of foliage and people (high) and hairworks off) and I'm getting a clear and smooth 57-60 constant fps. I can't imagine how this game will be in a few months with a few updates and patches... Don't listen to 'graphics inquisition' and do yourself a favor: Buy this game! Expand
  27. May 21, 2015
    This is shaping up to be one of my all time favorite games.

Fantastic story, fantastic quest design and world design. Fun game play and gorgeous graphics.
  28. May 20, 2015
    Kevin VanOrd hit the nail on the head. The 3rd Witcher game does so much fantastic, so much right that the minor annoyances really don't detract from the game whatsoever. I find it ironic that I'm playing on an all AMD system and I've not experienced but 1 crash. Running everything on Ultra except AA and blur off and even maxxed at 5760x1080 the game plays fantastic. Running:

Dual

Dual Sapphire Tri-X R9 290Xs in Eyefinity
    Asus Sabertooth 990fx Gen 3
    Win 7-64
    8GB Gskill Ripjaw
    1TB WD Velociraptor
    All pumping out on an old Logitech 5500 5.1 THX system.

About 20 hours in and only 1 crash. None of this stuttering Nvidia folks seem to be complaining a lot about. No hard crashes. No jerky camera movement. Swordplay is fluid and dynamic. Entire world is breathing with things to see and do and conquer.

By far the best open world RPG ever created. Hands down. I've been gaming for 40 years and I've yet experienced such a cinematic, fluid and creative rpg. If Cyberpunk (CDPR's next game) is as amazing as the 3rd Witcher we are in for a serious treat. Kudos. Bravo!
  29. May 20, 2015
    Absolutely Brilliant.

Graphics - 8/10 . Game looks awesome.Not as good as was shown during 2013 trailer .Gotta mid range PC so i would never have been able to make it run like that so i don't care.Facial animations are probably the best iv seen so far.Makes even the lowliest roadside merchant come alive. Only complaint is trees and foliage looks pretty bad under certain lightings.
    Absolutely Brilliant.

Sound and Music - 10/10. Love the soundtracks personally. Side quests,merchants everything has voice acting and is done really well.

Controls and combat - 10/10.Personally had no problem whatsoever with controls. Combat is precise and all about timing and am loving it.Monsters are done really well as they have done a good job separting each different types with their own style plus speed of attacking, dodging and all . Truly comes alive in the hardest two difficulty . If you don't lock on, target can switch unexpectedly if button mashing and if you do lock on, its hard to keep an eye on all the enemies. So jus take it slow and methodical for first few levels and soon ull be chopping heads off left and right. One problem people might have is with the FOV as it can't be changed plus some keys such as WASD can't be rebinded.

Story and contents 9.5/10 - Been a long time fan of the series since the books plus the first two witcher. They have done a really good job of making the world come alive and meaningful side quests with superb voice acting plus cutscenes makes the game truly immersive. Only complaint is wish the hidden areas werent permanently marked on map and had to talk to people or find books,notes to unlock em.

Inventory,alchemy and crafting 8/10 - Money is hard to come by and theres lotsa goodies to buy,craft and find. Loot everything u find.Almost everything can be sold or dismantled for crafting. Alchemy has been changed. Once u craft something its permanent with fixed number of uses .U jus need hard alcohol in ur inventory to refill it while meditating. I like this as u dont have to go around picking every herbs and plants as there are lots.Main gripe is inventory can get very cluttered and wish there was a sort button.

Final verdict. 10/10. Gonna give it a perfect score. They've done a brilliant job .Few complaints but rest of the game is soo good iam gonna overlook it .Plus its gonna have awesome mod support which will tenfold its longevity.
    The wait was worth it and am so satisfied with the product that i had to make an account and review it.Been gaming since the awesome Ultima series and this is my first time ever commenting on anything over the net.

P.s sorry turned out a bit too long.
  30. May 20, 2015
    Absolutely phenomenal! As a Polish player and avid fan of Sapkowski's book I was very curious how CDPR will manage to paint author's world and still manage to keep it huge and entertaining for the v.game. Hats off CDPR, fantastic job.

+ huge interesting world + no dumb quests (DA inquisition treats you like a retard in that aspect even though you are allegedly superhero, in Witcher you

+ huge interesting world
    + no dumb quests (DA inquisition treats you like a retard in that aspect even though you are allegedly superhero, in Witcher you are one of many cogs in the geopolitical and supernatural conflict and the quests are just interesting)
    + graphics, downgrade? just check the uber settings on PC.
    + combat, was skeptical at first cuz of witcher 2 combat but WWH encapsulates how Geralt fought in the books, dodges, reading opponents, parades, quick jabs, rhythm and pace. Beauty!
    + number of references to books and Slavic culture + other Polish writers. It's a pity that western players will miss some of those but there are so many other that I'm sure they will catch and thoroughly enjoy.

- i will let you know when (if) I find anything.

Masterpiece, Skyrim's enjoyment of exploration, Red Dead Redemption lone badass feel, Mass Effect 2 quality of story and characters, countless little eastereggs and flavours and most importantly - climate and atmosphere of the books.
  31. May 20, 2015
    CDProjectRed lied alright: the consoles version doesn't run like the PC, the PC is much superior. I'm truly relieved as I feared the PC will run like the potatoes. Discard any concerns you have about graphic downgrade, the game is stunningly beautiful and with a GTX 970 I'm running a solid 60 FPS at 1080p, granted the hairworks hit the frame rates down to 40-50, but it's not really a gameCDProjectRed lied alright: the consoles version doesn't run like the PC, the PC is much superior. I'm truly relieved as I feared the PC will run like the potatoes. Discard any concerns you have about graphic downgrade, the game is stunningly beautiful and with a GTX 970 I'm running a solid 60 FPS at 1080p, granted the hairworks hit the frame rates down to 40-50, but it's not really a game changer. The game is well optimized and run great considering how big the world is and the landscape, lightning and faces details are gorgeous. As for the gameplay, it's head and shoulders above Witcher 2, very pleased especially about how smooth the combat is, and the story is so damn immersive that I have to cut this review short and get back to it. So many things to do in a truly grandiose open world grander than anything you've seen before. Expand
  32. May 20, 2015
    Amazing game, it is the best RPG in recent years. It is an amazing story and unforgettable atmosphere of the dark fantasy. I like open world is very large and comfortable, also the characters are very natural and colorful.
  33. May 21, 2015
    Have spend a decent amout of time in the game. It is outstanding! Congradulation to all the devs! The game is refined almost to the last detail. It is by far the best game of the last decade!

I have an Alienware X51 with GTX 670 and game runs in 35-40 FPS with all Ultra except Shadows and Hairworks.

Things that need fixing and not so perfected:

-Horse calling
    -Camera Control
  34. May 21, 2015
    Despite minor problems with camera and lack of some key bindings (maybe some patch will fix it). The game is truly wonderful. Its not most impressive graphic game, but hell its have the best graphic in open world game to date and most of all the game play is magnificent. Game run smoothly, fighting is fun. Quest have very good writing and they are quite immersive. I highly recommendedDespite minor problems with camera and lack of some key bindings (maybe some patch will fix it). The game is truly wonderful. Its not most impressive graphic game, but hell its have the best graphic in open world game to date and most of all the game play is magnificent. Game run smoothly, fighting is fun. Quest have very good writing and they are quite immersive. I highly recommended this game. Form me its 9/10 but i give extra 1+ for all that nonsense from ppl who gave 0 to 4/10. I will just finally say, that's GOTY candidate. Expand
  35. May 20, 2015
    Last chapter of my favorite series,i'm happy and sad,because it came to an end,but what an end :) Everything in this game is so unique,from graphics,combat system,side quests,it's absolute marvel of gaming industry and reminds me why i'm gamer! Thank you CDPR for giving me 200h of joy and satisfaction. 10+++++
  36. May 21, 2015
    This game is really uniqe. The best in the witcher franchise (At least I think so). The game DOES have its flaws ( just like every game ever, but they're forgivable ). The combat system is amazing, the story is interestring all the way, even the smallest sidequests is really amazing. Best RPG since DA: Inquistion and Skyrim. Simply 10/10, a master piece. This game will not be forgotten forThis game is really uniqe. The best in the witcher franchise (At least I think so). The game DOES have its flaws ( just like every game ever, but they're forgivable ). The combat system is amazing, the story is interestring all the way, even the smallest sidequests is really amazing. Best RPG since DA: Inquistion and Skyrim. Simply 10/10, a master piece. This game will not be forgotten for a looong loooooooooong time. Expand
  37. May 21, 2015
    This is probably the best RPG of this decade.

While its not entirely perfect, I want to give a 10 for going the extra mile in nearly everything, where other games fall short. A big example of that is that the game provides meaningful quests, all woven into the story. There are no simple fetch quests, everything is intertwined and more complex than it seems with real consequences.
    This is probably the best RPG of this decade.

The beautiful soundtrack and nearly 100 hours of gameplay make this a milestone in gaming
    and hopefully other RPGs will follow in its footsteps. :)
  38. May 20, 2015
    TW3 GOTY 2015

I'm probably one of the few that believed TW1>TW2.

For me, TW3 is the sequel TW1 deserved.

I miss dice poker...

Performance is great minus the pre-rendered cutscenes. Something needs to be fixes there.
    1080p 60fps[locked], all 'Ultra' settings with 'High' shadows and 'High' foliage draw distance. No fancy hair either. GTX 970 + 3570K.
  39. May 19, 2015
    The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt is a Masterpiece from CDProjectRed. Beautiful open world, with incredible concern to details. A amazing Storyline and character creation. Very rich bestiary in a BIG World with full of content. One of the best RPG's i have ever played... or no.. wait.. it is the BEST!
  40. May 19, 2015
    Probably one of the best games i've ever played. Perfect!
    Graphically beautiful, music amazing, gameplay smooth. Can't fault it.
    Probably one of the best games i've ever played. Perfect!
    Graphically beautiful, music amazing, gameplay smooth. Can't fault it.

To all those scoring 0's and 1's, majority of your complaints are related to how bad your computer is or how you have the inability to remap controls. It's funny to see those people out themselves as the complete flogs of society who only prove that the gene pool for these people needs some chlorine.
  41. May 20, 2015
    best game of the year, best rpg ever played. outstanding graphics - the atmosphere, models, environment etc - everything is so well done. the main storyline is a thrill, hours of side quests - monsters contract, mini games, treasures to find. the crafting system, alchemy, combat - everything is top notch.
  42. May 21, 2015
    For those who are b**ching abt the graphics downgrade and rate the game 1/10, please stop. You know what, your rage will lead you nowhere in real life. Stop acting as a spoiled kids and learn to respect others.

Anyways, the game still looks amazing as it is, right now! right f**king now! Graphics are better than DA:I (especially in tree/grass animation and weather system) if not much better. A litter worse than Crysis 3 tho. And yes, I agree that the downgrade is quite noticable. However, considering that my liquid cooling system with overclocked i7-4770K, 780TI SLI, and Z97 deluxe MB can barely run game at 60fps with 2x supersample AA for transparent textures set in NVidia Control Panel, I consider such an "opotomization" acceptable. Played it for 10 hours, give it 9/10 because of the graphics downgrade and a few CTD.

Be reasonable, the game still deverses a 9/10 as it is.
  43. May 20, 2015
    The game is definitely one of the best open world RPG's out there. The scale is amazing, the main story and side quests are top notch (NO fetch quests AT ALL) and the combat is great it can be difficult but rewarding. There are a few bugs here and there but nothing game breaking. The graphics are slightly different than that of the VGX trailer shown about 2 years ago, but they are stillThe game is definitely one of the best open world RPG's out there. The scale is amazing, the main story and side quests are top notch (NO fetch quests AT ALL) and the combat is great it can be difficult but rewarding. There are a few bugs here and there but nothing game breaking. The graphics are slightly different than that of the VGX trailer shown about 2 years ago, but they are still truly amazing. The world just looks gorgeous and it's more alive than anything i've played so far.
    The game easily deserves a 9 or maybe even more. The reason i am giving it a 10 is because of all the zero that keep popping up. A person that gives this game a zero has obviously NEVER played it or is just a hater and biased against it.
    A truly magnificent game, buy it.
  44. May 20, 2015
    I have been a fan of The Witcher series for several years now and so far the third has not disappointed. I'm not extremely familiar with a lot of technical language so forgive me if this isn't the most. I am probably one of the few gamers that care more about story then I necessarily about play; however there has definitely been games in the past that have been unplayable for me due toI have been a fan of The Witcher series for several years now and so far the third has not disappointed. I'm not extremely familiar with a lot of technical language so forgive me if this isn't the most. I am probably one of the few gamers that care more about story then I necessarily about play; however there has definitely been games in the past that have been unplayable for me due to strange mechanics.

With said, I feel like the game play mostly follows suit with the previous witchers, especially the second one. There are times it's harder to control Geralt, and when I'm fighting, especially by edges, I find myself tumbling down the side of it.

Despite the "down grade" I think the graphics are definitely up to standard and on my computer I can't even play max settings; I have heard that max setting don't change that much from medium or high, however they look fine to me. I have a bigger issue with the lack of motion within the camera, and my ability to control it more so then the graphics.

Anyway, despite some issues I have with how the mechanics of the game play, or interface work, I find the story and world thrilling.

I like the fact that Geralt in this game as so many more options when it comes to gear and customizing him. The world is dark and grim; the witcher and game of thrones have much in common.

Because I find the world and the story so fascinating and view playing RPGs as interacting with a novel (or something along those lines).

Game play is a bonus to me and the story alone is enough to have me give it a 10/10.
  45. May 20, 2015
    One of the best RPG's I've had the pleasure of playing. It has really really breathtaking graphics, and I'm surprised how well it runs on my GTX 660, the card being the minimum specs but still running on high in solid 30 FPS. It's huge notch up from the trilogy's earlier games, Geralt now has emotions, as do the others, very well put up together, so all in all, the acting and dialogues areOne of the best RPG's I've had the pleasure of playing. It has really really breathtaking graphics, and I'm surprised how well it runs on my GTX 660, the card being the minimum specs but still running on high in solid 30 FPS. It's huge notch up from the trilogy's earlier games, Geralt now has emotions, as do the others, very well put up together, so all in all, the acting and dialogues are really superb. The story is really compelling, and gameplay-wise it plays really smoothly, with little minor problems being movement, for example Geralt strafes forward in a whim when you tap the buttons. The world is truly open, with satisfying content all over, the loot gets you feeling every time, not spoiling you though.

What can I say, I love it, therefore it deserves a 'ploughing' 10/10!
  46. May 20, 2015
    been working since the steam release... calling in sick again tomorrow, there's really no need for reality anymore... everything is absolutely perfect here... go ahead, buy it. it's really good... there is so much depth... every quest is thoughtful... affects my reputation, adds to the atmosphere... i must be turning into a rl witcher... i need to go make some more potions, kill some morebeen working since the steam release... calling in sick again tomorrow, there's really no need for reality anymore... everything is absolutely perfect here... go ahead, buy it. it's really good... there is so much depth... every quest is thoughtful... affects my reputation, adds to the atmosphere... i must be turning into a rl witcher... i need to go make some more potions, kill some more drowners... it was very nice talking but please don't stand too close i really dont want one of my blades to accidentally amputate anything for you. Expand
  47. May 19, 2015
    Game is better than I thought it would be after all the hype the last few weeks. Graphics are what I would expect from a game in 2015, I don't have the settings on Ultra I assume they would be over the top good but not sure my rig can handle it. I was engrossed within the story in a few minutes of starting the game which adds to the overall sense of the atmosphere. Superb voice actingGame is better than I thought it would be after all the hype the last few weeks. Graphics are what I would expect from a game in 2015, I don't have the settings on Ultra I assume they would be over the top good but not sure my rig can handle it. I was engrossed within the story in a few minutes of starting the game which adds to the overall sense of the atmosphere. Superb voice acting which is something I always appreciate. The combat system is what is always is in the Witcher, some love it some could do without it. Have found a few minor bugs, one quest would not finish because of how I entered the area I found a clue out of sequence, but reloaded and finished no problem. Have not had that problem on other quest. Overall very happy with the game! Expand
  48. May 20, 2015
    CD PROJEKT RED you deep respect for all of the Witcher, but what you have done daungred graphics? Even in 2014, the game looked much better. Ah ... I'm very disappointed in you, and I would like to see you do better graphics at least a year? Because I'm not going to play this version. version for consoles ...

Why are you so with the fans? That is with you since 2007? Or maybe even

Why are you so with the fans? That is with you since 2007? Or maybe even earlier. It originally came out Witcher for PC. To hell with Rockstar, they need the money, but you do it? If the console can not draw such a picture , why do not you do this for the PC what was?

Ah ... CDPR what you've done , I'm very much cried when I realized that you did downgrade the graphics ... the whole atmosphere lost . Maybe I do not understand , but one thing I know ... Money talks , yes, talks in this age of **** money and connections . I am very disappointed , because I have never doubted and always has been for you. But from that moment , my faith in you shaken.

CD PROJEKT RED I will still be with you, but just more do not do it , I'm sick and not me alone , have a lot of PC gamers.

PCMASTERRACE!
    YOBAMUSTDIE!

This is the best game , it would be better only CD PROJEKT RED.
  49. May 19, 2015
    As many I had some issues with inventory freezing and crashes. But after prologue it disappeared and now Im enjoying the game at its best.
    Pros:
    -Finally I feel like Im a witcher, not just a dude with swords. Quests, contracts, citizens attitude, witcher sense, combat. Everything adds to this feeling. I didnt have it in W2, I have it now. -Even being tuned down, graphics looks awesome.
    Pros:
    -Even being tuned down, graphics looks awesome. Especially characters faces and towns.
    -Amazing soundtrack that adds to the mood.
    -Combat and particularly battles against big monsters. Reminded me of Monster Hunter series. Absolutely awesome on Death March, make me sweat, curse but so satisfying when I finally beat these big bastards.
    -Story, quests and storytelling in general are top notch. The pacing is also very good.
    -Rather balanced economy. I dont **** coin and have to choose where to spend it. Alot goes for food since there is no auto regen on highest difficulty.
    -Horse riding is fluent and feels great.
    -Huge world. It took me 11 hours to just finish first tutorial map. I can see spending hundreds of hours finishing everything. And there is so much to see and explore.

Cons
    -Freezes and crashes in the beginning. Shame that they had so much time to polish game and released it with critical bugs.
    -I dont like changes to alchemy. Would rather see ingredients being useful throught the game.
    -Alot of upgrades to signs and alchemy are meh. I can hardly justify spending points there.
    -Sometimes looting can be a pain since you have to stay directly in front of object.
    -Some armors look silly on Gerald.
    -They had to limit looting inside village houses. I feel like a bandit robbing everyone and it wastes too much time.
    -No cooking. It would fit well here instead of just eating raw meat.

But pros far outweight cons. The game is definetly one of the best RPGs ever made and you just dont want to leave this brutal but damn interesting world. Well done CD Project RED.
  50. May 20, 2015
    One of the best games i played to date , ever

I was going to try to play it for just a small hour and ended up 6 hours into the night :| Huge world that really comes "alive" u can almost feel the Wind and the rain while running the country side. Goodbye Dragon age Fetch Quest MMO, hello awesome monster hunting quests With twists. I could tell you about the awesome combat, the
    One of the best games i played to date , ever

I could tell you about the awesome combat, the sexy and mysterious sorceress`s, the horrid monsters, the clever twists and in dept study of monsters, or maby just the best yet seen Graphics in a RPG game.

if witcher 3 was delivered With a customer character creation i would say it was the best RPG game ever made
  51. May 20, 2015
    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is definitely one of the greatest RPGs of all times...it's no exaggeration...the visuals look astonishing... even if you downgrade graphics to a minimum, it still looks good...there is a captivating storyline with a variety of decisive choices along your journey which makes you want to replay the game a couple of times before you decide it's enough and you can putThe Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is definitely one of the greatest RPGs of all times...it's no exaggeration...the visuals look astonishing... even if you downgrade graphics to a minimum, it still looks good...there is a captivating storyline with a variety of decisive choices along your journey which makes you want to replay the game a couple of times before you decide it's enough and you can put the game back on the shelf...the soundtracks are one of a kind and the music plays with your soul...there are a variety of side quests that are evenly distributed in the entire game world...there are so many things to do and it makes your head spin when you start the game and go through it a couple of hours...final verdict: do not lose this game ever. Expand
  52. May 20, 2015
    I believe that this game is an absolute masterpiece. I don't put that lightly. The hype for this game has been building up for a long time, but regardless of that, it's sheer amount of things to do in the huge open world make it one of the most enjoyable RPGs to date. I have put about two and a half hours in so far and I love everything in it, the only real downside so far is that whenI believe that this game is an absolute masterpiece. I don't put that lightly. The hype for this game has been building up for a long time, but regardless of that, it's sheer amount of things to do in the huge open world make it one of the most enjoyable RPGs to date. I have put about two and a half hours in so far and I love everything in it, the only real downside so far is that when riding your horse around it can become quite difficult to make him go where you want to, but you get used to it quickly. I especially like the way that they have made it so that you do not have to had already played the previous Witcher games to enjoy Wild Hunt. I'd still say it's a good idea so that you can remember who some of the returning characters are, but it is not necessary. From what I've heard about the console versions, it does not run too well. especially on PS4. But the consoles will always struggle to keep up with the PC version and for me at least I have been fully able to run the game maxed out with over 60 FPS constantly. If you are a fan of The Witcher or RPGs in general, then the Witcher 3 Wild Hunt is a game for you. With over 100 hours playtime just for the campaign, I believe this to be one of the best made games yet, hence the high rating. Expand
  53. May 19, 2015
    Best game of the year !
    The Witcher 3 is a beautiful game. Witcher 3 is phenomenal. Witcher 3 is a beautiful open world that juxtaposes violence with beauty. It's a fantastic detailing reveals the consequences of your actions. Armor designs, potion system, and sign upgrades provide an excellent sense of growth (I agree with Gamespot)
    The Witcher 3 have a fairly monumental life. Art
    Best game of the year !
    The Witcher 3 have a fairly monumental life. Art direction that pushes to contemplation, a dense open world in which we like to get lost in the discovery of new places. Witcher 3 have a unique atmosphere, with very striking passages. The quality of the writing of quests and their interconnection is amazing !

it is a masterpiece !

-----------

Français :

Meilleur jeu de l'année!
    The Witcher 3 est un beau jeu. Witcher 3 est phénoménale. Witcher 3 est un monde ouvert magnifique qui juxtapose la violence avec la beauté. Il est un fantastique détaillant révèle les conséquences de vos actions. La conception des armures et leur beauté, le système de potion, et les mises à niveau des signes fournissent un excellent sens de la croissance (je suis d'accord avec Gamespot)
    The Witcher 3 a une vie assez monumentale. Une direction artistique qui pousse à la contemplation, un monde ouvert dense dans lequel nous aimons à se perdre dans la découverte de nouveaux endroits. Witcher 3 a une atmosphère unique, avec des passages mémorables. La qualité de l'écriture des quêtes et leur interconnexion est incroyable!

C'est un chef-d'œuvre!
  54. May 20, 2015
    Simply put, this is an OUTSTANDING title and an instant classic. It deserves to be rated as one of the best PC games of all time. It has the play-ability of Red Dead Redemption; the complex story-lines of Mass Effect and Dragon Age. A beautifully realized art style and most of all, takes centre stage in using all the modern gfx tech you could wish for. The only criticism I have is that theSimply put, this is an OUTSTANDING title and an instant classic. It deserves to be rated as one of the best PC games of all time. It has the play-ability of Red Dead Redemption; the complex story-lines of Mass Effect and Dragon Age. A beautifully realized art style and most of all, takes centre stage in using all the modern gfx tech you could wish for. The only criticism I have is that the game didn't take advantage of AMD's TressFx2.0 and Mantle API support as well as Nv Hairworks; but this is so minor because a top end AMD GFX card is still capable of producing the goods even on Nvidia Optimized code. One NOT to miss. I look forward to a DirectX 12 version of the game in the coming months for even more awesomeness! Expand
  55. May 20, 2015
    Unlike Dragon Age Inquisition, the women in Witcher 3 actually look like women. They are beautiful, stunning, gorgeous and also quite diverse in their appearance. It's refreshing to see CDProjectRED not giving into political correct LGBT & Feminists the way Bioware did with DAI.

You won't find any forced lecture on transgenderism in Witcher 3 which is refreshing after playing the Inquisition debacle.

Let's compare:

Triss looks like a woman, Cassandra Pentaghast looks like a man.
    Ciri is simply gorgeous, Sera looks like gollum.
    Yennefer's beauty captures the imagination, Josephine's face is terrifying.

Witcher 3 introduces thought provoking and intellectually stimulating content. Quests don't feel like simple fetch & kill quests. It feels like an old Bioware game.
  56. May 20, 2015
    This game brought me so much joy. I knew the series existed but I was never really interested it in. When I saw the gameplay trailers and cinematics I was sold.

I've read all the books, finished the prequels and now that this baby is finally released, all I can say is that it was definitely worth the waiting and money. This game is definitely the best RPG I've played to date, I've

This game is definitely the best RPG I've played to date, I've got 14 hours game time in 1 day and I can't get away from it. The atmosphere, the story, the gameplay, everything is brilliant.

I'm playing on the second hardest setting and have more or less cleared the first area (all points of interest, etc.), and I can say it was fairly difficult and now that I'm in Velen the game is really challenging at times. I think I've died about 30 times so far, quick-saves are really important, even though auto-saves work pretty good too.

I've nothing bad to say about the game. The talk about downgrade is completely baseless and untrue. The game looks better to me than on the gameplay trailers and even if you don't like how it looks now, you can always mod it or tweak the .ini settings to make it look differently.
  57. May 21, 2015
    Why do I think this game earned 10/10?
    - Amazing story. So far I hadn't seen anyone complaining about it.
    - Best graphics in open world RPGs to date. It's not what we saw in 2013, but do we want a game that only 1% of the gamers can play? - One of the best soundtracks. - Quality of the side quests and lore. What could be done better? - AI. Path-finding in particular. - Character
    Why do I think this game earned 10/10?
    - Amazing story. So far I hadn't seen anyone complaining about it.
    - One of the best soundtracks.
    - Quality of the side quests and lore.

What could be done better?
    - AI. Path-finding in particular.
    - Character reaction to controls.
  58. May 19, 2015
    This game is absolutely gorgeous and runs at steady 60fps on my GTX 780/i5 2400 with only Hairworks disabled and 2 options being on High, with everything else on Ultra. The release was really smooth, I did not experience any issues within the first 12h of play. As for the game itself, the combat is even better than in the second game and the open world is definitely a nice addition. So farThis game is absolutely gorgeous and runs at steady 60fps on my GTX 780/i5 2400 with only Hairworks disabled and 2 options being on High, with everything else on Ultra. The release was really smooth, I did not experience any issues within the first 12h of play. As for the game itself, the combat is even better than in the second game and the open world is definitely a nice addition. So far I love it. Expand
  59. May 20, 2015
    This is definitely going to end up as my GOTY. Pillars of Eternity was awesome, but I can not remember the last time a video game world has sucked me in like this one. The amount of content is staggering, but unlike most other open world games, it never feels stale or repetitive. Every side quest feels unique, and almost every small "?" on the map leads to a new mystery to unravel, orThis is definitely going to end up as my GOTY. Pillars of Eternity was awesome, but I can not remember the last time a video game world has sucked me in like this one. The amount of content is staggering, but unlike most other open world games, it never feels stale or repetitive. Every side quest feels unique, and almost every small "?" on the map leads to a new mystery to unravel, or treasure to be discovered. There are so many villages to liberate, caves and temples to explore, and missing people to find, that you almost forget that there was even a main storyline in the first place. In this regard, it is much like Elder Scrolls games, but with more unique and interesting back stories to each quest.

The combat is a vast improvement over the previous 2 games in the series, and is quite enjoyable and challenging. The main story arc, although I am not that far into it, seems incredible so far. I have a medium level rig, and on medium/high settings, the game runs smooth as silk, and it is a gorgeous, so no complaints in that department. The only negatives I have been able to spot so far have been some minor clipping issues, and the movement can be a little awkward at times. Nothing major to detract from one of the greatest games I can remember playing in quite some time.
  60. May 19, 2015
    This game is freakin' brilliant! That's what keeps going through my head as I enjoy this masterpiece. Don't believe the naysayers. I pre-ordered this game a year ago, and it has completely lived up to the hype, in my opinion. I'm not a blind Witcher fan, however. I like the books and played The Witcher 2, which I liked but did not love like a lot of people, but I couldn't bring myself toThis game is freakin' brilliant! That's what keeps going through my head as I enjoy this masterpiece. Don't believe the naysayers. I pre-ordered this game a year ago, and it has completely lived up to the hype, in my opinion. I'm not a blind Witcher fan, however. I like the books and played The Witcher 2, which I liked but did not love like a lot of people, but I couldn't bring myself to play the dated original Witcher game. I loved Skyrim, but this far exceeds it, IMO. Fantastic graphics, gameplay, and story. On top of that, CDPR has been extremely consumer-friendly, with no DRM and free DLC. Even if you hate open world RPGs, I don't see how anyone could deny the quality of this title. It certainly raises the bar. Expand
  61. May 20, 2015
    Simply horrible trees, bushes, grass and the way they are moving...
    Very good buildings, ppl, monsters, animals and all of the rest.
    Amazing story! enough for Score 10, -1 for trees etc. +1 for graphic of the rest so it's still a good 10/10
  62. May 20, 2015
    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is a game you don't want to miss. It's truly an adventure that captures your attention right from the beginning. The story and dialogue are sublime. There are moments when you feel sad, amused and all other feelings with the choices you'll be making during your journey.

Graphics are stunning, even in low settings. The trees sway in wind and bend when it's stormy! How cool is that?

Overall I couldn't recommend the game more, I have played over 8 hours during the first day and just had to write a little review here. Oh and Geralt grows a mighty beard when days pass in the game, that is awesome.
  63. May 20, 2015
    what a fantastic game...more a great thrilling interactive movie than a pc game The Witcher 3 rules the roleplay genre without having a severe opponent.

Witcher 3 is my first try in the great Witcher universe. At the beginning I had some performance problemes until I found a solution. My specs: i7-4790k GTX 980 8 GB-DDR3 Ram SSD After deactivating the Nvidia Hairworks programm

My specs:
    i7-4790k
    GTX 980
    8 GB-DDR3 Ram
    SSD

After deactivating the Nvidia Hairworks programm everything runs smooth and fine on ultra settings and all activated post processing effects.

The Witcher 3 is like a fullfilling of every pc gamers dream...A huge, impressive open world...great written and very human characters....a ton of quests and an unbelievable immersive gaming atmosphere.

In short words....I am in love with Geralt and his world :)

Thx CD Red Project....In contrast to Rockstar Nord also the preload and installing of the game worked without any problem.

All dumbs up for the best roleplay game ever!!!
  64. May 19, 2015
    I dont know how did u enjoy games in 2010s.. The graphics are amazing, maybe not like on the 2013 reveal but still very solid. I bet 90% of ppl who gave from 0/10 to 3/10 are like 16 years old call of duty players, who cant appreciate the story or gameplay, but care only about graphics...
  65. May 19, 2015
    Beautiful open world, with incredible concern to details. Very good storyline, mind-blowing music. It runs great at gtx 970. There was many complaints about downgrade graphic, but its barely noticeable, for me at least its still look gorgeous. Sometime there are some problems with camera. Its one of the best action RPG, mix Red Dead, Skyrim, DA:I with Witcher 2.
  66. May 20, 2015
    I love it. It runs perfectly with my GTX 760 and looks beautiful on medium settings. The landscapes are all very unique and the weather/ light changes matter so much. The sidequests are very unique and very fun to play.
  67. May 19, 2015
    Exciting and beautiful RPG, great story, wonderful open-world. Best RPG game i've ever played, better than Skyrim. I'm playing I5 4690K @4GHz, GTX970 4GB, and all for ultra, fullHD, 60FPS.
    I am amazed at people who can issue will evaluate lower than 8 - unless they are immature people.
    It's a GTA 5 in RPG's :)
  68. May 19, 2015
    CDProjekt Red created amazing open-world which is inviting player to explore it on every step. Great written NPC are just helping in immersing yourself in this world. The soundtrack is fitting very much into gamplay.
    The optimalisation is in my opinion good. With i5 2500k and HD7850 I'm always above 30fps in FullHD on medium settings with some options on Ultra(textures). If you are looking for game which consume your time, then you have found it!
  69. May 19, 2015
    Outstanding, jaw dropping experience. Must have for every PC gamer. Truly captivating story, impressive graphics, great game play. I can't imagine how they could make this game better.
  70. May 19, 2015
    A majestic, earthy open-world adventure with great atmosphere and personality, this is the best role-playing game in years. There's so much to do--almost all of it brimming with quality
  71. May 19, 2015
    I'am a big fan of Witcher Saga (i mean books) and i've played in both wild hunt's predecessors. I loved them despite their flaws and you just can't imagine how hyped I was for this game. The fantastic thing is that it lives up to the expectations!

So far i've played for about 5 hours and the game has a fantastic atmosphere, music and visuals. The combat system seems very fluid and satisfying (big step forward compared to 2nd instalment). Writting is as always outstanding. The world looks and feels alive. Even the smallest quests I encountered are well written and simply interesting. Everything looks astonishing and runs great on i5-4570, 8GB and msi gtx 760 2GB Twin Froz in 1080p on high settings (number of background character on ultra and shadows on medium) with depth of field, blur, ssao, light shafts, sharpening, vignette on. I have solid 30fps (with 30 fps cap)

Now I am sitting in my job, writting this review but the only thing I can think of is where will I go and what will I do as Geralt. This is how modern RPGs should look - with great technology but not deprived of the most important aspects of this genre: great story, characters, choices and depth - this game will not offend your intelligence (and i am a long-time fan of Planscape Torment, Vampire: Bloodlines, Fallout 1&2 and Arcanum fan). Now run to the store and buy it!
  72. May 19, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great game! Stunning ! Great project of world. Each person has a unique character, every face is different. The combat system when it learn gives a lot of satisfaction. Expand
  73. May 20, 2015
    These graphic downgrade accusations are very misleading.

In the past they only showed us CUT SCENE FOOTAGE, never gameplay footage! Every developer shows amazing rendered cut scene footage to sell their games, CD Projekt did NOTHING wrong. This is totally different from Watchdogs, because they showed gameplay footage, and the final product was clearly downgraded. For once a
    These graphic downgrade accusations are very misleading.

For once a developer has done a great job at a fair price and you people want to create issues. Never satisfied.
  74. May 20, 2015
    The four year wait was worth it. Although some issues are present, such as the lack of a truly open world, the game has one of the best stories, music and graphics ever presented to players. The combat system has been improved greatly, and the sad, depressing and gray world of the Witcher 3 will challenge your moral stands more than once throughout the game.
  75. May 19, 2015
    There's really nothing bad to report with The Witcher 3. The graphics are simply stupendous and a cut above what you're used to with open world RPGs, running at full 1080p. As for the open world, it's absolutely massive, with so much to see and do. You have the main quest, which is told with superbly production values thanks to excellent voice acting, nicely detailed faces, and goodThere's really nothing bad to report with The Witcher 3. The graphics are simply stupendous and a cut above what you're used to with open world RPGs, running at full 1080p. As for the open world, it's absolutely massive, with so much to see and do. You have the main quest, which is told with superbly production values thanks to excellent voice acting, nicely detailed faces, and good animations for the most part. Then you also have the side quests, which unlike many other RPGs where the side quests merely feel like filler, there's a lot more to them here - many of the side quests feel like self-contained stories with satisfying payoffs. In terms of the gameplay, you'll be exploring this massive world, collecting loot, leveling up, unlocking new abilities, and doing everything one would expect from a modern day RPG. Then there's the combat, which may seem different than you're used to at first, and may seem more challenging than some other RPGs since the combat seems to be a lot more animated than most RPGs, but once you master it - and you will - you will love it. I especially love how you can either roll away from enemy attacks, block them, parry them, or my favorite, sidestep them stylishly. All in all, The Witcher 3 is a game that every RPG owner should own. Expand
  76. May 19, 2015
    Beautiful world. Mature gameplay and story.True next gen. RPG. Recommended to all B&G I and II, PTorrment, Fallout 1,2 fans. Deserved 10 out of 10. With free DLCs this game will get only better overtime.
  77. op8
    May 19, 2015
    After 16 hours I am completely satisfied. The game has met all my expectations and is superb. Runs solidly @1080P on a 780ti & i7 4770k & 16gb. The complaint about a downgrade was overblown and the early benchmarks that were released by a publication were completely wrong. If I leave it on unlimited framerate I get between 60-80fps. This is on ultra with just hairworks completely OFF. ItsAfter 16 hours I am completely satisfied. The game has met all my expectations and is superb. Runs solidly @1080P on a 780ti & i7 4770k & 16gb. The complaint about a downgrade was overblown and the early benchmarks that were released by a publication were completely wrong. If I leave it on unlimited framerate I get between 60-80fps. This is on ultra with just hairworks completely OFF. Its a lot better if I leave the framerate limiter locked at 60, that way it stays rock solid and doesn't dip, outdoors or indoors. The game is very immersive, with great quests, characters and exploration that is rewarded. Combat is a bit of an improvement on Witcher 2, not amazing but functional and fun. Overall really happy that its met my expectations. 10/10. Expand
  78. May 20, 2015
    I normally don't write reviews on games, but this one compelled me to do so. I'm a fan of the first 2 in this series so, I was pleasantly surprised to see it so far is living up to the high bar it had to. The only reason I gave it a 9 instead of 10 is the graphics are SERIOUSLY gimped. It doesn't even look as good as the previous game.

That said, the amazing depth to the game, that

That said, the amazing depth to the game, that takes you so far in that you lose yourself, more than makes up for it. Granted I am only level 3 at the moment and it's been out about 48 hours, I can only say I've scratched the surface.

I'm running an I7-2600k at 5GHz and a GTX-970 at 1420MHz, and at everything 100% ultra settings. I average anywhere from 40-50 FPS, so that's why I gave it a 9. With only the slightest decrease in graphics I can get 10 more frames so it isn't too bad really I suppose, I'm just a complainer lol.
  79. May 19, 2015
    Witcher 3: Wild Hunt holds up to the hype!

Combat is excellent with lots of depth - between your crossbow, swords, magic signs, bombs, potions, and the specific environment, you can approach combat in many different ways. The game is also legitimately difficult - I'm playing on the 2nd hardest setting and dying quite a bit. Writing is is very high quality, with some of the best
    Witcher 3: Wild Hunt holds up to the hype!

Writing is is very high quality, with some of the best dialogue I've ever heard in video games, and tons of humor. Characters are interesting and feel realistic.

Open world exploration is possible and you can swim, dive, jump, and climb most of the environments you see. I haven't explored that much yet, but so far it feels a lot like Skyrim with the ability to find cool loot, monsters, quests, etc. In addition, there's tons of side-quests that are actually interesting and not something stupid like "fetch me 10 goat horns".

Tons of choices available in terms of dialogue, backstory (helps recreate your choices from previous Witcher games), and so on. You can really play YOUR OWN way - be an **** a "hero", or something in between.

Lots of attention to detail - things like timed dialogue, smooth controls, meaningful dilaogue choices, easy to follow markers / explanations for quests and new concepts (like creating potions for the first time), small improvements like being able to automatically follow the road when mounted.

The game also looks amazing and runs really well - I'm getting 35-50 FPS with a gtx 660 TI GPU and a i5-4670 CPU with medium/high settings.

Only reason I won't give it a 10/10 is because the game is crashing frequently for a lot of people right now, and because I haven't had the time to try everything out yet. Overall though, CDPR definitely delivered on their promises. The PC crowd has been waiting patiently for another high quality RPG, and Witcher 3 is that game!
  80. May 19, 2015
    10/10 - Running at all ultra settings including Nvidia hair Physics with SLI 780 ti's I've spent over 13 hours in the "Starting area" so far - Uncovered the wickedly awesome Silver Sword of the Viper and Steel Sword of the Viper (For TW2 fans that will ring a bell) - I knew all the talk of downgrade was BS and would state it, but... its an idiots war to attempt to talk reason in those10/10 - Running at all ultra settings including Nvidia hair Physics with SLI 780 ti's I've spent over 13 hours in the "Starting area" so far - Uncovered the wickedly awesome Silver Sword of the Viper and Steel Sword of the Viper (For TW2 fans that will ring a bell) - I knew all the talk of downgrade was BS and would state it, but... its an idiots war to attempt to talk reason in those discussions - The game is beyond gorgeous, when the storms pick up the wind actually bends the trees to the point you can feel that they will snap any moment, the Hair Physics is surprisingly a game changer in immersion, not just for Geralt and NPC's but having this griffon head on my horse (Figure all those individual blue hairs from the griffon) then the horse hairs, gorgeous in motion - the wolves I fought looked outstanding due to the hair physics.

Sunrises and Sunsets are awe-inspiring, its a visual and technical masterpiece; in any genre let alone the Open World 'genre' - Walking into the game world of the witcher for those who havent played TW1 and TW2 Assasins of Kings, I suppose imagine walking into (if you are newer school Skyrim? the first time and multiplying that feeling of "oh holy crap" by one thousand due to the beauty, depth, scope, no load times to transition, and various color pallettes being used).

The combat is arguably perfect - While some reviews state that it is very much an improved Witcher 2 combat system; I feel a lot more from it, in The Witcher 2 you could not one button (alt+direction) parry, and dodge; nor have the precise counter-attacks that are now present - It feels fast and fluid, and it needs to as playing in the third or the fourth difficulty (the two highest) you'll get whooped if you don't time, parry, riposte or counter etc - It's poetry in gorgeous GORE-GEOUS motion.
    Also the crossbow ends up being a godsend - Hilarity ensues when you turn a foes head into giblets with a critical head DEAD center from a good distance.

Just prepare to lose your life or wife - or both.
    The Witcher 3 is all the hype and more.
  81. May 19, 2015
    Amazing game. Great story, interesting characters nad stunning graphics. Sound track is really impressive. The Witcher 3 has this really unique atmosphere. Combat system is pretty good at higher difficulty levels.
  82. May 19, 2015
    This game is amazing. Wild Hunt is the best RPG game of the year. Combat is fast and fun. Alchemy and crafting is great. Soundtracks are beautiful. In my opinion i didn't play any game like this in years. Skyrim is always the best for me but Witcher is the second best.
  83. May 19, 2015
    Best of The Best! This is most gorgeous game that I've ever seen. World, characters, story... everything is just brilliant. Good job CDPR - The Best Polish studio and one of The Best studios ever.
  84. May 19, 2015
    Smooth and Beautiful game. Can't complain about anything at this point. Fighting is dynamic and easy to control, the world has lots of stuff you can do, and there's very little if any fetch quests which is great. Story is obviously amazing, as I would expect.
  85. May 19, 2015
    It's just a brilliant game. If you don't care about not next-get graphics, you can simply vote for 10/10. If you've written books and aware of Witcher saga then it should be something like 20/10.
  86. May 19, 2015
    Uma sequência digna para a saga de Geralt of Rivia. Imersivo, profundo, belo e desafiador. Há capricho em todos os lugares, e você vai querer contemplar a sonoplastia enquanto cavalga solitário pelos campos.

Esse é provavelmente o único RPG que você irá precisar em 2015.
  87. May 19, 2015
    After the long wait the game is finally released and it's much more than I had expected. The vastness on the environment and its beauty, the voice acting and general high production levels, the greatly enhanced and intuitive interface, the combat system. The game does have some quirky movements, but those are easily ignored in face of to the overall quality.
  88. May 19, 2015
    Amazing game! CDP RED do great job. The graphics is awesome! Recommend anyone who expects perfection. I don't understand how somebody can critic this great game.
  89. May 20, 2015
    This game is absolutely awesome. Especially on pc where it gives his best.
    Great graphic, perfect mechanics, good gameplay and a massive and wonderful lore to explore.
    My advice is to also read the books to appreciate the game at his best.
    Good job CDProjekRed as always.
  90. May 19, 2015
    This game apsolutly lives up to the hype! its unbolivable how beutifill atmoshetic and uniqie this game is!

as a loyal withcer 1 and 2 fun i cant recoment the final chapter of gerald enough!
  91. May 19, 2015
    Gameplay:
    Gameplay:
    Combat system is waaaay smoother and more responsive than vanilla Witcher 2. You still die relatively quickly and need to dodge/roll a lot, but Geralt doesn't feel so sluggish this time. The keyboard+mouse controls are a bit weird at first, namely having the dodge key default to ALT. Pressing alt while pressing WASD requires uncomfortable thumb gymnastics. Also, there's fortunately no mouse acceleration, as far as I can tell. I'd imagine a controller's 360 degree analog movement is better for this kind of game anyways than the 8 directions of WASD.

Story:
    It's Witcher, enough said.

Graphics:
    The game looks very good. I avoided watching any of the trailers or pre-release footage, so I am not sure about the graphics downgrade, but on ultra it is easily one of the best looking games on PC to date. The optimization/frame rate is also very good. With a single GTX 970, I am running on ultra (except for foliage distance, which is on high since it has significant FPS impact) at 1080p and the frame rate almost never dips below 60 FPS.

Audio:
    AMAZING voice acting, music, and sound effects. A lot of multiplatform games these days are 50 or 60 GB (Titanfall, CoD, etc.), where 90 percent of it is uncompressed audio meant to fill up the disks on the console versions. This game is 26 GB, yet has some of the best sound I've heard in a game.
  92. May 19, 2015
    I'm hesitant to give any game a 10/10, but so far I've enjoyed every damn second of this game, and that is very rare for me. Even when I went on a three hour epic quest after rope that I needed to make an armor set (seriously, rope is rarer than diamonds in this game!), I enjoyed the search and stumbled upon a lot of fun and interesting details and encounters in the world I probablyI'm hesitant to give any game a 10/10, but so far I've enjoyed every damn second of this game, and that is very rare for me. Even when I went on a three hour epic quest after rope that I needed to make an armor set (seriously, rope is rarer than diamonds in this game!), I enjoyed the search and stumbled upon a lot of fun and interesting details and encounters in the world I probably wouldn't have found otherwise. The world CDProjekt Red has created is one that I cannot but praise. I find most open worlds to be uninteresting after a few hours, and oftentimes the story in such games isn't interesting enough for me to continue it, so I end up wandering aimlessly around the world until I quit and never play again. Fortunately both the world, story, quests and its inhabitants were more than enough to keep me playing for hours on end.

If you're a fan of the previous Witcher games, I see no reason for you not to enjoy this one immensely. If you're coming in looking for another Skyrim or a fantasy GTA, you're probably going to be disappointed. The Witcher 3 is first and foremost a story-driven RPG, not a sandbox. When I looked back at the story and characters in The Witcher 2 (a game I love greatly, despite its flaws), I realised how much better TW3 did these things. I have yet to encounter a semi-important character that isn't interesting in some way or a quest outside of monster and treasure hunts that doesn't have an interesting story to tell or a twist that turns everything on its head.

But do note that this is the opinion of someone who loves the previous games and mature, dark fantasy in the same vein as Game of Thrones. It's important to note that the PC performance is somewhat iffy, the graphics have been "downgraded" from the first trailers, the options for PC are underwhelming and when you reach the edges of the world, you are turned around (sometimes the edges are at very odd places, like the middle of a small island).. These things don't bother me enough to give it a lesser score, but could be enough to greatly annoy other people. So, as always, do take a score with a grain of salt, especially on Metacritic where people speak with 10s and 0s, and everything in between are as rare as golden dragons.

Oh, and Gwent, Gwent is addictive and could have been a small release on its own. Too few people mention Gwent, because to me that little card game is a huge plus.

As a story-driven, open world RPG with more than serviceable combat, and as a Witcher game, it is to me a 10/10, and probably one of my all time favorite games.
  93. May 19, 2015
    What a good game!
    Excellent story, good optimization, It is GOTY
    Best version only on PC. My configuration is GXT 970 OC, i5-2500k OC and i have 50 fps on maximum setting (without Nvidia hairworks)
  94. May 20, 2015
    This will go down as one of the best rpg's ever created. It's mind blowing in scope and quality and very refreshing to have an adult oriented rpg. This is a harsh, realistic and brutal world
  95. May 19, 2015
    Barely 5 hours in and my god....most ambitious game so far for this year. Do not underestimate the scale and scope of this game, because it will devour you. The combat system is much better than the previous titles, it's much more accurate and smoother in my opinion. I don't have the best pc rig in the world, here are my specs, GTX 960 strix 2 gb, Amd 6300 3.8 ghz, and Corsair Vengeance 16Barely 5 hours in and my god....most ambitious game so far for this year. Do not underestimate the scale and scope of this game, because it will devour you. The combat system is much better than the previous titles, it's much more accurate and smoother in my opinion. I don't have the best pc rig in the world, here are my specs, GTX 960 strix 2 gb, Amd 6300 3.8 ghz, and Corsair Vengeance 16 gb ram. I was a bit scared when I saw the pc requirements for this game, but not anymore. The game runs great and looks absolutely amazing on high settings. Every little detail in this game is top notch. CD Projeckt really worked their butt off, and when I read their nice and humble note, " Dear Gamer, First of all, we would like to thank you for your support". No CD Projekt, I would like to thank you for this game, because gamers like myself have never gotten a humble message from other game developers. I know there are many haters out there that are spreading hatred about this game. My advice to those that have this, just continue your hunt, and ignore the ungrateful and whiny people. Expand
  96. May 19, 2015
    The game is fantastic, end of story. It's an improvement upon The Witcher 2 in every way, shape and form. The quick menu system is improved, combat is improved, the quest/inventory/journal/etc are all improved. I was worried about the graphics from the tsunami of **** that fell across the internet, but the game is absolutely gorgeous. The frame rate is glorious. The open world style,The game is fantastic, end of story. It's an improvement upon The Witcher 2 in every way, shape and form. The quick menu system is improved, combat is improved, the quest/inventory/journal/etc are all improved. I was worried about the graphics from the tsunami of **** that fell across the internet, but the game is absolutely gorgeous. The frame rate is glorious. The open world style, ala WoW (I hate to make the comparison but let's be honest, wow set a fantasy game framework that will be emulated forever) is an incredibly welcomed addition. It really does feel like a next gen game. CDProjectRed, on behalf of the pc gaming community, I want to apologize. This is a game the community deserves, and we should be incredibly thankful to have it. Expand
  97. May 20, 2015
    A game with great story, narrative and graphics? Almost impossible to come across these days. Witcher 3 is an amazing addition to modern RPG genre. I wish more games were made like this.
  98. May 20, 2015
    Probably the best open-world RPG and best RPG in 10 years. An excellent world-building, story, and choice-system. The combat system isn't as good as Dark Souls, but definitely challenging and enjoyable. As for the graphics, while downgraded, they are still stunning. A must buy if you are an RPG fan.
  99. May 19, 2015
    there are a lot of harsh user reviews on here.. downgraded or not.. if you're sitting at 60+ fps with the hair dynamic turned on and in high/ultra settings (sli gtx strix 970), the graphics are still amazing (this is NOT the same as Watch Dogs). the combat is great. the voice acting, story.. everything so far on my 3+ hours on pc has been amazing. i don't know why people are saying it'sthere are a lot of harsh user reviews on here.. downgraded or not.. if you're sitting at 60+ fps with the hair dynamic turned on and in high/ultra settings (sli gtx strix 970), the graphics are still amazing (this is NOT the same as Watch Dogs). the combat is great. the voice acting, story.. everything so far on my 3+ hours on pc has been amazing. i don't know why people are saying it's not optimized very well... after an nvidia update, that automatically turned off one of my graphics cards.. i still got 40+ fps on ultra/high settings... after 5 min of thinking this can't be right i turned back on sli and it barely flutters under 60. lol.. why on earth are people giving it zero's on here???? smh.. i have spent prob 1000 hours on skyrim and you play this.. the level of detail that went into this game... amazing... certainly not copying and pasting. Expand
  100. May 19, 2015
    Great story, music and atmosphere, rewarding exploration, hand-placed loot, improved, more fluid combat and a huge and interesting world make The Witcher 3 one of the best games ever made. There is a lot of talk about visual downgrade on PC. All I can say is that my rig is slightly below minimum requirements and it can run the game in 1080p resolution constantly over 30 FPS with mediumGreat story, music and atmosphere, rewarding exploration, hand-placed loot, improved, more fluid combat and a huge and interesting world make The Witcher 3 one of the best games ever made. There is a lot of talk about visual downgrade on PC. All I can say is that my rig is slightly below minimum requirements and it can run the game in 1080p resolution constantly over 30 FPS with medium settings and the graphics still look absolutely gorgeous. Expand

1. Jan 28, 2016
    The Witcher 3 says no to all of this - it's a great game with a fully realized setting, it's a joy to play, the business model behind it treats its customers like human beings, and it delivers a story that finally hits the tone of the books.
  2. Jan 20, 2016
    Probably the best open-world RPG ever made, but it still falls prey to some of the genre's worst traps.
  3. Nov 4, 2015
    I've made it pretty clear that it's hardly a flawless game, but that doesn't change the fact that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is something pretty bloody special and you should absolutely play it.