Jul 9, 2014Another great work from Telltale Games. The plot, character performances, and scenarios blend perfectly to deliver an excellent game. Yes, we are talking about a niche title, but this is a good opportunity for any kind of gamer to approach the graphic adventure genre.
Universal acclaim- based on 26 Ratings
Jul 12, 2014First about the technical and art aspects - they are top notch. Graphics, art direction, dialog, voice overs - all of those are at a very high level. It definitely will give a lot of animated series and movies a run for their money.
Now the game play has been disappointing for some as it is unlike Monkey Island or any classic adventure game for that matter. While you do have an inventory and sometimes get to use items from it there really are no puzzles to solve. The game just moves along regardless if you do things or not. I think to get full enjoyment out of it you should view this game more as one of those "choose your own adventure books" but with a great story, great characters and some though choices rather than as an adventure game. If you do that you will have a blast, if you are looking for clever puzzles then I am afraid this might not be the game for you.
The choices are pretty hard regardless whether they really matter and so on in the end. What matters is that you know what choices you made and some of them were some of the hardest choices I have ever had to make outside of real life.
The characters are very interesting and the game is quite mature, and not in a boobs everywhere type of way. There is poverty, forced prostitution, loan sharks, and even the bad guys are more of anti-heroes than just one dimensional evil characters.
The whole settings, based on the Fable comics which are quite great, is awesome. But I am a sucker for fairy tales and seeing this downtrodden community of characters you grew up with facing every day life far from their home is downright heartbreaking.
And this is what this game ultimately gave me, it gave me a good 8 hours of an emotional roller coaster filled with hard choices. I was angry, I was sad, I was happy, and I was sorry... the walking dead made me cry, but this made me feel.
Overall, highly recommended!… Full Review »
Jul 9, 2014Overall a highly enjoyable and engaging experience. However many decisions are starting to not feel important in the overall outcome.
The first few episodes build the characters well however it feels like it starts to drop off, especially for me the last episode being quite poor, and only trying to make up for it in the last minutes with a twist.
Still well worth a look for fans of this style and the Fables story.… Full Review »
Jul 26, 2014Finished this game 2 weeks ago.
Another great game from Telltale games.
First of all, The Wolf Among Us is a prequel to the renowned comic books, Fable. In The Wolf Among Us, you will play as Bigby, The Big Bad Wolf, trying to keep peace inside the Fabletown as it's Sheriff. One day she met a girl named Faith, and on the same day, Faith was killed and her head was left in front of Bigby's apartment. Who's the killer? and Why? Play the game to the conclusion and you'll get your head blown for it.
- After The Walking Dead Season 1, Telltale games made their name known for that masterpiece. And after that, they went and released The Wolf Among Us. When i played the first episode, i was blown. The game is visually beautiful, compared to The Walking Dead, it's totally an upgrade. Kinda like 2D Cell Shading kind of Visual, and it's awesome.
- The story includes characters that are famous and known to us. Like Snow white, Little Red Riding Hood, Humpty & Dumpty, Bloody Mary, & Etc. Although you never read Fable before, the characters are basically from the fairy tale. So, it's not someone that you don't know at all.
- Although i must say that the story progress is kinda slow, the conclusion to the game is pretty much awesome. That plot twists are gonna make you nod your head.
- A much more elaborate battle system. It becomes more similar to Heavy Rain, much more actions you can do, and much more objects that you can interact with. I think this system is an update from The Walking Dead.
- Unlike The Walking Dead, the choices that you made in the game doesn't really affect your storyline in an extreme way, which is why the options in the game isn't really that important. This game is not about an adventure, it's about solving a case. So if you are looking for a thrill of adventure in this game, don't.
- I did mentioned it before on the plus point, that the story progress is slow. And yes, those five episodes has totally different level on intensity. Like Episode 3, it feels like a filler to me.
The Wolf Among Us is another great game from Telltale games, and i personally love it. But don't expect it to be similar to The Walking Dead, since it's not an adventure game, but kinda more like Sherlock Holmes kind of game. Uncovering the mysteries is the point of this game.
And the visual level is beyond good, although you will still feel some technical issue like loading time and frame skip. Other than that, the game is good. What i want to say is, don't compare it to The Walking Dead.… Full Review »