- Summary: The series evolves to a whole new level with Ultra Street Fighter IV for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC. Continuing the tradition of excellence the series is known for, five new characters and six new stages have been added for even more fighting mayhem, with rebalanced gameplay andThe series evolves to a whole new level with Ultra Street Fighter IV for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC. Continuing the tradition of excellence the series is known for, five new characters and six new stages have been added for even more fighting mayhem, with rebalanced gameplay and original modes topping off this offering.… Expand
Oct 24, 20146 new stages and 5 new characters – sounds great until you realize that ‘new’ means ‘borrowed from Street Fighter X Tekken’ (with the exception of Decapre, which is a Cammy clone with an interesting move set). [Nov 2014, p.61]
Sep 10, 2014This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I gotta say. Every characters all are epically awesome. Its great that they even added some more of the classic characters to this IV ultra. I truly enjoyed playing this ultra edition of the game. I will still give this a fairly high rating even though it has some bugs.… Expand
May 3, 2015Ultra Street Fighter IV is one of the best fighting games on PC, that is no doubt. Flashy combos, new characters,... are the things you willUltra Street Fighter IV is one of the best fighting games on PC, that is no doubt. Flashy combos, new characters,... are the things you will have in this game, and, surprisingly enough, those are also what you're looking for in a Street Fighter title.… Expand
Aug 13, 2014The last and definitive edition of Street Fighter IV is here and the classic mechanic of the series are intact.
In my opinion this is theThe last and definitive edition of Street Fighter IV is here and the classic mechanic of the series are intact.
In my opinion this is the best fighting game ever made. This is the most complete Street Fighter game. without the GFWL and full steamworks are good... Ok, there are some bugs but it's Capcom and this developers read the forums and listen the people. I think all bugs will be solved, AAA+++… Expand
Aug 9, 2014Well, this is the ultimate version of Street Fighter IV.
This game features five more characters and stages, most of them copy-pasted fromWell, this is the ultimate version of Street Fighter IV.
This game features five more characters and stages, most of them copy-pasted from Street Fighter X Tekken as well as some balance updates too.
You know what Street Fighter IV is all about, granted you've not been living in a cave with Gollum for the past 5 years. This is simply the most played versus fighting game online (ever ?).
The community is really active, so you always find an opponent online which is a cool thing with games that mostly rely on the multiplayer modes (Too bad King Of Fighters XIII Steam Edition is only haunted by a few ghosts by the way).
There are several "problems" with this game/dlc as of now:
- You have to pay about 15$ to update a 5 years old game. "Next-gen" consoles have been out for about a year now. Couldn't they just develop Street Fighter V with updated graphics, new mechanics and REALLY new characters ?
- There are some balance problems with some overpowered characters like T. Hawk who is the perfect example right now. Guess it will be fixed with a forthcoming update.
People who bought all the costumes DLC on GWFL were screwed with the Steamworks transition. They're pricy as hell !
- The netcode is a disaster since the Steamworks transition. Don't try to improve your ranking right now, you could be crushed by a beginner because of the lag. This is a shame since SSFIVAE had been on Steam for about 4 months, they could have fixed the netcode during that period and even more pathetic since the multiplayer modes at the core of this game. Capcom are working on it. Let's hope it works.
- The OST is disgusting to me. As a SNK fan, that music just feels bland, random. Not catchy at all.
I'd have given this game a 8/10 if it weren't for the crappy netcode issues. With a good netcode only the crappy music, the cash cow DLC thing and the 5 year old graphics engine would help this game from becoming the perfect Street Fighter game.… Expand
Oct 29, 2014I have played and followed this game for a long time, but I cannot recommend it for several reasons. First of all, the PC version isI have played and followed this game for a long time, but I cannot recommend it for several reasons. First of all, the PC version is unplayable at current. This is not a single-player game. Unless you want to do the trials (which I spent most of my time doing), you won't have fun offline. To really experience this game, you need to play against human opponents. The online on PC is extremely laggy and inconsistent and slow in terms of the matchmaking process. But the other reasons I wouldn't recommend it are as follows:
Too dependent on match-up knowledge. You can't counter-pick, which forces you to learn ONE character and learn them well. Unfortunately, this is easier said than done. After having cleared all trials and experimenting with every character I still haven't found one that works for me. Whether I win or lose seems to be decided mostly at the character select screen. My performance is not representative of my skill level due to the character I have chosen vs the character my opponent has chosen.
No opportunity to use combos. This might sound like a noob thing to say but despite having excellent execution when in training mode I can never combo anything online not because I can't make the links, but because the opportunity to use it is rarely there. The risk vs reward makes it difficult to justify at times. This combined with the non-existent juggling mechanics mean you have to rely on bread-and-butter combos. This makes the game far too "flow-charty".
Too much poking. Everything in this game feels safe and hard to punish.
And finally, the most important one: NO TUTORIAL. This game is about as accessible as twister is for wheelchair users. There's nothing in the game to help you. Altthough the strategy and fundamentals might be intuitive, the controls and mechanics take a lot of practice and aren't actually all that satisfying. The game requires frame-perfect timing and is infuriating if you don't have the patience.
Don't get me wrong, this is by far my most played game and I've had some great moments on it, but to me it's more fun to watch others play it (e.g. Excellent Adventures). As a spectator game, it's often more exciting. But to play? It's more frustrating than rewarding.… Expand
Sep 13, 2014Should have been a free patch.
I already own SFxT and multiple copies of SSF4AE - I'm upset that I had to buy this game again to access theseShould have been a free patch.
I already own SFxT and multiple copies of SSF4AE - I'm upset that I had to buy this game again to access these characters.
New characters are from SFxT (or use the Cammy model with some tweaks).
Hold out for Mega-Super-Duper-Streetfighter IV Turbo Hyper Fighting Champions Edition.
Capcom hates its loyal customers.… Expand
Nov 22, 2014this game is the worst piece of crap i have ever played there is no instructions as to the rules and combos are almost impossible it lag andthis game is the worst piece of crap i have ever played there is no instructions as to the rules and combos are almost impossible it lag and i have an intel core i5 processor… Expand