Unreal Tournament 2004 PC

8.9

1. Dec 14, 2015
    At the moment of its release and for about 7 years after this game was one of the best online shooters. Well balanced weapons, interesting maps designed to have no camping spots, capable bots. The excellent voice announcements ("headshot!" "godlike!") which you probably heard re-used on private servers of Counter-Strike.
  2. Mar 16, 2014
    This is still the best multiplayer FPS in mine opinion. The movement is fast and gun play is just best from all UT games. Another awesome thing about this game is the large number of maps and very solid number of mods.
  3. Jan 17, 2014
    words can't be spoken and this game is a legend on pc
    i enjoy playing custom mods on games but this has way better use for them then the others that i have played
    one thing that i like is Gameplay and guns
    that all i have say
  4. Sep 5, 2012
    If you fancy a fast paced multi-player FPS, this this your game. Not much to say, this game was a blast online and some of the battles are down-right intense! I switched between this and Counter-Strike 1.6 back in the day, both were equally fun and rewarding in their own sense. Like I said, this game is not for everybody, but if you can handle the action you'll have yourself a good time.
  5. Oct 24, 2011
    One of the best SP & MP games of all time. The music wasn't as great as the original but the graphics are technically the best out of this and works well in most PCs. The game modes and the multiplayer are some of the best out of this awesome game. The add-ons and custom maps are a huge hit as well.
  6. Jun 29, 2013
    In my view the best multiplayer shooter of all time together with counterstrike and quake 3. But I prefer UT2k4... It is fast and gives a lot of possibilities to attack. You have to learn a lot, even the movement is a difficult and interesting. Graphic is very nice too. Some sounds are legendary even until today. A shame what happened with UT3
  7. Dec 12, 2013
    This game is the best video game I have ever played by far. It is definitely the perfect multiplayer shooter in just about every way. In case you are wondering why I think this game is so awesome, let's start with the gameplay. This game is not the usual class-based FPS like Team Fortress 2 or Battlefield. It is actually similar to earlier games such as John Romero's Doom or Quake inThis game is the best video game I have ever played by far. It is definitely the perfect multiplayer shooter in just about every way. In case you are wondering why I think this game is so awesome, let's start with the gameplay. This game is not the usual class-based FPS like Team Fortress 2 or Battlefield. It is actually similar to earlier games such as John Romero's Doom or Quake in which there are no classes, and everyone can have the same weapons. This is a very good system, as it means that no units can overpower another, and no one has any real advantage or disadvantage. This is a very good system, and I only wish more shooters followed that trend nowadays. The rest of the gameplay is separated into different modes. There is Deathmatch, which pits everyone against each other in a free-for-all, where people have to score the most points in order to win. There is also Team Deathmatch, which is similar to normal Deathmatch, but now pits two teams against each other, rather than a free-for-all. There is also Capture the Flag, which has the straight-forward goal of capturing the enemy team's flag while defending your own. Then there is assault, which is a unique mode that pits two teams against each other with one on offense, and the other on defense. The offense needs to complete its objectives before time runs out, while defense needs to prevent them from doing so. The teams then switch, and the new offensive team has to beat the opposing team's time. There is also onslaught which takes people out of the large corridors of normal Unreal Tournament games, and takes them into full-scale battles in which you need to destroy the enemy team's power core to win. Then there is mutant mode, where once a player scores a kill, he becomes a mutant, and thus the target of the other players. The mutant is an overpowered unit, and is hard to kill. There is also invasion, which involves three players fighting for survival against wave after wave of enemies. Finally, there is last man standing, which is like Deathmatch, but each player now has limited lives, and once they lose those lives, they're out. These are all very creative modes, and they ensure that you will not get tired of the game very easily. This game also has great graphics. Admittedly they were much better back when this game was released in 2004, (they are dated by today's standards), however, I still say they're great nonetheless. As for the story, it's very simplistic. You make a character, and have him complete in every event in the Unreal Tournament. Even though the story is simplistic however, it is still very good. After all, this game doesn't need a massive storyline to be awesome. The story of this game is definitely good enough to get the job done, and that's all that really matters. Overall, I'd say that this game is excellent. There is really nothing wrong with this game in the slightest. It has amazing gameplay with silky smooth controls, great graphics, and a great story. If you do not have this game, for goodness sake, you need to buy it now! It is cheap on Steam, or you can get this game, along with the Unreal Deal Pack (includes this plus all of the Unreal games in one package) for the price of a newly released game. Heck, buy the whole package if you really want to. All of the games on there are excellent. Expand
  8. Dec 24, 2015
    GODDMAN THIS GAME IS GREAT! This is no doubt a legendary shooter that everybody ever interested in multiplayer FPS should play. This is one of those titles that have carved their names on the very core of video gaming. You shouldn't be even reading any reviews for it, you should try if you haven't and you should smile and nod your head while reading this if you have.
  9. Sep 12, 2010
    What makes this fun is how easily you can mod it. It is a showcase game for the Unreal engine, and as such, you can create your own skins and import them, change settings around to make things interesting (instagib, the one shot KO modified laser rifle mode.) Mind you the game has no plot at all and is repetitive, but its fun, and does what it is supposed to do.
  10. Aug 24, 2011
    awesome game, its old, but it surprisingly aged quite well. just the sheer mayhem of the fights is really fun, and it really does what its meant to do quite well, give you a satisfying multiplayer experience. given that it doesnt actually take itself all too seriously, it really allows them to give a truly fun and somewhat silly experience for anyone looking to have some mindless fun withawesome game, its old, but it surprisingly aged quite well. just the sheer mayhem of the fights is really fun, and it really does what its meant to do quite well, give you a satisfying multiplayer experience. given that it doesnt actually take itself all too seriously, it really allows them to give a truly fun and somewhat silly experience for anyone looking to have some mindless fun with an FPS game. Expand
  11. Aug 5, 2013
    One of the best arena shooters, if not FPS games ever made. Just wish it still had a large online following as most servers are ghost towns now...truly tragic.
  12. Dec 9, 2012
    Solid game-play, still good graphics, solid bot mechanics, good layout, cool maps, cool game modes, and good multiplayer. At a price of $13.59 on steam, with Unreal Tournament, Unreal Tournament III, Unreal, and Unreal II: The Awakening, this is an amazing deal and a must own NOW.
  13. Feb 8, 2012
    UT2004:
    UT2004:
    One of my most favorite game. There are lots of game modes you can try. The original Deathmatch and CTF mode returns right here with some extra modes. I liked the Onslaught mode. It's very addicting and can waste you up hours to play. The addition of vehicles just made the game a lot more complete. If you think that the game is not balanced, there are mutators for you to add and configure. The bots are quite challenging and you can add up to 32 bots. The weapons are amazing and packs lot of punch. The graphics are decent for the time, but it's great. And if you get bored, there are thousands of custom maps and mods that you can download for free (especially Red Orchestra).
  14. Jul 30, 2012
    Together with Quake, this series is one of the best FPS series of all time.. mastering this game online is a real Challenge. Much different to today's game's like BF3 or MW3.
  15. Jul 25, 2011
    This game is probably one of the best fps games I HAVE EVER PLAYED it has amazing graphics for a game made in 2004,it meets most players' need for fast past run-n-gun action,it has TONS of maps and game modes, and is really customizable! two thumbs up and a 10/10 for epic games who's name speaks for how good their games are.......EPIC!
  16. Sep 7, 2011
    The most fun I've ever had over a LAN party, this game elicits the greatest physiological response, epic win. Whether it's running ragged with the flag in Capture the Flag, tossing the bomb in Bombing run, or running down the opposition while providing a surf of the manta in Assault or Onslaught, there is no comparison.

It's a freaking blast.
  17. Oct 22, 2015
    Fun and entertaining! That's my impression after playing this game. The graphic is neat and beautiful, but do not burden the computer. Everything is designed properly; maps, gameplay, sounds, musics, characters, vehicles, nature, and others. It's just that I feel less comfortable when using a sniper rifle, smoke blocking the view and making framerate decreases dramatically.
  18. Aug 21, 2012
    This is the last good Unreal Tournament, a very good game, a decent sequel to the series. As usual a new Unreal Tournament game released at the same time as the new Unreal Engine, that means great graphics, and revolutionary advances in gaming! A great game,let's hope that with Unreal Engine 4 will come Unreal Tournament 4 and it should be like this game not the crappy Unreal Tournament 3.
  19. Dec 26, 2013
    This is the best unreal they have made to date, UT3 is so graphical intense that it needs a $300 graphics card and maybe a $200 CPU and a very high priced board. Now UT2004 can be played on all typed of machines high and low all WBGS members play this game well and enjoy the fast paced action.At times people can be so skilled you think they are hacking, that's where Wrex comes in thanks toThis is the best unreal they have made to date, UT3 is so graphical intense that it needs a $300 graphics card and maybe a $200 CPU and a very high priced board. Now UT2004 can be played on all typed of machines high and low all WBGS members play this game well and enjoy the fast paced action.At times people can be so skilled you think they are hacking, that's where Wrex comes in thanks to Wrex they really made it so we can eliminate hackers since there really is no anti cheat system.Playing this with friends is awesome also thanks to Mr.Pants and Extreme OverKill mod this is one of the best games. Remember play in servers you know and trust not random server you don't, Also just because they are populated and have a big name don't mean anything take precaution. Expand
  20. May 29, 2016
    Unreal Tournament 2004 is a game that shows that in 2004 the games were very good. The game has very good graphics for its time and a GREAT gameplay! This is a game that I will cherish forever. One of the ways I've played most is the Instagib. I recommend you download the game, because you will spend the whole time playing this game, which is certainly a great game made by Epic Games. OneUnreal Tournament 2004 is a game that shows that in 2004 the games were very good. The game has very good graphics for its time and a GREAT gameplay! This is a game that I will cherish forever. One of the ways I've played most is the Instagib. I recommend you download the game, because you will spend the whole time playing this game, which is certainly a great game made by Epic Games. One way I want to play a lot is the multiplayer, which should be great. The game has a variety of good weapons, and that really pleased me. Expand
  21. Jul 17, 2013
    Funny how a game released almost 10 years back is still so much fun to play. Even though I have played more recent games I always come back to it and yet it feels like the first time. Huge maps, awesome weaponry, insane game-play and the list goes on. Every installment of this series is a welcome surprise. Yeah, UT III didn't get as far, but still it's ages above its contemporaries.
  22. Dec 16, 2012
    The only fault I have with this game is it's mediocre voice acting, other than that, it is perfect.

It's fun, it's fast-paced, it's easily moddable, heaps of people still play it, it requires strategy, it has space combat and over 30 vanilla maps and 10 vanilla gamemodes, if I recall correctly.

10/10.
  23. Jan 29, 2013
    Another superb hit for the franchise, it is every bit as good as the 1999 installment. With revamped graphics and a top notch AI, Unreal Tournament 2004 guarantees an absorbing single-player campaign and endless hours of multiplayer matches with original "bombing run" and "onslaught" modes.
  24. RuinerR.
    Mar 20, 2004
    Best Online FPS ever. Anyone still playing the snoozefest that is Counterstrike or thinking about getting either of the Battlefield games needs to stop and pick this up. Onslaught alone is worth the price of admission, but they've also thrown in a revamped assault and all the old favorites as well. The engine is incredible and can be played on many subpar machines, and the online Best Online FPS ever. Anyone still playing the snoozefest that is Counterstrike or thinking about getting either of the Battlefield games needs to stop and pick this up. Onslaught alone is worth the price of admission, but they've also thrown in a revamped assault and all the old favorites as well. The engine is incredible and can be played on many subpar machines, and the online play is second to none. Incredible graphics, awesome music, coolest vehicles, and so much more, UT2004 is the definitive Online experience. Expand
  25. JonL.
    Mar 30, 2004
    Great game, moves fast without a glitch.
  26. BobW.
    Apr 24, 2004
    Only got a nine because my computer cant handle it, plays so very slow. Otherwise an extremely awesome game.
  27. AnonymousMC
    Jul 6, 2004
    this game is awesome as hell!!!!!!there are so many game modes and mods and weapons and vehicles. Jack G(ay) sucks....this game is way better than quake... its got vehicles and more game modes. and Mathheu B is a dumbass for giving it a 1. who the hell names their kid Mattheu. they should spell the damn name right.
  28. DoomHouse
    Aug 4, 2004
    Way sweet futuristic pownage game go and blow someone's head off with a laser.
  29. MattN.
    Mar 6, 2006
    An abosolutely fantastic game in every way - graphics, sound, gameplay all brilliant. If I had to pick a fault I would have to say I didn't love the assault challenges so much but that's really more of a preference than anything. For non-stop, frantic FPS fun this can't be beat (and this is just a review of the singleplayer part of the game!!).

It's a brilliant collage of smooth, polished gameplay, solid netcode, unadulterated diversity, and a frenetic pacing few games can rival.
  2. It may just be the best arcade style online shooter ever made, and it’ll likely only be unseated by next year’s incarnation.
  3. I wouldn’t hesitate to say that it’s the best pure online FPS ever made.