8.0

1. Jan 14, 2013
    Pretty bland and boring, honestly. The puzzles get ridiculous in a hurry, and require you to use the given tools in the precise manner the developers intended, effectively eliminating any possibility of player creativity. The worst part of the game, however, is the color scheme. When you play for 30 minutes or more and then quit the game, you will immediately notice a strange impression itPretty bland and boring, honestly. The puzzles get ridiculous in a hurry, and require you to use the given tools in the precise manner the developers intended, effectively eliminating any possibility of player creativity. The worst part of the game, however, is the color scheme. When you play for 30 minutes or more and then quit the game, you will immediately notice a strange impression it has left in your eyes with its bright, neon colors as you seemingly view the world with a yellowish-green pair of glasses. Expand
  2. Oct 31, 2013
    Toki Tori is a short and sweet game for those who love puzzles and a bright colored atmospheric game. The game's puzzles will leave you thinking on how to progress and the colorful themes in the design and music will keep you on your way as you try to solve through the puzzles in the game. The game comes with about 4 worlds with a set number of stages and the PC version includes additionalToki Tori is a short and sweet game for those who love puzzles and a bright colored atmospheric game. The game's puzzles will leave you thinking on how to progress and the colorful themes in the design and music will keep you on your way as you try to solve through the puzzles in the game. The game comes with about 4 worlds with a set number of stages and the PC version includes additional bonus levels and a rewind/forward button feature which allows you to undo mistakes. Expand
  3. Dec 14, 2012
    Pretty fun little game - but my interest is fading. I've played 15 hours on Steam where I purchased it on sale for $0.49, and it's well worth that. I like that it doesn't require rapid reflexes to solve most puzzles. It really is mostly a puzzle game - where you have to plan out all your steps and resource use in advance. Lots of trial and error with a helpful "rewind" button for when youPretty fun little game - but my interest is fading. I've played 15 hours on Steam where I purchased it on sale for $0.49, and it's well worth that. I like that it doesn't require rapid reflexes to solve most puzzles. It really is mostly a puzzle game - where you have to plan out all your steps and resource use in advance. Lots of trial and error with a helpful "rewind" button for when you mess up. One of the harder levels I couldn't do because of timing (ex: I knew what to do, but couldn't execute fast enough - I'm on a keyboard and mouse) - but 95% of the time actions are not dependent on quick timing. I'm on the "Bubbles" levels now and am probably close to quiting as they're pretty hard and getting to be more frustrating than fun (when you have to google regularly to find the solution it ceases to be fun imho). I still give this a 6 as I enjoyed it alot up to now. Definitely worth it on sale, and enjoyed the early worlds alot. Some of the "Hard" levels will be exactly that - and don't be surprised if you get to the point like me where the difficulty outreaches your interest. The first 3 worlds are a definite 7, but I ground to a halt at the Bubbles level and not sure I'll finish - so lowering score to 6. Expand
  4. Nov 3, 2013
    At first glance, you'd think Toki Tori is a cute little platformer suited for young kids, but this game is much deeper than this initial first impression. In fact, Toki Tori is not a platformer at all, its actually a puzzle game, and believe me, many of the challenges are quite tough and force you to really think ahead. If you wait for Steam sales you can get this game for really cheap, IAt first glance, you'd think Toki Tori is a cute little platformer suited for young kids, but this game is much deeper than this initial first impression. In fact, Toki Tori is not a platformer at all, its actually a puzzle game, and believe me, many of the challenges are quite tough and force you to really think ahead. If you wait for Steam sales you can get this game for really cheap, I picked it up for $0.49 not too long ago and in my opinion was as absolute steal. Expand
  5. Mar 22, 2012
    When you first see this game, you might get the impression it's more of a child's game, but believe me, it's not! I got this game in a bundle with some other games and had low expectations of it, but actually it turned out to be the best game of the bundle where I already spent over 20 hours in. :) Toki Tori is actually a puzzle game. It's all based on a simple idea, you can walk aroundWhen you first see this game, you might get the impression it's more of a child's game, but believe me, it's not! I got this game in a bundle with some other games and had low expectations of it, but actually it turned out to be the best game of the bundle where I already spent over 20 hours in. :) Toki Tori is actually a puzzle game. It's all based on a simple idea, you can walk around and climb ladders, there are x eggs in a room, you have limited items to use, and you got to get all the eggs with those items. Since the gameplay is smooth, with for example a rewind option for if you do something wrong and a fast walking toki (the chicken you control in the game, either by mouse or by keyboard, mouse works really well), it plays nice and is really addicting. The puzzles themselves are good too, they start rather easy, but get harder, yet it still satisfies when you find the solution for them. It satisfies even more when you break a level :) (have items left in a level) And more important, there are more than enough levels, there are almost 100 in the game already! And when you're done with those, which will take you some time since you can be stuck on the hardest levels for hours, there is an active steam community, where another bunch of levels are to download thanks to the level editor! All with all, this is a really fun puzzle game, which every puzzle fan should get, especially because of it's low price :) Expand
  6. Dec 25, 2011
    Toki Tori tries to sell itself as a Platformer that plays like a Puzzle game, in which it ultimately fails at being either of these, make it in a bland, repetitive waste of money.
  7. Feb 14, 2012
    It's a very boring game. As a PLZ game, it cannot make you happy or give you a sense of achievement at all.
    And that bird, how can you guys make it so non-joyful
  8. Jan 7, 2012
    It's got a neat idea to it, and I'd love to see the gameplay handled by some more competent people, but overall Toki Tori is an annoying, infuriating mess brought down by sync issues, hitbox issues, and weird AI behavior that can cause you to have to constantly restart a level because something isn't behaving the way the game wants it to.
  9. Mar 21, 2011
    Toki tori is a perfect game for kids 8 and up. It looks like a platform jumping game, but in reality the levels are neat puzzles. Some levels are quite hard, so you may need to help your kid, but overall it is refreshing to see a good logic game in a world full of dumb clickfests.
  10. Feb 22, 2012
    Toki Tori is essentially a puzzle game. I just finished all the stages in normal level without any helps, which indicated that the puzzle is fair and reasonable. There are several tools to clear each stage. What you need to do is to find the way to utilize these tools in the most efficient way (at right locations and at right timings). 90 percent of stages in normal level are fairly easyToki Tori is essentially a puzzle game. I just finished all the stages in normal level without any helps, which indicated that the puzzle is fair and reasonable. There are several tools to clear each stage. What you need to do is to find the way to utilize these tools in the most efficient way (at right locations and at right timings). 90 percent of stages in normal level are fairly easy if you like puzzle games. However, there are several stages which require some hard thinking. There are hard level stages which I assume will be more challenging than normal level stages. I am looking forward to these hard level games. Re-playability value is not great. However if you can get it for $5, the game is definitely worth it. Expand
  11. Jul 14, 2013
    I tried the demo, and first three lvls were confusing but I could pass them. Next lvl was imposible, the demo game doesn't even say what to do and more important:how. If you want to sell a product you must make it funny and not hard and brainbraking,
  12. Oct 14, 2014
    Toki Tori is a solid puzzle game, but it doesn't keep me interested for more than a few minutes at a time. The levels don't have a enough variety, and the audio/visual features become repetitive and annoying.
  13. Jul 21, 2012
    Surprisingly mature and clever gameplay. The only children-directed aspect of this game is the presentation. It's because of that I recommend it especially to families and institutions. The gameplay is for mindful thinkers and tinkerers of all ages. Some levels are very difficult.
  14. Apr 12, 2012
    What appealed to me the most in Toki Tori were the challenging and interesting puzzles - a good puzzle game is difficult to find these days! Each of the four worlds has a unique ability, keeping the game from going stale, while adding a sense of adventure. Don't be fooled by the bubbly music, colourful graphics and childish feel - the bonus/hard puzzles are tough and give a huge sense ofWhat appealed to me the most in Toki Tori were the challenging and interesting puzzles - a good puzzle game is difficult to find these days! Each of the four worlds has a unique ability, keeping the game from going stale, while adding a sense of adventure. Don't be fooled by the bubbly music, colourful graphics and childish feel - the bonus/hard puzzles are tough and give a huge sense of satisfaction when a solution is found.
    Highly recommended for those patient puzzle lovers out there.
  15. Apr 28, 2013
    cute puzzle game! great tutorial levels, and the levels gradually increase in difficulty. (some of the later ones were super hard!) the pc version has pretty cool effects too (i also got the android version, not sure if it was because i got it on one of the bundles?). pretty original gameplay concept. i should pick up the second one at some point. definitely check it out if you likecute puzzle game! great tutorial levels, and the levels gradually increase in difficulty. (some of the later ones were super hard!) the pc version has pretty cool effects too (i also got the android version, not sure if it was because i got it on one of the bundles?). pretty original gameplay concept. i should pick up the second one at some point. definitely check it out if you like puzzle games!

i don't understand some of the negative reviews below this... the concepts are pretty simple to figure out... and new mechanics are introduced every few levels, so i wouldn't call it repetitive... go back to playing Call of Duty 10?

1. Toki Tori couldn't motivate me to play it for more than a couple hours. A multiplayer mode like in New Super Mario Bros. Wii would make it a lot more exciting.
  2. Toki Tori might be a very sweet looking puzzle game but is despite its looks really hard to master sometimes. It just makes so much fun to find the missing eggs with the chicken, that you won't stop it for a long time.
    All in all, Toki Tori is a wonderful puzzler, giving you hours of entertainment. Looking for something to play on your netbook or laptop while heading for school, work or friends? Toki Tori is a good choice, especially considering its 4 euro price tag. Also recommended as a Steam present if you have friends that love this genre.