4.8

1. Jul 2, 2012
    It's fair to say, I'm very disappointed - I've spent money to purchase and play the game, and I'm not able to play at all, which for me is a bit of a major.

I think it's very unreasonable to be expected to pay money now and then wait weeks/months to get a patch to fix the game so that I can play... I'd much rather spend my money on something else now, enjoy that game, and then spend my money on Future Soldier in a few months time (assuming its been fixed).

Attempts to contact Ubisoft support have gone unanswered, which is even more disappointing since I expect more from a reputable game dev house.
  2. Jun 26, 2012
    Wow. Really disappointed. I'm only 4 missions in but I gotta say...terrible port to the PC. I usually don
  3. Oct 24, 2012
    I give this game a 3 out of 10, fair review. Tom clancy games have always been about tactical game play, this is far from it. Its an arcade style shooter on par with battlefield 3 and call of duty franchise. The multiplayer matchmaking is still broken, its been broken since launch and its still just as bad months later.

The single player story is lackluster, the weapons do not do enough

The single player story is lackluster, the weapons do not do enough damage in multi player. I was an avid tom clancy fan, books and games, but this is just... I cant begin to describe how they screwed up tom clancy to appeal to the average gamer. No longer a highly tactical gameplay style its just... I cant say anything more than "broken."

The support for the game is minimal, they do not listen, they do not know how to fix the code that has existed for a while. My advise, skip this game, save your money, by something better, its not even worth 10 dollars imo.
  4. Jun 26, 2012
    This is probably the worst console port i have ever played. There are still noticeable xbox icons (lb on top of gernades/equipment). and the controls feel very clunky and hard to get used to. another major problem for me is no in game options. you have to go all the way back to the main menu to change your settings. And very recently i have encountered a game breaking bug on only theThis is probably the worst console port i have ever played. There are still noticeable xbox icons (lb on top of gernades/equipment). and the controls feel very clunky and hard to get used to. another major problem for me is no in game options. you have to go all the way back to the main menu to change your settings. And very recently i have encountered a game breaking bug on only the second mission of the game that freezes everything and i cant do anything but look around with my mouse. theres more. ubisoft has recently stated that the new patch for pc will stabilize the servers but from what ive experienced, its still **** i cant play a full game with out it disconnecting. i give this game a 4 because when it works its alright but with all the problems it has as of right now (release date) i cant give it any higher. oh and is it just me or is there a 60 fps lock??? Expand
  5. Jul 3, 2012
    Cons: Terrible console port - things like 'press LB' and other xbox related icons can be found all over. The graphics look awful - offensive pop-in objects, low res textures and poor anti-aliasing. Connection problems - be prepared to be disconnected and kicked out of almost every game. Price - £30 for a crappy console port? Rip off. Optimisation - I run a high end rig, complete withCons: Terrible console port - things like 'press LB' and other xbox related icons can be found all over. The graphics look awful - offensive pop-in objects, low res textures and poor anti-aliasing. Connection problems - be prepared to be disconnected and kicked out of almost every game. Price - £30 for a crappy console port? Rip off. Optimisation - I run a high end rig, complete with overclocked i5-2500k and an EVGA GTX 670 FTW, and I cant even run this game on max settings properly. BF3 on ultra @ 60fps, no problem! but this.. no way. Unbelievable. Pros: If you can muster 3 other friends to play with you, it can be quite fun - providing you actually get in a a game for longer than 10 seconds and can overlook the awful visuals and poor performance. Expand
  6. Jun 28, 2012
    The biggest dissappointment of the year. This was the game I was waiting for, the game I was so excited about and it turns out to be such a horrible console port. It's really just next to unbelievable how bad this is. It's riddled by bugs and coding problems, so you get errors all the time. Hilariously horrible controls and gameplay overall just sucks. There are some real major flaws inThe biggest dissappointment of the year. This was the game I was waiting for, the game I was so excited about and it turns out to be such a horrible console port. It's really just next to unbelievable how bad this is. It's riddled by bugs and coding problems, so you get errors all the time. Hilariously horrible controls and gameplay overall just sucks. There are some real major flaws in this, I wasn't expecting such a fail. Waste of money. Expand
  7. Jun 26, 2012
    I just unlocked this game via steam. The port is absolutely solid, the controls, the enhanced graphics, the audio etc. But the big hitter is the addicting gameplay. Yes, there isn't that GREAT of a story in this title, but the tactical situations you get yourself in have completely different consequences no matter how many times you try. This was just what i needed after puking my brainsI just unlocked this game via steam. The port is absolutely solid, the controls, the enhanced graphics, the audio etc. But the big hitter is the addicting gameplay. Yes, there isn't that GREAT of a story in this title, but the tactical situations you get yourself in have completely different consequences no matter how many times you try. This was just what i needed after puking my brains out over Spec Ops. Expand
  8. Jan 4, 2014
    I have always loved the Ghost Recon Series.
    but...
    My first dissapointment was that it was a third person gameplay. Had I known this before I had the chance to buy it I would have refrained from doing so. I simply hate third person gameplay (it makes it all so much more arcade-ish) When I then tried to play it, my mouse was simply not accepted by the game. Simply put, I could
    I have always loved the Ghost Recon Series.
    but...

My first dissapointment was that it was a third person gameplay.
    I simply hate third person gameplay (it makes it all so much more arcade-ish)

When I then tried to play it, my mouse was simply not accepted by the game.
    Simply put, I could not move my aim... (this was a real bug in the game)
    Then there was the problem with graphics (screen went black. resolution was all strange)
    And if that was not enough.... The whole gui (being ported from the consoles) is just terrible.
    A PC-Game should be a PC-Game, specially one that belongs to the Ghost recon series.
    Ghost Recon is not suited for arcade style gameplay!

My advice is stay as far away as you can from this game, buying it will maje you regret it.
    Configuration possibilities are less than poor and the game is ful of bugs, many of which you will experience even before actually getting to the first gameplay.

The game feels stale and monotome.

Anyway. I contacted the support about it all and they could not help me or anyone else with the same problem I was shuffled between the steam support and the game developers support)

After a few rounds and several hours of troubleshooting I decided that I had not recieved a working product and that there was no solution available so I wanted my funds returned and the game deleted from my list.

4 times I asked but I was refused.

So...
    After being so dissapointed with this malware of a game I asked steam to delete it from my games list without returning my money...
    I simply do not wish to see this game in my list to remind me of my wasted money.

I hope the developers of this game take this review to their hearts and understands that games should have warranty with refunds or quality assurances made along with the games.
  9. Aug 5, 2012
    I give it a positive 8 :)! I am playing trough the singleplayer, havent tried multiplayer. But i agree alittlebit, console port annoying :(!
    It is a good game, but it's very avarage game. It doesnt bring anything super new to the table. It is good game, it is good game, it is good game, it is good game..... That it is. But its nothing crazy. 7.5 worthy maybe. Not a great game, but buy worthy if ur not poor-like with games.
  10. Jun 27, 2012
    Another good game that was screwed up and almost unplayable for my computer.The optimization is worst even BF3 runs better with good graphics while this works at 15fps when changing to lowest settings
    Game 8/10
    Port 2/10
  11. Jun 26, 2012
    One of the worst PC ports ever. You can see clear outlines of how this game came from Xbox. Such as the insta Queue that auto matches you with players. (This is PC come on we have servers) The controls are not so bad but the graphics however on a whole new realm of disappointing I was running the game at Max settings with my AMD Radeon 6870 Graphics card and the shadows were buggy variousOne of the worst PC ports ever. You can see clear outlines of how this game came from Xbox. Such as the insta Queue that auto matches you with players. (This is PC come on we have servers) The controls are not so bad but the graphics however on a whole new realm of disappointing I was running the game at Max settings with my AMD Radeon 6870 Graphics card and the shadows were buggy various things were pixelated and if gave you few almost no graphics options. The game by default is set for 720P which is was meant to be played at on the under powered Xbox. Aside from the various graphical issues and port problems the Single player is not that bad. Its your routine game and it looks like some time was actually spent working on it. (talking game in general not pc only)One of the big down sides though is that you can't access the options menu once you start playing you have to leave you game wither its single player or muliplayer to change controls graphical options you name it. That aside the muliplayer is incredibly buggy and unstable. While this may not be permanent as it just came out I found my self joining for about 3 sec then getting a little pop up saying I have disconnected. Overall if your planing on buying this game; buy it for a console as this is not a game you want for the PC.

This game on the pc = Very poor port. Thus my rating is extremely low due to the lack of work into the PC port because as it stands now the game is just worthless.
  12. Jul 3, 2012
    While awaiting for Ghost Recon Online, I picked this game up to pass the time. After all I have played GRAW 2 and previous Tom Clancy titles all the way back to Rainbow 6 (way before Vegas) and loved them all. Five minutes in, I cannot use mouse to play because I have a game pad plugged in. 10 minutes after figuring that out I still cannot play because I have racing wheel plugged in. 30While awaiting for Ghost Recon Online, I picked this game up to pass the time. After all I have played GRAW 2 and previous Tom Clancy titles all the way back to Rainbow 6 (way before Vegas) and loved them all. Five minutes in, I cannot use mouse to play because I have a game pad plugged in. 10 minutes after figuring that out I still cannot play because I have racing wheel plugged in. 30 minutes later I still cannot play because I figure out that I have Logitech software on. About 45 minutes later I give up and began playing with my game pad, even though I prefer my mouse for this particular genres. I thought this game would pass the time until Ghost Recon Online, now after finishing first mission, I am wondering if I should uninstall, I dont even need extra space. Everything about this game is sub par. From story to game play. I didnt even try to get the multiplayer going. Even the Ubisoft game launcher is below average. I have to say I dont think I will ever even attempt to play an Xbox port game again. Way to kill a game, I mean if they made a Graw 3 with same engine but different maps and story, it would have been better. This game simply does not deliver what us gamers expected from Ghost Recon franchise. I expected ubisoft to kill the game though, lets hope they dont destroy Sam Fisher too. Expand
  13. Jun 27, 2012
    When I first bought this game, I was rather excited to jump into it. This was, however a month ago. The first issue I ran into was before the game even came out, the two week delay. I could be wrong, but I, myself, never saw a reasoning behind why Ubisoft did such. Was it to make the game a better port from console? Obviously not, this brings me to my first point.

When I fired up the

When I fired up the game, I was rather amused by the graphics at first, but then it hit me..."Wow they really just did port this from the console with no regard at all." LB for a grenatde? I'm pretty sure I have a keyboard, not a controller...This just down right pissed me off.

Another rather annoying fact I ran into is how outdated my video card is. I'm still rocking the **** M15X with a Nvidia Geforce 260M card. After turning the graphics on full low, and my res down to 1600x900 on my larger screen, I got really good FPS....until I hit particles. I feel like the GPU resources are waaaaay out of balance in this game. Some maps I get 60+FPS, others, 20. This really made it unenjoyable, and yes I know it dosen't relate to the game its self, but I feel that this is still a valid point.

Lastly the Multiplayer. While it has it's fun at times, I feel like this is just simply a Call of Duty ripoff. The only spin is the Squad Based engagements, and the third person. The XP system isn't up to tabs either, and again, feels like a CoD game. I myself, tend to stay away from CoD just based on the fact that I suck-eggs. If they awarded XP for other tasks like supresson, things like that (*cough* BF3 things *Cough*) then maybe it would appel to me more. What they did do right is how friends can join off of you, and play around. VOIP is also "nice" but annoying at times. Well there's my two cents on this game, hope I was helpful.
  14. Jun 26, 2012
    3rd person sure does make it hard to not camp as well as all of the snipers
    I sure wish I could text in game
    Nade spammers on objectives
    its like call of duty only without the fun
  15. Jun 29, 2012
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. I'm having a buyer's remorse. I'd feel a lot
    better spending my 50$ on Skyrim or some several indie titles. Worst console port I've ever played. And I'm experiencing major lag issues on certain levels. I don't even have DX 11 turned on. Diamond formation is straight up from Virtua Cop. And it's hard to find a coop match. (you need an Ubi-friend) :/
  16. Jun 29, 2012
    This has to be the worst game i have bought in recent years. This is clearly an Xbox port and after we where told that it wouldn't be i feel insulted that they done it anyway. The controls are clunky. The Graphics are not at all close to a standard PC game. Multiplayer at the moment of writing this was practically unplayable due to constantly having host migration. If this was supposed toThis has to be the worst game i have bought in recent years. This is clearly an Xbox port and after we where told that it wouldn't be i feel insulted that they done it anyway. The controls are clunky. The Graphics are not at all close to a standard PC game. Multiplayer at the moment of writing this was practically unplayable due to constantly having host migration. If this was supposed to be a Full PC game why no dedicated servers? why have the multiplayer exactly like the Xbox? if you are on the fence about buying this game i recommend you do yourself a favour and buy it for the Xbox/PS3 as that was what this game was intended for, that way when you find out how bad it is you can at least trade it back in and get something else! Expand
  17. Jul 1, 2012
    I played this game the last few days and i was very disappointed... I expected a great multiplayer experience with a huge variety of game modes. The reality is that the multiplayer is not really playable... the loss of multiplayer connection makes it impossible to finish a game. The gourilla mode seems pretty nice at first but some maps just stop working and spawn not a single unit after aI played this game the last few days and i was very disappointed... I expected a great multiplayer experience with a huge variety of game modes. The reality is that the multiplayer is not really playable... the loss of multiplayer connection makes it impossible to finish a game. The gourilla mode seems pretty nice at first but some maps just stop working and spawn not a single unit after a few waves.The coop campaign is not as great as expected but the multiplayer function works great without connection losses. Expand
  18. Jul 1, 2012
    Can't even play more than a few minutes without constant issues, crashes, mouse skipping, and a whole host of other problems. Ubisoft you really have let down your PC fans, producing such a complete piece of trash. Mouse never moves consistently, camera has issues at every corner, controls are unresponsive (in particular the mouse which simply hates being moved in motions). This gameCan't even play more than a few minutes without constant issues, crashes, mouse skipping, and a whole host of other problems. Ubisoft you really have let down your PC fans, producing such a complete piece of trash. Mouse never moves consistently, camera has issues at every corner, controls are unresponsive (in particular the mouse which simply hates being moved in motions). This game literally is one of the worst games I've ever had the misfortune of playing. Which is a real shame because it looked great in the trailers and I was really looking forward to it. Really getting tired of all the shooters moving to consoles and corrupting the best platform for the genre due to terrible ports. Wasted money, wasted time, I want to play on a PC because of the superior controls and graphical features. Instead Ubisoft throw us another locked down, buggy, unresponsive game. 0/10. Collapse
  19. Jul 4, 2012
    Fun game, a few issues with the port such as not being able to access the options menu in game. Runs great on my rig, gorgeous visuals and fun to boot. I'm enjoying myself anyway, I haven't encountered most of the issues others are reporting. 8/10
  20. Jun 29, 2012
    I got this through the post this morning and I was hyped. 'Yes, my weekends complete' I can chill out from the weeks workload and shoot up some baddies I've seen so much video footage and game play on. I know there where a couple of Day-1 patches to grab and sorted them out in no time.

That's when I guess things started sliding a little. Firstly the rolling title credits at 1FPS. But sound was fine. Maybe I had something open in the background causing this so shut everything down and did a reboot. Not a one off; Okay so I managed to get into the Menu system. Now I know I having a pretty good rig, i7 680's plenty of RAM. But every loading screen splutters and stutters before getting into the game.

Video storytelling is slight grainy guess that's the pre-recording. Not had the issue of controllers although at the time I didn't have the controller plugged in thankfully.

The gunsmith, even though I can use AWSD to move around, required me to use the Arrow keys to navigate through. Slightly off putting.

If it wasn't from the extended loading times between missions I'd stick it out a little more on this port but I've had enough. I'm willing to wait a few more patches and hopefully come back to it later but in its present state it would just leave a 'badder' impression than there already is.

I'd say if you can wait before purchasing do so. Its just a little hit and miss on being ready in its present form and that's with the delays UBIosft gave it; must of been a company holiday.
  21. Jul 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am learning to hate this game. It is a console port to PC. The blatant laziness on the part of the coders to not include the ability to skip cut scenes, for which there are MANY is unacceptable. I have to wonder if the console version suffers the same madness. You are unable to choose different missions unless you are in a certain operational theater. In other words you can't choose the very beginning of the game to try new ways to play that you've learned along the way. This goes for weapons as well. You want to try new weapons you've unlocked along the way? Too bad.
    Character control is smooth sometimes laggy at others and always when it's most important. The devs tried their hardest to make it seem like this game is not on rails but it is. You have operational freedom when you're in a designated combat area but always have to follow their lead.
    When using your "camouflage" you may never run for extended periods without losing the use of the 'camo'. However you're teammates may run, gun, dance, etc while their camo is active and stays active. Furthermore your team mates are either super heroes or idiots. Either spotting and killing adversaries before you can ever do so or standing around like idiots while you're bleeding out at their feet.
    I like the ability to choose and customize weapons. That is very cool but won't carry the game.
    It looks pretty, sounds good but that doesn't make a game. Playability and usability do. I am glad I got this game free. If you must have it wait for more patching and for it to reach the bargain bin.
  22. Jul 9, 2012
    Console port game. Full of bugs and issues. And they asked full price for it. Stay well clear of this garbage. Was really hoping for something more like the original Ghost recon and rainbow 6 games. RIP Ubisoft.
  23. Aug 18, 2012
    First of all, CBS can bite me. This is about the ninety-third time I have had to create a new logon because, somehow, my account is cancelled, password "magically" doesn't work no more, or somesuch. They'll eventually ban this one, too, but not before I get to say this: Bite me. I say that to both Ubisoft and CBS. Ubisoft ought to be hung, drawn and quartered for releasing this BLIGHT onFirst of all, CBS can bite me. This is about the ninety-third time I have had to create a new logon because, somehow, my account is cancelled, password "magically" doesn't work no more, or somesuch. They'll eventually ban this one, too, but not before I get to say this: Bite me. I say that to both Ubisoft and CBS. Ubisoft ought to be hung, drawn and quartered for releasing this BLIGHT on the Ghost Recon landscape and upon the Tom Clancy name. If Clancy weren't such a whore these days, I'm sure he'd order a drone strike on Ubisoft HQ. Perhaps the most pressing reason this game is an insult is that it's NOT what the trailers said it would be. Furthermore, it is insulting for a game that BEGAN on the damn PC: this PORT is rubbish -- welcome to the land of a thousand crashes!! Thirdly, and perhaps most indictably, it's just more of the same, teh same, the same, the same, the same, the same... Hasn't CoD raked this fecal field dry, yet? No, honestly, I can't say the last one with much experience -- my second point keeps me from really knowing what the game is much like. I bought GR in 2001 and all its successors. Now THAT was an awesome game, and despite its really old-fashioned gfx, I still play it. Stable, too. Just really tired of Ubisoft ruining game series. And really tired of Ubisoft's wiiiiiiiiiiiiide range of game quality: some really good titles with massive stability and if they were ports you'd hardly know, to games like this that are simply unplayable if you can run them for more than sixteen seconds. Anyone wanna buy a slightly used copy of GR:FS? Expand
  24. Jul 8, 2012
    With enjoyable gameplay, decent graphics, and strong co-operative potential to draw from, Ghost Recon Future Soldier should have been a fantastic game. And the console version are. Unfortunately, Ubisoft has proven once more to care very little for their PC fan base by releasing a game so riddled with bugs, that a huge portion of the player base cannot even play the game. At it's currentWith enjoyable gameplay, decent graphics, and strong co-operative potential to draw from, Ghost Recon Future Soldier should have been a fantastic game. And the console version are. Unfortunately, Ubisoft has proven once more to care very little for their PC fan base by releasing a game so riddled with bugs, that a huge portion of the player base cannot even play the game. At it's current state, GRFS should be in the late Alpha testing phases. Even now, several weeks after the games PC release, many players are unable to play the games multiplayer without being disconnected partway through their first match. The game still suffers from an issue that causes many people's games to crash on startup. And so many other issues beyond just those. Expand
  25. Jul 8, 2012
    Terrible console port makes for an absolutely terrible. No matter that it is based on an extremely successful franchise and is otherwise brilliant game, using the controls is unbearable, let alone all of the leftover icons from the x-box version and lack of real menus. This makes it so difficult to even get though the first level of the campaign without rage quitting that it makes noTerrible console port makes for an absolutely terrible. No matter that it is based on an extremely successful franchise and is otherwise brilliant game, using the controls is unbearable, let alone all of the leftover icons from the x-box version and lack of real menus. This makes it so difficult to even get though the first level of the campaign without rage quitting that it makes no difference how good the story or multi-player could possibly be. Not only is the game completely broken in near every sense of the word, but Uplay, Ubisoft's game activation and big brother protocol, is unable to connect on a perfectly good connection so often that it is hard to play the game at all. I really hope they patch the pc version with an entirely new control engine and do something about the Uplay issues, because apart from that I really would like to PLAY the game, it LOOKS fun, too bad... Expand
  26. Jul 1, 2012
    This game is fine, don't know why there is so much hate out there, either you have a crap PC or you don't know how to play. I got to say that the graphics and the cut scene videos are not that great for a 2012 game, but the game play and strategy is A+.
    Also where is that mission that was played at E3 2010? :)
  27. Jun 30, 2012
    I was worried whether to play this or send it back without opening it after reading all the negative comments. In the end, I decided to at least give it a chance and I'm glad I did. Things I like: Gunsmith, I love the gun customisation. I haven't unlocked much, but theres lots to choose from and plenty of camos to give your weapon a unique look. I was most concerned about the graphics,I was worried whether to play this or send it back without opening it after reading all the negative comments. In the end, I decided to at least give it a chance and I'm glad I did. Things I like: Gunsmith, I love the gun customisation. I haven't unlocked much, but theres lots to choose from and plenty of camos to give your weapon a unique look. I was most concerned about the graphics, but I'm pleased to say in DX11 maxed out I really quite like them. The environments are detailed, debris, graffiti on walls. The textures look crisp. I've only played the campaign so far and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Ok, so the negative. I've listened to the advice and am playing version 1.0. I've read about the disaster that is patch 1.2 and avoided it. This means I can't yet play multiplayer (so this game clearly was rushed out). The controls are ok. Clearly from a console, but I've tweaked the mouse sensitivity to my liking and remapped the scope to RMB. I struggled at first with performance. I have everything maxed in DX11 on a 4ghz 2500k and 560ti. I struggled to get a steady 60fps. However, I found that adding launcher and GR.exe to nvidia control panel and selecting AFR2 allowed me to use SLI quite successfully and now its really fluid. The single player is a bit linear and I'm not a fan of story telling anyway, so a bit more shooty and less talky would have been better for me. In conclusion, I believe if you liked R6 Vegas like you'll really like this. I love the cover system (holding shift moves you to the next context sensitive cover). I haven't experience any bugs (yet!) and haven't had any problems at all with the game so far. Expand
  28. Jul 2, 2012
    Ghost Recon Future Soldier is not Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, period. If you expect 50% of the GRAW 2 I have bad news. If you expect 50% of Modern Warfare 2 i have bad news.
    Tactics are minimum, even in elite difficulty(hard means more damage taken) flanking is unnecessary and maps are small and/or don
  29. Jul 25, 2012
    This is quite possibly the worst PC release of any game in recent memory.

This is quite possibly the worst PC release of any game in recent memory.

I thought Rocksteady's situation with Arkham City was the worst - for me anyway - when they delayed the PC version by a few weeks to add "great DirectX 11 features", just to have none of the DirectX 11 features work properly, and killing all performance when enabled, on release day. Granted, it did work fine in DX9, but still - if I wanted a DX9 game I'd have just bought it for the 360, right?

Anyway. I'm a huge Tom Clancy fan. And even though the multiple series bearing his name have drifted from the tactical delights they once were, I still enjoy them all. (Except HAWX. No one likes HAWX.)

Now, this is indeed a straight up console port. I don't mind a console port, as long as you make some little considerations for the PC. You know? Throw me a bone and I'm happy. I had a very good experience with Ubi's release of Assassin's Creed Revelations, so foolishly figured the Future Soldier release would be on par. To coin a line from another horrible release: We were so wrong. Let me say that my machine runs every game with aplomb. I have games installed, NVIDIA drivers, Chrome, and 360 controller drivers. That is all. Period. Nothing else. Number of hardware or software problems I've run into with my system: zero, ever.

Future Soldier behaves, runs, and looks like *smashed ****

Let me just rattle off some of the major grievances:

- None of the Graphics menu options save. Change something, back out of the menu, go back in, and it's reverted to default. You can actually get around this by setting every option, one by one, with a keyboard (not mouse, not 360 controller). Set an option, back out of the menu, go back in, change another option, back out, repeat ad nauseum. - If you manage to change the Graphics options to your liking, when you play the game, it'll be displayed at scaled 720p instead of whatever resolution you actually set.

- Also, on the 2nd launch of the game (after first install, or resetting all user data), the game will try to output video at 24Hz. That's right. My TV can take it of course, but it's still 24Hz. I feel sorry for folks with
  30. Jul 24, 2012
    Well, I'm giving this game a positive, because so far I was able to complete SP campaign and it was fun and interesting. Long enough even, that's rare in modern games that tends to end when you still want more to play. Gameplay is cool, shooting is satisfying, stealth is satisfying, controls are satisfying (I'm playing on PC), maps are a bit bleak and empty sometimes, but satisfying.Well, I'm giving this game a positive, because so far I was able to complete SP campaign and it was fun and interesting. Long enough even, that's rare in modern games that tends to end when you still want more to play. Gameplay is cool, shooting is satisfying, stealth is satisfying, controls are satisfying (I'm playing on PC), maps are a bit bleak and empty sometimes, but satisfying. Giving game a bad score because it has some technical issues (even though issues are devastating: I wasn't able to play MP as of yet, and it's been a month since release) is really childish. So, I've been having fun with SP, it's a solid game. But Ubisoft should be blamed for not only delaying PC release, but also for releasing untested buggy game in the end. Expand
  31. Jul 1, 2012

1. Oct 14, 2012
    Slightly irritating 3rd person view, cover shooter parts are very average, but ultimately fun as a stealth game seasoned with some tactics. [Sept 2012]
  2. Sep 16, 2012
    This shoddy console port has cast a shimmering invisible cloak over what would have been a serviceable third-person shooter. [Sept 2012, p.55]
  3. Sep 5, 2012
    At its worst, Future Soldier is an uneven experience with some unchecked boxes as they pertain to PC ports (e.g. no option to invert the controls on a gamepad) and an unrecognizable story, but at its best it's a good shooter with a little more thought required than many other 3rd person shooters available right now.