Uncharted Waters Online PC

7.2

1. Nov 24, 2010
    I found that the game is very amazing, a slow beginning... I got a little problems in finding my whereabouts... such as how to sail properly and how to equip your vessel (Armor, sailors, provisions, cannons). Then I bought some clothing just to find that the student uniform was better than anything I could buy at the moment. Final thoughts... It could use some maneuverability and someI found that the game is very amazing, a slow beginning... I got a little problems in finding my whereabouts... such as how to sail properly and how to equip your vessel (Armor, sailors, provisions, cannons). Then I bought some clothing just to find that the student uniform was better than anything I could buy at the moment. Final thoughts... It could use some maneuverability and some speed up on the teaching process... At the end is a nice game also a F2P (Free to play) who has a lot of details and fair quests. Expand
  2. Jul 10, 2013
    This is, as many people have noted, a slow game to get started in. The focus in UWO is on trade, rather than combat, and some people don't like that. Personally, I like it a lot. The crafting system is fairly well developed, and the trade, adventure, and combat skills can be made to dovetail very nicely. For instance: As an adventurer, you can go out and find raw materials. As aThis is, as many people have noted, a slow game to get started in. The focus in UWO is on trade, rather than combat, and some people don't like that. Personally, I like it a lot. The crafting system is fairly well developed, and the trade, adventure, and combat skills can be made to dovetail very nicely. For instance: As an adventurer, you can go out and find raw materials. As a trader, you can use cooking and handicrafts skills to turn them into useful items, which you can use in combat. Since you can learn all of those skills in the same character, you can see how good planning can make life easier.

That said, no one can have all the skills: the maximum you can have at the moment is something like 60, and there are a lot more skills than that. That's where Companies and other players come in. In some companies, people specialize: one person learns cooking and sewing (which work well together), one learns casting and handicrafts, one learns ship building, and so on. That way each player always has someone they can go to to get a specific item they need.

In response to some complaints:

A lot of new players are turned off by the length of the school, which is the tutorial in this game.

Here's the thing, though: The school is not a requirement. It is the fastest way to learn the game, the fastest way to earn experience at low levels, and the fastest way to get good ships in the beginning of the game. This is a tremendously complex game, and it's not really practical to try to learn everything yourself. But if you really insist on not going through the school, you don't have to: you can try to learn the system on your own, or have your friends try to teach you. It's probably possible, but it wouldn't be easy.

Overall, I love this game. It has some quirks, and there are some things that were poorly thought out (one of those is the economy, which is currently suffering from some truly spectacular inflation), but overall it's a fun game, with a community that's mostly very good.
  3. Oct 19, 2013
    Оne of the the best MMORPG, very rich on adventures and interesting game, absolutely free world, your choice evolve of your character and game way to play.
    Can say never play so flexible game before.
    Can't agree when ppl say game not oriented on battle... There are many thing trying to destroy you, Pirates, NPCs, People, what making this game quite hard and cerifull to play, one mistake
    Can say never play so flexible game before.
    Can't agree when ppl say game not oriented on battle...
    There are many thing trying to destroy you, Pirates, NPCs, People, what making this game quite hard and cerifull to play, one mistake can easily terminates you, good cooperativecrafttrade option, becoming adventurer gives you lot of land battles, dungeon explorations and quite interesting journeys, if become solder or pirate you are more navi warrior with good strategic battle system, no matter you're pirate or bounty hunter. Game is absolutely free in your choices, do you make rules here and not quests like "go kill 10 X, then go kill 20 X,then go kill 30 X", or like "you're the postman so go take this letter to man who is standing near me" atc...But be ready for long and hard game, here you will not get fast lvls, so you must have much patience and create a strategy before you did something in game and many kids don't like it, so there you see much balanced, stable, with who you will have fun.
    I mean here your choice and you strategy makes your gameplay and not the quests, mobs, NPC, aggressive people or story, here you're writing your story.
  4. Mar 15, 2016
    So where should I start of. Mind blowing game constantly have something to do though some are easy others are not. I could write a thousand possible positive perks. The best way to explain how Awesome the game is is just to tell you if your a player that has not ever choose a long term game and are looking for something that is free, most likely you should download it and give it a try. ISo where should I start of. Mind blowing game constantly have something to do though some are easy others are not. I could write a thousand possible positive perks. The best way to explain how Awesome the game is is just to tell you if your a player that has not ever choose a long term game and are looking for something that is free, most likely you should download it and give it a try. I have been Sailing On Gama server 5 years. IGN Jantzen . I have never regretted the day I left port. Yup yup. stated the game as a Simple fisher now I consider myself a fisher with Wanted Traits. Constantly Fighting that Urge to Pirate and take other players Cargo. Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Certainly there are some similar games out there, but of them all I'd have to say UWO is a diamond among the rest of the common jewels.