UFO: Extraterrestrials PC

7.1

1. IUnderwhelmed
    May 8, 2007
    It's an Xcom clone, no doubt about it, and while it doesn't go out of it's way to be unique or set itself apart from the classic title, UFO:ET is something that all of the UFO: titles are not: A really good game, and a really good remake of the original.
  2. LukasK.
    May 2, 2007
    Graphic 8. Story 6. Sound 6. Playable 6. If some good patch don't come soon I will regret my money because the game crush at least once during each mission. "Normal" difficulty is something like "insane". If you like old ufo:enemy unknown style you will love this game but I'm not very consern that this game will overrun UFO:afterlight not even UFO:afterschock. There is no Graphic 8. Story 6. Sound 6. Playable 6. If some good patch don't come soon I will regret my money because the game crush at least once during each mission. "Normal" difficulty is something like "insane". If you like old ufo:enemy unknown style you will love this game but I'm not very consern that this game will overrun UFO:afterlight not even UFO:afterschock. There is no diplomacy in game. No resources. Just money that came from states. Well It's UFO:enemy unknown in 3D which doesn't work very well. Expand
  3. Nov 24, 2012
    UFO: Extraterrestrials is a recreation of X-Com where you fight an alien race from invading Earth by building bases, researching new weapons, recruiting marines and taking the fight to the aliens in turn-based ground-combat. UFO: Extraterrestrials Gold Edition has the added bonus that it comes with a lot of modifications that make the game more true to the original or simply lessUFO: Extraterrestrials is a recreation of X-Com where you fight an alien race from invading Earth by building bases, researching new weapons, recruiting marines and taking the fight to the aliens in turn-based ground-combat. UFO: Extraterrestrials Gold Edition has the added bonus that it comes with a lot of modifications that make the game more true to the original or simply less frustrating. Before you start a game, it is worth checking out all the options to make sure they're set to your expectations. Recommended for any one who enjoys turn-based squad-combat games if you can look beyond the horrible, horrible graphics! Expand
  4. May 5, 2015
    This is a short review for the gold version.The gold version contains some mods and all patches when you buy it, so my review might not apply to the base game!

There is nothing special to say, you know the genre, you know how the game works.This game is a remake of the original X-Com and stays close to the course material.I know the game had issues when they released it, i had no bugs at all!THe gameplay is old-school, keep that in mind!

Visuals:The game is not a beauty, but it fullfills it purpose.

Sound:Some good backroundmusic, weaponsounds are ok, nothing special here.

Gameplay:Like i said, very oldschool.It takes X-Com and adds some features, most of them work very well.A good example is the resistance type that armor and enemys have.Some are immune to fire or poison, others are weak to that damagetype and so on.That adds some tactical depth i think.

Conclusion:I had so much fun with the game.Much more fun when i compare it to the new x-com or Xenonauts.The reason is that this game takes the best parts and adds something new, something that i missed in Xenonauts.The artstyle is nice for my taste.Without the bugs this game comes close to the first X-Com and maybe is better in some points.But some things are clunky, because of that its only a 7 which is much higher than my score for Xenonauts ;)

UFO: Extraterrestrials has largely managed to capture the elements that made X-COM such a classic and iconic game. Almost nothing about the game can labeled as innovative or revolutionary, but it is such a well packaged refinement of a proven formula that it is hard to complain.
  2. The best that can be said about the game is that its sci-fi atmosphere and smart artificial intelligence make it a somewhat acceptable way for the desperate to whittle away a couple of dozen hours waiting for someone to finally do a proper remake of "X-COM."
  3. Overall the game is well done and will be very much enjoyed by fans of the classic X:COM games and anyone who enjoys tactical combats.