7.4

1. Jun 2, 2017
    The splinter cell series ended with double agent ... conviction and blacklist is a way to take more money on the name of game ... better go through the previous parts
  2. May 28, 2017
    This is not a stealth game at all. All the time is face to face in enemy because the levels designed to be that.
    Weapons in game is loud and poor. Missions are not interested. The Double Agent is old but better than Blacklist.
  3. Sep 9, 2016
    I really enjoyed Blacklist. The controls are slick and responsive. The multiplayer is slick and harkens back to the best of Pandora's Tomorrow and Chaos Theory. It was a pleasure to play online with my friends and relive the thrill of avoiding the merc flashlights. The co-op was fun too. I hope they make more in the series.
  4. Aug 9, 2016
    I'm gonna try not to compare this to the previous entries in the series and just judge it as a stand alone release in what's been a pretty good franchise. I also could care less about the new voice actor. Ironside was not used, the voice is different, and I was over it after about 2 seconds into the game.

What we have here is a solid stealth/action hybrid with a decent if not by the

What we have here is a solid stealth/action hybrid with a decent if not by the numbers Clancy style tale. The gameplay is pretty smooth although the contextual actions can aggravate at times. I want to cover behind a wall but instead Fisher jumps down and hangs from a ledge for instance. This is the problem with contextual actions that use the same button. Sometimes you'll open a door when you want flip the light switch for instance. It's annoying when it happens, but thankfully doesn't happen all too oftern

I recommend playing on a high or even the highest difficulty because this game is cake once you get used to the mechanics. Once you unlock the silenced sniper you might as well just be terminator out there, but the higher difficulties will pose a much better challenge with more reactive AI. I like how you can play your way and not be punished for it. However, going all out assault is probably the most boring way to play the game and you'll get punished on the higher diffuculties. I usually like to do mix of all 3 modes. Thin out the herd a bit until I get caught and then finish off the rest. Those damn dogs though. They'll come running at you and you need to aim quick!

I like how the game is setup with a main hub in between missions where you can do some side ops and upgrade your stuff. Talking to the different characters always fleshes out the story a bit more and all characters are interested and voiced well. Makes you want to push through to finish the story. The bad guys are an interesting bunch as well, but really it's just another group of high tech terrorists that we've seen in countless games and movies. It works though and sets up the tension well for each main mission.

This game actually reminded me a lot of MGSV, which I played before this one. The funny thing is this game came out 2 years prior, so looks like they copied a lot of the gameplay style from Blacklist. If you liked MGSV, you'll probably enjoy this too. At this point, you can get it on a discount which makes it a great bargain. Oh yeah, and MP is not bad but some of the side missions are co-op only, which is kind of infuriating if you're a sp only type of gamer. You'll miss out on a few side ops with a key character, so that kind of stinks. These types of things shouldn't be forced down your throat like that. Let me pick to play with the AI on my team at least. Overall, a pretty good game and people are just panning it because it's not like the old splinter cell games. I think it stands up well on its own, but not as good as the first 3 games which are classics.
  5. Jun 29, 2016
    très bon jeu a essaye, des graphisme au top pour son époque ,des personnage caractériels,et des fonctionnalite très bien imaginé j'ai bien aimer l'ide du "drone" qui est bien imagine
  6. Jun 10, 2016
    Good story, characters, level design, dialogue (though people tend to speak too fast - hard to follow). The overall gameplay mechanics are decent, but the game occasionally manifests itself as a console port. The main problem is with the E key, which serves too many functions and there's no way to distribute them across different buttons. Your E key interacts with objects like doors, lightGood story, characters, level design, dialogue (though people tend to speak too fast - hard to follow). The overall gameplay mechanics are decent, but the game occasionally manifests itself as a console port. The main problem is with the E key, which serves too many functions and there's no way to distribute them across different buttons. Your E key interacts with objects like doors, light switches or bodies. It's also for initiating a kill animation and picking up weapons. Now imagine a situation where you want to do one thing with this key, but coincidentally there are several animations that can be triggered. I want to go for a kill, but... NO. FISHER CLOSES A **** DOOR IN MY TARGETS FACE AND GETS HIMSELF SHOT IN THE PROCESS. In another instance I got myself into a gunfight and wanted to pick up a weapon while I was behind cover. Coincidentally there was an effing body right next to the weapon. What happens? Fisher is locked into the slow animation for picking up bodies, stands up from cover doing so, AND GETS **** SHOT. In "realism" mode this "realistic" scenario gets you killed in two shots and you have to do everything all over again.

The number of times I had to re-do a level because the game facked me over is uncountable. That impacts the rating. Otherwise it's a classic Splinter Cell experience.
  7. Apr 9, 2016
    Blacklist finally manages to blend action and stealth in a satisfying manner. The experience retains most of the cerebral aspect of the original trilogy but also gains in action and momentum. The level design is as always, the star of the show and is both varied and challenging. The optional objectives add thrill and the different mission approaches such as Panther and Ghost add aBlacklist finally manages to blend action and stealth in a satisfying manner. The experience retains most of the cerebral aspect of the original trilogy but also gains in action and momentum. The level design is as always, the star of the show and is both varied and challenging. The optional objectives add thrill and the different mission approaches such as Panther and Ghost add a satisfying level of incentive and reward.
    Gadgets and character customization are both fun and mechanically relevant. The production value is as good as ever and the visual presentation is good. That said, it is unfortunate that the game lost so much of its flair and sense of style; The minimalist, noir/Clancy ambiance was sacrificed in exchange for a cheap B television drama look and feel. The replacement of Micheal Ironside from the cast, straight-up destroyed the character of Sam Fisher and all the charisma that went with it. Black list is a good game, it is a competent game, but in some fundamental way, it is not the Splinter cell we all come to know and love.
  8. Feb 10, 2016
    DO NOT buy this game.. useless game with enemies detecting you very easily and missions dont save and after an hour of progress, you wil be needed to start from beginnning even if a cctv spots u.

Oh and ubisoft support SUCKS big time. no replies to my queries of game not starting with old outdated uplay app!!!

RIDICULOUS>
  9. Dec 12, 2015
    Gameplay : 9
    Graphics : 10
    Story : 9
    Sound : 10
    Overall : 9
  10. Sep 26, 2015
    Unless you make ALL the missions have a solo version instead of forcing co-op vomit down our throats your game deserves a zero. Scrotalplayer is for a minority, cater to the majority, the single player.
  11. Sep 6, 2015
    this game is so good infiltration action game. i always feel good tense in while gaming. i want to play the other this game series. the only bad thing of this game is the volume. volume is a little small
  12. Sep 2, 2015
    Superbe jeu, immersif et qui n'a rien à envier à son concurrent MGS : The Phantom Pain.

2 ans plus tard, Splinter Cell est toujours autant parfait !
  13. Jul 11, 2015
    Splinter cell blacklist has a generic story with a generic bad guy with a very generic motivation. It also doesn't help the game that it is running on a dying engine that has started showing its age in certain departments. Particularly the facial animations. The game is also very short when compared to other splinter cell games. The games also includes triggered events which force you toSplinter cell blacklist has a generic story with a generic bad guy with a very generic motivation. It also doesn't help the game that it is running on a dying engine that has started showing its age in certain departments. Particularly the facial animations. The game is also very short when compared to other splinter cell games. The games also includes triggered events which force you to get into a fight you may not want to. Blacklist has also removed interrogations. It would of been nice to have the good old fashioned interrogations from chaos theory heck even the conviction interrogations would of been a nice touch. And Michael Ironside not being in the game is a bummer.

But the game has a superb cover system, brings back the classic spies vs mercs multiplayer (Arguably the best multiplayer component for a game EVER) and also brings back multiple pathways to take during a mission (Still not as many as chaos theory though). Sam also moves more fluidly and has plenty of gadgets to his disposal. There are also multiple playstyles to choose from. The enemies are also varied, unique and rather clever. The game also just has this 'charm' to it.
  14. May 8, 2015
    Splinter Cell Blacklist is a beautiful game to watch. The way its protagonist moves, leaps, climbs and performs hand-to-hand takedowns are all spectacular. It can also be a very frustrating game to play. With it's immense difficulty and the scourge of stealth insta-fails, you will retry, and retry, and retry... And yet I couldn't stop playing.
    Blacklist rarely rewards your creativity.
    Blacklist rarely rewards your creativity. There is a carefully orchestrated choreography going on in every map; the way enemy patrols are spawned, the routes they take, etc, leaves you to figure out where the programmers wanted you to go, what order they wanted you to do things in. If anything goes wrong, you will fail, with no mid-mission checkpoints in non-story missions. And you will retry, and retry, and retry.
    In those missions without insta-fails, you will often find yourself in a hard spot if you've been discovered. Enemies will rush to the spot you were last seen in with a speed that would make Barry Allen jealous. Here you will have to improvise, and "go Hollywood". And this are some of the most tense, engaging, and frustrating moments in the game. You have the arsenal to take on an army. But the controls feel as crisp as those of a truck. You have to engage or disengage cover if you want to move freely. Press F for the thermal vision, Alt to tag a target, Ctrl to execute, long press Tab to access the gadget wheel,etc. It's all just too much in the heat of battle. You will fail, and you will retry, and retry, and retry.
    To sum up, here's what I liked about this game:
    -Impressive arsenal of gadgets.
    -Enemy A.I. is some of the best I've seen.
    -Animations are brilliant, wide assortment of lethal and non-lethal takedowns.
    -Stalking enemies and taking them down in stealth is satisfying and a lot of fun.
    -The system that moves you from cover to cover is an effective tool.
    Here's what I hated:
    -Clunky and fiddly controls that are functional while in stealth, but tremendously frustrating in the heat of combat.
    -Stealth insta-fails and High Value Target missions are excruciating, based on trial and error.
    -Having to wrestle with the camera while in heavy combat, specially after a takedown.
    -Random bugs like enemies instantly knowing my position when one of my mines goes off in the other side of the map.
    -Bulletproof elements in the environment (like a bulletproof ficus).
    -Shooting from high cover, like a balcony, is horrible. First you have to aim, then look down, THEN you can peek over the ledge, otherwise your view is almost completely obstructed.
    In conclusion:
    There is a lot to like here, but a heavy price tag to get to it, paid in frustration and exasperation at having to retry missions over and over (and over).
  15. Mar 17, 2015
    I have played(and really enjoyed) all Splinter Cell games, and I love this game. Alot of hardcore fans of the old games do not seem to like the two newest games, but I really like them. The gameplay is very flexible, many routes and generally different ways to complete missions. If you like doing things the stealthy way, go for it, if you like a more direct and aggressive approach you canI have played(and really enjoyed) all Splinter Cell games, and I love this game. Alot of hardcore fans of the old games do not seem to like the two newest games, but I really like them. The gameplay is very flexible, many routes and generally different ways to complete missions. If you like doing things the stealthy way, go for it, if you like a more direct and aggressive approach you can do this as well. Completing a level in a 100% stealth style is much more challenging and rewarding than it was in the old games imo, and this is because the game is much more dynamic than the old ones. In the old games the levels were designed for the player to be able to get around undetected, although it certainly was challenging at times, it was more linear. In Blacklist, managing to get undetected through an area swarming with enemies, where the obvious choice might be to gun them down, is really challenging and rewarding.

Recommend to play at a high difficulty, but that should be a given.
  16. Mar 10, 2015
    First splinter cell i ever played. Very good controls, fantastic graphics, solid AI. I think that the difficulty level may be a little too high for some players but overall it was a very pleasant experience. I think this is one of the best stealth games I ever played and surely one of the best 2013 games.
  17. Mar 5, 2015
    SHORT VERSION:
    Underneath the many small flaws and irritations, SplinterCell:Blacklist is still "ok" in the end, and sometimes even enjoyable. I can recommend it at the sale price.
    LONG VERSION (WITH SOME RANTING): Sorry, but I will have to go against consensus and say this is no better than SplinterCell:Conviction, which was average in my opinion. The intro video is great, but the
    SHORT VERSION:

LONG VERSION (WITH SOME RANTING):
    The intro video is great, but the rest of the game does not hold up quite as well.

As with the last game, the campaign story is decent - very much like a typical hollywood action movie, and most enjoyable if you don't try to think too hard.
    Gameplay mechanics are ok - fairly solid and very conventional. There are the typical minor issues and inconsistencies, but nothing too bad. As usual you observe the predefined enemy patrols, and sneak past when a gap inevitably appears. If you follow this rule successfully, you are never forced to improvise (unless its scripted). Level design is still too tight and linear, offering no real freedom in how to approach an objective, but this is normal for mainstream console games. I do miss the greater freedom of movement games like IGI 2, Stalker, and ARMA offer though, when you are infiltrating enemy positions. At least the visual detail in some areas was quite good. There is also the usual over emphasis on cover in the level design. Whether you are sneaking or shooting, you will spend most of your time glued to cover and pressing a key to dash to the next conveniently placed cover object. I can put up with this, but it gets repetitive quickly - the market is already saturated with cover based shooters.

Sam's new voice actor and model are less likeable. He used to be mature, calm, witty and cynical, but now he comes across like a smug jerk. And they made him younger and heavier - he looks like a steroid-pumped rip-off Commander Shepherd from Mass Effect. He also looks angry all the time and delivers so many lame pep-talk statements with a cold suave voice.
    The setup of Sam's new team is less believable - A small group of super elite ex-teens with total freedom, subject to absolutely no bureaucracy, with "license to kill", who report directly to the US president? come on! Also, the depiction of technology is so full of BS, even by SplinterCell standards, that it is immersion breaking. The computer interface the protagonists use looks more like gibberish alien tech from Starwars than something from real life. It seems the devs tried too hard to impress gamers who they assume are just as dull-minded and tech illiterate as them. Some events in the story are so utterly laughable that I cannot resist analyzing an example here (MINOR SPOILER WARNING):
    In the singleplayer story, the team's huge transport plane loses power in-flight. To "lose weight" and slow the loss of altitude, the team dumps a helicopter out of the loading bay. Facepalm. (And I'm not even describing the stupid way they get it out the door) Assuming a weight of 350 tons for the aircraft (a loaded Antonov-124), and a weight of 4 tons for the helicopter (AS565 Panther), that small loss of weight is not going to help much, and opening the loading door would induce massive additional drag, causing greater loss of altitude. Why not jetisson most of the fuel? Military aircraft often have systems to do that. (An Antonov-124 can hold up to 200 tons of fuel, up to half the entire weight of the aircraft) But I guess that would not have been "dramatic" enough. Most video games lack plausibility to varying extents, but Blacklist is one of the worst offenders.

The control scheme has been changed since last game, and for the worse. Who thought binding “Use”, "Open/Smash Door", “Climb/Vault” and “Move to next cover” all to 1 button was a good idea? (you cannot change this). This is not a game breaking flaw, but is it really asking too much to let us use separate buttons for everything on our 100+ key controllers (aka keyboards). Controls feel a bit sluggish and sometimes even unresponsive. The 3rd person camera feels wrong - too much randomly changing perspective and mouse sensitivity. Night vision is near useless, might as well turn up gamma on my monitor. Alt-tab no longer works (at least not for me in Dx11). I did not have many of these problems in SplinterCell:Conviction.

As for multiplayer: "The Splinter Cell Blacklist service is not available. Please try again later."

I also notice this game series is feeling more and more like an Assassins Creed or FarCry3 clone. It seems Ubisoft is trying to be a bit too efficient with pooling development resources between it's studios, and as a result all their games feel very similar. Its not a big problem, and not necessarily a bad thing (copying the best features across all your games).

Overall this is by no means a 'bad game'. None of the flaws are game breaking, and if you can live with all the irritations I mentioned, you will probably enjoy it. Otherwise, you should put Ubisoft, Uplay, and this game on your blacklist.
  18. Jan 3, 2015
    This game suffered from early bugs which resulted in rather low scores. Now after more then year since its release the game runs very solid without any visible bugs or crashes. I had steam steam version of the game, though all versions run through UBI Soft play domain. In my opinion this is one of the best Splinter Cell releases. Graphics is great. The game mechanics follows theThis game suffered from early bugs which resulted in rather low scores. Now after more then year since its release the game runs very solid without any visible bugs or crashes. I had steam steam version of the game, though all versions run through UBI Soft play domain. In my opinion this is one of the best Splinter Cell releases. Graphics is great. The game mechanics follows the traditional SC movement and interaction commands. Missions are challenging enough and can be solved using multiple approaches with solely using stealth to combination of stealth and offensive play. What is different from other SC releases, Blacklist maps have various layers which allow player more freedoms to finish the map using different paths. Also different from previous SC releases, this one offers additional SP maps, which are not part of campaign but also fun to play. They are initiated by talking to Fisher's crew. One negative aspect that I find with this release is somewhat water downed stealth action. Aside from few instances, most maps can be solved easily by brute force, or shooting the way through. This is common issue with stealth games, as most players finds it boring to sneak around without eliminating enemies, so game devs are forced to implement the maps with this in mind. I have not tried MP so I will skip it for this review.
    The game runs on Steam for under 5 buck. If you have not tried it yet, do t by all means.
  19. Jan 3, 2015
    I wasn't sure if I should get this game, because Ubisoft, but it was for sale and I ended up enjoying it. The missions are fun, gameplay is great and it's simply good entertainment. It's great that you can play the game however you want (sneak or assault), that adds a lot of replay value.

If you rush the story, you won't have all the nice equipment by the end, because you lack credits to unlock it. I suggest you play sidemissions, coop and multiplayer until you have the right equipment for the story, because it's even more fun with access to the good weapons and gadgets.
  20. Dec 2, 2014
    The story is good, I cant blame Tom Clancy's books. But Ubisoft made a bad console port to pc, leaving the optimization with too much to do, so the game crashes and is annoying very often.
  21. Nov 7, 2014
    I LIKED this game and I'm not a big fan of shooters that have little strategy. I found the side missions were interesting but too few and I don't play coop or multiplayer so I couldn't experience those missions. But the solo missions were challenging enough. The main mission was interesting, and it took a while to figure out the tactics. You do need a pretty good gaming computer to avoidI LIKED this game and I'm not a big fan of shooters that have little strategy. I found the side missions were interesting but too few and I don't play coop or multiplayer so I couldn't experience those missions. But the solo missions were challenging enough. The main mission was interesting, and it took a while to figure out the tactics. You do need a pretty good gaming computer to avoid issues, and I would highly recommend this game to those who like a combination of stealth and strength. Expand
  22. Sep 12, 2014
    Massive shame. As a fan of the original titles I was awfully put off by the opening and first level gameplay offered by blacklist. Though impressed by the quality of its production I can't stand to see the standard set by this series drift this far from stealth simulation. Missing the tongue in cheek humour of fisher, multi vision mode, sound detection ai and just the calm realisticMassive shame. As a fan of the original titles I was awfully put off by the opening and first level gameplay offered by blacklist. Though impressed by the quality of its production I can't stand to see the standard set by this series drift this far from stealth simulation. Missing the tongue in cheek humour of fisher, multi vision mode, sound detection ai and just the calm realistic professionalism of the characters and slow-er-than-tv-show pace helped create tense and complex gameplay scenarios that splintered an early audience and earned new fans at the time of the original 2002 xbox release.

On top of this expect strange, inhuman movement animations and mechanics that betray the original entirely replacing the concept of moving slowly like a spider preying in the darkness transform here to what feels like a rabid snake flailing from cover to cover snapping at it's ai crippled victims. Actually stopped playing after 40 mins as NOTHING felt stealthy anymore. I guess its open market on who can create the best stealth/spy simulator looks like kojima has reclaimed that title for now.
  23. Sep 4, 2014
    A disappointing game for sure... It's sad that the last couple of games were both big letdowns. This game is lacking on many aspects. I just feel they have gone downhill after Conviction with Chaos Theory being the last good one and at this point I don't think any future Splinter Cell game will top that. Definitely not worth the time. Nothing that will make you really like it
  24. Sep 2, 2014
    I like how Splinter Cell is goingback to the roots here. I hope Blacklist was only the beginning, this franchise got a lot of potential and is massive underrated. Go ahead Ubisoft!
  25. Aug 30, 2014
    I cannot get over how awful this game is. This isn't Splinter Cell. This is a cover-based action shooter with some very light stealth thrown in, and a big chunky helping of modern Ubisoft everything-and-the-kitchen-sink design smattered on top.

Sam Fisher has been turned into Commander Shepard. Why do I need to buy upgrades for my ship, which now serves as a hub to access levels from? And why can I now purchase radar and regenerating health boosts? Was the core Splinter Cell gameplay not interesting enough by itself that you had to add a shallow progression system on top of it that effectively allows you to cheat?

Why was Michael Ironside omitted from the game when he is the most important part of Sam Fisher? There is zero charm in the game now. The dialog and cutscenes are dull and the writing is not much better. Sam sounds like a bland 30-year-old now, yet he's supposed to be in his late 50's. And why can old fart Sam climb, run, jump, and attack 10 times faster than he ever could before? Can Viagra do all that?

By the time I reached the Call of Duty-esque on-rails-grainy-camera-shooter sequence I wanted to barf. Why did Ubisoft feel the need to cater to this crowd? Splinter Cell fans never asked for this. Aside from Conviction, which was far better than Blacklist, the franchise has always been about slow, methodical stealth gameplay. Stealth first, action second. You can't even stealth-open doors in Blacklist--you just throw open every one of them like the James Bond wannabee **** you are.

The music is awful as well, taking a little too much inspiration from Battlefield 3's jarring static fest of a soundtrack. Graphically, it's technically impressive, but artistically bland. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty tired of going to Iraq and Afghanistan in my games. Are there not hundreds of other interesting countries one could create a story around?

We've seen it in Hitman: Absolution. We've seen it in Thief 2014. We've even seen it in Deus Ex: Human Revolution: the dumbing down of games to appeal to a "wider audience". Sometimes it works and we get to see a franchise change directions gracefully, but this time they've gone so far from Splinter Cell's roots that it does not feel like a Splinter Cell game. It just doesn't.
  26. Aug 24, 2014
    This is more or less a Splinter Cell Double Agent with the style of SC Conviction, nothing more. Some spots (some=very few) felt exactly like Chaos Theory but it was just not enough. The game feels like a normal blockbuster, and ubisoft added all these features about unlocking equipment, upgrading and buying stuff with money you earn by doing the mission in a certain way and doing stupidThis is more or less a Splinter Cell Double Agent with the style of SC Conviction, nothing more. Some spots (some=very few) felt exactly like Chaos Theory but it was just not enough. The game feels like a normal blockbuster, and ubisoft added all these features about unlocking equipment, upgrading and buying stuff with money you earn by doing the mission in a certain way and doing stupid soulless side missions and so on....

Well, I did not like it and I am a huge fan of Sam Fisher. It is ok, it feels like Splinter Cell but it is still the rotten Splinter Cell we carry on since Double Agent. Buy it very cheap if you really miss some stealth action but be warned, it does not differ so much from the latest Splinter Cell games. The atmosphere is just not there. Repetitive missions, and not enough communicative.

27. Aug 18, 2014
    Don't waste your time or your money that's all I have to say..........................................................................................
  28. Aug 15, 2014
    Suddenly a great game! Can be a long story than she is so good. Just give you a couple of things from the pros - great optimization! (I did not expect this) and support windows xp - but for me it is very important. The actual gameplay is noticeably better. The plot of the average. There is a full localization - the game is very happy. 9/10
  29. Aug 14, 2014
    Splinter cell: Blacklist is a mediocre game in the franchise but by far was the most anticipated because it brings all the stuff that was new in Conviction, but builds it all into one full fluid gameplay experience. Sadly this made the game too different and it didn't feel like a splinter cell game at all, but just another action game that incorporated stealth in some areas to compete withSplinter cell: Blacklist is a mediocre game in the franchise but by far was the most anticipated because it brings all the stuff that was new in Conviction, but builds it all into one full fluid gameplay experience. Sadly this made the game too different and it didn't feel like a splinter cell game at all, but just another action game that incorporated stealth in some areas to compete with the SC series. Many problems for the PC version made it annoying to play but I felt like I had to because I needed to continue through the SC franchise even though this one was a bit of a disappointment but not so bad that it was a bad game. It still is great just doesn't feel like a SC game which is why I think this game still deserves a positive score. Expand
  30. Aug 2, 2014
    Potentially great game completely ruined by one single poor design decision: Not allowing Player to save whenever. Having to replay from checkpoint over and over again led to some very very frustrating game play . After a while I felt like just run and gun (which worked great), just to finish the game. It wasn't worth my time trying stealth approach over and over again and fail becausePotentially great game completely ruined by one single poor design decision: Not allowing Player to save whenever. Having to replay from checkpoint over and over again led to some very very frustrating game play . After a while I felt like just run and gun (which worked great), just to finish the game. It wasn't worth my time trying stealth approach over and over again and fail because Sim fails to act as I want.

Lots of gadgets but felt useless because AGAIN it's not worth the time to experiment with gadgets, screw up and having to restart from checkpoint.

Another problem that downplays stealth is that Sam Fisher moves so slow when moving a body. It's entirely not worth hiding body because AGAIN if you are spotted, you are sure to be shot to death before you can put the body down and back to checkpoint again. And you will be spotted very very often on harder levels.

1. Jan 22, 2014
    With Conviction, the Splinter Cell series seemed to be veering off course, but Blacklist thankfully grabs the wheel and gets it back on track.
  2. Dec 12, 2013
    Splinter Cell Blacklist is one of the better entries in the long lived spy-saga. It offers great gameplay choices and sneaking is heavily rewarded. On top of that the multiplayer is also confidently crafted. The one thing lacking is the banal story with flat characterization that hinders Splinter Cell Blacklist from reaching any narrative high points.
  3. PC PowerPlay
    Sep 25, 2013
    Though it lacks the subdued intelligence of Chaos Theory, there's still some cracking good sneaking to be had. [Oct 2013, p.92]