- Summary: The series evolves to a whole new level with Ultra Street Fighter IV for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC. Continuing the tradition of excellence the series is known for, five new characters and six new stages have been added for even more fighting mayhem, with rebalanced gameplay and original modes topping off this offering.… Expand
Positive: 3 out of 3
Mixed: 0 out of 3
Negative: 0 out of 3
Aug 13, 2014The last and definitive edition of Street Fighter IV is here and the classic mechanic of the series are intact.
In my opinion this is the best fighting game ever made. This is the most complete Street Fighter game. without the GFWL and full steamworks are good... Ok, there are some bugs but it's Capcom and this developers read the forums and listen the people. I think all bugs will be solved, AAA+++… Expand
Sep 8, 2014The final iteration (allegedly) of Street Fighter 4 is here! Ultra has certain issues with online play, but that will undoubtedly be addressed by Capcom in no-time. Other than that, everything that makes this franchise great is here plus the new chars & stages (although copy-pasted from SFxT), new mechanics and new tweaks. Played it for a few weeks now and the overall impression is most positive. Still the best fighting game out there by far!… Expand
Sep 10, 2014This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I gotta say. Every characters all are epically awesome. Its great that they even added some more of the classic characters to this IV ultra. I truly enjoyed playing this ultra edition of the game. I will still give this a fairly high rating even though it has some bugs.… Expand
Aug 9, 2014Well, this is the ultimate version of Street Fighter IV.
This game features five more characters and stages, most of them copy-pasted from Street Fighter X Tekken as well as some balance updates too.
You know what Street Fighter IV is all about, granted you've not been living in a cave with Gollum for the past 5 years. This is simply the most played versus fighting game online (ever ?).
The community is really active, so you always find an opponent online which is a cool thing with games that mostly rely on the multiplayer modes (Too bad King Of Fighters XIII Steam Edition is only haunted by a few ghosts by the way).
There are several "problems" with this game/dlc as of now:
- You have to pay about 15$ to update a 5 years old game. "Next-gen" consoles have been out for about a year now. Couldn't they just develop Street Fighter V with updated graphics, new mechanics and REALLY new characters ?
- There are some balance problems with some overpowered characters like T. Hawk who is the perfect example right now. Guess it will be fixed with a forthcoming update.
People who bought all the costumes DLC on GWFL were screwed with the Steamworks transition. They're pricy as hell !
- The netcode is a disaster since the Steamworks transition. Don't try to improve your ranking right now, you could be crushed by a beginner because of the lag. This is a shame since SSFIVAE had been on Steam for about 4 months, they could have fixed the netcode during that period and even more pathetic since the multiplayer modes at the core of this game. Capcom are working on it. Let's hope it works.
- The OST is disgusting to me. As a SNK fan, that music just feels bland, random. Not catchy at all.
I'd have given this game a 8/10 if it weren't for the crappy netcode issues. With a good netcode only the crappy music, the cash cow DLC thing and the 5 year old graphics engine would help this game from becoming the perfect Street Fighter game.… Expand
Sep 13, 2014Should have been a free patch.
I already own SFxT and multiple copies of SSF4AE - I'm upset that I had to buy this game again to access these characters.
New characters are from SFxT (or use the Cammy model with some tweaks).
Hold out for Mega-Super-Duper-Streetfighter IV Turbo Hyper Fighting Champions Edition.
Capcom hates its loyal customers.… Expand