9.1

1. Apr 15, 2015
    One of the greatest games of all time. For a game that came out in 1999, its able to be modded to run and look nicer. Highly recommended to people looking for a GOOD fps.
  2. Mar 15, 2015
    Amazing game. Still playing it today from time to time. Variety in maps, weapons, game modes, mutators was unmatched at that time. Awesome bot AI. Low gravity matches, instagib. There was so many stuff you could do just to have fun or you could jump in multiplayer for more serious play. True classic....
  3. Feb 2, 2015
    Me too, I am wondering why this classic was never matched by a successor. Maybe that makes classics. There are slow shooters ... but for those who like to master the chaos through pure reflexes - this is the straight-forward arcade bullet!
  4. Jan 2, 2015
    One of my favourite action - both single and multiplayer FPS games of all time. Great maps various weapons all of them with second function and there are so many great mods, maps and other stuff can be found. I still prefer this to any Quake episode.
  5. Aug 5, 2014
    If there ever was THE ONE multiplayer FPS that I truly loved and overplayed to death it was the first UT. Loved the levels, the music, the modes and just the fact that I spent countless hours of pure fun with this, still playable and fun today, it seemed like all the other versions couldn't touch this and UT remains the best until this day.
  6. May 28, 2014
    For Real best FPS. Dudes i played this game like for 10 years ! I like graphics, movement, guns, oeh Deck16)) Unreal will never die. It is old school but still it is worth playing !
  7. Nov 14, 2013
    Fantastic game AKA virtual drug. Something that any fps gamer should enjoy. Fast paced old school shooter. Were skill still ment something before this new generation iron sight and regenarating health. A must own game. Buy it, play it, love it.
  8. Sep 17, 2013
    Even if Unreal Tournament is not that popular and covered by the recent FPS these days.
    If you are looking for real challenge on aiming and A LOT of game mods
    - Siege Probably the most popular one, unique game play that everyone should try - CTF Rocket-X The community is still going strong, fast-paced flying type, VERY ADDICTING - Instagib Where your true skills of aiming is showed
    If you are looking for real challenge on aiming and A LOT of game mods
    - Instagib Where your true skills of aiming is showed and where the competition is harder
    - Combo Instagib Same as above but with the Alternate Fire
    - Sniper I'm not sure if the community of Sniper are still alive, but camping there with custom maps is big win.
    - Bunny Track If you want to challenge yourself or beat a time record by *Jumping-Dodging* and beating all the obstacles, it's all about Jumping skills but it can be very frustrating

I'm probably missing some but If you want to give UT99 a try, do it before it's too late.
    A MUST TRY AND PLAY
  9. Jul 17, 2013
    This was the drug that hooked me up on FPS. I can pretty much divide my relationship with computers in before and after UT. Unreal had already blown my mind, but nothing could have prepared me for this. I have it installed in all computers I have had, without it Pc gaming is just not worth it. Get it, play it, worship it!
  10. Jun 25, 2013
    Best FPS ever. Best game I've ever played. I fell so in love with this game and with PC gaming in general...my life revolved around it for at least a year and a half. It really probably changed my life.
  11. May 11, 2013
    The game is perfect.Graphic,weapons,gameplay...almost everything.I've just against that the gameplay story should have a little better story.I wasn't finished the game,but it was the great game.Some easy levels,some hard levels,and that's the gameplay.Singleplayer should have a better story,but it's a perfect game.
  12. Jan 29, 2013
    I am not surprised to see that so many gamers gave this title a 10/10. Unreal Tournament is a pioneer in the FPS arena genre, introducing original map modes that offered enthralling multiplayer matches. Excellent graphics for its time.
  13. Aug 21, 2012
    Unreal Tournament is the bast FPS of all time! Great graphics,perfect gameplay and good balance make this the best FPS of all time... Too bad that when someone mentions first person shooter first game that comes to mind is call of duty,but they are all the same! I don't know why people like them so much...I just home that when Unreal Engine 4 comes out Epic Games will release UnrealUnreal Tournament is the bast FPS of all time! Great graphics,perfect gameplay and good balance make this the best FPS of all time... Too bad that when someone mentions first person shooter first game that comes to mind is call of duty,but they are all the same! I don't know why people like them so much...I just home that when Unreal Engine 4 comes out Epic Games will release Unreal Tournament 4 rather then Gears of War 4.... Expand
  14. Jul 14, 2012
    This is the best shot game ever created! It is fantastic and now (2012) nobody can compare with this game.
  15. Jun 9, 2012
    Old school game, that deserves straight 10. The domination, CTF, Assault, deathmatch, later mutators and arenas, are so well made that this game is a classic, that can be played even now, over ten years after the game has been released. Most of the game making studios have forgotten that games are meant to be fun, not to play for achievements and unlockable features, that's the only thingOld school game, that deserves straight 10. The domination, CTF, Assault, deathmatch, later mutators and arenas, are so well made that this game is a classic, that can be played even now, over ten years after the game has been released. Most of the game making studios have forgotten that games are meant to be fun, not to play for achievements and unlockable features, that's the only thing I can say when I'm comparing UT99 to other 'modern' games.

Plus this game gives me chills always when I play it, it allows me to remember the best times in my childhood with this game and a bunch of other really good games.
  16. Feb 9, 2012
    Yes i suppose to say about this game,it was fun to play and still addicting as ever.I spend playing this game from 2001 and still now i still like this game.The fast-paced gameplay,the graphics,the voice actor,the maps are great and i call this game as the Best 1999 game i ever played.Bravo Epic Games!
  17. n1k
    Jan 25, 2012
    One of my all time favorite games and surely the best FPS one. I'm not active yet, but i'll always remember the time spending on that game, so addictive and joyful!
  18. Jan 4, 2012
    The best FPS I've played... EVER. This game had me hooked for a solid 2 years, and I still fire it up every once in a while. Team concept is perfect, especially ctf and tdm. My favorite was getting in and mixing it up with some of the best Deathmatch players at the time (the overtoads, nomortals, xspains, destrukts, microbursts, escas, and sooo many more worthy players). This game hasThe best FPS I've played... EVER. This game had me hooked for a solid 2 years, and I still fire it up every once in a while. Team concept is perfect, especially ctf and tdm. My favorite was getting in and mixing it up with some of the best Deathmatch players at the time (the overtoads, nomortals, xspains, destrukts, microbursts, escas, and sooo many more worthy players). This game has the most solid gameplay mechanics and balanced weapons I've ever used. If you were good enough, ANY weapon (yes, including the goo..) could be deadly and turn the fight. Map control was so important, and the best players were able to gain a large advantage by controlling armor, belt, and any other important powerups. I miss the late nights and have fond memories of getting "locked in" and getting accused many times of aimbotting. It's an amazing game and still, to this day, is the best first person shooter. Only game, besides Mount and Blade (Crpg), this is the ONLY game I've felt was precise enough with aim and movement to be completely "skill" based without ever feeling cheated by a shot that looked like it should have hit. If you aimed right in Unreal Tournament, you hit the target (taking ping into account of course). Anyway, long enough. 10 out of 10! Expand
  19. Nov 27, 2011
    First game I ever played, and still playing it today, despite its age. I can't count how many hours this have kept me awake. This is just an awesome game that needs to be tried out! The graphics are old, but they are actually
  20. Nov 12, 2011
    Best FPS shooter i have ever played in my life,this was the beginning of my competitive gaming! The storyline and in the mayority the multiplayer were rich in controls and depth gameplay.
  21. Oct 24, 2011
    One of the best action FPS games of all time. This is one classic game like no other where the best game modes cannot be beat by other games. Although this game does not have a story, the graphics and the music are terrific.
  22. May 26, 2011
    If you don't like this game you're a f****** p****. Whoever rated it less than 10 doesn't know **** Actually it should be rated 11. In fact it's the only game ever, with Half-Life, that should be rated 11/10.
  23. May 21, 2011
    One of my all time favourite FPS of all time, the graphics are very good for 1999, weapons are awesome, music is amazing, maps are designed good, I mean everything about this game is awesome. Multiplayer isn't as enjoyable for me because I get killed 95% of the time. But singleplayer with bots is so much fun. When they're easy, they're easy. When they're hard, its hard. So definitely buyOne of my all time favourite FPS of all time, the graphics are very good for 1999, weapons are awesome, music is amazing, maps are designed good, I mean everything about this game is awesome. Multiplayer isn't as enjoyable for me because I get killed 95% of the time. But singleplayer with bots is so much fun. When they're easy, they're easy. When they're hard, its hard. So definitely buy this game. Expand
  24. Apr 23, 2011
    Why Epic cannot come close to this masterpiece again is beyond me. Solid. Clean. Fun. Maybe I am biased; this is the first PC game I ever played. I will admit I spent more time playing 2k4, but only because I enjoyed the single player campaign a little more, bots seemed slightly more intelligent. 2k4 was simply the next best thing. 2k3 and UT3 do not touch this.
  25. scottd
    Jan 1, 2010
    even with overly out of date graphics and gameplay unreal tournament is somehow as enjoyable today as im sure it was when first released
  26. MarekM
    Nov 18, 2009
    When I played this game first time it was on Celeron 300A+ VGA4MB and it worked! Very dynamic gameplay with variety of interesting and balanced weapons, very good maps for DM, good AI, good graphics. What is more it's very moddable - you can use mutators to change game rules diametrically, or use mods (there are tens of them) to play something totally different.
  27. johns
    Feb 22, 2009
    Best fps I have ever played. Its so much fun I'm still playing it. Its still alive and this is 2009. That's how good this game is. While its way more alive in Europe and South America than North America its still a flourishing game, depending on the mod. Team deathmatch, ctf, 125 speed ctf, and ig. This game is definitely still going.
  28. AnonymousMC
    Dec 6, 2008
    Best game i ever played....rocks from top to toe, 110% action,skill and teamplay. Started to play 2003 and still playing it like thousands of more peoples. Shame that they dont making a facelift of UT99 and listening to the players that we have said for years...no no...they have forgot whats fun and what people wants....now its eyecandy that rules....
  29. PontusM.
    May 3, 2008
    One of the finest pieces of art ive ever played. no when its 2008. it might seem laggy and bad graphics.. but its still the best game ever made(fp,s'e'u category) You cant give it lower
  30. LukeD.
    Apr 6, 2008
    Fantastic first person shooter, especially when you begin to unearth all of the free community made content/mods for the original Unreal Tournament!!
  31. JaredG.
    Apr 1, 2008
    I've probably spent more hours logged into this game than most people have spent logged into WoW. If you play UT, you'll have quite a bit of fun with fast paced fragging from the start; but that's just skimming the surface. If you embrace the UT community and explore what other people have done with this engine, the boys at Epic Games will be your new best friends.
  32. AngelinoD.
    Mar 29, 2008
    I also have to agree that Unreal Tournament is the best game i've ever played. I got the demo from a friend 6 years ago and I've been playing this game since then. This wasn't the only game of course. I played Counterstrike 1.6 professionally too but that didn't last bacause I always come back to UT. Personally no other game can tip to the flow, action and fun of this I also have to agree that Unreal Tournament is the best game i've ever played. I got the demo from a friend 6 years ago and I've been playing this game since then. This wasn't the only game of course. I played Counterstrike 1.6 professionally too but that didn't last bacause I always come back to UT. Personally no other game can tip to the flow, action and fun of this one. Definitely worth buying. Expand
  33. Meir0nL.
    Aug 19, 2007
    Best fps online shooter ever made. just amazing game in every aspect. i love this game, and before i played UT i was a quaker, i had the 2 demos running, but the UT got me back then. i love it.
  34. gbarulesThompson
    Aug 8, 2007
    This game is one of the few games I have nothing bad to say about. From the GOTY edition, the game has so much in it, and the shooting is perfect to a tee. One of the most fun I've had in an FPS game in years; they honestly should package it with Windows from now on. It's that good.
  35. SimonB.
    May 29, 2007
    Unreal Tournament? Enough said. The name itself holds to the franchise. It's unreal, it's insane, it's ... Unreal! I've been a gamer since my early childhood and I can say that Unreal Tournament, despite its age, still manages to be a very awesome lan party ingredient. The maps have ingenious level of detail and architecture for a game of its age. The weapons can all Unreal Tournament? Enough said. The name itself holds to the franchise. It's unreal, it's insane, it's ... Unreal! I've been a gamer since my early childhood and I can say that Unreal Tournament, despite its age, still manages to be a very awesome lan party ingredient. The maps have ingenious level of detail and architecture for a game of its age. The weapons can all be used for lethal action and skill comes through who is the fastest and the most preciseful. A split second earlier or late is a headshot or missed headshot. Music, if used, adds up to the chaos of a battlefield in UT. If only, IF ONLY the damned servers didn't have so much trouble with latency. Really, you are better off playing it at a lan party than on the internet. Aside from that, every mode of play gives a unique perspective at the action. Storyline? Who cares, it's in the future and "The Colliseum" is revived through Humanity's crave for blood and destruction. Jump in the arena and frag some fool. Expand
  36. TheSpiritofFire
    Jan 3, 2007
    This game is great on bot play, but is ridiculous on online. SO MUCH LAG, and I dont mean RAM lag, but latency lag. VERY bad support. Can someone tell me what # the latest patch is? I love the music, the graphics, the gameplay, everything, but the lag is infuriating.
  37. MetaPhysical
    Dec 5, 2006
    A true adrenaline-pumping thrill ride with excellent white-knucle gameplay, which still shines through today. Unreal Tournaments has made significant strides in what has become FPS gaming.
  38. DanielR.
    Nov 15, 2006
    I still remember playing this on my Voodoo 3 3000 from 3Dfx. It was the moment I knew that I loved computers, and that I was going to keep having a ton of fun for years to come. This was the second game that gave me "feelings" of joy, pride, anger, and love. The first was Unreal.
  39. Norman
    Oct 6, 2006
    Unreal Tournament is one of the best games ever made. It's been seven years since this game was unleashed upon an unprepared PC gaming community and it's soundtrack still holds as the most memorable videogame soundtrack ever made, it's community is still massive and growing & it's online popularity has never faltered. No matter how old it is or how much you've Unreal Tournament is one of the best games ever made. It's been seven years since this game was unleashed upon an unprepared PC gaming community and it's soundtrack still holds as the most memorable videogame soundtrack ever made, it's community is still massive and growing & it's online popularity has never faltered. No matter how old it is or how much you've played it, this game just keeps making you come back for more. Expand
  40. Bryan
    Sep 25, 2006
    One of the best games ever.... Mods and the mapmaker keep it fresh, keeps me coming back for more.
  41. Justin
    Jul 25, 2006
    I have UT99, UT2003, and UT2004. I've played UT2004 and I actually removed it and replaced it with UT99. I don't think I've ever been so addicted to any videogame my entire life.
  42. MattT.
    Apr 13, 2006
    The best game I ever played.
  43. MatthieuR.
    Mar 23, 2006
    I'm still playing it, six years later. There is no game in my life that I have played longer, or enjoyed more. UT is the King of Kings
  44. XanM.
    Nov 10, 2005
    Simply fantastic, one of the best FPS's out there, and its cheap, if you have a tenner, run, get it now!!, RUN!!
  45. John
    Jun 19, 2005
    This is really one of the best fps's of all time. It's kind of like a missing link between the original quake and most modern day online fps- the brilliant, basic, raw action of the former combined with the cleaverness, modes, and general polish of modern games. While the graphics are dated, this should not be a problem for most people, providing you have an open mind about This is really one of the best fps's of all time. It's kind of like a missing link between the original quake and most modern day online fps- the brilliant, basic, raw action of the former combined with the cleaverness, modes, and general polish of modern games. While the graphics are dated, this should not be a problem for most people, providing you have an open mind about believing 'graphics arn't as important as gameplay'. All that means is that anybody should be able to get it working these days thanks to it's low spec requirements. While I would recommend you go for the later games if you have the money or the hardware to play them on, this original version is every bit as good. Expand
  46. J.B.
    Dec 9, 2004
    Should be labelled as greatest stress releiver ever!!!
  47. MartijnvandeV.
    Sep 5, 2004
    Very very addictive...
  48. Uter
    May 23, 2003
    It's 1 of the most brilliant games of it's time. The graphics are still good by todays standards. And most importantly, it's still fun to play today.
  49. ClaudeB.
    Apr 6, 2003
    Best Game ever....Ut2003 is fair but doesnt hold the Original a candle.
  50. ShawnC.
    Oct 14, 2002
    Good game, I like the guns and the maps. The graphic of the game looks good. The blood and the guts looks really relistic. Anyone who hasn't got this game yet, go and get it.

1. Every weapon that was in "Unreal" has been given a total facelift for Unreal Tournament. Everything has been totally redrawn and textured - the overall look of the weapons is quite impressive.
  2. Without better DM map design, more polished graphics and artwork and maybe more panache in the weapons design department, we don't feel that Unreal Tournament is quite ready to earn our seal of approval as the uber-shooter to carry gaming into the next millennium.
  3. Not really a revolutionary game, but it is almost perfect at what it does. This is the definitive straight multi-player first person shooter. It is an amazing game that never fails to impress or entertain.