7.9

1. JohnG.
    Aug 8, 2005
    It just opens up a whole new way of thinking about how you play First Person Shooters. If anyone remembers Prince of Persia, it's nothing like that , you could just use it as a panic button, or you can use your powers to find a creative solution, instead of just gunning through it.
  2. Oct 5, 2013
    I'll tend to go with the majority on this one. The game was exciting throughout and the time controls were a cool variation. In fact, I got through half the game before I was fully able to exploit the time controls to get out of sticky situations. Buy this one now, especially you can get it so cheaply on sites like Ebay.
  3. Jul 24, 2011
    I paid budget price for TimeShift so I'm even less likely to gripe than I would if I'd paid £20+ on it but I found the game really enjoyable, a little slow to start but once you make your way out of the city things really get interesting. On the surface, yes it's an above average FPS with a gimmick but the gimmick on this one is the stuff that lesser (and some greater) games dream of.
  4. Oct 6, 2012
    I found the game amazing and very go(o)d looking. The only problem is that the story is not made very clear, although i think i understood it. The graphics are way cool, the gameplay is new and perfect and the story videos look like real ones (with real actors). I recommend it to anyone
  5. Trauts
    Nov 3, 2007
    A lot of fun. The gameplay mechanics are great. It's so much improved over the version a year ago that it's barely recognizable. The only regret I have about the remaking is that the enemies do not seem to carry on conversations if they haven't noticed you, which they used to do. It's a shame. (I haven't beaten the game yet). It's very challenging. It really A lot of fun. The gameplay mechanics are great. It's so much improved over the version a year ago that it's barely recognizable. The only regret I have about the remaking is that the enemies do not seem to carry on conversations if they haven't noticed you, which they used to do. It's a shame. (I haven't beaten the game yet). It's very challenging. It really does help to be creative with the time powers, because you're often outgunned and/or outnumbered. The game seems a blast so far. There aren't any multiplayer servers up yet, but I'm really hoping that changes! Expand
  6. NickB.
    Nov 4, 2007
    It's not "halo" or "half life" but it's damn well close. Not many other games let you bend time? It's at least good for one play through. The multiplayer is a bit like quake 3 and unreal tournament combined with time grenades.
  7. MarvinJ.
    Nov 5, 2007
    This game is awesome. Playing with the time powers is so fun, and no other game has come close to the kind of time control you can pull off here. Multiplayer is like a completely different game, but no less fun. A must buy for any gamer looking for a unique shooter.
  8. JohnnyM.
    Jan 10, 2008
    I was pleasantly suprised by this game. Graphically it's stunning, up there with Bioshock, HL2 and Gears of War (it has a similar style to this game). It's quite a long game for a shooter, and provides quite a challenge. The AI is decent though nothing special, there's plenty of variety in the levels, much of the environment is destructible, it has interesting weapons, and I was pleasantly suprised by this game. Graphically it's stunning, up there with Bioshock, HL2 and Gears of War (it has a similar style to this game). It's quite a long game for a shooter, and provides quite a challenge. The AI is decent though nothing special, there's plenty of variety in the levels, much of the environment is destructible, it has interesting weapons, and the timeshifting abilities are well implemented, being a core of the gameplay rather than a gimmick. The story's ok too. Give it a go; I can honestly say I enjoyed this far more than I did Crysis. Expand
  9. RaphaelP.
    Nov 2, 2007
    I have to agree with most critics and say that the game is indeed repeatetive but in this case the repeating stuff is totaly so I don't care!
  10. StevenB.
    Nov 11, 2007
    What an incredibly fun game. As the game goes on it gets more and more engrossing. It's not likely to win any awards for creativity, but it's a fun game for someone who likes a Half Life 2-like environment. It's much more difficult than Half Life though.
  11. Sep 11, 2011
    A genuine underdog with a lot to recommend it, TimeShift challenges your reflexes, intelligence, and tactics, and often all at once. A variety of enemies with different abilities and tactics, and a hands-off predator-style gameplay that makes no bones about how to play it. To describe it one word: 'Fun.' The story is obtuse and hard to get into, even if there's nothing new about theA genuine underdog with a lot to recommend it, TimeShift challenges your reflexes, intelligence, and tactics, and often all at once. A variety of enemies with different abilities and tactics, and a hands-off predator-style gameplay that makes no bones about how to play it. To describe it one word: 'Fun.' The story is obtuse and hard to get into, even if there's nothing new about the writing, and I'd love to have seen a some more uses for the time-reversal ability. Where this game falls short for me is that the time abilities don't always mesh well with the gunplay. Using them in the vehicle sections and bypassing traps and hazards is where the game really shines, and the game could have used more of them or a more physical combat system akin to Mirror's Edge or Assassin's creed... A game which uses giant zeppelins and crimson-skies inspired planes, was just begging for a swashbuckling fight on board a giant air craft. But these are wishes for a different game. As it stands, TimeShift was worth it, and something I would play again and again simply because it is of a kind which comes around only so often. Enough potential in it's current form but begging for so much more. Expand
  12. May 22, 2013
    It is 2013 and this game is nigh unplayable. I like to think I have a decent PC, I can run every contemporary game on high settings, blah blah blah. However, Timeshift hates me with a vengeance. I had to reinstall it 4 times just to convince it to run in 1080p. Every time I try to change the resolution, it crashes. I try to change the game settings, it crashes. For some reason I can't everIt is 2013 and this game is nigh unplayable. I like to think I have a decent PC, I can run every contemporary game on high settings, blah blah blah. However, Timeshift hates me with a vengeance. I had to reinstall it 4 times just to convince it to run in 1080p. Every time I try to change the resolution, it crashes. I try to change the game settings, it crashes. For some reason I can't ever change the keyboard settings, because, you guessed it, it crashes, and I am not uninstalling and reinstalling for the 5th time.
    Upon installation, it also told me that I needed to "upgrade my drivers" (apparently Sierra wasn't fond of ATI/AMD cards). So unless you have an Nvidia card running drivers from 2007, you're likely gonna have trouble starting the game.
  13. Oct 3, 2010
    A game with no new story or powers but one with style.The single player is cool exciting fun and has some new additions like reversing time for you to get somewhere.The graphics are good the gameplay fun many weapons to chose from.Many locations good ai and some puzzles to resolve.Ok
  14. GarethMeney
    Jul 1, 2009
    Context: $5, 60FPS, Cheated most of the way through.

Context: $5, 60FPS, Cheated most of the way through.

What an outsanding Sci Fi shooter romp. Satisfying weaponry, minimal physics, semi destructible terrain, time altering game mechanics, good performance. I started to play on the hardest level which was quite a challenge. I found myself saving and loading a lot so I popped in a cheat and stomped my way through the rest of the game (life is too short). Great fun.
  15. Jun 18, 2013
    Timeshift was a smart and quick gore thrill ride that took a take on an alternate future through the use of time travel. The game suffers from a linear experience, but succeeds in a surprisingly beautiful setting and graphical capabilities for the time (that I'm still impressed with today). Timeshift was the best surprise I've played in a while and I'm very glad to have picked it up.

16. bobythor
    Feb 6, 2008
    ... well i have been all over the forms for this game and i have bought it and tryed to play it, but it will not run

start up the game and a window pops up and then closes, there is a 10 page form on there technical websight about this issue and it is an old issue, i has to do with the grafix drivers in the game, if you do not have a nvida carn then DO NOT BUY THIS GAME, even with nvida cards a lot of users have to down grade there drivers to play this game

the game looks very good, and i realy want to play it but i have an ATI card so i cant with the error i am getting
    what is realy frustrating is the fact that it gives no error box when the program fails to run.
  17. RileyA.
    Nov 3, 2007
    Definatly did not like this game. With the poor content delivery for online, and troubles and infact the inability to even patch the game makes this game extremely difficult to even play. The gameplay is poor, graphics are way behind for what it requires and the actual gameplay is lacking a great deal. I would not recommend this game to anyone.
  18. S.W.
    Nov 15, 2007
    Its a pretty fun game for the first hour or two. Most of the timeshifting is done by your fansy suit, almost all by itself. And when you do choose the slow down, pause, or reverse time you just run up to an enemy and shoot them in the face a few times. It gets a little repetitive. That said, I have recommended it to people with consoles who can rent it.
  19. Kenny
    Nov 22, 2007
    The game is fun while playing around with the timeshift abilities but you're missing a lot of standard game features like a bossfight and a better story and endning.

[SPOILER WARNING] The story is quite basic and you'll learn more along the way but the movies often just show short sentences like "He checked the suit yesterday, and wanted to revert to old style?! Why is

[SPOILER WARNING]
    The story is quite basic and you'll learn more along the way but the movies often just show short sentences like "He checked the suit yesterday, and wanted to revert to old style?! Why is that?".

The ending is one of the lousiest I've seen, with absolutely no real bossfight, just a standard shoot some bad guys, and then run left/right and avoid missiles. You don't even get to kill the bad guy. And while you're actually glad to finally be back in your own universe the damn AI suddenly decides to timeshift to prevent a paradox...
    [SPOILER END]

The audio setup was bad as if you play on standard settings you'll not be able to hear the radio chatter.

It feels as if the game is lacking features, like "intercepting enemy radio" feature as the S.S.A.M even announces it near the beginning of the game but nothing happens.

I don't know what they thought of when they thought of the story (probably Half-Life) but having you assaigned to missions without even talking to people really is weird if you have no real reason for it (Gordon did, TimeShift-dude didn't).

Half of the pussles of the game are just push-a-button-and-run-across type of play since the AI knows what's best almost every time. I actually needed to press manualy one time throughout the whole game (thanks for that AI, took me 20 min to figure out that you where wrong).

Most of the time the timeshifting abilities where great but you lacked a better use of the Rewind Time ability, since when you die you do it quickly and with almost no option of pressing the rewind keys.

Do not expect anything huge from it. It can be very addicting at first time but after you've beaten it once there is just a slim chance you'll play it again within a month.
  20. Andy
    Nov 3, 2007
    It can be big dumb fun, but don't expect the world of it. The environments are detailed and the graphical overhaul looks teriffic, (just look at the shots of the old build that was going to be released!) but it just feels like so much wasted potential. The time-related "puzzles" are all canned, as the game tells you which power to use and there is no other way past them. Even if you It can be big dumb fun, but don't expect the world of it. The environments are detailed and the graphical overhaul looks teriffic, (just look at the shots of the old build that was going to be released!) but it just feels like so much wasted potential. The time-related "puzzles" are all canned, as the game tells you which power to use and there is no other way past them. Even if you see another way that seems perfectly logical, invisible walls will force you to take the route the developers intended. The AI dosen't really go beyond "stand still and shoot", "charge straight ahead and shoot" and "follow pre-scripted cover commands". The actual time-manipulation tricks are good fun for a while, but make the game far too easy. Add ridiculously powerful, unbalanced weapons (did a game that allows you to slow down time really need an auto-sniper with no downtime between rounds?) and you end up with a package that will appeal to genre newcomers or those who beat HL:E2 and need some affable fodder to slug through before Crysis arrives. Unless you really need another FPS immediately, wait for the barrage of titles hitting shelves throughout the holiday season or wait for the price to drop. Expand
  21. May 5, 2015
    This is a shooter in which you can do some time manipulation. With this trick you can easily kill swarm of enemies by stopping the time and finish them off while they can't move. Then there are some puzzles which again you have to solve by some time manipulation. The background story is misty and pretty much lacking. The shooting is ok though sometimes not very challenging due to this timeThis is a shooter in which you can do some time manipulation. With this trick you can easily kill swarm of enemies by stopping the time and finish them off while they can't move. Then there are some puzzles which again you have to solve by some time manipulation. The background story is misty and pretty much lacking. The shooting is ok though sometimes not very challenging due to this time trick. All in all a mediocre game. This time concept is worked out better in other games (e.g. FEAR; singularity). Expand

A great deal of work was done to bring the look and feel of TimeShift up to date, though an equal amount of time should have been spent on the design and presentation.
  2. While it may not approach the craftsmanship or innovation of a "Half-Life 2," TimeShift introduces enough interesting elements to its derivative gameplay to make this game worth a look.
  3. An interesting time-shifting mechanic and fun-to-shoot weapons can't make up for the rest of TimeShift's run-of-the-mill first-person shooter gameplay.