6.5

1. Apr 9, 2014
    I am enjoying Two Worlds II on my Mac much much more than I did on my PS3!! I felt like with this version I was able to really sit down and connect with the game on a far more personal level! This is due largely to the fact that almost every complaint I had with the PS3 version has been fixed here! The voice acting lines up with the lip syncing, there is little to no pop in, the character models/animations have been overhauled and last but certainly not least this game has been given a huge graphical upgrade! The first time I booted it up I was taken aside by how pretty it looked! If you own a Mac or a PC and you're into RPG's you should defitniely give this one a try now! Its truly an amazing game with one of the best fantasy worlds I have ever seen and you're not going to find a better version of it on the market! Expand
  2. Mar 10, 2014
    For anybody who have played predecessor this is by far more balanced, stable, nicer, enjoyable.
    More or less typical free world third person RPG if you like such games you should try it.

The most outstanding thing would be magic system.You are using set of cards you can buy or find to create spell. For example you can use card for fire and missile an you have fireball than you can add
    card for bouncing and the missile fill hit more targets. Use summoning cards with different card and would summon different types of creatures.

The story is quiet nice with complementary twist, starting few years after end of first game it once again revolves around your sister being prisoner of Gandahar, nothing too deep, but standart for this types of RPG. There is plenty of side quest for guilds or common folks.

I would like to mention horse riding as it is done bit differently as we are used to and you have to goad the horse to have good speed constantly this feel more realistic then just push forward button.You can also sail (you new to use wind properly) which was also nice diversification.

There is new upgrade system when you can deconstruct old items to upgrade new one you can also use pigments to recolor your cloths and add jewels to add magic properties. You need to have skill for this. There is also crafting skill for alchemy.

There is enough of different environments and you will visits savannas, dessert, jungle, swaps, magically corrupted lands and one big desert and one big oriental city. Each type of environment have its own typical inhabitants.

Fight is pretty classic system of hit and cover melee combat, ranged attacks and mage casting with stuff used for covering and hitting. You can also use various skills to enhance you fighting capabilities or use traps to help yourself. Enemies have small icons that represents their resistances so you can pick up most suitable weapon/spell to kill them.

I got from the game what I was expecting and saw few original features, graphic was nice and game was long, but not to long so something above 8.5 should be appropriate for it.
  3. Dec 22, 2013
    The good things..., no i mean the GREAT things in this game will make easily you forgive the minor flaws you'd pay to experience greatest sensations that gaming can give this is worth your time!
  4. Feb 1, 2013
    I've got the Velvet GOTY version of this game, and it is excellent. Just looking at 2 negative reviews below (by Scytale and R3ct4ngle), these are very indicative of the negative reviews I've read here and elsewhere: these people did not put any time into the game, probably embarrassed to say they didn't get to the 2nd island because they couldn't kill Groms and do not have one ounce of truth in anything they've said. The quests aren't your usual rigamarole, on a lot of them you don't know what to expect when you get to your site of interest, these sort of people give up on them before they complete them. Lose interest? Try some of the Skyrim quests, go get this, bring it back and that's pretty much it. The only way to know for yourself is to get a game yourself and test it, you can't trust reviews when you get total lies like that. The Velvet GOTY is hard to find now but it's the version I'm playing with and it is incredible, I'm 60 hours in and according to the map, I haven't even touched the main island yet. However, you can't review the Velvet GOTY version here, for some reason this site thinks it hasn't been released yet. It's better than Skyrim in many respects: faster load times, no crashes or lockups yet, towns with people are more realistic, far more of a range of types of beasts and monsters to kill (spiders are no pushovers in TWII), dungeons that actually have to be charted and DON'T lead you by the hand like Skyrim, more interesting quests. It's much less of a grind to play because of these things and much more interesting. If you can find the Velvet GOTY, do it and buy and extra copy to sell on Ebay, they are RARE now (even more RARE are the strategy guides). Expand
  5. May 4, 2012
    This game exceeded most of my expectations. I first picked up the game off of Origin because the Velvet Edition was only 19.99. From the mixed reviews online, I was very skeptical. When I started to play, my whole view changed. The Graphics are simply beautiful. I spent my first half hour in the game just running around seeing everything that the game had in store. My only complaints of the game are that the story is not amazing (but still decent) and that some of the voice acting can suffer from time to time. Otherwise the combat is very well done and the graphics blew my mind. The multiplayer feature is also very well done and it is very fun to roam the lands with up to 8 friends and do quests. I would definitely recommend this game to people who love RPG's and love beautiful graphics. Expand
  6. Jan 31, 2012
    Je lui met un 10, non pas pour le niveau des graphismes. Seulement je pense qu'un Two Worlds Avec plus de monde serait sympa, plutôt que de jouer tout seul. je met donc un 10 pour inviter aux joueurs de l'acheter car c'est un très bon jeu, plus MMORPG que multijoueur.
  7. Aug 3, 2011
    Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!
  8. Jul 5, 2011
    This game is one of the most well rounded SP RPG's i have seen.
    The crafting is fantastic as well as the magic and alchemy abilities.
    You can do it all in this game, horses to ride, every weapon you can think of and a great system for quest tracking and mapping. it may have a bug here and there but i have not found them.
    the voice acting isnt perfect and the cut scenes maybe alittle
    dated but you won't notice as the hours fly by with everything else. I love being able to upgrade my current gear my dismantling other items.
    If you want to see what Gothic COULD have been and enjoy the hell out of a game get this one. thumbs way up guys great job.
  9. May 17, 2011
    The magic system in this game is the best magic system I have ever come across in any rpg. EVER you can create a nearly unlimited number of spell combinations.Once you get into this game it is just so addictive theres so many armours and weopens to collect that you will spend a very long time trying to get them all! Very fun game!
  10. Apr 23, 2011
    This game gets a 10 just to cancel out DrHappy's 0. Nowhere in his asinine rant, or anywhere in the long-winded destrucoid article he links to, is there anything that even remotely resembles an actual fact.

A bunch of conjecture from....wait for it....anonymous sources. Why don't these folks man up and say what they think, and then stand behind it? Smells fishy to me.

Incidentally, this
    game is very enjoyable and is much improved from its predecessor. Reviews in the 7/10 to 8/10 range are right on the money here. Expand
  11. Apr 3, 2011
    The best RPG since oblivion, this game is an underrated fine piece of RPG gaming. A bold statement? Yes. A false statement? No. First off, ==Gameplay== The game play is solid and moving around feels great even while sprinting which may I add looks amazing. The combat can seem a bit daunting and difficult at first, especially as a mage but you'll soon find yourself slaying many of the creatures TW2 has to offer and having a hell of alot of fun while doing so.

Melee combat itself is great with nice fluid block and counter mechanics that look amazing, melee combat is refreshingly dynamic in the sense that it isn't the same attack animation over and over until the bad guy is dead. Take dual wielding for example, your character fights with such grace and graphical brilliance you'll sometimes check twice your not watching a well choreographed cinematic.

Magic combat is, I found at least, hard to begin with because early in the game you don't really put out enough damage to stop whatever fiend your attacking from getting close and bashing your face in. It can be off putting but stick to it because mage gets VERY VERY good. And once you get a nice set of robes a nice staff and some of your very own made spells, yes you can make your own spells, you'll soon be commanding undead minions or hurling bouncing fire bolts at enemies in no time.

Ranged combat is very nice in TW2 and looks great, although in some places such as caves and small rooms you can often find yourself overwhelmed and having to retreat to a safe distance or fire as many arrows into the bad guys face while hoping you don't die. This is to be expected however, because let's face it a rangers combat prowess lies in distance and boy in distance landscapes (Of which TW2 has alot of) you will find yourself happily using enemies as a pin cushion before they even think of getting close.

Now, stealth combat. Stealth combat in TW2 is somewhat strange because it's not a full class in it's own right because it lacks any combat skills which is a shame because while you can fight with a dagger it's just a simple 3 hit combo. Stealth is more of a utility rather than combat class because you can pick pocket, pick locks, one hit kill people in the back, sneak around and place traps.

Crafting is great and you can upgrade all your weapons and armour, so that trusty sword you got at level 15 may very well be at your side at level 20 while you slice and dice your enemies. You can add special gems to weapons and armour to give them effects such as fire, ice , lightning etc. Most of the time it's better to dismantle any unwanted loot rather than sell it so you can use the materials to upgrade your own equipment.

Making potions is your typical throw ingredients in a pot and click create. And hoping you get something decent after. You can save recipes if you find a suitably good recipe to save time and effort when you want to make x amount of them.

==Graphics==

Just wow. Easily the best looking RPG to date there is no doubting that, the world looks amazing the armours all look amazing, weapons look amazing. Pretty much everything looks amazing and the game is pretty well optimized too. One thing that really stood out for me is just how good open landscapes look, they look incredible sometimes the lighting can seem overdone and sometimes blinding but other than that you will be opened mouthed, wide eyed and in amazement of what's being displayed on your screen.

==Sound==

The music is very nice and 9 times out of 10 suits the town or zone your in just perfectly. The voice acting is great, unlike the first game which was sadly not very good. Your character sounds suitably bad ass and not in the cheesy try-hard to be bad ass sense, he sounds great. And other NPCs sound great with a very few voices inducing face-palm moments.

The combat sounds great with clangs and bangs having a nice sounding ring to them rather than a sound engineer whacking a can of beans with a spoon. Magic sounds great and casting them cues your character to chant magical words which sounds great. Ranged combat hasn't been left in the dark in the sound department, whizzing arrows sound nice and when they hit something they sound great.

==Story==

Well it can seem quite confusing at first but once you get to grips with it, it does seem good. Although the story is easily the weakest point about TW2 and is why im only giving it a 9 instead of a 10. Don't let this discourage you from purchasing this fine game however, the gameplay MORE than makes up for it.
  12. Mar 12, 2011
    Unexpected good game, could not play a 1st one. There are still a lot of places to grow, but a huge amount of good things already there. Several great side quests, amazing fighting, graphics in general, big world, most of time great story, craft is blowminded. Just try it.
  13. Mar 1, 2011
    One of the better RPG's I have played this year. The story tends to be a little weak and suffer from translation in places but the game itself will quickly have you forgetting there even IS a story. Good ol' fashioned hack and slashery!

Also the magic system is absurdly addictive. Making new spells can easily eat up a gaming session as you try just one more tweak....hrmm and what if I
    tried that....
    The multiplayer is strong and the co-op is perfect for that weekly "few buddies over" evening gaming session.
  14. Feb 9, 2011
    Certainly there are flaws with the game, some of the animations are less than stellar, the combat needs some work, and the interface could be better, but all of the issues i've encountered pale in comparison to the pure addictive fun that the game has to offer. It's been a long time since I've played a game that makes me forget to eat and sleep for hours on end, but I find it easy to lose myself in this game. I'm sure this game isn't for everyone, but if you love a good fantasy RPG I doubt you will be disappointed by Two Worlds II. Expand
  15. Jul 5, 2011
    This game is one of the most well rounded SP RPG's i have seen.
    The crafting is fantastic as well as the magic and alchemy abilities.
    the voice acting isnt perfect and the cut scenes maybe alittle

1. Mar 19, 2011
    Two Worlds 2 is disappointingly flawed and frequently clunky but, if you can tough it out, can also be extraordinarily rewarding.
  2. Mar 18, 2011
    The best RPG we've played in a long time. [Apr 2011, p.101]
  3. Mar 3, 2011
    And you know what? It's still fun despite the terrible story and stupid enemy A.I. I respect a game that gives me so much to do, so many areas to explore, so many customization options, and so many quests. I had a lot of fun with Two Worlds II, and while the story annoys me in its second act, I do see myself giving it another go at a later date.