4.9

1. Jul 11, 2012
    Good action game, but bad stealth game and very bad Splinter Cell. In most missions, enemies are hidden in cover waiting for you. It's more a third person tactical shooter.
  2. Apr 18, 2011
    The problem is that Conviction has no idea of what kind of game it wants to be. The stealth elements are really fun but every so often the developers forgot they were making a stealth game and it devolves into a dull third rate shooter. The White House level is simply appalling. The stealth element which is what has always set the Splinter Cell series apart is completely abandoned in favor of a huge frontal assault and fending off waves of enemies. Honestly I'd rate the game higher if it wasn't a splinter cell game but it suffers so much by comparison to its predecessors that it's hard to see it as anything other than a complete waste of time and money. Expand
  3. Aug 17, 2010
    This is by far the most atrocious, disgusting piece of garbage I have ever played. Based on the massive gap between critic reviews and the user scores I am now convenced that Ubisoft buys ratings. In fact this game is so bad I will likely never buy another ubisoft. First off this game was rushed because they had a good final product and then had it all thrown out because they thought it was too much like Assassins' Creed. So then they started over and rushed this garbage game out. To start, my brother and I both finished this entire game in one few hour sitting, each in the same day on the hardest difficulty. That's right. This game is good for about 4 hours of entertainment on the toughest difficulty. The gameplay has turned fisher from a modern day ninja into a Jason Borne on crack. The normally slow moving and strategic stealth is replaced by movements and animations that are so unbelievably fast that they are comical at times.The engine is dumbed down compared to the previous installments. Despite being labeled a stealth game you cannot move bodies.. bodies still alert the guards regardless. And even though there are less stealth abilities compared to the last game, they've upped the penalty for being spotted on some missions. If you are so much as spotted in some levels the game ends. The only kind of people that this game should appeal to is people that have never touched a controller in their life. The massive ad campaign was the only thing that saved the sales on this monstrous garbage. 30% of the ubisoft forum crowd canceled their preorders after just playing the demo. I could write a six page essay on all the things wrong with this game, but I'd rather not. Hopefully I've saved people some money with this. I would only get this game if it dropped down to about ten dollars. Then I could get it for my friend who is horrible at games so she can feel like she can accomplish something on game nights. Expand
  4. Mar 21, 2011
    What can I say about this game? It's just another generic shooter with some idiot in Ubisoft thinking it would have been great idea to hold down button for cover!
    What other shooter does that? None! Why? It's stupid, annoying and hurts your thumb.
    Plot is just generic and characters are between badly written and generic.
    Also this is supposed to be a stealth game, are you kidding me?!
    There's only one silent SMG and 3 pistols to choose from and pistols have infinitive ammo, more accurate and enemies are so weak that they can be killed very quickly with them so no point of getting other SMG's and Assault Rifles.
    I'm going to give them credit for trying something new but they failed at execution and they should have done in new game, not in franchise that is suppose to be about stealth! And what's the point of being stealthy if you have to kill everyone you meet?!
  5. Nov 12, 2011
    I don't know for other consoles, but at least for the PC, "Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction" sucks balls. The graphics look great and fantastic IF you have a super computer. Otherwise it's going to lag as much as your computer when resuming youtube. The controls are terrible (i don't know what they based it off of...) and it's too repetitive and difficult even in easy mode. But the real problem is, like MikeM said, there is literally NO online support. Seriously? A **** single player campaign for 60 bucks? Is it really worth it? You get to decide. Expand
  6. Jun 26, 2011
    Splinter Cell: Modern warfare 2
    Basically took a steaming dump over fans of the series. You know how people always say "don't fix what isn't broken?" well the developers have apparently never heard that phrase before because, well they tried to "fix" it by removing everything good about splinter cell. Yes I mad
  7. Jan 3, 2012
    It isn't another Chaos Theory -- but that's a good thing. SC:C goes in completely different direction. Sam is darker and more violent. His weapons and equipment have been upgraded. The cover system has been updated and works as good as any I've seen. The stealth system has been updated as well. Instead of watching a stealth meter, the game turns black and white when Sam is invisible. It works surprisingly well. There are usually multiple paths through each mission/level. The main story is challenging and will provide hours of gameplay. The cream of SC:Conviction is Denied Ops. It has three game modes -- Hunter, Infiltration, and Last Stand -- playable on five unique and challenging maps. Hunter requires you to move through the maps killing bad guys. If you are seen, the bad guys call in reinforcements. Infiltration requires you to move through the maps killing bad guys. If you are seen, the alarm sounds and the game ends. I haven't played Last Stand so cannot speak about it.

Infiltration and Hunter when played on "Realistic" turn into multi-hour experiences as you try to isolate and kill bad guys one by one. Enemy AI is tough, will flank you, and is fast on the trigger. Also, there are motion-sensitive cameras and infrared lasers to deal with.

There is a co-op mode that I have yet to try. Supposedly, you and your partner play as two agents (one from Third Echelon and one from a Russian agency). You two work your way through five or six maps with your own co-op storyline. It sounds good and there are plenty of youtube videos of co-op gameplay.

This game is a steal at $20. Denied Ops alone is worth the $20. Make sure you get the "Insurgency DLC" too. It comes with four more maps for Denied Ops -- San Francisco, Salt Lake City, New Orleans, and Portland, OR. San Fran is a shipyard/cargoyard, Salt Lake City is a mysterious industrial office. New Orleans is a graveyard - -where you fight above ground and in tunnels underground! Portland is an old prison. I've logged easily 200-250hrs in SC:Conviction playing the main storyline and Denied Ops. It's a boatload of fun that will challenge most PC gamers. Highly recommend.

PS: Note that SC:Conviction talks to some Ubisoft servers during startup and possibly during gameplay. It was a hassle sorting things out but once it was working, it did not interfere with gameplay.
  8. Aug 19, 2010
    I think the game was absolutely awesome! The graphics were excellent, the AI was quite challenging, and the story was also pretty good, although not that immersive.

I loved the mark and execute mechanic, and the way the screen fades to black&white when you are invisible.

Would have like a little more freedom of movement throughout the levels, and more weapon upgrades would have been
    nice.

Overall it's a very good addition to the Splinter Cell series.
  9. May 12, 2011
    SC-Conviction is disappointing. From what I have seen, the only thing that improved in this game are the character's visuals, certain graphics, objects and environments, and certain physics, among a few other things too... Not sure why(because I have a good PC system) but the sound cuts in-out and the video pauses frequently during level loading... However, SC-Conviction's overall game play is just 'mindless' and nearly automated for 'dummies', (what happened to the Free-Interaction and Total-user-control? )... and what is up with the fake illuminated projections on the walls that 'help' you to a destination(objective), such as: "Climb" or "Reach Window", or the infinite ammo... (those just aren't appealing features in a game)... Seriously, if you need to be shown exactly where to go and exactly what to do in a game, or if you need infinite ammo, etc., then your real game skills naturally STINK! ... (and it just takes out the fun and realism from the game). UBI seemed to design this game for dummy-gamers who don't have enough patience or real skills to play such a game. It's not a 'Realistic' or 'Stealthy' game, as an example: I opened a door(it made a loud enough noise) and the people were right there looking toward me but still talking to each other, yet they did not react to what I was doing in the doorway(about 7 feet away), WTF!?.. I mean come on, that is NOT realistic stealth-based interaction, and it happens too often... Also the obstruction-programmers didn't do such a good job because even though a door was completely closed the enemy's 'ghost' gun was slightly sticking out, though it was shooting at me, LOL! .... The Controls(movements) are not that steady or precise compared to other games, and it's not as easy to approach(align) to certain objects (user-character movements really stink!!), and not only that, but you're only able to jump in certain pre-programmed hot-spots, seriously WTF happened to Splinter Cell!? The designers/programmers are wrong for making and allowing this game to be this way... Also, the required online registration/log-in is total crap (thanks to all of the poor-bastard rip-off software-pirates for making it a big hassle for all of us!!)... anyway, if you Really Like the game play (surreptitiousness) of SC-Chaos Theory, you'll probably DISLIKE SC-Conviction. Overall, it's an OK game, but it's not great and it could of and should of been much better. Expand
  10. Feb 18, 2011
    First off, to those who are so paranoid with publishers and how they protect their content you might not like SCC due to Ubisoft requiring constant internet access, but as people keep pirating games this will only get worse.

But if you can get past this and focus on the actual game created by the developers and at least enjoyed the plot from the previous game (Double Agent) then you may
    or may not enjoy this addition alot more. The story begins with a nice little kick start that doesn't take you into a 10-20 min tutorial without any shooting and killing, and off you go down Ubisoft's continued plot left off from Double Agent, sneaking or blasting through the levels as you travel deeper into the rabbit hole.

The game mechanics have changed a fair amount allowing for more fluid transitions that make you feel as though you are controling a real person rather than a T-700 that looks like a person, giving you a more fufilling feeling as you continue to go around executing your enemy from the shadows in new fashions. Ubisoft made a delightful change, in my opinion, on how you go about the levels, whether you choose to shotty people out in the light while breaching a room or silently moving unseen using the shadows and structures to your advantage. There are certain parts where they force you to be open about your killer presence, but it does fit with the situation Sam would currently be in and forces players to be ready to change tactics if such an event occurs.

If it wasn't for the connection problems and high improbability of ever finding someone waiting for matchmaker to work at the same exact time as you then the multiplayer would be great. Though I really must say that I still prefer Chaos Theory's multiplayer I do like the switch from vs. to more of a coop that doesn't fry peoples nerves and cause people to throw dirty accuasations back and forth. Speaking of coop, the coop for SCC is well done and is a great addition to the single player storyline, which is actually a sequel to the coop. I think the greatest thing SCC coop did was build each players' love for the two characters, Archer and Kestrel, and in the end put a sad twist which only heightened your disgust for the antagonists from the singleplayer.

Overall I think it is a great, proactive addition to the SC series that provides a fresh new way to play while also retaining a majority of the original gameplay that makes SC so much fun to play. If you can get past the DRM and not be hypercritical of the additions then you'll see that Ubisoft has done a really nice job with SCC considering the delays to its release.
  11. Jul 1, 2013
    This game is the product of development hell, so I'm being generous by giving the game merely a four.
    Splinter Cell: Conviction is broken. Guards are damn near deaf and have absolutely no peripheral vision, the level design is linear with hardly any open ended areas, it simplifies the ability to hide in darkness, Sonar Goggles serve as a wall-hack, and Mark & Execute is the most
    condescending in-game aid in any video game ever.
    Overall, it's the worst game in the series. Even worse than Double Agent, which was only sub-par.
  12. Jul 28, 2011
    My experience is with the PC version, which was terrible for several reasons:
    - Co Op over LAN is broken. I never got this to work. Seems to be an issue on the Ubisoft forums.
    - The DRM on this thing is a nightmare. You cannot play offline. As soon as your internet connection is lost the whole game stops and instantly breaks any sort of immersion that you had. - The game feels poorly
    optimized. On a 2.8 Ghz quadcore with 8GB of RAM and a watercooled Nvidea 9800 GTX this game became very choppy.
    - Controlling Sam was incredibly rigid for me, like Sam was some sort of rusty robot.

+ The music on the otherhand was great, including the sound effects.

Do not buy this game. If you are a big fan then just get it somewhere else if you know what I mean.
  13. Sep 21, 2011
    The requirement of a permanent Internet connection makes it impossible to enjoy this game for those of us living in places without reliable or stable broadband.
  14. Oct 18, 2011
    Zero! Complete and utter destruction of a great franchise. I absolutely loved the first three games, but this piece of crap is just painful to play. They turned this awesome stealth action game into a third person shooter. Sam Fisher is now the new Prince of Persia. Despite being in his mid to late forties he moves around like the previously mentioned Prince, grabbing a ledge with his fingertims ans running across walls. STAY AWAY if you liked the previous installments. Expand
  15. Dec 31, 2011
    The newest addition to the Splinter Cell series, features a lot of changes, which in my opinion are welcome.

Sam Fisher, now retired from the Third Echelon finds himself working without US support, trusting only friends and wanted by the government, he must fight on against this conspiracy and prove himself innocent.

Story mode is quite long and fun, you will be visiting alot of
    different environments, and using different tactics, some times you must rush, pursue or kill enemies, sometimes you need to go stealth without alerting them, using a variety of equipments and gadgets, the game offers a unique weapon system, where his primary weapon is a pistol, and all others are secondaries, handguns are always equipped.

Co-Op mode offers story and arcade style elimination, and its fun to play with friends, developing different tactics and approaches.

Graphics are very good, a high-end gaming rig is recommended, Sounds immerses you in, and the soundtrack helps keeping the focus on.
  16. Mar 24, 2013
    v.bad game. its like game dev goal was to piss player on every step. you buy game on steam and it launches uplay why not origin and games for windows too? 10 unskippable intros and of course "press any key screen"... coz its important! long animated menu to waste more time. finally, loading checkpoint. select your weapons from stash... fail at stealth... reload checkpoint... wtf$@@ select your weapons again... and repeat to drive you mad. and again unskippable animations after which you will probably fail and must watch them again. input of pc terrible since game is made with pads in mind. clunky mechanics and terrible level design. interrogations are recruiting tool for Guantanamo Bay. iv only liked executions mechanic. Expand
  17. pok
    Jun 16, 2012
    This game is awful. I absolutely loved the first three games, but this piece of crap is just painful to play. Complete and utter destruction of a great franchise.They turned this awesome stealth action game into a third person shooter. Sam Fisher is now the new Prince of Persia.
  18. Aug 29, 2013
    Master piece of crap in the series of Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell. Infiltrating in a narrow environment fully spawned with enemies, while you need to kill some guys before you can attempt a stealth kill, but at the same time you lack the ability to drag dead bodies, is the best summary for what this crap is. You just end up to clean up everything alive blocking your path. So, can this still be regarded as a stealth game, especially the one from the series of Splinter Cell? Expand
  19. Aug 25, 2010
    I liked it. I have been a fan of every Splinter Cell game, and have replayed them all recently in preparation for Conviction. They are all similar, but increasingly different with each release, and that is what makes moving from one to the next so intriguing. One of my complaints is not with the game but my choice to play on my 8 year old Dell Dimension. Even though I have a newer decent graphics card, and lots of memory, it got sluggish on my system when there was lots of objects in play. I am interested to play on a dedicated console, but I will not fault the game for my choice of aged hardware.

I am bugged by some of the negative comments and I guess I have not experienced any of the concerns of these people. I had no problem with Digital Rights Management or the consistency of my Internet connection, I had no concerns about the plot (um its a GAME, not a blockbuster movie). Sure it could have been better, but I also find joy in playing Backgammon, which has no plot at all.

As far as those talking about lacking the Stealth feeling, I disagree. I think it was quite a bit harder to maintain stealth in then game. I found that the AI actually were more aware of your presence, and having to choose better times to sneak through a room, or jump out of sight was much more narrow than in previous versions. This is a GOOD thing.

I will say that GI magazine had a good comment that referenced the Chatty Kathy enemy, their presence was more akin to "Dr. Evil's Henchmen". This is true. They did annoy me quite a bit. It just gave me more reason to quickly dispatch them and move on.

I cannot comment on co-op play. I am not a co-op fan. I like th single player only, so I can lend no review to the co-op side of things.

I was not as pleased with the Ops portion of the game, it was more like just doing Stealth training in different situations. Not bad, just not extraordinary. I wish they could have put more development into a long Sam story and leave the Ops out completely.

I hope this is truly not the end of the Splinter Cell series. I think it could be taken much further.
  20. Oct 3, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is not a a SC game. It is an action game, with a strong focus on shooting. Most of the moves you could do are gone, instead replaced by better shooting. And shooting was never supposed to be SC's strong point. There is less stealth (including a entire mission which is nothing but shooting), you are always detected, so the game is basically focused on using the new last known position indicator to play cat and mouse. A lot of the game play also revolves around silently killing one enemy so you can use the new mark and execute feature to kill everyone. By taking out core SC elements, Ubisoft has created a mediocre game. They screwed up Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, and now Splinter Cell. The whole plot is also weak, based off of (Spoilers) Sam killing Lambert to maintain cover in Double Agent. Something I doubt he would do, and carries over with Sam's daughter actually being alive and used to keep Sam going. Sarah dying in Double Agent was stupid anyway. At least the technical side is decent. Expand
  21. Jun 25, 2011
    Well, It was a fun game, yes, it is very different from the previous splinter cell games. But it is still fun, it no longer puts as much emphasis on stealth as the previous games, and has none of the espionage of double agent, but it is great for running around , moving from place to place like a ghost, feeling like a bad ass. not worth 60 bucks, but for the 20 something it is now, consider giving it a try. Expand
  22. Dec 24, 2010
    Cheeky on how a lot of the user ratings here are negative due solely to the DRM scheme Ubisoft has, not the game itself. If you don't have a 24/7 internet connection in this day and age... Anyway, the game itself is pretty darn fun. The campaign itself is a bit short, but the game offers many other things to pass your time; Deniable ops, essentially a campaign in of itself, albeit the lack of dialogue and cut-scenes, offers many white knuckle moments that test your skills. Co-op offers another plus for this game, sneaking through guards with a buddy, making a competition of it sometimes. Expand
  23. Dec 17, 2011
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction is one of the best sequels in the Splinter Cell series at all. Innovations as Last Known Position system and Mark and Execute feature are just great and fun to play. Ubisoft team did really an excellent job in AI with the Unreal engine and the atmosphere and locations are just breathtaking.
  24. Jul 20, 2012
    What could have been a great game is ruined by stiff mechanics and poor controls. For example, if you are crouched next to an enemy and press the melee key, nothing happens. You just sit there like an idiot. You have to press the crouch key first to stand yourself up and THEN press the melee key. This alone will cause you to fail more missions than anything else, because it will throw off your timing. Another great example is the contextual "use" key. If you're standing next to a climbable ledge and there is a weapon on the ground that you want to pick up, you have to sit there for two minutes and rotate the camera just right until the weapon is highlighted instead of the ledge. It is very disappointing how poorly Splinter Cell: Conviction was executed, because it obvious has enormous potential. Expand
  25. Sep 18, 2011
    I don't get it. I always hated the Splinter Cell games with passion. Since my only previous contact with the stealth genre came from Metal Gear, I was happy to hear about a series focused on more realistic and gear . But the first game didn't impress me, since countless times i couldn't do a teorical perfect strategy. Only 1 possible solution for each screen, so the game became a puzzle and lost it's touch. Since then, I came back in contact to the series in 2011, with Chaos Theory, since Double Agent was terrible on the PC port. Again, disappointment. This time, I always have the feeling I didn't do exactly what was expected from me, and then, I need to restart the level. Since I never got the feeling of doing something right, the game lost it's touch. One time the game hangup and I never touched the game again. Then I get Conviction. the narrative is not generic, this time it's personal, and for the first time, the story got me (and I don't even know anything about any of the characters). The action is great, just enough action, preventing the game to become boring and just enough stealth to keep you on your toes. The execution technique makes things easier, but far from easy, since it's not always so easy doing a melee kill to earn it. The only negative is the DRM, i had to uninstall the launcher, because it came from other Ubisoft game and only after uninstalling and re-installing again it let me launch the game, but it's still a 10 to me. Maybe this game disappointed the series fans, but if you, like me, never got into Sam Fisher's mind, do yourself a favor, ignore this score and get this game now. Expand
  26. Jan 13, 2012
    If they don't move back to the game elements from the first game and Chaos Theory this game series is doomed to dies. I don't like the quality of this console port.
  27. Jan 30, 2013
    A complete betrayal to the very genre that its own series has once shaped. The game is more of encouraging you to kill everyone than do any sort of stealth. A stupid decision by Ubisoft to appeal to the COD masses.
  28. Aug 24, 2013
    Pros:Vic
    Cons:everything! lame story, lamest i ever saw in my life...Turned out to be sarah fisher is alive...

he best part of this game when we needed to play as VIc and find the captured sam fisher that was amazing place and music.The first Beta game when sam would be a homless man, and he could fight hand to hand combat,merge with the big crowed places hide from police and NSA and
    took revenge on 3rd echelon revenge sarah fisher dead and etc things... that game concept would be 10 times interesting and better than this f**k s**t final release. Expand
  29. Oct 10, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ubisoft didn't fail to amaze with this release, as they did with all of their games for the past 8 years. Tell me, can you imagine a game that is awesome AND awful at the same time? Maybe Ubisoft went to some special lessions, but they constantly create such games. It's not Splinter Cell as i played it (by being as stealthy as possible). You can't even play like that Expand
  30. Jan 5, 2012
    The story and graphics are really amazing. I don't have any problem with any lag or glitches and the controls are fine to me, quite similar to the previous Splinter Cells. The one problem I do understand is that is is indeed a little over-priced. I got the whole series for $33 so im not complaining.
  31. Jul 23, 2011
    There are a lot of things wrong with this game. But overall it was good, i liked the storyline and graphics. A couple of flaws that really got on my nerves are when bullets go OUTSIDE of your crosshair, If your going to put a crosshair in a game that shows where your bullets might travel, at least have that accurate, i can't tell you how many times i have had the entire crosshair on someones head and then miss by a mile... Expand
  32. Aug 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In general a good but generic game if you weren't coming in with any expectations. However Splinter Cell has built a reputation as being an excellent stealth shooter and its hard to even put this one in that category. Some of the core mechanics of the game were updated and improved but others were diminished or left out entirely and the writing was utterly unconvincing.
    On the mechanics side they added one of the better cover systems where you can pinpoint exactly where you want Sam to dart to and in what direction. They also removed the light meter in favor of fading the screen to black and white when you are concealed. Another nice touch which was added is a a circle with a broad arrow which appears on the screen when you catch an enemies attention. The arrow points in the direction of the enemy and narrows as their attention focuses on you. Once they realize it is a hostile the arrow changes from white to red. Finally when you take out an enemy with your hands you enable one use of the execution mechanic. This allows you to mark 2-4 enemies (depending on the weapon you are welding) and hit one button to take them all out in rapid succession. The cover system worked very well for the most part except for the minor annoyance created by the fact that roll and cover are the same button. Sometimes in a tense situation you right click to roll away from someone when too close to a wall and Sam will take cover instead. Both the light and attention system changes are useful and intuitive. The execution system was entertaining but diminished the need for stealth.
    Unfortunately, that is not the only way in which stealth suffered in this game. Ubisoft may have thought the mechanics above were enough to give players the ability to play the game using stealth and guile but for the most part they were mistaken due to the fact other more critical stealth mechanics were removed. The first omission is the lack of a save function, quick or otherwise. It is replaced with checkpoints. I'm an older gamer who remembers a time when this was the norm but it was still a shock to not have it here especially in what should have been a stealth shooter. You get used to it however the checkpoint system strongly favors quick aggressive action so that when you fail to reach the next checkpoint you only wasted 1 or 2 minutes instead of 10 or 20. Next your pistol now has unlimited ammo which means there is no reason not to spray fire with it if you can't get close enough to stealth kill or if someone notices you. This also places a strong bias on aggressive action. Who is going to take 2 minutes sneaking up on or around a guy when you can just go straight at him and empty 5 rounds into his chest in 10 seconds. Next picking up anything is completely removed. That means no bricks or cans for distraction but more importantly it means no moving bodies to cover your tracks. This makes some sense though because a dead body is simply a trap for any enemies who see it. They run straight up and stand there for 10 to 15 seconds begging you to shoot them from cover 5 ft away at which point they are added to the body trap. Removing the body would just be a waste of time once again. Finally they removed all of Sams non-lethal skills. There are no locks to pick and no gun terminals to hack. Not only does this remove stealth options forcing the player into run and gun tactics but it also removes some variety and the potential to enrich the story through reading emails as Splinter Cell normally allows.
    This leads me to the story and the writing. I'm not saying the writing and plot of the other Splinter Cells were literature of the highest order but they were entertaining and coherent. In this one 3rd Echelon somehow becomes a terrorist organization in the 3 year period since the last game ended. The writers try to patch that massive plot hole by saying that a mole in the organization became leader of it upon Lambert's death and that the president was going to shut the program down and they thought that made America too vulnerable. So basically they are saying the highly trained, highly selective organization Fisher was in turned into a cult of personality in 3 yrs after a sudden change of leadership. That or the entire staff somehow felt the US was so threatened by 3rd Echelon potentially closing that they felt the means of EMPing all of DC and killing the president were justified by the end of keeping 3rd Echelon open.....for the safety of America. The writers pretty much just ran the entire Splinter Cell story line off the rails with this one.
    After everything is said and done this game on its own is around average. The mechanics they had were polished and entertaining which balances out the poor writing. However, when you put it into the context of the stealth shooter Splinter Cell series is as a very disappointing turn for the franchise. The neutering of the stealth element is really disappointing.
  33. Jul 30, 2011
    Looks fantastic and lots of fun, utilizes the Unreal engine to great effect, has clearly polarized fans of the older games by adopting a different gameplay style to previous Splinter Cell titles though, DRM pisses people off no end but I haven't had any problems with it yet, box art warns that a permanent internet connection is required to play the game. Only drawback is the single player mode is incredibly short, I must've finished my first playthrough in 6-7 hours. Expand
  34. Dec 28, 2011
    Review about actually game (not about DRM or anything like that): I was pleasantly surprised at this game. I picked up for $5 at this years Steam holiday sale and played the single player campaign over two days. It probably took me about 8-10 hours. Yeah, it's short, but it's a pretty tight, character-driven narrative. It starts out with the Red Dead Redemption style "government people are screwing you over by forcing you to do stuff for them by withholding info on your family" type scenario, but unlike Red Dead Redemption, they actually keep feeding you enough information to make it not seem like they're stretching the premise. I've also heard that the co-op missions, and some of the other game modes add a bunch more hours of gameplay too, but I haven't tried them. But yeah, if you're just interested in single player campaign and story, this was definitely worth playing. Yes, it was short, but the narrative was tight and fairly emotionally gripping and it never (to me) felt like the premise was being stretched too thin. And, plus, it's fairly easy to get a copy of it for $10-$15, so... :P

Side note: the main theme song is absolutely gorgeous! ^_^
  35. Feb 16, 2012
    This game is pretty awful. It's terribly short and I have no idea why Sam Fisher is in this game or why the Splinter Cell title is on the box. This is nothing like ANY of the splinter cell games and is severely restricting with much fewer features. You can't move bodies, the animations are hilariously bad and overall this game has the feel that it was put together by a bunch of apes that have never heard of video games before. Avoid at all costs. Expand
  36. Mar 15, 2012
    Over a year later and I'm still coming back to play Deniable Ops. That alone is a testament to how much I have enjoyed this game. Splinter Cell took a dip in quality during Double Agent's time, but it has come back stronger than ever.

The movement mechanics for climbing and sneaking your way all over the environments is smooth, snappy and a joy to use. Add in the satisfying 'mark and
    execute', and you have a fresh new fast paced stealth experience.

The single player may, in the end, be forgettable. However, the Deniable Ops mode offers a near limitless re-playability. If only even more maps had been released, I'd still be buying them up left and right. Here's hoping the next Splinter Cell is just as great, if not even better.
  37. Mar 17, 2012
    If you are one of those who loves the real stealth, this one will disappoint you, so don't pay for it. But if you just want to have a fun for a while. Go ahead. its nice, i enjoy the multiplayer game. But as always I think that Ubi should improve its games before to critic PC.
    Unless in PC. the MP mode has lots of bugs, problems to connect even with friends. and is difficult playing
    something like THIS in difficult conditions.. Expand
  38. Dec 22, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Though the PC version of this is clearly a port, complete with confusing controls and lag, the story is fun and the co-op adds extra time to it, making this game a good game with its only downfalls being the fact that it is a port. The graphics up close are great, but once you look beyond the foreground you have static skies, pixelated graphics (for some reason the game won't let me play it at my laptop's maximum resolution), and 2D buildings. Stealth isn't as key as it was in the other Splinter Cell entries, with the exception of co-op and one mission, if you get detected you can still survive. There are even several missions where stealth isn't even really neccessary, theres a flashback sequence in Iraq where you play as a one man army, numerous survival missions and apparently the top of the range enemy agents have the same sonic goggles that you aquire that let them see people through walls, so with them its sort of gestured at by the game that you don't need stealth. But personally, the lack of stealth suits me fine. Being a fan of Tom Clancy though, I did notice some things that contradicted against the books. In The Teeth of the Tiger, I clearly remember Jack Ryan junior being in an exercise where he has been told not to put his sidearm to his cheek action movie style. However, as Sam Fisher in Splinter Cell Conviction, that is the animation that you do when you get in cover. They were trained in different places but if one secret black ops complex thinks a simple thing is stupid why would the other do just that? Personally this just shows that the name Tom Clancy is just there for marketing, and nothing more. Expand
  39. Jan 19, 2013
    thankfully the harsh drm was removed (now its a one-time activation through uPlay) but that won't save a game that removes features that made splinter cell great. you cannot hide bodies anymore, sam seems totally against stealth. the cover system is pretty great and the game is pretty. the story is pretty decent too with a creative ending sequence. but the online co-op doesnt work without MASSIVE hassle. you have to manually open ports, that means looking at your exact make and model for your router, finding your internal ip address, logging into your router's website (which you usually need to make another account for) and generally scouring forums for hours. it is a pain, and after beating the single player game in 8 hours, there was only about 1 hour of which gave me the feeling of being sam when i got the sonar goggles. if it's on sale for less than 10 dollars and you don't mind a massive shift in gameplay, you may find the story worth checking out, otherwise this was a very bad direction for a very good series to go. here's hoping that blacklist doesn't drop the ball as hard. Expand
  40. Mar 25, 2012
    I just finished the single player campaign for SCC and I have to say that this is one the best games I've played in long time. Some context - I picked this up on Steam for $20.00, so my view of it will probably be different than some who paid full price, but frankly if I had a 360 or a PC that could run it when it was released I would have gladly paid 60.00 for it. Wow, what a great game. The plot is excellent, the levels have just the right difficulty, and the single player campaign is just the right length. It's true that this is not the same Splinter Cell that came out nine years ago, but I very much like what it's become and I had a great time. If I could fault this game, it would be the following; heavy-handed DRM; wow, what were they thinking? The DRM didn't affect my experience, but requiring a persistent connection is a bad call. Also, the cut scenes should have all been rendered in real time. It's a bit jarring to go from awesome, crisp Unreal engine graphics to lower res cut scene footage. Beyond that, this is a AAA title. I don't think we're going to get many hot releases in gaming this year, so it's a good time to go through the Steam collection and do some bargain hunting. This is a good game to get and the price is definitely right. Expand
  41. Nov 26, 2011
    Splinter Cell Conviction is a really great game! The controls are great, the story is great, the graphics are great. Its only sad that the campaign is so short!
  42. Apr 6, 2012
    I loved the new direction of this game. The game's new stealth bothered me at first until about half way through the game and I gave into it. Once I started reacting to the enemies and used the enviroment it was a blast to play on Realistic mode and see what interesting way's I could tackle each map.

I would highly recommend playing on Realistic.

Stealth game are my favorite and this one
    really surprised me. As a skeptic I was won over by this deadly, reactive Sam Fisher. Expand
  43. Jul 22, 2012
    Worthy of more than a 4 score, however I do understand the disappointment. The game is different from the other splinter cell- You are no longer a "company man", but you are still being played and overall the storyline doesn't feel much different. The center of this game is sam fisher, not thrid echelon. Gadgets, Weapons, Items, are all replaced and you only have sam, who is now more dangerous than ever because of is rage and... Whatever. The story is not really intresting, (Maybe you will like it, Presonally I no longer consider Dead people coming back to life a twist). Sadly, the game has been simplified. The tag and execute system pretty much means that if you kill one guy in melee you can automaticly kill 2 or 4 more with gun, which is wierd idea that put some action in the game while damaging the gameplay in my opinion. no more dark or light metter- the game turns black and white when you are in shaldow. This annoyed me at first but now I think its better. Instead of the optic cable you have a broken mirror you took from a car- Works just the same, how come sam havent thought of that before/ You have portable EMP that stun everyone but you and X-vision that show you whats behind the wall but thats pretty much all that is new. The cover system works fine, but controls are sometimes annoying- too few buttons actually being used. The co-op is the best thing about this game, but if you dont have partner for it don't count on the matchmaking to find suitable one for you. All in all its a decent game that I suggest to buy if it costs 7$-2$ Expand
  44. May 25, 2012
    i bought this game very cheap recently only to find out that i cant even play single player because of some server error.but i am giving it a 9 you know why?because i have managed to play offline now by cracking it.i will never buy a game again from any company having always on requirement to play even single player.fuk games like simscity and diablo 3
  45. Jun 6, 2012
    The campaign is short but, there is a mode called Denied Ops which is very addicting and you could play hours of it. I'm a fan of the splinter cell series so I like it. To me campaign is worth at least 4 playthroughs before it gets a little old. It's very fun to play, complete challenges, and try to be as stealthy as possible. The only downside is you must have internet access to play the game, so if your internet is down, you can't play. In my opinion it's worth the 60$ but I would suggest getting the deluxe version, it adds a new mode in denied ops which is really fun, it also gives you the scar-h for a new weapon. Overall its a very good game, and worth the buy. I'm giving it a 9/10 because needing to have internet access at all times sucks. Expand
  46. Feb 1, 2013
    A decent, solid, nice stealth game. Although by no means a Chaos Theory, if you stop thinking of it as a Splinter Cell game and just another stealth game, it's fun to play. Sadly, the PC version is an obvious console port, with amazingly clunky controls and lack of refined graphics. Although the gameplay makes up for it somewhat, it does not by any means remedy this problem. That's why I gave it a non negative, and yet non positive review. If only it had been optimized better for PC it would have gotten at least an 8. Expand
  47. Feb 14, 2013
    A really good game, that you can play with a TPS or a stealth approach, and potentially this is very funny.
    But there is a big problem. The Ubisoft DRM makes this game unplayable! The Uplay Cloud Sync for SC:C is bugged from years, forums are plenty of complaints from users... but the problem remains and Ubisoft doesn't care about it.
    5 is an average between 8 (the game) and 2 (uplay)
  48. Mar 25, 2013
    its good but yes but to short just to short you where finisht so soon.
    not much gadgets and not even good wons.
    the graphics are retarded bad.
    bad strory line.
    and to the multiplayer is short and bad not fun and just boring.
    than you gat some outher mode and that is just 1-2 hours fun and than its over.
  49. Dec 14, 2013
    Just awful. The game is solely focused on action and gun play and not on stealth. This would be okay if the guns felt good and the action was exciting but it just isn't. On my computer the game looks awful (even with the settings all the way up) and the game frequently freezes for a few seconds which makes combat damn near impossible. If you are after a stealth game, go play the first Splinter Cell cause this one doesn't do the series justice. Expand
  50. Jul 21, 2012
    I loved the story set in Washington, DC. The gameplay is unique. It's not a straight up shooter; there's a heavy emphasis on stealth and marking and executing, which I enjoyed. Another thing that makes the gameplay great is the fact that there are multiple ways to approach each mission. It's brilliant honestly. Unfortunately the game runs like **** and comes with Ubisoft's stupid DRM. But the DRM doesn't run all the time, it just runs with and closes with the game. You need a very powerful machine to run this game at a decent framerate, which doesn't really make sense considering the graphics aren't anything special. I wanted to score it higher, but because of the optimization issues, 8/10. Expand
  51. Apr 25, 2012
    put simply, I love espionage games, while conviction is a lot different to the original splinter cell games but that isn't a bad thing, what is bad is that you need a internet connection even to play single player. **** stupid in my opinion as this leaves some people unable to play the game at all. the game itself had a couple of issues with the controls that I found but overall the gameplay was very fun.

For those complaining about multiplayer, yes that is where most games are going, but it ruins the storyline in most cases when you get people who play the game to death and know every little detail, or cry when they fail leaving myself and I'm sure many other gamers fairly angry not to mention the lack of stealth compared to others.

The reason for my 9/10? Ignoring the fact that a lot has been pissed on with this game its still a hell of a lot of fun with a fairly solid platform meaning less focusing on spotting bugs like guns won't reload properly or some b.s. like that and more focusing on immersing yourself into the story
  52. Jul 6, 2012
    What's everyone complaining about? Yeah, so they sped the game up with the changes, they had to, the other's were snooze fests. I love the changes, accept the mark and execute - it's cheating, plain and simple, should be an option to turn it off. DRM is also a turn off. Logging into ubisoft to play?, REALLY? DRM and the cheating - mark and execute feature are the only thing stopping me from giving it a 10. Expand
  53. Dec 15, 2011
    A major letdown if you compare it to Chaos Theory, but definitely an improvement on the atrocity that was Double Agent. Conviction (either unfortunately or fortunately, depending on your take) decides to stray from the stealth-based aspect that made the original splinter cell so amazing and go in a more action-driven direction. It's not a bad game, in the least, but it is different, and somewhat difficult to get used to. But once you get over that hurdle, you start to see that it really is a great game. The story's pretty interesting (and told in a sort of Dan Brown, ending>present fashion), and the shooting works well. The Mark and Execute feature (which I was a bit skeptical about, at first) is surprisingly fun and very well implemented. The Last Known Position feature is a perfect addition for a Splinter Cell game, but it's arguable that it may make the stealth aspect a bit dumbed down and unappealing. The action is fast paced and has you thinking on your toes, and, thanks to the new stealth system, is easy to integrate with your sneaking abilities. A few things continuously nag me about this game, however. First of all, the sound aspect is almost completely wiped out. So long as Fisher is walking or crouched, enemies never seem to hear him. Secondly, the stealth system is very black-and-white (no pun intended). Rather than having the normal feature where your level of stealth is dependent on how much light is shining on you, apparently, in Conviction, you're either bright as a search light or dark as pitch. So long as your screen is black and white, an enemy isn't likely to see you, even if your bated breath is passing feverishly across their neck. Finally, perhaps my biggest peeve of this game is Sam's age. From the original all the way up to Double Agent, Sam's always taken it somewhat slow and professional. He had acrobatic skills and upper-body strength, sure, but he wasn't superhuman. Now in Conviction, despite his old age and emotional breakdowns (of which he's had quite a few), he seems as ripe and ready as a spring chicken. Scaling walls is now a breeze and he moves faster than he ever had in his previous years. Overall, the game is wonderfully entertaining, but compared to its predecessors, Conviction just doesn't live up to the Splinter Cell name. Expand
  54. May 15, 2012
    I'm not a fan of the earlier splinter cell games for PC. I tried them (after buying them at a deep discount on Steam) but didn't care for the clunky controls or the tedious gameplay. Conviction on the other hand is really fun to play. As others have mentioned, the single player campaign does go by pretty quickly. There's some replayability if you ratchet up the difficulty and try to work through the levels without being detected. The inability to skip through some of the "story telling" bits on subsequent plays does get annoying.

The Deniable Ops pack gives the casual action gamer a nice variety of missions that you can play through in 10-30 minutes depending on how you want to play them (run & gun vs. stealth). These are highly replayable as you can experiment with a variety of tactics and approaches to each level. Given that I bought this game years after it's release, I haven't played much multi-player. Seems like it would be fun over a LAN though.

For the next release, I'd love to see a few improvements. While you can use the "human shield" feature to grab someone, pull them into the shadows, and dump their body somewhere it won't be noticed, it's pretty clear that the feature wasn't designed with that scenario in mind. It would also be nice to have ways of disabling lights without shooting them (cutting wires, unplugging lamps, etc.). It would also be nice to be able to do knife take downs instead of always using your primary weapon. It would also be nice to incorporate some other close quarters combat options. I'd also like to see the "realistic" mode be a little more realistic :). You can discharge a silenced weapon in the same room as an enemy and they won't respond. I do love the interactivity of the environments. There's a level with a grandfather clock you hear ticking as you creep by. Vaulting, cat-like over a desk can disturb objects on top of it. Vaulting over a chain link fence produces the appropriate sounds. And, contrary to some of the other reviewers, I found the controls (with practice) to be extremely fluid - much more so than any other game of this type I've played. I would like to see even more interactivity in the sequel: running through puddles, climbing onto objects, etc. should produce the appropriate sounds.
  55. Jul 20, 2012
    I bought this game at a Steam sale... wow... what a blast, worth every dime ! Very satisfying stealth and shooting action, good cover mechanics, decent graphics, with good AI. There are lots of options to play different modes, including multiplayer, it offers much more than a simple campaign so lots of replay value.

I play this on PC with a joystick, and I haven't had so much fun since
    Goldeneye on the N64 and Crysis 1. Expand
  56. Aug 6, 2012
    4+/5 (Very good) So... I take it you guys did NOT have fun playing this game. Such a shame, because I've had a wonderful time playing it. You like stealth based games? Buy this.
  57. Oct 30, 2013
    It's alright, but I must say I found the story rather tedious and not overly interesting, plus it all takes place in obscure parts of the US with the exception of the very beginning. It places more emphasis on a COD approach to taking down your enemies, which I didn't mind per se but it didn't really give me the feel of being an agent. Worth it if you want to spend a few hours taking out bad guys and it's on sale but overall a fairly enjoyable but ultimately forgettable experience. Expand
  58. Jul 19, 2013
    splinter cell conviction is a good action stealth game. i didnt play any of the previous title so i will judge it only by what it is on its own. the story is really cool!! its told great and you care about it. the stealth is good, though you cant move bodies. the game also shows you backround stories and notes on walls, which is really cool. the game has a lot of action in it. some of the levels give you a lot of options to get to your objective. climbing is also really easy and the cover system is good. in the game when your in the dark the screen goes black and white. while its a good idea, it gets a bit annoying. the graphics are a bit dated, but theyre still good. the cutscenes are great and cool. the game has few annoying sections, like defending an objective or getting into an ambush, and theres a mission where the game mechanics dont fit, but overall its great. the singleplayer is a bit short, but theres also co-op, which is really good.
    overall this is a great game that is recomended for everyone. its not a hardcore stealth game, but it a great game!!! even if you dont always like stealth games you should try this. buy it!!!!!!!
  59. Sep 22, 2013
    After finishing this game, I thought I had bought the wrong one, because it felt NOTHING like the original Splinter Cell games. It shouldn't even be TITLED as a Splinter Cell game! It pretty much drives you into starting massive shoot-outs. Only later I found out I could partially stealth through the game, which was kind of fun, but got frustrating every time I found out the good quick-saving system was replaced by a debilitated checkpoint system. It eventually drove me into doing both strategies, which I didn't like as the mixed gameplay was not pleasurable at all to me. I tried to figure out why the hell it turned into an action shooter, and I found out. The new director Maxime Béland came in and brought a bag of horse**** with him. I don't know what was wrong with this guy's life beforehand, as it seems he must've been a hopeless drunk or junkie, feeling that the "black-and-white" effect when you're in the dark reminds him of his early artwork or something like that... Well, what he did is fix what wasn't even broken in the first place and ended up making it a disappointment. The story for the game was good, to be honest, it fit with the past games, which I appreciate.
    One thing that I felt is that this game was produced by 12-year old because of the most idiotic and immature dialogue of enemies I've ever heard in my life of playing games. The endless amounts of hearing A-hole and the F-word pretty much make up 90% of the dialogue. It isn't even funny after the first few missions. I can understand the thugs in the game would say something like that, but even the goddamn Third Echelon soldiers say it, making it unrealistic and turning it into an immature joke. Ubisoft really shifted from a nice game company into a an evil group of greedy game developers who care only about getting customers' money and care none for the fans of the older games. The fact that Michael Ironside still voiced the game is why I give it a rating of 2. Well done, Ubisoft, you've really shape-shifted into a despicable little greedy imp.
  60. Nov 9, 2013
    My only complaint would be: IT'S JUST TOO DAMN DIFFICULT. I lost interest after the first two scenes. I don't like 'walk-in-a-park' type of games, but this one is rather annoying. I love the 'Chaos Theory' and 'Pandora', but this comes across as slightly less innovative right off the bet. One more thing jump key is also a grab key, use key, interact key, take cover key and what not key. I hate the controls. I will most certainly give it another go, but for now neutral rating from me. Sorry my English isn't any better. Expand
  61. Feb 4, 2014
    Its a good gamefffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
  62. Apr 16, 2013
    Splinter Cell Conviction is definately not a stealth game but it's no doubt a fun action game with a stealth mechanic. Here's hoping it's sequel will be more like Chaos Theory
  63. Dec 3, 2012
    First off, if you think it's a good game but don't like the constant connection, then don't give it a low score. It defeats the purpose of this site. Now my review. It was a fun game, I enjoyed it. BUT, I do hope we see a comeback of some of the core elements in the next one. I get what they were doing here, as they put all their effort into developing new gameplay mechanics. But, they need to bring back: Light meter, body dragging, the knife (silent takedowns with a pistol seem not so silent), the hanging neck snap, whistle, can/object throwing for distractions, etc. If they brought these in while keeping the current changes, it would be a great game. Oh and we played through the co-op on realistic, it was incredibly difficult. The AI is much smarter in this game, and they use their flashlights much more effectively than previous games. -The Kvlt Kitty Expand
  64. Jan 13, 2013
    This game deserved more from me than Splinter Cell Double Agent did. Look, this game has a lot more to it. The graphics are much better, the third person camera adds clarity to everything, and they added more fun to it. The game modes are the best, the campaign, the co-op, and the deniable ops mode. I would rather play this than any other Splinter Cell game. I can also compare this to Hitman: Blood Money, they are nearly the same thing. Shimmying across small ledges, climbing through windows, stealth killing people, the whole nine yards. The fact is, Conviction is better than Double Agent. But, I would not say Conviction is BETTER than Hitman: Blood Money. Hitman had the entire package, where as Conviction does not have as much as it should. I think Conviction is underrated, and it needs to be brought up to a more suitable score. For now, I am going to somewhat recommend this game, but not highly. If you're looking for a REAL and GOOD "stealthy" game, buy Hitman: Blood Money before you waste your money on a Splinter Cell game that you might not like. Expand
  65. Oct 23, 2013
    [6.3] It's too easy to get lost in this game, and not in a good way. You might spend hours trying to figure out one level, and the game doesn't complement strategy and ingenuity. It only rewards what seems to be spy puzzle solving.
  66. Feb 10, 2013
    story- the overall story involves the return of Sam Fisher to save the world or America in a takeover by the agency he used to work for and at the same time figure out who to trust. gameplay- the game runs pretty smooth throughout. you can go with stealth approach or guns blazing. it would have been nice if they added a dialogue option in the game, similar to that of 'Alpha Protocol'. I think that would have made the game more replayable and interesting. controls are similar to tomb raider, prince of persia games where you climb walls, etc. but this game you can be more tactical and shoot out lights and stuff.

video- the graphics are pretty good. as long as gameplay is good.

audio- music is solid and effects are great, helps to have surround sound.

overall- the game could definitely be better but its not all that bad. in my honest opinion, i feel that the older ones were much better. solid game overall, just not as good as the previous ones and left me wanting a bit more than was given.
  67. Sep 12, 2013
    i played some of the previous splinter cell games and i never brought myself to finish them i didn't like them at all but this one due to its fast paced gameplay stealth parts and amazing gadgets this is simply the perfect splinter cell for me
  68. Jan 28, 2014
    After playing through the mediocrity of Splinter Cell: Blacklist, it was refreshing to go back and play through this one again. In my opinion this is truly the best Splinter Cell game in the series. It has an engrossing and engaging storyline, brutal combat and most importantly it has Michael Ironside! I am truly hoping that Ubisoft will listen to some of the fan opinions and continue to mold the future Splinter Cell titles in the style of Conviction. Expand
  69. Jul 5, 2013
    The graphics is certainly among the PROs for this game (the performance however is not), other than that, it's sort of boring, it's short, it's story telling tedium (that's right TEDIUM) is just that. Talk about originality... What's with with all the cheesy "interrogation-something-went-wrong-recollection" story telling modes? It's always easy to write and almost always looks good and passes for being realistic but isn't it a bit too badly overused?

Anyways, it gets a 7 for awesome graphics and well-implemented and varied combat mechanics. Everything else is meh
  70. Apr 13, 2014
    A great game that concludes one of my favorite series. While I understand why people dislike it, I adored it from start to finish. It's all about Sam in the end, and the gameplay change definitely fits it in that regard. The man has had enough and is at his peak physically and mentally. He simply doesn't care anymore and wants it all behind him. Micheal Ironside gives his best performance yet, and with some really great level and sound design (Amon Tobin never ceases to amaze), it's quite memorable in parts. The coop is also brilliant and incredibly fun with a friend.

It isn't nearly as stealthy as its predecessors, but that doesn't mean there isn't any stealth, and it's by far a 'very bad Splinter Cell game'. Playing Chaos Theory, Double Agent and Conviction back to back is an absolutely solid video game experience. Don't miss it.
  71. Aug 31, 2013
    Well, I had the chance to try out the game. Excellent cinematic atmosphere and excellent graphics. But, unfortunately, missed the game dropped objects, whistling and quite a few moves. Instead of the usual platform-smelling, I press the button, and hide everything behind
  72. Sep 5, 2013
    The game does kind of lack stealth but it's still fun. I really enjoyed the new cover system,the story,gameplay,graphics, and on top of all the mark & execute feature. It's not a bad game but it could have been better.
  73. Nov 20, 2013
    Despite the fact I've played Splinter Cell games before; Conviction is the first which I have managed to finish! Now having completed it I'm very much inclined to work my way through the other titles! The stealth over gun blazing approach has always made a very interesting concept for a game and I personally find it very refreshing! There’s something much more exciting about the game when you’re hiding in the shadows plotting you next move to make the kill! The game looks great, plays well and provides a lot of entertainment! I can’t compare it too previous entries too much as I don’t have a great deal of experience but it’s certainly a great title! Expand

1. Conviction appeals to a whole new crowd that grew up on creating distractions, using every single gadget in their inventory and dragging bodies into shadows. If Conviction is evidence of where Ubisoft is taking the series, they are about to win over a lot of new fans and potentially upset a portion of those already loyal.
  2. The single-player story is short, but it's filled with a lot of great moments. The co-op multiplayer helps to give the package a lot more bite.
  3. I have no problem recommending Conviction to anyone who enjoys the Splinter Cell series or third person action/stealth games in general. I would have loved a much longer and more involved campaign, but the additional modes (including a separate co-op campaign) go a long way in making up for that.