7.7

1. Nov 20, 2013
    Tomb Raider: Underworld is very visually appealing… No question! But the dodgy camera angles and obscure bugs in this game are a considerable negative… When Lara finds herself stuck in rocks and doing odd jitter dances it does get slightly tedious… However, the environments are absolutely brilliant and, when Lara is behaving, it’s an amazing adventure game. It also brings back to play someTomb Raider: Underworld is very visually appealing… No question! But the dodgy camera angles and obscure bugs in this game are a considerable negative… When Lara finds herself stuck in rocks and doing odd jitter dances it does get slightly tedious… However, the environments are absolutely brilliant and, when Lara is behaving, it’s an amazing adventure game. It also brings back to play some of the puzzles that we originally loved from the older generation Tomb Raiders… All in all this is a very decent game and feel it was a step in the right direction… And with the story finally complete from the trilogy I look forward to the future instalments. Expand
  2. Sep 13, 2014
    There are some good ideas in this Tomb Raider!
    - Big and open level
    - The motocycle is pretty fun
    - The atmosphere is suceeded

- The story is disapointing
    - IA is failed
  3. Oct 14, 2014
    Несомненно, офигенная игра, но (пишу минусы, плюсы и так ясны):

- ужасная система боя с врагами - точнее её попросту нет. Зажал ПКМ и стреляешь по супостату автоматически и маневрируя в сторону (или отбегая). - Игра вышла 2008 года,а графика - так себе. Игры 2008 имели несколько лучшую графику, нежели TR: Underworld. - Нет русской озвучки - не беда (хоть и неудобно), а вот то, что
    Несомненно, офигенная игра, но (пишу минусы, плюсы и так ясны):

- Нет русской озвучки - не беда (хоть и неудобно), а вот то, что половина всех клавиш представляют из себя квадратики - чертовски неудобно. В особенности когда разбираешься как стрелять канатом, кидать гранаты, использовать аптечку и прочие.

4. MikeH
    Jan 15, 2009
    Pretty visuals, a problematic camera and gameplay that has been dumbed down (though not as much as PoP). Give me a few ways to solve problems, don't magnetically correct badly timed jumps, give me a challenge! TR: Legend and TR: Anniversary are both better games which are more deserving of your time. Legend had better combat, Anniversary had better level design - funny that, Pretty visuals, a problematic camera and gameplay that has been dumbed down (though not as much as PoP). Give me a few ways to solve problems, don't magnetically correct badly timed jumps, give me a challenge! TR: Legend and TR: Anniversary are both better games which are more deserving of your time. Legend had better combat, Anniversary had better level design - funny that, considering it was a remake of the original... St Francis' Folly is a perfect example of the kind of level design totally lacking in Underworld. Oh, and the plot? Whatever. New plot, please, that doesn't make me travel to Cambodia to go through Incan ruins to find Norse mythology or whatever that was all about... Expand
  5. AndrewP
    Jan 19, 2009
    A game with huge potential marred by bugs and inconsistencies. Leaps of faith and random deaths are the order of the day as one tries to discover which paths are allowed and which are decorative. Clumsy and over long character animations don't help matters and neither does occasionally getting stuck in the scenery. Disappointing (and short).
  6. Apr 22, 2014
    It's an ok game, for an older one. If you like puzzles and the challenge of running/grabbing/jumping, then this game is for you. About halfway I got a bit bored because every level was a puzzle...no action other than killing a few skeletons and spiders along the way. So I agree with the general rating of about 7.5. The newest Tomb Raider is of course way better.
  7. Jan 26, 2013
    This game is fun and the graphics are awesome. Anyone looking for better should hold their tongue.. You know this is as good as it gets till the 2013 release..
  8. WarwickA
    Dec 2, 2008
    Mindless pot-kicking repetitiveness. The demo contains all you'll experience in the game. Rated 5 just because the graphics are so good.
  9. ElBarto
    Dec 25, 2009
    As said before, the camere controls are all over the place I bought the PC version Also the way how Lara moves, often she does not what you want her to do and have to put the camera position in the right place before to make a jump because the controls are worthless No option either to configure the buttons of a controller if you connect one, worthless configuration and a shame in these As said before, the camere controls are all over the place I bought the PC version Also the way how Lara moves, often she does not what you want her to do and have to put the camera position in the right place before to make a jump because the controls are worthless No option either to configure the buttons of a controller if you connect one, worthless configuration and a shame in these times. Allthough average 50% of my system resources are being used there is a significant drop in framerates sometimes, this is very typical for a game developed for the Xbox and poorly ported to the pc Without any doubt one of the better games of Tombraider but with some serious flaws which could have been solved if some more time was spend in the controls and movements of Lara Expand
  10. Jul 21, 2012
    The graphics and sound are pretty good in the game. The puzzles and combat were on the easy side but were good enough to get me to finish the game. Story is bad and uninteresting. The controls and camera are TERRIBLE. They often feel like they are fighting against you when playing. It is especially frustrating when you are trying to make a jump. If they worked better game might be a 7, as is 5.
  11. Oct 16, 2015
    A decent entry in the Tomb Raider series, but no more than “average” overall.

A decent entry in the Tomb Raider series, but no more than “average” overall.

The story and atmosphere are decent but not great. Most of the gameplay is puzzle platforming. This sometimes gets a bit repetitive, but there is enough variation and cutscenes to prevent it from getting too tedious. The balance between platforming and other types of gameplay is better than in TR-Anniversary (which was all platforming) but maybe not quite as engaging for the masses (and me) as the 2013 reboot (which had more action). The platforming difficulty is generally good for most of us, but on the easy side for hardcore gamers. I struggled with some parts, but always got through after a while. Some environments look really nice (Thailand), but others have rather bare and bland level design. The combat is fairly bad, as expected with this series. The checkpoint save system is also annoying, but not too bad.

Though some of the veterans will scoff, I find the optional “field assistance” hints an improvement over the previous games that offered no help at all - now I am less likely to need to look up solutions online when I get stuck. There is still big room for improvement in this area though. At least there are difficulty settings for specific things like enemy health and fall damage.

Lara's controls are a bit mixed. In some ways they are fine, but they also feel a bit nervous and she moves less natural (less inertia and animation flow) than in TR-Anniversary. As usual, sometimes the controls don't do what you want, causing many accidental deaths. Also, the camera behaviour can be disorienting, and the FOV is unpleasantly low. At least there is no mouse acceleration. The HUD is bad - you have to open your PDA to change weapon and see how much ammo you have. None of these flaws are game breaking though.

Tip: To improve the graphics beyond the max ingame settings, i suggest forcing AF to x4 (ingame AF setting does not work) and AA transparency to 4x supersampling in nvidia control panel.

I would say this is a game to get when on sale, and only if you are ok with a lot of puzzle platforming.
  12. Nov 10, 2012
    they improved the graphics and i like how u dont need medical bags for ur health after a moment it just heal herself . i have been playing the Tomb Raider when i am like 4. (16 now) well cuz my dad force me to play he said its a brain exercises to solve the action problems in tomb raider and it used to scared the **** outta me whenever a enemy pop out from no where. are they gonna makethey improved the graphics and i like how u dont need medical bags for ur health after a moment it just heal herself . i have been playing the Tomb Raider when i am like 4. (16 now) well cuz my dad force me to play he said its a brain exercises to solve the action problems in tomb raider and it used to scared the **** outta me whenever a enemy pop out from no where. are they gonna make another tomb raider after underworld? cuz i dont like the ending in Underworld, i played the game 5 hours straight without resting just to see the ending. so plz make another game after Underworld!!!!!!
    i think the tomb raider series was so-so. my one thing i dont really like it is because i think i have to think too much in this game for wat to do next instead telling u wat to do like Uncharted.
  13. Oct 31, 2016
    This felt like an inferior game to me compared to Legend even despite graphics and animations upgrade. It didnt live up to my cliff hanger expectations from Legend neither. While they still did great job with exploring and raiding tombs which were beautifly designed, atlest for the most part, game still felt bit underwhelming overall, with much less enjoyable story. Controls on mouse andThis felt like an inferior game to me compared to Legend even despite graphics and animations upgrade. It didnt live up to my cliff hanger expectations from Legend neither. While they still did great job with exploring and raiding tombs which were beautifly designed, atlest for the most part, game still felt bit underwhelming overall, with much less enjoyable story. Controls on mouse and kboard didnt work aswell as they did in Legend and the wonky camera got me killed many times. Overall movement and platforming system felt more realistic, but lacked finesse. Also annoying was how they scatter so many useless collectibles all around the levels making me not want to even go after them, even if you collect all of them theres no rewards or unlocks worthy of the effort anyway apart from some concept art just 1 --->ONE Expand
  14. Mar 18, 2017
    This game is great in terms of the story and graphics, I really enjoyed it in this respect and this is what made me finish it. The locations are really great and I loved them. The puzzles were very interesting, but too trivial, they could make them more challenging.
    On the bad side, the jumping system is just plain horrible. I don't recollect any other game in which I cursed so much at the game and at the character, just every time she would jump to her death! When you realize how bad it is you kind of try to do things very carefully but still it doesn't work way too often. I'd think it is because it's an older game, but then Assassin's Creed was out a year earlier and the jumping there was pretty smooth as far as I remember.
    Plus, I think it's pretty stupid to expect you to collect some so-called treasures which have absolutely no meaning and purpose (besides unlocking some artwork as I read online and a bit of pleasure of finding a kind of a hidden spot). To me, it just made it worse. I didn't even bother picking those up even if I was running past them.
    Another thing that frustrated me was that even if you were standing next to an object you still couldn't use it unless a hand sign appeared, very frustrating!

Overall, the game is worth playing even now in 2017 especially if you like adventure and exploring, and if you are not easily frustrated by other aspects of the game and can find patience to put up with them.

1. A visually stunning, epic adventure that continues Crystal Dynamics' excellent run. We reckon it's the best completely original Tomb Raider (Anniversary was, of course, a remake) we've had in years, and is only let down by the odd control quirk and camera issue.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    We like the way she moves – Lara excels in both body and environments visuals that are great. It’s still the good old Tomb Raider cliché, but is there anything wrong with that? We don’t think so. Do not underestimate the Underworld! [Dec 2008]
    While the PC version has much sharper visuals and some tighter control, the camera can still hamper gameplay.