Tron 2.0 PC

8.3

1. Jun 1, 2016
    This game was disappointing. For a fps the weaponry is confusing and somewhat unhandy. It's not always clear who's friend or foe in this game. The environment is dull and uninspiring and becomes very soon repetitive. On top of that it lacks a catchy story. Probably this game is more appealing for the movie enthusiast than playable on its own. Be aware that the game maxes at a 1260x900This game was disappointing. For a fps the weaponry is confusing and somewhat unhandy. It's not always clear who's friend or foe in this game. The environment is dull and uninspiring and becomes very soon repetitive. On top of that it lacks a catchy story. Probably this game is more appealing for the movie enthusiast than playable on its own. Be aware that the game maxes at a 1260x900 resolution and also crashes on start on Windows 10. Expand
  2. MatthieuR.
    Dec 1, 2003
    I loved TRON and consider myself a huge fan of FPS type games, but I just couldn't get into this game. I hate the disk as a weapon, and while the levels look awesome, there is just WAY too much "find the key to unlock this door" in this game. Too bad...
  3. DemonicAngel
    Mar 19, 2004
    Nah, sorry. After waiting expectantly for this game, I was very disappointed with the outcome. There are some nice touches like upgradeable software for weapons, utilities and armor that lend an almost RPG aspect to the game (but seem to make sod-all difference), and the graphics are beautiful - in fact, almost perfect. Voice acting is good, and the sound effects are pretty in keeping Nah, sorry. After waiting expectantly for this game, I was very disappointed with the outcome. There are some nice touches like upgradeable software for weapons, utilities and armor that lend an almost RPG aspect to the game (but seem to make sod-all difference), and the graphics are beautiful - in fact, almost perfect. Voice acting is good, and the sound effects are pretty in keeping with the Tron universe. Unfortunately, the sound engine is dreadful - you cannot hear /anything/ that is more than about 6 feet (in real distance) away from you. The levels often manage to be both linear and annoyingly hard to navigate at the same time. The weapons are mostly reworkings of standard FPS fare, with the ubiquitous disc faring little better even though it's by far the best of the weapons. Story progression is through emails, but these cost energy to download. You also use energy to gain useful items and fire weapons. Thus, the story gets chucked in favour of survival. Not to mention the stupid damned jumping puzzles (I thought gaming had evolved beyond that?) and infuriating lightcycle sections (your opponents must be omnicognizant, or omnipotent, or something, because they can dodge your trail, double back and block you before you even realize that they've dodged your trail). It's a shame that Monolith couldn't have done more with the license - I bet it'd have made a great RPG, or even a great MMORPG. Sadly, we're stuck with it as it is. Expand
  4. BitBurn
    Sep 22, 2003
    That game is alright.

1. A Triple-A production that delivers an equally impressive experience. I’ve found myself up late nights in the office wanting more till the very end and even then, it had left me craving for a bigger fix.
  2. It just shows a great deal of polish, few if any bugs, and a general level of completeness that it seems so few games present these days, exuding none of that get-it-out-the-door churning of so many game productions. I’m going to call it the best FPS I’ve played this year, though with "Half-Life 2" still on deck, that title might not stand for long.
  3. Tron 2.0 reinvigorates the material and delivers an excellent gaming experience. The story is okay, definitely not classic material, but the ending of the game is so anticlimactic that I had to downgrade the score from 9.0 down to a still very respectable 8.9.