Train Simulator 2014 PC

4.9

1. Apr 4, 2014
    I bought the game some years ago while it was still being marketed as Railworks, and have yet to be majorly disappointed by it. It offers a generally realistic driving experience (My father worked on the railways, so I should know) with correct signalling, and excellent AI capabilities. Most users complain that the AI is useless- This is generally because they don't understand that noI bought the game some years ago while it was still being marketed as Railworks, and have yet to be majorly disappointed by it. It offers a generally realistic driving experience (My father worked on the railways, so I should know) with correct signalling, and excellent AI capabilities. Most users complain that the AI is useless- This is generally because they don't understand that no accurate simulator can handle over 10 trains being routed over a certain piece of track in a minute! You have to remember that the game is targeted at an incredibly specific group of people and , while definitely not being perfect (Customer support does not exist, scenery is often reused in earlier routes...) it is certainly the best simulator currently on the market. Expand
  2. Nov 5, 2013
    Having played MSTS for a number of years i was a bit skeptical about buying this game having heard mixed opinions about it, the other day there was a flash sale so i thought "why not".

Long story short, I'm really enjoying this game, i have bought a few add ons and while some are better than others i would say that overall this is a more than worthy successor to the aging MSTS. I can

I can understand what the other people have said regarding certain issues and some lack of realism but overall i think the good outweighs the bad and with yearly upgrades, it can only get better!
  3. Jan 29, 2014
    I think it's a little shameful that people give this game such a hard time and so many negative reviews.

The most common point which people pick on about this game (or simulator if you will) is DLC prices. Yes they are very expensive, I won't deny that, but you have to only expect it's price for how much work goes into these. Dovetail games are not a huge company like EA or Infinity Ward for example where they have huge teams of developers working on a DLC all at once to increase the work speed, they're a small company with probably only 50 employee's (if even that!) and they have to make all of these from scratch.

For a route they have to map and lay 50-100miles of track which takes time, and then build all the signals, junctions, scenery etc along the way. For a locomotive they have to completely 3D model the engine from the ground up and then fully texture, and build the sound files for.

I think personally they have done a fantastic job with this simulator and it's definitely the best train simulator out there. Sure there are quite a lot of things they can do to make the game better, but people are expecting way too much way too fast from a company of this size.

Disclaimer: This is my opinion and my opinion alone. You can choose to agree or disagree but please don't make an argument out of it.
  4. Mar 22, 2014
    When I first bought the game in 2013, I loved the variety and the detail from the start, the game was very simple to play unless you did a hard scenario. As I drove in several DLC trains I noticed the attention to detail, from the cab rocking around to shadows moving inside it. The sounds were also great and perfectly matched everything you did. Another great game feature was the editor. IWhen I first bought the game in 2013, I loved the variety and the detail from the start, the game was very simple to play unless you did a hard scenario. As I drove in several DLC trains I noticed the attention to detail, from the cab rocking around to shadows moving inside it. The sounds were also great and perfectly matched everything you did. Another great game feature was the editor. I looked at some YouTube tutorials and soon knew how to use it. With it you could create and share scenarios (missions) and create custom routes with objects from others. The one problem I noticed in the game that existed in 2013 and still does in 2014 is the lack of content used. There is a huge amount and variety of DLC available from routes to locomotives, and all for a reasonable price. Yet none of the DLC mixed and matched and some parts of the DLC wasn't even used in game scenarios! In order to mix and use unused items you had to go into the editor section and create a free roam scenario, taking 3-10 minutes.

Though it did lag on my old computer I got a lot of enjoyment out of it until one day when I went to start the game it said: ERROR: missing executable. This confused me so I went into the game files and launched the installers in repair mode. When that didn't work I removed the game from my computer and re-installed it. That didn't work so I just gave up and hoped it would work on my other computer. I am yet to see if it does.
  5. Sep 29, 2013
    Better graphics, better physics, most of the bugs from TS 2013 are fixed. New UI. TS 2014 is much better then 2013. The only thing that i dont like is that the driving HUD is the same since TS 2012
  6. Oct 2, 2013
    Smoother graphics performance, running smooth on maxed settings. The new routes are highly enjoyable but the feature I've most enjoyed is being able to use the Google Maps API to add an overlay in the Editor, this has made it much easier to be able to create a real world route to a much better degree of accuracy.
  7. Sep 29, 2013
    Graphics is good,the Only noticable thing they've added is XP,but even it does not work propertly.
    Awesome achievements and cities.Graphic is for good compters max windows 7 good graphic card and monitor.
  8. Apr 20, 2014
    Just a fantastic rail sim, Its the best that money can buy atm if you like simulation games this is for you, esp if you love trains. Even ppl with there own modal trains and routes i.e layouts will simply love this sim, theres a mission system built into it aswell so you will see and feel like you earn your way threw the ranks i give this game 10/10. and if you finish and complete all theJust a fantastic rail sim, Its the best that money can buy atm if you like simulation games this is for you, esp if you love trains. Even ppl with there own modal trains and routes i.e layouts will simply love this sim, theres a mission system built into it aswell so you will see and feel like you earn your way threw the ranks i give this game 10/10. and if you finish and complete all the tasks and scenarios inc tutorials and fancy somthing diff, a alittle more chalanging or simply want to try new routes or locos, well theres atleast 3000 pounds worth of dlc out there probbly more then atleast, id say 1000 plus hours im sure its an understatment some dlc will set you back 30 pounds but you will get a fair bit for your money, and some will set you back 4.99 again you will get hours of play time. They have lots of offers aswell for e.g atm they have an offer were you get 8 packs including the game alll for just 24.99 and your saving like 100 to 150 pounds bargen if you ask me.plus you can make your own routes and scenarios if and with the workshop includid with this game you can upload your own content or download other users content the game is limitless i hope you all enjoy this sim in the same way i do ive spent atleas 100 pound on this game and im nowere near board. Expand
  9. May 12, 2014
    A good simulator both for new and seasoned players of train sim. Could have more work done to it and also for the price get more trains/maps. Or make the DLC maps and trains slightly cheaper. But overall a good fun simulator.
  10. Jun 26, 2014
    Madre mía este juego, me lo he comprado 2 veces. Pagaría por un DLC sin pensarlo. Mis dos tarjetas gráficas soportan este pedazo de motor gráfico.

1. Dec 24, 2013
    The new routes are familiar, and the new features are flimsy. Train Simulator 2104 feels like it’s freewheeling.
  2. Nov 14, 2013
    Train Simulator 2014 is very boring – you spend most of your time looking out for the next semaphore and missing GTA V. [12/2013, p.70]
  3. Nov 4, 2013
    This “game,” if it can really be called that, is a niche one. It will only appeal to a very select few train enthusiasts and so for those folks I’d recommend this as a nice entry into the world of train conducting. For everyone else save yourself some time, money and frustration and just say no.