8.5

1. Oct 13, 2011
    All in all, the story line seems pretty good. However after playing for a dozen or so hours, I discovered that it randomly crashes, constantly sending me backwards, which is VERY frustrating. Along side some very... odd behavior from certain units. I had a walker take off on me, wandering through areas where nothing was supposed to be able to walk through, which confused the AI and madeAll in all, the story line seems pretty good. However after playing for a dozen or so hours, I discovered that it randomly crashes, constantly sending me backwards, which is VERY frustrating. Along side some very... odd behavior from certain units. I had a walker take off on me, wandering through areas where nothing was supposed to be able to walk through, which confused the AI and made it's legs freeze and basically do circles. It had the potential to be a really good game, however the flaws within the game make it not worth the 20 price tag. Luckily I bought it on sale, so I don't feel completely ripped off. Expand
  2. Jul 18, 2011
    Where is the story ? Is that a scenario ? The game is finished in one day - the movie is poor and character stuck - but well the badest thing is the story ... so quick ! Too bad - but this game become fastly boring with time.

1. Universe at War is a good title, but it isn't without it's flaws. As-is, though, Universe at War is a comfortable ride. [Dec 2007, p.64]
    Sophistication's not UAW's strong suit: It flaunts its influences on its sleeve and thrives on its absurd outlandishness -- an exploitation RTS, suitable for midnight screenings.
  3. RTS fans would do well to investigate Universe at War. [Dec 2007, p.96]