4.8

1. Sep 29, 2013
    Graphics is good,the Only noticable thing they've added is XP,but even it does not work propertly.
    Awesome achievements and cities.Graphic is for good compters max windows 7 good graphic card and monitor.
  2. Sep 29, 2013
    Better graphics, better physics, most of the bugs from TS 2013 are fixed. New UI. TS 2014 is much better then 2013. The only thing that i dont like is that the driving HUD is the same since TS 2012
  3. Jan 29, 2014
    I think it's a little shameful that people give this game such a hard time and so many negative reviews.

The most common point which people pick on about this game (or simulator if you will) is DLC prices. Yes they are very expensive, I won't deny that, but you have to only expect it's price for how much work goes into these. Dovetail games are not a huge company like EA or Infinity
    Ward for example where they have huge teams of developers working on a DLC all at once to increase the work speed, they're a small company with probably only 50 employee's (if even that!) and they have to make all of these from scratch.

For a route they have to map and lay 50-100miles of track which takes time, and then build all the signals, junctions, scenery etc along the way. For a locomotive they have to completely 3D model the engine from the ground up and then fully texture, and build the sound files for.

I think personally they have done a fantastic job with this simulator and it's definitely the best train simulator out there. Sure there are quite a lot of things they can do to make the game better, but people are expecting way too much way too fast from a company of this size.

Disclaimer: This is my opinion and my opinion alone. You can choose to agree or disagree but please don't make an argument out of it.
  4. Oct 2, 2013
    Smoother graphics performance, running smooth on maxed settings. The new routes are highly enjoyable but the feature I've most enjoyed is being able to use the Google Maps API to add an overlay in the Editor, this has made it much easier to be able to create a real world route to a much better degree of accuracy.

1. Dec 24, 2013
    The new routes are familiar, and the new features are flimsy. Train Simulator 2104 feels like it’s freewheeling.
  2. Nov 14, 2013
    Train Simulator 2014 is very boring – you spend most of your time looking out for the next semaphore and missing GTA V. [12/2013, p.70]
  3. Nov 4, 2013
    This “game,” if it can really be called that, is a niche one. It will only appeal to a very select few train enthusiasts and so for those folks I’d recommend this as a nice entry into the world of train conducting. For everyone else save yourself some time, money and frustration and just say no.