Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell PC

8.5

1. JosephPalka
    Jul 13, 2009
    This was a pretty good game on the Playstation 2 when I first experienced it. The stealth element in the game made the game itself come to life. Despite the weapons, there were also a variety of objects in the game as well. Another good thing about this game are the graphics. The graphics are polished in every single environment along with the effects of the sky, explosions, fire, andThis was a pretty good game on the Playstation 2 when I first experienced it. The stealth element in the game made the game itself come to life. Despite the weapons, there were also a variety of objects in the game as well. Another good thing about this game are the graphics. The graphics are polished in every single environment along with the effects of the sky, explosions, fire, and decals. The interrogations and conversations from the NPC's are also entertaining. In the Kalinatek building, you see two guards through a transparent wall talking about how wall mines are dangerous. You have two choices: Wait for one of the guards to walk into the room and be knocked out by you or just open the door in the middle of their conversation, take out your SC20K, zoom in and shoot the mine to turn them into barbecue steaks!

Overall: I have played all the Splinter Cell games in the franchise so far and even though this game is old, it is well worth anyone's time.
  2. Aug 17, 2011
    supremo! Sam fisher rocks! Kick the people finding flaws in this game.it is much better than hitman where if u wear enemy cloths then no one recognises you.oh come on it is impossible to unrecognise top most honour killer agent 47 in any getup specialy because they have those barcodes on the back side of head.
    Splinter cell rocks man!
  3. Jan 15, 2015
    LAST PLAYED: Jan 2015 (GOG.com Version)

PROS: + Stealth matters + Story is pretty good + Some cool equipment CONS: - Some clumsy control elements – Graphics haven’t aged well, even on max PC settings REVIEW: When I spotted this title on sale on GOG.com’s platform I thought I’d try it out, since it spawned so many sequels. In some ways, I was pleasantly surprised. The Assassin’s
    LAST PLAYED: Jan 2015 (GOG.com Version)

PROS: + Stealth matters + Story is pretty good + Some cool equipment

REVIEW: When I spotted this title on sale on GOG.com’s platform I thought I’d try it out, since it spawned so many sequels. In some ways, I was pleasantly surprised. The Assassin’s Creed series, also by Ubisoft, claims that you should try to kill your target stealthily, but gives no reward for doing so. Splinter Cell, by contrast, really can’t be played “loud” since the computer is scripted to give you one warning before terminating the mission. It is refreshing to have stealth be a mission-critical element in a game, since so many of them are optional at best.

As a side-effect of the stealth focus of the game, patience is rewarded. If you wait, in game, things improve. This is also true for the story, which starts out pretty bland but gets better later (though if you don’t care for geopolitics and conspiracy theories you might still be bored). Also, the rifle with all the attachments only becomes available later. From my perspective, this is kind of a mistake, since it makes the early missions less fun, but whatever.

The bad of the game really boils down to some growing pains. Ubisoft hadn’t figured out a good control scheme yet, I guess because the mouse wheel is all important for controlling movement speed in this game. Yes, I could have used XPadder to try to mimic the console, but who would really want to go to all that effort? Also, the character models are angular with terrible textures—symptomatic of games of the time.

The results? A game that is still worth playing 12 years later: it will immerse you if you are willing to be patient with the awkward controls and clunky first levels.
  4. Jun 4, 2014
    I have played many stealth games and after playing through this game I am still not convinced that this is one of the best stealth games but it was still enjoyable and well made for it's time. The controls was ok but there are problems with the gameplay when descending from a ledge to another ledge and jumping from a ladder to a ledge which can make you miss the ledge. This was annoyingI have played many stealth games and after playing through this game I am still not convinced that this is one of the best stealth games but it was still enjoyable and well made for it's time. The controls was ok but there are problems with the gameplay when descending from a ledge to another ledge and jumping from a ladder to a ledge which can make you miss the ledge. This was annoying but with many tries it finnaly worked. The difficulty of this game was very hard and not because of how smart the A.I was or how the level design was built, but reather the recoil and accuracy of the weapons which made the game harder in a unrealistic way and also those times when you had to kill your way through to complete a level was a bit annoying. You can get used to it but still it could have been more enjoyable if the shooting mechanics could of been better.

The difficulty was unrealistic how the A.I could spot you with their eyes in the back of their heads which also made the game bad. Some might disagree with me and say that I made too much noise but was not the case here, the A.I knew that you were behind them all the time quite often but this could be a bug or the A.I. was inconsistent.

Being the first game in the Splinter Cell franchise it is still a enjoyable stealth experience but it is disappointing to me that the A.I is inconsistent and the weapon handling is bad.

The story is good but not great but how the story was told was quite interesting.
    I would like to have a longer story campaign with more stealth gameplay but they wanted to balance the variation of the gameplay by having more shooting rather than stealth which is unfortunate because I still think that this game needed more stealth moments and If the shooting mechanics would have been better, well then I would have enjoyed having those crucial shooting moments in the game. Despite those flaws this game Spinter Cell is a very good stealth action game and I recommend those that love the stealth game genre to play it.
  5. Jun 21, 2015
    My very first Splinter Cell game. No, I didn't play this when I was a kid, I just started the series and plan to play them in order. Talk about being late! Back then I heard this game was aimed to be a Metal Gear Solid 2 killer. Ha! Not even close. Splinter Cell is a great game, just not on par with MGS.

As you may already know, you are Sam Fisher, a secret agent of Third Echelon, a

As you may already know, you are Sam Fisher, a secret agent of Third Echelon, a section of the NSA. A coup has occurred in Georgia, and a man named Kombayn Nikoladze has come into power. The CIA sends in two agents to see if this guy is up to no good. Suddenly they lose contact. That's where you come in. The story is decent and so is the voice acting. Music also sets the mood too.

Obviously, stealth is a must in this game. Why? Because #1: you have limited ammo. #2: Sam can get killed easily, even on the easier difficulty and #3: setting off too many alarms will cause the mission to end. This game does not hold your hand, you have to figure how to proceed by yourself. What I like about this game is the use of light and darkness to proceed. There are cases where you can be nose-to-nose with an enemy yet because you're in pitch darkness, he wouldn't notice you. Note, that's an exaggeration, he'll notice if you get too close, so don't actually do it :D

Of course, there are faults. One is the melee attack. There's JUST one: an elbow strike. You can knock out enemies from behind with it, but the real problem is using it face-to-face. When you're sneaking from behind and they turn around and spot you (which will happen very often), it takes two strikes to dispatch them and by the time you do that, they pumped 2-3 bullets (more if it's an assault rifle), bringing down a good chunk of health.

Another thing is the aiming. For some reason, this highly-trained NSA agent cannot aim his pistol right. As in, even if you're crouched and still, you can still miss. Not a big deal since you're not supposed to kill too much anyway, but it's a problem when you trying to shoot lights out. What I do is that I quicksave before I shoot. The SC-20K is MUCH better. Not only is it more accurate, but you can do a lot of stuff with it, like sniping, shooting non-lethal darts and sleeping gas. And the last thing is once you beat the game, that's it. Fortunately, it's worth a second playthrough. Try it on Hard.

This game has done a good job of introducing me to the SC series. It's worth the low price now. I want to play Pandora Tommorrow now but it's not on Steam. Please Ubisoft, fix whatever problems it has and re-release it.
  6. NinjaMafia
    Aug 11, 2003
    I really don't like this game that much. First off, the game is very linear, which I could handle if it had some replay value to keep me going. The gameplay was fun for a while but you had to sneak everywhere in this game, making running almost useless except for the parts where there are no guards around. I liked the fact that you could take human shields but they did a poor job on I really don't like this game that much. First off, the game is very linear, which I could handle if it had some replay value to keep me going. The gameplay was fun for a while but you had to sneak everywhere in this game, making running almost useless except for the parts where there are no guards around. I liked the fact that you could take human shields but they did a poor job on it. Enemies still shoot at you when you have a human shield and the only thing a human shield is good for is to knock a guard out. The targeting system could have been improved , I really didn't care for unholstering my gun and then suddenly Sam Fisher moved at a crawl.This game isn't that terrible though, you really feel like your being extremely stealthy in the game, which can be a good or bad thing. The graphics are realy good but I don't really care how a game looks. The sound is ok, the voice acting was good but sometimes Sam sounded a bit monotone. There is practically no memerable music in this game. I did like that fact that shooting out lights could help you hide in the shadows but there rises another problem. This game is too dependant on hiding in the shadows. Sure I can understand it if it had other stealthy moves buts it really doesn't. Overall, Splinter Cell can be an incredibly fun game for a lot of people. It just isn't my cup of teamemerable music in this game. Expand
  7. RogerB.
    Nov 27, 2003
    Good graphics and sound - despite the on-going issues with both (Testing department??) Story line is too linear and no on-line/multiplayer option therefore less incentive to continue playing after completion of the game. anyway good effort - bring on Pandora Tomorrow.
  8. JurisdeMo
    Feb 25, 2003
    Well, nothing special. Yes it is good, but I am tired of walking in all 3d alone. Also map on game just sucks. And to make it worse you can allways see that there is only one way to go, just go forward and no left or right. If U have not played much 3d then this is great, but for others - I am tired of these kind of games, they R always the same.
  9. Sneak
    Sep 4, 2008
    I really, really, pity the people who think that this has been done before/is stupid/is too linear. It takes a while, but there is always an alternate route, with a few exceptions. Also, AI is amazing, mch better than in Metal Gear Solid (where pointing your gun at them caused them to crap out ammunition and supplies. Also, even though I have only played the Xbox version, the computer I really, really, pity the people who think that this has been done before/is stupid/is too linear. It takes a while, but there is always an alternate route, with a few exceptions. Also, AI is amazing, mch better than in Metal Gear Solid (where pointing your gun at them caused them to crap out ammunition and supplies. Also, even though I have only played the Xbox version, the computer version can't really be that much different. Expand
  10. Aug 20, 2013
    although i like stealth games but i can't seem to get well with this one maybe because i played it lately and not when it was released or maybe because i didn't like its slow paced gameplay
  11. Sep 9, 2015
    Ubisoft labeled this game as a Metal Gear Solid 2 killer... Well, they failed on mostly everything, the critics weren't as pleased with the game as with MGS2 and the sales were just okay (3 millions compared with 7 millions of copies sold by MGS2). I was a fan of this game, but after playing it now, i must say it's really mediocre. The controls are clunky (reminds me of Hitman), theUbisoft labeled this game as a Metal Gear Solid 2 killer... Well, they failed on mostly everything, the critics weren't as pleased with the game as with MGS2 and the sales were just okay (3 millions compared with 7 millions of copies sold by MGS2). I was a fan of this game, but after playing it now, i must say it's really mediocre. The controls are clunky (reminds me of Hitman), the graphics are awful and the story is generic. The sound and music aren't bad, but aren't up to the standard of even the first Metal Gear Solid game. Luckily, the newer ones like Conviction and Blacklist are fine. Expand
  12. DrewL.
    May 31, 2003
    This game brings out the best in every aspect of what a solo-shooter game should be. Graphics are amazing, and stealth tactics are awesome.
  13. PliskinI.
    Mar 8, 2003
    Best Game out There Definitely buy it.
  14. JoshF.
    Mar 16, 2003
    So far, I'm really liking this game. I got a PS2 unfaithfully , solely for Vice City. Planned to buy this, too, but when I found the PC version I couldn't imagine playing it with an anolog stick. Mice are SO much more precise. Games like this are totally suited for PC's. Any way, so far this game kicks ass, people.
  15. BoMD
    May 4, 2003
    TOP OF THE LINE !!!!!!! This game is realy something new and never before seen. The only bad thing about the game i can say is that it abit too hard fore me. THUMBS UP
  16. IzZo
    May 1, 2003
    One of a Kind!! This game rocks!These stealth games have alwayz been my fav, especially MGS series. Man, this game has 2 b ubisoft's best piece of work yet! unfortunately like other games 2day it's a very demanding game, requiring a Geforece 2 operate, had 2 upgrade my geforce 2 to 4 jus for this n MGS 2 but seriously these games r worth it!the lighting n audio r incredible, n i One of a Kind!! This game rocks!These stealth games have alwayz been my fav, especially MGS series. Man, this game has 2 b ubisoft's best piece of work yet! unfortunately like other games 2day it's a very demanding game, requiring a Geforece 2 operate, had 2 upgrade my geforce 2 to 4 jus for this n MGS 2 but seriously these games r worth it!the lighting n audio r incredible, n i like da idea of da scroll mouse for adjustin runnnin speed, very creative me thinks, well done Ubisoft, i take my hat off 2 u for this great game! Expand
  17. AdamR.
    Mar 27, 2003
    Very good. I have only played the demo, but it is very good. But what is with the AI? I was using this guy as a human shield and the AI shot at me anyway. And when the shield died, the computer blamed it on me. What's up with that!? But, back to the demo I go. Another note: Graphics are bad on a GeForce2 GTS
  18. Stuie
    Feb 19, 2003
    Totally a wicked game, very well done, excellent gameplay, excellant sound and graphics..... all around a top notch game and totally woth the money.
  19. ChristopherW.
    Mar 6, 2003
    A superb game, way better than the console versions.
  20. TheTwo
    Oct 16, 2003
    Like some people already said, it's HIGHLY overrated. It can be anything but original: it's basically a mix between Metal Gear, Thief and Hitman, plus a little of NOLF and other games; the only original things it adds are the "free camera", the speed control and the split jump. OK, that doesn't matter that much, but is the most LINEAR game I've ever played. If taking Like some people already said, it's HIGHLY overrated. It can be anything but original: it's basically a mix between Metal Gear, Thief and Hitman, plus a little of NOLF and other games; the only original things it adds are the "free camera", the speed control and the split jump. OK, that doesn't matter that much, but is the most LINEAR game I've ever played. If taking decisions about what to do in certain situations is the way you think an infiltration game should be (like in the 3 games I've mentioned first), AVOID THIS GAME, because the level design forces you to go(do) wherever(whatever) the developers want you to go(do): "rappel here", "everything is closed except the ventilation system", etc. In Splinter Cell you can do almost anything you can think a secret agent "ninja style" can do, your character really has a good variety of moves, and you will find yourself using all of his moves through the game and that's cool, but that's because you have to, you don't have the choice for a better/quicker way of infiltrating/getting out, you have no choices at all in this game, then it's hard to get involved in the history of the game, cause everything is "staged" (highly scripted), everything is done in only one way, eveything ca be passed in only one way, everything feels unnatural. Of course, because of all this, the game has ZERO replay value. The enemy AI is very poor, and you can figure most scripted sequences and beat them the second time you pass them if you die. Style, graphics and sound save the day. Expand
  21. TimB.
    Apr 5, 2004
    Oh man. I don't know where to start. This game lets you choose whether to kick ass and take names, or just hide in the shadows and sneak past everyone. If there were no ending, I'd still be playing it. Nonstop. I wouldn't even sleep.
  22. DjE
    Dec 22, 2004
    This game is the best with all the best sound graphics and levels puls how much deatial is put in to the guns this is a sweet game i would recommend this to anyone.
  23. SimonB.
    May 29, 2007
    You play a secret agent with gadgets and catchy lines. That's kind of like James Bond and Hitman. Except James Bond cares less if he blows up an entire skyscraper. Comparing this game to Hitman is flawed. Hitman can go with intense action and making mass murder. Sam Fisher has only sixty lousy bullets and he can't pick up guns from dead bodies. Stealth prevails here more than You play a secret agent with gadgets and catchy lines. That's kind of like James Bond and Hitman. Except James Bond cares less if he blows up an entire skyscraper. Comparing this game to Hitman is flawed. Hitman can go with intense action and making mass murder. Sam Fisher has only sixty lousy bullets and he can't pick up guns from dead bodies. Stealth prevails here more than making a private Vendetta. This game is a solo game made in 2003 or 2004 , I'm not certain. Back then, nobody really believed in free gaming. This isn't some FPS or hardcore gamer game. If people aged over 40 years old could play it as a pass time, I believe (yes I have proof of this) that it deserves more than just being compared to other action games. Overall, great stealth game with a solid story (though the dialogues are beyond ridiculous in my opinion, seeing as nobody speaks other languages than english). Expand
  24. ShawnH
    May 24, 2008
    A good game, even in 2008, 5 years after it debuted. I agree with what others have said. It is linear and has aspects of Thief, Hitman and No One Lives Forever. I enjoy sneaking up and taking out enemies, but I wish there were more ways to dispatch the enemy. I also enjoy listening to the conversations between NPC's, which give life to the game. It is definitely worth playing, and I A good game, even in 2008, 5 years after it debuted. I agree with what others have said. It is linear and has aspects of Thief, Hitman and No One Lives Forever. I enjoy sneaking up and taking out enemies, but I wish there were more ways to dispatch the enemy. I also enjoy listening to the conversations between NPC's, which give life to the game. It is definitely worth playing, and I look forward to playing the sequels to see what other adventures Sam Fisher gets involved in. Expand
  25. DalekC
    Jun 6, 2009
    I thought that the game was fun, sneaking and shooting and whacking the crap out of people.
  26. Mar 6, 2012
    Age beat it up, but it never fell down. I love the game, it comes close to my heart the testament of how good games stay forever whereas some leave, this one will not leave me for one second though!
  27. Jun 23, 2012
    after playing chaos theory this game looks abit stale but for it's time it's great you can pretty much tweak anything in the ini solid game showing its age
  28. Feb 12, 2013
    story- it revolves around 'sam fisher' a spy agent that you play as. you work for a type of government security agency. gameplay- the controls can get a bit problematic, sometimes feels blocky. but it introduce a new way to play with tactical gameplay. you use a variety of tactical equipment to get the jobs done. video- solid for its date of release. its about the standard during thatstory- it revolves around 'sam fisher' a spy agent that you play as. you work for a type of government security agency. gameplay- the controls can get a bit problematic, sometimes feels blocky. but it introduce a new way to play with tactical gameplay. you use a variety of tactical equipment to get the jobs done. video- solid for its date of release. its about the standard during that time.

audio- music is solid, and effects are well done. overall- the original sometimes is always the best and this one beats the recent release imo. conviction didn't really introduce much new and felt all over the place.
  29. Apr 3, 2013
    Considering that this game was released in 2003 its a pretty remarkable game. Not for the graphics those are okay and on par for the generation of games it is in not for the controls of the game and its responsiveness to your actions (drove me insane that Sam would not do the simplest maneuvers without doing it multiple times "No GRAB THAT LEDGE YOU MORON") but purely for the game play.Considering that this game was released in 2003 its a pretty remarkable game. Not for the graphics those are okay and on par for the generation of games it is in not for the controls of the game and its responsiveness to your actions (drove me insane that Sam would not do the simplest maneuvers without doing it multiple times "No GRAB THAT LEDGE YOU MORON") but purely for the game play. The voice acting is okay. The sets are decent. But what makes this an 8 and not a 5 is the design of the game, the variety of approaches, even in the restricted space of a spy/stealth game and the need to really examine all the alternatives before taking a particular route or approach. Its still a fun game even nearly 10 years after its release. Expand
  30. AWG
    Jul 7, 2013
    A funny and interesting game experience wrapped in a great-written story: more than 10 years after its release, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell is still one of the most innovative and lovable "first game from a franchise titles" ever.
  31. Sep 1, 2013
    The original Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell is the best game in the series because of its
    1) Game play in which we can do the same thing again and again in different ways.
    2)Graphics which is good for game of 2003.
    3)Sets which are awesome like the CIA HQ & Kalinatek
  32. Jun 22, 2014
    I can say this is a well developed stealth/action game. This is when Ubisoft actually put some heart and soul into this franchise. It's an outstanding game with a simple, but quite unique gameplay element - hiding in the dark.
    Even though it was made in 2002, the game manages to run OK on Windows 7 64-bit. The controls are something you need to learn, but in the end they make the game quite enjoyable. The shooting mechanics are a bit under-powering, but I guess that's to make you feel like you should be sneaking instead. I loved all of the interesting features such as lock-picking, shooting surveillance cams, rappelling down buildings, grabbing officers to bypass a retinal scanner, using zip-lines and scaling all sorts of obstacles as well as getting into tight places.
    The story is really well written, it gives a very honest feeling of actually working for national security - to prevent any threat to the nation. It's amazing how it teaches you about how information warfare works (thanks to Tom Clancy, may this man rest in peace). The cutscenes are very good as well. The characters seem alright and well detailed and the dialogue is superb. Michael Ironside does a great job voicing the main character, Sam Fisher, making him sound cold and brave, alongside a pinch of sense of humor. Also, Irving Lambert's voice actor Don Jordan
    The level design, while at first a bit confusing, is not bad. I like how it gives more than just one option to pass an area: shall I sneak behind a guard and knock him out or climb up a pipe to get up on the roof and then strike him from above? Speaking of guards, I am a little bit disappointed with the AI. It seems at certain points their field of view is superhuman and they can sometimes hear me when I'm sneaking as slowly as possible.
    This may seem like a burden for your temper, but thankfully the environment in the game is very nicely done. Many places are quite detailed and there's quite some variation as well. There are some areas in the game that make it sound like breaking into them would be insane, but in the end you can actually pass through them. The graphics, for 2002, are quite stunning. Though most of the time the player is accustomed to using night-vision, but while the goggles are off, some very fine details can be seen like the clouds, the faces of the NPCs and the guns.
    To top it all off, the sound quality is amazing. It feels like not one bit of quality was sacrificed when it comes to hearing gunfire, explosions, dialogue and the ambiance. I have to say I love the music too, especially when guards get a bit alerted and there's a sudden piano chord followed by a tense, ninja-esque soundtrack. But when things start to get messy, there's a perfect action theme for the upcoming combat. Overall, the last mission's soundtrack has got to be the best though.
    In the end, this game was a great starter for an interesting franchise. I believe this is when Ubisoft was a respectful game developer, unlike now, unfortunately.
  33. May 23, 2016
    This game is really classic. I am playing it right now and have a lot of fun. The atmosphere is great, even by reading the manual you want to get into the world of Splinter Cell. Although the game is serious the humour of Sam Fisher is perfect and fits to the world: No too cool oneliner like in many unrealistic movies. The presentation of the story is 1s class. the story itself... too muchThis game is really classic. I am playing it right now and have a lot of fun. The atmosphere is great, even by reading the manual you want to get into the world of Splinter Cell. Although the game is serious the humour of Sam Fisher is perfect and fits to the world: No too cool oneliner like in many unrealistic movies. The presentation of the story is 1s class. the story itself... too much US propaganda.
    The graphics was great as it was released and even today your eyes won´t complain to look this game today. Dont forget to download the PS 3 textures.
    The controlling is good, often I am complaining about it, but not in this game.

Every game has weaknesses, in this game: The KI is unrealistic, they should see and hear more. Often they not behave logically. So the game is too easy, even on hard setting. In addition the music is spoiling a lot. There is a certain music, that is played, when the enemies are alerted. Not very realistic.
    The missions are very linear, the question is only how you want to get over the enemies.
  34. Apr 16, 2017
    Wanted to start and try out the entire Splinter Cell series, quite late, I know. Went ahead and tried the first game, and pretty much lowered my expectations as the game was released way back in 2003. 14 years ago! I was very surprised though, in a good way.

I'll start by saying that Splinter Cell definitely passes the test of time. It's quite old but still stands as an awesome experience nowadays, and not only for nostalgia lovers. Of course, it shows that it's a game from 2003. But that somehow doesn't prevent it from being fun, from looking pretty neat and running on modern machines without much problem (at least in my experience).

Splinter Cell shines with its gameplay, and I'm sure that back then it defined some new rules in the stealth gaming. Despite the AI can be slightly dumb at times, it really felt rather sophisticated to me. Plenty of gadgets to help you sneak your way through without getting bored or too tired by it. Plenty of ways to handle each level and each situation, and you're free to do it brutally or to try and keep most of your enemies alive. It's also pretty realistic and goes into small details for such an old game, which I found pretty impressive (Example - you can usually sneak past your enemies without them noticing, but if you'll step over shards of glass they might make some noise which would make you noticeable!). Some things are not explained to you in the tutorial, which I found a little frustrating, but eventually got over that. (I guess that back then developers relied more on players to actually read the manual, which I did, but just couldn't remember it all!)

Graphics look just fine, very dated but for that time are very detailed and well designed, the different environments you'll sneak through are portrayed pretty well in Splinter Cell, and they manage to still look nice to the eye even today, if you consider it being from over a decade ago.

Soundtrack and sound effects are also very well planned and designed, the music fits perfectly and creates tension and just the right atmosphere for such game. It can get quite repetitive though, and I generally like to see some more effort put in music in the games I play. But in this case it's forgivable.

One thing that slightly disappointed me was the story, which wasn't bad at all, but also wasn't anything special and not too intriguing in my opinion. It was a little simple and banal, and still at some points I just didn't manage to follow, and later I pretty much lost interest. I personally care much about story in video game I play and expect for something interesting which would make me want to go on.

Fortunately I felt the experience was worth it, overall, I enjoyed the game and am looking forward to try out the next installments.

1. It’s all rendered beautifully, possessing a realistic quality that will likely be unmatched for quite some time. Animation is incredibly fluid and the attention to detail is impeccable.
  2. The graphics in Splinter Cell are unsurpassed. The lighting effects are incredible, the character models look great, and the animations are realistic.
  3. PC Gamer
    It's not all stealth. Ubi Soft's Montreal studio did a terrific job sprinkling the missions with spasms of frenetic action and tech-savvy stunts. [Mar 2003, p.84]