7.8

1. Nov 27, 2010
    After having played the first Gost Recon I got stright thinto the advanced warfighter. I have no idea how someone can get such an excellent game and turn it into such a mess..

Honestly, this is the worst game I have ever played... It looks great, the graphics are great but it annoys the hell out of you.. Gameplay. Still after several hours of playing I cant get the keys in a

Gameplay.

Still after several hours of playing I cant get the keys in a configuration that is comfortable. In the first Ghost recon you could send the team exactly were you wanted to. You could tell to drop stance, lay on their knees or stand up. So you could protect them from their low IQ.

In this one, you cant. they do whatever you do. So, they are exposed and die on you all the time. So you have to do everything and only use them as cover. Now how stupid is that???

Weapons. You cant drop a weapon, you cant pick up ammo from other weapons even if they are of the same type, the rpgs you pick up show to have a missile on them but once you pick it up it says its empty, (bug), when you throw a grenade you can control the strength you throw it with and it leaves your hand as if you re using a grenade launcher.. etc etc..

On the hardcore, they tried to make it extremely difficult but the wrong way.. Just as you get into the line of sight of the enemy you get instantly killed. just like that.. Sometimes you are being shot at but the radar doesnt show you were the shots is coming from!! Guys, please.. realise that in reality you have a much wider vision, and hearing and you can understand were the shots come from.. you have to complement for the tunnel vision of gaming somehow.. ok???

the team.. on the hardcore, the "IQ" /abilities of the enemies goes up.. but your team is just as stupid and useless.. the are being shot at and all they do is shout : Im taking fire!!! Well yes you moron you are in a war what do you expect?? do sthing about it!!

on Ghost recon 1, you could walk around the enemies and flank tyhem while sending your team the other way.. on this one, no. they had to touch cvause sthing was bothering with you having the ability to think.. So, the map, doesnt get wide enough for you to control the team and as a result if you move too far from the rest you cant seem them on the map. and if you try to move them blindly, they ll go stright into the line of fire and get instantly killed.. nice..

If you wonder around now, and you get a bit off further away from where the game ecpects you to be, you get a guy on the screen yelling at you that you re leaving the battlefield and they ll shut you down.. and if you insists just a little more you die and start all over again.. nice hah??

Overall this game is a disaster.. I really liked the first Ghost Recon.. so much so, that I ve been playing for more then 3 years.. On and off of course.. This one? I ll finish, but I dont think I ll ever install it again..

there s no tactics, no gameplay, and no fun in it..
  2. Aug 21, 2010
    Having owned this game since it was released over 4 years ago, I just completed it! You might say that I am persistent. Like hell I am. I cheated big time. Way back years ago, I managed to get to the mission where you need to destroy the power station before my frustration with the game overwhelmed my desire to find out what happened next. Now I am all for reality in any computer game IHaving owned this game since it was released over 4 years ago, I just completed it! You might say that I am persistent. Like hell I am. I cheated big time. Way back years ago, I managed to get to the mission where you need to destroy the power station before my frustration with the game overwhelmed my desire to find out what happened next. Now I am all for reality in any computer game I play but for all but the Hardest Core competitive gamers this one is ridiculously difficult and unforgivingly brutal in sending you back to the beginning of missions to continue. I tried many strategies but the AI for all its brilliance is super-uber intelligent and I am sure that even those truly hardcore gamers would have to admit that we are up against an army of super soldiers here. One the other hand as I mentioned I cheated. I did a little research and swapped the local file in the root menu of the game with one that I downloaded which gave me infinite ammo and made me unkillable. Even so I did try to play as if my player could die and indeed I certainly would have died multiple times in each mission despite my efforts.

But over a few weeks I worked my way through the entire game. Even though cheating did remove an important dimension of the game it gave me the opportunity to complete it and otherwise it would never have happened in a month of Sundays for me. The need to cheat aside I think this game is a masterpiece of detail, realism, movement and atmosphere. One can truly be drawn into the story of a Mexican Military Cue during a North American Leaders Summit. True gravity given to the story line by the death of the Canadian Prime Minister early on as events unfold. Broad open mission areas toping off the finest first person shooter this gamers has ever played. Bar none including the overrated new stuff like Mass Effect 2 which I also just completed. GRAW was a way superior experience. I am now taking the wrapper of GRAW 2 which I purchased when it first came out!
  3. Oct 2, 2010
    The most realist fps at its time excepting Operation Flashpoint.Great ai nice weapons cool gameplay.The story isn't its best part but neither the worst.The sound is good.It is nicely shaped if you look you can see that you cant scavange enemy magazines if you have another caliber weapon.Good enough.
  4. Jan 23, 2011
    This game is amazing, it combines unique strategy with moderately stunning graphics, its way more tactical and customizable than any other FPS on the market, at first it can be a little furstrating, but once its picked up, you will have a blast, I highly recommend this game if you want moderately realistic, along with a believable storyline. The combat is very interesting, with all theThis game is amazing, it combines unique strategy with moderately stunning graphics, its way more tactical and customizable than any other FPS on the market, at first it can be a little furstrating, but once its picked up, you will have a blast, I highly recommend this game if you want moderately realistic, along with a believable storyline. The combat is very interesting, with all the different angles it is very versatile, and the world has diversity, I would highly say that this is superior to any call of duty game, be warned however, the multi player just plain sucks. in GRAW2 however, the multi player is WAY better. Very often you will be completely convinced that you are an elite unit of the united states government.
    Very fun.
  5. May 26, 2011
    As a player looking for challenge, this game definitely brings frustrate in frustration. Much easier to die than on Resident Evil 4, on Professional...

I like the idea of individualizing yourself and your team's inventory, but the fact that microing EACH of them while trying to keep yourself and your team alive makes this punishing for new players. (I struggle with normal on this game.) And the team moves much slower behind you, which leaves to to wait for like 30 seconds before actually getting regrouped.
  6. Jun 10, 2014
    I thought the game was bad based on reviews... i really enjoyed Ghost Recon 1... then I played this one. I played the first mission and the second one. Its really good.
    You Cant literally become... the other AI's(like in the first one). so its tougher to keep them safe. So attacking at the same time they attack is very very important. Timing is important you need to kindof protect them by killing enemies when the enemies are distracted with them. The AI is not as dumb (as complaints) so far but I've seen them do silly things. So a few times i just told them to stay where they are and let me handle things.
    I'm in Normal difficulty. I'd recommend the game. I move the players around on the map (i thought the map didn't exist or they took it out but they didn't). You still have that same map. You can move them around away and create distractions. But dont get them too close to fighting they will die.

You must use MLAA and FXAA injection to make the game look good graphically.

1. With 16 players and 16 guns blazing, the game is violent bliss, and certainly a war demanding to be fought over and over again. [Apr 2006, p.58]
    As a package, it's an incredibly complete product of flabbergasting quality; more than any other game, GRAW puts the player in the nerve-snapping tension of pauses between engagements. It thrusts you into the terror of modern, quicksilver-fluid combat.
  3. A demanding and gratifying shooter that brings a new level of seriousness to the Ghost Recon franchise. And, perhaps more importantly, restores it to the good graces of PC owners. Provided they've got the horsepower.