8.5

1. Jan 25, 2014
    This game combines realism, action and user-friendliness in a perfect mix. Even 13 years after its release, it has its distinct advantages over current tactical shooters. The scale and focus isn't as broad as the OFP/ArmA series, but it makes up for that with intuitive controls and squad command. Unfortunately the sequels didn't follow up on this.
  2. Jan 26, 2013
    Ok, so I go to the store to get a new PS2 game (yes, I STILL play the PS2) with my brother, and he says "hey look, a Tom Clancy game, didn't you just read a book by him?" (Just to let you guys know I'm not a big gamer.) Sure enough I pick it up and it's Tom Clancy's Ghost recon for about $3. I decide to buy it, at first, I was a little bit discouraged by the fact that it is over aOk, so I go to the store to get a new PS2 game (yes, I STILL play the PS2) with my brother, and he says "hey look, a Tom Clancy game, didn't you just read a book by him?" (Just to let you guys know I'm not a big gamer.) Sure enough I pick it up and it's Tom Clancy's Ghost recon for about $3. I decide to buy it, at first, I was a little bit discouraged by the fact that it is over a decade old, but lets just say, decade old or not, I definetly got my $3 value out of it. Ok, now If you play a lot of Call of Duty games, you may not like it, for multiple reasons.
    1. Its not just a mindless shooter, it has STRATEGY
    2. Unlike in COD, if you die you continue on as one of your squad mates, an idea that I found ingenious, fun, and it added a whole other degree of realism to the game.
    3. Picking your weapons before you go out for battle, YEAH, YOU WISH YOU COULD DO THAT IN COD!
    4. The game has almost an open world aspect, the fact that you can choose your route to advance and you aren't just restricted to a single street or alley (like you are in COD)
    5. Directing your men where you want them to go. Do you ever get the feeling when playing COD, that you just want to throw the controller at the screen when your fellow squad mate isn't doing what you want him to do or going where you want him to be?
    Now, I could go on and on about the differences, but I figure I'll stop there. Honestly, the only con I can think of is that sometimes the missions might be short, and overall the game is just dated, but don't let this stop you from buying the game, because if the PC port is just as good as the PS2's, you'll get hours of replay time and overall have lots of fun, as this is a great game.
  3. Dec 19, 2012
    This game brings back so many of my childhood memories, and this game was awesome.
  4. Oct 8, 2012
    Without going into detail, the game is good but dated. It came out several months after Operation Flashpoint and is inferior in almost every meaningful way.
  5. May 21, 2012
    THE Tactical Shooter. Takes everything that made the rainbow six & rogue spear series entertaining, and mixes it up with a bit more action, and blends together the planning and execution phase - bring up the map anytime, switch which soldier you're commanding in the middle of action, etc... __Also has two great expansion packs.
  6. Jan 2, 2011
    I recently picked this up in a Steam package deal, but I owned and completed it many years ago on multiple platforms. Ghost Recon is a wonderful game that really holds up very well; even 9 years after its release. The quick-save feature alone makes this game exceptionally gratifying. If you like fast-paced "arcadey" FPS games, stick to Call of Duty. If you like strategical, stealthy,I recently picked this up in a Steam package deal, but I owned and completed it many years ago on multiple platforms. Ghost Recon is a wonderful game that really holds up very well; even 9 years after its release. The quick-save feature alone makes this game exceptionally gratifying. If you like fast-paced "arcadey" FPS games, stick to Call of Duty. If you like strategical, stealthy, challenging, rewarding, military FPS games, this one is for you. I was immersed in every single mission presented to me and I didn't want it to end. Expand
  7. AnonymousMC
    Nov 8, 2007
    I extremely enjoyed this game. It is never frustrating and the control system is elementary and perfect .The graphics are to the point but highly immersive and actually still quite impressive. The leel design is absolutely inspirational as most of your time will be spent repeating your previous missions instead of progressing with the game to even greater levels. Each level is extremelyI extremely enjoyed this game. It is never frustrating and the control system is elementary and perfect .The graphics are to the point but highly immersive and actually still quite impressive. The leel design is absolutely inspirational as most of your time will be spent repeating your previous missions instead of progressing with the game to even greater levels. Each level is extremely immersive and equally challenging. The AI, personally is unmatchable. I believe it is far beyond Far Cry as instead of complex programmed AI, the game uses a unpredictable innovative set of enemies which means you get a different experience each time you replay the game. The multiplayer is truely unbeatable as it is so vastly customisable so that you can have a simple heated deathmatch like Quake to a frantic assualt like Battlefield to a One life last man standing like Counter Strike to a tactical Co-Op without ever downloading a mod! Speaking of mods, they're is also a great selection which are extremely easy to install. The expansion packs are like parralel games but perhaps not with the equal experience. The only thing that brings the game down is the awful draw distance. This can ruin sniping a little and multiplayer as well. My conclusion anyway is that th new Advanced Warfighter was a step backwards from the original which is quite a pity as this Ghost Recon is truely original, has a simple innovative control system while been a game that anybody can be good at if they have any gene to persevere!
    My favourite game in my huge collection by far!
  8. Chris
    Jun 18, 2007
    Great, fun and entertaining game to play especially online. Online it is sometimes unpreditable and utter chaos. Love playing it both offline and online. The only thing i have with ghost recon online is 2 things. 1 was that when running on 1.0.0.2 version the number of different game types and maps are small and the same ones are usually played over and over again, therefore is pretty Great, fun and entertaining game to play especially online. Online it is sometimes unpreditable and utter chaos. Love playing it both offline and online. The only thing i have with ghost recon online is 2 things. 1 was that when running on 1.0.0.2 version the number of different game types and maps are small and the same ones are usually played over and over again, therefore is pretty unvaried, but little play 1.0.0.2 so you pretty much have seen one person more than once. :D and the second is that when updating to 1.4 i think it is, the number of rooms available are harder to choose from which makes it annoying when finding a room. Other from that i think Ghost Recon is great to play online and i have recommended it to a friend who now loves playing it too. Expand
  9. SAMF.
    Oct 21, 2005
    Not your average shooter...Here you must think and makes you feel like its real. One shot your dead. Easy To learn hard to master and frustating if you are used to run and gun shooters. Very engaging and highly immersive with good graphics and sound.
  10. AdamR.
    Mar 27, 2003
    I have played the demo and I absoutley loved it. I am planning on getting it, but it is rated "M" so Mom probably won't let me. (She doesn't know I have the demo.)
  11. Naph
    Aug 18, 2002
    Very entertaining and difficult too, but overall its a very nice game.
  12. MarkM.
    Apr 20, 2002
    Great game that could have been perfect with better programming right out of the box. Aftermarket add-ons have made it more enjoyable. Very good replay value.
  13. ScottM.
    Mar 11, 2002
    Liked it better than Half-life, but too short.
  14. Tueur
    Jan 15, 2002
    Coucou.
  15. Jan 26, 2013
    1. Its not just a mindless shooter, it has STRATEGY

1. The missions, while varied, are wildly uneven in difficulty, and many are totally unsuited for the sort of unit that you're ostensibly commanding...It is, however, extremely good-looking, great sounding, and very entertaining.
  2. It's very hard indeed...That said, cracking a mission is an incredibly rewarding experience, and the inclusion of a 'quicksave' facility does make the process somewhat less painful.
    Ghost Recon’s in-depth gameplay closely resembles that of the previous Tom Clancy games—but it also has its faults, such as some weak A.I. pathfinding.