7.5

1. Jul 9, 2013
    Bearing in mind I bought this for $2.49 from GOG.com it blew me away.

I enjoy physics puzzlers, especially when the terrain can be manipulated in a meaningful way. The game screams "INDIE!" but in a good way, from the Central American/Eastern European jazzy music to the graphic novel type graphics. It is irreverent and "different" without trying so hard that it's like watching your
    Bearing in mind I bought this for $2.49 from GOG.com it blew me away.

The game screams "INDIE!" but in a good way, from the Central American/Eastern European jazzy music to the graphic novel type graphics. It is irreverent and "different" without trying so hard that it's like watching your dad dance at a disco.

It has that "one more go" dynamic down to a "T" especially as each block move or cut is unique and you can solve each puzzle in any way the engine allows you to.

Ultimately the game is fun; the vibe is spot on and I hope the developers get to make a bigger game some time soon. Even at full price I will buy it.

Oh, it's a kind of 3d 3rd person platformer where you have to make your own platforms and routes by pulling with a rope, pushing with rockets or slicing with a laser. If that doesn't sell it then I bet you wouldn't like sharks with lasers either.
  2. Aug 4, 2013
    Very underrated and very fun game, great design, great soundtrack, great gameplay, any fan of 3D platformers will really enjoy their time with this game. One drawback though from making this game a 10 out of 10 would be how short the game is, to finish the game without getting all the collectables will take about only 4hours of gameplay. But a very fun 4hours, I’d also recommend picking upVery underrated and very fun game, great design, great soundtrack, great gameplay, any fan of 3D platformers will really enjoy their time with this game. One drawback though from making this game a 10 out of 10 would be how short the game is, to finish the game without getting all the collectables will take about only 4hours of gameplay. But a very fun 4hours, I’d also recommend picking up the soundtrack too if you’re into indi bands. 8/10 Expand
  3. Dec 14, 2012
    There is nothing on the market that delivers the kind of experience you get from this game. The art and music are memorable and enjoyable. The game play is innovative and unique and the story is, while a bit shallow, enjoyable. The comic style art was flawlessly executed. The game simply looks good. From the open areas bright areas to the enclosed dark ones, the art style never fails toThere is nothing on the market that delivers the kind of experience you get from this game. The art and music are memorable and enjoyable. The game play is innovative and unique and the story is, while a bit shallow, enjoyable. The comic style art was flawlessly executed. The game simply looks good. From the open areas bright areas to the enclosed dark ones, the art style never fails to deliver. Visually, the game is wonderful. The soundtracks fit in perfectly with the game. I enjoyed almost every track. The game play is what really grabs you. The slicing, pulling and rocketing is an incredible mechanic that gives you unrivaled flexibility in the game. Since almost everything can be manipulated, it gives new meaning to "the world is your playground". You can choose the paths the developers created for you and drag a block here and cut a block there or have some fun, explore and be creative. This is where the game shines. That being said, one big gripe i have about the game play is the controls. The movement feels very clunky and when you're trying to inch along a narrow beam, you'll frequently accidentally step too far and die. I'd say 80% of my deaths were these kinds. Luckily its no huge deal since the respawns are instant. No load times between deaths, no nothing. Just bam! There you are. And the checkpoints are frequent enough that dying is far from the end of the world. The game does get a little repetitive if you try to play it all in one sitting. If you take this game in pieces, you'll enjoy every bit of it. The story is incredibly simple but gains a surprising amount of depth. It is simply this: You are Tiny, your brother, Big, stole your grandpa's magical underwear (and has decided to wear it on his head) and has gone a bit nuts. You have to get to him and take your underwear back. In the last level, the game actually develops a bit of depth and all the stuff around you starts to have some meaning. It was a surprisingly pleasant discovery. The ending is pretty good too. Not the greatest I've ever seen but good. Overall, for delivering a fun and memorable experience, I give it an 8. 2 points were docked for the minor control issue and the occasional feeling of tedium. Expand
  4. Jul 15, 2012
    Fracking awesome game. One of the most inventive I've ever played. The pure fun you can have by just destroying the terrain is just.... OVER 9000!

The difficulty scales pretty well too :D

Tiny and Big could use a sandbox mode where you just place WHATEVER you want. That would make the game 10x awesomer :D
  5. Jun 23, 2012
    A **** awesome game. I love it as much as super meat boy, but as an adventure-kind-of-type game! but even a little more, because you're chasing the magic underpants. I like it a lot :-)
  6. Jan 28, 2013
    Tiny & Big has very different and fresh game mechanics that make for a great gaming experience. I haven't been so pleasantly surprised by a game in a long time. This one is worth checking out.
  7. Aug 28, 2014
    Grandpa's Leftovers is short, sweet, and has a novel game mechanic that actually works. Most people will get less than a day of play time from this game.

1. Oct 1, 2012
    Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers is a good, but not great, indie puzzle platformer.
  2. Sep 16, 2012
    Authentically strange, and effortlessly entertaining. [Sept 2012, p.56]
  3. Aug 31, 2012
    Tiny & Big is not an altogether bad game. It's certainly not broken, it has a lot going for it, and on paper it would sound great. But it also serves as a good example as to why publishers can be a good thing. I think that with additional play testing and someone higher up to reign in the focus a little, Tiny & Big could have been another entry into the growing list of awesome "indie" games. As is, it's a game with solid base but one that fails to do anything with it.